PDA

View Full Version : BSOD Upon startup, sometimes I get to login and then crash

Sunwei
Nov 30, 2016, 03:28 AM
I recently re-installed PSO2 and every time I start up the game, my computer crashes to the BSOD. The error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and I hear it's because there are driver issues with GameGaurd or something, but nobody has found a solution to the problem yet.

Im running:
Windows 10 version 1607
GeForceGTX960m
Intel Core i7

I've updated all of my drivers to the latest as well. Nothing I do keeps it from crashing my comp, I've even reinstalled windows as well.
Also, I don't have Avast. I thought it was the problem at first as well, but ever since wiping my computer and reinstalling Windows, I haven't reinstalled it. It's not the problem at all.

wefwq
Nov 30, 2016, 02:37 PM
Uninstall Windows 10.

Crevox
Nov 30, 2016, 02:38 PM
Uninstall Windows 10.

Has nothing to do with it.

Do other games have issues?

ArcaneTechs
Nov 30, 2016, 03:44 PM
arent Win 10 users suppose to white list GameGuard or w/e on Windows Defender? it's been awhile but i remember that being an issue for a lot of people back then, no idea how it's fairing now

Also try launching through Virtual and I think Windows mode (settings in the PSO2 launcher), maybe that will do something idk

Sunwei
Nov 30, 2016, 06:44 PM
Has nothing to do with it.

Do other games have issues?
Not to my knowledge, no. Everything else runs just fine, even other games that use GameGuard

arent Win 10 users suppose to white list GameGuard or w/e on Windows Defender? it's been awhile but i remember that being an issue for a lot of people back then, no idea how it's fairing now

Also try launching through Virtual and I think Windows mode (settings in the PSO2 launcher), maybe that will do something idk

I've done the whitelist thing after posting, but still crashed; as for the Virtual mode, I'll try that and edit this post with an update to see if it works. (Also, I've played PSO2 on Windows 10 before, just not this particular computer because it's brand new)

Saffran
Dec 1, 2016, 02:38 PM
That kind of error is driver related, but it could be any driver, not necessarily related to PSO2.
(I had my computer crash mid-game because the USB diver to my printer was trying something, I have no idea if I could fix it or not).

You need to look into the event viewer and look around the time it happened, then try disabling stuff randomly until you find what was wrong.