Oct 20, 2016, 11:13 AM
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2016/img_161020/partners.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Kintama
Oct 20, 2016, 11:18 AM
I concur!

ArcaneTechs
Oct 20, 2016, 11:25 AM
bro at least give some sort of opinion besides just posting links or something otherwise its just another "pso2 on the xbox scorpion gaiz???" #petition

granted ps0 was a thing and seeing nintendo went the right direction with better hardware (?) then i dont see why not, small chance but probably not until 2017 unless Sega actually is working on it now or i guess isnt lazy about it

also wasnt there something about not doing PS on a nintendo console again after ps0 because of the whole chat system and protecting children?

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 11:32 AM
bro at least give some sort of opinion besides just posting links or something otherwise its just another "pso2 on the xbox scorpion gaiz???" #petition

granted ps0 was a thing and seeing nintendo went the right direction with better hardware (?) then i dont see why not, small chance but probably not until 2017 unless Sega actually is working on it now or i guess isnt lazy about it

If you look at the links, you will see SEGA trademark in the 3rd party partnership, along with fromsoftware and bethesda. PSO2 is already on PS4 and will, without a doubt, come out for the Nintendo Switch in due time.

yoshiblue
Oct 20, 2016, 11:34 AM
Super Omega Phantasy Star Zero 64 [Switch] 2.8 HD Remix Edition

I mean there's still Shemune, maybe NiGHTs, Somba De Amigo, whatever new Sonic game they'll throw at the US, Total War™ and every other license they have though.

isCasted
Oct 20, 2016, 11:36 AM
SEGA announced other games for NX. Project Sonic 2017 is the first thing that comes to mind.

As for PSO2, a decent portable experience (at least tier-2 graphics with high-res textures at 60 FPS) would certainly be appealing. Vita version is godawful.

Sadly it doesn't seem to have touchscreen capabilities, so weapon palette switching, subpalette access and chat command macros would still be unavailable.

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 11:51 AM
This may be a bit of a far stretch but, PSO2 west version hosted by Nintendo may be a thing now?

Zorak000
Oct 20, 2016, 12:10 PM
ah yes, just like how Konami being a partner confirms a Switch version of Metal Gear Solid V

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 12:19 PM
ah yes, just like how Konami being a partner confirms a Switch version of Metal Gear Solid V

And why not? Skyrim is confirmed. There's also EPIC trademark in there maybe even GOW might be coming to Nintendo.

Zysets
Oct 20, 2016, 12:31 PM
I don't need PSO2 on a nintendo console, but I do need a new Phantasy Star Zero type game. I'd accept another Phantasy Star Online game if it's like PS0, and keeps offline mode (considering the Switch is also portable).

ArcaneTechs
Oct 20, 2016, 12:43 PM
If you look at the links, you will see SEGA trademark in the 3rd party partnership, along with fromsoftware and bethesda. PSO2 is already on PS4 and will, without a doubt, come out for the Nintendo Switch in due time.
i did look at the links and i dont see how sega being on there (i mean they make games for the wii u, so obvious) would be like a huge indication/confirmation that this is a sure thing to happen. whether it'll happen or not has me very doubtful but i see another ps0 or spinoff or something likely to happen over a port. i get that its hype but lets not jump the gun here i mean once the scorpio gets release im sure there will be ppl viewing it as "no reason" not to have on there too (even though the xbox is dead in japan)

TheszNuts
Oct 20, 2016, 01:19 PM
Won't be a new pso2 port because of the nude body scenes, will prolly be PSZ2.

Also Nintendo region locks.

Zysets
Oct 20, 2016, 01:30 PM
Won't be a new pso2 port because of the nude body scenes, will prolly be PSZ2.

Also Nintendo region locks.

I thought it was confirmed that Switch didn't have Region Locking

Vintasticvin
Oct 20, 2016, 01:40 PM
How bout a traditional Phantasy Star RPG? Yeah? Anyone?

TheszNuts
Oct 20, 2016, 01:40 PM
I thought it was confirmed that Switch didn't have Region Locking

There isn't 100% confirmation from Nintendo yet.

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 01:51 PM
i did look at the links and i dont see how sega being on there (i mean they make games for the wii u, so obvious) would be like a huge indication/confirmation that this is a sure thing to happen. whether it'll happen or not has me very doubtful but i see another ps0 or spinoff or something likely to happen over a port. i get that its hype but lets not jump the gun here i mean once the scorpio gets release im sure there will be ppl viewing it as "no reason" not to have on there too (even though the xbox is dead in japan)

My thread may be a bit missleading as I'm not sure it could happen, however, given all the hype this console is carrying, it would be stupid to not hop aboard. This is the perfect chance for sega to "make up for their mistakes and deliver the quality the west deserves" Like they said previously.

isCasted
Oct 20, 2016, 01:58 PM
> PSO2
> quality

Pick one.

Sizustar
Oct 20, 2016, 02:16 PM
My thread may be a bit missleading as I'm not sure it could happen, however, given all the hype this console is carrying, it would be stupid to not hop aboard. This is the perfect chance for sega to "make up for their mistakes and deliver the quality the west deserves" Like they said previously.

They don't believe the west is interested in PSO2.

Zysets
Oct 20, 2016, 02:25 PM
They don't believe the west is interested in PSO2.

To be fair, that's not wrong, the PSO community is still pretty niche in the west.

How bout a traditional Phantasy Star RPG? Yeah? Anyone?

I'd support an actual Phantasy Star V, if they can bring in Rieko Kodama, Yuji Naka, and everyone else who made the classic series special, I'm all for it. Actually, I'd try it regardless of staff.

Keilyn
Oct 20, 2016, 02:34 PM
Long Post, Sorry.

Consoles carry hype prior to release due to the fact its software is their selling point, and not the hardware.

PSO-2 is a Japanese-Local Game, intended and defended as such.
Which means, all thought and possibility of expansion would have to be considered at the local level.

This means if a new console and game are developed,
Phantasy Star might go to the console, but it will be Japan-Only.
Hence, not Global.

The truth is...
if we wanted a real phantasy star-like game...

We would have to write it ourselves.
We have the Engine, Programming Languages... everything we need to develop it you know...

Take a Page from Rooster Teeth, who created RWBY (the series and the game... which plays like a watered down phantasy star in a way) and look at what happened... Japanese ASKED them to bring their series to Japan, and it became the first time in history that the Japanese asked directly an American Publisher for a series.....

The funny thing is that if the West made out a game like that, I know it can be done much better, without half the Bullshit. I still remember when the Koreans stated in 2002 - 2003, that Americans couldn't write a decent game if they tried... and then out came Worlds of Warcraft in 2004. Two years later, almost every major Korean and Japanese game was adding "WoW elements" into their games to sell them...

My point...
We shouldn't be thinking in Japanese providing everything to that effect.
I think we sell ourselves kind of short considering all we have done in the world of technology and gaming.

Done right..
We could do better you know...

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 02:37 PM
Long Post, Sorry.

Consoles carry hype prior to release due to the fact its software is their selling point, and not the hardware.

PSO-2 is a Japanese-Local Game, intended and defended as such.
Which means, all thought and possibility of expansion would have to be considered at the local level.

This means if a new console and game are developed,
Phantasy Star might go to the console, but it will be Japan-Only.
Hence, not Global.

The truth is...
if we wanted a real phantasy star-like game...

We would have to write it ourselves.
We have the Engine, Programming Languages... everything we need to develop it you know...

Take a Page from Rooster Teeth, who created RWBY (the series and the game... which plays like a watered down phantasy star in a way) and look at what happened... Japanese ASKED them to bring their series to Japan, and it became the first time in history that the Japanese asked directly an American Publisher for a series.....

The funny thing is that if the West made out a game like that, I know it can be done much better, without half the Bullshit. I still remember when the Koreans stated in 2002 - 2003, that Americans couldn't write a decent game if they tried... and then out came Worlds of Warcraft in 2004. Two years later, almost every major Korean and Japanese game was adding "WoW elements" into their games to sell them...

My point...
We shouldn't be thinking in Japanese providing everything to that effect.
I think we sell ourselves kind of short considering all we have done in the world of technology and gaming.

Done right..
We could do better you know...

I realize the pso2 in west is far fetched, but initially, I was talking about pso2 having a port on the new console in japan, ofc, if anyone in the west wants to access it, you would follow the same method as the ps4.

wefwq
Oct 20, 2016, 02:42 PM
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2016/img_161020/partners.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Oh boy Autodesk, ebin games, havok & unity logo is in there, is that mean that i can make my very own vidya without using PC?

>DeNA

Zysets
Oct 20, 2016, 02:43 PM
snip

I agree with what you're saying, we're perfectly capable of producing series and franchises that can rival Sega's Phantasy Star, but I think it's also partially in brand loyalty. You could make a new PSO like game, but it still won't be PSO, if you get what I mean.

I love spiritual successors and fan tributes, but I know there are people who'd prefer having the people behind the game they love actively supporting it.

Regardless, I remember someone was remaking PSO in Unity as a fan project, there was a playable demo somewhere if I remember correctly. It was really nice for what it was, I'd love to see more of that someday.

Sizustar
Oct 20, 2016, 03:47 PM
And why not? Skyrim is confirmed. There's also EPIC trademark in there maybe even GOW might be coming to Nintendo.

While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said. Skyrim Remastered is set to launch on October 28 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC; perhaps the Switch will receive a version of the Remastered game at launch?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-20-nintendo-switch-officially-revealed

MightyHarken
Oct 20, 2016, 04:41 PM
While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said. Skyrim Remastered is set to launch on October 28 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC; perhaps the Switch will receive a version of the Remastered game at launch?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-20-nintendo-switch-officially-revealed

Well, in the youtube video from NS you can see clearly the remastered version of skyrim, so I do think it will come out at launch. Also, Bethesda can't officially confirm something because who knows what will happen in the future if Nintendo cuts off the deal or anything weird happens. "we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch." This though is the good news out of that comment, he's confirming a partnership with Nintendo.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 20, 2016, 09:24 PM
everything you said can literally be said for any new game that did well in Japan or just popular in general but it doesnt mean its going to happen or Dev's are going to hop aboard, just how it is which is why I dont believe it will happen but hey, im not saying its not possible just dont have high hopes for it.

PSZ2 or something different seems more likely

lostinseganet
Oct 21, 2016, 12:10 PM
Just go to PSO 3, and lets get back in space!

Anon_Fire
Oct 21, 2016, 12:28 PM
As much as I'd love to see PSO2 on Nintendo Switch, I'd rather see a PS Zero 2 on the console instead. Being able to explore new areas on Coral and the Moon.

LordKaiser
Oct 21, 2016, 02:00 PM
PSO2 on the Switch and then Nintendo offer to localize it in the west censoring 70% of the game.... No thanks!

Zysets
Oct 21, 2016, 02:26 PM
PSO2 on the Switch and then Nintendo offer to localize it in the west censoring 70% of the game.... No thanks!
Localizing PSO2 is a waste of time and money, to be honest.