PDA

View Full Version : New skill rings

MightyHarken
Oct 30, 2016, 10:49 AM
New Skill Rings

L / PB Homing
Makes the photon blades home in on the enemy.
L / Jumping Dodge
An active skill that makes you jump high into the air.
L / Slow Fi-Action
Slows down the speed of Fighter’s weapon action.
L / Near Auto-Target
Pet automatically chases after nearby enemy targets.
L / Peace Zondeel
Prevents you from detonating Zondeel.
(This is referring to the secondary electrification aspect.)

From a ranger point of view, the super jump will be super useful for launcher nuking. Anything that catches your eyes?

vantpers
Oct 30, 2016, 11:03 AM
Jumping Dodge looks like something that's more cool than useful for most players, but still worth putting on units. If your class can't gain height but keeps what it has decently enough it can be useful on some bosses like maybe chasing after airborne Vibra or Ultimate Quartz.

Sonichi
Oct 30, 2016, 11:22 AM
L / Jumping Dodge will be fun to try out for walls in Tower Defence EQs, rather than using TD PAs to climb over them. As well as seeing how it stacks with Sukuna-hime buff in Magatsu :-P

Aside from that none of these look particularly desirable to me.

final_attack
Oct 30, 2016, 11:26 AM
Jumping Dodge for me ..... though I already get my Front-SRoll to Lv20 and fed it to Ray Leg ..... I'll grind another one atm, just in case Jumping Dodge didn't have R-Atk option for grinding it.

Using GixTmg kinda limit my usual option of switching to JB to gain initial height (or using rifle to WB :wacko: ).

Sonichi
Oct 30, 2016, 12:21 PM
Jumping Dodge for me ..... though I already get my Front-SRoll to Lv20 and fed it to Ray Leg ..... I'll grind another one atm, just in case Jumping Dodge didn't have R-Atk option for grinding it.

Using GixTmg kinda limit my usual option of switching to JB to gain initial height (or using rifle to WB :wacko: ).

Use charged Aerial Shooting after a jump to gain height, no need to use anything else as a gunner.

yoshiblue
Oct 30, 2016, 12:27 PM
Aside from Tokyo and Amd TA buttons, it may have been more useful to rangers and forces if more maps were designed like Forest or Tundra. Where you have the occasional high ground to jump onto.

wefwq
Oct 30, 2016, 12:30 PM
>peace zondeel
They're implementing it not as fix but as "feature", wew lad.

Saagonsa
Oct 30, 2016, 12:38 PM
Activated zondeel is one of the best ways to cause the shock SE. It'd be pretty shitty if they took that away as a "fix"

Skyly
Oct 30, 2016, 12:59 PM
Activated zondeel is one of the best ways to cause the shock SE. It'd be pretty shitty if they took that away as a "fix"

Yup, it's what I use when I'm soloing old style XQs

Altiea
Oct 30, 2016, 01:27 PM
Can you combine Jumping Dodge with Jet Boots?

Zysets
Oct 30, 2016, 02:16 PM
I'm only using the Rear Ray Unit with Mate Lovers currently, but I might try out the Jump ring, seems like it'll be fun to use with Twin Daggers!

final_attack
Oct 30, 2016, 08:00 PM
Use charged Aerial Shooting after a jump to gain height, no need to use anything else as a gunner.

My ..... pallete is already full :(

[SPOILER-BOX]Though if I want to change how I usually goes, DeadApproach get higher priority atm. Probably changing Elder spot :(

1) Tmg -> Attack - Action - SatAim - IF0 - BulletSquall - Elder
2) Launcher
3) Tmg -> Attack - Action - GrimBarrage - ShiftPeriod - MessiahTime - HeelStab
4) JB (Double Jump + re-apply Shifta)
5) Talis (Resta)
6) Rifle[/SPOILER-BOX]
Personally would like to see if JumpDodge will cost PP or not ...... if it cost no PP (or ery little PP), I might make 1.
1 of drawbacks of Aerial is that PP use for me :( And kinda rarely used PA feels like it's really expensive to waste slot too .....

Altiea
Oct 30, 2016, 10:59 PM
I don't see why it would cost PP, it's not an Art/Tech. It's an active skill.

I build with S-Charge, so I personally add one Weapon on my palette with Dead Approach - Aerial Shooting - Bullet Squall Type-0. It's a great cheese option.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like Fighter gets way too many Rings?

MightyHarken
Oct 31, 2016, 02:41 AM
I don't see why it would cost PP, it's not an Art/Tech. It's an active skill.

I build with S-Charge, so I personally add one Weapon on my palette with Dead Approach - Aerial Shooting - Bullet Squall Type-0. It's a great cheese option.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like Fighter gets way too many Rings?

It does. Fighter is sega's favorite class. Somehow they think FI is still not good enough.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 31, 2016, 03:11 AM
Fighter getting an aerial move? Finally I can get airborne with Knuckles without having to jump.

Selphea
Oct 31, 2016, 06:12 AM
I wonder if Jumping Dodge will add iframes to One More Jump. Imagine Solo XQing by spamming jump...

Sonichi
Oct 31, 2016, 06:16 AM
My ..... pallete is already full :(

[SPOILER-BOX]Though if I want to change how I usually goes, DeadApproach get higher priority atm. Probably changing Elder spot :(

1) Tmg -> Attack - Action - SatAim - IF0 - BulletSquall - Elder
2) Launcher
3) Tmg -> Attack - Action - GrimBarrage - ShiftPeriod - MessiahTime - HeelStab
4) JB (Double Jump + re-apply Shifta)
5) Talis (Resta)
6) Rifle[/SPOILER-BOX]
Personally would like to see if JumpDodge will cost PP or not ...... if it cost no PP (or ery little PP), I might make 1.
1 of drawbacks of Aerial is that PP use for me :( And kinda rarely used PA feels like it's really expensive to waste slot too .....

Any reason you have launcher there? TMG kind of beats out launcher at it's job on a gunner. Aerial is pretty key to gaining air without having to stop fighting too, so I'd learn to make use of it personally, being able to climb up an enemy and also deal damage while doing so is pretty neat, especially with S-Charge as Altiea said. PP definitely shouldn't be a concern on gunner either.

final_attack
Oct 31, 2016, 06:52 AM
Any reason you have launcher there? TMG kind of beats out launcher at it's job on a gunner. Aerial is pretty key to gaining air without having to stop fighting too, so I'd learn to make use of it personally, being able to climb up an enemy and also deal damage while doing so is pretty neat, especially with S-Charge as Altiea said. PP definitely shouldn't be a concern on gunner either.

Ah ... more like I'm out of shortcut on my mouse and Razer pad ...... ever since 3 button scheme is introduced ('ω'; )
Was able to use all 6 palettes when using 2 button before, but 2nd page of 3 button setup needs a shortcut ('ω'; )
Launcher (Pile Bunker - 30% ZRA) is just there in case for Anga resisting Tmg (ChainFinish ZeroDistance), that slot is there ..... just to fill the blank.

Resta felt pretty important when pugging, felt like a lot of people just didn't care about their health, keep attacking, then died, so at least I'll try to maintain their health from afar should I found that kind of pug (rather than out of Moon, felt comfortable with TPS Talis gameplay and healing slave role, so, yeah, should be no problem .... I have WideSupport ring ready too)

Though after I'm more free irl, might try changing that JB to another Tmg palette (been busy irl =___= ), I'm not sure what combination to use on that pallete o.o; And see if I'm comfortable with PP usage (164 PP after ShowTime)
Only played a bit here and there lately ;w;

Well, at least I already got another +20 FrontSRoll ..... so I can try out once that new ring came out (gonna put it on RayLeg, replacing current FrontSRoll).

Sonichi
Oct 31, 2016, 07:55 AM
Ah ... more like I'm out of shortcut on my mouse and Razer pad ...... ever since 3 button scheme is introduced ('ω'; )
Was able to use all 6 palettes when using 2 button before, but 2nd page of 3 button setup needs a shortcut ('ω'; )
Launcher (Pile Bunker - 30% ZRA) is just there in case for Anga resisting Tmg (ChainFinish ZeroDistance), that slot is there ..... just to fill the blank.

Resta felt pretty important when pugging, felt like a lot of people just didn't care about their health, keep attacking, then died, so at least I'll try to maintain their health from afar should I found that kind of pug (rather than out of Moon, felt comfortable with TPS Talis gameplay and healing slave role, so, yeah, should be no problem .... I have WideSupport ring ready too)

Though after I'm more free irl, might try changing that JB to another Tmg palette (been busy irl =___= ), I'm not sure what combination to use on that pallete o.o; And see if I'm comfortable with PP usage (164 PP after ShowTime)
Only played a bit here and there lately ;w;

Well, at least I already got another +20 FrontSRoll ..... so I can try out once that new ring came out (gonna put it on RayLeg, replacing current FrontSRoll).

Seems to me like you're trying to fill too many rolls with a single class. Forget about healing, your job is to not get hit and take down bosses quickly, so focus on that. It's not worth it healing others if they're just going to die right away anyway. As for the launcher thing it's understandable, but you do have a rifle, and gunslashes are also an option (which will get mainclass bonus unlike launcher). Personally I only use JB for casting shifta on myself (pair of ES JBs) and for double jumping in Magatsu if needed. The resta talis itself is pretty neat for solo play though, I used that during Odin LQ solos a fair bit.

As for having 164PP after showtime... I'm curious about your setup as most gunners I know at least hit 190~200 in showtime, and some even 230+. Do you have all your capped class bonuses? Are you speccing purely into HP?

final_attack
Oct 31, 2016, 08:11 AM
Seems to me like you're trying to fill too many rolls with a single class. Forget about healing, your job is to not get hit and take down bosses quickly, so focus on that. It's not worth it healing others if they're just going to die right away anyway. As for the launcher thing it's understandable, but you do have a rifle, and gunslashes are also an option (which will get mainclass bonus unlike launcher). Personally I only use JB for casting shifta on myself (pair of ES JBs) and for double jumping in Magatsu if needed. The resta talis itself is pretty neat for solo play though, I used that during Odin LQ solos a fair bit.

As for having 164PP after showtime... I'm curious about your setup as most gunners I know at least hit 190~200 in showtime, and some even 230+. Do you have all your capped class bonuses? Are you speccing purely into HP?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/s1Ime/5cc1d74e85.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Taken in lobby, so, TimedAbilities didn't count + ShiftaDrinkEX
Tried to maintain PK should I took a hit (still works for some things atm)

Well, for ChainFinishing ...... Launcher is faster, no charge time, hard to interrupt ......

I also used that ES, since a long time ago, just to double jump and extend Te's shifta .....

I guess I'll re-think later once the new ring implemented ( 'ω')

Sonichi
Oct 31, 2016, 08:19 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/s1Ime/5cc1d74e85.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Taken in lobby, so, TimedAbilities didn't count + ShiftaDrinkEX
Tried to maintain PK should I took a hit (still works for some things atm)

Well, for ChainFinishing ...... Launcher is faster, no charge time, hard to interrupt ......

I also used that ES, since a long time ago, just to double jump and extend Te's shifta .....

I guess I'll re-think later once the new ring implemented ( 'ω')

Having a launcher for that is fine, I would probably only have that pallette active when in UQs though and for everything else swap it out for a new TMG ones, that's what I do quite frequently for stuff.

At the end of the day it's up to you how you like to play, I would without a doubt not heal other people though, even if it seems they need it, mainly because they'll either have automate or resta themselves. The new ring itself would be nice though if it puts you quite high up and possibly lets you JA from it :D

Kondibon
Oct 31, 2016, 08:29 AM
Fighter getting an aerial move? Finally I can get airborne with Knuckles without having to jump.It's not just for fighter. I'm pretty sure it'll be super useful for classes like Bo and Gu too. Or anyone really.

I wonder if Jumping Dodge will add iframes to One More Jump. Imagine Solo XQing by spamming jump...
It's an active skill not an effect added to normal jumps, and it even seems to have a cool-down. So probably not.

Starryeyedbunny
Oct 31, 2016, 08:49 AM
Photon Blade Homing. Uhhh....

They just refuse to ever give Bo anything actually useful. Like they want that class to rot in the bottom of the cesspool of bodies of Knucklulz victims.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 1, 2016, 12:42 PM
What? Bo is strong from what I've seen. They don't exactly drag down parties. All you have to do is shift action anyway, why do you want to make it more complicated.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 1, 2016, 12:59 PM
Photon Blade Homing. Uhhh....

They just refuse to ever give Bo anything actually useful. Like they want that class to rot in the bottom of the cesspool of bodies of Knucklulz victims.

that ring is actually helpful, the only thing wrong with BO is JBs still. No, you shift actioning Moment Gale in UQ is not very helpful

Skyly
Nov 1, 2016, 01:07 PM
I was reading the replies and realized you can justify the use of PBF when mobbing with the new Bo ring. I usually never use PBF when a boss or mini boss isn't present, but the homing aspect could change the meta.

Altiea
Nov 1, 2016, 01:59 PM
that ring is actually helpful, the only thing wrong with BO is JBs still. No, you shift actioning Moment Gale in UQ is not very helpful

That's an issue with how people play Boots, not the weapon itself.

We get Tech C Parrying, if anything.

Z-0
Nov 1, 2016, 02:40 PM
Jet Boots are bad though.

Both BO weapons are really bad compared to the rest of the arsenal (except maybe Funslash and possibly Wired Lance) because they lack proper mobility and versatility like every other weapon. JB has alright PAs but the damage is garbo, whereas DB is somewhat powerful but has an awful selection of PAs that don't really do all that much.

PBF is pretty much its only saving grace, and that doesn't really stand up to what other classes can do.

So honestly, BO is definitely the bottom of the barrel currently. Which is a shame because Jet Boots are so SWAG but they've sucked ever since they've been pushing BO main for Boots instead of FiBo (lack of multiclass and main class bonuses and pushing Switch Strike etc...)

Altiea
Nov 1, 2016, 02:54 PM
Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Bo/Hu Boots main.

Xaelouse
Nov 1, 2016, 04:00 PM
If you're not landing Vinto every 4-5 seconds, then you shouldn't bother playing the weapon. People that think it's a good idea to charge element each time they do that on BO/HU are also bad, honestly. They don't realize they're being gimped by the weapon's own mechanics (the PP being used for techs could be used for Strike Gust type-0 instead). No comment on the class being bottom-tier.

Anyway, new ring doesn't seem worth it except for maybe a boss or two that's small and moves around a lot.

vantpers
Nov 1, 2016, 04:09 PM
It would probably help if Sega decided to divert the development time given to Summoner's yet another pet with several new PAs to giving Bouncer something new and not being fine with Boots having 4 PAs while proper classes are pushing 11 on each weapon. But oh right boots have techs

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 1, 2016, 04:44 PM
If you're not landing Vinto every 4-5 seconds, then you shouldn't bother playing the weapon. People that think it's a good idea to charge element each time they do that on BO/HU are also bad, honestly. They don't realize they're being gimped by the weapon's own mechanics (the PP being used for techs could be used for Strike Gust type-0 instead). No comment on the class being bottom-tier.

Anyway, new ring doesn't seem worth it except for maybe a boss or two that's small and moves around a lot.

What this person said. This ring is garbage because the attack might as well be considered hitscan at this point. How awful at aiming do you need to be to need homing that would only matter if you were in TPS and some how miss?

And thank god people pointed out BO is bottom tier(though, I would have to test out that DB snatch ring to see if it does augment anything at all). DBF is improved damage for BO but since it's pretty much needed to keep up outside of periods were Niren is a beast(and even then, it's not enough to keep up with everything everyone else is getting). And the way JB works and how you have to manage weapons with elemental stance, the payout is not worth the effort. At best it's "Not wasting space". And that's not good.

They really make everyone question why they don't just play Fi/Hu Knuckles each update.

yoshiblue
Nov 1, 2016, 05:05 PM
Makes me wonder how much it would help if BO had a skill that equalized T and S-atk, or had a skill that dumped something like R-atk into them? Or if BO's had the option to link any technique to their boot PAs.

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 1, 2016, 05:48 PM
Makes me wonder how much it would help if BO had a skill that equalized T and S-atk, or had a skill that dumped something like R-atk into them? Or if BO's had the option to link any technique to their boot PAs.

I feel bad for bringing up class balance with BO now, but... I think the issue is just the lack of power in their stances for one...making them a weak choice as a sub class. The other issue is the lack of base power for their PAs. A lot of them should be stronger for what they do and make them far less dependent on breakables and DBF. Vinto it's self needs a huge power boost for what it requires(why would I want to charge up the boots then hit for 250k when I can just spam BHS for 250k all day?). Of course, so does Strike and Gran. They could honestly use a Fifth PA at this point... the shift actions are nice but Gran's shift isn't an attack and all and not shifting on Vinto is a massive waste. You also moment gale for the pull+Zanverse so that is questionable. Strike is the only one to benefit as "two in one" and even then you're almost never missing that shift action for the extra damage and now shifta buff.

I just feel like some slight changes to the way guages work and the base power is mainly what they need to do. It's the only class, when excluding the "Not Custom Ragrants or Zonde Type 0" techs that all need massive buffs...with fire only needing partial. A lot of other classes need damage nerfs, not buff everyone to the same level as they keep trying to do.

And in all honesty, they REALLY need to make the DB also use T-atk. For multiple reasons, if only, for one, to give a tad more power to Bo techs when charging for boots via affixing/mag, and to take a bite out of the massive need for s-atk affixes that the whole game needs. There's 8 weapons that need s-atk when ignoring pets. 9 if you count using switch strike with JB. Compare that to 4 r-atk and 3-4 t-atk weapons and you can see where the issues lie. And out of mentioning the uses of each affix for each class, that's 4 classes that could use s-atk, 3 that can use r-atk, and 3 that can use t-atk, when excluding the wild card of Su, so units still suffer.

Just make switch strike also work for switching DB to s-atk for everyone that already affixed s-atk to their bouncer equipment. Eventually you can phase it out when everyone has gotten all new weapons and units.

Put basically, there's a lot of issues with Bo... And rings are not gonna fix them unless they're broken like T-JG.

Great Pan
Nov 1, 2016, 07:03 PM
We should have Photon Blade Fever Escape, that should fix BO from being a bad class.

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 1, 2016, 08:04 PM
In a game that's currently a DPS race(Maybe mother will take more than the scenery from Loser, and make a boss battle that's more clever), that does very little than just make a super tank that is still bested by another class who does the exact same thing, but for more DPS.

Just...give a general boost to PA damage...that's what a lot of of these buffs just need to be. Sure there are some passives that need to be changed up, like bullet keep applying for sub class and all ranged weapons(Hell they can make a damn ring for that, if they have to act that way), but it's mostly the base damage that's questionable.

Altiea
Nov 1, 2016, 08:10 PM
They really make everyone question why they don't just play Fi/Hu Knuckles each update.

Funny you should mention this, I pretty much never play Fighter at all. I only started getting into it because I picked up an Orbit Knuckles from a TD4 a while back.