PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan version shutting down

EvilMag
Jan 17, 2017, 05:13 AM
http://tw.beanfun.com/PSO2/Bulletins/BulletinDetail.aspx?Bid=46983&kind=524

Not sure if SEA is going down as well.

SteveCZ
Jan 17, 2017, 05:25 AM
I already forgot about this whole SEA Taiwan thing. Well, hopefully it unblocks the SEA IPs if SEA is affected? was that the case?

But I'm not quite happy about it though. If there are those who ever migrate from SEA to JP, I do recall people never really talk good stuff about SEA here (I'm sure Ship 2 is the one affected anyway, if that ever happen :p).

I wonder which ship that TW folks would migrate, if they ever want to go to JP.

oratank
Jan 17, 2017, 05:27 AM
waiting for good news :D

SolRiver
Jan 17, 2017, 05:32 AM
Lol some taiwanese ppl i know play on jp server and the question about why they dont play on tw server never enter my head.

I completely forgot there was tw server.

If i remember right, majority in ship 8... But i really am not sure i remember it right. They go together as a few big guild, and they are decently cautious in public to avoid being ban as non-jp.

I always wonder why they are so cautious when english players are so flamboyant and still didnt get banned.

otakun
Jan 17, 2017, 06:03 AM
Lol some taiwanese ppl i know play on jp server and the question about why they dont play on tw server never enter my head.

I completely forgot there was tw server.

If i remember right, majority in ship 8... But i really am not sure i remember it right. They go together as a few big guild, and they are decently cautious in public to avoid being ban as non-jp.

I always wonder why they are so cautious when english players are so flamboyant and still didnt get banned.

Sega is contractually bound to enforce TW and SEA players from playing on JP servers but since there is no western server making Sega of America money they get no benefit keeping ENG players away.

wefwq
Jan 17, 2017, 07:12 AM
Hopefully SEA server also goes down with no survivor and JP server finally lift the IP block.

arokidaaron
Jan 17, 2017, 07:38 AM
Well we'll know soon, after their maintenance this week hopefuly

Sizustar
Jan 17, 2017, 07:54 AM
I already forgot about this whole SEA Taiwan thing. Well, hopefully it unblocks the SEA IPs if SEA is affected? was that the case?

But I'm not quite happy about it though. If there are those who ever migrate from SEA to JP, I do recall people never really talk good stuff about SEA here (I'm sure Ship 2 is the one affected anyway, if that ever happen :p).

I wonder which ship that TW folks would migrate, if they ever want to go to JP.

No relation, different country and company.

Sega is contractually bound to enforce TW and SEA players from playing on JP servers but since there is no western server making Sega of America money they get no benefit keeping ENG players away.

There is no IP-ban from sega for Taiwan IP, since Taiwan publisher did not request that, and majority of Tw player that started stayed on the japanese server, and Taiwan has alot of MMORPG and Mobage that comes out, it's a very...cut throat market.

SteveCZ
Jan 17, 2017, 08:04 AM
Maybe SEA is coming up soon then, lol. :D

Alenoir
Jan 17, 2017, 11:37 AM
News say it's shutting because contract is coming up soon and they don't sound like they're going to renew it.

From what they're listing on the "End of the Year Sales" in the post, they are not even on episode 4.

SteveCZ
Jan 17, 2017, 11:56 AM
They are still in episode 2 from the look of the website.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 17, 2017, 12:25 PM
They are still in episode 2 from the look of the website.

Haha, losers! Dark falz losers.

Zysets
Jan 17, 2017, 12:36 PM
Were they on Episode 2 for more than a year? Would suck for them if they had lack of updates for so long.

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 17, 2017, 12:47 PM
Were they on Episode 2 for more than a year? Would suck for them if they had lack of updates for so long.

IIRC both TW, SEA and TH get their updates on the same week and if i remember right these servers got TD3 on May 2016 and after that no more new content and got recycled seasonal updates instead.

SteveCZ
Jan 17, 2017, 12:48 PM
... no more new content and got recycled seasonal updates instead.

recycled? how about story updates...? collab......?

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 17, 2017, 12:58 PM
recycled? how about story updates...? collab......?

In terms of content I think we got almost all the content for EP2 except for Knightgear as for collabs I think all none Sega owned IPs did't get released there which is understandable due to license issues i think and because of that ac scratches are recycled multiple times probably 3x not sure..

ArcaneTechs
Jan 17, 2017, 05:10 PM
now to wait and watch people spread rumors around that now that TW is going down that this means SoA is gonna announce the West release of the game and people are just gonna go wild about it... and it somehow happens

Zysets
Jan 17, 2017, 05:27 PM
now to wait and watch people spread rumors around that now that TW is going down that this means SoA is gonna announce the West release of the game and people are just gonna go wild about it... and it somehow happens

Don't give people ideas.

Also I wouldn't mind if SoA completely skipped on PSO2 at this point, and instead focused on preparing to make sure they can handle it's successor properly once that starts rolling around 4-6 years from now (if Sega keeps their promise of running PSO2 for around 10 years. I don't have any doubt that SoA wanted to bring PSO2 over, but PSU and PSPo2's online modes where a mess in the west, I'd rather they sit this one out and ensure they can keep up in the future.

Keilyn
Jan 17, 2017, 08:13 PM
I still remember that rather than give Update 1 in PSU (The update that added GAS and turned Masterfarce into Masterforce), An announcement came for the closing of the servers while the game was around 1.5 - 2 years behind the original version of the game. I don't care about a western release of PSO-2 unless its a private server that has been completely reverse engineered to the point that all the F2P crap added in there to wipe the floor with your money and sanity are gone!

I can't stand Sega of America and their pack of lies and endless excuses made.
I still remember the time when PSU login servers would collapse and if a player would log out, they would not be able to log back in.

Even worse was that the most bandwidth they gave each player was an MCR of 7K, where in Japan I was able to get an MCR of 10K and response time was far better even with far more players logged in at the same time. I always felt that the PSU server was outsourced to some kid's basement with an unstable connection....

Oh well.
Garbage is Garbage I suppose.
A decent game ruined by all the incompetence and drama brought forth by SoA.

Zysets
Jan 18, 2017, 01:31 AM
PSU was a complete mess in the West, I eventually imported a JP copy and played on JP servers later on.

PSPo2 was a mess in a different sense though, which I don't really blame SoA for. PSPo2's localization was great in my opinion, and I was really happy they kept a lot of the collaboration content the Japanese version had, like Vocaloid, Fate/Stay, and other anime items. My issue with PSPo2 was that people Pirated it to the point that it basically killed any chances of getting Infinity in the west, plus hacking was absolutely rampant on the Western version's online mode. It wasn't any fun unless you could plan ahead and make sure you were playing with people you knew who didn't cheat.
On top of that, Sega planned to slowly release special item codes overtime through events and online, but people ripped the codes out of the game's code within the first few weeks of release. For shame.

I can even assure this was a problem only in the western release though, because I did import Inifnity when it came out (It was obvious it wasn't going to come west with how bad PSPo2's situation was), and none of that existed on JP version's online mode, interestingly enough.

Basically, Phantasy Star needs a break in the west, as much as I understand how disappointed some people are, it honestly needs a good long break. The most recent Phantasy Star I can think of to have a smooth western release was Phantasy Star Zero, but there's no way to play that online anymore without using an Action Replay or something similar. I guess I still have offline mode.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 18, 2017, 09:32 AM
PSU was a complete mess in the West, I eventually imported a JP copy and played on JP servers later on.

PSPo2 was a mess in a different sense though, which I don't really blame SoA for. PSPo2's localization was great in my opinion, and I was really happy they kept a lot of the collaboration content the Japanese version had, like Vocaloid, Fate/Stay, and other anime items. My issue with PSPo2 was that people Pirated it to the point that it basically killed any chances of getting Infinity in the west, plus hacking was absolutely rampant on the Western version's online mode. It wasn't any fun unless you could plan ahead and make sure you were playing with people you knew who didn't cheat.
On top of that, Sega planned to slowly release special item codes overtime through events and online, but people ripped the codes out of the game's code within the first few weeks of release. For shame.

I can even assure this was a problem only in the western release though, because I did import Inifnity when it came out (It was obvious it wasn't going to come west with how bad PSPo2's situation was), and none of that existed on JP version's online mode, interestingly enough.

Basically, Phantasy Star needs a break in the west, as much as I understand how disappointed some people are, it honestly needs a good long break. The most recent Phantasy Star I can think of to have a smooth western release was Phantasy Star Zero, but there's no way to play that online anymore without using an Action Replay or something similar. I guess I still have offline mode.Cool story, bro.

Anon_Fire
Jan 18, 2017, 11:14 AM
Cool story, bro.

Actually, I can vouch that this really did happen when I got PSPo2.

KabutechRX
Jan 18, 2017, 11:58 AM
Yeah, there were a bunch of hackers on PSPo2; some of them did really nasty stuff like joining public lobbies and resetting people to lv1 or even lv0 which would ruin your character. I just stopped playing with randoms after a while because i didnt want to bother with that.

KingSasuke
Jan 18, 2017, 12:46 PM
Yeah, there were a bunch of hackers on PSPo2; some of them did really nasty stuff like joining public lobbies and resetting people to lv1 or even lv0 which would ruin your character. I just stopped playing with randoms after a while because i didnt want to bother with that.

Wow I played lots of PSPo2 and I remember people hacking to get World of Guardians but resetting people character level didn't know anything about that.

Keilyn
Jan 18, 2017, 12:52 PM
Hacking has existed since Phantasy Star Online
Original Hack for the Dreamcast version was to make four items through a game shark.
Priest/Mind--, Priest/Mind--, God/HP++, God/TP++

These were not the regular versions of items. They were super-versions.
MST was connected to your overall TP, and these hacked priest/mind-- would drop you to -1000 to -2000 MST
Then God/TP++ would increase your TP by around 10,000 (like I said... Hacked versions)
The hacked God/HP++ would increase your HP by around 50,000.

Since now you had TP to cast techs and a negative MST stat.
All a player had to do is enter any room and during a boss battle spam Resta!

Instead of gaining health, the players lose health.
In the original game, dying made the player drop their currently equipped weapon and their meseta.
Grab the weapon and meseta, and simply log out.

Hell, I remember all the hacked level 999 mags.

PSO as a series has always had its hackers....

Zysets
Jan 18, 2017, 02:23 PM
PSO as a series has always had its hackers....

That's kind of my point. Especially in western releases, hacking is always a thing. That's why I'm saying I'd prefer if Sega of America skipped out for a bit and figured some things out to prevent it in the first place, and fix their own internal issues.

Vatallus
Jan 18, 2017, 04:33 PM
Plenty of games have issues with hackers though. I remember playing Dungeon Defenders and that being like a hacker landfill. High tier players running around with near perfectly stated equipment. I only farmed end game long enough to find 3 ultimate ranked pieces of armor and they were all shit. Not even mentioning there was still Ultimate+ and Ultimate++ who plenty of people seemed to have with the correct stats.

Then the currency they all used was an item people only get one of per account. The companion cube and they would trade 40+ of them just for a single item. Which again people only got one per account. Meaning either 40+ people sold them their cube or....

There was a tool that allowed people to change equipment rarity and stats. Some people knew enough about the game to know what was possible and what wasn't giving them the advantage when it came to passing equipment checks done by the game staff. Since all they did was check if the stats were in the RNG range and either didn't or couldn't check to see if the item actually dropped at that rarity/stats.

Then there was the ordeal with Binding of Isaac Rebirth where the devs added little bits of information on how to unlock The Lost. It was meant to be a community effort with a bunch of people getting the specific item and then dying. When they died they would get a small picture which was a piece of one of 4 bigger pictures and they were meant to get enough of them to figure out the unlock process for The Lost. Cue someone breaking into the game files and spewing that information out while the community was working on it.

World of Tanks with aimbots and mods that allowed you to zoomed further than you were suppose too. Some that allowed you to see past walls, ground, etc.

I could keep making a list. I suppose what I am saying is it doesn't matter what game you play, someone either is or already has hacks for it. The best you can do for an online multiplayer game is keep most things server sided.

Volkh
Jan 19, 2017, 03:18 AM
From what I see, sea may server merge with TH (Actually, I'm not really sure if TH and TW are the same lul) That's the only logical thing I can think of.

Eitherway, not gonna last long for sure

Sizustar
Jan 19, 2017, 03:27 AM
From what I see, sea may server merge with TH (Actually, I'm not really sure if TH and TW are the same lul) That's the only logical thing I can think of.

Eitherway, not gonna last long for sure

Different country, different company, that's like saying US is the same as UK.

Taiwan version is Mandarin Chinese, run by Gamania

Sea and TH are the same version by playpark, except with language difference, it would be like if a game in the US has a English server and a Spanish server.

SteveCZ
Jan 19, 2017, 03:34 AM
Soo.. I wonder if this would mean chaos or blessing to PSO2 JP when all of them are closed.

Sizustar
Jan 19, 2017, 03:36 AM
Soo.. I wonder if this would mean chaos or blessing to PSO2 JP when all of them are closed.

Probabely nothing much, the people that want to play on the japanese version are already playing it, the one that don't want to, are playing on their version, and probabely don't want to start over, so will most likely go to a new game.

blkbox11
Jan 19, 2017, 01:53 PM
Note that this is just my take on it, but if SEA is about to shut down as well, the publisher would have said something by now. It looks like the dates of the beginning of the publishing contracts for SEA and Taiwan only differ by a few months at most.

Assuming Asiasoft also took a three year contract, that means its deadline for renewal is coming up soon. The last time Asiasoft gave an update on their facebook and website was in December, which was quite recent. No Ep. 3 news, though. So they're probably just going to continue to milk whales.

Most people are also assuming that SEGA will lift the IP ban on SEA if the Asiasoft version shuts down. I actually don't think they will.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 19, 2017, 02:56 PM
Note that this is just my take on it, but if SEA is about to shut down as well, the publisher would have said something by now. It looks like the dates of the beginning of the publishing contracts for SEA and Taiwan only differ by a few months at most.

Assuming Asiasoft also took a three year contract, that means its deadline for renewal is coming up soon. The last time Asiasoft gave an update on their facebook and website was in December, which was quite recent. No Ep. 3 news, though. So they're probably just going to continue to milk whales.

Most people are also assuming that SEGA will lift the IP ban on SEA if the Asiasoft version shuts down. I actually don't think they will.Why not? BTW, I've chatted with someone from SEA, and it seems like SEA server is practically dead anyway, nobody plays there, and the blame is on asiasoft.

blkbox11
Jan 19, 2017, 10:26 PM
Why not? BTW, I've chatted with someone from SEA, and it seems like SEA server is practically dead anyway, nobody plays there, and the blame is on asiasoft.
SEA might last longer because it's primarily in English, and there are people who are actually using VPNs and such from foreign countries to get into the game. People are also paying absurd amounts of money there to get AC items regardless of the low population to maintain their superiority for some reason, and that's been known for some time.

If you meant why I think SEGA won't lift the IP ban even if SEA shuts down; it's just that there is really no benefit in them doing so. I personally believe they had another reason (what that might be is anyone's guess) besides the contract to IP ban SEA from the JP servers, since they were in a position to say 'no' to it at any time, yet agreed anyway.

Of course, I could be wrong on both of these, but I just don't have a positive outlook on the situation.

SteveCZ
Jan 19, 2017, 10:51 PM
If SEA is still alive cause there are still some blind, profitable whales in there, they shouldn't shut it down, cause $$$. I mean, shouldn't it be obvious there's barely any update? or have I forgotten what episode 2 was like, lol.

People are also paying absurd amounts of money there to get AC items regardless of the low population to maintain their superiority for some reason, and that's been known for some time.

Funny though to think the community is so silly not to realize it, just to maintain their ego and keep the people around them (by buying stuff for them too maybe? so the people keep adoring these folks, perfect profitable community). Exactly the kind of players that the publishers wanted. It's way worse than trying to enjoy the game cause basically there's almost nothing coming up any sooner, as far as I see it. Lol.

Keilyn
Jan 19, 2017, 11:39 PM
I see this over and over again.
Regardless of the state of a game,
Players will continue to feed their games until they die out.

They will cry, feel sad, and even grief a bit.
Then the next day they will go play the sequel or a similar game
and repeat the process over again

This is true,
and living in a world where the business model is to squeeze the immersion out of games for profit,
I can't help wonder how amazing private servers are to games.

Almost every MMORPG I've played on a private server done right
has been better than playing the game (regardless the model thrown into it) in official servers.

blkbox11
Jan 20, 2017, 12:00 AM
If SEA is still alive cause there are still some blind, profitable whales in there, they shouldn't shut it down, cause $$$. I mean, shouldn't it be obvious there's barely any update? or have I forgotten what episode 2 was like, lol.

Funny though to think the community is so silly not to realize it, just to maintain their ego and keep the people around them (by buying stuff for them too maybe? so the people keep adoring these folks, perfect profitable community). Exactly the kind of players that the publishers wanted. It's way worse than trying to enjoy the game cause basically there's almost nothing coming up any sooner, as far as I see it. Lol.

That's basically most, if not all games published in SEA. It's been said a lot across the internet: they don't care about their games and players unless those games make money, and if it does, then they only care about how much money it makes. Squeeze for a few years and then drop is their usual strategy.

For the players themselves, it's probably a combination of things. I know people who went to PSO2SEA after the IP block, and they've developed something like Stockholm Syndrome from having nowhere else to go. For the Taiwan version, there were no IP blocks put in place to prevent TW players from accessing JP, so they lost nothing.

Zysets
Jan 20, 2017, 01:27 AM
SEA might last longer because it's primarily in English, and there are people who are actually using VPNs and such from foreign countries to get into the game. People are also paying absurd amounts of money there to get AC items regardless of the low population to maintain their superiority for some reason, and that's been known for some time.

If you meant why I think SEGA won't lift the IP ban even if SEA shuts down; it's just that there is really no benefit in them doing so. I personally believe they had another reason (what that might be is anyone's guess) besides the contract to IP ban SEA from the JP servers, since they were in a position to say 'no' to it at any time, yet agreed anyway.

Of course, I could be wrong on both of these, but I just don't have a positive outlook on the situation.

If that was true, Sega could IP ban any IP from every country outside Japan right now, but they never have (besides SEA). Even during the DDoS and when they had routing issues that affected many foreign players, I could play just fine without a VPN from California. I mean, of course they'd agree to a ban, they're getting contractual payments for the use of PSO2 by Asiasoft, they'd want the SEA server to succeed.

blkbox11
Jan 20, 2017, 04:51 AM
If that was true, Sega could IP ban any IP from every country outside Japan right now, but they never have (besides SEA). Even during the DDoS and when they had routing issues that affected many foreign players, I could play just fine without a VPN from California. I mean, of course they'd agree to a ban, they're getting contractual payments for the use of PSO2 by Asiasoft, they'd want the SEA server to succeed.

Actually, mainland China was the first region to be IP banned from the Japanese servers. That was long before SEA, back in 2013. I might be wrong, but I think they have not lifted the ban since, and China does not have its own version of PSO2 either.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?203843-IP-blocking-of-Chinese-(1-13)

Of course, in SEA's case, they could have done it solely for the reason you mentioned - at Asiasoft's request. I just believe it's best not to be too optimistic about it considering that there is another region that has been IP banned permanently. Seeing SEA's potential shutdown as a guarantee that players from the region will be allowed back in JP may be a little too much.

We can only see how this will play out in the coming months.

sol_trigger
Jan 20, 2017, 05:53 AM
lol get real man, japanese , or SEGA is fucking racist they ban foreiger IP because they like it, TW or SEA shutting down wont change anything to their racism shits.

example : Closers JP ban IP all around the world, fun thing they are shutting that game down because of the racism witch hunt which makes nobody cares a shit to play that game, my friend spoke ONE english sentence ingame accidently, then he got banned tomorrow morning LMFAO. SEGA = racism = IP block, TW server shutting down wont change a damn thing so either stop dreaming about IP block lift or keep using proxy

Sizustar
Jan 20, 2017, 06:16 AM
lol get real man, japanese , or SEGA is fucking racist they ban foreiger IP because they like it, TW or SEA shutting down wont change anything to their racism shits.

example : Closers JP ban IP all around the world, fun thing they are shutting that game down because of the racism witch hunt which makes nobody cares a shit to play that game, my friend spoke ONE english sentence ingame accidently, then he got banned tomorrow morning LMFAO. SEGA = racism = IP block, TW server shutting down wont change a damn thing so either stop dreaming about IP block lift or keep using proxy

Closer was ip ban, because that's what the parent company requested, and it wasn't popular, so another company bought the right to it from Sega.

And there have been no ip-ban for Taiwan version, so it shutting down, doesn't really change anything.

Actually, mainland China was the first region to be IP banned from the Japanese servers. That was long before SEA, back in 2013. I might be wrong, but I think they have not lifted the ban since, and China does not have its own version of PSO2 either.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?203843-IP-blocking-of-Chinese-(1-13)

Of course, in SEA's case, they could have done it solely for the reason you mentioned - at Asiasoft's request. I just believe it's best not to be too optimistic about it considering that there is another region that has been IP banned permanently. Seeing SEA's potential shutdown as a guarantee that players from the region will be allowed back in JP may be a little too much.

We can only see how this will play out in the coming months.

China ban, was, because PSO team found out that 99% of RMT are from china, prior to the IP ban, there was tens of thousand of acciybt banned for rule violation and RMT, after the IP ban, next month, there was only a few hundred banned in the next report.

SteveCZ
Jan 20, 2017, 06:18 AM
I think that PSO2 SEA IP blocked everyone outside SEA too... aren't they?

Sizustar
Jan 20, 2017, 06:19 AM
I think that PSO2 SEA IP blocked everyone outside SEA too... aren't they?

Yeah, you have to be in the SEA IP range to play it.

blkbox11
Jan 20, 2017, 10:38 AM
China ban, was, because PSO team found out that 99% of RMT are from china, prior to the IP ban, there was tens of thousand of acciybt banned for rule violation and RMT, after the IP ban, next month, there was only a few hundred banned in the next report.

I'm aware of that. Just thought that Zysets didn't know that China has in fact been IP banned as well, and not just SEA. China is just proof that they can and have banned an entire country for bad behavior before, no contracts attached.

What I'm basically trying to say is: at this point, we can't be sure if the IP block is just under Asiasoft's contract condition or not - there might be another reason. If/when we know for certain that SEA has shut down and SEA players are logging into JP without issues, then we can confirm that it was just Asiasoft being Asiasoft. But until then, best not to give others false hope (or worry), especially over something barely related like the Taiwan version shutting down. Sometimes these things aren't as clear cut as we'd like to think.

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 20, 2017, 01:53 PM
I'm curious how did people know that it was AS whose behind the IP block? Been playing SEA version since OB and I've been reading in their forums about questions concerning the IP block and the Moderators answer is to "ask Sega". Not only that what's the point of SEA having an IP block anyway? Wouldn't it better if there's no IP block in the 1st place meaning more players will be able to play which also means an increase in AC spenders specially when the population already decreased compared to the 1st few months of SEA? This has been proven back in 2015 when the IP block in SEA went bonkers and players outside SEA can now play which increased the numbers of players in a single day I think. In my opinion I think SoA is still considering on releasing PSO2 back then (iirc PAX 2012 demo) and so doesn't want its players to play in SEA server thus the reason behind the IP block.

Sizustar
Jan 20, 2017, 02:01 PM
I'm curious how did people know that it was AS whose behind the IP block? Been playing SEA version since OB and I've been reading in their forums about questions concerning the IP block and the Moderators answer is to "ask Sega". Not only that what's the point of SEA having an IP block anyway? Wouldn't it better if there's no IP block in the 1st place meaning more players will be able to play which also means an increase in AC spenders specially when the population already decreased compared to the 1st few months of SEA? This has been proven back in 2015 when the IP block in SEA went bonkers and players outside SEA can now play which increased the numbers of players in a single day I think. In my opinion I think SoA is still considering on releasing PSO2 back then (iirc PAX 2012 demo) and so doesn't want its players to play in SEA server thus the reason behind the IP block.

Because of Taiwan version having no ip ban, and PSO2 Jp having no ip ban, except China(RMT and Bot) and Sea(Asiasoft's past action)
And you're over estimating SOA's influence in Sega Sammy

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 20, 2017, 02:09 PM
Because of Taiwan version having no ip ban, and PSO2 Jp having no ip ban, except China(RMT and Bot) and Sea(Asiasoft's past action)
And you're over estimating SOA's influence in Sega Sammy
Well Sega does have plans on bringing it to the West so it's not surprising for them to include an IP block in their contract with SEA.

landman
Jan 21, 2017, 06:19 PM
I'm asking for help on this because, upon installing it myself, it refuses to launch, nor will the manual patches. The launcher itself just won't work for whatever reason. It's not turning me away because I'm not in Taiwan, it just flat out is not launching at all.

If anyone else can get it to work and patch completely, I'd greatly appreciate you uploading the whole client to mega.nz or somewhere else that can temporarily host it.

Not sure if I ever managed to launch this version, but I remember some launcher from the gamania website, log-in and launching the game (or another game) was managed from the website, but this was a few years ago so maybe they changed it.

Zysets
Jan 21, 2017, 07:47 PM
I'm aware of that. Just thought that Zysets didn't know that China has in fact been IP banned as well, and not just SEA. China is just proof that they can and have banned an entire country for bad behavior before, no contracts attached.

What I'm basically trying to say is: at this point, we can't be sure if the IP block is just under Asiasoft's contract condition or not - there might be another reason. If/when we know for certain that SEA has shut down and SEA players are logging into JP without issues, then we can confirm that it was just Asiasoft being Asiasoft. But until then, best not to give others false hope (or worry), especially over something barely related like the Taiwan version shutting down. Sometimes these things aren't as clear cut as we'd like to think.

I admit to not knowing about China. But I think in that case it's justified if China was a big RMT issue. I just don't think Sega would IP ban most western countries, considering the PSO2 team has acknowledged western players in the past. PSO2 is the only one of Sega's online Japanese games that doesn't have a total IP ban, which I personally believe is because of the PSO2 team.

To add, I don't think us foreigners deserve anything more than being able to play as long as we don't cause trouble, and I'm fine with the lack of support from the team. I feel like it's a fair deal for the situation the game is in here in then west.

blkbox11
Jan 22, 2017, 04:12 AM
I admit to not knowing about China. But I think in that case it's justified if China was a big RMT issue. I just don't think Sega would IP ban most western countries, considering the PSO2 team has acknowledged western players in the past. PSO2 is the only one of Sega's online Japanese games that doesn't have a total IP ban, which I personally believe is because of the PSO2 team.

Oh, the major western countries are more or less safe due to SEGA realizing that it's good business. I would say that they would still ban any country that behaved like China did, but as you've said - they've been looking in your direction for some time now. Like Taiwan, who have close ties with Japan as a neighbor, these countries may be exceptions.

There may not be as many western players as some love to think (saying that it's a gamechanger if all western players left, or that western players actually have rights in JP servers, for example, is too much), but they are loving the attention from you guys and it's easy to see that.

As a bonus, the Pound, Euro, Canadian Dollar, the USD, etc., are stronger compared to the yen. So, there are more people who can afford to buy AC and such.

To add, I don't think us foreigners deserve anything more than being able to play as long as we don't cause trouble, and I'm fine with the lack of support from the team. I feel like it's a fair deal for the situation the game is in here in then west.

That's what I believe as well. SEGA can do whatever they want and no one outside of Japan can question it, so it's better to leave that to them when or if ever they decide to do it instead of expecting things.

For me, whether that IP block is lifted or not, it would be good enough if the SEA version of the game just had proper closure, like Taiwan's. It's suffered long enough trying to milk the wallets of its target audience.

Tymek
May 3, 2017, 02:56 PM
Service for the Taiwan version of PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 (夢幻之星ONLINE2) has been terminated as of April 25th, 2017. The site now gives a 404 error.
Rest in peace space cowboy and whatnot.

Gaylar
May 3, 2017, 04:37 PM
Service for the Taiwan version of PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 (夢幻之星ONLINE2) has been terminated as of April 25th, 2017. The site now gives a 404 error.
Rest in peace space cowboy and whatnot.

http://puu.sh/vEFSd/82fa8b74b3.png
rip

Vatallus
May 3, 2017, 10:21 PM
http://puu.sh/vEFSd/82fa8b74b3.png
rip

Nice Space Cowboy there mate.

Tymek
May 4, 2017, 04:46 AM
So.... anyone got a fully patched taiwan client laying around?

I actually tried to download the Taiwan client, but you had to verify the Beanfun account you're using before you can download anything. You can verify it....by calling Beanfun.

LtZetarn
May 4, 2017, 12:00 PM
You still have a chance to download Thai/SEA version.

All you need is VPN from SEA zone to connect to their website.

And if you did download it , i highly recommended you to extracted an "AK-47" Assault Rifle camo as mod too (normal wooden and winter camo) , it's so unique to the SEA/TH and not even seen on japan server.

Altiea
Jul 19, 2017, 01:15 AM
Guess what, it's a necro! From what I'm hearing, it seems that the IP block in SEA was removed. Who woulda thunk?

exligh24
Jul 19, 2017, 01:19 AM
Guess what, it's a necro! From what I'm hearing, it seems that the IP block in SEA was removed. Who woulda thunk?

Can confirm I'm from SEA I can access the website and launcher.

Could this be a trap?

arokidaaron
Jul 19, 2017, 01:21 AM
Can confirm as well.

SteveCZ
Jul 19, 2017, 01:26 AM
Trap!?

arokidaaron
Jul 19, 2017, 01:37 AM
Hope not, while having a public proxy is nice and all, it's pretty much annoying when unexpected things happen to the datacenters housing the servers for the proxy.

SteveCZ
Jul 19, 2017, 02:20 AM
Server's up, so you wanna check it out (not sea so no idea).

arokidaaron
Jul 19, 2017, 02:28 AM
Tested it and all ship unkown, so probably just the site. RIP SEA people

SteveCZ
Jul 19, 2017, 03:02 AM
SoonTM

blkbox11
Jul 19, 2017, 03:10 AM
There's an announcement about the players' site renewal on the official site. That probably has something to do with it.

Most likely someone in the SEGA office just messed up with the website's settings.