PDA

View Full Version : Solo Extreme Ver.2: Ultmiate Border

sparab
Nov 22, 2016, 12:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qdWz1hB.jpg

"And you thought Heaven and Hell was too easy."

After proudly introduced the "expert" blocks, sega soon realized katana kombat does not encourage chimps to play better at tower defense.
XH blocks become more desolated than b20. Leeches in luckyraise roam as they will.
Features in the upcoming update!
A new challenge has been set upon you--clear this super hard solo quest and prove yourself a true Expert with symbol rings!
More despair, more bloodshed, more scape dolls!

* Entrance requirement for expert blocks will not be changed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Solo Extreme: Ultmiate Border]

The quest features 10 floors of impossible challenges, consist of ultimate and phantom enemies.
Unlike previous extreme quests, enemies waves will spawn after [time pass].
Eliminate enemies before reinforcement arrives or find yourself between laplace's devil and deep blue guranz!

[Layout]

Floor 1: Emperor Rappy*3>Emperor Rappy*2
Condition: No recovery in 40s!

Floor 2: Gilnate*2>Zeta Granz*1>Dragon Mizer*1
Condition: Defeat 1 enemy through weak point in 100s!
Weakness: Fire/Fist/Rifle/TMG/Bow/Talis/JetBoots
Gilnate have ridiculous high HP and spam 20k heal in short interval, kill these first

Floor 3: Optimus Prime*1, Vegas trash>Demalmoth*2
Condition: Defeat 5 enemies from front!
Weakness: Wind/Partisan/DoubleSaber/Gunslash/Katana/Launcher/Wand

Floor 4: HAGITO☆FEMTO*1, Tokyo trash>Tank15*2
Condition: Defeat Hagito in 120s!
Obstacle: Damage Floor
Weakness: Ice/Sword/TwinDagger/DualBlade/Rfile/Bow/Talis

Floor 5?: Gigumo*1>Darker trash>Falz Dranblu*1>Guryuzoras Draco*1
Condition: Don't die once!
Weakness: Light/Partisan/Fist/Gunslash/Katana/Launcher/Wand
Gigumo uses soul harvest from start

Floor 6: Dragon EX*1, Ult AMD Archer>Draco Deadlion*1
Condition: No recovery in 90s!

Floor 7: Goronzoran*1, Ult AMD Healer>Mecha Banther*2
Condition: Defeat 2 enemy through weak point in 100s!
Weakness: Fire/Partisan/DoubleSaber/Launcher/TMG/Bow/JetBoots
Ult AMD Healers have ridiculous high HP and spam heal in short interval, kill these first

Floor 8: Phantom Goddess*1, Laplace's Devil*1, Maxwell's Devil>Ult mammoth*1
Condition: Defeat 11 enemies from behind!

Floor 9: Tokyo trash>Tank15*2>HAGITO☆FEMTO*1>Quartz
Condition: Defeat Hagito in 180s!
Obstacle: Damage Floor
Weakness: Lightning/WireLance/Fist/DualBlade/Launcher/TMG/Bow/Wand

Floor 10?: Phantom Goddess*1>Laplace's Devil*1, Maxwell's Devil>HAGITO☆FEMTO*1>Guryuzoras Draco*1>Anga Wolf*1
Condition: Don't die once!
Obstacle: HP Recover Block (when anga spawns)
Weakness: Partisan/Gunslash/Katana/Rifle/Rod/Tails/JetBoots
Phantom Goddess has ridiculous high attack and HP (takes around 5 maron strikes on take down)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Reward]

By clearing this quest, you can obtain special titles and your [Class Material].
[Class Material] can be used to craft [Effort Symbol Class] rings.
Equipping these rings grant you a dim glow that is hardly noticed by nearby players.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/jMNolwr.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Effort Symbol Ring:
Requires 1 Class Material to make + 30,000 meseta

Lv1 Stat:
Damage+0.1% (1% at 20)
Crit+0.5% (2% at 20?)
Income Damage: 99% (90% at 20?)

Glow Effect is NOT displayed in lobby

Altiea
Nov 22, 2016, 12:57 AM
Prepared to go into this like I went into Heaven & Hell: BO/HU Jet Boots only with a pack of Dimates and Trimates ready to go. LEEEEEEROY JENKINNNNNNNNS

starwind75043
Nov 22, 2016, 01:23 AM
Prediction on floors we will hear the most complaint, people will have the most trouble with i will say 3 and 6.

Altiea
Nov 22, 2016, 02:05 AM
Prediction on floors we will hear the most complaint, people will have the most trouble with i will say 3 and 6.

If it's anything like the first Solo XQ, you can simply wallop the Banthers before they start causing trouble. Dragon Ex can be demolished by simply stunlocking him into submission.

wefwq
Nov 22, 2016, 03:20 AM
Man i don't like ideas for wasting 1 ring slot just to show flashy "pls notice me" symbol.
They should just make it as accessory or new exclusive equipment slot for it.

JCry
Nov 22, 2016, 03:30 AM
Will people even notice me? In the preview that emblem thing looked pretty small.

wefwq
Nov 22, 2016, 03:45 AM
Will people even notice me? In the preview that emblem thing looked pretty small.

You put cutins for every possible AW for your character so everyone will notice you're one of the hottest pro players out there.

Kintama
Nov 22, 2016, 05:08 AM
No Phaleg floor? That slut hits up to 150/hit on her combos in story mode, make it x3 and she's balanced for solo xq.

Shadowstarkirby
Nov 22, 2016, 08:55 AM
Because random people definitely give two shits about how you individually cleared or cheesed Solo XQ. Also, why would I give up a right ring slot, as in, give up PP Convert, Massive Hunter, and Killing Bonus for something so frivolous that'll just be lost in the flurry of shitty particle effects, hello?

Sonichi
Nov 22, 2016, 08:59 AM
Because random people definitely give two shits about how you individually cleared or cheesed Solo XQ. Also, why would I give up a right ring slot, as in, give up PP Convert, Massive Hunter, and Killing Bonus for something so frivolous that'll just be lost in the flurry of shitty particle effects, hello?

Maybe it'll give +5~10% damage and PP recovery rate when worn by the matching class, r-right?

I wish... SEGA would never give something truly worth playing the XQ for, this one isn't even needed for Expert Blocks when it should be.

sparab
Nov 22, 2016, 09:15 AM
Maybe it'll give +5~10% damage and PP recovery rate when worn by the matching class, r-right?

I wish... SEGA would never give something truly worth playing the XQ for, this one isn't even needed for Expert Blocks when it should be.

Quite the opposite: the glowing effect intensifies as per ring level. At level 20 your character glows brighter than a limit breaking Fi.

Otherwise they could just made it a accessory instead of wasting your ring slot...right?

yoshiblue
Nov 22, 2016, 09:25 AM
It also makes your hair glow from pink, to yellow, to blue depending on ring level.

SteveCZ
Nov 22, 2016, 09:28 AM
It's definitely a lobby thing when it has no gameplay function whatsoever.

Sonichi
Nov 22, 2016, 11:58 AM
What an absolute meme. Well at least I have no "real" reason to play the new solo XQ more than once or twice then.

loafhero
Nov 22, 2016, 07:11 PM
It also makes your hair glow from pink, to yellow, to blue depending on ring level.

Well, at least we can finally make our characters go Super Saiyan if that's actually true.

echofaith
Nov 22, 2016, 08:54 PM
Th HP recover block thingie scares me v:
Hoping is just the switch thingie you can turn off. Otherwise this means you need to kill anga almost without getting hit. Kinda annoying when you consider is the cat version :S

Raujinn
Nov 22, 2016, 09:02 PM
If it disables all healing Anga's bits are going to be the most annoying part. The main body is pretty well telegraphed, the bits are essentially random.

sparab
Nov 22, 2016, 09:22 PM
Th HP recover block thingie scares me v:
Hoping is just the switch thingie you can turn off. Otherwise this means you need to kill anga almost without getting hit. Kinda annoying when you consider is the cat version :S

[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.jp/players/update/20161124/03/image/ss_02_l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Heal block cannot be deactivated. This will be the same as damage floor which last until stage clear.

While automate become complete trash, megiverse still can heal for a decent amount.

echofaith
Nov 23, 2016, 05:18 AM
Ah I was thinking it was a 100% block as in no healing whatsoever. How much is the reduction, or does only megiverse works?

Vatallus
Nov 23, 2016, 06:09 AM
Pink then yellow? Wouldn't it be either Pink or Blue depending on your character's alignment? ;)

I want pink alignment so I can have cool sword trick abilities.

ralf542
Nov 23, 2016, 08:12 AM
Be a Pro™ and show it off to everyone or do 3% more damage? My e-pen isn't getting bigger with 3% dmg cuz SEGA "bans" parser users, so i'll choose the Pro™ ring.

Sonichi
Nov 23, 2016, 10:05 AM
Be a Pro™ and show it off to everyone or do 3% more damage? My e-pen isn't getting bigger with 3% dmg cuz SEGA "bans" parser users, so i'll choose the Pro™ ring.

A true Pro™ wouldn't be idling in the lobby for others to see, they'd be recording some epic gameplay and forumalting new strats to use in the latest new quests. or hidden in team room with their clique

Cyber Meteor
Nov 23, 2016, 11:01 AM
Ah I was thinking it was a 100% block as in no healing whatsoever. How much is the reduction, or does only megiverse works?

The healing reduction in XQs is usually like in Odin LQ : 80% reduction for any type of healing (Mate, Resta, Megiverse..........) , so there is a good chance it'll be the same for that XQ

Lyrise
Nov 23, 2016, 12:14 PM
I have the new issue of Dengeki in my hands right now (will post scans in a new thread later). One of the questions that got asked is what the effect of that Effort Symbol ring is. Apparently, asides from looking nice (R.I.P Vita users, as the glowing emblem can only be seen by you and not other players), it adds a bonus to the damage you output while reducing the damage you take.

Also, you'll get titles that can be redeemed for SG when you make it to floors 5 and 10.

Xaeris
Nov 23, 2016, 12:56 PM
Oh I thought those were just glam. Depending on the numbers, I might actually have to do this as Gunner instead of just cheesing it as Hunter.

vantpers
Nov 23, 2016, 12:58 PM
Please no. I don't want another power creep while not getting a new difficulty and I am not even sure if I want to grind all those materials. I don't know why they bother when we already have Perfect Keeper rings, if class rings are gonna have more damage and damage reduction on them without even a conditional.

isCasted
Nov 23, 2016, 01:14 PM
The healing reduction in XQs is usually like in Odin LQ : 80% reduction for any type of healing (Mate, Resta, Megiverse..........) , so there is a good chance it'll be the same for that XQ

IIRC healing reduction in XQ never affected Megiverse, whereas in Odin LQ Megiverse was nerfed by, like, 95%.

ralf542
Nov 23, 2016, 01:19 PM
Effort Symbol ring adds a bonus to the damage you output while reducing the damage you take.

R/Boost Slayer v2?

Lyrise
Nov 23, 2016, 01:29 PM
The article doesn't mention any other conditions, it only says there's a bonus to damage dealt and damage taken. How hard you have to work at upgrading that ring, as well as the extent of that bonus, will be what we need to understand first. (In b4 parties demanding that you have a +20 Effort symbol equipped)

nguuuquaaa
Nov 23, 2016, 01:52 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.jp/players/update/20161124/03/image/ss_02_l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Heal block cannot be deactivated. This will be the same as damage floor which last until stage clear.

While automate become complete trash, megiverse still can heal for a decent amount.

I guess it's time to take Narl Crescent out of the storage then.

Eternal255
Nov 23, 2016, 02:18 PM
I for one am looking forward to it. Useless as it may be, it's challenging and fun. I ran H&H several times and enjoyed it very much.

Zysets
Nov 23, 2016, 03:17 PM
I for one am looking forward to it. Useless as it may be, it's challenging and fun. I ran H&H several times and enjoyed it very much.

Agreed, H&H really helped me with finding my weak points and building up my gear and skills. I don't know if I care for the Skill Ring, but I only use Attack Advance Lv20 as my right hand ring on my main character, so I may switch over if the attack boost is good.

Altiea
Nov 23, 2016, 03:42 PM
Heaven and Hell was what eventually compelled me to hit 75/75 on BO/HU. And since the cost is going down, I guess I'll be playing both.

Flaoc
Nov 23, 2016, 07:12 PM
so if the ring is actually gonna boost my power looks like im gonna be doing this a lot since it should not be that tough since everything gets nerfed in solo xq

Altiea
Nov 23, 2016, 07:40 PM
so if the ring is actually gonna boost my power looks like im gonna be doing this a lot since it should not be that tough since everything gets nerfed in solo xq

Boosts power AND mitigates. We'll honestly just have to see what the numbers are, although I expect them to beat out Perfect Keeper Rings.

sparab
Nov 23, 2016, 08:05 PM
According the g-heaven the ring increase damage by a fraction. Most likely to be 1-2% since the boost is always active.

Sega declared they "do not want players to receive [better] items from challenging contents" before first solo XQ was released. PSO2 is supposed to be a RNG game and top tier items should be drop only or luck based.
Thus you get more rewards from luckyraise than playing good.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 23, 2016, 08:05 PM
this should be the new "pro block" req but i look greatly forward to new and casual scum using this in future arguements about being an "elitists" because well hrm I CANT GET GOOD

Agastya
Nov 23, 2016, 08:41 PM
why get good when you can get a dragon slayer instead

sparab
Nov 24, 2016, 03:38 AM
Finished with summerer, why bother stage orders when you can let pet auto attack to win?
Dropped 6 class material with 250% boost.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/jMNolwr.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Effort Symbol Ring:
Requires 1 Class Material to make + 30,000 meseta

Lv1 Stat:
Damage+0.1% (1% at 20)
Crit+0.5% (2% at 20?)
Income Damage: 99% (90% at 20?)

Glow Effect is NOT displayed in lobby

nguuuquaaa
Nov 24, 2016, 04:07 AM
I don't know what the heck am I doing.
First run, blind, cleared.

http://i.imgur.com/MFLnMlI.png

Vatallus
Nov 24, 2016, 04:41 AM

Yeah my time sucked. Got 5 material drops. This is harder for all the wrong reasons. Also delayed enemy spawns make some stages longer than they really are.

Oh also for all the Fighters out there.

We don't get weapon buffs unless we want to use a gunslash or something from our sub.

Anga starts as old Anga then 2nd phase is Feral Anga. You might of noticed this was possible already for those that actually run Winged Boarder Breaker for possible keys.

Feral Anga's HP is lower, and his bits break very easily. Can use this to your advantage. Stage 10 does not have healing nerf until Anga.

Due to the delayed spawns in stages you won't be able to just katana combat cheese this... as easily. You'll be running out of KC before the stage finishes. I guess you can just run around until KC recharges again though.

Lv 5 version of Fi Ring.

Sonichi
Nov 24, 2016, 06:02 AM
I feel like Ranger got properly shit on by this solo XQ. Even knowing the bosses and how to kill them, getting fucked by bosses with attacks that just never end (Illusia coin spam). Not really enjoying having every boss spam knockback and stuns when I'm out of Massive Hunter, trying to charge PAs. The first XQ was decent but this just feels like a shitshow of bosses "because we could xd".

HentaiLolicon
Nov 24, 2016, 06:13 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/jJwwwdd.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
11/10 will not do it again

TehCubey
Nov 24, 2016, 06:14 AM
This was pretty easy until stage 10. No weakness against Fi weapons was an unpleasant surprise, but I think I'll be able to clear it soon, when I'm less tired.

CoWorker
Nov 24, 2016, 06:30 AM
i was really annoyed that Fighter weapons gets no boosts.... like... Thanks SEGA....

RX-93
Nov 24, 2016, 06:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CNAeH4T.jpg
Uh, guess I only need to get enough material from one class to finish this?

Vatallus
Nov 24, 2016, 06:36 AM
Well, you need to play as a Fi to get Fi Materials. Hunter for Hu Materials. etc. Trying to figure out yet if we need more than one material later on just for grinding. So far Lv 8 and only eating x5 grinders per level.

RX-93
Nov 24, 2016, 06:38 AM
Well, you need to play as a Fi to get Fi Materials. Hunter for Hu Materials. etc. Trying to figure out yet if we need more than one material later on just for grinding. So far Lv 8 and only eating x5 grinders per level.

Right, but what I'm wondering is if I can just do the XQ until I get enough Fi mats to finish the ring and use it on other classes like Ra or Fo so I don't have to run it 30 more times

Shadowstarkirby
Nov 24, 2016, 06:40 AM
What's that bruh? You play Fi and want a weapon weakness for stage 10? ...naaaah. Got this Gunslash you can use though bruh. Plays like ass with noncancelable PAs and shit DPS, but you'll be fine taking on Illusia and Drago with it over your main weapons.

Good shit. I was only able to clear 6-10 switching from my usual Iron Will tree to Automate because apparently stuffing a room full of enemies spamming homing projectiles and stuns makes a fun fair fight. If SEGA didn't make the change to reduce the Extreme Pass cost from 5 to 1, I wouldn't even bother with this at all.

Reading that the rings actually do something besides being a useless unnoticeable aura is actually nice to hear. I'm not exactly looking forward to doing 6-10 repeatedly, but if the rings stat increases are really good at Lv 20, I'll subject myself to the torture.

final_attack
Nov 24, 2016, 06:42 AM
5 times clear as GuHu (I had to change into Automate + 2 FlashGuard + MassiveHunter build, with usual FuryStance without critical, and Lv5 FuryCombo)
Only got 33 (already made the ring, so only 32 shown)
http://puu.sh/ssSqk/cff3741c5c.jpg
Apparently you need 5 material for each grind starting from +10 -> +11

Also, using 250% and 100% TriBoost (1 run only gave 4 mats once, other than that ...... divide it evenly)

The hardest part is Hagito :v
Damn it.

Vatallus
Nov 24, 2016, 06:55 AM
5 for each grind starting from 10 to 11? I cry.

Zephyrion
Nov 24, 2016, 07:50 AM
What's that bruh? You play Fi and want a weapon weakness for stage 10? ...naaaah. Got this Gunslash you can use though bruh. Plays like ass with noncancelable PAs and shit DPS, but you'll be fine taking on Illusia and Drago with it over your main weapons.

Good shit. I was only able to clear 6-10 switching from my usual Iron Will tree to Automate because apparently stuffing a room full of enemies spamming homing projectiles and stuns makes a fun fair fight. If SEGA didn't make the change to reduce the Extreme Pass cost from 5 to 1, I wouldn't even bother with this at all.

Reading that the rings actually do something besides being a useless unnoticeable aura is actually nice to hear. I'm not exactly looking forward to doing 6-10 repeatedly, but if the rings stat increases are really good at Lv 20, I'll subject myself to the torture.

Lol No whine, cleared that as wand + Bow TE/BR, including stage 10 that isn't weak to any. I'd rather FI gunslash any day xD

Shadowstarkirby
Nov 24, 2016, 08:30 AM
Lol No whine, cleared that as wand + Bow TE/BR, including stage 10 that isn't weak to any. I'd rather FI gunslash any day xD

Sounds terrible.

http://imgur.com/TImEP4L

Also the ring is terrible unless you're a Fi. In case you don't see the image, it's 1% DMG, 10% Crit, and 3% DMG reduction at Lv 20.

Sonichi
Nov 24, 2016, 08:40 AM
While this XQ is shyte with rewards, I can't wait to combine my Whithill Leg with my Austere units. Sweet sweet 20atk/20pp mmm.

final_attack
Nov 24, 2016, 09:16 AM
Just for confirmation regarding 5 Material for +10 -> +11 (I did it to +12, it also cost 5 material for +11 -> +12)

The cost from +1 -> +10 = Grinder Only
+10 -> +11 (as shown) = 5 Grinder, 5 ClassMaterial, 3 LambdaGrinder
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/ssXWY/b2b1d139ab.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

at least it's 100% chance to success :wacko:

SteveCZ
Nov 24, 2016, 01:26 PM
The rings are nice for jobs with crits.

Zysets
Nov 24, 2016, 01:29 PM
Hm, I think I'll pass on this one for now. I'm more focused on finishing maxing out and affixing my Gix weapons for Fighter, maybe I'll go back and give this quest a shot in the future. I don't feel a reason to try it at this moment, the reward doesn't seem worth it, when i could/ be getting better weapons instead.

I do want the Fi ring though, at least to say "I got it!" eventually.

nguuuquaaa
Nov 24, 2016, 01:31 PM
More crit for FI is always welcomed.

TehCubey
Nov 24, 2016, 04:29 PM
Cleared it. As a Fi, the 8th stage is most annoying because enemies need to be killed from behind. On the other hand, clearing the stage order makes foes in stage 9 weak to knuckles, while the stage itself means you want to use anything BUT knuckles (well, except maybe on Hagito).

Frankly it feels like getting Anga to spawn on the final stage means you won already. Having to fight two bosses at once is trickier than Anga all by itself, even with healing block.

SteveCZ
Nov 24, 2016, 08:10 PM
Cleared it. As a Fi, the 8th stage is most annoying because enemies need to be killed from behind. On the other hand, clearing the stage order makes foes in stage 9 weak to knuckles, while the stage itself means you want to use anything BUT knuckles (well, except maybe on Hagito).

Frankly it feels like getting Anga to spawn on the final stage means you won already. Having to fight two bosses at once is trickier than Anga all by itself, even with healing block.

If I recall... the one-eyed monsters always spawn as long as the pinky one is alive so that's your chance if you miss the others.

TehCubey
Nov 24, 2016, 08:39 PM
If I recall... the one-eyed monsters always spawn as long as the pinky one is alive so that's your chance if you miss the others.

That's true. It means keeping Maxwell's Demon alive while bosses spawn though.

Vatallus
Nov 24, 2016, 10:30 PM
So... Hu/Su won't have any problems clearing this. Nothing here hits hard except for boosted Vegas. And with 1950 s def even that is 350-400. While most other things are 1 to 200.

and Hu/Su has 2700 s def.

echofaith
Nov 25, 2016, 12:17 AM
Meh, took me 5 tries to best last set :/. I never done laplace demon or Vegas liberty statue, so I was losinng mates on them. Last floor follows a similar formula like old heaven or hell in where you wanna dps check them, unless you want to fight all 4 bosses at the end together...Managed to take Hagito somehow when that happened, and rest was slightly easier. Not trying to max this ring until sega releases a stun protection ring though...

Saffran
Nov 25, 2016, 01:13 AM
I think Hagito only used the stun balls during the entire floor. Such a cheap move, too.
(not as cheap as using a chainsaw but hey)

final_attack
Nov 25, 2016, 03:01 AM
Ah, also, for people who wanted to +20 the Class-ring ...... JP wiki says you'll need "Ace of [class]" for +19 -> +20 (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AD%E3%83%AB%E3%83%AA%E3% 83%B3%E3%82%B0#me0634a2) ......

So, based on wiki ..... +20 bonuses are :
+1% damage, 10% critical rate, -3% damage taken? o-O

sparab
Nov 25, 2016, 03:33 AM
Ah, also, for people who wanted to +20 the Class-ring ...... JP wiki says you'll need "Ace of [class]" for +19 -> +20 (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AD%E3%83%AB%E3%83%AA%E3% 83%B3%E3%82%B0#me0634a2) ......

So, based on wiki ..... +20 bonuses are :
+1% damage, 10% critical rate, -3% damage taken? o-O

Ace stickers are much easier to drop after this update. The ring, however, is a trash and proof of bad player.

ralf542
Nov 25, 2016, 03:48 AM
So... Hu/Su won't have any problems clearing this. Nothing here hits hard except for boosted Vegas. And with 1950 s def even that is 350-400. While most other things are 1 to 200.

Do you reach 2700S-def with this setup? Hu/Su ~586 S-Def + 200 from skill tree + 90 class boost + 1067 from Austere (or crafted Austere 1088, or 1043 P Drive+Double) + 240 (Astral+Returner V+Ability3) + Deband Drink EX = 2644 S-Def, Hu/Fi would have 2421 S-Def

Vatallus
Nov 25, 2016, 05:02 AM
Do you reach 2700S-def with this setup? Hu/Su ~586 S-Def + 200 from skill tree + 90 class boost + 1067 from Austere (or crafted Austere 1088, or 1043 P Drive+Double) + 240 (Astral+Returner V+Ability3) + Deband Drink EX = 2644 S-Def, Hu/Fi would have 2421 S-Def

I think you are missing some variables. Like team drink, the deband capsule from the item counter, and the little differences race does. Human Male Hu/Su would be 815 instead 75/75 + skill tree. There are others but you'd have better luck asking someone who actually plays Guard Stance Hu/Su what they would do. If you only want S def I don't see Astral and Returner needing to be a thing since there is Body V and Def/HP souls.

Tree drink is another 20% assuming your team has it at max level. Then there is still the deband capsule, and probably other things. Astral and Returner V won't be required.

echofaith
Nov 25, 2016, 05:31 AM
I tried with deband buffs just now for the lulz, and the run went much more smooth(though it could be cause I just slept). Managed to get 13 stones this run, so I may be able to finish this ring in 3 more runs.

Vatallus
Nov 25, 2016, 05:38 AM
Been doing the same on my Fi/Hu. I don't use Massive Hunter so if I'm going to be dealing with stunlock happy enemies... well they might as well be doing low damage rolls.

Only running this for Fighter too since the ring gives 10% more crit chance at lv 20. Can always use 10% more chance of doing 15% more damage.

final_attack
Nov 25, 2016, 09:19 AM
A bit off topic :
[SPOILER-BOX]
Actually, I just remembered I saw a feed on twitter before (a bit after Su implemented maybe ...... ), some JP did make S-Def based Hu, dunno the tree since it's not posted (the tree), only stats screen SS ...... S-Atk 2k-ish, S-Def 3k-ish, and using NoxSword (probably GuardStance due to weapon's choice), if I remember it right (forgot the exact detail of course, 3000~3500 S-Def or maybe more? And probably had 200 S-Def Mag).[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, can the Class-ring's effect be used for all classes? :o
Seems like I'll go all-out to complete the Gu-ring (if Material drops isn't trolling me next week) ..... and if I have time to grind the ring's EXP itself to +20.

Ring stat wise, I'd better off with CStrikeRanged-ring for my Gu .....
And if it's possible to use Gu-ring on Fi-main, I guess I "might" use that (or just stay with KillingBonus + truck-mode-StraightCharge-Type0 ) :o

Bellion
Nov 25, 2016, 10:01 AM
Ring is underwhelming but still worth using for a Fighter.

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKszAq8PVY

Volg Raptors love disappearing into Anga. /o\[/SPOILER-BOX]

noppai
Nov 25, 2016, 02:32 PM
Ring is underwhelming but still worth using for a Fighter.

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKszAq8PVY

Volg Raptors love disappearing into Anga. /o\[/SPOILER-BOX]

Do you mind sharing your gear and weapon palette?

Bellion
Nov 25, 2016, 02:50 PM
Sure

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/pso20161125_143800_000_zps78dpdtej.jpg
Everything has at least 100 attack affixed on them. I have shock on my dagger for a certain dragon boss. I only use Fake Capture as a method of a fast TAJA(also the fastest way to JA in general with a DS).
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/pso20161125_143913_001_zpsizryvm3o.jpg
All Austere units have the same Leone Soul, Pow 3, Modulator, Alter Arma, and Noble Stamina.
I used Killing Bonus, PP Convert, and the Fi Symbol Ring.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Still experimenting with skill trees but I used this during that run: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11dAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdOdBIol2IbiNfqntKJkrKI2In000000jdodAI2bndAeB fJkrsASfdAqB00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000i oIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

Altiea
Nov 25, 2016, 03:28 PM
If Sigma weren't obsolete, this Ring would be what I need to complete a Crit build. But I guess I'll just wait on the es-exclusive 13s.

Zephyrion
Nov 25, 2016, 04:42 PM
You're probably all tired of people doing awesome stuff in their solo XQ runs, gracefully destroying everything around here while showing how cool and incredible they are, and how beautiful their gear is.
Fear not ! I recorded one of my less scrubby runs with TE/BR (yeah...you don't want to see the scrubbier ones). Sweat,uselessly long-ass fights,mess-ups, you've got it all ! only redeeming points is that I didn't die (yay) and didn't get ping-ponged too badly (yaaay x 2)
Oh well hope that if someone wants to clear that as TE/BR (oh boy do you like leather), they could use that as a base to see what they shouldn't do, maaaybe pick one thing or two, and hopefully present a decent run !

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmhxvY9IbUM&t=513s[/SPOILER-BOX]

Batty
Nov 25, 2016, 04:47 PM
completed it as bouncer, quite easy if you just kite them from high altitude, anga has no way to reach you on her second form. the most anoying thing i would say it was hagito and his stun balls spaming

about the skill ring, i equiped no problem on my hunter and still got the glowly symbol on my character hand, still too soon to test if the actual stats still affect since its only +2 atm

speaking of wich, does it always ask for 5 grinders to grind up or it ask something different as it goes up?

final_attack
Nov 25, 2016, 05:30 PM
speaking of wich, does it always ask for 5 grinders to grind up or it ask something different as it goes up?

Additional 5 ClassMaterial + LambdaGrinder from +10 -> +11 ...... for each grind.
I heard it'll also need "Ace of [class]" for +19 -> +20, as I've posted before.

echofaith
Nov 25, 2016, 05:32 PM
I am curious about the last level up of the ring (19-20) It says you need the heaven or hell drop. But do you still need the 5 class materials? I read in the moonspeak of google translated comments in the wiki that 45 materials should cover the ring(so 11-19).

Juts want to make sure before I decide to run this annoying quest again :/

Maulcun
Nov 25, 2016, 05:55 PM
What's the best ring to pick up on ?

Batty
Nov 25, 2016, 06:41 PM
so 5 materials per grind starting with +10 to +11? thats like 5 or 6 runs of the quest for a +20 ring. atleast the grind rate is 100%

What's the best ring to pick up on ?

they all do the same, and all classes can equip it so use the one you can get your hands on. thank god i didnt threw away the spare ace of bouncer i obtained when i finished heaven and hell

i can see this ring replacing perfect keeper rings, you lose 2% dmg but the unconditional 10% crit and -3% recived dmg should worth the lost.... right?

MightyHarken
Nov 26, 2016, 04:21 AM
Has someone completed this as ra main? Why does sega insist on making shit that only ranger would struggle lol. wb nerf? seriously?

vantpers
Nov 26, 2016, 07:57 AM
I wish Rangers would just shut up. Always the same "it's unfair unless I get to use red WB that triples my DPS". Ranger DPS is pretty huge if you hit a weakpoint red WB or not, compared to most other classes. Giving Ranger red WB solo is just shitting on other classes and giving him an easy way to kill enemies before they are even done spawning.

The game's had enough trouble with several EQs going into abandon mode if there was no WB in the first minute.

Zephyrion
Nov 26, 2016, 10:28 AM
What I answer to rangers complaining about wb and forgetting how good the class is even with nerfed wb

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBIo7KtJ9yY[/SPOILER-BOX]

MightyHarken
Nov 26, 2016, 12:17 PM
What I answer to rangers complaining about wb and forgetting how good the class is even with nerfed wb

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBIo7KtJ9yY[/SPOILER-BOX]

lol? You just showed me a video with solo XQ 1 who the hell is unable to finish this as ra main?. Isnīt this thread solo XQ 2? Your response is out of place and stupid.

Zephyrion
Nov 26, 2016, 01:12 PM
lol? You just showed me a video with solo XQ 1 who the hell is unable to finish this as ra main?. Isnīt this thread solo XQ 2? Your response is out of place and stupid.

My point was that once things are worked out, people will find ways to clear this fast and efficiently, there is no way we would have imagined RA clearing that solo XQ under 3 minutes before, and yet people kept on working on strategies to deal with each stage, regardless of the class. You made it sound like RA couldn't clear any of the stuff without struggling because it's RA, and because weakened wb, much like people did in first solo XQ, and yet, people figured stuff out and here we are

In other words, instead of complaining about how your class struggles with it because x or y reasons, find ways and strategies to make it work, that's all there is to it. This one is a bit too new for me to have actual good RA footage, but I promise I'll get rid of that "out of place and stupid" link and replace it with a proper run once I find one

vantpers
Nov 26, 2016, 01:20 PM
He shows Ranger working efficiently without the need for WB. Maybe you should just give up on trying to complete the quest. The ring isn't good anyway, and there are no blocks with this quest as prerequisite.

Flaoc
Nov 26, 2016, 02:02 PM
the ring is good for fi.. also jp ping does wonderful things with launcher.. but as bellion proved a long time ago ra can do the 1st solo xq just fine.. 2nd should be manageable as well like shit if gu can do it when they have all the odds stacked against them in this one then ra can as well

Sonichi
Nov 26, 2016, 04:55 PM

I main Ra/Hu, and I cleared this XQ2 with some difficulties the first few times, imo just forget rifle when it's not a stage weakness. Cosmos Breaker, Divine Launcher and Rodeo Drive are very effective here and so is the Slow Dive Roll ring. It took me a lot more attempts to get it down but it was good fun learning.

Personally though, the ring is not worth it in my opinion. If you use a D-AIS rifle then keep Crit Shooting ring, if you don't then keep PK ring. Ranger does not need the 3% damage resistance, because you shouldn't be getting hit in theory. If you don't already though, Austere units are a recommendation of mine over Kaiser/Orbit or Saiki here, and everywhere in general right now really. (Austere + Whithill Leg is very VERY nice).

Also for those saying "Rangers are just crying because WB is nerfed", there isn't a great deal of available heads to shoot here, and even doing so isn't really as effective as just using the launcher on it's stages. WB "nerf" doesn't really mean shit nowadays, Ranger's problem is the fact standing snipe still exists. I can put bets that most people probably haven't even attempted this as RA, and only went as their safe-zone Fi/Br/Hu only.

Flaoc
Nov 26, 2016, 06:42 PM
people are really calling fi an easy class to play? lolk

vantpers
Nov 26, 2016, 07:14 PM
It's easy if you can manage not to press the shiny Limit Break button. But then it's pretty much Hunter with Fighter weapons.

Tymek
Nov 26, 2016, 08:23 PM
For all Hunters and Bouncers out there:
What kind of gear were you using for this, and which kinds of skill trees?

Flaoc
Nov 26, 2016, 09:10 PM
right lemme guess you think fi easy mode is cause of deadly circle 0 huh.. lemme tell you that the dps is shit if you only do that.. i guess you could do that but meh enjoy being worthless where it counts then

vantpers
Nov 26, 2016, 09:24 PM
Deadly Circle certainly makes it easy if your only goal is to pass something, like don't know, maybe the XQ we're talking about. Double Saber certainly as a whole isn't that complicated to play okayish if you spare a few points in step.

MightyHarken
Nov 26, 2016, 09:25 PM
I main Ra/Hu, and I cleared this XQ2 with some difficulties the first few times, imo just forget rifle when it's not a stage weakness. Cosmos Breaker, Divine Launcher and Rodeo Drive are very effective here and so is the Slow Dive Roll ring. It took me a lot more attempts to get it down but it was good fun learning.

Personally though, the ring is not worth it in my opinion. If you use a D-AIS rifle then keep Crit Shooting ring, if you don't then keep PK ring. Ranger does not need the 3% damage resistance, because you shouldn't be getting hit in theory. If you don't already though, Austere units are a recommendation of mine over Kaiser/Orbit or Saiki here, and everywhere in general right now really. (Austere + Whithill Leg is very VERY nice).

Also for those saying "Rangers are just crying because WB is nerfed", there isn't a great deal of available heads to shoot here, and even doing so isn't really as effective as just using the launcher on it's stages. WB "nerf" doesn't really mean shit nowadays, Ranger's problem is the fact standing snipe still exists. I can put bets that most people probably haven't even attempted this as RA, and only went as their safe-zone Fi/Br/Hu only.

Thatīs what Iīve been doing. Only tried it 2 times and managed to get to stage 9. I know itīs a matter of learning the pattern, my complain is how other classes can just cheese it lol.

sparab
Nov 27, 2016, 02:24 AM
Personally though, the ring is not worth it in my opinion. If you use a D-AIS rifle then keep Crit Shooting ring, if you don't then keep PK ring. Ranger does not need the 3% damage resistance, because you shouldn't be getting hit in theory. If you don't already though, Austere units are a recommendation of mine over Kaiser/Orbit or Saiki here, and everywhere in general right now really. (Austere + Whithill Leg is very VERY nice)

I disagree with "Ra shouldn't get hit in theory" part. As part time RaHu main I can testify a Ra deals most damage on stationary targets, which mean they are either stunned or attacking. In some case you may want to trade half of your health for a full hit sate cannon.
Damage reduction and massive hunter grant you more damage opportunity and room for error.

But trading 2% damage for 3% reduction is just not worth. With auto mate your health should stay above 75% most of the times.

Altiea
Nov 27, 2016, 12:43 PM
right lemme guess you think fi easy mode is cause of deadly circle 0 huh.. lemme tell you that the dps is shit if you only do that.. i guess you could do that but meh enjoy being worthless where it counts then

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYpG3WaPc2M

Sonichi
Nov 27, 2016, 12:54 PM
people are really calling fi an easy class to play? lolk

Yes because learning to time your JAs properly and rotate a standardised high DPS combo is not hard. People have been doing it and demonstrating it for years now, even since before TAJA was a thing. The challenging bit is doing that in LB and not being hit a single time. No class is "hard" to play, once you understand how it works.

You don't even need to spam deadly circle when you have Automate healing your ass and massive hunter on. Hell you can even survive a single hit with 1point in Iron Will and decent Austere units, so it really isn't any harder than a Hunter or a Bouncer. I'd say bouncer is probably harder because it's damage is lower than the other two even.

Thatīs what Iīve been doing. Only tried it 2 times and managed to get to stage 9. I know itīs a matter of learning the pattern, my complain is how other classes can just cheese it lol.

It took me a good few hours, but it was a learning experience in the end. Being able to cheese the XQ doesn't say much about a player though realistically, and that's what these solo XQs are meant to do, differ the strong from the weak.

I disagree with "Ra shouldn't get hit in theory" part. As part time RaHu main I can testify a Ra deals most damage on stationary targets, which mean they are either stunned or attacking. In some case you may want to trade half of your health for a full hit sate cannon.
Damage reduction and massive hunter grant you more damage opportunity and room for error.

But trading 2% damage for 3% reduction is just not worth. With auto mate your health should stay above 75% most of the times.

Ofcourse, but at the end of the day trying to not get hit AND outputting damage is a good habit to get into, especially if come EP5 Automate and Massive Hunter, and the likes become Main-class only skills in order to shake up player skill across the community. It's a game with varying degrees of generous dodge mechanics afterall.

Flaoc
Nov 27, 2016, 01:31 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYpG3WaPc2M

oh right i forgot the detail of uncharged in my post.. charged is significantly stronger while uncharged is basically what i said earlier

Ofcourse, but at the end of the day trying to not get hit AND outputting damage is a good habit to get into, especially if come EP5 Automate and Massive Hunter, and the likes become Main-class only skills in order to shake up player skill across the community. It's a game with varying degrees of generous dodge mechanics afterall.

meh works for me since i already play without auto on fi most of the time though i doubt massive would become main class only (hah rip ranger if that happens since tanking hits as ra to use sat cannon or ea is pretty much needed to have competitive dps modern day.. sure you can do the whole look at me playing safe but your dps will be way lower as ra.. no automate would be ok ust would need adjusting to on said rahu while tanking hits for dps)

Sonichi
Nov 27, 2016, 02:06 PM
oh right i forgot the detail of uncharged in my post.. charged is significantly stronger while uncharged is basically what i said earlier

meh works for me since i already play without auto on fi most of the time though i doubt massive would become main class only (hah rip ranger if that happens since tanking hits as ra to use sat cannon or ea is pretty much needed to have competitive dps modern day.. sure you can do the whole look at me playing safe but your dps will be way lower as ra.. no automate would be ok ust would need adjusting to on said rahu while tanking hits for dps)

Because people only play a class for it's DPS and not because they enjoy how it plays, right? If people cared about "competitive" DPS they'd only play FO, but hey people play a class for fun too isn't that a weird concept to grasp.

Altiea
Nov 27, 2016, 02:46 PM
I main Jet Boots because they're fun. I don't really care about how they stack up against other types of weapons.

sparab
Nov 27, 2016, 03:13 PM

Ra can still do well without automate/Mhunter through para slider zero spamming (like those in XH blocks).
However I do consider tanking damage and evaluating risk/gain a part of Ra mechanic which should remain this way. If you prefer fast action and no damage, Gu is obviously the better choice.

Tunga
Nov 27, 2016, 03:59 PM
It was pretty meh as a HuFi. Literally it was just nova>nova>nova for almost everything for me. Some bosses like Mech kittens and UQ Amdu ones was just Rising+IG parry. And for Anga Dogdarge, just 2 Volg+put combos was enough to put him down on each phase.

Vatallus
Nov 27, 2016, 04:30 PM
I don't have M.Hunter or Automate on my Fighter. Now, nothing in this game is actually hard to play, but some classes do take a bit more effort than just spamming the same PA over and over again if you want to max your DPS.

Granted, I know people like using the handicap known as automate, but I can't give anyone grief for choosing to get M.Hunter in content where half of the enemies are spamming a stunlock ability.

Though for the sake of argument, if you are going to claim a class is easy, at least acknowledge that none of the classes in this game are actually hard to play outside of these solo extreme quest.

vantpers
Nov 27, 2016, 04:39 PM
Woah so all classes are easy to play up until you are left alone without an MPA to carry your ass.

And who lets Leone and Leopard even move to get that Ignite off. You can melt them before they even do their shout unless you start at 0PP, and Leone 50% of the time won't even try to launch it and instead will just repeat spawn animation for whatever reason.

Tunga
Nov 27, 2016, 05:38 PM
You can melt them before they even do their shout
No shit cpt. obvious, but that's boring.

vantpers
Nov 27, 2016, 05:55 PM
How are you gonna make the fight fun if any sneeze at their legs makes them flinch?

ArcaneTechs
Nov 27, 2016, 07:19 PM
Woah so all classes are easy to play up until you are left alone without an MPA to carry your ass.

youre being sarcastic right?

Vatallus
Nov 27, 2016, 11:06 PM
I think he is trying to be serious.

Zysets
Nov 28, 2016, 12:07 AM
I don't have M.Hunter or Automate on my Fighter.

Neither do I, I main Fi/Hu, and I've rarely felt like I had much to gain from Automate. I can always heal at the end of Limit Break, and with most bosses (and some enemies) giving you a pretty good heads up on what attacks they'll use, and just getting used to the timing of a dodge or TD weapon action helps a lot. I could make the case for M.Hunter, but I find just dodges and hitting things before they get me has worked fine, haha.

FireswordRus
Nov 28, 2016, 04:26 AM
I can always heal via automate during Limit Break, and just ignore 99% incoming damage. I am can fight against diabo and 2 bayari + trash enemy during LB also i am take iAIS with them. This is only thanks for MH and automate.

vantpers
Nov 28, 2016, 04:26 AM
I am pretty serious. Playing most classes in the game optimally can be pretty hard, you don't see 1000 PD solo runs close to class's theoretical maximum speed done by 1000 different persons. Most of the game is people calling it easy because they can just go with the flow of never failing MPAs designed for 4 okayish players and 8 slots of buffer in case you get total dead weight there. I honestly can't even call the new solo XQ easy cause getting a good time is gonna be hard especially for single weapon runs where stages go from spawnkilling enemies really fast to actually having to optimize your play with attacking enemies.

And honestly calling the XQ easy can be kind of hypocritical by people using Gix weapons with end game sets with 100m affixes, like even me besides the affix part. Normal players generally struggle even if they have a decent idea of what to do simply because they will get hit for effectively twice more than the popular Astral Soul + some stamina or boost + other affixes summing up to 115+ attack and lots of auxiliary stats, and might not pass many DPS checks. They also might not have different weapons so stage weakness is out of question many times. I can say I went there and passed it without much trouble using just one weapon but I am not sure if I could say it when using babby's first unit set with some low or mid tier 13* and without hundreds of hours of actual playtime.

Sonichi
Nov 28, 2016, 07:22 AM
Just for the record I said Fighter wasn't hard, because the concept of TAJA is not hard. Sure it may be harder than other classes because you cannot just spam, but in reality rotating 2-3 PAs isn't really any harder if you have any skill as a player whatsoever. I do not use automate, but a large number of players do and that's why I mentioned it as making every class easy, people who use that have basically no penalty for messing up, and those s-atk ups or whatever people take instead really don't equate to a massive increase in damage. Massive Hunter for DSing really is a wonderful thing though in modern content.

At the same time the amount of uptime you do gain by having MH or Automate active isn't one to laugh at, just as with ranger "needing" them, other classes become an invincible facetank of DPS with them, and in the game's current state that's how people are gonna want to play. The difference in someones damage is going to boil down to how well they make use of their PP, TAJA and how they capitalize on an enemies weakness/stun phase, not whether they took a safety net or 150 s-atk etc and can brag about "no crutches".

When it comes to this solo XQ, it's one piece of content and like the last one, when you clear it 5x a week for many months it'll become nothing but a forgettable breeze, future PAs and balance adjustments will futher make it easier. (See Deadly Circle-0 and Parallel Slider-0) Plenty of people struggle to play alone without an MPA or small party and that will always be the case, and those people probably manage to do quite alright in quests because they aren't the center or aggro.

FireswordRus
Nov 28, 2016, 08:28 AM
Sonichi i am dont say what you are not right. I am good not only with my HP/attack affixes. I am good, because i am can use many Fi PA with various combination and in right time. I am have gix DS too w/o automate, but game play during LB slightly difference. IF my HP 25% i am use IR+Shaos riser, when hp below 8-10% i am more use acro effect and deadly circle, kamaitachi(healing guard helps a lot), waiting for time to release chaose riser. With automate my play style just little more aggresive. But average DPS are kinda same (in long time MPA). Ppl with full atk affixes just a little careful during LB.

My engrish don't allow me explain it right. All classes have kinda same difficult to use and it is not TAJA or same skill. Need to know what PA need to use next time for greater efficiency (i am use all DS PA) , need to know the strengths and weaknesses of your build. I am seen a lot classes who have expensive affixess and the are totaly suck in Amd UQ. skills, weapons, affixes dont make you good instantly.
Sorry for engrish.

MightyHarken
Nov 28, 2016, 07:12 PM
Just for the record I said Fighter wasn't hard, because the concept of TAJA is not hard. Sure it may be harder than other classes because you cannot just spam, but in reality rotating 2-3 PAs isn't really any harder if you have any skill as a player whatsoever. I do not use automate, but a large number of players do and that's why I mentioned it as making every class easy, people who use that have basically no penalty for messing up, and those s-atk ups or whatever people take instead really don't equate to a massive increase in damage. Massive Hunter for DSing really is a wonderful thing though in modern content.

At the same time the amount of uptime you do gain by having MH or Automate active isn't one to laugh at, just as with ranger "needing" them, other classes become an invincible facetank of DPS with them, and in the game's current state that's how people are gonna want to play. The difference in someones damage is going to boil down to how well they make use of their PP, TAJA and how they capitalize on an enemies weakness/stun phase, not whether they took a safety net or 150 s-atk etc and can brag about "no crutches".

When it comes to this solo XQ, it's one piece of content and like the last one, when you clear it 5x a week for many months it'll become nothing but a forgettable breeze, future PAs and balance adjustments will futher make it easier. (See Deadly Circle-0 and Parallel Slider-0) Plenty of people struggle to play alone without an MPA or small party and that will always be the case, and those people probably manage to do quite alright in quests because they aren't the center or aggro.

What class do you use?

TheFanaticViper
Nov 29, 2016, 06:12 AM
Just for the record I said Fighter wasn't hard, because the concept of TAJA is not hard.

The difficulty of Fighter class is learning the (very short) defensive move timing (step, PA block, shift frame). I played HU and BR katana before try FI, and the guard button missed me a lot at the beginning.

Hucast-Kireek
Nov 29, 2016, 07:25 AM
What about Hunter or Braver?

What is the best strategy here?

Tunga
Nov 29, 2016, 07:28 AM
youre being sarcastic right?

Knowing him, he is.

Zephyrion
Nov 29, 2016, 10:40 AM
There, not out of place and stupid video post, soooo what about RA being terrible at this solo XQ again ? (ok I'm kinda being a troll there, but still, you can always works things out with some dedication !)

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Xrytj7VkM[/SPOILER-BOX]

SteveCZ
Nov 29, 2016, 10:50 AM
massive hunter ftw.

Vatallus
Nov 29, 2016, 11:05 AM
How dare you melt those enemies and not have any fun.

Saffran
Nov 29, 2016, 06:09 PM
Even guard stance hunters have it easy (not really).

https://youtu.be/NhMesKaZ6DA

No I'm not embedding it, it's 1440p.

MightyHarken
Nov 29, 2016, 06:37 PM
There, not out of place and stupid video post, soooo what about RA being terrible at this solo XQ again ? (ok I'm kinda being a troll there, but still, you can always works things out with some dedication !)

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Xrytj7VkM[/SPOILER-BOX]

Wow, and you're so ignorant that you think he didn't die at least 10 times to find out the best pattern to follow? Also, did he just roll twice at :55

Zephyrion
Nov 29, 2016, 06:58 PM
Wow, and you're so ignorant that you think he didn't die at least 10 times to find out the best pattern to follow? Also, did he just roll twice at :55

Huuuum, with "some dedication" means "yeah you're going to experiment, and die, and fail several times until you find out how to clear stuff efficiently" RA still yet again, one of the fastest at clearing this solo XQ. I really don't mean to ruffle some feathers, just to point out that RA has it harder than other classes at solo XQ at first because unlike most classes out there, you can't just be content with rushing and using whatever high dps PA and be done with it. However calling the class weak, or bad at this solo XQ just because weakened wb or "you actually have to be resourceful to be efficient" is something I can't agree with.

Let's leave it at that, I don't want this thread to become toxic over such a stupid argument anyway.

Also the double roll at 0:55 is performed by doing roll > LA > roll. you can only do two rolls in a row afaik

SteveCZ
Nov 29, 2016, 08:32 PM

Dude that's like 20 min+ run. And youtube always have lower resolutions even it has 1440p version so it's fine to embed it here.

Saffran
Nov 30, 2016, 07:02 AM
Yeah it's a long run, which kind of was my point. Guard Stance users are limited into the DPS they have, but even they can clear the quest. It does take a while because I was just screwing around - not looking at conditions, not changing weapons, etc.

I'll take note for next time.

ralf542
Nov 30, 2016, 09:22 AM

Would be too good if you would post if Chainsawd has UB affixed or not and how much Defense you have and maybe know if you have JA Bonus 1+2 and Guard Stance Advance maxed. But maybe i should know that Guard Stance guys don't waste SP on damage skills.

Saffran
Nov 30, 2016, 10:10 AM
Ah, I do have JA bonus 1+2 and GS Advance maxed, as those are my only damage multipliers available. But it's true that I should have mentionned them.
The Chainsaw does not have UB.
Defenses are 1575/1512/1436.

Zorak000
Nov 30, 2016, 11:04 AM
summoner (fighter sub) clears have been pretty consistent for me so far

Stage 6:
TPS Popple Territory a few feet in front of you to kill EX when it falls in, walk around to not die to arrows.
Popple Chaser the archers
swap out to Marron before Deadleon spawns

Stage 7:
Popple Territory the center of the stage and stand in it
Popple Territory guncat's head
Marron bladecat

Stage 8:
Kill all the adds, leave Laplace’s Demon alive to spawn Maxwell's Demons to clear the stage trial; I find Jinga Assault causes your Jinga to be registered as behind the target by the time they are damaged.
I just kill the other bosses with Jinga's durability to keep the heat off of myself

Stage 9:
Popple Territory the center of the stage, let the zombies run into the danger zone but try not to get hit by them
Popple Chaser the Road Rollers
Popple Chaser the snake helicoptors
Marron greenboy; every clear so far has caused Quartz to spawn in before greenboy dies, and Quartz usually gets caught in the marron explosion too

Stage 10:
Marron Illusia
use whatever to kill Laplace's Demon and greenboy
Marron Guzoras, if it's still alive finish it with Synchro while it's still stunned from whatever you broke with Marron (preferably the head)
Aero Shout->Stab Anga's first form. some of Anga's attack patterns (leans forward to shoot a couple lasers at the target with aggro) let you get away with doing that
Aero/Jinga basic attacks on Angadog's core, it literally has trouble attacking things that are behind and slightly above it
When your Marron is back up, finish it.

or if you have 6 marrons you can just use those to kill everything

MDashK
Nov 30, 2016, 06:53 PM
Here's my run, I hope it's helpfull for someone:
Passed has Br/Hu.

https://youtu.be/-eFHMcNTA9w

You can check my gear in the beginning of the video.
It wasn't my best run (for all the other floors), but it was the one I managed to record to MP4 and pass floor 10.

echofaith
Nov 30, 2016, 10:38 PM
Honestly, it seems the more I try to avoid damage the worse I perform. I went yolo today without boost cause tree was dead and just spammed Nova Strike half asleep and boom, 5 mins faster than my previous run. Didnt even ran out of dimates this time S:

AutumnChronicle
Dec 1, 2016, 05:34 AM
Honestly, it seems the more I try to avoid damage the worse I perform. I went yolo today without boost cause tree was dead and just spammed Nova Strike half asleep and boom, 5 mins faster than my previous run. Didnt even ran out of dimates this time S:

Can confirm, trying to go ham with a DS worked out a lot better for me than trying to play it fast and smart with a partizan :(

Alenoir
Dec 1, 2016, 02:54 PM
SU/BR is pretty consistent without much fail. Your biggest enemy is literally 630. You need J Reversal Cover and Healing Guard though.

F6: Kill the archers first, then just deal with Quartz and Deadlion normally. Takes me about 2 Torim/Aero Stabs per archer. Take off the Healing Guard Ring, healing from the ring triggers the condition.

F7: Get rid of the healers ASAP (70% Maron is good enough, try Zondeel them together then jump bomb), than do as normal. Goron is weak kill confirmed, so just kill one of the cats after exposing their core on the head. Bird pretty good on exposing cores.

F8: Julius Nifta, then leave Laplace alive for Maxwell's. Deal with other stuffs when you wait for more Maxwell's to spawn.

F9: Maron heaven. Your PB should be back up by now, so Julius Nifta the zombies to take care of them. Build up a maron, bomb the RRs when two are near each other, then just bomb whenever for the tanks. Need backup damage for them outside of the bombs, I follow up with bird usually. When Hagito shows up, build a bomb, Point Assist him, throw a bomb, finish with 2 or 3 bird stab if he's not dead yet. He's usually gone before I get rid of the helis. Battle normally afterward. Don't Alter Ego here unless you want accidental death.

F10: Try to bomb Illusia's infection with Point Assist on. I faintly remember reaching a 999999 there. Do the rest normally like how you would in ult Amu. It's not much different.

Floor 7 can go faster probably than bombing the healers, but I was slightly drove up the wall with the amount of 630-at-stage-10s last week to really care. Hopefully can get some experiments in this week.