PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Nier Automota - PSO2 next collab

Sizustar
Dec 15, 2016, 10:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ke9bjsV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GFNBKtQ.jpg

Huh....I guess they do read the feedback...
Outfit and Music CD would be nice~

Announced during the Nier broadcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DVb_zpJf5U

final_attack
Dec 15, 2016, 10:38 AM
In NieR, do the character have guns? o-o Pistol, maybe?

TehCubey
Dec 15, 2016, 11:11 AM
2b is a 10/10 character design, so this makes me happy.

SteveCZ
Dec 15, 2016, 01:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY MONEEEEEE. GABEEE... wait this isn't Gabe's doing. *Steam joke*

TheszNuts
Dec 15, 2016, 02:07 PM
Timestamp on the actual announcement?

Coldco
Dec 15, 2016, 02:13 PM
46:27

Kalle
Dec 15, 2016, 04:31 PM
In NieR, do the character have guns? o-o Pistol, maybe?

No guns (and im guessing the game wont have them because original Nier didnt have that either), the weapons they've shown so far are a katana, a big sword, and knuckles

[spoiler-box]
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/pictures2016/NieR-Automata_Fami-shot_10-25-16_007-600x338.jpg
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/nier/images/8/88/YoRHa_Type_A_No.2_SS5.png/revision/latest?cb=20160421230731
[/spoiler-box]

The little robot floating beside A2 (girl in the bg) is also basically a mag so that could also be a collab item

I adore the first Nier and all the character designs and uh everything about Automata I love so im really excited about this

final_attack
Dec 15, 2016, 06:46 PM
No guns (and im guessing the game wont have them because original Nier didnt have that either), the weapons they've shown so far are a katana, a big sword, and knuckles

Ah, thank you. I was hoping it has pistol or something for a chance of tmg camo ..... but I guess it's also ok if it might be Katana / Knuckles :D

Great Pan
Dec 15, 2016, 07:05 PM
Another pointless collab...

WHERE'S MY FUCKING BATMAN COLLAB!

Traumin
Dec 15, 2016, 07:30 PM
Another pointless collab...

WHERE'S MY FUCKING BATMAN COLLAB!
>batman collab
sick bait

Moffen
Dec 15, 2016, 07:35 PM
I want a God Eater collab already.

Sizustar
Dec 15, 2016, 10:06 PM
I want a God Eater collab already.

Put that in the player feedback~

Sizustar
Dec 17, 2016, 03:51 AM
So it'll be the 3 main character, 1 guy, 2 girl.

http://i.imgur.com/GFNBKtQ.jpg

DRIGZ
Dec 23, 2016, 06:49 PM
Really hyped for this game, interested to see what the weapon camos would be o3o

MightyHarken
Jan 5, 2017, 05:38 PM
Fist of the north star collab. When? What about monster hunter collab? we could get some very sweet rifles, launchers, swords, katanas from there.

Kondibon
Jan 5, 2017, 06:45 PM
Fist of the north star collab. When? Probably never, considering they've only done colabs with stuff that's currently relevant.

What about monster hunter collab? This one is more likely with a new monster hunter game coming out soon.

loafhero
Jan 5, 2017, 08:20 PM
I always thought the Nier series was too depressing for the mostly light-hearted and corny tone of PSO2. Then again, the first game's plot did involve saving a young girl that the protagonist shares a personal bond with by resorting to time travel while being assisted by a tsundere...

Also appreciated that for the first game, the devs took Western sensibilities into account by having a different protagonist for the original Japanese and Western release; generic JRPG guy who is the damsel-in-distress's onii-chan in the Japanese release, and manly man guy who is the damsel-in-distress's father for the Western release (fittingly voiced by Liam O'Brien who voiced another video game manly man guy trying to save their daughter).

Kinda wish they do an Ultraman collab at some point. It wouldn't be a weird collab either as it wouldn't be PSO2's first Kaiju related collab and fits PSO2's ligthhearted and corny tone.

Kondibon
Jan 6, 2017, 12:03 AM
Neir is a weird choice, but when your game is basically an interactive ad stream who cares as long as money is invovled? :wacko:

I'm more surprised the Nier team got involved in this.

SteveCZ
Jan 6, 2017, 12:08 AM
I'm more surprised the Nier team got involved in this.

Cause Square Enix. Maybe.

Kondibon
Jan 6, 2017, 12:20 AM
Cause Square Enix. Maybe.Oh, yeah, that's a good point.

NightfallG
Jan 6, 2017, 10:16 AM
Nier's not all that odd a choice, really. I mean, they've collabed with other post-apoc stuff in the past like Freedom Wars.

.razor.
Jan 22, 2017, 10:08 PM
best
collab
EVER

SteveCZ
Jan 22, 2017, 10:35 PM
Will this Nier Automata collab provide 2B's animation where she went mad if we see her underwear, as lobby action? :nerd:

Keilyn
Jan 23, 2017, 01:28 AM
This is a reason I am not playing PSO-2 right now...

At first when collaborations began, I felt happy!
I was like "wow, these are good... I can dress up as characters I love from other games, or make interpretations of them"
and this felt really nice, and they were loved by the community as well.

Time then moved forward and we arrived at a point where SEGA felt the collaborations were a huge success.
Wishing to capitalize further off that, they worked on making more and more collaborations.

I then began to think that we were slowly losing our identity as Phantasy Star characters over time as I felt the quality of collaborations were higher than the quality of the costumes we got outside of collaborations. I then began to feel that the more I used collaboration costumes, the less I was into Phantasy Star and the more I was into the characters of the other games too.

For example...
The FF XIV collaboration...

"Why do I want to spend money to get the Miqu'te start-costume in FF XIV, when I can instead spend that money on an FF XIV Subscription and not have to worry about any of these things? Why was fighting Odin a much better, and more thought out boss battle experience than most boss battles in PSO-2?" and I learned that since collaborations are partnership, all parties involved have a say in how their assets are interpreted in a game.

I also don't like the whole two-week thing.
I rather SEGA spend more time working on its own scratches for release.

Think about it like this:
SEGA talks about collaborations
This means the reputation of two or more companies are at stake here.

This means logically SEGA will spend more time, money, energy, and effort to work on the Collaboratives.
This means less time is actually spent on the design for fashions and costumes that are tied directly to Phantasy Star.

...and that is not fair to the existing playerbase.

isCasted
Jan 23, 2017, 02:14 AM
Why do I want to spend money to get the Miqu'te start-costume in FF XIV, when I can instead spend that money on an FF XIV Subscription and not have to worry about any of these things?
1) You don't have to pay anything in PSO2 for that costume;
2) Games have core mechanics and their own atmosphere, you know? You don't pick your games based on a single costume you might like, do you? More options is always great. If you happen to like elements from both games, why wouldn't you be happy when there's an intersection happening?

Why was fighting Odin a much better, and more thought out boss battle experience than most boss battles in PSO-2?
To me Odin is barely more entertaining than Rockbear. All you do is stay out of highlighted ground points and then dump all your might into a long-ass window of him doing literally nothing. Maybe it's a fine fight for a game where your characters are slow, everything is centered around stats and your ability to avoid things is dependent on RNG. For PSO2, however, it's a really primitive experience; it has little to do with player's actual skills.

.razor.
Jan 23, 2017, 02:20 AM
Is a F2P game, this game is alive thanks to collabs and kawaii costumes. deal with it.

Zysets
Jan 23, 2017, 02:21 AM
Yeah honestly the FFXIV collab was kind of a let down. The best thing we got out of it was Doom Breaker.

And as aomeone who's basically just used the Karen Repca since it was added with the second Deluxe Package, I really don't care if any of the collab costumes fit with the setting, because 99% of the time I won't use anything but the Karen Repca.

I'm just glad collabs are successful enough that it can keep the game alive.

isCasted
Jan 23, 2017, 02:29 AM
Collab costumes completely fit the setting of PSO2. It had Rappy costumes since EP1, and bikini swimwears since EP2. Nowadays our characters literally can either walk around in only an unzipped shirt or pretend to be an attack helicopter, all while doing their missions. They can also create water, fly around, form a mass of snow in a shape of Rappy around themselves and lots of other ridiculous things. Cosplaying something that might exist in a parallel universe isn't out of this world at all.

Sizustar
Jan 23, 2017, 02:51 AM
Will this Nier Automata collab provide 2B's animation where she went mad if we see her underwear, as lobby action? :nerd:

Not likely, that would require specific camera angle to work.

But 2B walk would be welcome.

Madevil
Jan 23, 2017, 03:27 AM
Not likely, that would require specific camera angle to work.
But 2B walk would be welcome.

I've played the demo, but I don't recall anything special about her walk?

Sizustar
Jan 23, 2017, 03:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lM7HrYS.gif
https://giant.gfycat.com/AdolescentQuestionableAfricanclawedfrog.gif
http://i.imgur.com/pZTtzGG.gif

Madevil
Jan 23, 2017, 04:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lM7HrYS.gif
https://giant.gfycat.com/AdolescentQuestionableAfricanclawedfrog.gif
http://i.imgur.com/pZTtzGG.gif

still can't find anything special about her walking animation,
but the sheathing animation is really stylish

anyway... I just hope they have good quality poly model and sharp texture this time,
because... you know... by the record $EGA usually made collab costumes quality really bad in pso2

arokidaaron
Jan 23, 2017, 04:11 AM
...and that is not fair to the existing playerbase.

Not fair? Pretty sure a ton of people who play PSO2 enjoy these collabs, if not, then most of these collab scratches wouldn't even cost a crap ton on player shops, and since the costumes aren't tied premium and EVERYONE could get them, this makes it even fair. Calling it unfair is kind of stupid.

The only thing that is unfair about these scratches tho are the ones on bonus scratch.

Sizustar
Jan 23, 2017, 04:38 AM
Not fair? Pretty sure a ton of people who play PSO2 enjoy these collabs, if not, then most of these collab scratches wouldn't even cost a crap ton on player shops, and since the costumes aren't tied premium and EVERYONE could get them, this makes it even fair. Calling it unfair is kind of stupid.

The only thing that is unfair about these scratches tho are the ones on bonus scratch.

Actually regarding bonus scratch prize, seems like they have plan to release them in the future, something to do with SG gem I remember reading or hearing that in one of the live braodcast?

arokidaaron
Jan 23, 2017, 04:52 AM
Actually regarding bonus scratch prize, seems like they have plan to release them in the future, something to do with SG gem I remember reading or hearing that in one of the live braodcast?

Oh wow if this is really gonna happen then it's really good. I could finally get Phaleg's eyes xD

Keilyn
Jan 23, 2017, 06:15 AM

Yup :)
Did I ever say that no one ever enjoys them?
Even I said I enjoyed them at first... or where you simply looking for a reason to hate or nitpick?

Mark of an idiot is a person who claims that calling it "unfair is kind of stupid" and then proceeding to make a declaration of something that is a stupid. Guess the two of us are stupid, except for the difference that at least I can pick a stance and stick with it!

Sizustar
Jan 23, 2017, 07:19 AM
Oh wow if this is really gonna happen then it's really good. I could finally get Phaleg's eyes xD

That's actually not a eye, it's a face type, and it's...not a very good face type.

Zysets
Jan 23, 2017, 11:54 AM
I think Keilyn meant "existing playerbase" as in people who have been into Phantasy Star for much longer than PSO2, such as myself. I am a bit disappointed with the decline in Phantasy Star styles outfits, but you know what, PSO2's clothing style looks uncomfortable and ugly, I miss PSU's.

Collab Scratches don't bother me though, as I said before.