PDA

View Full Version : Item Are these units combo any better or worse than Saiki?

Xorrupt
Dec 8, 2016, 03:09 AM
Is Saiki worth switching to?

Currently I'm using:

Gruezorblura (+40 T-Atk and +15 PP) and
PP crafted Double arm and leg (+120 HP +20PP +10PP +10PP)
In total : +40 T-Atk +120 HP +55 PP

In comparison to those units...

PP crafted Saiki gives : +60 T-Atk +55 PP

Doesn't it pretty much worth to sacrifice 20 T-Atk for 120 HP and 1 additional ring slot? Apparently everyone I asked in game favored Saiki more and telling me to just use Saiki.

Nyansan
Dec 8, 2016, 05:32 AM
No need to switch to saiki now as your units are fine as it is. That 20 attack is pretty much negligible.

Kondibon
Dec 8, 2016, 07:31 AM
I'm with Nyansan. The set you have is arguably better than Saiki. People telling you saiki is the only good endgame set these days are the people who haven't put any thought into it themselves.

Selphea
Dec 8, 2016, 08:12 AM
Is Saiki worth switching to?

Currently I'm using:

Gruezorblura (+40 T-Atk and +15 PP) and
PP crafted Double arm and leg (+120 HP +20PP +10PP +10PP)
In total : +40 T-Atk +120 HP +55 PP

In comparison to those units...

PP crafted Saiki gives : +60 T-Atk +55 PP

Doesn't it pretty much worth to sacrifice 20 T-Atk for 120 HP and 1 additional ring slot? Apparently everyone I asked in game favored Saiki more and telling me to just use Saiki.

It depends on more than just the units really. If you already went out and put Flict + Mod + Noble on your set then reasonably it should last 6 months to a year. After that then you review and see if those units are still good a year down the road. If it's just cheap junk then switch freely of course.

Set-wise i would say an Austere + Ray or Whitill will be a clear upgrade. Anything less won't be noticeable. But even if the set is a clear upgrade, the affixes also should be an upgrade so maybe wait and see if units get Factors or better 12*s show up

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2016, 04:48 AM
Saiki because crafts (HP or PP, example: craft 2 for pp, one for hp) and Austere units (with austere wep if you'd like), I don't recommend any of the 12* units that are out now until they put out ones that are actually good (adding rings doesnt warrant a swap in units). Do what others are doing, wait for the new set of units to come out from the new DF, pretty much safe to assume these will be better over all

wssh
Dec 9, 2016, 08:37 AM
Don't use saiki over your current set. You gain nothing from switching, and lose a lot. HP and resists are really good right now. Double gives you a bunch of defenses you otherwise would not have with saiki.

Xorrupt
Dec 9, 2016, 11:51 AM
Oh yeah, and I have to mention that I'm asking this because I'm gonna execute my affixes once affix boost week arrives, so I don't know if I can wait for ESCA units to drop for me and another affix boost week...
Currently running with 95/8 and gonna make them 145/9.

echofaith
Dec 9, 2016, 01:44 PM
Either wait for new units, or stick to same ones. The 120 hp and ring slot feels more useful than 20 atk, and the fact you need to actually make the saiki from zero just makes it a bad idea in general.

Kondibon
Dec 9, 2016, 07:28 PM
I agree with everyone saying to wait for affixes. Chances are you're going to want 12* units for ring stuff eventuallt anyway. Might as well grab some that actually drop in an EQ instead of an ultimate quest that everyone is burnning themselves out of.

Saiki because crafts
I'd just like to mention that, with double units, not only can use whatever back unit you want, you can get the hp AND pp from a full PP set because of the Double units' set bonus. I honestly don't see why people say not to fully pp craft Saiki units but then think double units aren't worth the extra 120 hp over 60 atk. :/

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 07:36 PM
I agree with everyone saying to wait for affixes. Chances are you're going to want 12* units for ring stuff eventuallt anyway. Might as well grab some that actually drop in an EQ instead of an ultimate quest that everyone is burnning themselves out of.

I'd just like to mention that, with double units, not only can use whatever back unit you want, you can get the hp AND pp from a full PP set because of the Double units' set bonus. I honestly don't see why people say not to fully pp craft Saiki units but then think double units aren't worth the extra 120 hp over 60 atk. :/

I use the Ray Rear unit with Double Set, and I find it to be much better than a full Saiki set, at least for my play style. I use Saiki on my alt character (Br/Hu), but on my main (Fi/Hu),I feel like the HP boost and the ability to have an extra skill ring in there really helps much more than what Saiki could give me. The PP and Attack loss isn't so big that I'm losing anything with or without a full Saiki set on my main.

Ahri
Dec 9, 2016, 08:36 PM
The best combo of units is: Austere Rear + Austere Arm and Whitill Wing Leg (800 titles)

ArcaneTechs
Dec 10, 2016, 05:56 AM
Well I only say craft 2/3 for PP and 1/3 for HP because I see people always struggling to survive with the HP loss from crafting the units so people tend to hit the floor quicker thanks to mistakes or sometimes unavoidable situations. I always saw Doubles units as a Tank gear build, I've never seen anyone use these for Atk/PP purposes but again, I'm waiting on the new units, I'm not a fan of mix and matching, something that requires me to use set weapon for the bonus then when I need to swap to another weapon for w/e situation I lose that bonus. Thats just how I feel about it

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2016, 06:37 AM
I always saw Doubles units as a Tank gear build, I've never seen anyone use these for Atk/PP purposesIf you combine pp crafted double units with the kaiser rear (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AB%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BC%E3%83%AB%E3% 82%A8%E3%83%AB%E3%83%86) (it gives 15 pp base), you have as much as a full pp crafted Saiki set while still having the extra 120 hp. The only thing you lose when comparing it to saiki is the 60 atk. On top of that, you can replace the back unit with a more defensive one like the Sai Rear (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8F%E3%82%B8%E3% 83%A5%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B8) and still have decent pp while also having a total of 270 extra hp before even taking affixes into consideration. That's kind of overkill for anything that isn't PD though.

All that said, I'm not gonna tell someone who already has fully affixed and extended Saiki units to just throw them in the trash for double units or anything.

Oh, and I agree with you about set bonuses that include weapons. It's part of why I'm not bothering to get anymore 12* units yet (aren't their set bonuses garbage anyway?).