PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Amaduscia Info & Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

ArcaneTechs
Oct 17, 2016, 10:26 PM
Short tidbits until I update the thread with more info (i.e. Gix pot, boss drop pots etc)
-75/75 Main/Sub class REQUIRED to run this
-Enemies are weak to Lightning
-Collection Sheets added for UQ and expire: 1/10/17 (Jan 10th, 2017)
-UQ will have the 30's gate before starting
-12* Units ARE Affixable (don't know where it came from that they wouldn't be) along with affixable rings (Max Lv them first on some)

-Quest is is pretty much a long hallway of random rooms, clear out mobs and get to the bosses, speedness of the runs varies on your mpa of course but average time seems to be about 7-10mins long. You can destroy the turrets AFTER they open if need be (they can be annoying but attacking them closed has a damage reduction.

-End boss will either be Anga or Gruezoras Drago (UQ Quartz) or Drago Deadlion (as you know, it's random)

-Currently Block 20 (ironic) and up seem to be the blocks for UQ but as the quest dies down, please try to use the Ultimate Blocks (as of right now Ultimate dedicated block is 34, subject to change via Sega) in the future for ease of running the quest, Ship 02 for whatever seems to be one of the only ones who never gather in the appropriate blocks to run quests (like Rideroid) and it makes it very difficult for others who want to run the content. Course they can also be used to EQ's like Profound Darkness if you desire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3GeV4LF6A

Gix Series
-A lot of them share a common trait from the Gunner Class skill "High Time", the damage builds up "over time" and will reset via certain conditions. They do not reset to 0% rather akin to Are's Pot. The weapons damage will reset if you switch to another weapon like Orbit.

When Pot is reset it is reduced to "6%" damage, after reaching each weapons respective time requirements the 20% damage fully kicks in.
S atk weps: 70s
R atk weps: 50s
T atk weps: 60s

Damage bonus resets to base if a mate item is used. This includes through Automate skills:
Sword
Wired Lance
Partizan
Twin Daggers
Double Saber
Knuckles
Katana

Damage bonus resets to base if you take any damage.:
Gunslash
Dual Blades
Assault Rifle
Launcher
Twin Machinegun
Bullet Bow
Wand
Jetboots

Damage bonus resets to base if you use any evade actions:
Rod
Talis

Boss themed weapons all have the same Pot's:
6% damage increase, 20% damage and knockback reduction (clarification needed)

Wired Lances
Knuckles
Jetboots
Wand

SteveCZ
Oct 17, 2016, 10:42 PM
Feels like months ago that this was just a mere rumor down to where it never goes to the surface. Gonna enjoy this much.

wefwq
Oct 17, 2016, 10:42 PM
I hope they add number of pro™ blocks® along with UQ update.

loafhero
Oct 18, 2016, 02:38 AM
Good idea to start an Ult Amduscia thread earlier.

I'm mostly excited for the new bosses and mobs. I've always appreciated the effort put into previous Ult Maps in making the enemies different in both design and animation without ever seeming like half-assed reskins.

EDIT: You may need to edit the title. Its spelled "Amduscia" not "Amaduscia".

doomdragon83
Oct 18, 2016, 02:45 AM
I hope they add number of pro™ blocks® along with UQ update.

I'd rather they reduce the number of blocks in general and increase the amount of people that can fit in a block. </wishful thinking>

wefwq
Oct 18, 2016, 03:01 AM
I'd rather they reduce the number of blocks in general and increase the amount of people that can fit in a block. </wishful thinking>

They'll need bigger pedestal fan for server room, they won't want that.

Dammy
Oct 18, 2016, 03:04 AM
They'll need bigger pedestal fan for server room, they won't want that.
its okay , jut few more hamsters

ohpz
Oct 18, 2016, 04:23 AM
-Enemies are weak to Lighting

I'll remember to bring a flashlight. :-D

Madevil
Oct 18, 2016, 04:32 AM
-Enemies are weak to Lighting

Uh? Light or Lightning?

SteveCZ
Oct 18, 2016, 04:51 AM
Uh? Light or Lightning?

Light-ing. Prepare your Light techs! Shine 'em enemyes!

IchijinKali
Oct 18, 2016, 05:09 AM
-Enemies are weak to LIGHTNING

Since people seem to be confused somehow just because of the lack of N in the original post.

Madevil
Oct 18, 2016, 05:12 AM
Light-ing. Prepare your Light techs! Shine 'em enemyes!
Okay~ I'll assign my hot keys with Resta and Anti :clown:

Since people seem to be confused somehow just because of the lack of N in the original post.
Uh? it's lightning?

Poyonche
Oct 18, 2016, 05:29 AM
Lightning ? There is no such thing as "Lightning" in my PSO2. :wacko:

SteveCZ
Oct 18, 2016, 05:42 AM
Oh I get it. So they're weak against Lightning.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Final-Fantasy-XIII-feature-672x372.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Selphea
Oct 18, 2016, 05:43 AM
:lightning: :lightning: :lightning:

Only element that doesn't have a smiley is Wind :wacko:

Dammy
Oct 18, 2016, 05:56 AM
:lightning: :lightning: :lightning:

Only element that doesn't have a smiley is Wind :wacko:

probably because no wind techs in pso1

Selphea
Oct 18, 2016, 06:10 AM
PSU :p but more importantly PSO2 icons are 4 years overdue!

Raujinn
Oct 18, 2016, 06:12 AM
That 30s gate makes me sad still, but it's probably necessary for the quest's door gimmick to work.

I mean if it works as described, letting people join mid-run would be disastrous because they'd get direct access to the bosses.

Madevil
Oct 18, 2016, 06:45 AM
probably because no wind techs in pso1

did someone said wind weakness before ep4? was there such as thing? :clown:

Keilyn
Oct 18, 2016, 07:13 AM
Sounds like fun. ^_^
I hope that the difficulty and thrill that was Nab Ult prior to its nerf returns. :)

I know its off-topic...
but they really need to make an XHAQ...I am getting bored with SHAQ 80 :(

Meteor Weapon
Oct 18, 2016, 07:13 AM
Forest Natives and Loser Darkers, but well you could just burn them with fire on natives and light on on those sore Losers

Xaelouse
Oct 18, 2016, 07:31 AM
Can't say I'm hyped for this quest, honestly, seeing the fate of all the other content they add. Just another waterhole that will dry up

I'm interested in seeing if they put the bosses in new solo XQ.

Tunga
Oct 18, 2016, 07:54 AM
did someone said wind weakness before ep4? was there such as thing? :clown:

Bantha Ong says hello

Zorak000
Oct 18, 2016, 09:46 AM

I'd rather they split lobbies and quests into separate servers so that it would make it easier to find an mpa; but that would require a massive overhaul of the entire system I would think

as in, the lobby you are in has no bearing on what MPAs you have access to when you start a quest at the counter; though this would fly in the face of the expert blocks I guess. the plus side would be they could implement departing for a quest from the team room

ArcaneTechs
Oct 18, 2016, 09:58 AM
alright i edited out that silly little typo w and idk i dont use the Eng translation when i play but im sure people know what im talking, just one less letter for Ama's name

still crossing my fingers the Gix pot isnt Blackheart related

Indignation211
Oct 18, 2016, 10:14 AM
-75/75 Main/Sub class required to run this

Wait subclass has to be 75 too?!

Uh is Ranger/Fighter viable? Those are the only 2 classes I have at 75 and I dont want to miss out on the initial Gix spam while I finish leveling Hunter...

MightyHarken
Oct 18, 2016, 10:29 AM

Uh is Ranger/Fighter viable? Those are the only 2 classes I have at 75 and I dont want to miss out on the initial Gix spam while I finish leveling Hunter...

Ra/hu is way better, but ra/fi shouldn't be that bad. you're going to have a bad time with enemies turning the other way every time you prepare an attack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the thread though, out of all the quests in the game, this one seems very fitting to have the 30s gate. Now imagine if it had the option to be a 4 man quest :D

Raujinn
Oct 18, 2016, 10:36 AM
Was it actually confirmed? I know they were talking about enforcing a 75 sub but I don't recall them ever saying that'd definitely be the case.

e: Looks like it was! Alrighty then.

Indignation211
Oct 18, 2016, 10:58 AM
And of Course I affixed my Saiki set for S-ATK...

Not to mention if they're expecting 75/75 then they're also probably expecting fully upgraded 13-stars and I haven't got any of those (was kind of counting on Gix filling that... looks like im stuck with Red for the forseeable future)

Maybe ill just level Hunter.

JCry
Oct 18, 2016, 11:13 AM

Losing potential damage by not having Fury Stance and considering its UQ your survivability will also tank. You're not going to provide much to the MPA besides that nullified weak bullet. My suggestion is have a little fun with the quest as RaFi but level Hu in downtime/whenever possible like in EQs and such.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 18, 2016, 01:25 PM
And of Course I affixed my Saiki set for S-ATK...

Not to mention if they're expecting 75/75 then they're also probably expecting fully upgraded 13-stars and I haven't got any of those (was kind of counting on Gix filling that... looks like im stuck with Red for the forseeable future)

Maybe ill just level Hunter.
your not required to have 13*s maxed or at all buts very suggested you have some sort of good gear, if anything maxed gear 12* weps like falz weps or something. Red weps are fine too at least until you fill our or have a dropled Gix weapon.

but as RA/FI, gonna have a tough time (please use launcher on mobs though for the love of god and not One Point everything, Rifle on bosses too)

Skornedemon
Oct 18, 2016, 03:54 PM
Bantha Ong says hello

Dark Falz Loser and his darkers also say hello.

Flaoc
Oct 18, 2016, 03:59 PM

nope they werent wind exclusive

nguuuquaaa
Oct 18, 2016, 04:00 PM

They are not exclusively wind weak tho, the only one non-Earth monster that is only weak to wind is Bantha Ong, that's why it's not necessary to have a wind weapon pre-ep4.

ohpz
Oct 18, 2016, 04:09 PM
I'd rather they split lobbies and quests into separate servers so that it would make it easier to find an mpa; but that would require a massive overhaul of the entire system I would think

as in, the lobby you are in has no bearing on what MPAs you have access to when you start a quest at the counter; though this would fly in the face of the expert blocks I guess. the plus side would be they could implement departing for a quest from the team room

That would certainly extend the life of some of the now dead content in the game. I'd take it a step further and make it to where even the ship you're on doesn't matter. Go to the quest counter > select *quest* > expert/normal > difficulty level > join.

The pool of players would be from all ships + all blocks so you'd have an easy time getting 12/12 in whatever you're trying to do or 4/4 in AQs. Then you could still password mpas for team runs or select solo if you want to do something by yourself. :wacko:

doomdragon83
Oct 18, 2016, 06:05 PM

I see what you're saying. Maybe change expert blocks to add an option when you make a party/quest to restrict those who lack the H&H title, assuming you yourself have that title. That team room idea is a nice touch.

Keilyn
Oct 18, 2016, 07:47 PM
I see what you're saying. Maybe change expert blocks to add an option when you make a party/quest to restrict those who lack the H&H title, assuming you yourself have that title. That team room idea is a nice touch.

Aren't titles account-wide though?
One-Character gets it... they all do?

doomdragon83
Oct 18, 2016, 09:22 PM
Aren't titles account-wide though?
One-Character gets it... they all do?
My issue is with how small blocks are at least before premium (when they are half full). It sucks seeing a lot of the usual blocks filled up and seeing that there are 40+ blocks before you get to the shared blocks. What I really want is these excess blocks removed and the blocks that remain gets the extra space.
As for dealing with the title requirement, add an option to restrict players if their character did not clear H&H. This should be something Sega can do something about but Sega and hard work don't mix.

Keilyn
Oct 18, 2016, 10:18 PM
My issue is with how small blocks are at least before premium (when they are half full). It sucks seeing a lot of the usual blocks filled up and seeing that there are 40+ blocks before you get to the shared blocks. What I really want is these excess blocks removed and the blocks that remain gets the extra space.
As for dealing with the title requirement, add an option to restrict players if their character did not clear H&H. This should be something Sega can do something about but Sega and hard work don't mix.

The increase in people would be linear
However, System performance required to achieve stability is actually an Exponential Growth Function...
System Performance itself is Parabolic, so I wonder if they at their sweet spot with what they have now...

wefwq
Oct 18, 2016, 10:18 PM
Damn i completely forgot the update is today.

kurokyosuke
Oct 19, 2016, 03:56 AM
So, any details on the Gix potential yet?

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 04:26 AM
If it's the ones I saw in the data, it's potentially decent for Automate sword users and kinda trash for everyone else. Essentially the weaponized version of Gunner's High Time; boosts power over time up to 20% but is reset whenever you use a mate item (melee), whenever you get hit (ranged) or whenever you use an evasive action (Force). Datamining ofc, so these could turn out to belong to another weapon series or the details may be slightly off, but those were the only ones I saw that resembled "under certain conditions".

The data doesn't say for example if it resets when you swap weapons, but I presume it does. It also doesn't say how long you're waiting for to get that 20%.

The reason I say "potentially decent for automate sword users" is automate use might not count for the penalty.

Bellion
Oct 19, 2016, 04:29 AM
The potential for the gyx is damage increase over time, and getting hit will reset the damage bonus, It's a Hightime potential. Switching weapons also probably resets the damage bonus as well.

Back to Austere zzzzzz

wefwq
Oct 19, 2016, 04:31 AM
Got my first *12 units, it appear this unit doesn't have bonus set...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/rO7GS.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

kurokyosuke
Oct 19, 2016, 04:32 AM
If it's the ones I saw in the data, it's potentially decent for Automate sword users and kinda trash for everyone else. Essentially the weaponized version of Gunner's High Time; boosts power over time up to 20% but is reset whenever you use a mate item (melee), whenever you get hit (ranged) or whenever you use an evasive action (Force). Datamining ofc, so these could turn out to belong to another weapon series or the details may be slightly off, but those were the only ones I saw that resembled "under certain conditions".

The data doesn't say for example if it resets when you swap weapons, but I presume it does. It also doesn't say how long you're waiting for to get that 20%.

The reason I say "potentially decent for automate sword users" is automate use might not count for the penalty.

Wouldn't that be good for TMGs too, then? Since the whole point of Gunner is to not get hit (while using Showtime) anyway.

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 04:34 AM
The potential for the gyx is damage increase over time, and getting hit will reset the damage bonus, It's a Hightime potential. Switching weapons also probably resets the damage bonus as well.

Back to Austere zzzzzz

What weapon was this data taken from? There's three different versions in the data (see my post) so it'd be nice to know if they align with what was datamined.

FantasyHeaven
Oct 19, 2016, 04:34 AM
These weapons just make me sleepy, it's the same thing they've been feeding us for years now.

Bellion
Oct 19, 2016, 04:37 AM
What weapon was this data taken from? There's three different versions in the data (see my post) so it'd be nice to know if they align with what was datamined.

I believe it was the launcher, so it lines up with your post.

RX-93
Oct 19, 2016, 04:40 AM
So.... no unit set bonus? Meh potential for Gix? Ultimate Amduscia as easy(and boring) as Nab and Lilipa?

What was the point of this update again? Why did this even need mandatory 75/75 if nothing here even hits half as hard as PD?

nevershootme
Oct 19, 2016, 04:41 AM
only set bonus is with ray weap and unit (not rear or leg?). and it's only 60 dex!

doomdragon83
Got my first *12 units, it appear this unit doesn't have bonus set...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/rO7GS.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I got a leg unit, no set effect for that either. I wasn't really keeping up with the info for this update but I'll assume there is no set effect.

wefwq
So.... no unit set bonus? Meh potential for Gix? Ultimate Amduscia as easy(and boring) as Nab and Lilipa?

What was the point of this update again?

It's actually far more easier and boring than ultimate nab and lillipa combined because it's very short and less amount of spawn on it.

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 04:43 AM
I believe it was the launcher, so it lines up with your post.

Alright cheers, though of course we gotta wait to see the rest for ourselves. They may have dropped the other two or they may have given wierd ones to specific weapons (like the "dont get hit" one to knuckles or something).

Wouldn't that be good for TMGs too, then? Since the whole point of Gunner is to not get hit (while using Showtime) anyway.

If they truly never ever get hit then sure. Remains to be seen for others as well I guess, like does Jet Boots shift action count as "an evasive action" cause if it isn't it might be OK for them? Dual Blades might work if Bouncer can get away with self-heals through resta but.. idk if that's practical I dont play bouncer.

Kintama
Oct 19, 2016, 04:44 AM
How is everything difficulty wise? The reviews so far are somewhat disappointing with 12*units being easy as pie to get.

SteveCZ
Oct 19, 2016, 04:44 AM
I guess the only things I'd look forward here are the eggs then. ( '-' )

RX-93
Oct 19, 2016, 04:46 AM
How is everything difficulty wise? The reviews so far are somewhat disappointing with 12*units being easy as pie to get.

Well... Starting on my 3rd run I began to just chat to friends as I braindeaded through the run and stopped bothering to dodge while automate did its thing.

Kintama
Are you KIDDING me?!

Shinamori
I thought that was the pot for the non 13* CF that drop in UQ Amdu?

Ahri
Oct 19, 2016, 04:49 AM
Someone can translate this pot?

https://s13.postimg.org/44jr1nfhx/pso20161019_034755_008.jpg

エリュシオン
Oct 19, 2016, 04:50 AM
Got the Ray Arm piece, seems it has a pretty mediocre set bonus. http://puu.sh/rO8fm/026043c56d.jpg

Kintama
Oct 19, 2016, 04:53 AM
So if i get this straight:

-Units supposedly harder to get than Saiki are as common as friggin Adamans

-The whole ordeal is very short and easy as pie

-Collection Files are here anyway so there is no need to look forward for RNGod..

..What the fuck are we supposed to look forward to again?!

FantasyHeaven
Oct 19, 2016, 04:53 AM
What made naberius harder back in the day was the chance for multiple codes to spawn at once, there's no chance for that here.
Hardly saw anyone die in the 3 runs that I did.

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 04:54 AM
I don't think I've been this disappointed since Yamato.

Kintama
Oct 19, 2016, 04:55 AM
What made naberius harder back in the day was the chance for multiple codes to spawn at once, there's no chance for that here.
Hardly saw anyone die in the 3 runs that I did.

Embarassing..

Vatallus
Oct 19, 2016, 05:01 AM
The hard part isn't really killing the enemies, but getting the S rank. I still only have one unit drop (besides the title reward).

Kintama
Oct 19, 2016, 05:06 AM
The hard part isn't really killing the enemies, but getting the S rank. I still only have one unit drop (besides the title reward).

Why should i look forward to getting an S rank, this is ULTIMATE Mode i want to get my ass kicked even though i try my darnest and not look forward to getting upgrades already pointless because they aren't getting necessary to clear the even easier upcoming content!

qoxolg
Oct 19, 2016, 05:08 AM
Haven't gotten any S rank so far on B13. My guess is you need a time of 7:30 or faster.

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 05:08 AM

So this is basically a 12 man TA then? I am assuming. Where's my GREAT!

nguuuquaaa
Oct 19, 2016, 05:09 AM
So Austere rear+arm plus Ray leg is the new set to go then?

IchijinKali
Oct 19, 2016, 05:11 AM
Haven't gotten any S rank so far on B13. My guess is you need a time of 7:30 or faster.

Teammate just confirmed it is under 7 min for S rank.

RX-93
Oct 19, 2016, 05:15 AM
So Austere rear+arm plus Ray leg is the new set to go then?

Set bonus appears to be Ray weapon + arm. So thats a no go.

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 05:21 AM
Can get a run with basically no spawns and get S-Rank, but can get a run with tons of spawns and get an A rank. SEGA why is this a thing?

Kintama
Oct 19, 2016, 05:22 AM
So SEGA is rewarding players by rushing some very long due content? F*** NO I AM PLAYING THIS 1/12 AND TAKE MY SWEEET TIME.

Vatallus
Oct 19, 2016, 05:28 AM
Not everyone can be made happy.

But yeah some of these trails take more time than others. Really a problem when you need 7 mins or less for S rank and drops.

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 05:32 AM
Not everyone can be made happy.

But yeah some of these trails take more time than others. Really a problem when you need 7 mins or less for S rank and drops.

Oh well back to Multi-shipping and catching as many PD as I can for Austeres.

Tournesol
Oct 19, 2016, 05:34 AM
Got the Ray Arm piece, seems it has a pretty mediocre set bonus. http://puu.sh/rO8fm/026043c56d.jpg
Golf units? (/ω\`)

IchijinKali
Oct 19, 2016, 05:35 AM
Also to point out something the only time you will die in this is when you get combo'd. I have died a few times in my 8 or so runs as a TE/RA and each time it was always because I was combo'd. Usually because of how much crap is flying all over the place at times.

Also it seems the gix weapons pot is a little different than what was said previously, well somewhat.
It seems to increase damage up to 20% over time. However it resets based on certain actions. That action is dependent upon weapon category apparently.

Melee: Resets if you use a mate, unconfirmed if halfline triggers it.
Ranged: Resets if you take a hit.
Caster: Resets if you use mirage escape.

As a personal side note gee thanks SEGA for making it more of a pain in the ass to keep DPS up as a Ranger. Also I wonder if they did something for BOs considering they have resta and well no mirage escape so yeah fail SEGA?

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 05:35 AM
On the subject of Gyx Weapons, supposedly Automate can stop the damage from being reset if it heals quickly enough? Not sure my JP isn't very good.

Edit: Nevermind.

nguuuquaaa
Oct 19, 2016, 05:47 AM
Set bonus appears to be Ray weapon + arm. So thats a no go.

Lurk moar pls, set bonus is 60 DEX :wacko:

loafhero
Oct 19, 2016, 06:17 AM
Rather disappointed with the short time of Ult Amd and S-Ranks being determined by speed of completion.

The Dragon bosses voices are pretty fun to listen to, though:

- Gruezoras Drago (Ult Quartz Dragon) has a young, heroic sounding voice compared to the high-pitch, almost villainous voice of Quartz Dragon.

- Dragon Deadlion (Ult Dragon EX) sounds like a wise but pretty chill old dude (Its crystals around its face do look like a beard) compared to the stricter, proud sounding Dragon Ex.

- Box Dewbles (Ult Tranmizer) sounded surprisingly adorable.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 19, 2016, 06:28 AM
.....I should have known, we hyped for nothing. The 30 sec teleporter gate already depicts how retardedly easy this quest is gonna be. It feels no different with Vegas or any other 30 sec gate quest

Considering how retardedly easy Ult Amd was atm. what iare JP's feedback who seriously wants something supposed to be challenging on this quest?

Agastya
Oct 19, 2016, 06:31 AM
Rather disappointed with the short time of Ult Amd and S-Ranks being determined by speed of completion.

The Dragon bosses voices are pretty fun to listen to, though:

they also have the reverb effect on dark falz entity voices as well, instead of the normal mental echo that regular dragon bosses have

pretty good touch

i'm gonna spitball that s-rank time is sub-7 minutes, at 8:09 cleartime we were down 69 points from 2000 so it probably deducts one point per second past 7 minutes

e: i dunno what you guys were expecting going into it on expert blocks where we already have overkill attack
i at least thought it was cool

Kondibon
Oct 19, 2016, 06:38 AM
Aaaand no one is doing it on my block. I just wanna get the new pets and a set or two of units. :I

Dammy
Oct 19, 2016, 06:43 AM
i'm gonna spitball that s-rank time is sub-7 minutes, at 8:09 cleartime we were down 69 points from 2000 so it probably deducts one point per second past 7 minutes

yes, srank is under 7 mins , got that few times

Vatallus
Oct 19, 2016, 06:52 AM
At least the collection files are easy to do.

Still one 12* unit drop though...

Zephyrion
Oct 19, 2016, 06:57 AM
To be fair though, this specific UQ is terribly easier compared to other UQs with an MPA but a lot harder in a single party because of monster spawns being fixed, but incredibly dirty for some of them (looking at you, quadruple Sorcerer + Goldies). Same for bosses, that can't be stunlocked abused anymore (I'm sad they didn't remove that stunlock abuse that every dragon boss is subject to, since it's what makes them a lot easier than they should be) when being in a smaller group. So yeah make Ult Amdu single party only already so that we can get what we were hoping for xD

New Anga would be a lot better if it did update its resistances like older one, oh well

isCasted
Oct 19, 2016, 07:39 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring...

Really, it would be better off as a single-party quest. In fact, it would be way better off as a series of multiparty quests. Getting a pug that can get S is a luck/pay-based mission, yet there's hardly any player skill involved. Enemies are mostly really slow, so there's no serious need to dodge - it almost feels like a freaking firing range mission.

Seriously, how the hell is it so much easier than random Limited Quests???

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 07:52 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring...

Really, it would be better off as a single-party quest. In fact, it would be way better off as a series of multiparty quests. Getting a pug that can get S is a luck/pay-based mission, yet there's hardly any player skill involved. Enemies are mostly really slow, so there's no serious need to dodge - it almost feels like a freaking firing range mission.

Seriously, how the hell is it so much easier than random Limited Quests???

It's a 12man TA that acts as a PS4 player catchup quest because Austere is still a bit too time consuming for them to obtain :)

Real explanation: They got everyone hyped about the Ultimate "aesthetic" and packaged a short to develop, no brains to play arks quest, with a 'decent' weapon dripfeed that isn't enough to upset major austere investors but gives some people enough reason to play it. While giving it a "pro" ranking factor to validate these new blocks, even though this quest is easy.

Wouldn't even surprise me if we get a ton of band-aid fixes in the coming weeks to make it a more "full" experience.

Kazzi
Oct 19, 2016, 08:07 AM
I have never been more disappointed in PSO2 than I am right now. Usually I'm pretty hype for updates, vegas had me weary but turned out to be a lot of fun and very fast paced. This UQ just honestly feels like I'm playing another standard mmo where the goal is to just rush the dungeon grind. There was no challenge, it just comes across as being totally half assed content.

Mattykins
Oct 19, 2016, 08:12 AM
It's only been out a few hours and it feels like it's already dying. lol gg sega

Xaelouse
Oct 19, 2016, 08:16 AM
This episode can't end soon enough. What a travesty

Hrith
Oct 19, 2016, 08:33 AM
The problem is not enemy design, it's mission design - here, but almost everywhere in PSO2. Ultimate missions should be limited to four players, not twelve.

Do we know the potentials for the 13* weapon drops?

Someone can translate this pot? https://s13.postimg.org/44jr1nfhx/pso20161019_034755_008.jpgThis description says that the 'hidden ability' is not set. Man, I have no idea...

tsundere4you
Oct 19, 2016, 08:39 AM
It's a 12man TA that acts as a PS4 player catchup quest because Austere is still a bit too time consuming for them to obtain :)

Real explanation: They got everyone hyped about the Ultimate "aesthetic" and packaged a short to develop, no brains to play arks quest, with a 'decent' weapon dripfeed that isn't enough to upset major austere investors but gives some people enough reason to play it. While giving it a "pro" ranking factor to validate these new blocks, even though this quest is easy.

Wouldn't even surprise me if we get a ton of band-aid fixes in the coming weeks to make it a more "full" experience.

No matter how you try to spin it creating all these enemies and a new area isn't "short to develop".

Also the ranking factor has existed way before pro blocks. TD EQs are easy to clear with a C rank for the average player but S ranks and clearing fast enough to get more runs was what kept better players interested. Challenge mode was hard enough to clear but your average player could fail at the half way point and still get rewarded for their time. Running seasonal EQs efficiently for extra runs kept better players interested in doing those too.

The problem with this ult is Sega is still trying to cater to both groups of players by making content that is easy enough for these average players to complete and not feel like they've wasted their time. The only thing they can do to keep the better players interested if it's so easy to clear is add the ranking element where they get rewarded for their effort. This is neat for people who like to go fast and people who enjoy TAs but it's terrible for anyone who wants to have some challenge or risk of failure in their content.

They need to either make two versions of ultimate (easy mode and hard mode) or have the one version that is catered towards better players and excludes a large part of their playerbase. I'm not sure why they're so afraid of the latter option when other games manage to do it and still survive, it gives those lesser players something to work towards and try to better themselves.

SteveCZ
Oct 19, 2016, 08:39 AM
Lured with Expert block, lured with the quest's condition to be 75/75, and the hype goes on the UQ for these terms. Then BOOM! It's way below expectation. I guess SEGA still don't trust some of us to be good players and those who try to be.

I remember the times where people were so happy with mere stickers from that solo XQ title, so nice they put it in accomplishment thread, and how most people here were quite happy with the Profound Darkness buff. This UQ just doesn't give that same feeling.

Wishfully thinking, I hope they buff it along with better items. Meanwhile I'm just gonna get them eggs. *Sigh*

HentaiLolicon
Oct 19, 2016, 08:45 AM
6mins to ram through the quest *facepalms*

UnsentMadman
Oct 19, 2016, 08:49 AM
Y'know, I've always thought of many of the denizens here as maybe a bit too curmudgeonly for their own good, but after having spent a good couple of hours playing the new UQ, I can't help but agree with the general sentiment here.

I was expecting something more in-depth and challenging, but the normal mobs are completely uninteresting, and the bosses barely feel any different as compared to their normal counterparts.

I wasn't really all that interested in the Gix series either, once I learned that the damage bonus on them is conditional, but I did initially plan to get at least 3 sets of units. Kinda wondering about that now, as it seems that Saiki/Austere is still more than fine for everything.

Vatallus
Oct 19, 2016, 08:49 AM
So my fastest run so far. I feel like if they relaxed the requirements for S rank to 8 mins or less probably 80% of my runs would make it.

However, I demand an achievement for this one.

Ezodagrom
Oct 19, 2016, 08:51 AM
The problem is not enemy design, it's mission design - here, but almost everywhere in PSO2. Ultimate missions should be limited to four players, not twelve.
I feel that mpas/12 player content was the biggest mistake on pso2, I think only EQs and LQs/event quests should have been mpa content.

TehCubey
Oct 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
The ray units are rubbish but it seems there are other 12* units that drop from specific bosses. The wiki doesn't have a full list or details regarding unit sets yet, but hopefully these are better.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sega released the former as easy-to-get "welfare" units and the latter as the real prize you're supposed to farm for.

Hrith
Oct 19, 2016, 09:01 AM
I feel that mpas/12 player content was the biggest mistake on pso2, I think only EQs and LQs/event quests should have been mpa content.Agreed. I said back in 2012 that both MPAs and emergencies were terrible ideas that would kill the skill and teamwork aspects of the game.

I do wonder if people are finding Ultimate Caverns so easy precisely because of the selection achieved by expert blocks... I'll try to solo it once I've played it in a party a few times, and I'll see. Ultimate Complex is rather easy to solo at this point, so it's a good test.

About the Gix potential, what determines the factor that triggers the damage reset? The class you are playing or the weapon type?
If it's the weapon type, the boots are useless (don't dodge), and I wanted those boots :<

oratank
Oct 19, 2016, 09:03 AM
they should make this uq like in cm if less people mpa gain more time somebody try check this maybe they already done that.

elryan
Oct 19, 2016, 09:06 AM
So the new weapons' potential don't lose damage when using Automate and Resta?

Brilliant.

EDIT: I saw some comments in swiki but my JP is bad. Came here to double check with people.

NightfallG
Oct 19, 2016, 09:07 AM

Brilliant.

Is that confirmed?

PokeminMaster
Oct 19, 2016, 09:09 AM
Agreed. I said back in 2012 that both MPAs and emergencies were terrible ideas that would kill the skill and teamwork aspects of the game.

I do wonder if people are finding Ultimate Caverns so easy precisely because of the selection achieved by expert blocks... I'll try to solo it once I've played it in a party a few times, and I'll see. Ultimate Complex is rather easy to solo at this point, so it's a good test.

About the Gix potential, what determines the factor that triggers the damage reset? The class you are playing or the weapon type?
If it's the weapon type, the boots are useless (don't dodge), and I wanted those boots :<

Boots, Dual Blades, and Gunslashes use the Ranged "don't get hit" potential; it's by weapon

HentaiLolicon
Oct 19, 2016, 09:13 AM
Boots, Dual Blades, and Gunslashes use the Ranged "don't get hit" potential; it's by weapon

Seems good, right? (sega pls). That and you have infected tumors that shoot you at like 100% accuracy, god of spam PD,...ect.

Hrith
Oct 19, 2016, 09:14 AM
Thank you for that reply. Decent boots, then.

qoxolg
Oct 19, 2016, 09:15 AM
Average run outside of expert blocks is around 10 minutes or worse. On expert blocks usually below 7 minutes. RNG doesn't seem to affect the rank by much. Even with a bad combination of spawns I think you can still S rank it.

I agree, this mission shouldn't be a 12 man mission. Even better: NO mission should ever be a 12 man mission. Only thing I can hope for are Ultimate AQ's, but even then the whole system behind this game is fundamentally broken, from map generation to enemy behaviour, to skill trees and potentials. Lets hope Sega starts working on PSO3 soon.

I am wondering if the mirage escape condition also goes for Techer who uses Wand Lovers.. Would be hilarious. Well, Sega also sorta fucked up with their calculations for Form Wand, so I wouldn't be surprised. Anyone got any info on the other new 13* wand?

FantasyHeaven
Oct 19, 2016, 09:23 AM
So the new weapons' potential don't lose damage when using Automate?
This would be the biggest load of shit ever so it wouldn't surprise me.
Would just cement automate more as far and away the most braindead skill in the game.

Aveus
Oct 19, 2016, 09:24 AM
Gix wand also has the ranged "don't get hit" pot

Ziel
Oct 19, 2016, 09:50 AM

Brilliant.

EDIT: I saw some comments in swiki but my JP is bad. Came here to double check with people.

Well the XQ stages that say "dont heal" dont count automates so the restriction only works when user prompted and this mechanic is probably carried over to the item.

Bellion
Oct 19, 2016, 09:52 AM
Automate will reset the damage bonus.

Batty
Oct 19, 2016, 09:54 AM
the ray unit gives 13pp and 50 hp. might worth using if double sets with another 12* set that uses only leg and rear?

NightfallG
Oct 19, 2016, 10:07 AM

RIP Gix set 2016-2016

wefwq
Oct 19, 2016, 10:14 AM
I feel that mpas/12 player content was the biggest mistake on pso2, I think only EQs and LQs/event quests should have been mpa content.
Well, this is online game after all.

Batty
Oct 19, 2016, 10:23 AM
acording to the wiki there "is" a ray leg and rear, maybe is like austere where the set that gives the dmg comes from those 2

nguuuquaaa
Oct 19, 2016, 10:57 AM
the ray unit gives 13pp and 50 hp. might worth using if double sets with another 12* set that uses only leg and rear?
50 HP, 9 PP and 25 all atk

acording to the wiki there "is" a ray leg and rear, maybe is like austere where the set that gives the dmg comes from those 2
Leg and rear doesn't have Set Bonus.

Batty
Oct 19, 2016, 11:14 AM
hmm doesnt sound that bad? 150 hp, 27 pp, 75 atk and 60 dex with the wep/arm set, though some combos like austere/orbit seems to still achieve higher atk numbers, unless the unit also obtain the 20 atk stats on the skill ring you add them?

Ezodagrom
Oct 19, 2016, 11:22 AM
Well, this is online game after all.
So were PSO (4 players quests) and PSU (4~6 players quests)?

HeyItsTHK
Oct 19, 2016, 11:25 AM
So were PSO (4 players quests) and PSU (4~6 players quests)?

wefwq should have said "modern online game"

Zysets
Oct 19, 2016, 11:27 AM
Hm, I might stick to my current Units, because HP is really what I use them for, and I get more out of it with my current set up. If I happen to get 12* over time, I might switch over, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get them for now.

Plus I'd have to save up to affix them all.

Ezodagrom
Oct 19, 2016, 11:35 AM
wefwq should have said "modern online game"
Monster Hunter games have a party limit of 4 as far as I know.

I just don't see anything positive in 12 players quests in PSO2 outside of the mine base defense quests. In regular 12 player quests, there's just visual clutter everywhere and enemies being destroyed without a chance to fight back usually. Plus, once a mpa quest is abandoned, it's a pain to get people to run it, would have been alot easier to get a group of 4 people to run older content if quests were designed for 4 players than it is to run abandoned mpa quests.

Kiboune
Oct 19, 2016, 11:43 AM
if you think what 12 players party is too much and makes game too easy you can always play solo

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 11:44 AM

Did some testing with a Gix sword I picked up. Can confirm the damage bonus drops if Automate triggers. The bonus also takes some time to build up...

So really I guess Jet Boots are the only good one left? Unless JB shift action kills it

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 11:46 AM
if you think what 12 players party is too much and makes game too easy you can always play solo

As players we shouldn't have to do things like that though. It's up to SEGA to better balance the game, or offer such content made for smaller parties. Simply "gimping yourself" isn't really a fix for flawed gameplay.

Rayden
Oct 19, 2016, 11:46 AM
So what I'm getting from all this is that all the new 13 stars suck, the new 12 star units suck, and Ultimate Amduscia itself sucks.

Shinamori
Oct 19, 2016, 11:49 AM
Or more PSO-W whining. Though, personally, I like the new stuff.

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 11:52 AM
So what I'm getting from all this is that all the new 13 stars suck, the new 12 star units suck, and Ultimate Amduscia itself sucks.

12* units are not a massive upgrade is all, doesn't mean they're bad. The quest itself though however... after so long since Lillipa released this feels like a let down in all honesty. Gyx series... could have been better but they might in some cases suit some people.

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 11:52 AM
The quest is fun enough imo. The gear is pretty underwhelming.

EvilMag
Oct 19, 2016, 11:56 AM
I like the idea they had going with the quest. I'd honestly prefer it over running circles. The issue with this is that we're way too powerful. We really need a new difficulty if they're serious about making "difficult" content and Ult Amdusica kinda proves it.

Xaelouse
Oct 19, 2016, 11:56 AM
well, more like the bosses are cool but everything else is bad

PokeminMaster
Oct 19, 2016, 11:57 AM
Does anyone happen to have or know about the bonus stats (maybe even the set bonus?) of the Grunras Unit

Ezodagrom
Oct 19, 2016, 11:59 AM
Well, it's not exactly 12 players quests that I dislike, it's 12 player quests that would have been better if they were designed as 4 player quests.
Though the way pso2 is at the moment, feels like the only quests truly designed for 12 players are the mining base quests. Every other type of quest could have worked better if they were designed for 4 players I think.

Ah well, I mostly play other games nowadays anyway, but can't help wondering about what pso2 could have been, since I like the core gameplay/battle system.

Tunga
Oct 19, 2016, 12:04 PM
Why do i have the feeling this weapon series was made to compliment the teleporter waiting...

Sonichi
Oct 19, 2016, 12:06 PM
Why do i have the feeling this weapon series was made to compliment the teleporter waiting...

It's SEGA, you're probably right on point with that. ;-)

Zanverse
Oct 19, 2016, 12:42 PM
Why can't you just play with a 4-person party only, if you find a 12-person MPA too easy? There's an option to lock MPAs for a reason. You can run Ultimate Amduscia with 12 people, that's the general idea because it makes collection files less of a hassle, that's the main thing. But if you want to challenge yourself, YOU make the effort to put up the challenge. YOU go through Ult Amd with a 4-person party. SEGA is not always going to cater to one specific group, it's up to you to sometimes make your own challenge in a game like this. It's not that SEGA is being lazy or dumbing down things for casuals, there's a 98% chance that maybe, just maybe those who are complaining are just way too powerful for this, compared to the average player.

Z-0
Oct 19, 2016, 12:48 PM
The game's drop rates and grinding time is designed around running with 12 players, running with 4 players and taking on the challenge doesn't reward you with anything, so...

Not really a valid argument.

Great Pan
Oct 19, 2016, 01:02 PM
So, back to Riding Quest? ULT Amduskia is quite meh, though.

Keilyn
Oct 19, 2016, 01:19 PM
I actually like this map a lot...
Definitely my fav. of the Ult. maps so far.
Straight to the point, and since spawns are predetermined...
It can be time-attacked.

Batty
Oct 19, 2016, 01:20 PM
does grinding the L skill ring into a 12* unit also gives the unit the extra stats (the 20 stats from a +20 ring) into a unit or only the skill?

MightyHarken
Oct 19, 2016, 01:30 PM
I was hoping this UQ would have been something like nab UQ at the beginning, challenging and exciting. I was hoping this new UQ was a combination of PSO's map designs with PSO2's combat but it turned out to be a time attack.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 19, 2016, 01:32 PM
currently busy and will update the original post with info when im home

got to play a bit though, really fun so far, though its a bit short. overall i would say about 7/10

DatFox
Oct 19, 2016, 02:43 PM
I was hoping this UQ would have been something like nab UQ at the beginning, challenging and exciting. I was hoping this new UQ was a combination of PSO's map designs with PSO2's combat but it turned out to be a time attack.

I was thinking the same thing. I wish the map were more natural and less... well, time attack-y. All we need is Klotho to make it official. The zone looks neat and the new enemies look alright. They all melt just the same though.

Also, what are the potentials for these new 13*s anyway? Is it worth farming this? I've got a Ray Katana and Wand, Huge Cutter, Daggers of Serafi, whatever that double saber from them was, etc.

elryan
Oct 19, 2016, 03:00 PM
Ray Rear:
HP+50
PP+9
ATK+25
Resist+2%

Dragon's Arm
HP+150
S-ATK+40
S-Resist+3%
R-Resist+2%
T-Resist+1%

Ray Leg:
HP+50
PP+9
ATK+25
Resist+2%

Total:
HP+250
PP+18
ATK+90
S-Resist+7%
R-Resist+6%
T-Resist+5%

For S-ATK build, it performs above Saiki but below Austere, yet you can put 3 skill rings on the slots. (Air Reversal, Step Jump and another one)

Great stuffs. I'm getting these then.

Xaeris
Oct 19, 2016, 03:01 PM
12* arm units are cancer. That is all.

Tymek
Oct 19, 2016, 03:16 PM
Can 12* units have regular Unit Skills on top of the Skill Ring Skill?

Anduril
Oct 19, 2016, 03:19 PM
Can 12* units have regular Unit Skills on top of the Skill Ring Skill?

You mean like normal affixes? Yeah, they can be affixed.

Tymek
Oct 19, 2016, 03:47 PM
You mean like normal affixes? Yeah, they can be affixed.

Interesting! Good to know! Thank you for this information.
How do you get them again? The 12* Units, that is.

Anduril
Oct 19, 2016, 03:48 PM
Interesting! Good to know! Thank you for this information.
How do you get them again? The 12* Units, that is.

They are drops in the UQ.

Xaeris
There's one available as a title reward for doing Ult Amd. For more, do Ult Amd and pray.

Batty
Do they innerit the stats you selected while grinding the ring or only the skill?

Tymek
Oct 19, 2016, 03:50 PM
There's one available as a title reward for doing Ult Amd. For more, do Ult Amd and pray.

What are the requirements?

Anduril
Oct 19, 2016, 03:52 PM
Do they innerit the stats you selected while grinding the ring or only the skill?

Only the skill, and at the level that the ring was, so it would be a bad idea to affix a level 1 ring to the unit (unless it is one of the rings that requires Lambda Grinders to buy, since those have full effect even at lv1).

TehCubey
Oct 19, 2016, 03:55 PM
Total:
HP+250
PP+18
ATK+90
S-Resist+7%
R-Resist+6%
T-Resist+5%

For S-ATK build, it performs above Saiki but below Austere

If you craft Saiki, you can have +300 HP, +25 PP and +60 atk, as well as +12% s-resist, with possibility of exchanging 100 HP and 4% resist for 10 PP and 4% r-resist up to three times. I'd say that is better and far more versatile (craft as much PP as opposed to HP as you're comfortable with), all you lose is 30 atk. Is there something I am missing?

Xaeris
Oct 19, 2016, 03:58 PM
What are the requirements?

S rank it once.

Goukezitsu
Oct 19, 2016, 04:00 PM
So some stuff about gicks.

The well known thing is that at lv 3 it's 20% damage on a condition.

First off there's apparently 3 conditions that the weapons have to keep the damage. Using a mate item, Using an evasion action, or getting hit. I have gick wl which is using a mate item latent (the partisan also uses the mate item latent) so i'll talk more about that.

Gicks wl stays if you use resta or any spell like that. Automate does reset it. Star atomizers do not reset it. Using regular mates reset it.
Edit: Swapping weapons resets it too. I forgot to mention that.

The big take away is this. At none of the levels does it start or reset back to 0%. At lv 1 it starts/resets back to 6% and at lv 3 it starts/resets back to 8%. I am assuming lv 2 is 7% so it should be just like ares worked based upon what I got to test. At worst if I made any math errors it just stays 6% and doesn't goto 8% at lv 3 but I'm pretty confident it works that way.

What this means is, even if you do fail the condition, the weapon at worst is the same as austere and within like 12 seconds its already a few % stronger. So there is really no detriment to using these at all. At worst its an austere and at best its 11% stronger (give or take depending upon weapon type). At any level it seems to take around 70 seconds for a full charge (used a stop watch and crit measurements) and its incremental so it goes up steadily every second.

The sheets go quick too. I got 2 full sets done today.

In terms of runs i think our 3rd or 4th run was like this playing casually:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/JgSYZSi.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

As a team we pretty much S ranked the whole time. Its 7 mins and below. Big time waster (other than lag) can be the dragonkin archers so split up instead of ganging up on 1. If you see someone fighting one, go to another one that isn't being fought. Also, a lot of people tend to leave the area too early before all the enemies are cleared. The trial ending does not always open the gate. The enemies have to all be cleared so that wastes time too.

Box whatever the fuck that things name is (tranmizer) has a spine on it's back that you can break to make it fall over for a sec. Dragos go breakable parts that slows em down a bit, Other dragons got that too. All those help.

Overall its fun to consistently go for S rank, but other than that it's not really hard or anything. The drops feel nice. Buncha people got 13*s today in the team. A decent amount of units as well. Sheets are the real winners here.

reaper527
Oct 19, 2016, 04:19 PM
Gicks wl stays if you use resta or any spell like that. Automate does reset it. Star atomizers do not reset it. Using regular mates reset it.

wait, really? when i read about how healing reset the damage bonus, i immediately thought the potential was trash because i would get caught in other people in the mp using resta and resetting my potential. it's really ok to use resta or be resta'ed?

EvilMag
Oct 19, 2016, 04:22 PM
so at worse its pretty like mini-austere?

Maybe these weapons are worth it. I was questioning what % would it start earlier.

Goukezitsu
Oct 19, 2016, 04:44 PM
wait, really? when i read about how healing reset the damage bonus, i immediately thought the potential was trash because i would get caught in other people in the mp using resta and resetting my potential. it's really ok to use resta or be resta'ed?

Yes this is correct. Resta wether it's used by someone else or by you does not affect the mate item latent. People who have reported this are incorrect and might be confused due to there being 3 latent types.

so at worse its pretty like mini-austere?

Maybe these weapons are worth it. I was questioning what % would it start earlier.

And yes, not just a mini austere but the exact same damage by .04% less to .01% more depending upon the weapon type. (If my 8% was correct. If it's 6% then 2% less than austere at worst but still 11% at best)

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 04:48 PM
Disregard, I can't read. Thanks for the info

If what you say is accurate, then I feel like I badly misjudged them.

Anyone know if Jet Boots shift action trigger the penalty? If it doesn't, could any Jet Boots mains weigh in on wether or not they could live with never having to use Step?

PokeminMaster
Oct 19, 2016, 05:42 PM
Disregard, I can't read. Thanks for the info

If what you say is accurate, then I feel like I badly misjudged them.

Anyone know if Jet Boots shift action trigger the penalty? If it doesn't, could any Jet Boots mains weigh in on wether or not they could live with never having to use Step?

Jet Boot use the "don't get hit" pot

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 05:43 PM
I guess thats appropriate. Figured it'd use the teching potential but good to know thank you.

Loveless62
Oct 19, 2016, 05:45 PM
I can see the damage reset from weapon swapping being a pain point for Gyx for those who use Orbit weapons to regenerate PP, especially if/when dat Orbit GS comes out. Other than that, though, I will definitely be interested in these weapons.

For most melee weapons, it resets when drinking or automating, but players can see it as incentive to adjust their gameplay and avoid needing to heal, rather than just ignoring most incoming damage. Or they can try to pick up resta/megiverse heals more from casters, lol.

The other latents seem more severe, but ranged classes can often get away with hanging back to avoid damage (depends on the situation/boss EQ of course, lol). If the wand has the "avoid damage" latent, then it seems like an exception: avoiding damage seems to be unrealistic if you rely on wand smacking for damage. Of course, wand smacking is not the only way to play techer, I understand.

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 05:53 PM
I'm beginning to think they may be teamwork oriented... like for most melee they benefit from having a healer around to keep them alive so they can stay at max power (as they won't be chuggin mates). Ranged and tech may have to depend on the melee train having the hate? Kinda a stretch on that one.

Just a thought, I doubt this is the case particularly due to the weapon swap issue.

Imca
Oct 19, 2016, 06:27 PM
Iespecially if/when dat Orbit GS comes out.

Orbit GS?

Batty
Oct 19, 2016, 06:27 PM
so we allready know the potential on the gix weapons, but whats the potential on the other 13*s? the ones that are modeled after ult amduscia bosses and are not part of the collection sheet? not even their atk is shown on swiki

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2016, 06:30 PM
Boost damage by 6%, reduce incoming damage by 15/??/20% and immunity to knockbacks.

Batty
Oct 19, 2016, 06:34 PM
Boost damage by 6%, reduce incoming damage by 15/??/20% and immunity to knockbacks.

all of them? o.o, what about their atk? 20% damage reduction and inmunity to knockbacks seems like quite a powerfull tool for techers if the atk is decent

Serinah
Oct 19, 2016, 07:29 PM
all of them? o.o, what about their atk? 20% damage reduction and inmunity to knockbacks seems like quite a powerfull tool for techers if the atk is decent

If that one comment on swiki is correct: Above Austere at +35, but still below Gixx

Imca
Oct 19, 2016, 08:22 PM
About filled out my entire Jinga sheet, except for Drago Deadleon.....

Of which not a single one has spawned, is this just bad RNG or is there something else going on?

Kondibon
Oct 19, 2016, 08:41 PM
About filled out my entire Jinga sheet, except for Drago Deadleon.....

Of which not a single one has spawned, is this just bad RNG or is there something else going on?
Wow, sounds like really bad RNG. I got both of the big dragon bosses at around the same speed. Anga is the one taking the longest for me.

D-Inferno
Oct 19, 2016, 08:48 PM
I think I'll just wait for [Mother] weapons... too lazy to spam this quest

Batty
Oct 19, 2016, 09:00 PM
Wow, sounds like really bad RNG. I got both of the big dragon bosses at around the same speed. Anga is the one taking the longest for me.

anga? thats odd, i been getting him as last boss in the UQ always that i though he was the set final boss of the quest, the one that seems to rotate for me is the one that comes before anga wich is either ultimate quartz or ultimate X

Anduril
Oct 19, 2016, 09:04 PM
anga? thats odd, i been getting him as last boss in the UQ always that i though he was the set final boss of the quest, the one that seems to rotate for me is the one that comes before anga wich is either ultimate quartz or ultimate X
I think Kondi just means Anga has a low fill rate, which I assume is because of the fact that it always spawns. The Boxer also has a lower fill rate than the other two dragons, which again I assume is because it always spawns, though its fill rate is higher than Anga.

Kondibon
Oct 19, 2016, 09:10 PM
The Boxer also has a lower fill rate than the other two dragons, which again I assume is because it always spawns, though its fill rate is higher than Anga.Really? That was the first one to fill for me despite it only showing up once per run like anga. I've had the other bosses spawn in the room that normally spawns the huge group of archers.

Anduril
Oct 19, 2016, 09:16 PM
Really? That was the first one to fill for me despite it only showing up once per run like anga. I've had the other bosses spawn in the room that normally spawns the huge group of archers.

I may be misremembering since I was playing pretty early in the morning, but I'm pretty sure. I ran with 30% Daily Triboost, 250% RDR, 50% Triboost, 9% Team Boost, and Premium Drink, and if I recall correctly, the Boxer was filling at like 3 or 4% less than the other two, but since it always spawned, it just steadily increased. In fact, if I remember correctly, my first run had all 3 dragons spawn, and at the end the Boxer was slightly lower than the other two, which had the exact same percentage. Again, this is coming from my memories of like 5AM.

Ahri
Oct 19, 2016, 09:29 PM
I may be misremembering since I was playing pretty early in the morning, but I'm pretty sure. I ran with 30% Daily Triboost, 250% RDR, 50% Triboost, 9% Team Boost, and Premium Drink, and if I recall correctly, the Boxer was filling at like 3 or 4% less than the other two, but since it always spawned, it just steadily increased. In fact, if I remember correctly, my first run had all 3 dragons spawn, and at the end the Boxer was slightly lower than the other two, which had the exact same percentage. Again, this is coming from my memories of like 5AM.

To better RDR, you must not kill the mob or the turrets in the battle against Anga.

Keilyn
Oct 19, 2016, 09:39 PM
I find the top-left of each sheet to be the slowest. I get between 5.4 - 5.9% each run per sheet. All the other ones fill up a lot faster for me to the point that top-left box is the last one left for me. I managed to finish three sheets at the same time because it was that last box that I was trying to fill. Takes me roughly 18 runs to fill it up and then another run to get a weapon....

Kondibon
Oct 19, 2016, 09:43 PM
I may be misremembering since I was playing pretty early in the morning, but I'm pretty sure. I ran with 30% Daily Triboost, 250% RDR, 50% Triboost, 9% Team Boost, and Premium Drink, and if I recall correctly, the Boxer was filling at like 3 or 4% less than the other two, but since it always spawned, it just steadily increased. In fact, if I remember correctly, my first run had all 3 dragons spawn, and at the end the Boxer was slightly lower than the other two, which had the exact same percentage. Again, this is coming from my memories of like 5AM.I could be wrong. It was the only one I had rare spawns of though. Maybe the rare versions are worth more and that bumped it up? I basically got the other two in the next two runs.

To better RDR, you must not kill the mob or the turrets in the battle against Anga.
That's a thing? Not killing the turrets I can understand, but the mobs? That's practically impossible. Unless you mean for saving time.

tommyahugo
Oct 19, 2016, 10:14 PM
I just read the patch note in bumped and there is something confuse me (which I type it in bold below):

"Anga Fundarge’s growth system has been reset due to the release of its new form. Since the enemy will spawn in its initial state, the following situations will occur for a limited time.
- The enemy will spawn with reduced stats.
- The enemy will give players less chances to roll for a drop based on its destroyed parts.
The above situations are only temporary. Anga will eventually return back to its regular state as the days go by."

So "the enemy" here mean anga only or all enemy? If it all enemy mean Ult Amaduscia will be come harder in the future right?

Edit: Sorry English is not my native language so this might be a stupid question, but please let me know the answer.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 19, 2016, 10:15 PM
gonna edit the original post a bit right now to reflect the gear, insight on the quest etc will update more tomorrow as i get time since was just too busy for me. pots seem a little iffy so i'll try to explain it well enough for people

Kondibon
Oct 19, 2016, 10:15 PM
I just read the patch note in bumped and there is something confuse me (which I type it in bold below):

"Anga Fundarge’s growth system has been reset due to the release of its new form. Since the enemy will spawn in its initial state, the following situations will occur for a limited time.
- The enemy will spawn with reduced stats.
- The enemy will give players less chances to roll for a drop based on its destroyed parts.
The above situations are only temporary. Anga will eventually return back to its regular state as the days go by."

So "the enemy" here mean anga only or all enemy? If it all enemy mean Ult Amaduscia will be come harder in the future right?Pretty sure they're just talking about Anga.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 19, 2016, 10:23 PM
....After running it a few times....

I'm so disappointed right now. ._.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 19, 2016, 10:45 PM
if you guys got anymore info on the pots (feel like i missed posts in this thread idk) please let me know so i can edit the original post for this, just need clarification on things so people dont get confused etc, day 1 of UQ and all so best to get things clear as possible, thanks

I dont have really anything on boss drops like Dubles Knuckles (something about knockback idk i assume reduced?) so that would be great too

kmystic
Oct 19, 2016, 10:52 PM
does the potential reset if u swap to a different Gix weapon? example from double saber to knuckles?

ArcaneTechs
Oct 19, 2016, 10:53 PM
does the potential reset if u swap to a different Gix weapon? example from double saber to knuckles?

not sure, i just know it resets if you switch to a completely diff wep, defnitely would like to know this too

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 19, 2016, 11:00 PM
I ran Ult Amd 5 times yesterday and I was vastly disappointed; will not run again; Ult Nab and Ult Lili was more fun. The hype was bogus. And just when you think a quest couldn't be more brain-dead.

There's no real reason to running it and I will be sticking to my Austere/Orbit Weapons and Austere (Orbit Leg) Unit sets.

Will be waiting for the next episode; keeping fingers crossed.

Dephinix
Oct 20, 2016, 12:20 AM
I ran it five times with my girlfriend, she didn't have boosters, but I did. I'm at 20%, 41%, and 27%, while she's roaming around 5-10%. Would 300% rdr boost honestly affect it that much, or is there something else going on?

oratank
Oct 20, 2016, 12:35 AM
- The enemy will give players less chances to roll for a drop based on its destroyed parts

what on earth is that? is this true? really?

milranduil
Oct 20, 2016, 12:49 AM
- The enemy will give players less chances to roll for a drop based on its destroyed parts

what on earth is that? is this true? really?

i think it just means less stuff is added to the drop pool based on broken parts. shouldn't affect anything worthwhile whatsoever (aka 13*s)

oratank
Oct 20, 2016, 12:57 AM
but broken part are unit the thing we hunting for

Anduril
Oct 20, 2016, 01:00 AM
I could be wrong. It was the only one I had rare spawns of though. Maybe the rare versions are worth more and that bumped it up? I basically got the other two in the next two runs.
Sorry to pull this back up. Just grabbed a fresh sheet and ran once with 30%Daily Tri, 250%RDR, 50% Tri, and Premium drink. Got two Drago's on the run, no rare variants; Boxer definitely gives less than Drago (and Leon):
http://i.imgur.com/gvljxYM.png
Boxer: 7.92% per
Drago: ~17.37% per

Dammy
Oct 20, 2016, 01:04 AM
250+100
getting full CF from zero took me exactly 3 hours

milranduil
Oct 20, 2016, 01:39 AM
but broken part are unit the thing we hunting for

well they seem to be "common" so i don't think it matters.

Flaoc
Oct 20, 2016, 01:52 AM
well they seem to be "common" so i don't think it matters.

this right here and to add onto that the only one that may or may not be worth is the ray leg.. gix arm would be great if there was a top tier unit set that worked with it correctly.. i guess u can use it in the place of ray arm as well

Vatallus
Oct 20, 2016, 04:36 AM
Two 12* units in one run.

Rare ult ex spawned.

Tunga
Oct 20, 2016, 06:20 AM
What's wrong with the ray arm?

Shadowstarkirby
Oct 20, 2016, 07:10 AM
We waited over a year for this? A glorified 12 man TA quest, good grief, I'm speechless.

Just wipe the slate clean with EP 5.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 20, 2016, 07:18 AM
I want Ep5 asap, with Sugunuma back in charge. Sure EP4 fixed and added a lot of things, but it was too much in turned bland and brainless it's sickening. I'm starting to not feel hyped on the next new mpa super boss.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 20, 2016, 08:30 AM
I want Ep5 asap, with Sugunuma back in charge. Sure EP4 fixed and added a lot of things, but it was too much in turned bland and brainless it's sickening. I'm starting to not feel hyped on the next new mpa super boss.

Is that Ep3 guy?

AsinineWaffle
Oct 20, 2016, 08:40 AM
I really appreciate that this quest uses pre-determined spawns. I also like its music and how it looks. That's pretty much the only good I can say about it.

The mobs are as uninteresting as ever, then you have the dragon bosses which aren't really aggressive and they hardly differ from the moveset of the normal versions. It's also bothersome that rank is determined by time since you don't always get the same set of spawns every run. That said, I like it more than Ultimate Naberius and Lilipa but Ultimate as a whole is a disappointing quest type to me and this has changed nothing.

Raujinn
Oct 20, 2016, 09:04 AM
Datas in on Swiki. Taken from my blog:

Damage bonus resets to base if a mate item is used. This includes through Automate skills:
Sword
Wired Lance
Partizan
Twin Daggers
Double Saber
Knuckles
Katana

Gunslash
Dual Blades
Assault Rifle
Launcher
Twin Machinegun
Bullet Bow
Wand
Jetboots

Damage bonus resets to base if you use any evade actions. :
Rod
Talis

Xaeris
Oct 20, 2016, 09:08 AM
Nice list, thank you. Glad to see TMG in the High Time category. That latent's basically "just do what you always do."

ArcaneTechs
Oct 20, 2016, 11:15 AM
Datas in on Swiki. Taken from my blog:

Sword
Wired Lance
Partizan
Twin Daggers
Double Saber
Knuckles
Katana

Gunslash
Dual Blades
Assault Rifle
Launcher
Twin Machinegun
Bullet Bow
Wand
Jetboots

Damage bonus resets to base if you use any evade actions. :
Rod
Talis

will update the original post to reflect this info now that more clarification has happened since some weapons i listed off need to be swapped around, tyvm!!

roughly 2-3hrs of play will fill out sheet for me, i seem to get more 12* units than well 13*s. Only seen rare Boxe Dubles, im curious if rare Deadlion and Gruzo are beyond stupid rare to see.

also Angas tornados and lasers are not a fun combo, tornados loop the same path twice but if ur not paying attention then welp combo'd

Loveless62
Oct 20, 2016, 11:45 AM
Orbit GS?
See this thread for more information: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?236616-10-18-16-Large-Icons-Orbit-rod-Sighted!

Zysets
Oct 20, 2016, 12:35 PM
Honestly I was hoping the format would be more like the other Ult quests, randomly generated map where you go around fighting things until completion. I'd okay with the teleporter at the start as of now, but having it be nearly exactly the same every run isn't great.

Regardless, I do think it's fun, the atmosphere and designs are all pretty cool.

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 02:58 PM
The gix launcher is probably the best gix weapon available, distance nuking ftw.

Flaoc
Oct 20, 2016, 04:11 PM
Honestly I was hoping the format would be more like the other Ult quests, randomly generated map where you go around fighting things until completion. I'd okay with the teleporter at the start as of now, but having it be nearly exactly the same every run isn't great.

Regardless, I do think it's fun, the atmosphere and designs are all pretty cool.

i get the feeling you wouldnt like pso1 quests which were 100% the same everytime except the free explores but even those were only random in which of the x amount of maps it can pick from.. same spawn counts everytime

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 04:30 PM
i get the feeling you wouldnt like pso1 quests which were 100% the same everytime except the free explores but even those were only random in which of the x amount of maps it can pick from.. same spawn counts everytime

There's a HUGH MONGOUS difference between amduscia UQ and pso1 quests. Yes, pso1 quests were always the same, however, it always felt fresh for several reasons but that's not the point right now, UQ features a quick quest that you need to complete asap to get S rank, it doesn't let you enjoy the enviroment, it doesn't let you enjoy the music, you're just thinking about killing everything fast for the S rank. What they needed to do was a HARD quest with godlike enemies so difficult to kill that just winning the UQ would feel as a reward.

Batty
Oct 20, 2016, 04:41 PM
is there a spesific block speedruners gather to finish quickly? not even on expert blocks (usually 13 or 14) my party has been able to finish it below the 10m mark

Zysets
Oct 20, 2016, 05:07 PM

Funny enough, I got into Phantasy Star with PSOv2 on Dreamcast, and I ADORE everything about it, it's just that the PSO was more calm, and you didn't have 12 people rushing to do everything in the same 3-4 rooms of the area. If I could take my time in Ult Amduscia, without losing out on playing with other people, I wouldn't be complaining.

I love the design and the music, just a shame you can't actually enjoy it due to the nature of the game.

kurokyosuke
Oct 20, 2016, 05:15 PM
is there a spesific block speedruners gather to finish quickly? not even on expert blocks (usually 13 or 14) my party has been able to finish it below the 10m mark

You mean people STILL haven't noticed that the expert blocks start at 20?

silo1991
Oct 20, 2016, 06:27 PM
start at 20 you mean at 14 :P

KuroKanden
Oct 20, 2016, 06:36 PM
My question being, does the potential on the Gix series reset to 7% upon a palette/weapon swap ?

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 20, 2016, 07:27 PM
There's a HUGH MONGOUS difference between amduscia UQ and pso1 quests. Yes, pso1 quests were always the same, however, it always felt fresh for several reasons but that's not the point right now, UQ features a quick quest that you need to complete asap to get S rank, it doesn't let you enjoy the enviroment, it doesn't let you enjoy the music, you're just thinking about killing everything fast for the S rank. What they needed to do was a HARD quest with godlike enemies so difficult to kill that just winning the UQ would feel as a reward.

Oh look Harken bitching and moaning even when Sega makes a UQ similar to a PSO1 quest. You do know people use to time attack quest in PSO1 all the time right?

Xaelouse
Oct 20, 2016, 07:56 PM
The quest would benefit from the map changing every day like Riding Quest at the very least.

Anyway, the essence of PSO2 is the randomness of the encounters to help give you a different adventure each time. Something to keep you constantly adapting.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 20, 2016, 08:53 PM
My question being, does the potential on the Gix series reset to 7% upon a palette/weapon swap ?
when you swap to another weapon it will reset the damage, i wanna say if you swap to a Gix weapon it will work the same but idk i doubt it

updated the original post

Zysets
Oct 20, 2016, 09:00 PM
start at 20 you mean at 14 :P

I believe they changed the order again last maintenance.

echofaith
Oct 20, 2016, 09:09 PM
The spawn rate on this quest feel not so random. Yesterday I got around 5 grosoras in all my 18 runs, and only finished its file cause crystal dropped me the weapon(never filled the bar). Instead, I was getting tons of Ex dragons.

Now today, is opposite. I filled the grosoras before anything else, and currently the Ex dragon % is way below the anga %. And the rooms we get today seems to be the same most of the time, filled with the archer sadinians things that are all far from each other. Hell, most runs we get only 2 dragons total. Seems it is based on something(maybe cubes broken or something)

Keilyn
Oct 20, 2016, 09:51 PM
Its amazing how well the UQ works for the support builds I run there...
I usually manage to get 2 - 4 Photon Blasts every 5 - 8 min run in there. :)

NightfallG
Oct 20, 2016, 10:09 PM
Didn't PSO1 have some slight randomization, kinda like Diablo?

IchijinKali
Oct 20, 2016, 10:19 PM
Didn't PSO1 have some slight randomization, kinda like Diablo?

When it came to the story quest where you started at and the location of the next teleporter wasn't set. But during Hunter's Guild quests where you started and where the next teleporter was at is always the same. That also goes for the map of the area it is always the same. So no not really like Diablo at all.

NightfallG
Oct 20, 2016, 10:29 PM
I guess AMUQ could be considered like the Hunter's Guild stuff then, yeah.

Flaoc
Oct 20, 2016, 11:24 PM
I guess AMUQ could be considered like the Hunter's Guild stuff then, yeah.

i personally like this as you can optimize a quest rather than completely random.. more fun that way

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 11:43 PM
When it came to the story quest where you started at and the location of the next teleporter wasn't set. But during Hunter's Guild quests where you started and where the next teleporter was at is always the same. That also goes for the map of the area it is always the same. So no not really like Diablo at all.

There's a BIG difference in PSO's side story quests and pso2's raid quests.

qoxolg
Oct 21, 2016, 01:00 AM
I agree, there is quite a bit of difference between PSO1 and PSO2 in that regard. I noticed it when I popped PSOver2 in my Dreamcast again. Because it was a new Dreamcast I had to start a new character. Of course I picked melee FOne as my class. The first 15 minutes were harsh because movement and graphics feel icky when you come of PSO2, but after that initial period, my god! PSO1 really did a lot of things so much more right then PSO2 is doing now.

Combat is a lot more entertaining even though all we have is just normal attacks. There is a lot more depth in combo timing, manual dodging and herding enemies. Even on normal enemies actually attack you (yes! It's almost unthinkable!). You could easily die during you first stroll trough forest.

your first time trough each area takes almost an hour if you are still weak, and you know, it's actually fun and doesn't feel like wasting time. What PSO1 did right was that the area's were paced, they felt large enough and because they were set maps with 3 possible routes, you had point of recognition. Everyone remembers the dome area of forest or the big room in the caves 1, the Sinow room in mines and the big room in Ruins 2. The whole random/grid map thing is probably by far the worst thing about PSO2. It pretty much makes every new piece of content boring before it is launched.

MightyHarken
Oct 21, 2016, 01:07 AM
I agree, there is quite a bit of difference between PSO1 and PSO2 in that regard. I noticed it when I popped PSOver2 in my Dreamcast again. Because it was a new Dreamcast I had to start a new character. Of course I picked melee FOne as my class. The first 15 minutes were harsh because movement and graphics feel icky when you come of PSO2, but after that initial period, my god! PSO1 really did a lot of things so much more right then PSO2 is doing now.

Combat is a lot more entertaining even though all we have is just normal attacks. There is a lot more depth in combo timing, manual dodging and herding enemies. Even on normal enemies actually attack you (yes! It's almost unthinkable!). You could easily die during you first stroll trough forest.

your first time trough each area takes almost an hour if you are still weak, and you know, it's actually fun and doesn't feel like wasting time. What PSO1 did right was that the area's were paced, they felt large enough and because they were set maps with 3 possible routes, you had point of recognition. Everyone remembers the dome area of forest or the big room in the caves 1, the Sinow room in mines and the big room in Ruins 2. The whole random/grid map thing is probably by far the worst thing about PSO2. It pretty much makes every new piece of content boring before it is launched.

All of this. In PSO I felt like I was surviving and in PSO2 I feel like the enemies are trying to survive

isCasted
Oct 21, 2016, 01:39 AM
As much as I wanted to get into PSO1, I never could. Slow movement and turning (especially turning) speed, massive enemy collision boxes that completely halt your character (combined with slow turning it's absolutely painful), techniques targetting wrong things, bugs that persisted from PSOv1 and never got fixed even in BB (including Vol Opt phase1 spam thing), gate exploits, random-ass drop system, broken damage (VH Dark Falz dealing less damage than H Dark Falz, H being able to one-shoot FOnewearls with an attack that can't be dodged at all? Who the fuck thought it was a good idea?), not to mention a few places that get stupidly repetitive as you fight same spawns in the same mission wave after wave (the seaside area in EP2, in particular), weak social capabilities and lots...

PSO1 is not a pinnacle of game design. Sure, it does a few things better than PSO2 (threatening enemies, smaller groups, some parts of progression system - sure, better environment detail in some places), but it's still riddled with things that are fundamentally unacceptable in our age.

Hysteria1987
Oct 21, 2016, 03:45 AM
PSO1 really did a lot of things so much more right then PSO2 is doing now.One of my favourite things from the old PSO that rarely gets mentioned was the autoword system - I could use an autoword phrase, and for every user on the other end of the line, it would appear in whatever language they had the game set to. I ended up playing with ze Germans a lot, and it wasn't awkward or weird at all thanks to that. I know PSO2's strictly aimed at Japan and thus they wouldn't have a need of this sort of thing, but it's definitely one of the things I miss.

Didn't PSO1 have some slight randomization, kinda like Diablo?I've not played Diablo, but each map, whether free field or quest, was always 100% set. The variance came in which of the maps you actually got, when it came to the free fields - your party got allocated one out of a number of pre-set variants. Which pool your map got drawn from depended on the section ID of the party leader. Beyond the different drop pool, that was another reason to buddy up with people - different map populations.

Then there's PSO's challenge mode, which is pretty much opposite PSO2's challenge mode in that all the enemies barring the bosses (possibly even the spawn points) were randomized. That goes for Ep1, but Ep2 challenge mode wasn't randomized, so a lot of the players of the time didn't really see it as a 'real' challenge mode.

...I know way too much about this game. I'd kill at trivia night.

PSO1 is not a pinnacle of game design.It's been my favourite game since the Gamecube release back in the early 2000s, and probably always will be, but you raise some valid points :P I'd completely forgotten about the endless waves of four Gees you had to go through over and over to get to the Gi-Gue, so thanks for un-repressing that memory. And I have memories of drawing a comic about a decade ago joking about how boxes of all things tended to end up higher on the target priority list than the enemies walking towards you.

Zephyrion
Oct 21, 2016, 03:47 AM
For having played and loved PSO1, I can still say it had similar issues to PSO2, as in once you reached endgame, you didn't have much content that really posed a challenge to 4 man parties. It's just that the grind was SO MUCH longer to get to that point that plowing through previously difficult Ultimate areas was a hard, hard-earned reward.

PSO2 features the same thing except endgame can be reached must faster. In PSO1 you also had to go solo in the hardest areas of the game to be really threatened, and it's the exact same here. For having run a solo Amduscia UQ, no the enemies are not tame and you're clearly the one that has to survive (and god knows I failed at that), andI still consider it easier than Lilipa in some respect. It's really only just the fact that Normal mode Hard and Very hard for PSO2 are kind of outdated because of that notable power creep that didn't exist in PSO1 that one might get the feel that lower modes are too easy. just go with old units and your trusty vita weapon and you'll notice the difficulty ramping up suddenly xD

Vatallus
Oct 21, 2016, 03:53 AM
Dear Rangers, you really aren't doing us any favors by sticking WB on Anga's butt. Thanks.

Atmius
Oct 21, 2016, 04:12 AM
Dear Rangers, you really aren't doing us any favors by sticking WB on Anga's butt. Thanks.
Where would you like it? body locked position? face?

Hysteria1987
Oct 21, 2016, 04:19 AM
Dear Rangers, you really aren't doing us any favors by sticking WB on Anga's butt. Thanks.Where would you like it? body locked position? face?And while we're at it, are you a melee player of some sort? I can imagine hitting targets on a lot of enemies in the game would really suck as a hunter or fighter or something (I really only play castey classes so I dunno if they have any 'tricks'). Something as jumpy and a target as high as Anga's ass would be one of them...

SteveCZ
Oct 21, 2016, 04:22 AM
And while we're at it, are you a melee player of some sort? I can imagine hitting targets on a lot of enemies in the game would really suck as a hunter or fighter or something (I really only play castey classes so I dunno if they have any 'tricks'). Something as jumpy and a target as high as Anga's ass would be one of them...

The problem is not the difficulty. It's a matter of back and front, if it's Fi's matter, that is...

Vatallus
Oct 21, 2016, 04:31 AM
When I am playing Fighter or even Force I am aimming at the new Anga's center. His butt isn't even a weakspot unless you break all of the bits first. If I am playing as Fighter, or anything that mains or subs Fighter I can not make use of Braver Stance with the WB on his butt. Not even mention trying to chase it around when his center of mass stays a lot more still and takes the same damage.

I also reckon whoever has his aggro can't reach his butt either. Which I often have when I am playing Fighter. I needed a place to vent after getting a 7:01 time because the Ranger kept dropping WB on his butt instead of a spot I could go ham on.

Raujinn
Oct 21, 2016, 08:32 AM
Wouldn't mind getting Deadlion's unit. Probably never going to though because that shield never breaks :(

Dammy
Oct 21, 2016, 09:07 AM
just realized collection files cooldown is 2 days

TheFanaticViper
Oct 21, 2016, 09:32 AM
Wouldn't mind getting Deadlion's unit. Probably never going to though because that shield never breaks :(

Sound like a job for BO / Break Stance / Niren Orochi !
By the way, i can't complete the new Franka CO, the item drop nowhere. It's because you need to break a thing on the dragon ?

qoxolg
Oct 21, 2016, 09:38 AM
I already got the shield so the rates can't be that bad. The wand on the other hand will be problematic, because you need to find it at least twice.

vantpers
Oct 21, 2016, 09:59 AM
Butt is a great spot for the WB. It's easy to hit and only problem is if you have aggro and it keeps turning or the guy who has aggro also has wise stance and tries to do the same thing you do. Anyway if plebs don't like Wise Stance modifier then they shouldn't like the 20% from WB either.

Loveless62
Oct 21, 2016, 10:10 AM
There were many things to love about PSO1, but the game overall felt so slow with that lazy jog through long levels like seabed. It was especially bad offline with the sparse enemy counts. I have bad memories with rooms where only a single boomba (shark, vulmer, etc.) would spawn. I sometimes regret that I never got a character up to level 200, but it just felt too slow.

I also didn't like being stuck with a single three-hit combo with each weapon, and I overall felt too limited with the combat actions you could take. I definitely appreciate the improvements that we have access to now.

PSO1 definitely did some things right, though, especially for its time or obviously it wouldn't have made such an impression. The ultimate transformation was pretty cool; the thrill you got when you dealt with megid lilies was pretty sexy.

NightfallG
Oct 21, 2016, 10:32 AM
I've not played Diablo, but each map, whether free field or quest, was always 100% set. The variance came in which of the maps you actually got, when it came to the free fields - your party got allocated one out of a number of pre-set variants. Which pool your map got drawn from depended on the section ID of the party leader. Beyond the different drop pool, that was another reason to buddy up with people - different map populations.

Holy shit that's actually a really smart system. It makes it feel random enough without actually having to be randomly generated each and every time, which cuts down on load times right? Nice.

Zorak000
Oct 21, 2016, 10:42 AM
Butt is a great spot for the WB. It's easy to hit and only problem is if you have aggro and it keeps turning or the guy who has aggro also has wise stance and tries to do the same thing you do. Anyway if plebs don't like Wise Stance modifier then they shouldn't like the 20% from WB either.
the problem here is Fighter Main Class has to only take one stance in order to have both Stance and Limit Break+some of the Slayer skills going; and since you mostly fight things from the front anyway, they go for Brave Stance over Wise.

so just use PAs that allow you to stay in front of anga but still reach the wb'd core on the rear :v (its joke; most of those on fighter aren't really all that good)

Raujinn
Oct 21, 2016, 11:46 AM
I already got the shield so the rates can't be that bad. The wand on the other hand will be problematic, because you need to find it at least twice.

A decent rate is still 0 if the arm never breaks.. people kill it long before the arm goes in my runs

LordKaiser
Oct 21, 2016, 01:29 PM
The souls are nothing of the other world but they give variety at least.. 2 of them are defensive with HP and the third arrived late.

Dubarusu gives you 35 of T-attack, 20HP , 5 Dex and 1pp (If you want at least 1 unit with HP)

Guryuzorasu gives you 35 of R-attack, 5 Dex and 3pp (I was waiting for this one but now with the train soul converted to a Till the Soul, it's not as necessary anymore)

Dead Leon Soul gives you 35 of S-attack, 30HP and 5 Dex (Compare to Leone Soul. I prefer this one if I want HP.)

I used Google translate so they may appear different on the English translation.

Spiral
Oct 21, 2016, 02:46 PM
The souls are nothing of the other world but they give variety at least.. 2 of them are defensive with HP and the third arrived late.

Dubarusu gives you 35 of T-attack, 20HP , 5 Dex and 1pp (If you want at least 1 unit with HP)

Guryuzorasu gives you 35 of R-attack, 5 Dex and 3pp (I was waiting for this one but now with the train soul converted to a Till the Soul, it's not as necessary anymore)

Dead Leon Soul gives you 35 of S-attack, 30HP and 5 Dex (Compare to Leone Soul. I prefer this one if I want HP.)

I used Google translate so they may appear different on the English translation.

Probably already be aware, but it fills out the last of the ult soul table.
Nab - PP (S-atk) HP & PP (R-atk) HP (T-atk)
Lillipa - HP & PP (S-atk) HP (R-atk) PP (T-atk)
Amu - HP (S-atk) PP (R-atk) HP & PP (T-atk)
One more option for shooter types.

A decent rate is still 0 if the arm never breaks.. people kill it long before the arm goes in my runs

Ah, are all boss 13*'s indeed based on part breaks? Didn't even think about that possibility.
Haven't gotten any of them and have always went straight for the head like most...thought they were just actually rare! Though it is extremely easy to "sticky" onto the head compared to other parts for several classes. (Deadlion and gruzoras at least, attacks are all over the place chasing boxer around...still not sure how to aim effectively on it aside from waiting for the fly-by's return punch)

qoxolg
Oct 21, 2016, 02:47 PM
Try playing on low tier non-expert blocks or play ranger so you can concentrate fire on the arms by placing weak bullets on it :wacko:

Raujinn
Oct 21, 2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah for once having good MPAs might be a detriment unless more people end up wanting those units (and stop caring about getting the Gix unit or something). It's near impossible to chase its shield around with a sword ;A;

Vatallus
Oct 21, 2016, 03:44 PM
A WB on the center counts for most of his Anga's front anyway. None of my fastest runs have came with a Ranger that WBs his butt. Each to their own I guess. I'll take a Techer that buffs and zondeels over a Ranger here anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure people have noticed Lightning affects ultimate Quartz/Ex the same way as poison affects their normal versions.

Edit: Let me rephrase, counts for most of Anga's non protected core body. Just because it is easier for you to mark his butt instead of locking his ribs and marking that doesn't mean it is right.

Petunia
Oct 26, 2016, 02:47 AM
I didn't even know Anga had a growth system. Would someone care to explain it?

Shinamori
Oct 26, 2016, 03:03 AM
They did this when Ult Nab dropped. At first, Anga didn't have weapon resists, but after a week, it did.