PDA

View Full Version : Any up to date guide for Katana's?

Salavtore
Oct 16, 2016, 05:01 PM
Getting straight to the point, i feel lackluster, even for a noob, in katana's. I just need an up to date guide or even tips from some of you veteran katana builders.
Especially guides covering, what i should invest skill points into.
The reconmended Rings for katana's (or braver?)
Is hunter the best choice as a second class with braver?

I won't go into big detail, but all i ask is a good guide on what i should build up towards for a nice strong katana build.
Currently using Katana as my main class with hunter as a secondary, both level 50.

Thank you.

Saelix
Oct 16, 2016, 05:40 PM
youre level 50 so you probably don't have all the damage multipliers in Hunter that make a huge difference with your damage.
Katana is good for mobbing,Bow is for Bossing which in turns means Big damage so you might want to look into that
Katana is just fine just spamming guren tessen,but there will be people that will call you a noob for doing so but they can fuck off cause they aren't accounting for Guren having 25% less pp cost which is probably the most important factor but others include,being a gap closer,and homing in on weak points and having high vertical range..

Zysets
Oct 16, 2016, 06:16 PM
Everything Saelix said pretty much.

My PAs are Gurren Tessen three times, a combo of Gurren Tessen > Hien-tsubaki > Sakura-endo, and finally Kanran-kikyou three times.

For rings, I just use Killing Bonus and Air Reversal.
I probably don't have the best Skill Tree, since I don't actually main Br/Hu, but this is what mine looks like (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11eNbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0j2OdBIbuni2fbx8JksNI20000006doIn0000000jdoib0 000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbqB4NGAdF6r AHSaxdAbn00000fdoIb0000000lo000000j).

Salavtore
Oct 16, 2016, 06:28 PM
I was honestly thinking the same thing, I had started katana's before a short break..i was spamming gurren more often than not, its practically as strong or even stronger than a level 10 katana skill at level 1 anyway...luckily for me i'm on ship 7 so if someone calls me a noob, i wont understand them because (i do not speak the korean)
Bows on the other hand, average stance and Fury stance both affect bow damage right? I wouldn't mind a guide or even a build on bows too.
@Zysets, i'll look towards those rings then, gracias~

nguuuquaaa
Oct 16, 2016, 06:37 PM
youre level 50 so you probably don't have all the damage multipliers in Hunter that make a huge difference with your damage.
Katana is good for mobbing,Bow is for Bossing which in turns means Big damage so you might want to look into that
Katana is just fine just spamming guren tessen,but there will be people that will call you a noob for doing so but they can fuck off cause they aren't accounting for Guren having 25% less pp cost which is probably the most important factor but others include,being a gap closer,and homing in on weak points and having high vertical range..

Guren is good, but not too good. For Katana Combat Finish you still need Hatou/Kanran, for tall or flying enemies Tsukimi/Nadeshiko Type-0, for small weakpoints or stationary DPS Sakura. Yes you should Guren 80~90% of the time, but not 100%.

Salavtore
Oct 16, 2016, 08:38 PM
Well while we're on the subject, i can easily fit a bow build with katana build, right?

Flaoc
Oct 16, 2016, 09:03 PM
Everything Saelix said pretty much.

My PAs are Gurren Tessen three times, a combo of Gurren Tessen > Hien-tsubaki > Sakura-endo, and finally Kanran-kikyou three times.

For rings, I just use Killing Bonus and Air Reversal.
I probably don't have the best Skill Tree, since I don't actually main Br/Hu, but this is what mine looks like (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11eNbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0j2OdBIbuni2fbx8JksNI20000006doIn0000000jdoib0 000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbqB4NGAdF6r AHSaxdAbn00000fdoIb0000000lo000000j).

eh what 2 button? nope nope nope

at OP use 3 button and stay that way for best results

Zysets
Oct 16, 2016, 09:52 PM
eh what 2 button? nope nope nope

at OP use 3 button and stay that way for best results
Honestly, I second the 3 button recommendation. I used 3 Button for everything when I had a controller because it felt more familiar to me, being more similar to PSO and PSU's controls, but I've had to use Mouse + Keyboard for awhile and I cannot get used to it with the mouse, it's really awkward for me.

Saelix
Oct 17, 2016, 12:08 AM
Well while we're on the subject, i can easily fit a bow build with katana build, right?

Yes Braver is meant to be a hybrid class and do just fine having the necessary skills for both weapons and Average stance.Basic combo for Bow would be Banish Arrrow-Kamikaze Arrow multiple times. That's just the extreme basic combo there are other skills to activate to improve it.

Kokurokoki
Oct 25, 2016, 02:45 PM

Isn't 50 points enough to get all the fury stance points?

Dephinix
Oct 25, 2016, 04:30 PM
Isn't 50 points enough to get all the fury stance points?

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11eTbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIodS0fdodBIbl20fJksNI20000006doIn0000000jdoib000 0000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000dodB4NinrdrFfr AHSGKIbIs00000fdoIb0000000lo000000j

If you don't max Fury Combo, then I guess so. Should have 60 points by level 50, but that would mean mean ignoring all the survival skills in hunter. Unless you were 100% confident as a Br/Hu, I would hope you at least get automate by then, and leave one JA bonus alone.
You're going to also want a potentialed red weapon if you're comparing to someone else with a red weapon. That damage leap is huge until you grab a usable 13*

Plaguelight
Oct 25, 2016, 04:53 PM
http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11eTbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIodS0fdodBIbl20fJksNI20000006doIn0000000jdoib000 0000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000dodB4NinrdrFfr AHSGKIbIs00000fdoIb0000000lo000000j

If you don't max Fury Combo, then I guess so. Should have 60 points by level 50, but that would mean mean ignoring all the survival skills in hunter. Unless you were 100% confident as a Br/Hu, I would hope you at least get automate by then, and leave one JA bonus alone.
You're going to also want a potentialed red weapon if you're comparing to someone else with a red weapon. That damage leap is huge until you grab a usable 13*

If Fury is better than Average, why do you get both? Forgive me for being such a noob about it, but it just seems odd to me.

Loveless62
Oct 25, 2016, 05:59 PM
If Fury is better than Average, why do you get both? Forgive me for being such a noob about it, but it just seems odd to me.
You can have both Fury Stance and Average Stance active at the same time and stack the benefits from both.

In general, you can have stances from separate classes active simultaneously. Two stances from the same class, however (like Guard Stance and Fury Stance) cannot be active at the same time.

Plaguelight
Oct 25, 2016, 07:43 PM
You can have both Fury Stance and Average Stance active at the same time and stack the benefits from both.

In general, you can have stances from separate classes active simultaneously. Two stances from the same class, however (like Guard Stance and Fury Stance) cannot be active at the same time.

Whoa, it's an activation skill? I really am out of touch...

Kokurokoki
Oct 25, 2016, 08:46 PM

Yeah, it gets really noticeable with red weapons.

But at least from my experience with Hu/Br and Br/Hu, you don't need to max Fury Combo. Getting it to level 5 is enough because snatch-step JA into any kind of PA will automatically boost it to 110% if I remember right. I remember testing it out and step into JA step attack or step into PA was enough.

Unless SEGA changed how Fury Combo works, you only need to go up to 105% with Br/Hu because step attack JAs will give you those two stacks almost instantly to get you up to 110%.

I would argue that all you really need for defensives on Hunter tree is healing guard until you get to XH. But I haven't played Braver in like forever and I don't build full meta as I'm more of a casual player.

Dephinix
Oct 26, 2016, 05:07 PM
I used to use only 5%, but it feels like there are quite a few extra points on Hunter tree anyways, I find it nice to not have to step attack for a JA bonus, but just do a step for the full 10%. I might be misunderstanding you, but, let's say we have 5% in fury combo. If we get the snatch step JA, that starts us off at 5%, if we step attack from that JA and get our next circle, we then get the 10%. Not a huge time difference, but I find it upsetting with Hatou Rindo spam. With 10% fury combo, however, we just perform a step action, no attack, for a full 10% damage bonus at anytime. I think this was favorable with bows in general, but it's been a while since I've been on the forums.

You're probably right about XH. I see a lot of people still using luxe in SH and XH on both expert and difficulty specific blocks, but I have no idea how well those unextended units do at defending the player.