PDA

View Full Version : 12/21 Update: Ride on! Vengeance of Holy Mother

sparab
Dec 20, 2016, 09:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/U8HKJzr.png

"Crap! Use that katana kombat!"

The holy mother rises as the moon dyes blue.
Her vengeance shall announce earth with its doom.
Fellow Arks. Ready your weapons, pets, and rideroids, for the final showdown is nigh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[New Raid Boss: Esca Falz Mother]

After crushing through the entire mother cluster like swordmaster yamato. We now face the EP4 final boss--a rampaging mother that seeks nothing but destruction.
Witnessing AIS shredding yamato in one minute a half, the cunning Esca Falz decided to hide in tunnels that you have to pursuit it with a rideroid.
The enhanced rideroids are equipped with [autoshot], [homing missile], and . Use [Over boost] to chase down fast moving enemies!

In the second stage you will directly confront Esca Falz Mother. No boost effect is available thus you can only rely on your gear and skills.
Mother's attack pattern grows fierce as the fight progress. Be wary of its instant kill attack!

* Quest will still progress if you fail to defeat mother in rideroid stage.
* This EQ is scheduled only, one clear per ship.
[SPOILER-BOX]Mother fight begins as a glorified Falz Arm fight that you fight...Esca Falz Arms
[SPOILER-BOX]Esca Falz Arms uses signature attacks of previous Dark Falz:
Pincer: incest swarm (poison), phallus laser (with fin arm)
Fin: arm extend, cluster meteor (stun, with pincer arm)
Wing: sword fall, catastrophe ray
Toy: spinning cart (panic), gravity hole>castle wall (with wing arm)
[SPOILER-BOX]As battle progresses, mother will fight players on its own, somewhat like loser[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

Clear rank is affected by:
Mother is defeated during rideroid stage (-360, B rank if time up)
Rideroid death (-100 after 10th death)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Astra Series]

You can get these awesome *13 weapons through drop and collect file. However, astra units are drop only [S]and cannot be completed as always.
The potential grants 12% damage boost and 40% pp regain on attack, which makes them the EP4 equivalent of austra.

[*14 Weapons!]

Behold the release of Kazaminodachi (Katana), Spread Needle (Rifle), and Eternal Psycho Drive (Rod)! *14 weapons can be obtain as drop only.
However, if you are lucky enough to get one of these, they will always have 60 element and overlimit +35.
Rumor suggests *14 weapons have lower drop rate than austra but higher than *12 in EP1......

[Redran]

The dragon pet that everybody is waiting for! Redran is a high attack, low defense pet than specializes in ranged combat.
It inherited torim stab, sally fall, and two charged shots that are similar to homing emission/ilgrants.
*13 Redran eggs can be obtained through collect file.

oratank
Dec 20, 2016, 10:25 PM
EP4 final boss they said? so ardem's ambition is ep5?

Shinamori
Dec 20, 2016, 10:33 PM
I think the final boss bit is sparab being sparab.

morkie
Dec 20, 2016, 10:43 PM
so that new pet does not have lower rarity that drop anywhere but only on sheet

sparab
Dec 20, 2016, 10:56 PM
so that new pet does not have lower rarity that drop anywhere but only on sheet

You should be able to get (a lot) of *8/9 eggs from mother EQ, and probably somewhere else.

Great Pan
Dec 20, 2016, 11:11 PM
Hope this is easy to leech...

Meteor Weapon
Dec 21, 2016, 12:46 AM
Final Chapter/Final boss probably comes in april/may.

plz remix this on true final boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzRiuhfCaAA

Zysets
Dec 21, 2016, 12:51 AM
Final Chapter/Final boss probably comes in april/may.

plz remix this on true final boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzRiuhfCaAA

I mean I think it's obvious that they will. I doubt it'll be a true remix, but more of incorporating it into the theme like with Cry for IDOLA The Holy and IDOLA Have The Immortal Feather.

Can't wait to hear it though, I love the use of Death Place with Mother, as a fan of the original Phantasy Star series, as well as it just sounding great. Sega's done justice to older boss themes in PSO2.

Anduril
Dec 21, 2016, 01:01 AM
Just a heads up (since the schedule is already out), the first Mother EQ is 3 hours after maintenance ends.

morkie
Dec 21, 2016, 02:11 AM
and that collection file expirationn is on April 19...wow i can finish my gix 60 ele with that....

pkemr4
Dec 21, 2016, 02:23 AM
can astra stay the strongest for 2 years please

SteveCZ
Dec 21, 2016, 02:31 AM
There's a chance to drop 14*s already in a few hours. So I guess not.

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 02:32 AM
Hol up.
FOUR MONTHS OF COLLECTION FILE?

God bless.
Time to +35 every weapon on the sheet o3o

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 02:34 AM
Ships seem online already huhu

SteveCZ
Dec 21, 2016, 02:54 AM
Wow. So Gix base atk is stronger than those Astrals....

Just a tiny bit. Lol.

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 02:58 AM
Yeah,but harder pot to manage.
If you trust yourself and your ability to not dodge/get hit/heal,go for gix. It rewards you with good play.
20% damage and stupid good stats.

Astra however are brilliant in that their bonus is unconditional and the flat pp attack boost is nice for keeping your damage up.

I think this balance was pretty well done with the new weps,was worried new EQ would come out and it'd be Gix's immediate deathbed at first.

Zysets
Dec 21, 2016, 02:58 AM
Wow. So Gix base atk is stronger than those Astrals....

Just a tiny bit. Lol.

You have to remember Astra has a constant 12% (correct me if I'm wrong), Gix starts at 6%

Gix is stronger only if you can meet the conditional requirements, and if enough time has elapsed.

I mainly use DS and TDs, so I may use Astra TDs and Gix DS. I keep Orbit Knuckles because I hate using Knuckles, but I still need them sometimes, so might as well.

Sizustar
Dec 21, 2016, 03:10 AM
For Fo/Te, the Gix might work better...

Wonder what it's special factor at +35 is.
And the set effect.

SteveCZ
Dec 21, 2016, 03:10 AM
Not to mention Gix resets on changing weapon. I guess Katana gets the most out of it. :/

isCasted
Dec 21, 2016, 04:07 AM
If I can't use Orbit with it - it sucks. Which is why I skipped Gix entirely. I welcome Astra with hands open wide.

rsod
Dec 21, 2016, 04:24 AM
There my gix+35 weps going directly into trashcan

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 04:27 AM
There my gix+35 weps going directly into trashcan

Keep them,their sentence factor is quite useful.
I plan on putting sentence shoot on my astra lawnchair from my gix

Also PSA,Vegas rates ARENT garbage.
And I saw illusia more than once in a run.

Genuinely shocked.

Xaeris
Dec 21, 2016, 04:44 AM
Yeah, I got 52.85% from one run of Vegas with just a 250 and full daily boost. It's really generous. Assuming Mother's gain rate is similar to PD's on the Ray sheets, these are going to be the easiest sheets yet.

final_attack
Dec 21, 2016, 04:58 AM
Less tedious sheet is good (´ヮ`)
Though probably I'll just take ..... Rifle (to change AIS Rifle for Gu) .....

Not sure if I should get Astra Tmg (already got +35 Gix) ..... though the looks seems to be pretty good for Tmg. Same for Knuckle :/

Hmm ... should I got AstraTmg ..... I can go to my usual a-bit-of-healer-role-when-needed ...... ._.
Argh, a bit confusing x.x

SteveCZ
Dec 21, 2016, 05:03 AM
*Then a better collection sheet revealed in 2 months*

Kintama
Dec 21, 2016, 05:13 AM
Sooo, what's the pot? :x

Vatallus
Dec 21, 2016, 05:23 AM
Speaking of this update we finally got our rewards from the Necky tickets.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ZyzN4gz.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

This isn't helping me... also I think it might be trying to eat my hair.

Poyonche
Dec 21, 2016, 05:45 AM
Eternal Psycho Drive pot is increase "Elemental Conversion" effect + PP reduction
Spread Needle pot is increase damage + chance to stun enemies, moreover damages increase when you get closer to enemies (RA/GU ? :wacko: )
Kasami pot is increase katana gear effect and "gear fills up when the weapon is unsheathed".

According to Arks Visiphone

Kondibon
Dec 21, 2016, 05:49 AM
moreover damages increase when you get closer to enemies (RA/GU ? :wacko: )More like Gu/Fi huehuehue

sparab
Dec 21, 2016, 06:23 AM
Apparently the result is affected by how many times you crushed rideroid and whether you defeated mother before reaching the finish line.

The actual fight is just joke comparing to that. You can die as many time you want without a worry!

Kondibon
Dec 21, 2016, 06:27 AM
Apparently the result is affected by how many times you crushed rideroid and whether you defeated mother before reaching the finish line.

The actual fight is just joke comparing to that. You can die as many time you want without a worry!That explains it.

Also I didn't get a single Redran. ; w;

EDIT: Wow... I'm... actually kinda buttmad about this. There's still none in the shops, like at all. It probably doesn't even drop below 10* like the evolved pets. I hope something else drops it so I can at least get started on it and try it out. :T

Poyonche
Got like 10 rare drops at the end of the quest (B rank, Mother didn't got crushed in the first phase).

And no eggs, disappointed.

Dammy
B rank , FeelsBadMan
failed riding part i guess

Moffen
31.90% increase per Falz Mother.

Also SEGA really blew this boss fight out of the park,it was amazing.
Such a cluster of random stuff but it wasnt cheap,the fight was fast yet difficult and we failed the rideroid because nobody knew that you had to spin2win.

I give it a 4/5

Xaeris
Dec 21, 2016, 06:29 AM
Well, I can't say I'm thrilled that the loot crystal is going to depend on people being able to fly their rideroids properly. That aside, I do like both phases of the fight. I love Sonic games, so the rideroid is just playing as Super Sonic to me, and Esca Mother can definitely dish out some pain, but you have ample opportunity to evade and counter if you're on the ball, so I like that.

Rakurai
Dec 21, 2016, 06:31 AM
Didn't notice what rank I got, but there were 20+ drops with 350% RDR active. We did defeat her in the first phase with less then 30 seconds to go, though.

The fight was fun, even though the only thing that was consistently killing anyone was the desperation attack she uses at each HP threshold. It doesn't seem realistically possible to destroy all of the cubes before they reach the center, so I don't quite understand how you prevent it from going off.

Dammy
Dec 21, 2016, 06:31 AM
absolutely hate 1 part 0/10 , that shit is killing game for me
second one was good tho , a proper raid boss , abit weak tho, considering people kill it on 1 try

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 21, 2016, 06:34 AM
What does the barrel roll do besides get certain annoying rabbits to shut up?

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 06:35 AM
absolutely hate 1 part 0/10 , that shit is killing game for me
second one was good tho , a proper raid boss , abit weak tho, considering people kill it on 1 try

I think its due to a lot of us seeing said boss in the story so most of us knew her pattern for the most part.
I like how she surprised us with more attacks though,I thought getting out of the gangbang gates would save me for the rest of the EQ but instead we get death cubes counting down to our impending doom.

Xaeris
Dec 21, 2016, 06:35 AM
If you're close enough to one of the four pods around Mother, the barrel roll will deal damage. Like, a lot of damage, considering it's not on cooldown.

Kintama
Dec 21, 2016, 06:36 AM
Played it on XH blocks because expected the sweeps one xpert blocks, i was not ready for this, I WAS NOT READY FOR THIS!

Moffen
Odd raid reward,its a huge grind boost to NT weps and units.
Wew.

final_attack
That Rideroid is hard D:
Got B rank with these :
50%
4 (300 pts / 300 pts) <- Rideroid death?
on score screen

Well, wasn't in story mode we got to fight it? So, kinda doing some kind of a practice run .....
Still fun though :D

Kondibon
I think once people get used to the fact that you just have to aim at her to shoot normal shots I think we'll be getting better ranks. I didn't figure out until near the end of the ride and spent more effort trying to ram her. The crashing part is probably like deaths normally and a personal score reduction, not a global one.

Also I spent 2m on the first redran posted in the market even though it's probably gonna drop like crazy within hours.

EDIT: OMG SEGA REALIZED THAT DROP RATE BOOSTS ARE DUMB REWARD FOR EQS BECAUSE YOU SPEND MOST OF THE TIME AFTER IT IN THE LOBBY SO THE REWARD BOOST IS A GRIND BONUS OMG

Vatallus
Dec 21, 2016, 06:37 AM
B rank, didn't beat the 1st phase. Only stunned her twice with about 3 of us sitting on her the whole fight.

Anduril
Dec 21, 2016, 06:37 AM
I suck at Rideroids. I did enjoy the main fight, though, I really am not a fan of her one-hit kill attack.

doomdragon83
Dec 21, 2016, 06:40 AM
630 Rank :(

EvilMag
Dec 21, 2016, 06:42 AM
Magatsu was more fun than this.

sparab
Dec 21, 2016, 06:42 AM
Also I spent 2m on the first redran posted in the market even though it's probably gonna drop like crazy within hours.

The cheapest egg on shit 1 is 20m you lucky dastard.

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 06:48 AM
Just wait like 3 runs and you'll have a redoran anyway @_@

Agastya
Dec 21, 2016, 06:48 AM
chaotic, repetitive, tedious, and boring.

i'd rather perform riverstomp barefoot on a bed of lego bricks.

NephyrisX
Dec 21, 2016, 06:51 AM
People will bitch about every new EQ like clockwork.

Kondibon
Dec 21, 2016, 06:51 AM
By the way, the only part of the fight I didn't get by the end was the giant nuke. I survived it the first time, but not the second. It seems to have something to do with the cubes but I'm not sure how it works.

On the other hand. Guys... I think Redran burst is going to be the single Target Torim spiral. My Redran is doing over 2k per hit with it at level 18. >_> Also, the personality on mine is increased damage based on how many enemies are around. That combined with its other PAs makes me think it's meant to be a mobbing pet.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he's still just 10 element and I forgot to turn average stance on.

Poyonche
Dec 21, 2016, 06:52 AM
Does Redoran drop elsewhere ? I WANT IT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM ! D:

@Kondibon : SO IT WAS YOU ! Ahem... Is it pretty ? Is it nice ? Is it powerful ? How did you name it ? ANSWER MEH !

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 06:53 AM
So if you happen to be dead during Phase 1's defeat it won't be counted on your results screen. If you happen to be dead during both...!

sparab
Dec 21, 2016, 06:56 AM
By the way, the only part of the fight I didn't get by the end was the giant nuke. I survived it the first time, but not the second. It seems to have something to do with the cubes but I'm not sure how it works.

On the other hand. Guys... I think Redran burst is going to be the single Target Torim spiral. My Redran is doing over 2k per hit with it at level 18. >_> Also, the personality on mine is increased damage based on how many enemies are around. That combined with its other PAs makes me think it's meant to be a mobbing pet.

The more cubes you smash the less damage you get it seems. The 2nd time damage is probably tripled as well? May still need to do a few dodge if your HP is not over 2000.

Also that personality sounds...Yamato, so I bet it loses effect on switch out.

Kondibon
Dec 21, 2016, 07:02 AM
Does Redoran drop elsewhere ? I WANT IT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM ! D:

@Kondibon : SO IT WAS YOU ! Ahem... Is it pretty ? Is it nice ? Is it powerful ? How did you name it ? ANSWER MEH !Pretty sure it only drops from Mother. And I have no idea how strong it's going to be for real until I get it to a higher level.

Also that personality sounds...Yamato, so I bet it loses effect on switch out.I don't see why it would reset. It doesn't build up, it just gets stronger based on how many enemies are around it. I still need to see the other personality.

EDIT: I'll do a full summary of its PAs in the Summoner thread when I get the last one. I have a pretty good idea of what the ones I have right now are for, but I wanna get the last one because I think it's the only REAL AoE based on the trailers.

Tymek
Dec 21, 2016, 07:05 AM
chaotic, tedious, and boring

Unfortunately, what Agastya said. Very chaotic, tedious and confusing. Boring.
I just did it for the first time, and on top of it being like that; it took us 59 minutes to clear it because I happened to enter the worst MPA I've ever been in.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 21, 2016, 07:06 AM
very interesting EQ, its up top with PD for me, love them both. i know its new and not everyone knows to destroy those 4 cores and drill into EFM like crazy but still i enjoyed it, way better than yamato.

as for the vortex of death, apparently your suppose to destroy all the cubes, bulky. i could be wrong tho

sparab
Dec 21, 2016, 07:07 AM
I don't see why it would reset. It doesn't build up, it just gets stronger based on how many enemies are around it. I still need to see the other personality.

I thought you meant the other personality which increase damage on X number of enemies it defeats. Excuse my eyes after such a flashy quest at 3am.

Vatallus
Dec 21, 2016, 07:10 AM
I thought the EQ was fine. Don't see anything wrong with it besides you know... the usual if you get a bad MPA its going to blow chunks.

Agastya
Dec 21, 2016, 07:10 AM
People will bitch about every new EQ like clockwork.

loser bitching was people needing to get good.

magatsu bitching was sega overestimating just how strong its playerbase actually was.

launch double/profound bitching was due to the fact it basically held your hand. people loved the revamp for it because it had a sense of progression and felt like the final boss.

yamato bitching was due to the fact it happened too early and then there was a huge nuke attack at the end where the punishment for failing was sitting in a 5 second time out.

mother just isn't really fun. it manages to take elements from all the dark falz fights while not taking any of the good parts from them, there's a ton of stuff happening but none of it feels like it has any meaning, there's no feedback on anything you do during the fights, failing the rideroid segment lets you continue the quest regardless but you may as well just leave because you're getting ten drops for over three times the time investment of all other big boss eqs.

maybe when we get better at the rideroid segments it'll feel more rewarding for our time but as it stands it isn't.

it's kind of like when you're playing star fox adventures, and you put the last krazoa spirit in the shrine, then fox saves krystal and suddenly ANDROSS IS THERE and krystal doesn't even thank fox for saving her stupid furry ass. she just yanks the staff away from him and starts shooting at andross and his stupid stone krazoa head, and then sometimes andross just eats you, and that's mother.

Xaelouse
Dec 21, 2016, 07:22 AM
This quest is cool.

The only problem is that it's yet another EQ.
Compared to other raids though, only Loser comes close in quality. PD is ruined by how shit Double is, Magatsu is a glorified punching bag, and yamato has the most hand-holding of them all. They actually took the best parts of the Loser fight for this new EQ and made some elements even harder.

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 07:23 AM
For the cubes of doom, I'm not sure what the deal is. I broke a few first go the rest of the MPA broke none at all. Took 4000 damage others took 8000.

Second time I broke even more cubes, others actually tried this time... took 5000 damage and others took nearly 9000. One guy took 3000 though so not sure what's going on.

Masu
chaotic, repetitive, tedious, and boring.

i'd rather perform riverstomp barefoot on a bed of lego bricks.
Same and not surprised considering video was already a huge porridge of visual efects with bunch of target spinning all around, it's just even worse when you actually play it x)

The cubes attackofzedoom seem designed for new pet actually. Lock-on , release. Got a 10* one (playing Su/Gu). Pretty strong but super squishy too. Funny how mobs are all jumping at you when you use that specific pet. Maybe a warcry latent or something lol

Meteor Weapon
[Mother] is fine. People will adapt it like they always do and before you know it you'd less likely get any fails at all. You guys sounded like you never got any TD1-4/Necky fails in it's early week.

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 07:32 AM
I remember the Loser fails too and at least with Loser you felt like you were having some kind of impact on the boss (removing its clock, removing gems to get rid of elemental effects, breaking shoulders to expose the throat..) here its like break arms and she stops moving for a bit and then straight back to business like nothing happened...

Could well be some other mechanics that aren't found yet I guess.

Kintama
Dec 21, 2016, 07:37 AM
I remember the Loser fails too and at least with Loser you felt like you were having some kind of impact on the boss (removing its clock, removing gems to get rid of elemental effects, breaking shoulders to expose the throat..) here its like break arms and she stops moving for a bit and then straight back to business like nothing happened...

That's what damage is for, to show that you are actually damaging the enemy, sometimes i am not sure what would suit your boat, i am glad this boss isn't a victim at all *looking at elder/yamato*, my only fear is that it becomes a stunfest on Expert blocks, which i will continue to avoid for a bit longer if that becomes the case.

Sizustar
Dec 21, 2016, 07:47 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Mps0UUkAAUXKX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0MlhdcVQAAHfxY.jpg

Vatallus
Dec 21, 2016, 07:50 AM
You almost had me.

Poyonche
Dec 21, 2016, 07:51 AM
Wasn't it supposed to loot at max element ?

Vatallus
Dec 21, 2016, 07:52 AM
It doesn't even show the EXP bar. lol

Masu
Dec 21, 2016, 07:53 AM
Wait wasn't it said they would drop at max element? (14*)

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 07:55 AM
Elder Soul yeh seems legit I dunno why yall are questioning it

Poyonche
Dec 21, 2016, 08:25 AM
S-Ranked this one.
Waaaaay more loot
Still no Redoran egg. *cries*

Kintama
Dec 21, 2016, 08:28 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Mps0UUkAAUXKX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0MlhdcVQAAHfxY.jpg

Wait wha-

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 08:34 AM
Still failed Phase 1 but got S-rank so confirmed you must be alive during the end of Phase 1. If you're not, the kill won't count and you'll get a B-rank regardless of your performance in Phase 1.

Vatallus
Dec 21, 2016, 08:34 AM
mmm dat S rank. People finally figured out how to use the Rides.

http://i.imgur.com/eRmKAFg.png

final_attack
Dec 21, 2016, 08:37 AM
2nd run, and here comes the S-rank :wacko:
That Rideroid part ..... XD

Kondibon
Dec 21, 2016, 08:43 AM
S-Ranked this one.
Waaaaay more loot
Still no Redoran egg. *cries*
They're WAY cheaper now at least. I saw a bunch for 500k. Which is still a lot, but eh, headstarts. * w*

Anduril
Dec 21, 2016, 08:47 AM
I had a terrible start to my second run. Just as I was going down from the campship, the MPA drops from 12/12 to 7/12. Someone starts the teleporter regardless, as everyone scrambles back up to the campship (I assume in the hopes of hopping into another, nearly full MPA); it does eventually go back up to 12/12, but the majority of the party doesn't show up in the mission until like a minute has passed. Needless to say, we failed Phase 1.

Renvalt
Dec 21, 2016, 09:07 AM
For the cubes of doom, I'm not sure what the deal is. I broke a few first go the rest of the MPA broke none at all. Took 4000 damage others took 8000.

Second time I broke even more cubes, others actually tried this time... took 5000 damage and others took nearly 9000. One guy took 3000 though so not sure what's going on.

It's a DPS check. I've played enough FFXIV to know how this shit works - it's no different than how Cloud of Darkness' own DPS check ultimate works in WoD.

Everyone needs to break the cubes to negate the attack, otherwise it wipes.

Each hand enables Mother to use attacks that are specific to that hand - killing those hands removes whatever attacks they had access to.

Example: the Double "Cage of Death" attack goes away if Double's hand is killed, you stop getting random meteors shoved in your face if Elder hand is killed, blue swords of death and blueberry sherbet floor boom goes away if Loser's hand is killed, etc.

You can tell which one is which by what adorns them: Castle Gate Bracelet is Double, Mothra Wristlets is Apprentice, Turtle Fingers is Elder, Feathered Wings is Loser.

Sizustar
Dec 21, 2016, 09:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0NFaUQVIAA-xHv.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0NI1k0VIAAmeyP.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0NGuYSUkAArFa4.jpg

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 09:40 AM

"Rarer than austere"

Bruh get me the katana I'll love you forever.

Sizustar
Dec 21, 2016, 09:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Mlz18UkAAH0zm.jpg

S-DEF - 233
R-Def - 230
T-Def - 236

S/R/T-Atk+20

All def attribute +2%(S/R/T and all element)
HP+60
PP+10

Photon Color changable

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 09:59 AM
What about set bonus? Is there none?

EvilMag
Dec 21, 2016, 10:00 AM
60 DEX from what I saw on twitter.

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 10:09 AM
As good as none then heh. So I guess I'm waiting to see how Union Units turn out.

EvilMag
Dec 21, 2016, 10:12 AM
Oh and someone parsed Mother.

Phase 2 is estimated to have 105m HP :wacko:

Renvalt
Dec 21, 2016, 10:16 AM
Oh and someone parsed Mother.

Phase 2 is estimated to have 105m HP :wacko:

How much does PD have? I'd like to compare, if possible.

milranduil
Dec 21, 2016, 11:37 AM
How much does PD have? I'd like to compare, if possible.

pd has about 35-40mil if you include bits and persona

SteveCZ
Dec 21, 2016, 12:25 PM
105m hp should be fun in non-expert vita block. :D

NephyrisX
Dec 21, 2016, 12:37 PM
I believe 105M HP is Phantom Mother herself. Her hands have their own independent health.

Vatallus
Dec 21, 2016, 12:53 PM
You act like people didn't find Austere in the very first PD.

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 01:39 PM
Seems like the damage scales depending on how many cubes are left. The more there are, the harder the attack hits. If there are none left you take no damage. I took about 150 damage and got a small dot that applies 1s ticks of 150 damage for like.. 3s or so? It doesn't last long.

So you don't need to break all the cubes, just as many as possible. Idk what the generally lethal quantity of cubes is gonna turn out to be, Found Straight Charge Type 0 pretty helpful for staying on top of the cubes.

Mattykins
Dec 21, 2016, 01:51 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/pso2/pso20161221_120443_002.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
quality

Zysets
Dec 21, 2016, 01:51 PM
I like to use TDs on bosses, and the gap closing TD PAs worked wonderfully for getting cubes, I'd go after one, break it in a hit or two, then use another gap closing PA and move to the next within a few seconds.

NephyrisX
Dec 21, 2016, 02:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbvE-rsDEIU
Ok, managed to upload my 3rd run of Phantom Mother. Made lots of blunders though because I am still getting used to her stages.

Selphea
Dec 21, 2016, 05:12 PM
Mother has more HP but is more hittable because it doesn't spin/fly off every 10 seconds, and Zanverse abusable because wind weak. In about 2 months most pubs should be able to shave it down to 10-15 mins I'm sure.

Mattykins
Dec 21, 2016, 05:55 PM
On a related note, CF is absurdly easy. Knocked out Train Ghidoran by spamming SH Arks Quest, filled it all in a single boost, and it looks like people are doing RQs again for Illusia.

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 06:00 PM
Remember that trains spawns in RQs so you may wanna hold off on arks quests til youre done with illusias heh.

Mattykins
Dec 21, 2016, 06:02 PM
Remember that trains spawns in RQs so you may wanna hold off on arks quests til youre done with illusias heh.

I did. Only got a single spawn, sadly. Got plenty of illusia's tho so I knocked that out in like three runs

arokidaaron
Dec 21, 2016, 06:15 PM
I did. Only got a single spawn, sadly. Got plenty of illusia's tho so I knocked that out in like three runs

Same here, boost kinda wasted just waiting for one train. Arks quest easily cleared about 1 to 2 mins or lesser, with a full party and is much faster than RQ.

Great Pan
Dec 21, 2016, 07:11 PM
-999/10 TOO HARD. Nerf it please SEGA!

IchijinKali
Dec 21, 2016, 07:24 PM
-999/10 TOO HARD. Nerf it please SEGA!

Not hard just way too tedious for its own good. First time I did the EQ I did it with a friend he kept dying left and right because he can't handle the rideroids very well. We get to the actual fight and my god knocking that thing down about 7+ times is just ridiculous. Finally get to him actually fighting us then is when it actually felt like something new and actually not a waste of time, thanks to us being able to attack him the whole time.

Get rid of the rideroid part as I fail to see the purpose of it other than to just waste time, don't even know if we are just chipping away at his hp. Then the EQ would at least be more tolerable.

sparab
Dec 21, 2016, 08:06 PM
Not hard just way too tedious for its own good. First time I did the EQ I did it with a friend he kept dying left and right because he can't handle the rideroids very well. We get to the actual fight and my god knocking that thing down about 7+ times is just ridiculous. Finally get to him actually fighting us then is when it actually felt like something new and actually not a waste of time, thanks to us being able to attack him the whole time.

Get rid of the rideroid part as I fail to see the purpose of it other than to just waste time, don't even know if we are just chipping away at his hp. Then the EQ would at least be more tolerable.

Unfortunately the rideroid stage is the whole point of the EQ, at least for the game dev.

You may as well quit the quest if you can't beat mother because the later fight WILL be a total waste of time.

Imca
Dec 21, 2016, 08:09 PM
About to run the EQ for the first time.

Playing as a ranger, would like to know in advance what to apply weak bullet too to not be too useless, sorry.

Kintama
Dec 21, 2016, 08:14 PM

Don't feed the troll

Kondibon
Dec 21, 2016, 08:16 PM

Get rid of the rideroid part as I fail to see the purpose of it other than to just waste time, don't even know if we are just chipping away at his hp. Then the EQ would at least be more tolerable.Pan literally only shitposts, you don't need to respond to that.

You may as well quit the quest if you can't beat mother because the later fight WILL be a total waste of time.So collection files are a total waste of time?

Playing as a ranger, would like to know in advance what to apply weak bullet too to not be too useless, sorry.the only things you can target are the wrists of the arms and her weakpoint... there isn't really anything else using WB on. I guess make sure you always have one ready for when she's stunned. Maybe try to have it ready for the cube phase? I can't think of a lot of ways to be USELESS with WB in that fight.

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 08:18 PM
Idk if weakbullet would help with cubes due to the sheer number of them. You kinda wanna be helping to break them yourself I'd imagine.

Batty
Dec 21, 2016, 08:19 PM
the double illusia that appears in the 6-10 floor of the new solo XQ give 45% of the bar if you use 350%

IchijinKali
Dec 21, 2016, 08:19 PM

Playing as a ranger, would like to know in advance what to apply weak bullet too to not be too useless, sorry.

Well during the first part of the fight the arms need to be destroyed in order to attack the boss. After they are destroyed he will fall down like Loser with an obvious weak point. WB if you can but unlike Loser and Elder unless he is in that stunned position you can't hurt him and the stun only lasts like 10 seconds at max.

When he becomes actually active, i.e. staying in the center, that obvious weak point is your only target just keep the WB active at all times.

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 08:30 PM

WB The hands as much as you can,but keep 1 for mother stun.
Use the wb on her core when she's down.
For the cubes,end attract works pretty nicely,keep a halfdoll or keep your pb full just in case.

Taking a launcher with the L ring weak bonus will keep you in the battle should nobody have anything wb'd and you're on cooldown.
For that I'd use zero impact + cosmos breaker and just spam zero while cosmos is going off.

sparab
Dec 21, 2016, 08:41 PM
So collection files are a total waste of time?

If you have no desire for boss drop. Last EQ 4 people rage quit when we did not clear riderroid stage.

the only things you can target are the wrists of the arms and her weakpoint... there isn't really anything else using WB on. I guess make sure you always have one ready for when she's stunned. Maybe try to have it ready for the cube phase? I can't think of a lot of ways to be USELESS with WB in that fight.

I played once with 3 other Ra. Dastards kept shooting WB on esca arms next to themselves thinking they are playing falz arm (you can only place 1 WB on arms).
Also I have yet to find a way to be useful during the cube phrase...beside slow roll/paraslide spam then revive the dead people.

Imca
Dec 21, 2016, 08:48 PM
WB The hands as much as you can,but keep 1 for mother stun.
Use the wb on her core when she's down.
For the cubes,end attract works pretty nicely,keep a halfdoll or keep your pb full just in case.

Taking a launcher with the L ring weak bonus will keep you in the battle should nobody have anything wb'd and you're on cooldown.
For that I'd use zero impact + cosmos breaker and just spam zero while cosmos is going off.

Alrighty, thanks for the help. :)

Also its nice to see another fan of zero impact + cosmos breaker, I.... never really see any one else use it on bosses for some reason despite it just melting HP. ._.;

Moffen
Dec 21, 2016, 08:56 PM
Alrighty, thanks for the help. :)

Also its nice to see another fan of zero impact + cosmos breaker, I.... never really see any one else use it on bosses for some reason despite it just melting HP. ._.;

Yeah,the launcher seems vastly underestimated when it comes to damage :v
I found out about that combo during an UQ run in which Anga resisted rifles and gunslashes so I used the next best thing and he chased me all over the place for a good portion of the fight :T

Its nice cheap instantaneous damage dumping after the cosmos goes off.

Sphere eraser might work for the cubes but I'm not sure.
Are they counted as part of mother or seperate objects?
If they're seperate,they'd all take laser damage individually right?

Edit: cubes are a piece of mother and thus can only be damaged one at a time.
End attract works best here.

oratank
Dec 21, 2016, 09:32 PM
Cubes counted as seperate objects

which soul boost mother factor transfer rate?

sparab
Dec 21, 2016, 09:32 PM
Edit: cubes are a piece of mother and thus can only be damaged one at a time.
End attract works best here.

I see 2-3 numbers flying out per jinga assualt, maybe they are separate objects to a degree (not all of them are individual targets it seems)?

On the side note, my MPA totally stopped the 1st cube attack but got wiped on the 2nd...because 6 people have been holding PB right from the start.

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 09:39 PM
I only get one damage number from my AOEs on them

Also again, you don't get B rank for failing to kill Mother in phase 1. You get a B-rank if you're dead while Phase 1 ends because you didn't get credit for it. I have failed phase 1 a few times and gotten S-rank anyway.

Sizustar
Dec 21, 2016, 09:52 PM

Also again, you don't get B rank for failing to kill Mother in phase 1. You get a B-rank if you're dead while Phase 1 ends because you didn't get credit for it. I have failed phase 1 a few times and gotten S-rank anyway.

I think you can die up to 4 time in phase 1, but still need to clear it before she reachs the finish line.

sparab
Dec 21, 2016, 09:56 PM

You get B rank if mother is not down (blackout) before timer runs out. Rideroid death won't affect your score until 11th death. If you fall far behind, it's better to suicide than trying to catch up.

AIS/Rideroid death are different from player death and you still receive full kill count/exp/drop before respawn.

Zorak000
Dec 21, 2016, 10:43 PM
yeah I toss down popple territory in the center and it manages to mop up a few cubes in the last seconds, but I definitely dont hit more than one at a time

Rakurai
Dec 21, 2016, 10:58 PM
Out of three EQs I did, the attack only once failed to deal instakill levels of damage. The damage pulses have a predictable enough rhythm that one could feasibly just guard/dodge through them, though.

It would be a lot easier if the cubes were coded as separate objects so multiple could be struck at a time.

Vatallus
Dec 21, 2016, 11:31 PM
Can confirm you get B rank if Mother isn't beat in Phase 1. At least the lowsy video of my first run shows that.

Raujinn
Dec 21, 2016, 11:43 PM
Hm, I reviewed the video footage I captured (recorded all attempts so far) and I can only assume I thought the 2nd run was a failure. We did indeed succeed with 50 seconds remaining. What's extra confusing is the cutscene for failure seems to be exactly the same as the one for success!

They give you an absolute ton of time to deal with it though, so I imagine most groups will succeed from now on. B-rank's drops are pathetic, so yeah it's worth abandoning if the rideroid section times out as long as you think you can get a good replacement run.

Suirano
Dec 22, 2016, 01:25 AM
Still don't entirely get the Rideroid section but some things I noticed in her actual fight.

The first phase is basically the exact same as the story mode version, just with more HP. Including breaking a hand to stop the combination attacks they do.

The cube move's damage is based on how many cubes are remaining. So taking out enough can reduce the damage to surviving levels. Have no idea how many it is though.

In her pissy boss phase. After every 4 attacks, she will do the cross laser move at the center and pose and chill there for a bit. She repeats this process until she does the cube move again and then go right back to doing the earlier pattern. So as long as you pay attention to her, when you see the cross laser move, she will stay still for a bit. That is your moment to use the powerful moves you have somewhat successfully.

Don't know if it was mentioned before or if it helps but its something.

Zysets
Dec 22, 2016, 01:42 AM
Rideroid quest is just, destroy her four little floating balls, which reveals her usual weakpoint, then drill into the weakpoint as much as possible. It's really easy, I haven't had an MPA fail the rideroid part in any of my runs.

You can die quite a few times without negative consequences too.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 22, 2016, 03:15 AM
Is there a difference between Xpert block and normal XH block, beside player filtering?

Mattykins
Dec 22, 2016, 03:17 AM
Is there a difference between Xpert block and normal XH block, beside player filtering?

Just the people who couldn't clear the XQ and, honestly, considering half of the people in the expert blocks still suck all kinds of dick, I shudder at the thought of those left behind.

Sizustar
Dec 22, 2016, 04:40 AM
Well, I guess that's one way to survive the cube attack

https://twitter.com/mt_toteti/status/811633065147527168

And you can..knock the spinning door thing back..

https://twitter.com/luna_ceres/status/811793052721233920

final_attack
Dec 22, 2016, 05:03 AM

???
MassiveHunter + stand at the side? o-o

Sizustar
Dec 22, 2016, 05:05 AM
???
MassiveHunter + stand at the side? o-o

200 T-Def mag.

final_attack
Dec 22, 2016, 05:07 AM
200 T-Def mag.

Ah, just noticed that ..... Sorry >.<
But, that's ..... super expensive D:

morkie
Dec 22, 2016, 05:23 AM
what quest most illusia spawn?

Sizustar
Dec 22, 2016, 05:27 AM

Solo extreme Quest

final_attack
Dec 22, 2016, 05:32 AM

You can also do Riding Quest with 12P ......
1 kill equals around 25%+ with 250% RDR and 30% Daily, I believe. So you need to kill 5.

DefinitlyNotTrap
Dec 22, 2016, 06:54 AM
Just don't die in 1 phase and I will get S rank? or I need to defeat her before the finish line.

Sizustar
Dec 22, 2016, 07:03 AM
Just don't die in 1 phase and I will get S rank? or I need to defeat her before the finish line.

No, you can die up to...11 time, but you need to defeat her before the finish line.

Moffen
Dec 22, 2016, 07:30 AM
Anyone else dying during the cubes even when you're using your photon blast?

had about 5 people next to me die when we were chaining PBs before the cubes killed everyone but we got nuked through the invunerability.

abidias
Dec 22, 2016, 07:30 AM
this quest is lame as the entire ep4 content, please ep5 be a true scifi sspace opera PSO

NoiseHERO
Dec 22, 2016, 07:33 AM
this quest is lame as the entire ep4 content, please ep5 be a true scifi sspace opera PSO

Hah.

This games been straying away from that faster than the universe has been expanding.

On top of having PSP2i as a Dad.

Tymek
Dec 22, 2016, 08:50 AM

Are you saying that you...?!

SteveCZ
Dec 22, 2016, 09:42 AM
So.. the total stats for 12* units are.. 180 HP, 30 PP, and +20 ATK?

Vatallus
Dec 22, 2016, 04:14 PM
As I'm sure some people are wondering how they are going to complete their collection files when it requires Lv 70+ Vegas and no one is running Riding Quest or Las Vegas. (And you don't want to do solo ExQ for them).

For those that haven't noticed yet. You don't need to kill Lv 70+ Trains or Vegas to fill the bar. Other enemies that drop the item can be killed instead and they don't need to be lv 70+ either. Filled the Lv 70+ Train part of my Rod CF in a single SH FC run.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/kmzehtE.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anduril
Dec 22, 2016, 04:38 PM
As I'm sure some people are wondering how they are going to complete their collection files when it requires Lv 70+ Vegas and no one is running Riding Quest or Las Vegas. (And you don't want to do solo ExQ for them).

For those that haven't noticed yet. You don't need to kill Lv 70+ Trains or Vegas to fill the bar. Other enemies that drop the item can be killed instead and they don't need to be lv 70+ either. Filled the Lv 70+ Train part of my Rod CF in a single SH FC run.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/kmzehtE.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yep, the only one this doesn't work with is the 13* Pet since One Layer Pancakes +3 don't drop (as far as I know); also, the Nox will only complete if it drops from Mother due to the "Gauge will Only Fill in the Following Mission" tag.

EDIT: Also, Mother drops Nox Weapons even without filling the Gauge; I just got an Astra Wand sheet filled that was at 0.00% for the Nox Wand.

Zysets
Dec 22, 2016, 04:50 PM
On Ship 2, Riding has been pretty active thanks to the files though. I'm always able to find 12/12 groups. So at least for the time being that's a good option.

Vatallus
Dec 22, 2016, 05:29 PM
On Ship 2, Riding has been pretty active thanks to the files though. I'm always able to find 12/12 groups. So at least for the time being that's a good option.

Ship 9's Riding Quest is as dead as a door knob 95% of the day. So I have to use alternative means to fill my CFs quickly.

Mattykins
Dec 22, 2016, 06:15 PM
Either way, too more runs til I get my first Astra weap. Probably won't need all of til April to get these lol

Either way, this was my 2nd attempt. Went pretty well, all considering. Youtube raped the quality and the audio cracks at one point because my graphics have been janky lately, but yeah :c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXitIAARLk8

echofaith
Dec 22, 2016, 06:20 PM

And you can..knock the spinning door thing back..

https://twitter.com/luna_ceres/status/811793052721233920

Wonder how much T-def total you need for that.

IchijinKali
Dec 22, 2016, 06:59 PM
Uh someone want to explain this to me? I picked up all these CFs at the same time just before I did a Ruin Expo SH run, which is all I have done today. I ran into 3 zeshes, 1 wol, 1 dark falz arm, and 1 rockbear. After completion I ended up with two CFs that made progress both in a different spot.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/sYa9p/074f8746c7.png
http://puu.sh/sYacH/c6427c21af.png
http://puu.sh/sYaaQ/66de254013.png
http://puu.sh/sYa9Y/fcf3bd7c4e.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

*edit*
NVM teammate told me about killing enemies that can drop the weapon increase the % chance.

Coldco
Dec 22, 2016, 07:13 PM

Massive Hunter + Mag SP Action Ironwall (SP技量デバイス/鉄壁) 50 xcube in xcube exchage shop

HardBoiledPapa
Dec 22, 2016, 10:57 PM
Yep, the only one this doesn't work with is the 13* Pet since One Layer Pancakes +3 don't drop (as far as I know); also, the Nox will only complete if it drops from Mother due to the "Gauge will Only Fill in the Following Mission" tag.

EDIT: Also, Mother drops Nox Weapons even without filling the Gauge; I just got an Astra Wand sheet filled that was at 0.00% for the Nox Wand.

Are you sure about the nox part? I thought that "Gauge will only fill in the following mission" only applies to increasing the gauge and not completing the target item which means it's possible to complete the target item as long as it drops from an enemy that naturally drops it but it won't increase the gauge instead. I'm not sure about this and I wanna test it myself but I don't have a spare file but if there's someone willing to test this there's an easy one in the Gix collection and some of the target items are dropped by Emperrappy.

Anduril
Dec 22, 2016, 11:43 PM
Are you sure about the nox part? I thought that "Gauge will only fill in the following mission" only applies to increasing the gauge and not completing the target item which means it's possible to complete the target item as long as it drops from an enemy that naturally drops it but it won't increase the gauge instead. I'm not sure about this and I wanna test it myself but I don't have a spare file but if there's someone willing to test this there's an easy one in the Gix collection and some of the target items are dropped by Emperrappy.

That is the interpretation I'm getting from this line on the swiki:
ただし、目標アイテムが「クエスト固有ドロップ」の場合は達成度ゲージは上昇せず、直接ドロッ プしても「 COMPLETE! 」状態にならない。
Additionally, anecdotally, I have heard that people are unable to complete leftover Orbit Files because of this very reason.

morkie
Dec 22, 2016, 11:44 PM
yup it's work that they did not need to hunt illusia and train i tried it too...
too sad which is my favorite pet does not have other's drop to hunt, never try for a vh diff...
cause others can get even not SH....

by the way is mother factor can be use to affix as a fodder?

Crevox
Dec 23, 2016, 12:07 AM
Really happy with how the fight turned out. It's up there with one of their best fights. Rideroid is super fun, something fresh/new and more interesting than AIS to me.

The fight theme/graphics/etc was all spot on, and I'm glad there's actually some difficulty to it. I think Sakai has been hanging out with Yoshida a bit much with some of the ideas he's been coming up with lately, and the mix of the two is coming out to be quite nice.

isCasted
Dec 23, 2016, 01:43 AM
I'd say I like this EQ. It's not fantastic, but it's good enough for me to enjoy repeating it until I get 6 weapons to +35.

Still, I was kind of disappointed by Mother fight back when its story version is released, because "chase things all over the map while main body is somewhere else -> bash the main body until the HP threshold" feels like a throwaway boss concept. I guess PD with its bit chasing can get away with it, because 1) it's not a significant portion of a fight, 2) main body is still the main source of attacks, 3) there's something different every time.

Rideroid section is quite fun, although I notice that sometimes lasers just appear out of nowhere right on me and I'm forced to take damage. Well, it's not like it matters...

silo1991
Dec 23, 2016, 02:43 AM
i finally tried this brand new EQ and my conclusion is the next : 1st phase : really funny this is something new in the game , i hope we see more like this in the future
2nd phase repetitive as hell seriously i been in 3 runs and we never finish in time ( the bonus) because of this ; sega pls nerf this phase
3rd phase it is intense and hard but more confortable compared to the 2nd

and hell i never saw a lag like this in my expirience in the game , the last run i did i came late on purpose with such avoid that issue

CoffeeMug
Dec 23, 2016, 04:25 AM
No at Phase 1
Phase 2 is alot more fun

Emmarel
Dec 23, 2016, 04:27 AM
1st phase : really funny this is something new in the game , i hope we see more like this in the future

No. No! NO!

ZER0 DX
Dec 23, 2016, 04:31 AM
Y'all just need to get better at using Rideroids. It's fun when you don't suck at it.

Emmarel
Dec 23, 2016, 04:42 AM
(Oh boy now my PSOW post chain begins)

I can control the section pretty ok, however even being able to control it there's still the question of "Why is this here?"
I played it for my first time today and I feel like it's tacked on for the sake of just being there. It's a mechanic they established so they're trying to get some use out of it, and honestly I'm all for that, but this was NOT the place for it whatsoever, for it does not fit at all.

(Edit: Just to emphasize how much it doesn't fit / really shouldn't be here.)
Not to mention they're using an extremely new mechanic on a MAJOR EQ boss. When compared to AIS, Rideroid is pretty new for the most part, also they used a pretty red feedback mechanic as oppose to just using the damn near 100% green feedback mechanic that being AIS. By the way AIS already has the ground work laid out for this with the whole boost feature that was added in Yamato.
Ideally I wouldn't want this section in the EQ whatsoever, but god bless AIS would have been such a better choice.

isCasted
Dec 23, 2016, 05:19 AM
Nobody is denying that AIS is more fun, but you can only have so much variation with it. At least Rideroid adds something new.

Also, people complained about AIS being "tackled on" and "out of place" back when TD3 was released and ever since then. I'm not convinced.

EDIT: AIS was added in an extremely hardcore EQ, it was new entirely. Rideroid was added with a bunch of extremely laid back stuff. When Magatsu phase 2 was added AIS got a ton of upgrades and heavily changed in its feel, because quick vertical movement was now a thing, and an important thing at that.
All that changed about Rideroid itself (that's really important) is a bunch of rockets and a melee attack. Obstacle-wise, you just have to pay more attention. Surely, Riding Quests never made you dodge anything, but you still had to plan your movement out so you could collect medals fast and didn't run out of PP. Stakes just got slightly higher, and that's it.

Emmarel
Dec 23, 2016, 05:29 AM
I'm all for new stuff, but idc how fresh and new it is if it's literal hot trash.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2016, 05:36 AM
Also, people complained about AIS being "tackled on" and "out of place" back when TD3 was released and ever since then. I'm not convinced.

Fighting Elder in space on foot itself is ridiculous, imo.

And the rideroid part is fine.

Zephyrion
Dec 23, 2016, 06:49 AM
That is the interpretation I'm getting from this line on the swiki:
ただし、目標アイテムが「クエスト固有ドロップ」の場合は達成度ゲージは上昇せず、直接ドロッ プしても「 COMPLETE! 」状態にならない。
Additionally, anecdotally, I have heard that people are unable to complete leftover Orbit Files because of this very reason.

Yeah, Mother is a bit of an exception. "gauge will only increase in xx" means you can only get xx weapon to drop in xx quest, and IF it doesn't drop (most of the cases because the weapon isn't even in the target enemy's normal drop pool, see Vegas Illusia and Anga Gix file) then gauge increase. Now, Mama actually has Nox NT in its drop pool, so IF a Nox NT of the right type drops, then it will instantly complete this part of the file.

SteveCZ
Dec 23, 2016, 09:04 AM
Is it just me or this freakin mother EQ lagging like hell? Takes me a hell long loading phase just to get to the quest, even from inside the campship.

Poyonche
Dec 23, 2016, 09:37 AM
I have the same problem. It takes like 20 to 40 secs to load.

nguuuquaaa
Dec 23, 2016, 09:45 AM
So it's the same with everyone then.
First time into this quest I even thought I got infinite tunnel. Almost Alt+F4 there :wacko:

arokidaaron
Dec 23, 2016, 09:49 AM
I always get around 30 sec of tunnel. Same with my JP friend who usually lags at the beginning also.

Massaki
Dec 23, 2016, 09:57 AM
Just Sega being awful at optimization. :V There's no reason for this EQ to take this long to load.

SteveCZ
Dec 23, 2016, 10:00 AM
The lag is like Magatsu EQ, even though it is not as bad as this one.

That aside, after a few runs, seems like 11 - 15 minutes are the fastest I can get with a pub to finish.
The quest is okay. The ridoroid is okay. No matter how fun the AIS is, I'd be hella bored if this quest uses that again. I just don't like the navigation of Ridoroid as usual, but hey, at least it's different gameplay.
The mother boss... seems like TD with Air Chase having a really good time here, especially after the 2nd phase (after the arms fight). The ground seems to be hell and TD seems to be avoiding most of the obstacles down there. The last run I had was the first time I got a pub that can destroy all the cubes (just the first one, not the second one, lool. PB to the rescue).

I'm okay with this quest... especially the collection files. Austere easy mode. <3

RadiantLegend
Dec 23, 2016, 07:13 PM

Had nox sword drop from Hunar and didn't complete file. Mother only nox drops will fill/complete.

HardBoiledPapa
Dec 24, 2016, 12:19 AM
Had nox sword drop from Hunar and didn't complete file. Mother only nox drops will fill/complete.

Yah tested it too with gix collection and it didn't complete the target item.Looks like this limitation is a pain in the ass on collections that relies more on limited or seasonal eqs.

As for the rideroid part in mama eq I just wish they add the missiles and overboost on the weapon palette instead of putting it on the subpalette only. Kinda annoying for gamepad users to switch from analog stick to dpad just to switch between missiles or overboost.

Morgan Fumi
Dec 24, 2016, 01:01 PM
By the time her attack patterns switch up significantly, I'm already bored. Really starting to hate this fight.

Oh well. At least the collection file is quick to fill up compared to the ones I've done in the past, thanks to the riding quests.

Zysets
Dec 24, 2016, 02:08 PM
The mother boss... seems like TD with Air Chase having a really good time here, especially after the 2nd phase (after the arms fight). The ground seems to be hell and TD seems to be avoiding most of the obstacles down there.

As a Fi/Hu who uses TDs for bosses, yes, Mother is the most fun I've had fighting a boss with TDs. Her attacks are telegraphed just fine so I can use weapon action to dodge, and I can easily use Raging Waltz from target to target in this fight. It's a lot of fun with TDs. You can't really fly above most attacks honestly, but keeping an eye on the animations is enough to use weapon action and not take any damage.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 24, 2016, 03:12 PM
did the people who do the translation use the JP name for the quest or something else all together? friend was mentioning how the eng name was pretty lackluster versus the jp translation name (i dont remember how it went)

Anduril
Dec 24, 2016, 03:23 PM
did the people who do the translation use the JP name for the quest or something else all together? friend was mentioning how the eng name was pretty lackluster versus the jp translation name (i dont remember how it went)
The Japanese name of the quest is 月駆ける幻創の母.
The only thing the English name doesn't seem to address is the Moon part, but otherwise it is just a very spartan translation.

Zysets
Dec 24, 2016, 04:23 PM
I play the game without any language patches, and honestly I don't see the problem with the english name. It's close enough. I'm sure there may be issues with fitting the text, Sega themselves have said that they use a lot of Kanji in story quest names at the quest counter because they can't fit everything in there, even if it's written out more in the actual story chapter intros. (talking about Ep1-3) I imagine the same is true for regular quests and EQs.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 24, 2016, 04:54 PM
Anyone get over 33% progress a kill without rdr boost weeks?

Anduril
Dec 24, 2016, 05:21 PM
Anyone get over 33% progress a kill without rdr boost weeks?

Yes, using 250%RDR, 125% Triboost, 30% Daily, 9% Team Boost, 20% Temptation/Lucky Rise III Umbla Stick, Premium Drink (15/20%?), Karaage (10%), and a Lillipan Omelet (50%); that gave me about 36-ish%. Note, that if you are using an Umbla Stick, it has to be when Mother dies in order for it to count for the CF (you can see that the bar fills before you even hit the crystal).

sparab
Dec 24, 2016, 10:28 PM
Yes, using 250%RDR, 125% Triboost, 30% Daily, 9% Team Boost, 20% Temptation/Lucky Rise III Umbla Stick, Premium Drink (15/20%?), Karaage (10%), and a Lillipan Omelet (50%); that gave me about 36-ish%. Note, that if you are using an Umbla Stick, it has to be when Mother dies in order for it to count for the CF (you can see that the bar fills before you even hit the crystal).

Basically you need to switch umbra stick and luckyrise units after the 2nd cube phrase (final announcement) to guarantee the bonus.

suzaku0zero0
Dec 26, 2016, 03:38 AM
[

How to get lilipan omelette?
You forgot unit timed ability

How to guarantee to gr 12,* units

ZerotakerZX
Dec 26, 2016, 03:54 AM
[

btw which timed ability shoudl one use for mother quest? arks fleet?

PokeminMaster
Dec 26, 2016, 04:19 AM
Use the general Earth one; it even specifies "Earth & Moon" now

suzaku0zero0
Dec 26, 2016, 05:44 AM
lilipan omelette cost 1.8 mil for just a 30 min +50% rdr...

Anyone got 12* units?

Anduril
Dec 26, 2016, 10:16 AM
[

I had several timed ability requests pending that didn't come through, that's why it isn't in my calculations.
Since the base fill rate (no additional RDR, not even the 30% daily) for Mother is ~5.8%, if you have all the same boosts I listed, but substitute the Omlette for a full set of lv5 RDR timed ability units, the fill rate would be around 33.5%, so it is just enough to fill it and get the weapon in 4 runs.
Additionally, I have basically put the character I run Mother on on lockdown; I don't run any other quest with her except to quickly refill her daily, and as such each omlette lasts 2 to 2.5 runs depending on the MPA I get; I also just cube all my drops from Mother and convert them into Grinders for some quick meseta, so in two runs I make back about 1/3 of the cost of the omlette.

Flaoc
Dec 26, 2016, 11:44 AM
yet nobody mentioned how to get lillipan omlette

Anduril
Dec 26, 2016, 12:26 PM
yet nobody mentioned how to get lillipan omlette

They are part of a real world promotion with a cafe: http://pso2.jp/players/campaign/pso2cafe_thebest/
So unless you go there and get the item codes, the only way to get them is through the player shop (to find them, I just search "Consumables">"Boost Items">"Search by Time" and I usually find them on the bottom of the search page).

suzaku0zero0
Dec 27, 2016, 12:13 AM
does killing mother df in riding quest part makes final mother df fight have a separate drop list? cuz dying at the end of riding part doesnt change rank

I never seem to get anything new :<

Mattykins
Dec 29, 2016, 12:01 AM
Did a team mpa and we managed to make Mother skip her second cube attack altogether. Anyone else have this happen?

final_attack
Dec 29, 2016, 12:15 AM
Did a team mpa and we managed to make Mother skip her second cube attack altogether. Anyone else have this happen?

Yes, a few fights I did (with twitter group) ..... managed to skip 2nd cube attack.

SteveCZ
Dec 29, 2016, 12:24 AM

I managed to have it this morning (JP) EQ with pub. I think it relates to how far we do damage way before the 1st cube.

Renzix
Dec 29, 2016, 12:52 AM

Yep, and it is also possible to be able to skip the 2nd Cube Attack too even if the MPA is slowly taking its time damaging Mother. Some times she will just keep attacking like normal and won't fly up to summon the Cubes after Sierra does the final announcement indicating that Mother's at its weakest.

Zysets
Dec 29, 2016, 12:56 AM
does killing mother df in riding quest part makes final mother df fight have a separate drop list? cuz dying at the end of riding part doesnt change rank

I never seem to get anything new :<

if you don't beat the chase phase, you can't get an S Rank from my understanding.

Renzix
Dec 29, 2016, 01:12 AM
if you don't beat the chase phase, you can't get an S Rank from my understanding.

This is true. You won't get an S Rank if you don't beat Mother in Phase 1 and she also gets reduced drops, sort of like Fake Loser vs Real Loser.

However, even if you kill her during the first phase, you can still get a B Rank if Mother dies while you are dead. Luckily, this doesn't affect the Crystal drops.

Mattykins
Dec 29, 2016, 04:23 AM
Another strange thing just happened.

I was in a pug fighting Mother, when we bopped a Falz Arm on what I think was the 2nd round of the first phase and the game suddenly lagged. I thought I was 630ing until I saw people healing, so it turned out that Mother was just stuck. I sat there for a sec, wondering if I should ditch the mpa (one person did) when suddenly, Mother started moving again, only she skipped right to the second phase, skipping the first cube attack altogether. The normal music was still playing, only changing to Whole New World at Sierra's last announcement and after what was supposed to be her 2nd cube attack.

Has there been any other reports of this? I recorded, but I started a bit late; I didn't catch the lag, only the part where we fought Mother in her second phase with the normal music playing. Also, it didn't seem like she took any longer or shorter to kill for it all.

Gaylar
Dec 29, 2016, 05:27 AM
I find it funny hearing about people skipping cube phases right now.

...because I had a run earlier today where she got stuck IN the last cube phase after her attack went off, and everyone had to abandon the run.

Talk about dumb luck :wacko:

SteveCZ
Dec 29, 2016, 06:35 AM
Sounds like ship 2 problems only. :-P

Alenoir
Dec 29, 2016, 12:43 PM
Sounds more like someone with a questionable connection managed to host the room.