PDA

View Full Version : Will you use the current 12* units?

suzaku0zero0
Oct 30, 2016, 08:00 AM
If you have no other stronger units, will you spend mesta to enhance your current 12* or wait?

(1st option includes sacrificing your L ring to transfer its ability to the unit)

Nyansan
Oct 30, 2016, 08:16 AM
Personally would wait at most half a year (or even less depending on upcoming raid boss) as current 12* units might get the Revolucio treatment and depreciate soon. Though seeing as Sega keeps releasing rings every other update or so might make the switch earlier than planned.

Atmius
Oct 30, 2016, 08:30 AM
I already swapped to 12* units for melee, in part because I needed a slight upgrade and wanted both step jump and another ring active at the same time. No reason to change from 150/9 saiki to 12* though for ranged/tech at this point.

KingSasuke
Oct 30, 2016, 09:01 AM
I am gonna wait till I see the new raid boss units if there like austere but better Ill use those. Gonna have to start saving up for at least an s and r attack set t might have to wait depending on how much meseta i can get by then.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 30, 2016, 10:01 AM
defs sucks, set bonuses non existent, reaffixing stuff is a pain. NO WAI.

MightyHarken
Oct 30, 2016, 10:21 AM
They're very lacking in HP. If you want to use them now, you need to combine them with another set. Like ideal + gix or austere + gix. I'm going to wait for new 12* to be released. I don't want to spend my money now and regret it a few months later.

BlakLanner
Oct 30, 2016, 10:22 AM
Ignoring my usual issues with getting anything to drop, I will be using them. My techer will move to Austere with the leg slot holding a ring. My melee classes will forego the set bonuses and use two units to hold rings.

Masu
Oct 30, 2016, 10:43 AM
Currently, I have a full Ray set and 1 missing unit for a second. Gix from title and the Drago rear unit. I don't really know what to do with them for now tbh. I find the "upgrade" not that much relevant from whatever angle I try to look at things or any mix and match with my currents 11* sets (Kaiser/Orbit for my S and R atk characters, Saiki for my T atk one). I'am an Orbit series sucker so for now dropping my legs units is a no no and Kaiser are my main PP battery and set bonus somewhat fix the lack of Nobles atk affix... so yeah /shrug.
Try harder @sega

Sonichi
Oct 30, 2016, 11:16 AM
It took me a long time to move from 150/9 Saiki to 150/9 Austere for all 3 attack types, I don't particularly have interest in changing all 3 again unless something with more than just an affix worth of atk or HP better gets released. Skill rings are not a selling point to me as I have shortcut words setup for seamless changing, and I always have a very clear inventory.

Considering how all around solid Austere + Orbit/Ray leg is, it would probably take some OP 12* unit crafting recipes to convince me to change.

Edit: or they bring that special new affixing thing to 12* units, I wouldn't mind that :nerd:

final_attack
Oct 30, 2016, 11:24 AM
I'm using Ray Leg atm ..... though only on my main char (Gu main only), since it luckily drop for me day 1 ...... so, TianSet + RayLeg seems good enough ..... was XQ Unit set .....
Well, +40 Attack more in total (+5 for each unit, +25 from RayLeg itself) ..... less HP though ;w;

But, should a better ★12unit appeared, I won't be able to affix them now (not enough money and GRM Boost) :wacko: Took me a year to prep the mats ....

wefwq
Oct 30, 2016, 12:27 PM
No way, affixing new units that don't provide noticeable improvement just felt not worth it at all.

Zysets
Oct 30, 2016, 02:19 PM
Currently have Ray Rear with the Double Set. Only have the Mate Lovers ring on there, but it's helpful enough that I'm satisfied. If they release better 12* Units, I may go ahead and take the time to affix them, but for now, just the Rear is good enough.

Xaeris
Oct 30, 2016, 03:32 PM
Already replaced my Orbit Leg with a Ray Leg. Keeping the Rear/Arm Austere set though.

PokeminMaster
Oct 30, 2016, 04:26 PM
Currently using the Gruzoras Rear, Gix Arm, and Ray Leg as replacements for the Ideal set I had been using. Will switch over to the Dourumble set if I can ever get that Arm to drop... (or wait until winter when I'll finally get premium again)

I haven't made them endgame gear, went for a basic Guranz Soul, Tech III, Spirita III, Latan Fever on each one; though I have put a little bit more work into the Gruzoras Unit

echofaith
Oct 30, 2016, 05:07 PM
Was using austere rear/arm and a saiha leg. As soon as a ray leg dropped, I swapped to that and gave it the sidestep jump ring. Totally worth it so far v:
I am also considering a saiha set and the deadlion arm for a full hp/atk set with minimal PP(mostly for sac bite build) but I am too cheap to affix them :s

Moffen
Oct 31, 2016, 07:51 AM
Using Gix arm + Ray rear/leg with Gix sword atm.

Fun stuff.

AnikaSteinberg
Oct 31, 2016, 07:58 AM
I got Saiha Rear and Leg for my Te, so was using an ex8 Hiei arm for the longest time since I don't know what solo unit to use.
Replaced it with Deadlion arms as soon as I got one, and affixed my maxed Tech C Parry ring onto it. Absolutely no regrets.

TehCubey
Oct 31, 2016, 01:33 PM
If I had Austere arm + back units, I'd consider using a 12* leg. But I don't. I have saiki, so switching to 12* is a pure downgrade.

If I didn't have Saiki I'd probably use the 12* units because they're better than all other units except for saiki and austere. Easier to get, too.

Keilyn
Oct 31, 2016, 02:55 PM
I will use them when I have the rings i want to use with them, but...
Though Saiki has the special property it can be crafted...
Its amazing being able to use Saiki Units at level 15 done right. :)

pkemr4
Oct 31, 2016, 03:43 PM
sticking to Austere Rear/Arm with Ray Leg for S-atk

Starryeyedbunny
Oct 31, 2016, 04:18 PM
I feel like it's mean to really make a topic about the current 12* units...we all knew they were gonna be bad, especially since they have to really test out how things will work with affixing rings to them .w.; Plus, when hasn't a new rarity of units or weapons been terrible at the start? It's like beating up a kitten just because it's not a cat.

Though at least things like Austere and Double's units exist to allow you to get sexy leg(unit)s and dash jump.

IchijinKali
Oct 31, 2016, 04:33 PM
Where is the option to say not until we can craft them, they have an actual set bonus, or when their defenses are actually better?

wefwq
Nov 1, 2016, 03:33 AM
Where is the option to say not until we can craft them, they have an actual set bonus, or when their defenses are actually better?

Wanting *12 with better DEF/set bonus is exactly the same as waiting for better *12 units tho.

IchijinKali
Nov 1, 2016, 12:09 PM
Wanting *12 with better DEF/set bonus is exactly the same as waiting for better *12 units tho.

Eh I only added those two without really thinking. I'm more concerned with crafting them as it makes it so I only have to worry about atk when affixing.

BlakLanner
Nov 1, 2016, 12:20 PM
Given that these come with attack stats and decend hp/pp already attached, I would not expect much in the way of set bonuses. Power creep and all that. It does make it easier to mix and match your rings if you play multiple classes.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 1, 2016, 10:42 PM
I'll wait til the meta stagnates a little.

starwind75043
Nov 2, 2016, 12:52 AM
I think when talking about 12* units a discussion of rings should come into play. To me right now I think with the current rings choices and upcoming ring choices there is a good case to be made for upgrading units

Zysets
Nov 2, 2016, 01:13 AM
I think when talking about 12* units a discussion of rings should come into play. To me right now I think with the current rings choices and upcoming ring choices there is a good case to be made for upgrading units

That's sort of what I was thinking. I don't have a full 12* set because there's no need. I have the Rear for the extra ring effect I want. I don't think 12* units will get useful set bonuses because the whole point is the rings, not the Units.

Hysteria1987
Nov 2, 2016, 01:24 AM
If PSO2 reflected reality in any way at all, right now I'd be panhandling. I haven't got the meseta to spend on new armours, when I still have newer characters to bring up to speed and when my existing Saiki sets are still great - and I wouldn't want to swap those until a set comes out that wouldn't cause my PP to drop by too much. The PP's more important than the DEF to me at the moment.

KlTSUNE
Nov 2, 2016, 01:45 AM
Nice try Sega, I'm not spending precious hours of my time to grind something that will be obsolete in 3 months. Call me when 14* have been released, until then I'm capped and its extremely boring.

Pyrei
Nov 2, 2016, 11:28 AM
at the current moment I'm not using any 12* units but I am considering using austere rear and arm with ray leg, as I really could use a 2nd ring as well as more defense over saiki set on fi/hu, and I'd affix austere leg for more pp as br/hu since I still use austere katana. defense is really starting to be a noticeable problem on my fi/hu, not so much on my br/hu however, but if I don't fix this soon could be really bad to say the least...

but for now ill just wait, there's still the mother raid boss incoming in December which might include better units (I hope...)

Zorak000
Nov 2, 2016, 01:13 PM
I got a Gozoras Rear for my main character; I would like to slot Tech Charge Parry onto it, but I feel it wouldnt be worth breaking my saki set bonus until I have arm and leg units to use as well. I got a ray arm, but even if I do get a ray leg, I am still holding off to see what Mother will bring to us

Flaoc
Nov 2, 2016, 01:44 PM
ray leg with austere arm+rear is pretty legit

Remz69
Nov 2, 2016, 03:49 PM
i didn't care for austeres because pp craft saikis, i don't care for austere + ray leg because pp craft saikis
although i have to admit for people who had cheaply affixed saikis/no saikis 12* units are not bad, there's austere+ray, failing that there's quartzy like rear+crafted double and i guess some people would be happy with deadleon+saiha but meh

silo1991
Nov 2, 2016, 04:26 PM
as far i know in term of stats , the ray units are better than ideal but i cant say anything because i dont know the set bonus :/ . nobody has answer that in the quick questions >_<

gabor100
Nov 2, 2016, 05:11 PM
Defenses seem too low to me for 12★ units. Waiting for 400 S-Def (P Drive has 357 S-Def) units to replace Ex10 Saiki.

SteveCZ
Nov 2, 2016, 09:38 PM
If I have to invest millions of money and lots of time on units that I would wear for long, then it has to be significantly great on all aspects for me. I've been wearing my Saiki sets for almost 2 years and I'm still doing great with it.

Great Pan
Nov 2, 2016, 11:21 PM
SAIKI MASTERRACE!

suzaku0zero0
Nov 3, 2016, 06:29 AM
... i cant say anything because i dont know the set bonus :/ . nobody has answer that in the quick questions >_<

12* ray units do not have set bonus except ray arm unit + ray 13* weapon gets +60 dex only
other 12* units do not have set bonus as of yet (other than the golden dragon rear unit with 13* boots)

Thanks for all your vote, I guess I will wait until new Dec raid boss to see if any 12* units appear, then actually enhance my ray series (still need time to get mesta to collect affix fodder)

Im planning to put 1 ring ability on each 12* unit (knuckles/Ds/Sword) since I use all of these weapons and use the new Fi ring for my Fi ... Let all hope for better 12* units

oratank
Nov 3, 2016, 06:44 AM
why do you care about set bonus when every piece has this

HP+50/PP+9
打撃耐性+2%
射撃耐性+2%
法撃耐性+2%
打撃力+25
射撃力+25
法撃力+25

SteveCZ
Nov 3, 2016, 07:17 AM
Im planning to put 1 ring ability on each 12* unit (knuckles/Ds/Sword) since I use all of these weapons and use the new Fi ring for my Fi ...

This is one reason why I'll be very careful on these 12* units. It's not about melee, range, or tech stats anymore. It's specific to builds and that takes more time and money in the process than ever before. to say I can make something out of it right now or even using it, it's still too early to judge.

AnikaSteinberg
Nov 3, 2016, 07:19 AM
I guess the basic debates here on giving up the bonuses and raw stats of current 11* unit sets already stand as proof that L-ring affix-ability just isn't enough of a perk for current 12*s to supersede the norm.

SteveCZ
Nov 3, 2016, 07:24 AM
I guess the basic debates here on giving up the bonuses and raw stats of current 11* unit sets already stand as proof that L-ring affix-ability just isn't enough of a perk for current 12*s to supersede the norm.

They should just say it 11* NT units instead of 12* units, if 12* is just about units that can be attached with rings. :D

Pyrei
Nov 3, 2016, 08:24 AM

its not that 11* set bonuses are that good, its that no one wants to shoot themselves in the foot upgrading too early to a set that's not a good step up from what are currently using. Units are THE most expensive thing in the game to affix so when people affix units they (generally) don't plan on doing it more than once a year for most players.

Eternal255
Nov 3, 2016, 02:35 PM
I'm probably gonna wait until a better HP & PP setup is available. Ditching my HP-crafted Saiki for any of the current setup would result in me losing something like 12pp and 150hp. The stats on the current 12*'s are pretty poor in my eyes (crafted 11* defense is on par, hp and pp is superior).

With how easy it is to switch rings now (ctrl+F1, etc), I'm not hurting to get my rings attached just yet.

Ahri
Nov 3, 2016, 03:32 PM
Austere rear + arm and Ray leg (with aerial recovery) is the best unit's for my in this moment.

EvilMag
Nov 3, 2016, 05:02 PM
My issue on 12* units is that to my knowledge there is no way to remove the ring or transfer it over to another unit. Mostly why I'm holding off.

silo1991
Nov 3, 2016, 05:49 PM
now i know the current units are useless , compared to ideal and saiki , do you think i should give those units to my support partners :P

Eternal255
Nov 3, 2016, 06:19 PM
now i know the current units are useless , compared to ideal and saiki , do you think i should give those units to my support partners :P

Couldn't hurt, considering SP's benefit from item rarity and not stats

BlakLanner
Nov 3, 2016, 08:39 PM
My issue on 12* units is that to my knowledge there is no way to remove the ring or transfer it over to another unit. Mostly why I'm holding off.

I already have one regret because of that. I put my Mate Lovers ring (used on all my melee classes) into an arm unit, then had nothing but arm units drop so I can't just use those to swap between class specific rings.

Vatallus
Nov 3, 2016, 09:31 PM
It's almost like the 12* units give you attack as a unit bonus instead of forcing a unit set.

Anyway, right now I'd just use them to augment other sets. I like the idea that right now 12* units can be mixed and matched rather then sets forced, but Austere set is still a better choice for most people.

Anyway, when each Ray Unit gives you 25/25/25 attack, 50hp, and 9 pp why would you think they would give a set bonus too?

Ex Unit 150 hp 40 attack.
Quartz Unit 10pp 40 attack.

Shadowstarkirby
Nov 4, 2016, 01:56 AM
I used a single complete Austere set for all my classes with a mostly cheap 70 A-ATK + 10 PP affix for each unit, so switching off from the Austere leg to a Ray one wasn't painful, especially considering I only made 3 Austere weapons since they were introduced, meaning I didn't get the set bonus most of the time anyway.

I managed to get three Ray legs and slotted Step Jump, Standing Sign, and Short Mirage to each and am certainly enjoying the benefits of all three for the classes I play. I don't like the idea of making a full 12* unit set just yet, there needs to be more must have rings. Even for Fi/Hu I don't find it necessary and that class benefits from the units the most at the moment. Also the thought slotting a Lv 20 ring on a unit set that will most likely be outclassed a few months later just sounds like a terrible idea.