PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Introducing: The Telepipe Proxy!

AIDA
Nov 16, 2016, 02:52 PM
Hey everyone, AIDA here! I'm pleased to announce that we've been working on something quite exciting for a while, and we're ready to reveal some information about it. It's not avilable publicly yet, but I believe in complete transparency when it relates to your PSO2 accounts, so even though it's not ready yet, I wanted to lay down some information about it and clear some things up. Here it is!

Q: What is this?

A: The Telepipe Proxy is somewhat similar to the Cyberkitsune Proxy - You configure it via Tweaker, using a URL, then just play like normal. However, in addition to allowing SEA players (and others that are blocked) to play like normal, it adds quite a bit of new and exciting features:

- Instant item/title/item description translations (and updates!) [see video above]
- Block name translations
- Global Chat via Discord (handled via system messages, so no bubble spam like GIRC.) [see video above]
- A very efficient way of handling the proxy connection, no more HOSTS file crap, no more Gameguard freaking out
- A ridiculous amount of stability/efficiency/speed/less 630s compared to the Cyberkitsune Proxy/VPN
- An active team of developers who are interested and excited to add new features
- EVERYONE can help now! Just by playing PSO2, you can help us improve the patches. [See below for more information.]
- The new plugin will still support connecting to Cyberkitsune-type PSO2Proxies, for those of you who have custom ones
- All the current features of the Cyberkitsune PSO2Proxy (Global EQ alerts, for example)
- All translations (item/title/item description/block names) are toggleable - You can turn them off/on!
- And more planned features in the future! (Things we can't reveal just yet :P)

Q: I can improve the patches by playing PSO2?! How does that work?!

A: When you connect to the Telepipe Proxy, you can help us find things that are untranslated, and the proxy will let us know so we can fix them.

For example, say you came across a japanese item that wasn't translated - Instead of taking a picture and contacting us (which few did), the proxy will automatically see that untranslated item and add just the item's name to a database so it can be translated. The same scenario also occurs with titles, so by playing the game, you help us translate it! \ o /

Q: What sort of information is logged when I connect?

A: The things that are logged are (Keep in mind, this is much less than SEGA or GG log):

- Player ID/Name
- Character name
- Last used IP/Last login time
- MAC Address (to be used to ban malicious players/cheaters/etc)

Q: What about my password? Will you have that? I heard SEGA was dumb and stored it in plaintext, can't you read that?

Your password is specifically NOT logged, and is in fact replaced with "Removed Password" when you log on:

Here is a snippet of the logging code:

{
var temp = new PSOPacket(p);
var req = LoginRequest.Parse(temp.Data);

req.Body.SetPassword("Removed Password"); //Password is replaced with "Removed Password" and the original is never saved or even read.
LogPackets(new PSOPacket(req.ToPacket()), false);
}

For the record though, yes, SEGA does send your password in plain text. Idiots.

Q: Who all is working on this?

Myself (AIDA), Kyle873, ACF, and numerous other Arks-Layer members are involved with this and have access to the server, source code, etc. The reason I say this is because of the other members of the Telepipe Team.

The Telepipe Proxy was initally created by Zapero and Sziadan. Yes, from that one PSO2 hacking website. When they intially approached me about this project, I was weary and suspicious, as you might be now, reading this. We talked about what they had done in the past, and they regret it.

However, since actions speak louder than words, I requested a few things before I backed this project.

1) I would be completely in charge of the project, have final say in all decisions, and we would have complete transparency in all processes.

2) I, along with ACF and Kyle873 (who I trust very much), would have 100% access to all source code, the server itself, the databases, everything. (similar to how things are already on the Cyberkitsune Proxy)

3) I, along with ACF and Kyle873, will have full admin control over the server (similar to how things are already on the Cyberkitsune Proxy)

They agreed and we've been working on it for about a month now. Kyle/Variant and others are now helping program, and it's coming along very nicely.

To reiterate very, very, very clearly: This is not a PSO-HACK Project. We do not condone cheating of any kind, and in any way, shape, or form. The server will have it's cheat detection routine, so that if people *are* using known cheat tools (specifically created for PSO2), it will not allow them to log in.

Q: But we already have the Cyberkitsune proxy. Couldn't you have just put these new features into that?

A: Cyberkitsune's proxy was coded in Python, and, due to numerous issues, it's simply not possible from both a technical standpoint and a supportive standpoint. Cyberkitsune himself is now busy with real life (understandably), and the funding for the CK PSO2Proxy in the past few months has come from only two people (who, understandably, refuse to pay it anymore). Since it was written in Python (which is poorly optimized for this sort of thing), it also limited the number of people who could actively work on it and fix it.

The new Telepipe Proxy is coded in C# and has the server already paid through 2017.

For the record, we harbor no ill will toward Cyberkitsune and the members of his team, and wish him (and them) the best of luck on all future endeavours.

Q: Does this mean the Tweaker won't have item/title patches? Will they still be updated?

A: Nothing is changing in the Tweaker - The item and title patches will still work 100% and be updated alongside the Telepipe proxy.

Q: This sounds awesome! Where can I sign up?

A: We'll have more information shortly, stay tuned! Closed beta testing is set to begin in the next few days, with open beta following afterwards.

Alam
Nov 16, 2016, 02:54 PM
DOOM, Wonderful!

elryan
Nov 16, 2016, 03:45 PM
Very amazing. Solves the current problem where item translation breaks intermittently.

I can't wait to see the source code, if ever opened to the public.

Just mere curiosity though, are you guys using ASP.NET Core? Today at Microsoft Connect they just released version 1.1.0 which is the most fastest mainstream web framework in the world. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/webdev/2016/11/16/announcing-asp-net-core-1-1/

acffordyce973
Nov 16, 2016, 03:59 PM
most fastest
Fastest huh? I gotta try this.

Sonichi
Nov 16, 2016, 04:44 PM
Q: What sort of information is logged when I connect?

A: The things that are logged are (Keep in mind, this is much less than SEGA or GG log):

- Player ID/Name
- Character name
- Last used IP/Last login time
- MAC Address (to be used to ban malicious players/cheaters/etc)

This is a nice idea, and I hope it works out for those who need it. I am curious though, when you say "much less than SEGA or GG log", how much exactly do they log? A list would be nice, out of curiosity.

rsod
Nov 16, 2016, 04:46 PM
If I'm able to connect directly to the PSO2 servers (and don't want to use proxy), I won't be able to use those features?

Gama
Nov 16, 2016, 04:52 PM
they log everything you say in Whisper chat to your waifu.

Kokurokoki
Nov 16, 2016, 05:37 PM
they log everything you say in Whisper chat to your waifu.

Huh... that explains me waking up in chains this morning after sending a love letter to Franka.

ayaldev
Nov 16, 2016, 06:12 PM
saw this first in PSOH, but it was still in alpha-beta... good thing this is now public.. Good Job AIDA, Zapero, Sziadan and Arks-Layer team!

Shoterxx
Nov 16, 2016, 07:09 PM
...yet another large company that stores/transmits passwords unencrypted. This is just getting depressing, really.

Looks nice. Might use it for translation later on, still can't read moonrunes.

Sonichi
Nov 16, 2016, 07:26 PM
All the running processes, your memory, hard drive space, OS version/build, video card, CPU (and what it supports), location, PC language, all the running services, where PSO2 is installed, etc etc etc.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Eternal255
Nov 16, 2016, 07:43 PM
How exactly does the item translation feature work? It doesn't install any files on the machine, does it?

I ask because I am curious if this proxy is usable for PS4. I know the PS4 can have a proxy configured, but would doing so enable the ability to use said item translations?

I would love to help test it out if you are looking for PS4 testers (I rarely hop on the PC anymore), if it would be beneficial at all to you guys.

SZiadaN
Nov 16, 2016, 07:49 PM
How exactly does the item translation feature work? It doesn't install any files on the machine, does it?

I ask because I am curious if this proxy is usable for PS4. I know the PS4 can have a proxy configured, but would doing so enable the ability to use said item translations?

Sorry, but the proxy will not work on a PS4 because PSO2 uses RSA + RC4 encryption for their packets.
To be able to connect to the proxy you have to also replace the "publickey" stored in the client, and as things are currently, there's no easy way to do that on a PS4.

blkbox11
Nov 16, 2016, 10:39 PM
I was getting concerned about CK's proxy when it came to funding status. I guess this confirms that most people using it aren't paying for it...

That being said, will translations be forced on this Proxy, or is there some way to turn them off? I am studying Japanese, and PSO2 has really helped me with that. I would like to continue playing the vanilla version of the game, but my region is IP blocked, thus I cannot do so.

It also avoids the many complications that tend to come when translation patches are applied.

Basically, if this came with the option of having those translations all off, it would be great.

EDIT: Nevermind, was a dumbass. Didn't see this part.

All translations (item/title/item description/block names) are toggleable - You can turn them off/on!

Good luck with your project.

Zysets
Nov 16, 2016, 10:47 PM
I've always played 100% Vanilla PSO2 since launch (helps being able to read moon runes a decent amount, just don't ask me for translations), but I maaaay keep my eye on this. I like the discord chat idea, and I can't wait to see what the "other features" mentioned at the end of that are. This is really nice, thank you!

Aine
Nov 17, 2016, 04:46 AM
Preview looks pretty good, but I have a question - once I send you my account details and password, will I be able to log into PSO2 immediately, or will I have to wait a few months and chase it up in writing?

landman
Nov 17, 2016, 05:21 AM
I'm glad to see development for the game is going forward, but seeing Zapero and Sziadan names on this makes me be wary lol

blkbox11
Nov 17, 2016, 11:04 AM
When you say that it will avoid GG freaking out, is that solely for the Proxy? I believe the Tweaker uses something called GN Field to conceal itself because GG now targets it as a whole, and that system tends to bug out at random for me.

Currently I'm a user of the .bat method as shown by Variant, so hopefully that will still be an option for this as CK's proxy is closing down, and there aren't many other easy and stable ways for me to access the game.

Arada
Nov 17, 2016, 12:56 PM
Aida, are your reading private messages here ? (I haven't sent yet, I just would like to give an advice and a warning :) )
If not, where should I send ?

Eternal255
Nov 17, 2016, 01:58 PM
I'm glad to see development for the game is going forward, but seeing Zapero and Sziadan names on this makes me be wary lol

I'm curious as to what they did? Mentioned something about hacking?

isCasted
Nov 17, 2016, 02:14 PM
From what I remember personally: teleporting players and even NPCs around, sending whispers to an entire ship at once, breaking Visiphone, summoning infinite loot crystals (although not in public MPAs) and a bunch of other things. Some people also misattribute 2014 DDoS to them, but I don't see any reason why it should be them. It seems like everything they did was more like research than active attempt to harm legitimate players (B20 doesn't count, teehee).

A lot of things they did wouldn't even be possible in a game that is coded properly, even if that game didn't have any security measures, because normally those things would be server-side, not client-side. Their actions are yet another proof that GameGuard doesn't do jack shit against actual hackers if you don't think about security yourself when making your game.

Zysets
Nov 17, 2016, 02:31 PM
I've still seen the NPC/Player teleportation mentioned on JP fan sites. It's usually listed on guides for what ships new player should join. Ship 2 usually has lists like "Low Population, previous instances of hacking".

acffordyce973
Nov 17, 2016, 03:02 PM
GameGuard doesn't do jack shit against actual hackers.
Doesn't stop the hackers but makes it a nightmare for the legit players.

Low Population, previous instances of hacking.
The key word here being "previous", and a long time ago at that.

isCasted
Nov 17, 2016, 04:12 PM
Doesn't stop the hackers but makes it a nightmare for the legit players.

Kinda like certain cancerous types of DRM (at least they can't burn your CD drives anymore). But there are always going to be players who are like "Doesn't happen to me, so you all must be lying cheaters!"

Zysets
Nov 17, 2016, 04:17 PM
The key word here being "previous", and a long time ago at that.

Of course, but it's still something people keep in mind because hacks that have inconvenienced other players have only ever happened in Ship 2 from what I've heard

SZiadaN
Nov 17, 2016, 04:39 PM
Not only, we have popped by other ships, just not often and not to the same extent that we did on ship 2.
I do believe we did some light NPC moving and player moving on ship 10 as well.

Pikadrew
Nov 17, 2016, 10:38 PM
I guess I'm not understanding the instant item/title description translations. Isn't that already covered by the current tweaker with patches?

Kondibon
Nov 17, 2016, 10:43 PM
I guess I'm not understanding the instant item/title description translations. Isn't that already covered by the current tweaker with patches?Normally item names aren't translated until they're in your cache, that's why you have to reload menus or go back over items to get them to translate. I assume the instant transtaion don't have to do that.

acffordyce973
Nov 18, 2016, 04:31 AM
I assume the instant transtaion don't have to do that.
That's correct. As soon as you open your inventory the items will be translated.

elryan
Nov 19, 2016, 02:42 AM
It's not working. Reverted PSO2Proxy settings to JP --> Configured Telepipe Proxy --> Made sure item / title / PSO2 Proxy plugins are unchecked.

All the ships are offline.

Modifying HOSTS file... Done!
All normal JP connection settings restored! [OK!]
You can now connect to the Telepipe-Proxy!

EDIT: My Windows host file does not contain Telepipe Proxy stuffs. Is this expected?

EDIT 2: It is expected. Also, SEA players will see ship lists as "Unknown" even if they can log in.

"If you are having issues connecting to the proxy, download this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2321290/TelepipeProxyData.zip Extract these files to your pso2_bin folder. Go into the properties of the proxy.txt and publickey.blob files by right clicking on them, and make sure that Read-Only and Unblock is checked in the General tab (Unblock might not be there, if so, this is fine). Then when running the tweaker, make sure that only the TelepipeProxy.dll is checked. Then launch the game" ~Kyle

FireswordRus
Nov 19, 2016, 03:27 PM
how to configure it? Same as old proxy?

Masu
Nov 22, 2016, 01:23 AM
Just tested out of curiosity. 630-chan after less than 10mins when I usually don't have any. Removed. You owe me an XQ pass:wacko:

Masu
Nov 22, 2016, 01:22 PM
You happened to log in right as we took the server down for a quick reboot. :wacko:
Lol bad luck then. Does the message display in game chat or is it only mentioned on Discord? I'll give it another go.

Zeroem
Nov 22, 2016, 09:04 PM
I am going to be frank here and playing the devil's advocate for a moment.

Even with all that text of Zapero and Sziadan 'regret what they had done in the past', typing(same as talking) is cheap. Basically, everyone who's reading that text has no insurance whether those words are from heart of just ol' plain lip-service. For all we know, they might do something later that is the exact opposite of what's typed here.

__________________________________________________ _

Putting the devil's advocate aside, the project sounds neat and kind of urgent (since Mother raid boss is near, and considering the state of CK's proxy payment, things might be as ugly as Yamato's launch day). I would keep my eye on this project (as well as giving Zapero and Sziadan the benefit of a doubt).

I guess my concern would be around the IP this telepipe would use (there are proxies that change the IP every time you login, after all). Does it use one IP address like CK did? Or would the IP changed every login?

acffordyce973
Nov 23, 2016, 05:29 AM
Does it use one IP address like CK did? Or would the IP changed every login?
It only uses one IP address and works similar to CK's proxy.

blkbox11
Nov 25, 2016, 12:05 AM
I heard that this project is in Open Beta now.

However, I'm guessing it's still not at a stage where the instructions on how to use it are to be made available publicly? All I know is that people have to go on the Discord for now to get the setup details.

Marynou
Nov 25, 2016, 10:41 AM
I've just played for an hour or so. Worked like a charm except for some very long loading at the beginning (to choose your ship and enter Oracle mostly). Was flawless after that. No discord chat though, maybe it hasn't been implemented yet?

Anyway this is the **** and I love it. I'll gladly drop a few bucks to keep it running.

acffordyce973
Nov 25, 2016, 11:12 AM
I heard that this project is in Open Beta now.

However, I'm guessing it's still not at a stage where the instructions on how to use it are to be made available publicly? All I know is that people have to go on the Discord for now to get the setup details.
The instructions have been publicly available in the Tweaker's sidebar for a good few days...
The Discord server (https://discord.gg/KYc3Jyn) is there for support (for all issues, not just proxy related) and chat.

blkbox11
Nov 25, 2016, 12:23 PM
The instructions have been publicly available in the Tweaker's sidebar for a good few days...
The Discord server (https://discord.gg/KYc3Jyn) is there for support (for all issues, not just proxy related) and chat.

Apologies, I'm a user of the .bat method, so I usually don't turn on the Tweaker other than to update the game. Must have missed it when I did it yesterday.

I'll give it a try as soon as I can then. Hopefully the GN field doesn't mess things up too much.

wefwq
Nov 26, 2016, 07:32 AM
Just to let you guys know telepipe discord invitation code already expire :^(

Sirius-91
Nov 26, 2016, 07:35 AM
Just to let you guys know telepipe discord invitation code already expire :^(
Woops, https://discord.gg/usRq673

Grady219
Nov 26, 2016, 12:12 PM
Before I go ahead and start using this AIDA, would I be able to turn off the global chat if I don't want it on? I'd prefer not to spam up my chatbox. Also, nice to see you doing something for the community Sziadan. Missed seeing your shenanigans.

acffordyce973
Nov 27, 2016, 06:07 AM
would I be able to turn off the global chat if I don't want it on?
Yes, Global Chat can be turned off, and settings will persist each time you login.

Taurus83
Dec 7, 2016, 06:49 AM
these 3 days having dc every time when on eq appear , what the problem is?

Lynesio
Dec 28, 2016, 01:36 PM
Is the source code for this available somewhere? Will we be able to see up private proxies with this like we can with the Python one?

AzureNinja89
Mar 18, 2017, 12:17 PM
Is the challenge lobby not available with the telepipe proxy? I get a error everytime I try to access it.

Sirius-91
Mar 18, 2017, 03:00 PM
Is the challenge lobby not available with the telepipe proxy? I get a error everytime I try to access it.
Currently no, there's something horribly wrong with the server host we're using as the code we use works on other servers.

It will be fixed before the update.

AzureNinja89
Mar 18, 2017, 05:09 PM
Ok thanks just making sure it was nothing on my end.

pdragon
Mar 27, 2017, 09:34 PM
is the proxy currently down?

Taurus83
Mar 28, 2017, 07:34 AM
no but telepipe is just unstable proxy for a meantime , u can have lag or dc in eq and some

IMACOP
Mar 28, 2017, 11:11 AM
Haven't been following telepipe in awhile. Last I heard was something about telepipe changing servers in march and CK closed? So, can anyone tell me anything happen since then?

williziam
Jun 8, 2017, 04:24 AM
hello, is there any optimization which i can do to reduce the amount of time of getting 630 disconnected when using Telepipe proxy? the only thing i do to set up telepipe proxy was just to enter the URL listed in this " http://arks-layer.com/telepipe/ " in Pso 2.tweaker exe at the PSO2Proxy settings. . so far i only mannaged of getting past the intro before getting this error.