PDA

View Full Version : January Skill Rings Discussion

Altiea
Dec 17, 2016, 07:12 AM
Forces: Now even stronger?

New Left Rings
L/Another Rod Shoot Mode -- Rod Shoot projectiles explode on impact.
L/Step JA Combo -- Create a Just Attack Ring when Stepping.
L/Just Reversal Burst -- Create an explosion when performing a Just Reversal that inflicts damage and may Stun.

New Right Rings
R/Panic Guard -- Nullify Panic status.
R/Quick Mate -- Boost Mate consumption speed. Unavailable to Braver main/sub.

isCasted
Dec 17, 2016, 07:42 AM
Fucking finally. Now, if only I had a good melee 12* set...

R/Panic Guard -- Nullify Panic status.
I like how they used Summoner char to showcase it. An obvious implication is obvious.

Everything else sounds cool.

Altiea
Dec 17, 2016, 07:47 AM
A note about the Step JA Combo: Not the same thing as Snatch JA Combo, which uses Snatch Step as its parent skill. Step JA Combo allows melee classes to gain JA on Step without sub Braver, such as HU/FI and TE/FI.

SteveCZ
Dec 17, 2016, 07:51 AM
So I guess ... For fi.. Kamaitachi, TD Air Chase, and Step JA Combo for 12* units + Whatever Switchable L ring ... ah ... I don't know. @@

Kondibon
Dec 17, 2016, 07:56 AM
A note about the Step JA Combo: Not the same thing as Snatch JA Combo, which uses Snatch Step as its parent skill. Step JA Combo allows melee classes to gain JA on Step without sub Braver, such as HU/FI and TE/FI.Oh, right. I forgot it was Snatch Ja, not step Ja.

So I guess ... Kamaitachi, TD Air Chase, and Step JA Combo for 12* units + Whatever Switchable L ring ... ah ... I don't know. @@I would use step JA combo, Air Reversal, and something else you'd always want for 12* units. Kamaitachi and TD air chase should be your regular l-rings because it's not like you can use a TD and a DS at the exact same time.

SteveCZ
Dec 17, 2016, 08:00 AM
I use step JA combo, Air Reversal, and something else you'd always want for 12* units. Kamaitachi and TD air chase should be your regular l-rings because it's not like you can use a TD and a DS at the exact same time.

Yeah you're right... I'm just trying to get rid my chat command to switch rings while switching weapons cause lazy .. but these L rings keep coming and of course it's not worth it to attach it to units for such reason (lazy) ... so yeah. :-(

Kondibon
Dec 17, 2016, 08:05 AM
Yeah you're right... I'm just trying to get rid my chat command to switch rings while switching weapons cause lazy .. but these L rings keep coming and of course it's not worth it to attach it to units for such reason (lazy) ... so yeah. :-(I just manually switch them, but that's because I only use the TD chase ring if I know I'm only going to be using twin daggers for something.

RadiantLegend
Dec 17, 2016, 09:21 AM
Going to fuse td air and ds kamaitachi to unit cause laziness. If only I have the units I want.

nguuuquaaa
Dec 17, 2016, 09:48 AM

Goodbye HU/BR :wacko:

final_attack
Dec 17, 2016, 09:54 AM

Good thing I haven't put JumpDodge to my unit :wacko:

ralf542
Dec 17, 2016, 10:56 AM
R/Quick Mate -- Boost Mate consumption speed. Unavailable to Braver main/sub.

Do we really need this? We already have a similar ring: L/Mate Lovers.

Moffen
Dec 17, 2016, 11:18 AM

Not a fan of smashing the mate bottle into your face for HP?
Makes it more viable to use than casting a resta honestly,just through pure speed alone.

Anduril
Dec 17, 2016, 11:33 AM
Mate Lovers combined with Quick Mate is stupid fast. Almost instantaneous use of a Trimate.

Altiea
Dec 18, 2016, 12:28 AM
If I was putting together a 12* Unit set for JBs, would Quick Mate or Step JA Combo be better?

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2016, 03:07 AM
Forces: Now even stronger?

New Left Rings
L/Another Rod Shoot Mode -- Rod Shoot projectiles explode on impact.

just awful, who even uses Rod Shoot when you have Orbit? and i can bet the damage will be bad (someone will try to make that Vegas 13* Rod swing a thing I bet)

Altiea
Dec 18, 2016, 03:10 AM
just awful, who even uses Rod Shoot when you have Orbit? and i can bet the damage will be bad (someone will try to make that Vegas 13* Rod swing a thing I bet)

It appears to have an area of effect, so it's possible that it restores PP per enemy struck. If this is the case, then wouldn't it be even stronger with Orbit, assuming that you're attacking a group?

Sizustar
Dec 18, 2016, 03:14 AM
It appears to have an area of effect, so it's possible that it restores PP per enemy struck. If this is the case, then wouldn't it be even stronger with Orbit, assuming that you're attacking a group?

We'll see when it's out, but it's not like people are really using rod shoot anyway.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2016, 03:35 AM
see its situational, if it worked the way you said, ya not bad varying on the rate feedback otherwise its another novelty skill

Kondibon
Dec 18, 2016, 06:30 AM
Do we really need this? We already have a similar ring: L/Mate Lovers.Well the effects stack so...

Saagonsa
Dec 18, 2016, 01:58 PM
who even uses Rod Shoot when you have Orbit?

Rod shot can be useful when you still have a ragrants, gifoie, or any other multi hit tech out, since switching weapons will prematurely end those techs.