PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Plot Emilia: What's Her Deal? New Guest Appearance Format?

AzureBlaze
Nov 5, 2016, 12:45 AM
So...What's up with PSU's Emilia & Vivienne?
PSO2 has had loads of these "other universe" so-to-speak character cameos before. However, these 2 are WAY different. They've got a batch of voiced cut-scenes, tons of click thru normal dialogue & a bunch of quests to do with some ok prizes so far. This is much, much more new content for them than any other of these cameo people have had since the game began.

Previous ones like Nagisa or something...she'd be like "Wheres my thing" dispense 2 quests so you get her partner card, then she's like "Couldn't find my thing oh well" and goes away at the end of her little limited period. It's an inconsequential to anybody/nothing of plot thing just meant to garner attention as a flashy cameo.

But now, the Emilia one is so big that I've GOT to wonder what they're saying?
This is like a whole little chapter of plot going on?
Obviously, the translation helper team won't touch this. It would be pointless because they disappear on December Whatever. But, is there any way to get the gist/summary/whatever of this cameo event? Google translate is.......not really so hot, and you cant use it to translate the "Pick an option" boxes before you choose one (I think I offended her)

Do you think it's a good thing to have meatier / hopefully more-sense-making* cameos like this?

*I am assuming it makes at least a little sense. They need a material from the desert, a energy rock from skyland and to put it in a ship in the tundra, but other than that (like why do they argue with each other?) I can't tell.

TheszNuts
Nov 5, 2016, 12:58 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?231944-Episode-4-Story-Discussion&p=3402508&viewfull=1#post3402508

AutumnChronicle
Nov 5, 2016, 12:59 AM
Just check out the Episode 4 discussion thread. Zeroem has kindly posted a summary there.