PDA

View Full Version : Conduct Rules

risaxseph
Nov 3, 2016, 01:09 PM
Hi,

So I have a really off the wall question for people who actually understand Japanese; I have asked before about the official and unofficial stance about non-JP residents playing the game and officially SEGA WILL ban you but unofficially they dont really care so long as you dont cause trouble and maybe give them money. Considering this; being a generally decent person aside are there an official list of conduct rules? One of the reasons I ask this is a friend and I whom are very close but live far from each other... get in to things... I worry that this might eventually end in us being crushed by SEGA out of purely being a foreign "baddie" for daring to play their game. Does anyone have any information on this; can people shed some light on SEGA's rules and what is accepted and what is not. As in my previous thread this is sort of a policy question; the last time I made a thread like this it was derailed with opinion and troll-baits so please this is a discussion about policy and actual rules... I ask that it be kept to that.

wefwq
Nov 3, 2016, 01:20 PM
There's no "exact" rules, just use some common sense don't be "that guy".

SEGA only said any connection coming from overseas is simply "prohibited", as this also mean usage of VPN/Proxy or simply playing from outside of Japan is a no-no.
However, they won't ban you as long as there's no one reporting you for whatever reason.

Outsider like us are expected to keep our behaviour in check, just don't be rude, loud, cheating or fraud. It's simple as that.

TehCubey
Nov 3, 2016, 01:57 PM
General conduct rules:
-Don't use hacks (obviously), they can get the whole MPA in trouble
-Don't leech by AFK following or otherwise not helping the MPA
-Don't join parties of strangers unless they're fine with it, at least say "yoroshiku" (in Japanese) if you do
-Don't spam autowords on /a, especially autowords with cutins

The two latter points aren't as serious as the former, they won't get you reported but are still frowned upon.

Special rule for gaijins:
-Limit English autowords in /a and talking in English in /a in general. You being there is an open secret everyone knows about, but that doesn't mean your very presence should proclaim loudly "look at me! I'm not Japanese! I only talk in english!" every step you take. Once again this probably won't get you reported unless you meet a very anti-gaijin person, but Japanese players do find it obnoxious and it makes the EN community look bad in their eyes.

Zysets
Nov 3, 2016, 02:23 PM
-Don't spam autowords on /a, especially autowords with cutins.

To be fair, this is just generally annoying, regardless if you're a foreigner or not.

Just don't be rude and don't call too much attention to yourself. Usually, what annoys JP players is probably also annoying to English speakers as well, generally speaking.

TehCubey
Nov 3, 2016, 02:29 PM
Yes, that's why the rules I mentioned are for general conduct, regardless of whether you're a foreigner or Japanese. It's only the last part that is for gaijins only.

Pyrei
Nov 3, 2016, 05:04 PM
General conduct rules:
-Don't use hacks (obviously), they can get the whole MPA in trouble
-Don't leech by AFK following or otherwise not helping the MPA
-Don't join parties of strangers unless they're fine with it, at least say "yoroshiku" (in Japanese) if you do

The two latter points aren't as serious as the former, they won't get you reported but are still frowned upon.

Special rule for gaijins:
-Limit English autowords in /a and talking in English in /a in general. You being there is an open secret everyone knows about, but that doesn't mean your very presence should proclaim loudly "look at me! I'm not Japanese! I only talk in english!" every step you take. Once again this probably won't get you reported unless you meet a very anti-gaijin person, but Japanese players do find it obnoxious and it makes the EN community look bad in their eyes.

this + don't use multiple VPNs to play, could trip auto ban system this includes pso2 and pso2es, proxies are mostly safe

Vatallus
Nov 3, 2016, 09:41 PM

I've blacklisted so many people from my old team because of this. For every damn thing they had a cutin autoword set for it. Enjoy seeing their face for the whole run if you don't blacklist them. The other big english team on Ship 9 also has this issue, but not as bad as the one that is SEA oriented.

What makes it worse is some of them are Team Managers/Managers.

CoWorker
Nov 3, 2016, 10:51 PM
but not as bad as the one that is SEA oriented.

dont remind me on that, i have a buddy who was a ranger and he cant aim WB properly on EQs cuz everybody with their mother is spamming cut-ins on everything.... then they blamed him for being a crappy ranger ಠ_ಠ

Hysteria1987
Nov 4, 2016, 04:38 AM
Enjoy seeing their face for the whole run if you don't blacklist them.I'd quite like a frequency setting for autowords, so you can set it reeeeal low. That way you could actually use them without the spamming that has to go with it now.

I don't see the window spam as much as I used to, but the really funny thing was, they usually didn't come with any actual autowords - it was just their face, endlessly spinning in circles as they did their obligatory katana flips.

What makes it worse is some of them are Team Managers/Managers.I don't really think of em any differently than any other player. I don't see it like an IRL job where you (should) have to be managerial, anyone and their dog can set up a team or make their friend a manager.

But while we're at the rules of etiquette, this may be obvious but go light on the symbol spam. Every now and so often I'll run into a small group of people who'll mash their anime symbols into the void - and it's always anime symbols too. Variety pls :-(:-(:-(

You can get away with a little public English in the lobby - a one-liner asking for a game or something won't cause any issues. Getting a response is another thing, but there's no issue in a one-liner or so.

Yamishi
Nov 4, 2016, 07:58 PM
One of the reasons I ask this is a friend and I whom are very close but live far from each other... get in to things... I worry that this might eventually end in us being crushed by SEGA out of purely being a foreign "baddie" for daring to play their game.

I feel no one has explicitly addressed this, but if it means what I think it does, then no, you don't have to worry. PSO2 has different chat channels (public, party, team, whisper) so if you use whisper to talk directly to that person, it's highly unlikely anything negative could happen, since all chatting will stay between you and them. Just be sure to make that person use whisper as well, lest they publicly broadcast their response. :P

SteveCZ
Nov 4, 2016, 08:53 PM
Ah... this illegal immigrant issue again. Remember, we aren't supposed to be there in the first place, so talking about how we should behave isn't valid in the first place. Just be nice and expect your other friends to be nice as well. You can't control the others but only yourself in this one. Blacklist the ones you don't like / annoyed you.

Worrying about SEGA banning us, well... most of us are still here since the beginning... so... I guess nothing to worry about yet.

The rules are simple community rules; don't cheat so SEGA don't get into you. Behave so people don't report you. Just like any other community rules, lol. Honestly though, AFAIK, it's the foreigners themselves that like to report each other, so yeah. :D

Keilyn
Nov 4, 2016, 09:20 PM
"Please be civil and do not cheat"
Seven Words that explain this entire thread...
...and people say my posts are wall of text!

Shinamori
Nov 5, 2016, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't go far as to called illegal immigrantion. It's really there to protect them from overseas lawsuits and such. If Sega really didn't want us there, they would have done something.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 5, 2016, 05:35 AM
Them making an official statement that they don't mind us being here, would gather a shitload of attention from all around the world so it's better for them to shut up about it for the sake of all us gaijins and themselves. And in all honesty, thank god for captcha for filtering a lot of clueless brainless idiots from playing this game.

GHNeko
Nov 5, 2016, 06:03 AM
Them making an official statement that they don't mind us being here, would gather a shitload of attention from all around the world so it's better for them to shut up about it for the sake of all us gaijins and themselves. And in all honesty, thank god for captcha for filtering a lot of clueless brainless idiots from playing this game.

...arks layer has a very helpful guide on defeating the "captcha boss" lol.

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2016, 06:12 AM
Them making an official statement that they don't mind us being here, would gather a shitload of attention from all around the world so it's better for them to shut up about it for the sake of all us gaijins and themselves. And in all honesty, thank god for captcha for filtering a lot of clueless brainless idiots from playing this game.Early in the game's lifetime Sakai seemed kinda excited about the foreign players. As far as I can tell the change to the ToS was basically, like Shinamori said, justto avoid lawsuits and avoid having to deal with foreign player support when weeding out all the skript kiddies that were running around.

...arks layer has a very helpful guide on defeating the "captcha boss" lol.You'd be surprised how many people are really bad at doing things themselves even with instructions...

SteveCZ
Nov 5, 2016, 06:15 AM
I wouldn't go far as to called illegal immigrantion. It's really there to protect them from overseas lawsuits and such. If Sega really didn't want us there, they would have done something.

The agreement is very clear that we aren't supposed to be there, regardless of what their motives are. What you're saying is like, oh it's okay to work without a work visa in another country as long as that country doesn't do anything to us about it.

I'd rather not try to justify that I am okay to be there, even if I'm still alive in that game. That alone helps me to know my place and excessively careful to play there to say the least.

Zysets
Nov 5, 2016, 11:34 AM
This is more of going to someone's house uninvited than illegally immigrating into a country. I won't justify my playing of the game against the ToS, but that's kind of.... extreme. This is a video game.

risaxseph
Nov 5, 2016, 01:41 PM
So another thing to point out here... Anyone using Google Wallet to pay; SEGA KNOWS you are not form JP so it is like what people have said... This is likely just to prevent super-bads from joining the game and to prevent legal issues on SEGA's end. My questions were being asked so that people (including myself) can prevent getting banned for breaking some arbitrary rule that is in Japanese that we are unable to read because we are not fluent in the language. My previous thread from long ago about the legalities of foreigners playing or people who lived in Japan at one point but moved is not relevant to this discussion as it has already been established multiple times that SEGA ignores us and if they REALLY HATED outsiders they would have mass-banned everyone LONG LONG ago. Their foreign policy is there to protect them and the legitimate Japanese players from bots, unreasonable amounts of RMT from Chinese American Gold Farmers and the general disorder entitled insane whiny 13 year old westerners cause.

EDIT: Another note on the whiny westerners thing... All western people have an entitlement problem YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO BE HERE... You are a guest at SEGA's privilege... that is something that should always be remembered. That is why I ask these questions; I know I am a guest and as such I am entitled to nothing. I am here cause they let me exist; the same goes for anyone outside of Japan.

Sizustar
Nov 5, 2016, 02:29 PM
So another thing to point out here... Anyone using Google Wallet to pay; SEGA KNOWS you are not form JP so it is like what people have said... This is likely just to prevent super-bads from joining the game and to prevent legal issues on SEGA's end. My questions were being asked so that people (including myself) can prevent getting banned for breaking some arbitrary rule that is in Japanese that we are unable to read because we are not fluent in the language. My previous thread from long ago about the legalities of foreigners playing or people who lived in Japan at one point but moved is not relevant to this discussion as it has already been established multiple times that SEGA ignores us and if they REALLY HATED outsiders they would have mass-banned everyone LONG LONG ago. Their foreign policy is there to protect them and the legitimate Japanese players from bots, unreasonable amounts of RMT from Chinese American Gold Farmers and the general disorder entitled insane whiny 13 year old westerners cause.

EDIT: Another note on the whiny westerners thing... All western people have an entitlement problem YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO BE HERE... You are a guest at SEGA's privilege... that is something that should always be remembered. That is why I ask these questions; I know I am a guest and as such I am entitled to nothing. I am here cause they let me exist; the same goes for anyone outside of Japan.

Sega can block foreign IP, like they do for their other online game CLOSERS, them not blocking foreign IP for PSO2 is most likely request from the PSO2 team and Sakai, all of whom have stated previously that they know there are foreign player playing the game, and are suprised at the number of people playing it.

Vatallus
Nov 5, 2016, 02:31 PM
I guess I have an entitlement problem now.

Zysets
Nov 5, 2016, 02:44 PM
Sega can block foreign IP, like they do for their other online game CLOSERS, them not blocking foreign IP for PSO2 is most likely request from the PSO2 team and Sakai, all of whom have stated previously that they know there are foreign player playing the game, and are suprised at the number of people playing it.

Yeah I've tried to play some of Sega's other online JP games, like the JP version of Chaos Heroes Online, but they all seem to be IP blocked. It's definitely the doing of the PSO2 team, they could honestly just IP block us and they would be justified in doing so, so I really appreciate that.

risaxseph
Nov 5, 2016, 06:38 PM
I guess I have an entitlement problem now.

Should have stated MOST not all cause there are people who are not self-entitled ba***rds

SteveCZ
Nov 5, 2016, 08:25 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to know that there will be a freaking lot of ignorant foreigners acting like they own the game, if people keep trying to justify or at least think that we are okay to be there. It's only logical. They aren't aware of the main rule, why would they aware of ours? :-?

The awareness is so bad, that I remember someone said "English please" when I speak Japanese in the lobby (I guess this is the 3rd time I tell this little story cause there's just so many threads like this). Not that this guy isn't nice or whatever, but the fact that this one person may not know that it is a JP server, I can only imagine some others who are the same, but aren't nice players.

So we can worry all we want, cause these folks will forever exist. If SEGA decided to not like these folks and affects us too, there's just nothing we can do, whatever speculations we make. Thank goodness though, we are still here.

It's best to just stick on ourselves and, hopefully, our own network (friends) to behave nicely.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 5, 2016, 08:33 PM
Sounds like the PSO2 team and Sakai pretty much realised for a long time that there are foreigners out there who enjoyed the game, really appreciated that they didn't put an IP block from the rest of the world, he cares in a silent way. I remember that someones asked Sakai about DDOS and asked whether there will be an IP block, Sakai said an IP block would solve nothing. I guess he knows his stuff. The SEA Ip block block was pretty much unavoidable since Shitsoft themselves asked for it, and SEGA business wise couldn't really refuse it.

Keilyn
Nov 5, 2016, 08:52 PM
Alternative for SEGA is that all the foreigners leave...
and PSO-2 dies. :)
Not much of a choice.

I wonder how much of those 'Unique IDs" in their 4.5 million ID celebration are non-japanese IDs.
I bet you its a large number.

Zysets
Nov 5, 2016, 09:21 PM
Not much of a choice.

I wonder how much of those 'Unique IDs" in their 4.5 million ID celebration are non-japanese IDs.

I highly doubt that PSO2 would die without foreigners. Even on Ship 2, the so called unofficial english language server, there's still a majority of Japanese players, especially during peak JP hours.

We're not big enough to kill off the game if every foreigner disappeared, that's ridiculous. I guess this is what was meant by "westerner entitlement".

TehCubey
Nov 5, 2016, 09:50 PM
Not much of a choice.

10/10 joke, would laugh again.

I'd be surprised if even 5% of PSO2 players are non-Japanese. That's just going by number of players - if you go by money spent, the ratio is skewed even further.

BTW, thinking "we're such a substantial part of the game's base, Sega WANTS us in the game as opposed to merely tolerating our presence because that's their fancy" is yet another part of that EN player entitlement issue that was discussed earlier in the thread.

DeadEscape
Nov 5, 2016, 10:10 PM
Not much of a choice.

Yeah no shit, did you not see the International PVs for PSO2 on TV from past years? My fucking god everyone in my office is playing PSO2 now and the whole school I was abroad at forces everyone to play PSO2 for credits now. I can firmly say out of 450m ID 449m are non-japanese.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 5, 2016, 10:33 PM
Not much of a choice.

One of those reason why I still can't take you seriously.

The PSO2 team quietly accepted that foreigners enjoy the game and are tolerant about it and its nice, that's all there is to it.

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2016, 11:52 PM
I guess I have an entitlement problem now.Yeah it sucks, I guess we just have to accept that we can't comprehend anything not being for us.

yoshiblue
Nov 5, 2016, 11:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gptim5W.png

Sizustar
Nov 6, 2016, 02:52 AM
Not much of a choice.

Less then 10000k, I'd say

After the DDOS, when PSO2 switched server from Amazon to Yahoo Japan, and Yahoo Japan haven't set up their IP correctly, blocking the majority of none japanese IP...

PSO2 number didn't change much, even ship 2, with only block 20 being really affected, for english player total number, I'd say maybe fill out maybe 1 block and half of premium.

Zysets
Nov 6, 2016, 12:58 PM
Being one of the lucky few who could play normally during Yahoo's connection problem, I can tell you that the game didn't change that much at the time. There were less english names around, but population really wasn't hurt at all. Maybe more westerners could have joined since, but i doubt it's more than Sizustar's estimation.

MightyHarken
Nov 6, 2016, 01:30 PM
Less then 10000k, I'd say

After the DDOS, when PSO2 switched server from Amazon to Yahoo Japan, and Yahoo Japan haven't set up their IP correctly, blocking the majority of none japanese IP...

PSO2 number didn't change much, even ship 2, with only block 20 being really affected, for english player total number, I'd say maybe fill out maybe 1 block and half of premium.

1 block and half premium? really? You must be kidding me. You can't possibly think we only fill 1 1/2 blocks.

Sonichi
Nov 6, 2016, 01:42 PM
1 block and half premium? really? You must be kidding me. You can't possibly think we only fill 1 1/2 blocks.

I'd say 1 1/2 blocks average throughout the day, with people coming and going would be fairly accurate actually. Ignoring the denizens of B1 that is.

Keilyn
Nov 6, 2016, 03:13 PM
Glad my query didnīt result in a flamewar..
But I wasnīt meaning English...
I meant globally. Not just English Speaking...

Also, the ones who stick to PSO2es as well...

risaxseph
Nov 6, 2016, 03:43 PM
We're not big enough to kill off the game if every foreigner disappeared, that's ridiculous. I guess this is what was meant by "westerner entitlement".

Exactly one of my concerns and why I want to make sure those of us who care about being here and WANT to be with the JP players are not thrown out the door becuase of the group that either does not care or is too entitled. Some of it is seen in this thread in later posts. Thanks to those that have done what I asked and not made this a debate about opinion. We are guests; unwelcome guests as far as SEGA JP is considered. That much is fact; just becuase the PSO2 Team allows us to exist does not change that. As a result of this I fall back in my previous statement "We are entitled to nothing."

starwind75043
Nov 6, 2016, 04:29 PM
Random musing on this subject.

Were not that big of faction in the game so please dont think that. Generally speaking as someone whos joined a few parties of Japaneses players using very limited Japanese and english....they are aware that were there. So as long as your not being "that guy." they pretty much could care less about what were doing.

Does it seems like English community views the Japaneses community as a bunch of right wing nationalist? Thats the impression i get a lot in these types of discussions.

Dephinix
Nov 6, 2016, 04:33 PM
We had a lot more English speaking players on Ship 2 before DDoS, and still quite a few after the pathways were fixed. I would go as far as to say we made up 35% of the population, that ship alone. It wasn't until PS4 release that I really noticed such an increase of JP players. Now I would believe we only make 10%. Though those PS4 players are... questionable. They seem to love to talk in area chat, spam cut-ins, and spam SAs. :lol:

risaxseph
Nov 6, 2016, 05:58 PM
Does it seems like English community views the Japaneses community as a bunch of right wing nationalist? Thats the impression i get a lot in these types of discussions.

I don't; we are just not entitled to anything with them cause our being there is a violation. It has nothing to do with the country as a whole's mindset just like games that are restricted to specific regions in other countries or with other publishers. It is a policy thing; that is what most of my threads are asking about.

Zysets
Nov 6, 2016, 06:25 PM
Random musing on this subject.

Were not that big of faction in the game so please dont think that. Generally speaking as someone whos joined a few parties of Japaneses players using very limited Japanese and english....they are aware that were there. So as long as your not being "that guy." they pretty much could care less about what were doing.

Nah, I think people just want to avoid doing something wrong to burden the native players. I play with a JP player I met during an EQ a few months back fairly regularly. They're very kind, and their friends have been very open with me and have even tried chatting with me in english when they join us, which makes me a bit worried, because I don't want to be holding anyone back, be a nuisance, etc. because I'm not fluent in Japanese. Like was said before, we're basically uninvited guests that most people don't mind. At least that's my case.

Off topic, but I only met them because my character is supposed to be Karen from PSU, and their character was Mirei, love of the same game can really help break the ice regardless of language barriers, haha.

SteveCZ
Nov 6, 2016, 09:10 PM

Lol no. I really don't think this topic has any relation to this. It's just about worrying ourselves being banned for not behaving knowing we are just "guests" according to the op. I believe this discussion will not be here in the first place if we are legal to be in this game cause we have rights, again, if we're legal to be in the game.

If you talk about how people get annoyed to each other regardless of their views, I think that happens to all games with whoever players from all over the world.

Keilyn
Nov 7, 2016, 01:30 AM
Do I consider myself as an illegal in Japan while playing PSO2?

The answer is no.
The law clearly states in the Telecommunications Act in precedence (established in 2001, 2003, 2007 and 2015) that entering an online server in another nation does not make the individual an illegal in that nation. National Laws to many nations state that an illegal alien must have a persistent, physical presence within their borders to be judged as such. The Internet is an American Technology that has Net Neutrality in place. However, Net Neutrality has never extended to the citizenship status of the individual in any such case. In cases of direct violation of the law, the person is to be tried directly to the laws of the nation that they live in. In some case, extradition to a foreign nation occurs due to political ties and the stringent clause.

The International Courts also observe that an individual online in a foreign or alien nation maintain physical presence in their domestic nation, and therefor are using the technology (the internet) within the laws of the nation itself.

The United States does not have a law that says I am not allowed to log into a foreign server, regardless if its IP BLOCKED or not. We have far more serious laws that deal with what shall happen if we try to hack, sabotage, or penetrate foreign property (Its a felony and some cases are capital offenses).

Japan DOES HAVE A LAW stating that individuals are to maintain themselves in their region and not leave such a region. Laws apply to the citizens of the nation, not foreigners and aliens who are logging into a server ran by those nations. This means, that if you ever met a Japanese person online connecting from JAPAN to the UNITED STATES, by their laws they are NOT ALLOWED TO CONNECT out of their region. The same is true for CHINA, but far more severe. Chinese are NOT ALLOWED to connect outside of China unless foreign and alien businesses have a localized site to China. This does not stop people from actually wanting to reach out and answer the question "How do others in the world actually live and act?"

The truth is that these laws exist, but are not actually enforced in favor of enforcing the more important laws.

So am I an illegal because I play PSO2?
The answer is NO! ..and the law defines why.

So what would constitute an illegal alien playing PSO-2?
Let's see...

I sneak into an Alien Nation, and find a nice Wi-Fi spot that is non-intrusive.. and I log into PSO-2.
NOW I can say I am an illegal alien in playing PSO-2 if I did that.

Some people love to argue politics.
I can care less about politics.
I only care about the law and its precedence.
If I want to challenge the law, I look at its precedence and try to use that as a challenge.

SteveCZ
Nov 7, 2016, 02:06 AM
Huh? By the game's agreement, bound by law, if you are playing in Japan, then you are okay to play the game, whoever you are. If you are playing from outside Japan, then you can't play the game. It's clear and not debatable. It also states that you should not use a private network (VPN, whatever) located in Japan to accommodate your connection from outside Japan.

You can either press Agree or Decline, and when you press Agree, you acknowledge yourself to be located in Japan. if you're not but still pressing Agree, then you breach their agreement, and that's clearly illegal. That doesn't need a long text to explain. Lol.

DeadEscape
Nov 7, 2016, 02:43 AM
Huh? By the game's agreement, bound by law, if you are playing in Japan, then you are okay to play the game, whoever you are. If you are playing from outside Japan, then you can't play the game. It's clear and not debatable. It also states that you should not use a private network (VPN, whatever) located in Japan to accommodate your connection from outside Japan.

You can either press Agree or Decline, and when you press Agree, you acknowledge yourself to be located in Japan. if you're not but still pressing Agree, then you breach their agreement, and that's clearly illegal. That doesn't need a long text to explain. Lol.

My Keilyn Nation does not have any law about Japanese online game so this game's agreement you speak of has no value here and so are the "agree" or "decline" thing ehehehaha.

risaxseph
Nov 7, 2016, 02:56 AM
My Keilyn Nation does not have any law about Japanese online game so this game's agreement you speak of has no value here and so are the "agree" or "decline" thing ehehehaha.

Though if you really want to play this from that angle they could ban you for violating their agreement. When they ban you; then you have a lawyer on your behalf at your own expense defend you and take the issue to court proving to them you have legitimate claim to use their service but by that point if you took them to court over that they would just IP block everyone. This thread is about being civil and about following their rules so we can continue to play; what you said above though is why I asked in a previous thread if someone was living in Japan at some point or has family there and has a legal right to things Japanese becuase they LIVE or LIVED in Japan and never got a clear answer. Some of this though is so outside of the realm of the normal user that if you or I really want to plead our case at that level getting a fully written out letter in Japanese filed as a ticket explaining our case to SEGA would be the only way to get an official response to our specific case. So my thread here today is just asking general conduct and if there is an actual code of conduct for this game specific situations are just that... Specific and thus outside of the nature of a PUBLIC forum.

Vatallus
Nov 7, 2016, 08:47 AM
I've been in a japanese streamed MPA a few times... so yeah. Not banned. Neither have been any of my teammates that were in them.

You generally don't get banned unless you are being that guy. Though one person on my team got banned for multiple accounts. That is a thing but usually takes someone else reporting you for it.

Though let's be honest. I don't play on Ship 2. Though I would tell you if you don't care about playing with english speakers I would say avoid Ship 2. Also avoid Ship 8 because the japanese there actually do hate foreigners.

SteveCZ
Nov 7, 2016, 09:41 AM
I've been in a japanese streamed MPA a few times... so yeah. Not banned. Neither have been any of my teammates that were in them.

You generally don't get banned unless you are being that guy. Though one person on my team got banned for multiple accounts. That is a thing but usually takes someone else reporting you for it.

Though let's be honest. I don't play on Ship 2. Though I would tell you if you don't care about playing with english speakers I would say avoid Ship 2. Also avoid Ship 8 because the japanese there actually do hate foreigners.

From stories I heard, it's the foreign players (players outside Japan) themselves reporting their own. They got banned and cannot unlock their accounts nor asked the reason because they can't speak Japanese, nor unable to get the expected response, Lol. Just stories, I don't know if it's true or not. :-P So people may wanna start behaving on each other first, more than towards the natives. :D

He talks about law when he doesn't even bother reading the most basic thing: the agreement. The joke is on him.

Vatallus
Nov 7, 2016, 12:43 PM
From stories I heard, it's the foreign players (players outside Japan) themselves reporting their own. They got banned and cannot unlock their accounts nor asked the reason because they can't speak Japanese, nor unable to get the expected response, Lol. Just stories, I don't know if it's true or not. :-P So people may wanna start behaving on each other first, more than towards the natives. :D

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Even on Ship 9 the two big English teams here are toxic. Now I know Japanese players have drama also but man when you can actually read it. The Team Managers aren't much better either. One is a huge troll and the other thinks everyone that plays the game to a competent degree is a try hard.

Anyway, I haven't had any issues with the Japanese here. Not even once in the couple of years being here. Our random MPAs are also rather good from what I've been told by people that run on multiple ships. Though that might be due to our ships lower population. Maybe only the people that actually want to play the game stayed around. Of course during boost weeks and when trying to level up characters that gets thrown out the window.

One of my teammates got me into a private japanese streamed MPA a few times for Challenge Mode and some EQs. They know I was English and couldn't speak Japanese but gave me no problems. They let me into the group and everything. Was pretty neat to be honest. A lot of fun listening to their stream trying to listen to them pronouce english names and words... while my friend was trying to speak in japanese back to them lol. Though I heard they were also disappointed with EP4 and started to hit up FF14 again.

tl;dr - I don't know if it is because we can actually speak to each other or not, but I've had a lot more problems with English speakers over the Japanese. Most people just want to play the game.

NightfallG
Nov 7, 2016, 10:54 PM
Early on I expected to catch static from JP players, but I've only ever caught static from non-JP players generally thinking they're entitled to rando bumblefuck into an unlocked party. Kind of weird how expectations work.

Keilyn
Nov 8, 2016, 04:45 AM

"All Contracts are Agreements, but not all Agreement are Contracts."

You do understand the purpose of a VPN + Proxy is to create a presence in another region right? In fact, I doubt you have ever read the (EULA) to an actual VPN or Proxy, which are far more stringent than any video game EULA I've read. The ones I use have been INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED. ^_^

There is no violation because I have established a presence in Japan prior to playing the game itself. In fact Telecommunications allows the establishment of a presence. The only thing I am barred from doing is using a VPN/Proxy maliciously. Logging normally to another computer through the use of "Username" + "Password" at local, state, national, and international levels does not meet the burden of proof on committing a malicious act even if I use a VPN to get by a Region-Block.

Being told in an EULA "You are forbidden from using any VPN or Proxy to access our game" has no legal standing, even if I click "I agree" such would be a failed prosecution as nothing civil, nor criminal exists in the matter. In fact, such a declaration is often ignored because it violates laws in other sectors that are far more serious.

Interpretation of the law is not THAT EASY!

Like my professor in law said (who taught us and came directly from Harvard Law) on Day 1
"Your knowledge of the law wouldn't even fit the tip of the middle finger you so proudly wave!"

Of course I also loved

"My fart has more depth and mental volume than anything your puny minds can conjure"

That professor was amazing :) Always made me laugh! ^_^ ...because he was super serious, super funny... and I learned a fuckton from that guy... especially to watch out for ghosts!

SteveCZ
Nov 8, 2016, 06:28 AM
Sigh. Keilyn oh Keilyn. You keep shooting yourself down. Is it hard to say that you are wrong and say sorry? I'm not judging you in any way, it's just a game.

Whatever justification you do, if you are outside Japan, by the agreement, bound by law, you are not legitimate to play the game. You are supposed to press decline which closes the application right away. If your account gets banned for reason of breaching their agreement (which they should have prove you are playing outside Japan) and you don't like it, you can't sue them to get that account back cause you don't have rights in the first place. Capiche?

I believe, even the mod guys for this game understand this issue very well that they put this super, extremely common disclaimer: "Use at your own risk". Why? because they know their tools may breach the freaking EULA which risks everyone's account who uses those tools, and the users is expected to realize that risk.

This Keilyn guy is also the reason why, for the sake of being on topic, you guys should keep decent for yourself, and hopefully your friends. Because this Keilyn guy does not know he's illegally playing the game and you CAN'T conduct rules to his kinds.

Just realized, why do I have to explain this simple thing to you? This will be one last time that I take your post seriously, cause I know some people here already laughed at me to reply your posts.

Dhylec
Nov 11, 2016, 12:38 AM
Sorry OP; I think the main question is answered long before the 3rd page. Let's stop here before this get derailed any further.