PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu Cup: Limit Time EQ & Web Event

sparab
Nov 9, 2016, 12:09 AM
A Challenge from Neki! A new TD will be available from 11/9 to 12/7.
Defend these pitiful towers from waves of the most annoying enemies in PSO2 and get the orbit weapon you always dream for!
Code for [Neki's Challenge Trigger] can be obtained from Famitsu Magazines.

You can complete orbit weapon NT from collection files, along with the traditional TD4 ones!
Orbit Gunslash is drop only.

http://pso2.jp/players/event/famitsucup/webevent/panel/panel_large.jpg

Webevent:
http://pso2.jp/players/event/famitsucup/webevent/

Collect points from Neki's Challenge and riding quest for some fabulous prize!
Prize will be distributed from 12/14 to 12/21

Client Order Campaign:
http://pso2.jp/players/event/famitsucup/campaign/

Clear these client orders for event tickets and some mediocre prize.

11/9-11/16
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up198749.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

11/16-11/23
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up198750.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

11/23-11/29
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up198752.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

IchijinKali
Nov 9, 2016, 01:14 AM
You know for once I'm actually pretty cluesless on how this will work out. I mean the weapons are orbits which are good for pp regeneration. But unless people haven't gotten their gix yet or didn't already have an austure I can't see many people doing this event for long. The trailer didn't exactly show much of anything that I think would interest people besides maybe a lobby action?.

I guess I would have to see the TD myself to judge it but it just screamed Troloolollol.

Agastya
Nov 9, 2016, 01:20 AM
people are going to play it exclusively for orbit gunslash

"orbit rifle" is also a set of two words that should never be together where orbit is describing what set the rifle is in but that's a thing that's happening as well so people will care about that too

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 9, 2016, 01:20 AM
Orbit is love.....orbit is life

sparab
Nov 9, 2016, 01:22 AM
You know for once I'm actually pretty cluesless on how this will work out. I mean the weapons are orbits which are good for pp regeneration. But unless people haven't gotten their gix yet or didn't already have an austure I can't see many people doing this event for long. The trailer didn't exactly show much of anything that I think would interest people besides maybe a lobby action?.

I guess I would have to see the TD myself to judge it but it just screamed Troloolollol.

Depending on your play style, some orbit weapons, like rifle, can surpass austure in term of combat efficiency. Especially the ones that don't rely on weapon action spam.

The TD is a must if you plan to get a orbit gunslash. It seems to be a chaotic cauldron filled with shitty bosses that AOE the entire map (and towers).
Some walls will appear between towers but we have no idea what they are.
And of course, AIS are not allowed.

oratank
Nov 9, 2016, 01:48 AM
"AIS are not allowed. "
oh hell

or this is a "hell and hell" mode :p

Sonichi
Nov 9, 2016, 06:35 AM
"AIS are not allowed. "
oh hell

or this is a "hell and hell" mode :p

The fantastic folk over at SEGA designed an EQ where you most probably won't get clears during pugs! A TD where if you time out, Mutant guranz will blast the ever living fuck out of your towers so you fail anyway.

Vatallus
Nov 9, 2016, 06:45 AM
That was a chaotic mess. Cleared it with a pug group anyway. Those groups of gunner mechs are some scary shit if people don't cut them down fast.

Kintama
Nov 9, 2016, 06:50 AM
Meh, not that hard, i'd say relatively balanced, it's a mixup of td1/3 in terms of concept with all the mobs they could throw in

isCasted
Nov 9, 2016, 06:51 AM
So, I had:

1) crazy lag;
2) disconnect at wave 5;
3) Zeta Guranz instantly destroying a tower;
4) getting cut off into a separate 1/12 MPA while others formed into 11/12 as EQ ended so I couldn't join them.

Thanks for reminding me all the things I hated about TD, game. Never doing this shit again

Sonichi
Nov 9, 2016, 06:54 AM
1) crazy lag;
4) getting cut off into a separate 1/12 MPA while others formed into 11/12 as EQ ended so I couldn't join them.

PSO2 2016, EP5 will bring new servers and remove the block system right?

DeadEscape
Nov 9, 2016, 06:55 AM
Piss easy TD just as expected from sega, I cleared the EQ by spamming parallel slider zero lmao.

oratank
Nov 9, 2016, 06:58 AM
yeah first time should be hard but if we memorize the spawn pattern then it will a lot eazier . i know one thing about this "save photon beam for the wall" because ais spawn behind it on wave 5 or someone always stay at north side in that wave also w4.

morkie
Nov 9, 2016, 07:04 AM
ranger is the role for corrupt ais, ranger must stay outside that wall on wave 3,

elryan
Nov 9, 2016, 08:19 AM
This EQ is stupid.

Not because of the enemies, but because of AIS Exoda placed behind barriers.

That is cheap, not hard.

Kondibon
Nov 9, 2016, 08:36 AM
This EQ is stupid.

Not because of the enemies, but because of AIS Exoda placed behind barriers.

That is cheap, not hard.Pretty sure if you know where they spawn you can get into position before the wave starts. Someone on reddit was talking about it.

elryan
Nov 9, 2016, 08:43 AM
Pretty sure if you know where they spawn you can get into position before the wave starts. Someone on reddit was talking about it.

They don't spawn when the wave started but mid-wave after 2 enemy group spawned.

Since 4 of them spawned mid-wave, it's just ridiculous to have most of the MPA spawn camping the exoda doing nothing while letting only some people defending against the 2 groups prior.

sparab
Nov 9, 2016, 08:47 AM
Pretty sure if you know where they spawn you can get into position before the wave starts. Someone on reddit was talking about it.

You need at least 2 people to kill the exoda on each side.

Went Ra with 11 Fo twice in a roll and I spent most time shooting at tower, heli, and walls. Throwing WB on boss feels like a waste...

oratank
Nov 9, 2016, 08:52 AM
lol i was camping for ais on wave5 can't do anything just running for life no the north waiting for mpa to kill zeta because heli want my blood and it station inside the wall can't do shit at all.

Sonichi
Nov 9, 2016, 08:53 AM
Walls popping up really seem the be the "difficulty" in this quest, rather than the enemies themselves which melt as fast as usual.

Remz69
Nov 9, 2016, 09:23 AM
One TPS symphonic drive twirl canceled (mid backward section so you gain height but don't go back too far) into a step should be enough to clear a wall if you aim for the very top (which colision wise is higher than what the graphics suggest), i haven't tried as non-Fi (so no free movement on Twirl) but that should be doable. Xie's TDs are all class and have SD, and they're basically free

probably don't need that if your group coordinate things to blow up walls or ignore them by having people stand on the right sides before they spawn. But for random groups it does help a lot to be able to go over walls in just about 2 or 3 seconds

THRINE4
Nov 9, 2016, 12:10 PM
How's the progress on the collection files?

Nyansan
Nov 9, 2016, 12:24 PM
How's the progress on the collection files?
Good news: You can do 3 of the stuff needed in sheet outside of Necky and the one that needs that particular eq fills fast (35% with 250+tri100; maybe more if i do daily boost)
Bad news: the other 3 that dont need necky eq fills slow (dont remember exact value, but it was around 7-8%)

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 9, 2016, 12:24 PM
Neros in exchange.

Holy crap that insane degradation and desperation.

Edit: Well, after some stupidity, now I gotta bog this thread down with commentary.

No, no Ep4 director, adding in a ton of carrots on the stick, pushing riding quests, etc, is not gonna do anything. The CEOs hate you, the investors clearly want you dead... I have no clue why anyone thinks letting some one who is killing off income should still be allowed to stay under the pretense of "changing leads in the middle of the project is bad" because, my god, this is worse.

It's like, wow, not only did you extend the wrong collection sheet, you also extended it when there was a clearly vastly superior version that wasn't stuck to only 3 weapons that just came out. Riding Quests failed. Let it stay failed and dead just like Arkuma slots. Both could of been fun, but holy crap that ambition added with a drive to drain the player of all their resources.

But nah, don't try to use this to push any content people might have deemed fun or really even make anything worth while for trying on. Instead push magazine sales for some stupid pay2win BS that is a joke in it's own right. Don't bother to do fashion or the like that we had before that didn't give players a clear edge.

PS: Rappy pet still isn't in the game normally, might want to check that, especially since it's the only viable way to heal players on the spot with enemies/bosses that move too frequently.

starwind75043
Nov 9, 2016, 01:00 PM
requirment of 70/70: Sega trying to make people actually work at this game lol

I like the walls cutting people off like that. It makes chaseing kills/points a bit more dangerous.

This appears to be the type of quest if your pugging your going ot want someone collecting

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 9, 2016, 02:22 PM
So I just realized why Necky didn't remind me of Sonic EXACTLY, but something similar.

http://i.imgur.com/rg60Dhb.png

Also, my friend said that the TD isn't really that hard so it's kind of easy to get tickets from that. Personally, I will be avoiding it. Not so much boycotting in the sense that I'm "totally telling Sega up" as 1 person out of 100k+, but just out of respect for myself. I'll just spam pso2es on autoattack for my tickets eue;

Edit: I should also note that you should give people some time to adjust and know what's ahead. You can bet your givas tickets on the fact people will adapt and know where to stand. We already know where to go when the walls show up on wave 5 in TD4 to prevent bosses from running amok.

Edit 2: Any note on whether necky smile is another Doom Break? If it's of it's own design, it might be a good thing for easier affixes... also assuming it has fever rates.

sparab
Nov 9, 2016, 08:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xqQHjgA.jpg

\ Orbit Gunslash 0 tech atk confirmed /

oratank
Nov 10, 2016, 05:49 AM
ok S rank in pug keep photon beam for final wave beam the fucking wall and always at the north and keep in mind to go to protect the other side that nobody care.just like all td but this one teach you to be a king of north

in w4 mostly spawn at mid if they don't spawn at mid they will run cross the mid tower arrgro hate there they won't go anywhere else
have fun

cheapgunner
Nov 10, 2016, 09:38 AM
Hate this quest more than any other in this game. The enemies are annoying enough but the barriers are just straight b***s***. One of the few quests in the game that drop 13* melons/marrons and it's just a huge waist of time... They made Ulti Amuduscia easy but had to make a troll level quest like this one right afterwards.... >.>;

Akero
Nov 10, 2016, 09:48 AM
I swear to god no one looks at their minimap in the runs I get.
C'mon people, red dot on map is bad for tower's health goddamit.
I've had 2 runs where I was desperately trying to get from one darker laser to another and no one else seems to be minding the god dammed things.

oratank
Nov 10, 2016, 09:51 AM
and we call that expert block lol

Starryeyedbunny
Nov 10, 2016, 07:36 PM
ok S rank in pug keep photon beam for final wave beam the fucking wall and always at the north and keep in mind to go to protect the other side that nobody care.just like all td but this one teach you to be a king of north

in w4 mostly spawn at mid if they don't spawn at mid they will run cross the mid tower arrgro hate there they won't go anywhere else
have fun
Just quoting this in hopes that if anyone over looks it before, they notice it now .w.;

I swear to god no one looks at their minimap in the runs I get.
C'mon people, red dot on map is bad for tower's health goddamit.
I've had 2 runs where I was desperately trying to get from one darker laser to another and no one else seems to be minding the god dammed things.

So just like the usual TD? It's unsurprising how often towers get effed over when some one smart doesn't have an AIS to jump around and blow them up. It's part of why I always AIS during W4 in TD4.

Sizustar
Nov 11, 2016, 11:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw7LgaYVIAArn3Y.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw7Lg7nVEAAJ2GN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw7LhSbUkAAjSVo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw7LhvbUcAAvDib.jpg

Vatallus
Nov 11, 2016, 05:33 PM

Pug run, make pso2 great again! (except ship 2)

Zysets
Nov 11, 2016, 09:33 PM
Okay, I give up. Wanted the Orbit DS, and I was getting hopeful because I've been having plenty of good runs recently, about to finish the first file, but nah, I've started getting bad runs again, and then when I finally got another good one, I 630'd towards the end. Eh, I'll go back to finishing up the Fighter Gix weapons instead.

oratank
Nov 11, 2016, 09:55 PM
yeah 1 week per orbit set to getting +35orbit pretty sure you can't have it without spending on sg :p

sparab
Nov 11, 2016, 10:06 PM
Already spent SG to reset orbit rifle. Decol is a pain to farm and only gives 7-8% with 400% rdr.
Hoping for random TD/M Ship to come...

I don't even bother clear rank anymore. This EQ feels more like torture than challenge.

Flaoc
Nov 11, 2016, 10:11 PM
Already spent SG to reset orbit rifle. Decol is a pain to farm and only gives 7-8% with 400% rdr.
Hoping for random TD/M Ship to come...

I don't even bother clear rank anymore. This EQ feels more like torture than challenge.

http://i.grab.la/06b0c-0698fb87-01ec-4a4d-9685-d627bed914ae.png

Vatallus
Nov 11, 2016, 10:15 PM
I fully assume the Decol isn't "guage only incrases in EQ" right?

Besides what Falco posted above, have you though about finding 3 buddies and just rushing Decol Arks Quest?

Batty
Nov 11, 2016, 11:02 PM
apart that the gauge only raises like 6% "if" you manage to complete it, we dont have that much time to get a +35 unless SG are used... i really wanted that partizan and JBs but i when ill have to be happy my seiga and quotz

Tari
Nov 11, 2016, 11:03 PM
My issue isn't with the decols... it's with the exodas- I really don't enjoy a collection file with such a short time window requiring scheduled EQs to complete.
Especially when the EQ itself is only available for a limited time... I'm seriously hoping that they'll at least add the new orbits to TD4 as drops, or into zeig's stone shop.

Nyansan
Nov 11, 2016, 11:47 PM
My issue isn't with the decols... it's with the exodas- I really don't enjoy a collection file with such a short time window requiring scheduled EQs to complete.
Especially when the EQ itself is only available for a limited time... I'm seriously hoping that they'll at least add the new orbits to TD4 as drops, or into zeig's stone shop.

Exoda part can be done in 2 td4 runs provided you are on full boosts (250, tri100, even tri donut and karaage food buff) and you kill all 21 exodas on the run.
There's 2 scheduled ones this week and if for some reason you cant catch a td4 on sched you can always buy triggers for friends, teammates and coordinate runs with them. Sega has been pretty generous on the SG so no reason not to have enough for 1-2 triggers unless of course you spent them wantonly.

sparab
Nov 11, 2016, 11:55 PM
I fully assume the Decol isn't "guage only incrases in EQ" right?

Besides what Falco posted above, have you though about finding 3 buddies and just rushing Decol Arks Quest?

You can get increase from any decol beside the ones in darker nest TA.

I know guardine drops the rifle at abysmal rate but never thought killing those can also fill collect gauge.

Exoda is not too bad if you can catch a TD4 as it gives ~50% for two runs.

oratank
Nov 12, 2016, 12:08 AM
" 50% for two runs. " how nice better spend on trigger than reset the file :D

Imca
Nov 12, 2016, 05:39 AM
So ummm, the orbit sheets are around to late december, but the necky quest only early december, how is that suposed to work?

Abyss Queen Ivy
Nov 12, 2016, 05:56 AM
This EQ is sooo frustrating... i dont understand how anyone is suppose to beat this. A.S.Is are be hide barriers which make them so hard to get to.... this mission seems like one they should have given us A.S.I on.... To be honest im feeling like this mission isnt worth it..... Gix weps are so much better not to mention much less frustrating to get. i cant stand these TD missions... i dont know why they couldnt have just made this a normal eq...

oratank
Nov 12, 2016, 05:57 AM
So ummm, the orbit sheets are around to late december, but the necky quest only early december, how is that suposed to work?

because this sheet is demise

Nyansan
Nov 12, 2016, 05:58 AM

As with all seasonal EQs, triggers gonna come by the time they're almost gone. Well, most likely anyway

Meteor Weapon
Nov 12, 2016, 08:19 AM
because this sheet is demise

I see what you did there

sparab
Nov 12, 2016, 12:54 PM
Got a S rank clear on the first run and failed the second. With the same group.

I blame the dastard who tower tanked chrom spikes.

Zysets
Nov 12, 2016, 01:36 PM
This EQ is sooo frustrating... i dont understand how anyone is suppose to beat this. A.S.Is are be hide barriers which make them so hard to get to.... this mission seems like one they should have given us A.S.I on.... To be honest im feeling like this mission isnt worth it..... Gix weps are so much better not to mention much less frustrating to get. i cant stand these TD missions... i dont know why they couldnt have just made this a normal eq...

For the A.I.S, you just have to know where they spawn (they always spawn in the same places), and have someone be at each place to at least get them to stop their guns before they fire. That's usually what gets my runs, people don't prepare with that info.... Oh well, I've found a few people who I regularly do this one with, and we've been doing fine since.

I just have issues with how the sheets expire so soon, how am I supposed to Max the Orbit DS before then....

Imca
Nov 12, 2016, 03:16 PM
Sooo, you need a weapon of the same name to push a weapon past 30 grind?

If I wanted to have to obtain as few orbit rifles as posible, does this mean I should grind it up to +30 before using more of them on it?

Or will I be able to get it up to those higher levels if I use one on it early?

Never got a NT-Weapon past 30, sorry.

Zysets
Nov 12, 2016, 03:23 PM
Sooo, you need a weapon of the same name to push a weapon past 30 grind?

If I wanted to have to obtain as few orbit rifles as posible, does this mean I should grind it up to +30 before using more of them on it?

Or will I be able to get it up to those higher levels if I use one on it early?

Never got a NT-Weapon past 30, sorry.

You can do it early. Using 3 Orbit weapons to get it to 60 element already uncaps it to +32, so you'd need 6 total to completely max it out.

Shadowstarkirby
Nov 12, 2016, 03:28 PM
Exodas may have been a problem initially at the start, but now that a lot of people know where they spawn now, it's just a case of being in the right spot to bust them. Playing a class that can jump walls or playing Ra so you can WB walls down really makes them much less scary. If your MPA has any common sense, they should be checking the radar often to make sure that everyone is spread out so every Exoda is destroyed on spawn. I used to think that trapping them behind walls was cheesy, but it's really not a big deal.

What I find much more threatening than anything else has been Zeta, which will 100-0 a tower with an unstoppable laser blast and possibly heavily damage another if at the proper angle if you don't defeat it quickly at low health. It's extremely important that you don't fight it too far away from towers so when it dashes to a tower so you can close the gap fast enough to finish it off.

Besides those things, I find the quest pretty fun and definitely the most challenging I've played to date; I've only failed the quest once at the initial release, all the rest have been wildly varied in success. I'm currently working on having Orbit weapons on all my classes and they'll probably be the last 13*s I make until there's a massive leap in power with future 13* or 14*s. My biggest complaint is that the collection files expire far too soon. Just having a little over a month to obtain 6 files doesn't seem very generous, even with the large number of Necky EQs on schedule. The Exoda gauge just fills so slowly that It'd really help if there were more TD4s these days or the Odin LQ to help fill them faster. It really feels like Sega is extorting us to drop cash on gems for collection file resets and TD4 triggers because they know how popular Orbit weapons are and how much players want them, I've been heavily considering buying gems myself just so I can +35 all the weapons.

Necky EQ goes away December 7th while the Orbit Collection Files expire December 21st. You can't increase the Ultimate Boss gauge outside of the Necky EQ, so I really am wondering what Sega expects us to do to get the required weapons during the last 2 weeks before the collection file expires...

Zysets
Nov 12, 2016, 04:15 PM
Necky EQ goes away December 7th while the Orbit Collection Files expire December 21st. You can't increase the Ultimate Boss gauge outside of the Necky EQ, so I really am wondering what Sega expects us to do to get the required weapons during the last 2 weeks before the collection file expires...

That's my main issue with these files too. I can't even catch the TD4's this week because of real life things, which sucks. I'm hoping I can at least max the element on the Orbit DS, I'm currently using Crea Doubles-NT so that would be a good enough upgrade anyways, even if not completely maxed out...

EvilMag
Nov 12, 2016, 10:35 PM
I have to wonder if they made the CF expire so soon because they know most players only really use orbit for PP regen and not actual damage so maybe they only expect you to get one. I really hope they at least move the NT orbits over to TD1-3.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Profound Invasion and decide to keep this EQ around forever.

oratank
Nov 12, 2016, 11:57 PM
i don't know why most people are save photon beam to the final gold whatever wave they are fucking weak and con stop it with anything. but the rockbear wave with gun mech you can't stop them if you let them reach their gun range this wave is the most dangerous.

oratank
Nov 13, 2016, 02:59 AM
hope you can multiply yourself tough guy

Flaoc
Nov 13, 2016, 03:00 AM
git a load of dat elitist

Lyrise
Nov 13, 2016, 09:45 AM

That's my main issue with these files too. I can't even catch the TD4's this week because of real life things, which sucks. I'm hoping I can at least max the element on the Orbit DS, I'm currently using Crea Doubles-NT so that would be a good enough upgrade anyways, even if not completely maxed out...

it's basically a cash grab for Famitsu, after all, it IS Famitsu cup. The expectation is that you and your friends would go out, and buy issues of Famitsu, to get the Necky Triggers. That said though, 350 yen for a Necky Trigger and the Famitsu Gathering tools (I swear those pickaxes and rods add like, +70% rare rate) and some reading material isn't necessarily a bad deal, especially given how much the actual rare boosting gathering tools cost in comparison (not that anyone would buy those anyway).

Imca
Nov 13, 2016, 03:07 PM
Is there a chance that when they say the EQ is scheduled until December 7th, after that it will just be unscheduled until the 21st?

I mean didn't trick or treat go random after a little while?

sparab
Nov 13, 2016, 03:25 PM
Doubt it. Famitsu TD is supposed to be a [limited time] [scheduled] EQ.

They are probably going to throw christmas 2016 after Dec 8.

Asellus
Nov 13, 2016, 03:55 PM
Necky EQ, first day, ship 4, S rank (multiple times), A rank at worst.
Necky EQ, third day, ship 10, fail (multiple times), B rank at best.
Necky EQ, fourth day, ship 1, S rank (multiple times), A rank at worst.

The player base really determines the outcome of any MPA. Ships with a serious, dedicated player base can make any MPA a pleasure conversely casual player bases can just be a waste of time and frustration. Having experienced both sides I have to say all in all, Necky EQ is ~FUN AS FUCK! Also, easily satisfying a wide range of COs which makes it great for dailies. Best of luck to all.

Still no Gunslash though :(

Zysets
Nov 13, 2016, 04:30 PM
it's basically a cash grab for Famitsu, after all, it IS Famitsu cup. The expectation is that you and your friends would go out, and buy issues of Famitsu, to get the Necky Triggers. That said though, 350 yen for a Necky Trigger and the Famitsu Gathering tools (I swear those pickaxes and rods add like, +70% rare rate) and some reading material isn't necessarily a bad deal, especially given how much the actual rare boosting gathering tools cost in comparison (not that anyone would buy those anyway).

I was considering buying the Famitsu issue for collection purposes. Something neat to add to my (very small) PSO2 merch collection! Might be worth it.

Altiea
Nov 13, 2016, 04:46 PM
My local Kinokuniya tends to sell out early nowadays...

Lyrise
Nov 13, 2016, 04:59 PM
My local Kinokuniya tends to sell out early nowadays...

Buy digitally. Bookwalker is your friend. (also it is possible to buy multiple copies to get multiple codes. edit: with multiple accounts).

I was considering buying the Famitsu issue for collection purposes. Something neat to add to my (very small) PSO2 merch collection! Might be worth it.

There are 3 issues with codes in them. The most recent one (the one you definitely want if you want it for collection), and 2 later ones (probably not what you want).

Shinamori
Nov 13, 2016, 08:37 PM
You can only buy it once from Bookwalker though.

Zysets
Nov 13, 2016, 09:18 PM
Ah yeah, Kinokuniya. I might check the location in LA, hopefully they'll have it in stock... If not, I guess online works.

Lyrise
Nov 13, 2016, 09:22 PM
You can only buy it once from Bookwalker though.

I guess I should have clarified myself better. You're correct in that you can only buy it once per account, but nothing stops you from having more than one account... (I have a few friends who have done this already)

Though personally I can't be bothered to create another account, just for one game.

NephyrisX
Nov 14, 2016, 05:58 AM
GGGAAAAAHHHH FUCKING RETARDED MPA STOLE DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY.

THIRTY SECONDS.THIRTY SECONDS TO VICTORY AND NONE OF THE NUMBSKULLS HEALED THE TOWERS. WASTED A PERFECTLY GOOD TRIBOOST ON THAT CRAP!

oratank
Nov 14, 2016, 07:40 AM
you can camping aggro hate on a dangerous wave(gun mech,ais) this will safe a lot of tower health and pray for them hope they can kill zeta in time.

Lyrise
Nov 14, 2016, 09:16 AM
It's always been a bit confusing to me, how in Wave 5, Necky himself tells you that you should prioritize beating down the Granzo when it shows up, yet when it shows up, more often than not, that never really happens - both foreigner and Japanese primetime.

Anyways, in PUGs I find what works really well is to park a photon laser first before approaching as a failsafe, preferably as close to the center of the map as possible, you want to be able to cover all 3 towers in the off chance it goes from one side to the other. Because it's behaviour is similar Odin, it will fire it's 'Photon Ring Ray" (Yes I'm stealing that term from Gundam AGE) when you time out from the phase or you drop it's HP below a certain amount. When you see it start to dash off due to sustaining damage, you actually have barely enough time to fully charge one blast, and usually it's enough to take it down completely. Even better if someone is waiting and has already charged said turret.

Loveless62
Nov 14, 2016, 01:43 PM
I, for one, am willing to settle for picking up a single copy of each Orbit weapon that I am targeting and keeping them just for pp regeneration utility. In fact, it should be fine for me just to leave it that way and get back to Gix farming, but obviously I would not be satisfied that way. Damn it Sega, you got me again...

Alternatively, I could stop when they are all 60-element, so they would all be usable. But, then I wouldn't get the super affix that is promised at +35 (which is probably something stupid like Poison V, lol).

Is there a chance that when they say the EQ is scheduled until December 7th, after that it will just be unscheduled until the 21st?

I mean didn't trick or treat go random after a little while?
Trick or Treat was random AND scheduled ever since it started.

Maybe they will do what they did with Xie and simply move the Gavas Ticket exchange to the Badge Shop. December 7 will probably just be the day that the Necky COs are no longer available. I assume the EQ will continue (and probably remain scheduled only).

Keilyn
Nov 14, 2016, 03:29 PM
Not really my event or challenge.
SEGA just doesn't get it...

If you want people to run the events, let the events stand and people have access to them. Practically every major MMO creates an event period with the players given the right to access the event, not schedule the event at certain times which ultimately leads to few having access and even fewer continuing the event after getting used to it.

Exception to the rule is in PvP Games where Spawns and Installations Regenerate. Can't have them insta-regen after two seconds or no one will ever be able to win. :(

Vatallus
Nov 14, 2016, 03:35 PM
When Zeta goes to nuke a base it typically has very low HP. Assuming Zeta isn't doing this because the MPA isn't strong enough to clear waves. Ignoring the latter a properly geared player should be able to mow down the rest of Zeta before the laser goes off.

I typically just use Fighter here when I'm not clearing Necky's COs on other characters. (I feel like Sega might suddenly add a bingo board that requires them just to f with us)

And Fighter is my only class that I can reliably and easily break down walls, bosses, and groups of mobs with since my Fighter is the only character I'm actually gearing up beyond just acceptable limits.

I just can't be bothered to farm enough meseta anymore to buy LAs AND make great gear for every class. For the longest time I was able to gear up characters and buy comestics, but it just isn't happening anymore with these insane prices of new cosmetics lately. So just working on my units now.

Shadowstarkirby
Nov 15, 2016, 06:48 AM
Around and around Zeta goes, which tower it'll destroy, who the fuck knows!

Seriously, fuck that ballerina dance it does sometimes.

oratank
Nov 15, 2016, 06:53 AM
then go 12 photon beam kill him on sight(may be) :D

Imca
Nov 18, 2016, 09:20 PM
Ummmm, at what point is it socialy acceptable to bail on a PUG, I just had one that lost 1 tower on wave 1 and another on wave 2 before finally subcoming on long after it was still possible to do a double run.

Like holy shit, I dont think I have seen a worse group in all the time I have played, and dont know how they ended up on the expert block...

Touka
Nov 18, 2016, 09:32 PM
Had people bail on my second run.The way I see it if you're not in block 19 before the eq starts you're kinda screwed :/

KingSasuke
Nov 18, 2016, 10:47 PM
Had people bail on my second run.The way I see it if you're not in block 19 before the eq starts you're kinda screwed :/

No 9:00 pm is just shiter hour I was in block 19 1st run only my tower was up with half hp and on the second run same thing but bad mpa didn't kill middle and left A.I.S I killed right A.I.S thought we had it then all I saw was 2 red beams was like shiter hour confirmed. This is the 3rd time this has happened.

Sizustar
Nov 19, 2016, 01:59 AM

Early block doesn't help as much, it's best to party with teamate or friends that can communicate and know what to do.

And why are there still Fo that uses Ra Zonde with Tali?

Flaoc
Nov 19, 2016, 02:02 AM
probably lightning fofi doing that but ehhhh compared to fote or a fire fofi in there

Zysets
Nov 20, 2016, 12:50 AM
I happened to find a physical copy of the Famitsu issue with the Trigger at a book store, just after buying digitally, so I guess I have two Necky Triggers now. Maybe I'll plan something out with a thread here at some point, before the Orbit files expire. Would be cool if others with triggers could join.

HeyItsTHK
Nov 20, 2016, 04:11 PM
So the AIS always spawn on the same places, but there are multiple spots for them to spawn. I know players came up with symbol arts for the spawns but I forgot to save them, does anyone have them?

Moffen
Nov 21, 2016, 07:31 AM

Probably Hu/Su tanking through Heaven and hell with garbage gear.
Not that it matters when you're invincible anyway.

Atmius
Nov 21, 2016, 07:47 AM
What's the translation of the special condition of the final panel?

http://pso2.jp/players/event/famitsucup/webevent/panel/panel_11.jpg

Is it something like "for every 200k gabas tickets acquired after 100 million you'll get an additional 100 stargem ticket up to the maximum of 100"?

Lyrise
Nov 21, 2016, 09:58 AM
Every 200k past the last goal, which was 80m will net you 1SG. At 100m, you've reached the maximum of 100SG.

Atmius
Nov 21, 2016, 10:05 AM
oh, I see. That's a really pointless panel then. 100SG is damn near nothing, I'd have preferred it be a gathering boost panel over such a meager bonus.

Lyrise
Nov 21, 2016, 11:25 AM
That might be because the Affix Boost week was actually the final panel, this is just a tacked on bonus. They could add more if we clear this one too.

Cyber Meteor
Nov 21, 2016, 12:30 PM
Oh looks like there is a Panel 12 after that SG bonus:-o, i wonder what will that be........

Vatallus
Nov 21, 2016, 05:10 PM
Well 100SG is nothing... but maybe people will bother to clear it since they have that 12th panel showing.

Or they are just goating us into getting the SG panel done because if you have noticed a lot of times on their Twitter events they leave SG as the last reward and it never gets cleared.

Serinah
Nov 21, 2016, 08:45 PM
So the AIS always spawn on the same places, but there are multiple spots for them to spawn. I know players came up with symbol arts for the spawns but I forgot to save them, does anyone have them?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/hN0SF5U.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lyrise
Nov 22, 2016, 09:01 AM
It appears that the bonus rewards will continue to be SG, as the latest panel comes with a rather steep requirement - the next 100 gems are earned at a rate of 600k per 1 gem, until we hit 160m at which point they'll probably make it even higher.

Also: Delivery of these gems will happen on 12/21. One week AFTER the new SG scratch is released.

Imca
Nov 29, 2016, 08:43 PM
Any way to boost my chances of getting the obit gunslash specificly for this last week, or should I just give up hope of ever getting it at this point.

Zysets
Nov 29, 2016, 09:47 PM
Any way to boost my chances of getting the obit gunslash specificly for this last week, or should I just give up hope of ever getting it at this point.

Besides using every form of Rare Drop Boost at your disposal, I think there's nothing you can do to get the Gunslash specifically.

Vatallus
Dec 5, 2016, 07:54 AM
I still don't have a 13* drop from this EQ. Only from CFs.

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 6, 2016, 09:59 AM
RIP ever getting that Orbit Gunslash.

Zysets
Dec 6, 2016, 11:29 AM
If anyone needs 1-2 more runs for a CF or something, I have two triggers, I'll make a post about it with sign ups and the time/date once the EQ schedule is up. I gave up on getting orbit, but I'll be glad to do this for anyone who needs it, so the triggers don't go to waste.

Misaki Ki
Dec 6, 2016, 11:39 AM
I'll keep an eye out for it. I normally don't bother with runs listed here, but I'm sitting at 2 runs short of a 60%. ^^;;

Lyrise
Dec 6, 2016, 12:18 PM
Also, for anyone thinking to buy copies of Famitsu to get more trigger codes, those codes have a redemption expiration of today. Basically, if you didn't redeem the codes for the triggers prior to maintenance, those codes are useless now. Code redemption has been extended to 2/28/17. Feel free to buy your issues of Famitsu if you need additional triggers /shamelessplug

Alenoir
Dec 6, 2016, 01:38 PM
Would love to get that extra run in from a trigger too. Upper right sitting on 100% because I missed a run. :<

Great Pan
Dec 6, 2016, 07:05 PM
Thank you, random MPA of ship 2. Thank you for not letting me have Orbit Katana and Rifle.

My last Nekky run was good, though.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzAJqdmVQAEmXnC.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shinamori
Dec 6, 2016, 07:30 PM
You know you can run TD4 right?

arokidaaron
Dec 6, 2016, 07:36 PM
^ The CF doesn't expire till the 21st, so you could still complete that weapon

Alenoir
Dec 7, 2016, 12:08 AM
^ The CF doesn't expire till the 21st, so you could still complete that weapon

You can still complete a sheet even if they are "expired", as long as it doesn't asks for anything from any specific quest that can no longer be run. You just can't get them again after it's cleared.

Masu
Dec 7, 2016, 12:28 AM
...Awesome...Just realizing the eq is rip. I thought eq would vanish 21st. Rip +35 :etongue:
Edit: Any clue if they will ever randomely drop from other TDs?

Zysets
Dec 7, 2016, 12:38 AM
...Awesome...Just realizing the eq is rip. I thought eq would vanish 21st. Rip +35 :etongue:
Edit: Any clue if they will ever randomely drop from other TDs?

They already drop from TD4 I believe

I do plan on making a thread to let people sign up for two Necky Runs later in the week. I have two triggers I'd like to use.I want to check the EQ schedule once it's up before I do though.