PDA

View Full Version : Can't really seem to pass Heaven and Hell

KakuRoze
Nov 8, 2016, 01:28 PM
Hi,
I recently got back to playing PSO2 after some time away from it, just to find that I cant enter Any of the populated blocks because of the 704 error. After some googling, I realized I have to beat the new Training mission in order to enter those.

However, no matter how I try, I cant seem to take the 2nd stage of it. So my question is, is there any other way? Or any tactics that work? Cause I really am having issues with it.

75 classes with (prior to leave) decent gear:
Ranger (Invade Canon +10 [Potential lvl 1], Refaise +10 [Potential lvl 3])
Primarily used to Launcher.

75 classes with some gear
Hunter
Braver (Gen Oboroyo +10, Nox Lexio +30 [Potential lvl 2])
Force

Rest is meh.
Armor is Ideal Set.

I die like a fly.

Non the less. Is it pointless for me to continue playing? Cause there is really no one at all to play with on other blocks....

//Kind regards.

ashley50
Nov 8, 2016, 01:37 PM
You need to try harder.

Them choosing floors 1 thru 5 was already a generous prerequisite compared to the later floors.

Sizustar
Nov 8, 2016, 01:39 PM
Watch playthrough of other people's playthrough of those stage to get an idea on what they do?

Xaeris
Nov 8, 2016, 01:50 PM
You have Braver and Hunter leveled to 75. Br/Hu pretty much autopasses this set.

TyroneSama
Nov 8, 2016, 02:07 PM
Upload a video of your attempts. Focused feedback is easier when we can see exactly what you're doing wrong.

ZerotakerZX
Nov 8, 2016, 02:22 PM
Yes, BRHu, with Katana Mortal Kombat makes even floors 5-10 a breeze if your gear is a least somewhat decent. Just make sure you cool it down before straning each floor. And if its out and floor is still not cleared, put Massive hunter on. Spam gurrent tessen like its no tommorow
If it still fails, check your build.

Altiea
Nov 8, 2016, 02:35 PM
Just forget everything you know about fighting what you're fighting in Solo XQ; you just want maximum burst damage. BR/HU, Katana Combat for every stage is a legitimately viable strategy.

Also, you can check this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?231734-Solo-Extreme-Quest-Q-amp-A-Tips-and-Strategies

If you really can't let go of Launcher, buy L/L Non Weak Bonus and grind it to +20. This basically gives Launcher perma-WHA, which is about an ~1.82x increase to Launcher damage.

KakuRoze
Nov 8, 2016, 04:53 PM
I do about 200-700k damage with divine launcher, about 4-11k with cosmos breaker, normally. but in this mission, I'm lucky to get 1k hits, same with one point. About 4-20k per hit on a week spot on normal bosses, but here, max 1k, and with katana, only about 20k per gurrent tessen.

Here is most of my build.
Weapon: https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62185/86747
Armor:https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62183/67834
Braver Skills: https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62187/67296
Hunter Skills: https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62186/18316
Mag: https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62184/12741

PS. cant really record myself playing, don't have the programs to do it.

Charmeleon
Nov 8, 2016, 05:07 PM
It sounds like you're failing the stage orders and getting your weapons resisted. I believe the first one requires not taking damage, so just around around or use Katana Combat to get it done safely to deal full damage on the next stage.

I also recommend ditching s-atk ups on the hunter tree to get Automate Halfline and Massive Hunter instead. You'll practically never die with Automate if you have it. They requires 3 points in Guard Stance to spec into, but do not requires using Guard Stance to use. Some advanced players will use Automate-less trees for certain things, but having at least one tree with Automate is a must.

IchijinKali
Nov 8, 2016, 05:18 PM
I do about 200-700k damage with divine launcher, about 4-11k with cosmos breaker, normally. but in this mission, I'm lucky to get 1k hits, same with one point. About 4-20k per hit on a week spot on normal bosses, but here, max 1k, and with katana, only about 20k per gurrent tessen.

Here is most of my build.
Weapon: https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62185/86747
Armor:https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62183/67834
Braver Skills: https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62187/67296
Hunter Skills: https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62186/18316
Mag: https://www.ridorana.se/snapshots/i/62184/12741

PS. cant really record myself playing, don't have the programs to do it.

So many problems with this it is kinda funny.
Alright first problem Katana is not max ele and I guess the pot is shit since all you did with the dumb thing is just +10 it. In short either get a better katana, like a live katana, and max it or max that one's ele.

Can't even tell what those units are or what their affixes are.

Braver skill tree is fine except for why did you put a point into invincibility frames for dodging instead of maxing Average S Charge?

Hunter on the other hand did you never ask for build help because blegh that is scary to think other players might be doing that as well. Since you seem to be bad at staying alive reset your whole tree and use This (goo.gl/FeMNar).

Mag that thing should've already reached lvl 200 satk long before you reached 75/75.

Also you better not be using your bow at all unless you are using kamikaze because your bow is worthless for r-atk focused PAs.

blood13666
Nov 8, 2016, 05:46 PM
we got the same braver tree XD but hunter tree I dont get why you chose to not take iron will + never give up for s-atk buffs......also question why your mag isn't lvl 200 too like other did :S buy some photon sphere with your 10 stars weap from gatsu then buy X-ATK mini from the photon drop shop(3 mini for 1 sphere)

suggestion wise I ended up doing it as Te//Hu on my side for guard stance reduced dmg + techer tree deband buff(gryphon lightning bolt at the end was almost a 1 shot even with that build though....and bonta bearadda in stage 4 hit like truck even with defensive buff

as Ra//Gu farthest I gotten to was stage 4(big mistake was to trigger all bonta bearadda to attack me in that room the only 1 time I go there as Ra//Gu)...kill the other mobs b4 hitting the bonta or be rdy to kiss good bye(warning for ya if you get to that point)......my total attempt were 110 pass burnt as Ra//Gu and 15 pass burnt as Te///Hu.......Ra//Gu is pretty solid for stun locking all bosses...but Gigur Gunne-Gam is 1 major problem if he use his mad slashes attack.....need to time dodge perfectly for that :S.....and his feets are resistant to R-Attacks :S.... as Br//Hu its an easy block on the other hand

well.....Te//Hu choice got great survival but the dps is so low its ridiculous :S.....probably do the Br//Hu option as other suggested to keep up the great dps and ur hunter tree def need a remake for iron will over those s-atk points....err...gotta cut this post here..friend waiting me for dailies co

Droid803
Nov 8, 2016, 05:50 PM
Here are all the stage orders for reference

Floor 1: Take no damage for 30 seconds
Floor 2: Defeat 3 enemies from the front
Floor 3: Break 3 Parts on Diabo (any 3 of Left Wing/Right Wing/Horn/Tail)
Floor 4: Defeat 5 Bonta Bearadda hitting its weak point
Floor 5: Defeat Summer Rappy within 30 seconds (this one doesn't matter since it is the last floor of the set)

Floor 6: Defeat 2 enemies by hitting their weak point
Floor 7: Do not die
Floor 8: Do not heal for 100 seconds (Automate, J Reversal Cover, Healing guard, Life-drain/autoheal weapons, and Mag Heal can be used)
Floor 9: Take no damage for 60 seconds
Floor 10: Defeat [Profound Darkness] from the front (this one doesn't matter since it is the last floor)

Eternal255
Nov 8, 2016, 05:53 PM
Stage 4 and 5 are cake, soon as you pass stage 3 you're golden. Stage 3 is the hardest one as you need to fight Diablo and a rare Blu. I suggest taking the Blu out first to make it easier.

If you're failing on stage 2, however, you need to work on your battle skills. Those are all 1v1 fights so they should be incredibly easy. Pick a class that can parry, perhaps that will be easier?

Your gear is fine. I just beat it for my friend with his incredibly undergeared lvl 75/58 Br/Hu with ease, so its definitely a skill thing at this point. Go fight some tough bosses solo and work on developing techniques for survival and such.

Worse come worse, buy some scape dolls haha

PS. Iron Will + NGU helps a lot.

TehCubey
Nov 8, 2016, 06:03 PM
Make sure to clear stage orders, as they make the fights much easier - and failing them makes them much harder. The exception being stage 3, stage 4 is easy enough so it's fine to focus on just making sure you clear stage 3 at all rather than also doing the order at the same time.

Enemies in this XQ deal a lot of damage, but they also have reduced HP compared to usual. The important thing here is knowing which body parts you can break to stun the foe, and doing that quickly, basically stunlocking the bosses to death.

It's all about getting into the rhythm of battle, knowing what appears when and what you can do to kill or otherwise neutralize it before it becomes a problem.

You don't need better gear than what you already have. People cleared this quest with worse items.

IchijinKali
Nov 8, 2016, 06:16 PM
Alright next we are going to move onto tactics since you seem to not know how to play BR/HU properly.

First and foremost Katana Combat, KC, thanks to your build you have a whole 20s of invulnerability which for a BR/HU is plenty of time to completely wreck or severely break anything. Make sure to deactivate it manually instead of letting it run out on its own,

First floor. YOU CAN'T FAIL. Unless you for some reason can't dodge slow ass Nyaus by giving them the run around for 30 seconds.

Second floor you could almost get away with countering every attack considering most attacks those three dish out are pretty easy to read. Knight gear's only annoyance is when he flings his shield which if you react fast enough you can get out of the stun before he can strike. Dragon EX counter everything til he gets stunned then just Sakura his face repeatedly rinse and repeat as necessary. Gig just wail on his right foot til he does one of his Ice platform attacks and then focus on that face with sakuras.

Floor 3 the floor many people don't know the trick to. The mobs represent the boss that will show up if you kill all of that type. In short kill the darker mobs first and then waste ringda fast. If done quickly enough there should be at least one of the other mob left kill it and now diablo will appear. Break the three parts and then kill him.

Floor 4 simply put the darkers don't attack til you do so if you don't want a onslaught of fists to the face that WILL kill you then I suggest going one at a time after you kill the kurons.

5th floor welcome to the other easy one. Gal is super easy just get your gear activated and then KC he should be dead or close to it by the end.

Loveless62
Nov 8, 2016, 06:43 PM
Honestly, with maxed Automate Halfline, you could more-or-less just brute force your way through Solo XQ floors 1-5 even without any gear adjustments, as long as you are at least careful enough to not run out of healing.

You have a decent health pool, but some bosses have attacks that may be able to OHKO you, like some of Dragon EX's or Gunne's megastab. You will have to learn to watch out for them. There are timed abilities for Solo XQ that boost HP if you are willing to push to learn the recipes. They may be able to push your HP high enough to remove the danger from those attacks.

I, for one, can understand the S-atk mag not being maxed if Ra is your main class, but certainly keep working at it. Adding skill rings may help. A utility ring like Jump Reversal would be good for left ring, since the katana left rings are mediocre at best. Perfect Keeper Striking would make a good right ring.

Great Pan
Nov 8, 2016, 07:19 PM
Spam Deadly Circle and call it a day.

oratank
Nov 8, 2016, 07:54 PM
equip gunslash and preform stargazer call it a day.

Keilyn
Nov 8, 2016, 08:40 PM
Since Challenge Maps are pretty much a Tic-Tac-Toe Grid.
Here is something on positioning that I conjured up.

[spoiler-box]
http://www.smashmybrain.com/pso2ss/cml.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

ArcaneTechs
Nov 8, 2016, 10:15 PM
You have Braver and Hunter leveled to 75. Br/Hu pretty much autopasses this set.
thanks to this HU/SU scrubs and others not using viable classes combos (and ppl who use non main class weps like Swords as HU/SU) are starting to slowly ruin the "pro" blocks.

however bad JP players are still leaps better than bad Eng players, you can go play in non prp blocks if you want to know what i mean during EQs like PD or PI

Vatallus
Nov 8, 2016, 10:40 PM
There is a video of a HU/SU tanking his way through Heaven and Hell. It made me puke.... let me see if I can find it again. I just want to let anyone know who hasn't done or beaten Heaven and Hell yet. His damage numbers look "high" because of the Heaven and Hell weapon modifers. If he was a Fury Stance build he'd probably do x5 more damage. (Hu/FI or Hu/Br)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9RXieYKHEQ

Keilyn
Nov 8, 2016, 10:48 PM
thanks to this HU/SU scrubs and others not using viable classes combos (and ppl who use non main class weps like Swords as HU/SU) are starting to slowly ruin the "pro" blocks.

however bad JP players are still leaps better than bad Eng players, you can go play in non prp blocks if you want to know what i mean during EQs like PD or PI

Of course!
Bad JP players can:

~Read the game in their language
~Gain Support in their language
~Go through official channels for everything
~Have the Ping Advantage
~Don't have to worry or fear of getting banned just for playing...
~Have more access to their own people and good players to talk to.

So not a fair assessment.

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 9, 2016, 12:32 AM
So many problems with this it is kinda funny.
TBH it's not that miserable. It's wrong...definitely, but that Hu tree is something I would do...but the idea is I also tend to know how to dodge well enough to not need IW and when I die, well, that's all on me for acknowledging how great it is and choosing not to use it. I would also only use it on my bouncer, not a Fi/Hu 'w';

Step on Braver is ok, the s-atk is not.

ohpz
Nov 9, 2016, 12:42 AM
There is a video of a HU/SU tanking his way through Heaven and Hell. It made me puke.... let me see if I can find it again. I just want to let anyone know who hasn't done or beaten Heaven and Hell yet. His damage numbers look "high" because of the Heaven and Hell weapon modifers. If he was a Fury Stance build he'd probably do x5 more damage. (Hu/FI or Hu/Br)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9RXieYKHEQ

Heh, this video is proof that a trial needs a few criteria to actually be effective.

1) A time limit. Something that shows that you can at least do an amount of DPS before the time expires.

2) One life. This would be to show that you can survive the encounter while maintaining enough DPS to finish before time expires. Automate would be fine, but no scape doll spamming.

3) It would have to be done on each character, not once per account. No finishing it on your main then running hard content with alts.

A good example of this would be from an ARPG I played for a while: Marvel Heroes. They added a "cosmic difficulty" to a few 10 man zones that ended up with failure on about 90% of the boss waves (you get 5 minutes~ to defeat 3-5 bosses and the number of players in the area increases their health by about 80%~ per person). This was caused by newly level capped and under geared players trying to go into a more rewarding difficulty level that was designed for veteran / well geared players. It wouldn't be uncommon to see 6~ people get one shot then just sit there waiting for the bosses to die so they could release then run back to collect all the drops.

Shortly after (and after a ton of complaining about leechers) they added a "cosmic trial" that you couldn't cheese your way through. You either did enough damage and could avoid / tank the hard hitting mobs/bosses of the trial and could defeat them in under 3 minutes, or you failed. After it was implemented, the new difficulty felt easy. A lot of people weren't able to do it initially and had to work on their gear / builds to pass it. It wasn't 2-3 people trying to carry 7-8 others anymore but 10 people actually contributing, not dead over in a corner. Then to top it all off you had to do it on each hero that you wanted to get into that difficulty level (game has something like 59~ heroes, though you'd only probably 'main' a few. Plus the game has a system similar to Diablo 3's paragon levels which increases your entire accounts power level, so if you could do it on one you could likely do it on any of them). It definitely served its purpose better than the joke of a trial that this game currently has.

With the average times of Ult Amdu creeping over 10 minutes on elite blocks, even though there are still a few drops I want from there, I've pretty much given up on it (I want to get at least 3 runs on a RDR boost). It seems like 90% of the player base has passed 1-5 H&H at this point, as runs of EQs seem the same as before 'pro blocks' were a thing. I'm back to doing DOs, TACOs, plus Team Orders and not even bothering with pug EQs and Ult anymore. The only 6-8 minute runs I see involve those godly support TEs zondeel + megiversing everything into neat groups for everyone to destroy. :D

ArcaneTechs
Nov 9, 2016, 02:23 AM
Of course!
Bad JP players can:

~Read the game in their language
~Gain Support in their language
~Go through official channels for everything
~Have the Ping Advantage
~Don't have to worry or fear of getting banned just for playing...
~Have more access to their own people and good players to talk to.

So not a fair assessment.
yawn come back when youve got better pointers here, outside bans and home connection advantage, eng players have the same thing offered, they just choose not to learn.

anyways back to skipping over your posts whenever i see them

Kondibon
Nov 9, 2016, 03:08 AM
yawn come back when youve got better pointers here, outside bans and home connection advantage, eng players have the same thing offered, they just choose not to learn.

anyways back to skipping over your posts whenever i see themI know we all hate Keilyn and everything, but those are honestly all pretty good points. Japanese players have a lot more easily accessible resources. Seriously, look at all the out of date guides for builds and EQs in english.

Sonichi
Nov 9, 2016, 07:26 AM
With the average times of Ult Amdu creeping over 10 minutes on elite blocks, even though there are still a few drops I want from there, I've pretty much given up on it (I want to get at least 3 runs on a RDR boost). It seems like 90% of the player base has passed 1-5 H&H at this point, as runs of EQs seem the same as before 'pro blocks' were a thing.

Regardless of what SEGA does, these requirements only keep people out for so long. I just don't believe a "leecher free" (so to speak) environment is possible in this game. That and SEGA doesn't want to hurt the feelings of either party. We'll get another band-aid fix of 1~5 new solo XQ when it releases I'm sure.

ohpz
Nov 9, 2016, 07:45 AM
Regardless of what SEGA does, these requirements only keep people out for so long. I just don't believe a "leecher free" (so to speak) environment is possible in this game. That and SEGA doesn't want to hurt the feelings of either party. We'll get another band-aid fix of 1~5 new solo XQ when it releases I'm sure.

Sadly, the classes aren't really balanced enough for a more difficult trial. The current one is faceroll easy on some class combinations and probably rather difficult for others so I wouldn't expect a more difficult trial for elite(r) block access.

I'd be curious to see what classes people would be in pugs if the game limited you to the class combinations you beat the trial with on the elite blocks.

Keilyn
Nov 9, 2016, 08:44 AM
@Kondibon

People can hate me for whatever illegitimate reason they conjure up.
They can even wish to murder me if that makes them feel better about themselves.

This issue on language is the exact reason why "Lau vs Nichols" occurred in 1974. The decision rendered was that "Equal Education is not Fair Education" due to language barriers. The case truly proved just how severe a language barrier plays on the academic and social growth of an individual.

PSO-2 is an Online Game native to Japan, and we are seeing exactly what was argued in court on what happens to people in the presence of a language barrier when it comes to having equal and fair access to resources.

Thank you for not flaming me to pieces. ^_^
I appreciate it.

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 9, 2016, 12:03 PM
@Kondibon

People can hate me for whatever illegitimate reason they conjure up.
They can even wish to murder me if that makes them feel better about themselves.

This issue on language is the exact reason why "Lau vs Nichols" occurred in 1974. The decision rendered was that "Equal Education is not Fair Education" due to language barriers. The case truly proved just how severe a language barrier plays on the academic and social growth of an individual.

PSO-2 is an Online Game native to Japan, and we are seeing exactly what was argued in court on what happens to people in the presence of a language barrier when it comes to having equal and fair access to resources.

Thank you for not flaming me to pieces. ^_^
I appreciate it.

I just feel the need to point out, in this person's defense, that we kind of lost our biggest source of information lately, one that was also massively out of date. Even if you don't believe that there's any issues in terms of community and the like, we do lack a proper resource site in English.

And then there's players who are not even English speaking. I've seen a lot of terrible terrible Spanish players. One's who clearly don't know what's bad, how to play well, etc. My friend and I have an in-joke about the word Gracias because some awful Spanish player used /a with a cut in with "GRACIAS!" as their revive message, and I think healing...and buffing....

Now if Sp had a community of any relative size to us, they would know that /a in your autowords is just not acceptable, to take iron will for Hu sub, and probably get proper gameplay tips on how to play katana. The information is technically there, but google translate is...not the best, and where they could go out and seek info, they're unlikely to come across how awful /a in your autowords is for the community.

I have legit no clue why Sega thinks allowing for /a in autowords is a good idea when even they seem to frown upon it.

KakuRoze
Nov 9, 2016, 03:34 PM
I was just asking for advice. I am maining a class that is very difficult to use against fast bosses. And I'm playing with varying ping 400-4000 ms ping, normally in this game, this has not been an issue, and while the damage counter was still working, I know I performed fairly well in team plays, 1-4th place dps wise, 2M to 6M damage, in most emg missions. So I dont think I was just leeching, I have also put around $1000 into my account. That being said, all the bosses in the XQ in question is those that I have particular problems with. The shield boss in stage 2 is fairly hard in long range mode cause of its god damn stun shield. The Ex-dragon does a lot of fast, wide area attacks, that is a pain to deal with with launchers, cause of their stationary attack pattern, and Mugatsu is severely hard, to me, cause of its auto aim and mid-attack direction changes.
Righanda is possible, but still hard. Also, most Launcher and rifle attacks is AOE or semi-AOE, which means that its very hard to hit single targets.

The new XQ clearly favors certain classes like crazy, with its resistances and weaknesses.

I am trying my best to learn Katana just to take this shit, but if it proves too hard, I'll just drop PSO2 after about 2 years of active premium.

It feels like a dejavu of my time in Blade and Soul. One of the latter bosses, mandatory for progression, was immensely hard on certain classes, and a walk in the park for others. I'm just not really fond of that type of game design... I play PSO2 because I like the game, and because the game was NOT really forcing you to have a team nor even a party. But I guess that has changed to the worse...

Altiea
Nov 9, 2016, 03:43 PM
I was just asking for advice. I am maining a class that is very difficult to use against fast bosses. And I'm playing with varying ping 400-4000 ms ping, normally in this game, this has not been an issue, and while the damage counter was still working, I know I performed fairly well in team plays, 1-4th place dps wise, 2M to 6M damage, in most emg missions. So I dont think I was just leeching, I have also put around $1000 into my account. That being said, all the bosses in the XQ in question is those that I have particular problems with. The shield boss in stage 2 is fairly hard in long range mode cause of its god damn stun shield. The Ex-dragon does a lot of fast, wide area attacks, that is a pain to deal with with launchers, cause of their stationary attack pattern, and Mugatsu is severely hard, to me, cause of its auto aim and mid-attack direction changes.
Righanda is possible, but still hard. Also, most Launcher and rifle attacks is AOE or semi-AOE, which means that its very hard to hit single targets.

The new XQ clearly favors certain classes like crazy, with its resistances and weaknesses.

I am trying my best to learn Katana just to take this shit, but if it proves too hard, I'll just drop PSO2 after about 2 years of active premium.

It feels like a dejavu of my time in Blade and Soul. One of the latter bosses, mandatory for progression, was immensely hard on certain classes, and a walk in the park for others. I'm just not really fond of that type of game design... I play PSO2 because I like the game, and because the game was NOT really forcing you to have a team nor even a party. But I guess that has changed to the worse...

Buy L/L Non Weak Bonus? There's no reason for a RA to not have that Ring if you main Launcher.

You're right about one thing, H&H hates RA. But it's not impossible, it just takes more effort because of the WB nerf. If you don't think you can handle single targets, you could try mass mobbing and try to eliminate as many enemies as possible in as little attacks as possible.

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 9, 2016, 04:23 PM
TBH, you should of looked up why it was so broken with Hu sub in the first place before jumping on the train. Ironwill and automate alone will make any Hu main/sub have the easiest time. Add in Katana's 20 seconds of invulnerability, and you got a good chance to pass all stage requisitions while surviving.

And in all honesty, if Katana is resisted, just try using some Hu weapons that are usable by braver, if you reskill to give them their gear passives anyway. Not the easiest to use, but one might click with you, and is hopefully not resisted as well.

Personally, I passed the Solo XQ a while back with just Hu/Fi charging around with sword. So I can contend that it's a very good choice for it. It's guard action and good, no-horizontal movement PAs also means that it's easy to stay in front of a boss. It can also handle Diabo and Blu Ringahda very well, even if it's not the fastest.

One thing people don't know is that Diabo is less aggressive if you break it's horn. You should aim to kill the darkers first to spawn Blu Ringahda, then kill it while avoiding killing the nab mooks, and then try to break the horn while Diabo is doing it's entrance. You'll probably fail to destroy it in time but any damage you can do to it before it gets going will make things easier. With Katana, it's best to go defensive till you can katana combat again.

That's usually the main point people fail on. After that, if you still have a half doll left, you should be perfectly fine.

oratank
Nov 9, 2016, 06:32 PM

lol you know you can spam scape doll until you win :P

Kr1zalid
Nov 9, 2016, 06:33 PM
Hope this helps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhC24P0rQfA

abidias
Nov 9, 2016, 06:36 PM
It's possible to finish the 1-5 stages with Gu/Ra ?

Droid803
Nov 9, 2016, 07:00 PM
It's possible to clear all of solo XQ with all "standard/meta" class combinations (and a good number of other ones).
Some are just easier/more forgiving than others.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 9, 2016, 07:18 PM
I know we all hate Keilyn and everything, but those are honestly all pretty good points. Japanese players have a lot more easily accessible resources. Seriously, look at all the out of date guides for builds and EQs in english.

agree to disagree

besides it needs a team of ppl dedicated and willing to do it and what from the sounds of of it that guy barely had any help and was just spending money or whatever for something that rarely got expanded on. same with other wikis that died within a months time.

donations only go so far and sketchy to me so thats barely worth bringing up

google translating swiki isnt too bad and if its confusing you ask in the quick questions thread or whatever site your frequenting.

Having a wiki on bumped (or connected etc) would be nice and easy but i guess you need a whole extra group of ppl for that to happen but what do i know nothing

blood13666
Nov 9, 2016, 08:01 PM
KakuRoze......don't use launcher....too risky against fast boss...as for bossing pa...use One Point for Rifles......I heard of Type 0 Parallel Slider to be good but I have yet to get mine craft to try it out..........if you got a 13 stars rifle you should be able to stun lock all bosses by part breaking them.....Gigur Gunne Gam aside...he,s resistant to r-atk + beware his dangerous slashes attack when he's under 50% health

Droid803
Nov 9, 2016, 10:01 PM
Parallel Slider 0 is pretty amazing for strafing/kiting in general.
You can move at essentially full running speed while continuously outputting One Point level DPS. There is even a good second of iframes when you first start the PA allowing you to use it to "parry" incoming attacks (that is, avoid the attack while doing damage in return), as a Ranger!

For example, if you just parallel slider in one direction you can clear stage 9 of Heaven and Hell XQ effortlessly. Same with [Profound Darkness] - the attacks track so poorly that you can simply strafe continuously one direction and finish off the hardest-hitting enemy in Heaven & Hell without ever being in danger of being hit.

TehCubey
Nov 9, 2016, 10:29 PM
OP, I just ran Heaven and Hell XQ 1-5 as a Ra/Hu. Ranger is not a class I played recently nor am well equipped for, which means I had to use a crappy 11* rifle and my s-atk units. Yet, after a few tries I still did it.

It's true that some classes (and by some I mean Br) have an easier time in this XQ, but that doesn't mean others can't do it. All you need is practice and not to give up. Your Ranger gear is much better than mine so I'm sure you'll succeed.

A few observations that you may find helpful:
-Craft Parallel Slider. Do it, and use it. It's very good, allowing simultaneous constant damage and getting out of harm's way.
-If you die a lot, a Hunter sub will help. Forget the base +s-atk parts of the skill tree, invest in Iron Will or Automate Halfline instead. Maybe both if you want to feel extra safe.
-Since no stages have the enemies become weak (or resistant to) rifles, and only stage 4 has them be weak to launchers, clearing stage orders is not as important for a Ranger as for other classes. I suggest doing it anyway, they are not much harder than just clearing the stages normally.

KakuRoze
Nov 10, 2016, 12:03 PM
-Craft Parallel Slider. Do it, and use it. It's very good, allowing simultaneous constant damage and getting out of harm's way.

How do I craft things like that? I've only ever done weapon extensions.

TehCubey
Nov 10, 2016, 12:21 PM
PA Customization option from the crafting menu

Pyrei
Nov 10, 2016, 01:15 PM
ok lets see here.... there's 4 things to solo fights that the solo XQ sorta tests you on, gear, build, surroundings/handling different groups, and strategy/skills.

summary of spoiler boxes
1. ditch current weapon, get a アギリ or a nox katana NT and make sure its 50 light element
2. Dont change your build, its fine, add SP to avg stance charge, 1 point in rapid shot, 1 point in war cry, healing guard, sword gear, partisan gear.
3. pay attention to surrondings and what exactly spawns, every enemy has its own attack patterns and weakpoints, learn them, keep in mind how the class/weapon youre playing handles mobs and bosses.
4. braver has more than guren tessen, some of the PAs katana has synergize extremely well with katana combat, katana combat multiplier reaches 1800% with 50 hits

[SPOILER-BOX]1. ditch current weapon, sad to say I myself used to use that same katana and at 60 light element I compared it to my 12* magatsu katana I had at the time, a 60 light one of those katanas only beat magatsu katana by 2~3%, which means your 30 elem katana hits for about the dmg of a maxed 10* or less. if you have 12* passes left get a アギリ or a nox katana NT and make sure its 50 element, both are new types and are easy to get and make and will beat your current katana (especially since there's almost no way to get that katana now). you units will do for time being don't worry about replacing them but crafting them for HP wouldn't hurt if you feel you need more HP. Mags are painful to level so level it if you can but the 73 satk missing from it is not a big deal at this time.[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]2. DONT change your build, I looked at it carefully and I use the same set up, your trees are currently around ~85 of 89 SP used, so make sure you add 1 sp to avg stance charge, 1 point at least in rapid shoot and war cry, healing guard, sword and partisan gear on hunter. I would not get automate half-line or iron will as katana braver generally doesn't need them, for those saying it does I say you should learn to block or dodge and not face tank everything :x as that's not what good bravers do lol, you have 20 seconds of invincibility and one of the best parry actions in the game, really don't need more survival tools generally, that said this "generally" that I speak of does not include stages 6-10 and ult lilipa solo as you may need automate for those (though plenty still don't bother with it even there) if you REALLY feel you need automate/iron will to get through this XQ make sure to reset your trees back to what you had before later as that 250 extra satk from both braver and hunter's trees really helps out with your damage when using high end weapons later.[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]3. With any class knowing how to face different groups of mobs and bosses is a necessity, as well as what keilyn said about positioning, this game is very easy to get blindsided in and that kills a lot of players, keep in mind that unlike most places in the game, XQs have ZERO cover, nowhere to run or hide so learning various monster's attack patterns and weakpoints really pays off in surviving skills. All that said katana braver is a class that specializes in mob slaying, not saying it can't kill bosses but bosses take a while with katana braver, that being said, avoid dealing with more than 1 boss as katana braver at all times, and if you are forced to take on multiple bosses concentrate on the weakest boss(s) first as things might end up being very chaotic when the worst one is angered. luckily for this XQ there's only 1 stage that can have more than 1 boss on field, and this can be prevented by killing only the darkers in stage 3, then killing ringa, THEN killing any remaining birds and proceed to breaking diabo.[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]4. lastly there are lots of skills and combos in the game for each class that no one knows about or talks about. most players know the basic things about braver like how guren tessen is braver's primary PA for most targets. but braver has more than just guren tessen, sakura endo is great for single targets, kanran kikiyo is really great for trash mobbing and hatou rindou is great for bosses. Also most players only use katana combat defensively, remember that tic-tac-toe grid keilyn mentioned? braver is the only class in the game that can enter the center of that grid (or become the center of that grid with war cry) and decimate everything in it within that 20 second time frame(excluding bosses, will piss a boss off though unless boss is only target around). how you ask? this is how katana combat finish works, during katana combat, the game counts all of the hits you land on any target and adds % to the multiplier of katana combat finish, it caps at 50 hits which gives a crazy 1800% (300 from skill, 1500 from hit count) power bonus to combat finish. how do i get 50 hits in a measly 19~ seconds you ask? the answer depends on what you are fighting, got a swarm of mobs surrounding you? use kanran kikiyo on them, the more mobs around you the better, with kanran each mob around you is hit twice and the animation is quick enough to spam it and quickly build hit counter. now you ask, thats all well and good for mobs but what about bosses? use hatou rindou, no not sakura endo/guren tessen/shunka shunran, I really mean hatou rindou. why? hatou is a quick pa much like kanran kikiyo that hits single targets hard several times per PA but only from a distance which is its blessing/curse (a lot of players dislike hatou for this reason as its very different from pretty much every other PA) this can be spammed just like kanran till you're out of PP, then you auto attack to refill your PP, after that back step twice and JA the 2nd step into more hatou until time for finish. this cripples bosses, with decent gear this can kill any non raid SH boss quickly, this also does a fairly good job of clearing out nearby mobs as well. [/SPOILER-BOX]

MightyHarken
Nov 10, 2016, 02:09 PM
I did heaven and hell from stage 1-10 as ra/hu, first of all, let me instruct you in your skill tree. Why the hell s atk 1-3 ? Please remove these points and add them to massive hunter and flash guards automate and 1 pt in iron will.

An invade weapon does nothing for a ranger, so change that to something decent.

I did these quests when they first came out in the game so I don't remember exactly how I did it but here are some quick kill strategies for boss killing.

1 when you face the catedrans and vol dragon you need to use massive hunter and be quick and wb at least one of the catedran heads and EA it, if you're strong enough it shuld die with 1 hit, repeat the same step for the second catedran. Now break vol's tail without wasting another wb, save it for dps; once it's down wb one of his wings and SC it to death.

Wait in the next stage to regen your massive hunter. I don't remember what other bosses spawn, but I think there's also a room with blu ringada and diabo. Basically use your wb to break both rings, now use massive hunter, wb blu's head and SC it to death.

Altiea
Nov 10, 2016, 02:35 PM
I did heaven and hell from stage 1-10 as ra/hu, first of all, let me instruct you in your skill tree. Why the hell s atk 1-3 ? Please remove these points and add them to massive hunter and flash guards automate and 1 pt in iron will.

I did these quests when they first came out in the game so I don't remember exactly how I did it but here are some quick kill strategies for boss killing.

1 when you face the catedrans and vol dragon you need to use massive hunter and be quick and wb at least one of the catedran heads and EA it, if you're strong enough it shuld die with 1 hit, repeat the same step for the second catedran. Now break vol's tail without wasting another wb, save it for dps; once it's down wb one of his wings and SC it to death.

Wait in the next stage to regen your massive hunter. I don't remember what other bosses spawn, but I think there's also a room with blu ringada and diabo. Basically use your wb to break both rings, now use massive hunter, wb blu's head and SC it to death.

Caterdra'an/Vol is Stage 6. Nove Ringdharl/Diabo is Stage 3.

MightyHarken
Nov 10, 2016, 02:41 PM
Caterdra'an/Vol is Stage 6. Nove Ringdharl/Diabo is Stage 3.

Oh shit lol. I absolutely forgot everything about heaven and hell. Alright if someone here reminds me what bosses spawn I can give tips

Altiea
Nov 10, 2016, 03:10 PM
Oh shit lol. I absolutely forgot everything about heaven and hell. Alright if someone here reminds me what bosses spawn I can give tips

Stage 1 is 6x Nyau
Stage 2 is Knight Gear/Dragon Ex/Gigur Gunnegam
Stage 3 is trash mobs/Nove Ringdharl/Diabo
Stage 4 is Kuronians/Bonta Beradha
Stage 5 is Rappies/Gal Gryphon

KakuRoze
Nov 10, 2016, 04:25 PM

Well, I gave up on ra/hu and those trees is for katana, not rifle.

MightyHarken
Nov 10, 2016, 05:38 PM

Sad to hear that.

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 10, 2016, 07:23 PM
agree to disagree

besides it needs a team of ppl dedicated and willing to do it and what from the sounds of of it that guy barely had any help and was just spending money or whatever for something that rarely got expanded on. same with other wikis that died within a months time.

donations only go so far and sketchy to me so thats barely worth bringing up

google translating swiki isnt too bad and if its confusing you ask in the quick questions thread or whatever site your frequenting.

Having a wiki on bumped (or connected etc) would be nice and easy but i guess you need a whole extra group of ppl for that to happen but what do i know nothing

This really isn't a case of "I think", it's a case of "What is". There's a difference between saying "I think we should dance for exercise" and "This glass is 2/5th full" after a person measures it out to show it's 3/5th. ._.;

Anyway...

TBH, dropping one class late game for another completely is gonna screw you over. Yes, Gurren is baby mode, but it's also not gonna score you ridic numbers like you might have seen others do.

And they're not saying to drop the s-atk for ranger based things, they're telling you that you, in all honesty, wasted points on meager boosts when you could have things that will buff your survival AND DPS more than a few bit of s-atk that you can honestly just affix with a few extra mil. This isn't the standard RPG where stats and the same repeated few skills win the day, you have to think about the actions performed as well.

And in the case of Heaven and Hell, you also need to stay alive. It's something the rest of the game could honestly adapt.

SteveCZ
Nov 10, 2016, 10:55 PM
First rule is don't fail any stage. If you can't get through a stage, get automate halfline. If it's still not enough for you, get units with HP. Learn other people's videos to get the timing of enemy spawn so you know when to use your PAs and katana combat.

Btw don't just spam things (PA, atk, mate, etc). You use things cause you know why you use them, so you know how many PP required for your game style, when you do normal attack, etc. The reason why I say this is cause the enemy spawn is always the same. So you can use the same tricks you find out there.

... and max your mag ...

Zorak000
Nov 11, 2016, 01:58 PM
you can fail diabo's stage I think; killing it is hard enough without needing to go out of your way to break 3 out of the 4 parts. it's easy if you are geared to the teeth and fought many Diabo back when people were running Ultimate Nab to know how to fight it. plus the stage afterward could mess you up if you deal too much damage in one hit to the bears

This quest does take a level of skill and understanding of the game to beat; even the cheesing strategies need you to know what you are doing, and more importantly why you are doing them

or you can go level up summoner and cheese it with that; just don't run out of pets or die to Alter Ego Accidents!

KakuRoze
Nov 12, 2016, 08:27 AM
I've been trying for the last couple of days, but I die like a fly on the Dragon in stage 2, and if I miraculously survive through it, I die even harder on the diablo. And since I'm running out of EX passes, I'll most probably drop this game. This kind of forced hardships was not why I started playing PSO2 so I dont see why I should continue if they take the game in this direction.

Blocking/Parrying is almost out of the question for me, I have never been very good at it, which is why I play long range mostly. But XQ completely screws long range over.

The only option that seems left to me is to load the account with a shitload of money and use dolls like crazy.

Kondibon
Nov 12, 2016, 08:38 AM
I mean... do you even need to join the expert blocks? You don't seem like the kind of person who would be doing high level endgame stuff anyway.

blkbox11
Nov 12, 2016, 09:56 AM
This kind of forced hardships was not why I started playing PSO2 so I dont see why I should continue if they take the game in this direction.

My honest suggestion to you at this point is just to forget it and remember why you play this game. If it's not for challenging content and efficiency, then like Kondibon said, you don't need to join the Expert Blocks.

Sonichi
Nov 12, 2016, 09:58 AM
I've been trying for the last couple of days, but I die like a fly on the Dragon in stage 2, and if I miraculously survive through it, I die even harder on the diablo. And since I'm running out of EX passes, I'll most probably drop this game. This kind of forced hardships was not why I started playing PSO2 so I dont see why I should continue if they take the game in this direction.

Blocking/Parrying is almost out of the question for me, I have never been very good at it, which is why I play long range mostly. But XQ completely screws long range over.

The only option that seems left to me is to load the account with a shitload of money and use dolls like crazy.

It sounds like it would be better for you to quit, if you cannot learn the basic principles of action combat in this game. Nobody started out amazing at this game, but people put time into learning the combat, when to time a step/roll, when to JG/Parry. It's all down to getting used to it, trying to tackle this quest head-on with no practice is probably why you can't survive.

You could wait like, 2 weeks I think? Until Heaven and Hell becomes a 1-pass cost quest, if passes are hard. And you could use those 2 weeks learning a weapon, it's PAs and how it's dodge functions. Put some effort in, get some reward out. You being unable to pass this quest does mean it's doing it's job though, you aren't ready for XH, let alone the expert XH blocks if you don't know the basic mechanics and patterns of the bosses contained within the quest.

This quest is more of a test in how much someone actually "pays attention and plays the game" than a hardship. You don't have to be a self-proclaimed pro at this game to do well at the combat, you don't even need to heavily invest in things like affixing, you just need an understanding and some reflexes (even though dodges, parries and JGs are very generous in this game).

elryan
Nov 12, 2016, 10:07 AM
inb4 SEGA raised the Expert Block entry bar by making the last stage of this or next Solo XQ to be the requirement of the Expert Block entrance.

The Expert Block is getting crowded these days. SEGA should just raise the bar to Floor 10 clear for giggles. Should be fun watching people being instagibbed by Six Council / Anga / Dio Hunar / PD

Blocking/Parrying is almost out of the question for me.

IMHO that is the minimum basic for actually granted entrance to Expert block.

Even if you try to cheese out the quest using Katana, you'd go splat without decent parrying skills.

KakuRoze
Nov 12, 2016, 10:14 AM
My honest suggestion to you at this point is just to forget it and remember why you play this game. If it's not for challenging content and efficiency, then like Kondibon said, you don't need to join the Expert Blocks.

Why I play this game? Cause I think its fun and previously had a, for me, decent difficulty level. The EQ quests are fun and Collecting clothes is fun. The Challenge Blocks are also quite fun.
I however, do Not play this game for the challenge. I play it do advance and do more damage, which is what I find fun. And tbh, up until now, there really was not much of a challenge, and for the things that was, I could always bring some friends. None of us are especially good at dodge/block, but we managed together.

Also, why you play expert blocks? As I mentioned earlier, the non-expert blocks are almost empty, so if you want to do EQ, which I do, then Extreme blocks is the only option, more or less.

In any case, I solved it by using about 1500 AC on dolls.

Almost all skills I'm used to is either slow charging and/or stationary.
End Attraction and One Point for Rifle
Divine Launcher and Cosmos Breaker for Launcher. Divine launcher does between 50k and 700k per hit charged, and Cosmic Breaker about 15k-40k per hit.
The only skill of those that I can actually move during use is One Point, That being relatively hard to aim. Also, I'm always running in "FPS-mode" as ranger. I cant cope with the auto-targeting :3

Sonichi
Nov 12, 2016, 10:14 AM
inb4 SEGA raised the Expert Block entry bar by making the last stage of this or next Solo XQ to be the requirement of the Expert Block entrance.

The Expert Block is getting crowded these days. SEGA should just raise the bar to Floor 10 clear for giggles. Should be fun watching people being instagibbed by Six Council / Anga / Dio Hunar / PD

This is what we need, but won't get. SEGA don't want to upset the super-turbo casual playerbase who don't even play EQs half the time.

elryan
Nov 12, 2016, 10:18 AM
This is what we need, but won't get. SEGA don't want to upset the super-turbo casual playerbase who don't even play EQs half the time.

Hey it might just happen. They just threw us a ridiculously retarded EQ that not only hard but cheap on so many levels. (Zeta Guranz nuking a tower then flying away is hilarious though).

Ultimate Amduscia is pretty cool too, although more on the relaxing side.

Need people to be more filtered if they're going to throw us more harder things like that.

Why I play this game? Cause I think its fun and previously had a, for me, decent difficulty level. The EQ quests are fun and Collecting clothes is fun. The Challenge Blocks are also quite fun.

I however, do Not play this game for the challenge. I play it do advance and do more damage, which is what I find fun. And tbh, up until now, there really was not much of a challenge, and for the things that was, I could always bring some friends. None of us are especially good at dodge/block, but we managed together.

Also, why you play expert blocks? As I mentioned earlier, the non-expert blocks are almost empty, so if you want to do EQ, which I do, then Extreme blocks is the only option, more or less.

Bullshit. Non-expert blocks are relatively full (at least 2 XH blocks are always full whenever an EQ appears).

I'm glad you're on Ship 9 because I sincerely hope to never party with you in-game. People like you that throw cash into a game until it lets you win are cancers to MMORPGs and the reason Pay-to-Win games are so rampant.

Kondibon
Nov 12, 2016, 10:18 AM
This is just a suggestion, but try getting some more hp. ~1.7k is enough to avoid getting oneshot in most situations, but I see so many people running around with 1k or less then wondering why they're dying so easily.

And I know you're probably never going to touch it again, but it's worth mentioning that the mobs in the XQ are their changeover versions with lower hp and higher damage. That's why they tend to hit so hard compared to other stuff and it's so easy to burst them down.

TehCubey
Nov 12, 2016, 10:28 AM

Divine Launcher and Cosmos Breaker for Launcher. Divine launcher does between 50k and 700k per hit charged, and Cosmic Breaker about 15k-40k per hit.
The only skill of those that I can actually move during use is One Point, That being relatively hard to aim. Also, I'm always running in "FPS-mode" as ranger. I cant cope with the auto-targeting :3

So you've decided to ignore all advice given in this thread or forfeit any attempts at getting better and instead bought your way to victory.

Fair enough. Next time someone else has a problem with this XQ, I'll know not to bother.

This is just a suggestion, but try getting some more hp. ~1.7k is enough to avoid getting oneshot in most situations, but I see so many people running around with 1k or less then wondering why they're dying so easily.

That's way more HP than what you can feasibly get without tanking your damage output.

Kondibon
Nov 12, 2016, 10:37 AM
That's way more HP than what you can feasibly get without tanking your damage output.Who cares about your damage output if you're getting oneshot every 2 seconds? :wacko: And it's really not. If you're good enough to not need the hp, then yeah it would be a waste, but I can't imagine someone who's dying constantly being able to do more damage during the time they're alive than the combined damage had they not died and someone didn't have to stop to revive them. :I

EDIT: For the record I'm talking about with the guts drink. Not 1.7k base hp. I think the highest single hit I've seen that wasn't meant to be a 100% oneshot was 1.8k from PD. If you're regularly in MPAs getting to the last phase of PD before the bonuses kick in or without deband cut, then why would you be asking for advice on how to beat heaven and hell in the first place?

blkbox11
Nov 12, 2016, 10:38 AM

I see you ignored Parallel Slider Type 0 mentioned by others earlier. Its one of the strongest rifle PAs now.

Well, glad you solved your problem. But I'm fairly sure there are at least 1 or 2 regular XH blocks active normally in any ship. Even on Ship 10, there are usually at least 2.

This may fall on deaf ears: using AC aside, you should also take time to learn more about your weapons and setups, because if there are more EQs like the new Necky one, you will need those skills to help out the MPA.

SteveCZ
Nov 12, 2016, 10:43 AM
Regardless of the method, congrats on passing quest. Case closed, problem solved.

KakuRoze
Nov 12, 2016, 10:49 AM
So you've decided to ignore all advice given in this thread or forfeit any attempts at getting better and instead bought your way to victory.

Fair enough. Next time someone else has a problem with this XQ, I'll know not to bother.

I'm very grateful for all the help I've been getting in this thread. And I've done my best to try out all the different suggestions. Currently leaving me without both skill reset passes and money. Which I don't mind by the way. However, On ship 9, there is hardly any players outside of the EX blocks and there. I've got barely 2 hours of total game time each weekday and not much on weekends. So I'm probably what you call a super-turbo casual player. I play with friends and take down stuff together with them. But I die fairly easy solo, so I prefer not to solo.

I'm currently working on getting the rings, but they are quite expensive. And since all my money disappeared some month ago for buying complete miqo'te transform, I had only a couple of millions left, which ran dry with katana purchase and upgrade.

Also, Its a "bit" hard to know exactly what to do when you can't read barely any help dialog in the game. The story patch just crashes my game, so cant install it.

I'm working to the best of my abilities. And I know P2W is a cancer to MMO games and I will not try justify what I did, because there is none.

I dodge fairly well when I can keep the distance to the enemy, but close combat, which the majority of XQ is, is very hard for me. No time to react, cant view the enemy nor what its trying to do, since all enemies always strives to be on top of me. Screen is mostly just taken up by a jumble of colors. I have no issues keeping alive nor doing damage in EQ nor in open fields, cause I either have team-mates or can keep the distance. Even Falz Looser have more space than this XQ.

And with just 1 more player on the field, you basically have 10 tries instead of 1 try... The regular XQ is quite easy with just one friend, regardless how bad.

oratank
Nov 12, 2016, 10:56 AM
So you've decided to ignore all advice given in this thread or forfeit .

nope not all he take my advice

KakuRoze
Nov 12, 2016, 11:02 AM
I see you ignored Parallel Slider Type 0 mentioned by others earlier. Its one of the strongest rifle PAs now.

Well, glad you solved your problem. But I'm fairly sure there are at least 1 or 2 regular XH blocks active normally in any ship. Even on Ship 10, there are usually at least 2.

This may fall on deaf ears: using AC aside, you should also take time to learn more about your weapons and setups, because if there are more EQs like the new Necky one, you will need those skills to help out the MPA.

I've tried my best to try the Parallel Slider, its included in trying out what people have said in this thread, but cant really figure out how to use it properly.
As I said, I'm a long range person, Not a close combat one. However, I'll continue to have it equipped, in due time I might learn.

Ship 9 is fairly under populated during weeks, there is often like 6 or 7 EX blocks, But 1 around 10-30% filled XH, rarely even enough to fill a 12 man SH EQ.
Weekends are better, then there can be as much as 2 XH blocks \o/

SteveCZ
Nov 12, 2016, 11:09 AM
I think your issue is playing too much long-range classes without/barely touching close-ranged classes. It could be quite a shock to suddenly have to play melee classes in a very small area when you barely play them before.

I also think the term "dodge" here is different; your term of dodge is literally avoiding the enemy and trying your best to find a good position to start attacking, instead of dodging attacks that heavily depends on Step Advance (which of course requires knowledge on the enemy's attack frames). Not to mention blocking cause it's mostly a melee stuff.

KakuRoze
Nov 12, 2016, 11:34 AM

I thought I'd try it out some more, and yeah, I used parallel slider completely wrong. I do agree, It makes things easier. I did completely miss the fact that is was a hold skill.

Edit: I've only gotten it to +69%, but its still pretty good. (9.98k / hit (weak point) / 8 seconds maintained fire)

KakuRoze
Nov 12, 2016, 01:57 PM
Since I'm still working on the rings, How do I acquire that Non Weak Bonus ring? There is none in the market and Cirnopedia is no more :(
I gather I can craft it, but how to get the materials?

ashley50
Nov 12, 2016, 02:49 PM
How do I acquire that Non Weak Bonus ring?
You can acquire it with materials acquired from gathering in a specific map.

You mine for them via gathering.

Altiea
Nov 12, 2016, 02:51 PM
Since I'm still working on the rings, How do I acquire that Non Weak Bonus ring? There is none in the market and Cirnopedia is no more :(

You have to Gather at Tundra for Naberirocks and Tundra Ambers. I don't really feel like explaining the mechanics of Gathering right now.

Zysets
Nov 12, 2016, 03:26 PM

Since the others already answered where to get materials, I thought i would add that Cirnopedia didn't have any information on gathering or skill rings before it shut down.

However, Bumped has a handy dandy guide already! (http://bumped.org/psublog/skill-ring-list/)

KakuRoze
Nov 12, 2016, 05:46 PM
I thank you all for you kindly assistance!
=^.^=

echofaith
Nov 12, 2016, 07:13 PM
Kinda late I guess, but one thing that helped me play this game was using a controller. Like I literally couldnt do anything with the mouse camera, and the asdw movement during my first days. As soon as I used a controller, everything got much easier. Some classes are actually better in keyboard due to the faster swapping and better camera precision, but for general purposes, a controller may work better for you.

And as someone pointed before, if you played ranged classes mostly then that would explain most of your issues. I started as force and duoed with a friend who was melee, so he took aggro while I just spammed long ranged techs. Did this until 75 and never learned the pattern of any enemy, so when I started to solo stuff, I felt the difficulty at last. Ranged classes do have it harder when it comes to solo, since you cant stay away when you have 100% of the aggro :p
If you plan to party often then dont worry too much about it. You should have plenty of time to focus and position yourself in MPA to do damage while others take aggro during first seconds.

Asellus
Nov 13, 2016, 04:15 PM
BR/HU, enough said :D

DPS your ass off, play smart, know when to use your invincibility hax. Guren Tessen has iframes, bring an escape doll just in case. Use your katana gear, counter attack. If needed stack your mag with invincibility triggers. The harder you fight the more likely you'll become invincible. Be aggressive.

Great Pan
Nov 13, 2016, 07:09 PM
I must simply say, this guy sucks. Good thing ye not on my glorious ship 2!

un1t27
Nov 15, 2016, 08:00 PM
Fucking trashcan bum.