PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Beware of tomorrow 's PSO 2 Arks Live!!

Leaf Pack
Dec 9, 2016, 07:51 AM
It seems that some people are dissatisfied with "Firearms Chip" implemented in PSO2es.
User comments may be terrible.

I pray that the heart of management will not suffer with some morbid opinion...

http://embed.pixiv.net/decorate.php?illust_id=55541521

https://www65.atwiki.jp/firearms/

wefwq
Dec 9, 2016, 08:11 AM
So the implementation of "firearm chip" is rigged or i get it the wrong way?

Atmius
Dec 9, 2016, 09:01 AM
Presumably the fact that despite not being a winner in the es 'pick a new weaponoid' ranking, it's being added to es anyway for a reason I can't remember them saying.

scrunchie
Dec 9, 2016, 11:04 AM
So the implementation of "firearm chip" is rigged or i get it the wrong way?
I don't think there would be a riot if Firearms made it in PSO2es... sadly this is the only one out of the 8 winners of the previous contest that's not going to appear.

I bet most of you who love the Dewman girl, イオ, have seen fanart from this artist.

EDIT:
AH! I see the problem now.

Looks like we have a case of SJW censorship that I thought only appeared in the west. They were complaining they were not getting the exact artwork that they had voted for and only changed Firearm's pose.

**What they voted for***
http://pso2.jp/players/event/4million/chipillustcontest/result/

***Comparison***
http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/X9R2V

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 12:36 PM
I understand people are disappointed for not getting the artwork they voted for, but this isn't... "SJW censorship".

But I wonder why Sega chose to change the artwork, there was nothing wrong with the original, there must have been some kind of reason, maybe the artwork we saw in voting is the released version? The artwork on chips sometimes changes when you release them. My only hope is that the artist was cool with the changes, I don't particular care for the change itself. However, I kind of get the feeling not many people care either, because I haven't seen any mention of this in the PSO2 hashtag on twitter, or any other JP communities.

scrunchie
Dec 9, 2016, 01:14 PM
Oh, so SEGA themselves decided to give a new picture? Well the original one was probably too risque, Beatmario (Sachiko concert composer and legendary Touhou arranger),called the unfinished version sexy and was really looking forward to the full body image. Beatmario praises many of this artist's works that are far lewder than this.
https://twitter.com/beatmario/status/701286534608064512

There is a change.org petition about this with 150 signatures last time I checked. If these fans are like fans here in the west, attacking someone they admire is like attacking a significant other. I think they want to give 紅林のえ (the artist) some more reassurance and show him/ her that the fans will do anything to support them.
https://www.change.org/p/sega-pso2-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%8 2%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%82%BA%E3%81%AE%E3%83%81% E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E5%8C%96%E3%81%AF%E3%81%8A%E3%81 %8B%E3%81%97%E3%81%84

Raujinn
Dec 9, 2016, 01:25 PM
Well good to know the Japanese get worked up into an internet fury over dumb pointless things like we do over here.

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 01:26 PM
My point is, is that when you release chips (upgrade their level cap in the game) the artwork sometimes changes, characters go into different poses, sometimes they gain something on their outfit, etc. It's entirely possible that the original design is just the "released" version of the chip. I have no idea because I haven't SEEN the chip released artwork, but I imagine that's what happened. There's way more risque looking chips in PSO2es *cough*bluesy requiem (http://pso2es.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3% 83%BC%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A8%E3%83%A0 )*cough* so I really, really, doubt the design of the chip motivated the change.

Well good to know the Japanese get worked up into an internet fury over dumb pointless things like we do over here.
I think that's just human nature, everyone likes to get worked up over silly things, but that's off topic.

Zorak000
Dec 9, 2016, 01:45 PM
it sounds like the issue here is that it was included in the "honorable mentions" section of the weaponoid design contest; SEGA prefaces the honorable mentions with something that effectively said they were not going to make chips from those designs. Now that one of those designs is actually being made into a chip people are getting up in arms.

While the possiblility that SEGA may still/already has commissioned the other artists to make new art for the designs they submitted (and that could mean the other artists are all under Non-Disclosure Agreements until official announcements); that may not be as likely, as apparently there is evidence that the artist for Firearms was getting cozy with [SEGA Employee or idk] over twitter; which may have led them to get some strings pulled so they could get commissioned for their Firearms design anyway. There was also a mention that [SEGA Employee or idk] may have promoted a NSFW Io drawing of theirs at somehow at some point before covering it up.

It still seems a little fishy to me; if they wanted to slide a shady deal past the general playerbase they should have commissioned a different weaponoid to be drawn entirely, but I can't say I understand the whole story myself

EDIT: edited out names because I can't completely trust google translate to get those right

also LMAO @ "swj cencorship"

scrunchie
Dec 9, 2016, 01:59 PM
the artist for Firearms was getting cozy with [SEGA Employee or idk] over twitter; which may have led them to get some strings pulled so they could get commissioned for their Firearms design anyway. There was also a mention that [SEGA Employee or idk] may have promoted a NSFW Io drawing of theirs at somehow at some point before covering it up.
Here is some of the Twitter beef here.
http://i.imgur.com/DiIpttj.jpg
Kurebayashi Noe (the artist) and Ai Ichitaro (the main man behind all of PSO2 livestreams) were first having a friendly conversation and were planning on promoting the artist. Ichitaro asked Noe why he/she hasn't made a comic book yet and isn't a pro until they make one.

This could be all a set that works in their favor. Ichitaro says he might broadcast them battling (PVP update?) each other live as a joke.

Edit:
Ichitaro seemed like a huge jerk on Twitter. Maybe it could be a fake account because they put (FA) next to Ichitaros name?

Zorak000
Dec 9, 2016, 02:09 PM
yeah; I'm going to say they might still be commissioning chips of the Honorable Mentions but the artists are all under NDA right now, just because it gives me hope that we will wind up getting that Magical Wand design still :v

we'll just have to wait and find out if any of the others get announced next PSO2 Station broadcast; otherwise there isn't much I can really do beyond not spending AC on any es scratch with Firearms in it, as if I ever do spend AC on es scratches

scrunchie
Dec 9, 2016, 02:19 PM
This may be a little off topic, but how do we play PSOes in regions where it's not available? I have an Android phone and couldn't find it on the Google Play store.

Sizustar
Dec 9, 2016, 02:19 PM
This may be a little off topic, but how do we play PSOes in regions where it's not available? I have an Android phone and couldn't find it on the Google Play store.

Download the APK through other website, or app.

Or play it through PC through android emulator.

Bumped has a guide
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/

scrunchie
Dec 9, 2016, 02:26 PM
Download the APK through other website, or app.

Or play it through PC through android emulator.

Bumped has a guide
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/
HOLY SNAPS, THIS LOOKS AWESOME, I WANNA TRY IT (O_O);

I guess I didn't need this Android that I traded with an iPhone last month lol. I always wanted to play it when they kept advertising it.

Edit:
The guide you linked me didn't help me at all.. Darn.

Zorak000
Dec 9, 2016, 02:45 PM
I poked around a little, that "@pso2taro" might be a fake account; I can't really find anything that links him to it, but it's kind of a thing that is hard to prove either way really

"@aiichitaro" looks like his current "official" account, while a "@1taro_ohana" exists that seems more about his family's flower business, and has been inactive for just over a year now (and there are only 5 followers/following)

I'd take a deeper look into it (screenshots of characters from around the same timeframe, but are NOT on the other account; pictures of ichitaro himself, and again pictures that could not have just been downloaded and re-uploaded to the "fake account") but I got other stuff I gotta be doing instead of playing internet detective

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 03:20 PM
I poked around a little, that "@pso2taro" might be a fake account; I can't really find anything that links him to it, but it's kind of a thing that is hard to prove either way really

"@aiichitaro" looks like his current "official" account, while a "@1taro_ohana" exists that seems more about his family's flower business, and has been inactive for just over a year now (and there are only 5 followers/following)

I'd take a deeper look into it (screenshots of characters from around the same timeframe, but are NOT on the other account; pictures of ichitaro himself, and again pictures that could not have just been downloaded and re-uploaded to the "fake account") but I got other stuff I gotta be doing instead of playing internet detective

Yes, @aiichitaro is the official account, I watch his regular non Sega related live streams on occasion, and it's the account followed by Sega themselves. "@pso2taro" is not the Ichitaro from the ARKS live streams.

scrunchie
Dec 9, 2016, 03:51 PM
Yes, @aiichitaro is the official account, I watch his regular non Sega related live streams on occasion, and it's the account followed by Sega themselves. "@pso2taro" is not the Ichitaro from the ARKS live streams.
Oh wow, Ichitaro is on the Nico dictionary. One of his nicknames is かまたろう which is "@pso2taro" Twitter ID.
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E4%BC%9A%E4%B8%80%E5%A4%AA%E9%83%8E

After reading about him on Nicopedia, what do you think about him? His father said that he didn't study at all during his highschool years, and repeated one school year. After Ichitaro's father taught him a good lesson, he started getting his act together. Ichitaro started working after he turned 18 and became a successful voice actor and storyteller. People who voice act and tell stories are quite the party animal. I mean, Ichitaro is so awkward and funny, that's he's the only male who was able to voice for females!

(女性EXボイスA03 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW97GkmcrMQ

So this possibly started off with Kamataro (Ichitaro?) asking to team up with Noe (artist) on making an ultra erotic comic of Serafi (PSO2es operator). This must be how he acts while he's not under SEGA's radar.

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 03:56 PM
I like Ichitaro, it's fun to watch his personal streams, as well as ARKS live stuff. I'm not sure if you know, but he got married earlier this year, I believe around the time of the last ARKS Festa (when he gave a tearful speech about his leaving the official Live team.)

scrunchie
Dec 9, 2016, 04:06 PM
I like Ichitaro, it's fun to watch his personal streams, as well as ARKS live stuff. I'm not sure if you know, but he got married earlier this year, I believe around the time of the last ARKS Festa (when he gave a tearful speech about his leaving the official Live team.)
Nope, I haven't heard his farewell/ marriage speech, I was unsure on why we get the two girls for the Livestreams but that explains it. I think Ichitaro still has love for PSO2. Wonder what his wife will say about him asking Noe to make some erotic commissions?

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 04:16 PM
Nope, I haven't heard his farewell/ marriage speech, I was unsure on why we get the two girls for the Livestreams but that explains it. I think Ichitaro still has love for PSO2. Wonder what his wife will say about him asking Noe to make some erotic commissions?

he still plays PSO2 regularly (his personal streams) and I believe his wife is also a voice actress and plays as well. He had fanart of his character with someone else's at his wedding.

scrunchie
Dec 9, 2016, 04:29 PM
he still plays PSO2 regularly (his personal streams) and I believe his wife is also a voice actress and plays as well. He had fanart of his character with someone else's at his wedding.
Thanks for the clarification. If his wife plays and voices in PSO2, then he has nothing to worry about it. Sounds quite heartwarming ;)