Maulcun
Dec 9, 2016, 07:03 AM
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYCLjP4eT8A&t=101s

Site

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20161124/01/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Raid Boss Quest for 12 Players
- 月駆ける幻創の母 (Mother Phantom Rush illusion)
- (Part 1) Chase after Mother aboard a Ride Roid.
- (Part 2) Face Mother directly in the quest’s latter half.

New Collection File
幻創の母コレクション (Phantom Mother Collection)
- Introducing the Astra series, an assortment of ★13 weapons

アストラセバル (ソード): Astra Separ (Sword)
アストラアドム(ワイヤー): Astra Adom (Wired Lance)
アストラゴージ(パルチ): Astra Gorge (Partizan)
アストラバニシュ(Tダガー): Astra Punish (Twin Dagger)
アストラディレン(ダブセ): Astra Direen (Double Saber)
アストラブレイク(ナックル): Astra Break (Knuckles)
アストラディフィ(ガンスラ): Astra Diffie (Gunslash)
アストラリーブ(カタナ): Astra Reap (Katana)
アストラエンド(DB): Astra End (Dual Blade)
アストラトレンブ(アサルト): Astra Tremb (Assault Rifle)
アストラベロウ(ランチャー): Astra Bellow (Launcher)
アストラスクリ(TMG): Astra Screa (Twin Machinegun)
アストラスナール(バレボウ): Astra Snarl (Bullet Bow)
アストラリディ(ロッド): Astra Ridi (Rod)
アストラヘイト(タリス): Astra Hate (Talis)
アストラデブリ(ウォンド): Astra Depri (Wand)
アストラドライブ(JB): Astra Drive (Jet Boots)
レドランエッグ★13 : Redran Egg 13 ★

- ★14 Weapons finally will drop!

New Pet
- Redoran (レドラン)

New Scratch AC
- ファントム&スクールライフ (Phantom & Star Life)
- Persona 5 Outfits: Protagonist, Ann Takamaki, Makoto Niijima, Futaba Sakura, and Joker.
- P5 posters, music, and tBuchi Lobby Action (Persona Summoning).
- An Arsène Figure (Room Item) will also be included.

New Quest Trigger-
- メリクリ2016トリガー (Merry Christmas 2016 Trigger)

SteveCZ
Dec 9, 2016, 08:12 AM
I saw 14* rod that looks like a red psycho wand...

Akero
Dec 9, 2016, 08:42 AM
So... what are the chances that the astra series will surpass austere?

Kintama
Dec 9, 2016, 08:56 AM
Tfw we have no buildup whatsoever to this fight and don't even know why it is even happening..

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 12:42 PM
Tfw we have no buildup whatsoever to this fight and don't even know why it is even happening..

Did you not see the big twist (M. Night Shyamalan would be proud) involving Ardem? I mean in general this game's story has always been poorly written, but this didn't come out of nowhere. I thought it was pretty exciting, despite being spoiled by datamining.

On a side note, I LOVE the Astra weapons, I hope they're worth it upgrading from Gix. I also haven't been a real fan of Persona since P2, but I'll definitely have to pick up some of the outfits, lobby action is pretty cool too.

Kiboune
Dec 9, 2016, 12:43 PM
Gonna save up meseta to buy everything from Persona 5 collab *_*

Zorak000
Dec 9, 2016, 12:57 PM
レアリティ★14の武器は、属性値とオーバーリミットの上限が最大値でドロップするので、すぐに+35まで 強化が可能だ。

I think that's saying 14-star stuff is going to drop with +35 unlocked and maximum element, so you don't need to be struck by lightning during a Burmese Tiger attack at least twice to have the weapons operating at full power

Kintama
Dec 9, 2016, 01:02 PM
Did you not see the big twist (M. Night Shyamalan would be proud) involving Ardem? I mean in general this game's story has always been poorly written, but this didn't come out of nowhere. I thought it was pretty exciting, despite being spoiled by datamining.

On a side note, I LOVE the Astra weapons, I hope they're worth it upgrading from Gix. I also haven't been a real fan of Persona since P2, but I'll definitely have to pick up some of the outfits, lobby action is pretty cool too.

No i mean, i played the chapter and completed it, and yeah Ardem did the big thing we know about but nothing else and left, which leaves the plot with nothing leading up to this fight, since it's too late to add another story chapter before it, the most we'll get is the usual first time eq cutscene with text explaining us what's happening and that's it.

Ezodagrom
Dec 9, 2016, 01:04 PM
Probably Eternal Psychodrive from PSU/Portable games.

[spoiler-box]http://psupedia.info/images/4/4c/Eternal_Psychodrive.jpg[/spoiler-box]

http://psupedia.info/Eternal_Psychodrive.html

Zorak000
Dec 9, 2016, 01:52 PM
I think they added a storyboard scene or two on the day Yamato released, so we might still get something idk

Vatallus
Dec 9, 2016, 02:23 PM
I just want to know if I am wasting my time making Austere rear+arm with Ray legs or not since there will be new 12* units from this EQ.

SteveCZ
Dec 9, 2016, 05:15 PM
I just want to know if I am wasting my time making Austere rear+arm with Ray legs or not since there will be new 12* units from this EQ.

I wouldn't mess with 12* units yet until I can fully use all of them with proper stats combinations. The ring slot is quite a game changer ... (it reduces my chat command usage for ring switches, so I can add more useless chat command again, lol jk).

Probably Eternal Psychodrive from PSU/Portable games.

[spoiler-box]http://psupedia.info/images/4/4c/Eternal_Psychodrive.jpg[/spoiler-box]

http://psupedia.info/Eternal_Psychodrive.html

Wooo :-o

Tunga
Dec 9, 2016, 06:07 PM
Bravers finally have a 13* that actually looks like one.

Eternal psycho drive

Moffen
Dec 9, 2016, 06:11 PM
Starlight Remnants [Astra Weapon Potentials]

Lv1. Boosts damage by 6% and increases PP recovered by when attacking by 20%
Lv2. Boosts damage by 9% and increases PP recovered by when attacking by 30%
Lv3. Boosts damage by 12% and increases PP recovered by when attacking by 40%

A tiny bit under Gix in terms of base stats,
Example
Dual Blades:
- Gix Khutriv +35(?) 1669
- Astra End +35(?) 1607

Source: https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Simple_Dual_Blades_List

Hope this is legit because it sounds m i n t lads

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 06:25 PM

Example
Dual Blades:
- Astra End +35(?) 1607

Oh that nice, I'd be willing to use that, PP recovering when attacking is always useful.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2016, 06:30 PM
well Austere Units are still the best atm but avoiding current 12* units is very recommended until they release a better set that outperforms the others largely. I've been sitting on my Astral mats waiting on a better set of 12* units and none of them warrant me switching over my current Saiki set. I'd say just wait until the new Mother DF is out and see how good that set is then pray RNG drops you them over time

Example
Dual Blades:
- Astra End +35(?) 1607

That seems not bad except for Tech users but at least it will gear the bad players better

Gestriden
Dec 9, 2016, 09:20 PM
It's legit can confirm. the pots are 100% real they also include the usual hidden level 4 and 5 potntias that sega haven't implemented (yet?) th 14* pots have been added as well

morkie
Dec 9, 2016, 09:33 PM
so this collection file requirements only can get in new EQ too?

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 09:40 PM
so this collection file requirements only can get in new EQ too?

I imagine it will be like the Ray files, where you can get everything except one space on the file outside the EQ. Luckily, this EQ isn't a limited time event.

morkie
Dec 9, 2016, 09:43 PM
yes, i can have a good 13* on that, looks sega Christmas gift to us

SteveCZ
Dec 9, 2016, 09:50 PM
So.. by this trustable source, Astra series is basically Austere weapons with steroids? If it comes with 12* units that is also a buff of Austere units, I'd definitely get it and switch over. But meh, these 14* weapons are all over my head.

silo1991
Dec 9, 2016, 11:05 PM
i wonder if the 12* units will have a worth set effect , the 14* i feel like these are gonna be the new 11* because i don't think the difference is going to be big compared to 13*

Zysets
Dec 10, 2016, 01:13 AM
I hope 14* are no better in terms of damage, keep around Austere, but with more varied and unique potentials. If it HAS to be a damage boost alone, make it have a conditional similar to Gix weapons. The game needs more variation, having more unique potentials with unique effects, would make having certain weapons less about having the latest damage dealer, but having effects that are beneficial against certain enemies, situations, or bosses. It's one reason I loved the Form weapons, they were pretty unique in that regard.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 10, 2016, 01:16 AM
More unique potentials like Form series that changes gameplay style would be nice instead of damage buffs and useless gimmicks over and over.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 10, 2016, 05:38 AM
I hope 14* are no better in terms of damage, keep around Austere, but with more varied and unique potentials. If it HAS to be a damage boost alone, make it have a conditional similar to Gix weapons. The game needs more variation, having more unique potentials with unique effects, would make having certain weapons less about having the latest damage dealer, but having effects that are beneficial against certain enemies, situations, or bosses. It's one reason I loved the Form weapons, they were pretty unique in that regard.
14*'s NEED that boost, it's time Austere finally got out of power (and I mean like far) and start rolling in 14*'s very slowly though. I think people need to let Austere weapons go sometime. Ya it's a lot of time consumption to get these but it's an MMO, better things come out and it's time to move on to the next best thing. Eventually Sega is just going to revamp the Req's to get Austere and we'll all look at how short of time it is to get them then but probably won't be for a long time before that even hits

Shear
Dec 10, 2016, 06:57 AM
Huh ... the Song they played in the Mother Scenes kinda reminds me of the Battle Theme when you fight Neifirst in PS2.

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2016, 07:10 AM
Huh ... the Song they played in the Mother Scenes kinda reminds me of the Battle Theme when you fight Neifirst in PS2.I think people associate it more with the Mother Brain fight, hence why it's used for the fight with Mother.

vantpers
Dec 10, 2016, 08:19 AM
I don't want anything stronger than Gix or Austere until we get a new difficulty with quadro health buff. Extra Hard was balanced with 12* in mind as said in early EP3. Now 13* are the standard and are much stronger than 12*, that's on top of some more minor and major buffs given in the meantime. Extra Hard is extremely outdated and 14* won't help.

Shear
Dec 10, 2016, 09:45 AM
I think people associate it more with the Mother Brain fight, hence why it's used for the fight with Mother.
Oh right, she had the same Battle Theme.
It's been ages since I played the Game and the Neifirst fight stuck the most with me.

isCasted
Dec 10, 2016, 09:45 AM
quadro health buff

No, enough of boring health buffs. Give us enemies like in Ultimate everywhere, all the time. Ultimate Arks Quests, Time Attacks, Daily Orders - EVERYTHING. Then we can talk.

vantpers
Dec 10, 2016, 10:03 AM
Yeah give us super aggressive enemies that still die to any MPA with enough damage without getting to attack once cause their health is balanced for stuff that was happening 4 years ago.

Zephyrion
Dec 10, 2016, 11:17 AM
Yeah give us super aggressive enemies that still die to any MPA with enough damage without getting to attack once cause their health is balanced for stuff that was happening 4 years ago.

I think he didn't mean to give us UQ monsters as they currently are, just that instead of only boosting HP, enemies should have more agressive AIs, similarly to how SH got a buff for enemies in that regard. Of course boosting HP as well would be mandatory, but only that seems a bit pointless for quite a lot of enemies, which are currently just damage sponges.

isCasted
Dec 10, 2016, 11:59 AM
Thanks, it's exactly what I meant. There's absolutely no point in enemies having higher HP if they still can't do anything before they die. It only makes things much slower and more boring.

Also, more aggressive enemies for regular activities and not just for MPA-based quests.

Zysets
Dec 10, 2016, 12:06 PM
14*'s NEED that boost, it's time Austere finally got out of power (and I mean like far) and start rolling in 14*'s very slowly though. I think people need to let Austere weapons go sometime. Ya it's a lot of time consumption to get these but it's an MMO, better things come out and it's time to move on to the next best thing. Eventually Sega is just going to revamp the Req's to get Austere and we'll all look at how short of time it is to get them then but probably won't be for a long time before that even hits

I just think the game is in a place where a big power boost will do nothing to improve the game, we don't have new difficulties, we don't have difficult enemies to fight in general, the more power creep, the easier and more boring the game will get. Of course power should be above Austere, but I meant Austere should be considered the minimum for 14* weapons. Instead of going straight to the damage multipliers and power buffs, add variety in possible potentials, have cool effects, like the Form weapons, or conditionals like Gix, that change how you play based on what weapon you're using and the enemies you fight.

I don't care that I'll lose my Austere, I've already switched to Gix, I just don't want the game to get increasingly stale at a rapid rate.

NephyrisX
Dec 11, 2016, 02:32 AM

Example
Dual Blades:
- Astra End +35(?) 1607

With the potentials for the Astra series out, what are the best weapon types for it?

I know the Katana is up there, alongside Fists and maybe Jet Boots, but what else?

SteveCZ
Dec 11, 2016, 02:48 AM
40% PP recovered when attacking is a lot of love for Fighter. <3

Just waiting for the units...

Sizustar
Dec 11, 2016, 03:07 AM

That sound terrible, and would be in the same situation of PSO2es with the new PA that was introduced that can one-shot the new enemy with tens of million of HP.

rando
Dec 11, 2016, 07:44 AM
This boss looks aesthetically weak compared to a year agos progency (both).

What a let down on the way you get Astra.
Would have preferred another harder Zieg purchase like getting double of everything ; 200 neros, so on.
This whole NT crap sure took out the satisfaction i got when i got my first austere.

RadiantLegend
Dec 11, 2016, 07:54 AM
No one will go through another austere like requirements for austere like potential when gix at max is better. Don't worry, good luck getting that 14*.

Kondibon
Dec 11, 2016, 07:56 AM
When have the first generation of any new tier ever been worth the effort right out of the gate anyway? I'm just going to wait until we get more reasonably obtainable 14*s before I even consider intentionally trying to get one. If one drops I might as well use it though, if they drop with max element and grind cap, but unless the latents are actually interesting, it's hard for me to care.

Thanks, it's exactly what I meant. There's absolutely no point in enemies having higher HP if they still can't do anything before they die. It only makes things much slower and more boring.

Also, more aggressive enemies for regular activities and not just for MPA-based quests.So, this is kind of a weird tangent and only barely on topic, but if anyone wants an example of this done at least decently, try and find some comparisons of base GW2 with the expansion areas, and I think that's the kind of thing Casted is asking for. = w=

Zyrusticae
Dec 11, 2016, 01:45 PM
I'm still waiting for something that aesthetically appeals to me in even a single update.

Nothing in this patch aside from maaaybe one of the Persona outfits. Pass.

I don't give a shit about stats. I don't play this game for progression. Damn, everything feels so empty now.

sparab
Dec 11, 2016, 01:59 PM
I am actually looking forward for arena at this rate. Call me crazy.

Masu
Dec 12, 2016, 05:21 AM
No one will go through another austere like requirements for austere like potential when gix at max is better. Don't worry, good luck getting that 14*.
If it's as hard as to get Ray units which drop were described as 'worse than saiki"(sitting on 4 full "set")... then, lol. Dedleon and Gruzoras units on the other hand...

I do agree that we need more unique potentials on weapons. Starting to get really bored by the never ending flood of "new" 13* too. Maybe less and harder/longer to complete cf but with more potentials to chose from. I hope 14* will be more than an additional star and damage buff :sleep:
Thankfuly there is the new pet to save my interest :wacko:

Vatallus
Dec 12, 2016, 06:03 AM
It depends. Ray units dropping that often was an oversight which has been fixed. But that doesn't mean Sega won't screw up again when the new boss comes out. They even goofed up when the new solo ExQ was introduced and Emperappies were always dropping a rare weapon that while contained Emper Embrace, it could also contain Flict/Arma. Though it seems that might of been fixed recently also.

I generally keep myself interested in the game because I have multi-chars, mostly running different classes. I know I could just use one character for everything... but eh. It helps give me a reason to make clone NPC characters, or new characters in general, over just using them for more weekly CO money and SG bingo boards.

Atmius
Dec 12, 2016, 06:31 AM
You mean having 7 full ray unit sets was an accident that wasn't meant to happen?

Vatallus
Dec 12, 2016, 06:38 AM
I have 3 full sets all from the first week. After that I've found 1 ray leg, but I can't say I play Ult Amd 24/7 either. I stopped after I got what I wanted out of it.

Not that Saiki units were ever hard to come by if you did trigger runs with your friends/team.

Masu
Dec 12, 2016, 08:20 AM
It depends. Ray units dropping that often was an oversight which has been fixed. But that doesn't mean Sega won't screw up again when the new boss comes out. They even goofed up when the new solo ExQ was introduced and Emperappies were always dropping a rare weapon that while contained Emper Embrace, it could also contain Flict/Arma. Though it seems that might of been fixed recently also.

I generally keep myself interested in the game because I have multi-chars, mostly running different classes. I know I could just use one character for everything... but eh. It helps give me a reason to make clone NPC characters, or new characters in general, over just using them for more weekly CO money and SG bingo boards.
Oh so it was a goof... That's why they introduced the crappy 10* units after some time I guess. Also I do keep interest same way as you do and a s fremium I had no choice if I wanted to get all class bonuses, 1 character per atk type (thx sega for the not so old 3rd character slot)

Zysets
Dec 12, 2016, 11:44 AM
I'm still waiting for something that aesthetically appeals to me in even a single update.

Nothing in this patch aside from maaaybe one of the Persona outfits. Pass.

I don't give a shit about stats. I don't play this game for progression. Damn, everything feels so empty now.

Is this limited to outfits and items? Because I absolutely love Falz Mother, it's like the love child between PSO Falz's final form and Mother Brain from Phantasy Star II, even see some of Phantasy Star Zero's Mother in there too.

Then again, I'm easy to win over if it reminds me of the classic Phantasy Star series.

Vatallus
Dec 12, 2016, 12:25 PM
Oh so it was a goof... That's why they introduced the crappy 10* units after some time I guess. Also I do keep interest same way as you do and a s fremium I had no choice if I wanted to get all class bonuses, 1 character per atk type (thx sega for the not so old 3rd character slot)

Yeah, Anga's drops weren't working right. But I won't be surprised if they somehow screw up and 14* weapons drop like candy also for a week.. or maybe a day. Since that would actually be helpful to the players I could see them doing e.maint to fix it.

Because you know... they only do e.maint on things that benefit the players not things that hurt us.

Zyrusticae
Dec 12, 2016, 02:01 PM
Is this limited to outfits and items? Because I absolutely love Falz Mother, it's like the love child between PSO Falz's final form and Mother Brain from Phantasy Star II, even see some of Phantasy Star Zero's Mother in there too.

Then again, I'm easy to win over if it reminds me of the classic Phantasy Star series.
Right, anything I can equip. Weapons, clothes, accessories, etc.

I don't really care about the environment and monster aesthetics at this point as much as I do about the fact that almost nothing they've released in that area has appealed to me. Ray weapons were great, but nothing else since. Sucks to not be a part of their target audience...

Zysets
Dec 12, 2016, 03:55 PM
Right, anything I can equip. Weapons, clothes, accessories, etc.

I don't really care about the environment and monster aesthetics at this point as much as I do about the fact that almost nothing they've released in that area has appealed to me. Ray weapons were great, but nothing else since. Sucks to not be a part of their target audience...

I see your point then. I do like the Gix and Astra weapons, but not enough to make me want to stop using my current weapon Camos or anything. Plus outfits have been stale for me in a long time, I've been using the Karen Repca since I bought the deluxe package it originally came with. I AM trying to be a Karen clone, but it's not like I'm not gonna use other outfits if I want to, just not much has caught my eye either.

Moffen
Dec 12, 2016, 05:20 PM
I do think when it comes to weapon designs and outfits theyve been lacking,nothing feels like it "Fits" for me for the most part.
I miss the PSU outfit designs,moreso those weirdass pants with the rings,sorta.

Though they're taking steps in the right direction when it comes to letting us change our weapons photon colour.
As someone who started using the DBS,if astras are out long enough and havent got ass wrinkle tier rates,I'll try getting as many elements as I can in their matching colours ('-' )7