PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Tank with Questions!

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 21, 2017, 07:49 PM
Hi folks!

I'm currently Endgame as a 75/75 Sword and (accessory) Board Hu/Te And I'm having too much helpin' out with buffs, heals, and aggro grabbing everything in UQ, though I only have 1.2k Health. I feel I definitely l need WAY more than that, hopefully breaking at least 2k -2.5k (If it's possible), but I don't know how.
Learning ever so slowly and frustratingly, I cannot seem to really affix/add abilities to things... extremely hard to understand, even with detailed guides.

Here are my Stats so far:
HP: 1201
PP: 122
S-Atk: 2027
S-Def: 1788
R-Def: 1499
T-Def: 1475

Mag:
S-Def: 100
R-Def: 50
T-Def: 50

My gear that I Rock (And did not Affix at all):
- *12 Chainsawd +10 = Vampiric Blade lv. 3, Stamina IV, Mutation I, Lucky Rise I, Freeze IV
- *11 Fahren Pulse +10 - Ex.10 (Tech) = Stamina III , Power III , Blow Resist II
- *11 Fahren Fahren +10 - Ex. 10 (Tech) = Stamina I , Power III , Shot Resist III , Blow Resist I
- *11 Fahren Paris +10 - Ex. 10 (Tech) = Stamina III , Power III , Blow Resist II

So My question is, since affixing is maybe how folks beef up. . . What would abilities do I have to strive for in each of my gear to net me the highest HP, some decent S-Attk, and Some Def or PP?

nguuuquaaa
Jan 21, 2017, 08:07 PM
I'm gonna be a prophet and predict: this thread will soon be flood with "Tank is unnecessary/trash" and/or "HU/TE is trash" posts.

I'll start first.
TE/HU will tank better than you do while having better support AND damage. No amount of gears can fix the problem with trashy class combination of choice in the first place.

Kondibon
Jan 21, 2017, 08:08 PM
I have so many questions... But I guess I'll start with, why Hu/Te and not Te/Hu or Hu/Su? Even assuming going that ham with being tanky was worth it, both of those outshine Hu/Te in tankyness.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the most important question.

http://i.imgur.com/YgJZF6F.gif

Like I really need to know what your intention is because you've gone WELL beyond the point of diminishing returns for being tanky.

EDIT: To put it another way I can't help you if I don't know what you're trying to accomplish.

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 21, 2017, 08:20 PM
I alternate. With this *12 Chainsawd, I have to go Hu/Te. Otherwise I'd go *10 Elder Pain with Te/Hu When I get it to max and have it with Techer class added.

I like tanking here because keeping bosses under control and facing me is what I like to do, so everyone else can beat it down while i'm supporting as well. Less folks get hurt, and more damage on the boss!

Also, I said my question in the beginning. What abilities and/or how do I grab them for my current armor sets that would net me high HP, S-Attk, and maybe Def or PP?

starwind75043
Jan 21, 2017, 08:29 PM
Actually new tank meta....is HU/SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGE71ZMzWF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJEo_T22Yhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkco3AcxEEc

I guess have crafted a sacrifice bit that should help you with attack if you dont have that yet.

中国人
Jan 21, 2017, 08:31 PM
hai 40915

jooozek
Jan 21, 2017, 08:34 PM
hai 40915

shits broken, upload to something external

Xaeris
Jan 21, 2017, 08:35 PM
Here are some affixes you can consider for what you want to do.

Soul: Deadleon Soul gives +35 S-Atk and 30 HP. Alternatively, Double Soul gives 40 HP and 3 PP.

XQ Ability: Alter Arma gives +20 S-Atk and 30 HP.

Boost: Noble Stamina gives +50 HP and +3 PP.

Other affixes to consider: Stamina III or IV(duh), Power III or IV, Lovey Fever, and Mutation II.

A relatively simple and cheap combination of the above would be Double Soul/Power IV/Stamina IV/Mutation II.

All that said, I don't really recommend this, but I'm not gonna micromanage your game.

Kondibon
Jan 21, 2017, 08:38 PM
I alternate. With this *12 Chainsawd, I have to go Hu/Te. Otherwise I'd go *10 Elder Pain with Te/Hu When I get around to crafting it to max and have it with Techer class added....Te/Hu uses wands. Why do you even need a chainsawd or elder pain when you have megiverse? If you're that intent on using a sword do Hu/Su. Te gives you nothing of value as a sub.

I like tanking here because keeping bosses under control and facing me is what I like to do, so everyone else can beat it down while i'm supporting as well. Less folks get hurt, and more damage on the boss!My point is that you don't need to go that deep into tanky gear for that, you have a guard, and if you go Te or sub Su you have megiverse and resta. The only time going that heavy into it makes a difference is wipe mechanics, but by that point you're giving up so much damage against bosses that don't even have agro mechanics that it doesn't matter, for anything else you'd be fine running a normal damage build with hp affixes, if even that.

Also, I said my question in the beginning. What abilities and/or how do I grab them for my current armor sets that would net me high HP, S-Attk, and maybe Def or PP?I'm not asking what your question is, I'm asking why you want to go tanky. I can survive literally anything that isn't a wipe mechanic simply by changing my units and using the Guts Drink. If you're tryign to see how absolutely tanky you can possibly be for shits and giggles, that's fine. I can help with that, but if you think this is actually going to be useful for anything other than gimmick videos, spoiler, it's not.

These are my hp units.
https://puu.sh/tv4Fr/9f95f41269.jpg
https://puu.sh/tv4Gf/6693c93069.jpg
http://puu.sh/tv4Hr/98d593dd8b.jpg

The arm unit doesn't matter, i just crafted it for more hp. The back and leg units give 150hp each, not including affixes. This set gets me to 1352 hp as a Te/Hu without anything like hp ups. I go up to 2066 with the guts drink and deband toughness. This alone is overkill for anything that isn't a wipe mechanic.

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 21, 2017, 09:14 PM
Actually new tank meta....is HU/SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGE71ZMzWF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJEo_T22Yhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkco3AcxEEc

I guess have crafted a sacrifice bit that should help you with attack if you dont have that yet.

I have Sacrifice Bite crafted thankfully! But That very first video is basically what I do, but I don't have that amount of HP! I'm more than glad to hear that it IS possible! But geez, these vids are hyped! And thankfully Summoner is the last class I have to 75. Thanks for showing that it's possible! <3

Here are some affixes you can consider for what you want to do.

Soul: Deadleon Soul gives +35 S-Atk and 30 HP. Alternatively, Double Soul gives 40 HP and 3 PP.

XQ Ability: Alter Arma gives +20 S-Atk and 30 HP.

Boost: Noble Stamina gives +50 HP and +3 PP.

Other affixes to consider: Stamina III or IV(duh), Power III or IV, Lovey Fever, and Mutation II.

A relatively simple and cheap combination of the above would be Double Soul/Power IV/Stamina IV/Mutation II.

All that said, I don't really recommend this, but I'm not gonna micromanage your game.

Thank you so much! Though how does one actually obtain and merge souls, is it the same as regularly adding? Cause Ikept hearing about modulators and.. virdiculum or something of that.
Also do the Boosts and XQ abilities fall under the same category?

...Te/Hu uses wands. Why do you even need a chainsawd or elder pain when you have megiverse? If you're that intent on using a sword do Hu/Su. Te gives you nothing of value as a sub.
My point is that you don't need to go that deep into tanky gear for that, you have a guard, and if you go Te or sub Su you have megiverse and resta. The only time going that heavy into it makes a difference is wipe mechanics, but by that point you're giving up so much damage against bosses that don't even have agro mechanics that it doesn't matter, for anything else you'd be fine running a normal damage build with hp affixes, if even that.

I'm not asking what your question is, I'm asking why you want to go tanky. I can survive literally anything that isn't a wipe mechanic simply by changing my units and using the Guts Drink. If you're tryign to see how absolutely tanky you can possibly be for shits and giggles, that's fine. I can help with that, but if you think this is actually going to be useful for anything other than gimmick videos, spoiler, it's not.

These are my hp units.
https://puu.sh/tv4Fr/9f95f41269.jpg
https://puu.sh/tv4Gf/6693c93069.jpg
http://puu.sh/tv4Hr/98d593dd8b.jpg

The arm unit doesn't matter, i just crafted it for more hp. The back and leg units give 150hp each, not including affixes. This set gets me to 1352 hp as a Te/Hu without anything like hp ups. I go up to 2066 with the guts drink and deband toughness. This alone is overkill for anything that isn't a wipe mechanic.

Well, I mean. All I can say is, "I love doin' it, dude." Not much else to explain. I'm havin' fun with it, it's useful, everyone else has crazy amounts of damage, I'm just makin' sure no one falls and passively healing with my Heal share ring and Chainsawd or Elder Pain. Wands are meh to me, i still use 'em, but only for the darker bosses in EQs for damage and such. But my tanking stuff still applies.

KazeSenoue
Jan 21, 2017, 09:15 PM
I alternate. With this *12 Chainsawd, I have to go Hu/Te. Otherwise I'd go *10 Elder Pain with Te/Hu When I get it to max and have it with Techer class added.

I like tanking here because keeping bosses under control and facing me is what I like to do, so everyone else can beat it down while i'm supporting as well. Less folks get hurt, and more damage on the boss!

Also, I said my question in the beginning. What abilities and/or how do I grab them for my current armor sets that would net me high HP, S-Attk, and maybe Def or PP?

Wrong game.

Well, I mean. All I can say is, "I love doin' it, dude." Not much else to explain. I'm havin' fun with it, it's useful, everyone else has crazy amounts of damage, I'm just makin' sure no one falls and passively healing with my Heal share ring and Chainsawd or Elder Pain. Wands are meh to me, i still use 'em, but only for the darker bosses in EQs for damage and such. But my tanking stuff still applies.

It's not.

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 21, 2017, 09:17 PM
Wrong game.

Well this is a Massive Multiplayer Online Action Role Playing Game, And I chose to be a tank (with DPS Side characters). I'm in the right game here!

KazeSenoue
Jan 21, 2017, 09:17 PM
Well this is a Massive Multiplayer Online Action Role Playing Game, And I chose to be a tank (with DPS Side characters). I'm in the right game here!

No, you chose to be a dead weight.

Kondibon
Jan 21, 2017, 09:23 PM
Well this is a Massive Multiplayer Online Action Role Playing Game, And I chose to be a tank (with DPS Side characters). I'm in the right game here!You aren't tanking anything. I'm too tired to pull punches anymore. You literally aren't doing anything someone else can't do better with a normal build, while still playing the way you want to.

I see this all the time in so many different games. Some one comes along saying "I made this build to play the way I want, help me make it better" then you get people responding "Actually if you change your build you can play how you want and actually be useful too", and then the person responds back "Yeah, but I like playing this way". It just drives me crazy.

jooozek
Jan 21, 2017, 09:28 PM
"tanks" in this game have no real tools, maybe if you actually were able to keep aggro of a boss and maintain it's anus to others then you'd be useful for at least fighter mains/subs to keep up that wise stance bonus

Kondibon
Jan 21, 2017, 09:39 PM
"tanks" in this game have no real tools, maybe if you actually were able to keep aggro of a boss and maintain it's anus to others then you'd be useful for at least fighter mains/subs to keep up that wise stance bonusThe worst part is that some stuff you can't even aggro because it just throws attacks all over. Like, how are you supposed to tank PD? >_>

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 21, 2017, 09:40 PM
Well someone did put up the notion of Hunter/summoner and actually has shown it here, so i'm definitely gonna hit that up! Well I'm 75 across all the other classes as well. So I'm tanking Hu with the other classes as well with their utilities and damage increasing capabilities, so i'm not "dead weight", thankfully. I just want to main Hu/Te. And thank you starwind75043 and Xaeris for understanding and responding to what I needed to see!

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 21, 2017, 09:47 PM
The worst part is that some stuff you can't even aggro because it just throws attacks all over. Like, how are you supposed to tank PD? >_>

I may not be able to take damage for others, but I can definitely restore 'em back while they are knocked down or hit with just simple swings of a sword, or a quick cast of a Resta. Boom, "Get back in there~!"

No, you chose to be a dead weight.

Well, If everyone or just a mass dies, and none else is paying attention, i'd be there, alive and able to rez! Whoo for not dead weight~!

You aren't tanking anything. I'm too tired to pull punches anymore. You literally aren't doing anything someone else can't do better with a normal build, while still playing the way you want to.

I'm doing what someone could be doing if hopefully they aren't dead or are actually paying attention to everyone elses statuses to keep them up and goin'. Besides, being all DPS is boring to me. I'm more than glad to switch it up.

I see this all the time in so many different games. Some one comes along saying "I made this build to play the way I want, help me make it better" then you get people responding "Actually if you change your build you can play how you want and actually be useful too", and then the person responds back "Yeah, but I like playing this way". It just drives me crazy.

I bet it does. But really, why even change and burst their bubble. Cause they are given the option to do as they want, and do as they please that doesn't appease to YOURS or the COMMON style? I'm just trying to understand what am I hurtin' here? Absolutely nothin'. (Almost Literally, Hah~!)

"tanks" in this game have no real tools, maybe if you actually were able to keep aggro of a boss and maintain it's anus to others then you'd be useful for at least fighter mains/subs to keep up that wise stance bonus

I mean, When I go Hu/Gu it's hard for folks to get aggro from me in UQ against the big bosses due to WarCry, Showtime, and Guld Mila. Hella Fun too!

KazeSenoue
Jan 21, 2017, 09:52 PM
Well someone did put up the notion of Hunter/summoner and actually has shown it here, so i'm definitely gonna hit that up! Well I'm 75 across all the other classes as well. So I'm tanking Hu with the other classes as well with their utilities and damage increasing capabilities, so i'm not "dead weight", thankfully. I just want to main Hu/Te. And thank you starwind75043 and Xaeris for understanding and responding to what I needed to see!

You are. You just don't know it because you're getting carried.

Kondibon
Jan 21, 2017, 09:58 PM
I may not be able to take damage for others, but I can definitely restore 'em back while they are knocked down or hit with just simple swings of a sword, or a quick cast of a Resta. Boom, "Get back in there~!"You don't need to be a tank to do that.

Well, If everyone or just a mass dies, and none else is paying attention, i'd be there, alive and able to rez! Whoo for not dead weight~!You don't need to be a tank to do that.

I'm just trying to understand what am I hurtin' here?You're being inconsiderate to other people who want to complete content for no reason other than your own selfish obsession with playing your way.

starwind75043
Jan 21, 2017, 10:04 PM

Is it a MMO yes. Is it a Trinty based(Tank,DPS, Healer) MMO no. Plus aggro mechanics are not great. Having aggro for 1 min then have a fo on the other side of your map destroy that just like that.

Kondibon
Jan 21, 2017, 10:13 PM
You know what. I shouldn't jump to conclusions. What's your actual skill tree look like? We haven't actually talked about skills, and other than your class choices and mag you aren't doing any thing crazy.

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 21, 2017, 10:36 PM
Well I guess be prepared to be disappointed or somethin', here ya' go! My summoner is not 75 as of yet though, but that's wha tI plan

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIob xIo0jdodBdBIbi2dnHXIN6JksNIsIb000000jdodAI2bnIneAf Jk2XHnjqB00000fdobnIbIdjGOJiqKJkdndA00000fdold2NGX qFGAHXfdAIs00009obsiN2NGB2XnxIndrfdrdAI2000007oIni 2sOGAqsIosNIX4N4NdnqF000006dodB4NfdFrFrFiNGFGKdBIs 00000fdoIb4NfqBrFbndoI2GKGKrAIo00000iodsqK4Sf4S4Nr AHXGAIN0000j

And how is my way of playing being selfish, when literally, i'm caring for others entirely.

Sizustar
Jan 21, 2017, 10:44 PM
Well I guess be prepared to be disappointed or somethin', here ya' go! My summoner is not 75 as of yet though, but that's wha tI plan

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIob xIo0jdodBdBIbi2dnHXIN6JksNIsIb000000jdodAI2bnIneAf Jk2XHnjqB00000fdobnIbIdjGOJiqKJkdndA00000fdold2NGX qFGAHXfdAIs00009obsiN2NGB2XnxIndrfdrdAI2000007oIni 2sOGAqsIosNIX4N4NdnqF000006dodB4NfdFrFrFiNGFGKdBIs 00000fdoIb4NfqBrFbndoI2GKGKrAIo00000iodsqK4Sf4S4Nr AHXGAIN0000j

And how is my way of playing being selfish, when literally, i'm caring for others entirely.

1. The aggro is based on damage dealt, the enemy will go after Player that deals the most damage, so you not having the ability to deal damage is not helpful.

2. This is a action RPG, so dodge, and attacking with the most number is more useful then just sitting there, doing nothing, in that you are pretty much the same as people that goes into a MPA with lucky gear, and just dance.

3. For full support, you'll want to main a Techer, as the biggest buff and other support skill, require a Techer main.

And why did you put random point into wind, light and dark mastery, and you didn't get Deband Cut

Basicly, you're better of soloing, and is a drag in any MPA.

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 21, 2017, 10:51 PM
Overall, I do appreciate you all's input on it all. But my questions were answered, I'm sticking with to what I enjoy, feel, and see that I'm helping out in MPAs regardless of damage.
You all take care now and good luck in your drops!

jooozek
Jan 21, 2017, 10:52 PM

this game is all about dps
1. multishipping EQs
2. precious triboosts being wasted

Kondibon
Jan 21, 2017, 10:53 PM
See, this is why I should have asked earlier... you trees are actually fine. :wacko: Only difference I'd make is dropping Iron will and never give up for Automate and Massive hunter, simply because they're more reliable, and if you're meant to be tanky you shouldn't be risking it on a 25% chance to not die. It's better to just not get low hp in the first place.
And on the Su tree, I'd get Point assist and support fire, since they aren't main class only now. Quick recovery is actually kinda bad since you have anti if you ever REALLY need to remove a SE, and most of the time you would want a Te to be the one getting rid of it. Making them shorter gives the Te less time to do so. I assume your Te tree is meant as a sub so I'm not gonna comment on that.

Unrelated, on your Ra tree, grab tactics trap instead of killing bonus. I don't know if you knew, but it triggers from grenades, making it a lot more reliable, especially in fights where things aren't dying next to you constantly.

And how is my way of playing being selfish, when literally, i'm caring for others entirely.Well that part is why I said I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I'm used to people asking for help with tanking being the people who run full guard stance no damage builds, but your builds are mostly fine, and it seems like your class combo choices would be more of the problem, which you've already said you're willing to try new things for.

Sizustar
Jan 21, 2017, 10:58 PM
Overall, I do appreciate you all's input on it all. But my questions were answered, I'm sticking with to what I enjoy, feel, and see that I'm helping out in MPAs regardless of damage.
You all take care now and good luck in your drops!

What's your ingame ID?
And why ask for advice, if you aren't willing to accept it?

Kondibon
Jan 21, 2017, 11:01 PM
And why ask for advice, if you aren't willing to accept it?To be fair, they were specifically asking for advice on how to get more hp via affixes and nothing else.

final_attack
Jan 21, 2017, 11:53 PM
- quote from 1st post inside spoiler box -
[SPOILER-BOX]
Hi folks!

I'm currently Endgame as a 75/75 Sword and (accessory) Board Hu/Te And I'm having too much helpin' out with buffs, heals, and aggro grabbing everything in UQ, though I only have 1.2k Health. I feel I definitely l need WAY more than that, hopefully breaking at least 2k -2.5k (If it's possible), but I don't know how.
Learning ever so slowly and frustratingly, I cannot seem to really affix/add abilities to things... extremely hard to understand, even with detailed guides.

Here are my Stats so far:
HP: 1201
PP: 122
S-Atk: 2027
S-Def: 1788
R-Def: 1499
T-Def: 1475

Mag:
S-Def: 100
R-Def: 50
T-Def: 50

My gear that I Rock (And did not Affix at all):
- *12 Chainsawd +10 = Vampiric Blade lv. 3, Stamina IV, Mutation I, Lucky Rise I, Freeze IV
- *11 Fahren Pulse +10 - Ex.10 (Tech) = Stamina III , Power III , Blow Resist II
- *11 Fahren Fahren +10 - Ex. 10 (Tech) = Stamina I , Power III , Shot Resist III , Blow Resist I
- *11 Fahren Paris +10 - Ex. 10 (Tech) = Stamina III , Power III , Blow Resist II

So My question is, since affixing is maybe how folks beef up. . . What would abilities do I have to strive for in each of my gear to net me the highest HP, some decent S-Attk, and Some Def or PP?[/SPOILER-BOX]

As far as NabUQ and LilipaUQ goes ...... you can generally get away without Chainsaw now. While it's still limited to 1 type of damage (S-Damage based in this case), you can also get away with 1200-ish HP. Even with 200 S-Atk Mag. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7neN9Afgsk)

If you can get "kinda-safety-purpose" Sword (SeigaSword, I'd say get it). It'll increase your damage (the difference with Chainsaw seems to be quite a lot) so you can get aggro better.

Also, by any chance ..... did you craft your unit to ....... 30 HP / 3 PP / elemetal resist one, instead of +100 HP one? :o Since it's said "Tech" .....

nguuuquaaa
Jan 22, 2017, 12:20 AM
Please no pulling aggro, my Marons need to eat damage.
Please no half-assed support, I'm a true support with maxed Wind Mastery, Deband Toughness AND Deband Cut over here. And even as support I still have good damage, either as TE/HU or TE/SU.
Please get a 13*, I don't want to spent 20 minutes doing Mother while it can be done in 7 minutes or less.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 22, 2017, 12:27 AM
wow, this thread is so wicked. But playstile could you a little fine-tunning, yes.

As for the affixes, there is the full list http://pso2affix.seilent.net/
Most HP you can get by instering Stamina serires, Double Soul, some fevers. Also s-atk crafting for units. Not sure if its doable to make a 2k HP tho, but settign Te is main will help a lot, since you gonna be able to buff yourself. I have about 2k while under proper deband, and I'm a tough cookie.

echofaith
Jan 22, 2017, 12:59 AM
Just want to point that for souls, some of them give 45 hp like Gunne Soul. Also, if you plan to go husu, dont bother with guard stance. Not only is overkill, is not even a big difference from not having it. Real tanking from hunter is automate and flash guards, which dont need you to activate guard at all.

TyroneSama
Jan 22, 2017, 01:15 AM
A properly specced hunter can survive virtually every attack in the entire game without compromising on damage output. It's stronger at holding aggro, and syncs better with maximized support specs. If you ever feel like contributing to your groups, you should try it sometime -- it's actually pretty fun.

Kondibon
Jan 22, 2017, 01:17 AM
Just want to point that for souls, some of them give 45 hp like Gunne Soul. Also, if you plan to go husu, dont bother with guard stance. Not only is overkill, is not even a big difference from not having it. Real tanking from hunter is automate and flash guards, which dont need you to activate guard at all.

A properly specced hunter can survive virtually every attack in the entire game without compromising on damage output. It's stronger at holding aggro, and syncs better with maximized support specs. If you ever feel like contributing to your groups, you should try it sometime -- it's actually pretty fun.

They didn't even touch guard stance guys. The only seriously questionable skill tree was the Te one.

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 22, 2017, 01:40 AM
Hold up, I'm back.

Are transferring souls and boosts through affixing the same way as transferring abilities or do I have to do something special?

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 22, 2017, 02:02 AM
Starwind75043, basically summed up PSO2 for OP, when he said:

Is it a MMO yes. Is it a Trinty based(Tank,DPS, Healer) MMO no.

I think OP is misunderstanding that PSO2 is NOT your traditional MMO (in fact, it's not even really an MMO). OP needs to understand that in this game, the ONLY thing that matters is DPS; meaning, the name of the game is to become so powerful that everything gets obliterated within seconds.

TehCubey
Jan 22, 2017, 02:32 AM
Good support is very helpful so I wouldn't say that only DPS matters. An EQ with randoms goes much smoother if there's a well built Te buffing and healing everybody.

But tanks don't exist in this game. Building a tank is useless. Almost every boss has a lot of area attacks, but also everyone has means of parrying/dodging or other evasion to neutralize enemy attacks, so you don't need a beefy tank taking the blows for you, you need to get better at not getting hit yourself.

Some HP and defensive skills like Automate or Iron Will can help, because it forms a safety net that allows you to eat a hit when you didn't manage to evade it in time (as opposed to running around with 500 HP and dying from any single hit from anything). But overall, damage is a priority. The real way to tank in this game? Do most damage so the boss is focused on you and not everyone else (not that it helps a lot because aoe), and know the boss's attack pattern and have reaction times good enough so you can guard in time and not suffer damage.

oratank
Jan 22, 2017, 02:43 AM
you can keep aggro from some boss that have continuous attack with warcry 3 and ignite parry.warcy 10 is a wasted.maybe it can useful for some situation like pull angra out of center from stupid mpa. don't see other where else to use

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 22, 2017, 02:49 AM
Good support is indirectly DPS support: buffs, WB, Zanverse, etc. Therefore what matters in the end is DPS. Healing is nice but not necessary.

sparab
Jan 22, 2017, 02:52 AM
War cry is only useful in TD where enemies spawn with high hate towards quest objects.

Other than that, any decent player should be able draw hate from Hu in 5 seconds.

Good support is indirectly DPS support: buffs, WB, Zanverse, etc. Therefore what matters in the end is DPS. Healing is nice but not necessary.

No, please just heal unless you are built for zanverus and know when/where to WB.

Keilyn
Jan 22, 2017, 04:16 AM
I am sorry to say this but..

PSO-2 follows dungeon-crawler + Beat 'Em Up game mentality.

Death is extremely easy to recover from in PSO-2, In fact... Death is but a minor setback as Moon Atomizers are plenty among party members. Also, the idea of tanking is to mitigate damage meant for other players, or redirect damage to yourself. This works heavenly when the enemies are powerful enough to be a threat to the player characters. Unfortunately, this game isn't like that.

Ever played tank in a game and then found a few months later, equipment updates in a game on all level tiers? Next thing you know you run a dungeon or instance and find that its being destroyed without the use of a tank? Tanks work well when the Tank is At-Level and all other characters are same level or lower than the tank. In most casual MMORPGs, once melee type is 2 - 5 levels higher than the Instance's entrance requirement... with proper gear, he or she can solo the dungeon.

If you have had a tanking background in other games...
Let me be the first to thank you for your service to the world of MMOs.
I tend to play the role of healer....

Nothing is harder in most games than the relationship between tank and healers to keep everyone alive, and all those times the two have to pass the baton and trade leadership a lot. It really is a Commander/Sub-Commander relationship and for people who haven't played MMORPGs and lived to truly see a GOOD Tank + Healer at the endgame give it their all.... these players have truly missed out on the very best of the best. Not to say that DPS isn't very important, but Tanking + Healing is considered to be "Grunt-Work" with heavier responsibilities and implications, which is why a lot of players go the DPS route.

PSO-2 is about every player being the DPS along with the support of a Healer for buffs and heals and a ranger for weak bullet to win the toughest 12-man battles with ease and speed.

Don't feel bad.
Remember.....
Tanks and Healers aren't needed if the equipment is so extremely powerful at endgame that a full DPS party can just wipe out any foe. That isn't our fault as its as question of game balance.

PSO-2 has its XQ difficulty balanced around a grinded 12* weapon.
However, we have 14* weapons and 12* Units now....

Its like me telling you that your iLvL difficulty of beating XQ is 100, and rather than have a party of players who hover between 90 and 100, you are going to come in as a tank with iLvL 200 - 300 gear, along with every other good player having iLvL 200 - 300 as well, along with other benefits. This is going to displace a tank completely quite simply because the scale and quality of equipment far exceeds the content of difficulty and there is no enemy or obstacle that can repel a party with such high magnitude of power!

PSO-2 Suffers from having good party-based missions for four players that could balance anything out. In fact, just having a second player with you outside of EQs destroys almost any shred of difficulty from the game itself.

Once again..
Not your fault.

You are trying to do a good thing, but when my heals are cheap and heal just about everyone a mile away.
Tanks get displaced very fast in this game. :(

Truthfully and truly...
If your heart truly is into tanking and you care that much about others...
Then you deserve playing a game where you can fit that role.

You will be treated a lot better.
You will be in demand
and you won't be ridiculed (unless you prove to be a bad tank)
and many players (including myself) will be in your debt.

Moffen
Jan 22, 2017, 04:37 AM
Honestly,youre an odd one. But with 4 man EQ boss rush coming up,you might be needed.

Te/Hu is your friend though.
You're best off playing that,you'll have access to support techs and much higher health,you'll be able to demolish mobs and use zanverse support in boss MPAs.
For bossing you could always take in an all class sword and just spam zanverse from the sub palette,so you dont lose out there.

blkbox11
Jan 22, 2017, 04:38 AM
Just curious: how long did it take for you to get to 75/75?

isCasted
Jan 22, 2017, 04:46 AM
The purpose of tanks is to hold aggro. In this game, aggro is held by those who deal damage (even if there are skills like War Cry and Showtime, you still need to deal damage). "Real" tanks can't deal damage, so it should be obvious that they can't contribute anything. In this game aggro can be held by anything that can dodge well, and all melee classes have access to large variety of evasive and parrying moves.

If you want tankish gameplay and actually be useful, roll Massive Hunter + Automate Hu/Fi build. Massive Hunter makes you almost uninterruptible, Automate instantly heals you when you take too much damage. Any other kind of tank is worthless.

Keilyn
Jan 22, 2017, 07:14 AM
The purpose of tanks is to hold aggro. In this game, aggro is held by those who deal damage (even if there are skills like War Cry and Showtime, you still need to deal damage). "Real" tanks can't deal damage, so it should be obvious that they can't contribute anything. In this game aggro can be held by anything that can dodge well, and all melee classes have access to large variety of evasive and parrying moves.

If you want tankish gameplay and actually be useful, roll Massive Hunter + Automate Hu/Fi build. Massive Hunter makes you almost uninterruptible, Automate instantly heals you when you take too much damage. Any other kind of tank is worthless.

Not to mention that all classes have some form of Invincibility Frames in either Evasion or in their PAs.

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 22, 2017, 07:35 AM
I'm just sayin' I do know that this game is all about DPS, been playing since '12.
And it really bored me, just have similar builds like everyone else and get the highest weapon for said class combo. Bump that~!
Got DPS characters and all, I just love my tank more than all of them. I just got back into the game after bringing a good group of newbies into the game and I wanted to re-up my tank.

I've already been ridiculed and shunned for my choices, but as I always tell 'em, "I could care less, It's an MMOARPG! I'm totally going all in on my guard stance, nothing you can do to stop me! Muahaha! *Finishes UQ and MPAs no problem and fairly quickly thanks to situational support tanking*."
Got decent damage, Jellen shots, Weak bullets, utility in other classes, all while tankin'.

So why be mean about it?

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 22, 2017, 07:37 AM
Well, I was around back then so... I'm not sure. The level caps bumped up twice and I usually reach them within the week or 2

SteveCZ
Jan 22, 2017, 07:41 AM
So why be mean about it?

pso-world.com in a nutsh-... nevermind.

nguuuquaaa
Jan 22, 2017, 09:02 AM
Like I said in the 2nd post of this thread, TE/HU has better everything: support, damage, tanking. HU/SU is the best tank with ridiculously high def stats and HP, and okay-ish damage. TE/SU can tank somewhat.

I'll say this but as long as you don't bring HU/TE or anything non-DPS/non-support into the MPA I am fine and everyone's fine. But you brought it instead. That's why everyone's freaking out and criticize your "tank" or whatever.

I have several weird stuff and niche builds myself, like RA/FO, FI/BR, fully grinded and affixed life-steal DS, gunslash collection, which I occasionally use for the lulz, but of course I never bring them into MPA.

FireswordRus
Jan 22, 2017, 09:08 AM
realy enough ~1500 HP+automate For Hu
[spoiler-box]https://puu.sh/tvLos.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Add all resist III to weapon and units
Replace my noble stamina with elegant power, stamina III with power III
build somthing like that:
http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIob xIodS0fdOdBIoI2i2dB4NISGAjJkrAIsbo000000jdoInfJfkb nfGKfHn2NI2qn00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000 ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

Arada
Jan 22, 2017, 09:10 AM
TE/SU can tank somewhat.

Somewhat...yeah :D (with a wand equipped, though)
[spoiler-box]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/946516TESUStats.jpg[/spoiler-box]

ZerotakerZX
Jan 22, 2017, 09:50 AM
realy enough ~1500 HP+automate For Hu
[spoiler-box]https://puu.sh/tvLos.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Add all resist III to weapon and units
Replace my noble stamina with elegant power, stamina III with power III
build somthing like that:
http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIob xIodS0fdOdBIoI2i2dB4NISGAjJkrAIsbo000000jdoInfJfkb nfGKfHn2NI2qn00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000 ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

good thing nobody cares about backstabin bastards. Put info about your assholeness in you sig instead, than this silly garbage.

nguuuquaaa
Jan 22, 2017, 10:04 AM
Somewhat...yeah :D (with a wand equipped, though)
[spoiler-box]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/946516TESUStats.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Yeah, only somewhat, since most people play TE/SU for Marons pets and not many puts HP on their T-Atk set. Using HP set + wands is okay, but it's gimping yourself.

I max all HP up + Def up on SU so I can switch to tankish TE/SU anytime though :wacko:

Arada
Jan 22, 2017, 10:15 AM
Yeah, only somewhat, since most people play TE/SU for Marons pets and not many puts HP on their T-Atk set. Using HP set + wands is okay, but it's gimping yourself.

I max all HP up + Def up on SU so I can switch to tankish TE/SU anytime though :wacko:

i'm not yet a good TE/SU but with this setup, Wand smacking is pretty good (because out of the roof stats) then I can switch to Marons and pets in general for bosses. It works but i have to get used to pets. :)
Maron Shield is a great tool for bossing and tanking, by the way.

TE/SU and TE/HU totally belong in the tank builds.

OP is talking about something that looks more like a support tank and he should definately switch to TE/something whether it's TE/SU or TE/HU. Both combos are quite good at dealing damage (especially in MPAs with Zanverse), supporting and can basically never die. These are exactly the scenarios he's trying to defend so I think they fit.

The problem with TE as a subclass is that it doesn't provide much support for a main class that's not FO and this is why it's generally a bad subclass, you get mostly nothing out of it.

isCasted
Jan 22, 2017, 10:30 AM
I'm just sayin' I do know that this game is all about DPS, been playing since '12.
And it really bored me, just have similar builds like everyone else and get the highest weapon for said class combo.

*Finishes UQ and MPAs no problem and fairly quickly thanks to situational support tanking*."

Solo? No, really, these "builds like everyone else" can clear UQs solo in right hands. Can you? If you wanted something different, why not try a kind of different that doesn't affect others negatively?

Zysets
Jan 22, 2017, 01:43 PM
I have no problem if you play how you want, but I'm going to avoid playing serious content with you, not trying to be rude, just if I have a goal in mind like making the most efficient use of my boosts for drops or CF, I don't want to play in a group with people who actively slow everyone down. I play some questionable builds for fun too, but only when I do regular quests, I'm not going to burden others, and myself.

KabutechRX
Jan 22, 2017, 02:14 PM
And it really bored me, just have similar builds like everyone else and get the highest weapon for said class combo. Bump that~!
Got DPS characters and all, I just love my tank more than all of them. I just got back into the game after bringing a good group of newbies into the game and I wanted to re-up my tank.

I've already been ridiculed and shunned for my choices, but as I always tell 'em, "I could care less, It's an MMOARPG! I'm totally going all in on my guard stance, nothing you can do to stop me! Muahaha! *Finishes UQ and MPAs no problem and fairly quickly thanks to situational support tanking*."
Got decent damage, Jellen shots, Weak bullets, utility in other classes, all while tankin'.

So why be mean about it?
I know that feel bro. I've been dabbling in T-atk Bow Br/Bo for about a year now. People always say it's a bad build, but my results tell a different story. Weak Stance and Break Stance are a very potent combination in raid boss EQs. Just a few hours ago I carried hard in the Mother EQ with sick Orbit Bow Banish+Ragrants combos on arms and Break Stance boosted Zanverse, contributing over a quarter of the MPA's total damage. Players nowadays are too closed-minded and only want to copy japanese e-celebs. You do you, don't let these meta slaves keep you down fam.

milranduil
Jan 22, 2017, 02:59 PM
anyone can press zanverse and look good with it. try separating zanverse and see how much "damage" you do

Z-0
Jan 22, 2017, 03:13 PM
Casting Zanverse when nobody else is is still contributing and I'd still consider it "your damage/contributions". To claim someone isn't any good because most of their contributions are Zanverse is quite asinine.

Also just my 2 cents, but if the OP wants to play his tank build with whatever setup he has now, why not let him? While there might be more efficient combos (which I would most certainly recommend trying out), it's really up to him how he wants to play PSO2. It is just a video game, after all.

sparab
Jan 22, 2017, 03:40 PM
Also just my 2 cents, but if the OP wants to play his tank build with whatever setup he has now, why not let him? While there might be more efficient combos (which I would most certainly recommend trying out), it's really up to him how he wants to play PSO2. It is just a video game, after all.

Just FYI, there are blocks called "eXtremeHard Blocks" which are meant to play for fun/casual. Last TD4 I trolled played BrTe there and we surprising cleared it at 24%. All thank to my effort of banish bomber on exoda and burning oldprentice.

Bring "fun" builds to expert blocks is not morally acceptable.

milranduil
Jan 22, 2017, 04:25 PM
Casting Zanverse when nobody else is is still contributing and I'd still consider it "your damage/contributions". To claim someone isn't any good because most of their contributions are Zanverse is quite asinine.

there is a difference between contributing by casting zanverse, and using zanverse as a means to prove X class is good.

Sayara
Jan 22, 2017, 05:21 PM
You can craft an Elder Pain to be TE equip too if you so desired, I actually run TE/hu on occassion being a no damage being dealt against me piece of shit, but at the same time. I spend whatever sponging of damage that hits me doing buffs and zanversing and resta if people need it. On one hand its very satisfying just DGAFFING whatever enemy tries to hurt you (or boss i guess) being dealt like 10% of the damage any other DPS class gets dealt (but thats with Flash Guarding/Deband Cut) and just being a huge help for a team of DPSes, but at the same time its a class that wants to be needed for a planned group, in MPAs you'll sadly find at least one other person doing the buffing and zanversing and stuff then suddenly. Shoot my jobs already being done. Which sucks. Being in an MPA without a purpose is a frustrating thing for me personally cuz when im doing the support build i actually... WANNA be useful for the MPA. Even if my Ragrants damage is laughable, or my sword attacks *witn lindcray* does like 30k damage vs a usual 30k A HIT damage.

But alone, its fun. Im with you on that much. Also, in my expereinces you dont need like 3000 HP or some nonsense like that. I have just shy of 1000 when i Deband Toughness and nothing can really ever kill me. so take it as you will.

Caetho
Jan 22, 2017, 06:06 PM

there is a difference between contributing by casting zanverse, and using zanverse as a means to prove X class is good.

What in god's name are you two on about? My HuFo is obviously contributing when I cast Zanverse with my Weddle Park, so much that I TOP the parse. For those who don't believe me I have a screenshot of my Weddle Park. Get on my level, you dirty casuals.

IchijinKali
Jan 22, 2017, 06:17 PM
http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_05_2016/d63e9e08366fdc.thumb.gif.5b71fbeb97087be26af2c2f01 0f0b461.gif

Kondibon
Jan 22, 2017, 06:27 PM
What in god's name are you two on about? My HuFo is obviously contributing when I cast Zanverse with my Weddle Park, so much that I TOP the parse. For those who don't believe me I have a screenshot of my Weddle Park. Get on my level, you dirty casuals.

40916Because Zanverse's damage is based on what other people do you aren't carying MPAs despite having the highest damage. Sure you'll make runs go faster if you're the only one casting zanverse, but you're completely as the mercy of everyone else having decent builds, so I don't see what your point is, especially since other class combos can do good with zanverse while also bringing their own damage. :/

Basically Zanverse is relative so even if you're doing more damage than everyone else if everyone else is doing 10% of the damage they should be, then you aren't doing much at all.

Xaeris
Jan 22, 2017, 07:16 PM

#alternativefacts

Great Pan
Jan 22, 2017, 07:24 PM
I'll go straight to the point, YOUR BUILD SUCKS.

DPS IS GOD. DPS IS LIFE. DPS IS LOVE. I'll take one hit and die like a man.

TehCubey
Jan 22, 2017, 09:22 PM
What you do when playing solo is your own business. But please do not bring untested gimmick builds to MPAs. Doing so means you are willing to sacrifice 11 other peoples' boost time, RL time and (for EQs where performance affects rewards) drop rates just for sake of your own selfishness.

Also about "standard" vs "weird" builds, I know everyone wants to be a special snowflake but I want to make one thing clear: vanilla builds aren't vanilla because someone arbitrarily decided that this is the only true way to play the game and anyone who disagrees should be shunned. They are vanilla because they work, and you should at least understand why before you decide to do something different.

As for making your own builds, here too there's a difference in approach. You can either:

1. Theorycraft a build first, thinking how to make it work, then you methodically test it, comparing results (damage, quest clear time, survivability etc) with other builds, and are willing to accept that you were wrong and something needs changing or even that the build is bad and needs to be scrapped completely. Selphea is very good at this.
or
2. Just decide on a build for no reason other than "this is what I want to do", and when people tell you this is a bad idea, ignore them.

As the saying goes, learn to walk before you start running. But the second approach here isn't even deciding you'll run before walking. It's deciding that instead of walking, you'll go around crawling on your knees, and backwards. Because "everyone is walking but I want to do my own thing" and "I can get like this anywhere quick enough, why are you complaining".

SteveCZ
Jan 22, 2017, 09:34 PM
I think there's also a 12* sword (Techer can use it) that has +150 s-def in it if I recall. ( 'w` )b

ArcaneTechs
Jan 22, 2017, 09:47 PM

there was a reason i called you out as a joke in that last "now locked" thread with the comment "Lol 1 button Zanverse Im Pro". Even if your just shit posting your terrible for still using Weddle Park with a trash combo like that good bait but your probably serious

They're more of a liability than they are an asset

TheFanaticViper
Jan 23, 2017, 08:44 AM
I think there's also a 12* sword (Techer can use it) that has +150 s-def in it if I recall. ( 'w` )b

Nox sword is compatible TE, and yes i checked on swiki the pot give +150 s-def : の効果(打撃防御+150)および、打撃射撃の威力が上昇する。(18%)

Sayara
Jan 23, 2017, 12:16 PM
Lind cray is a better for te sword cuz it also boosts t atk.

Z-0
Jan 23, 2017, 12:30 PM
They're more of a liability than they are an asset
Chances are if you're casting Zanverse, you're getting at least 5-6 people in it, meaning you're doing 20%(+ Zanverse boosts)*5~6+, meaning you're easily doing more than you would alone, and generally if you're able to cast Zanverse, you'd do more with Zanverse than any other method, plus Zanverse along with your own attacks is not unfeasible, although optimal Zanverse has almost no time to do other attacks.

Zanverse is a legitimate role in any group, especially if you're spec'ing for it. Of course, the biggest issue in random games is that more than one person might be casting Zanverse, but any Zanverse > No Zanverse, especially for raid boss quests.

I don't really understand this aversion to Zanverse at all.

Kondibon
Jan 23, 2017, 01:52 PM
Chances are if you're casting Zanverse, you're getting at least 5-6 people in it, meaning you're doing 20%(+ Zanverse boosts)*5~6+, meaning you're easily doing more than you would alone, and generally if you're able to cast Zanverse, you'd do more with Zanverse than any other method, plus Zanverse along with your own attacks is not unfeasible, although optimal Zanverse has almost no time to do other attacks.

Zanverse is a legitimate role in any group, especially if you're spec'ing for it. Of course, the biggest issue in random games is that more than one person might be casting Zanverse, but any Zanverse > No Zanverse, especially for raid boss quests.

I don't really understand this aversion to Zanverse at all.I can't speak for anyone else by my problem is honestly how he acts like his build is better than everyone else's because he can use Zanverse.

If we're talking organized groups, then yeah, I would agree with you, A dedicated Zanverse person would be super important, but how much damage you're dealing is directly affected by how much damage everyone else is dealing, so bragging about how high your zanverse hits is like bragging about shifta strike or WB. They're useful, but they aren't gonna be carrying an MPA on their own or anything.

Basically, I personally, don't care that zanverse is his highest source of damage, just that he's bragging and acting superior about a playstyle that relies entirely on other players to even work. You aren't gonna see me bragging about 100 chain torim spirals. :I

EDIT: Also, isn't he Hu/Fo or something. Pretty sure other class combos do Zanverse better, so if that's all he's going to do he might as well use a class combo that's better at it.

Raujinn
Jan 23, 2017, 02:49 PM
Why respond to obvious gimmick accounts?

sparab
Jan 23, 2017, 08:10 PM
You aren't gonna see me bragging about 100 chain torim spirals. :I

I'd love to see that (if not staged).

Keilyn
Jan 23, 2017, 08:19 PM

I like math, so basics....

Assume each player's damage is 100, 100 meaning 100% being 1.
Lets say you managed to run a Zanverse Spec on Techer and run with a 20% Wind Damage weapon. This would mean 1.2^3 = 1.728. There are other boosts out there, but I am just being simple about it.
We take the base of zanverse of 20% and this would amplify it to 34.5%

I work as Techer/Bouncer with Hyper Sunrise using Zanverse. I like that Jet Boots can instant-cast zanverse which is good for positioning and fast-casting zanverse at the right time and place.

Now lets say that we use Shifta Strike and we assume the gains in raw ATP an overall +5% stacked on the +10% overall damage from shifta strike.

Now we assume a standard party that just casts zanverse and doesn't know what he or she is doing, and isn't spec'ed for it...

We take four people (one of them being the zanverser) and no buffs.
We have

60 (if the three are in the zanverse and you get the 20%)

This is pretty much horrible.

Now lets talk about what a techer does with the buff to the other player.

105 x 1.1 = 115.5

This means that the techer is responsible (is the reason) why other players are hitting for +15.5% damage, since without the techer the damage would be 100%.

11 x 15.5 = 170.5

Without me lifting up a finger to do anything except buff and healing, this is the damage I am responsible for WITHOUT zanverse. Even if a parser reads 0, my buffs are the reason each player is hitting harder.

Now lets add in the Zanverse. Zanverse in this case will deal 34.5% of total player damage as reapplied Wind Damage. Total meaning the 34.5% of 115.5, which is 39.8475.

The maximum damage would be if 11 players were caught in the field and did their full attacks. That is what Zanversers dream of. This unrealistic situation that happens a small percentage of the time in groups...

11 x 39.3475 = 438.3225

In other words....
The existence of the techer/bouncer, combined with buffs and ONLY working on a Wind Mastery 1 + 2 + Potential of Hyper Sunrise (+20% Wind Damage) thrown in there as a BASIC Example as one can spec for more... allows so that each player hits for 15% more damage, and the techer alone through Zanverse will deal 4.38x more damage than a player without a buffer or zanverser.

Lets be more realistic and say that 6 players are caught in that...then we get 6 x 39.3475 = 236.085... (Still over twice as much)

Now for this to be LEGIT and not OFF-TOPIC of the thread, I need to RELATE THIS TO TANKING!!!
So this is HOW I TANK in Ultimate Amdu. :)

There are three types of tanks in MMORPGs.

~Tanks that just take the damage while a healer heals the tank and the tank uses aggro skills.
~Tanks that take the damage and mitigate the damage somehow either though evading hits, or countering hits.
~Tanks who can use other players around them to cause health regeneration through redirection..

I am OPTION 3 on this list...

You see.
ALL TANKS have a responsibility...
FIRST and Foremost is to keep ENEMY ATTENTION on the self; to make sure that the enemy is SO ENRAGED and PISSED at you that he along with all of his minions and dead ancestors from beyond the grave can taste your corpse in the afterlife!
SECOND is to make sure that you LIVE...
If the TANK dies, everyone else IS GOING TO DIE...
And So making sure that you not only stay ALIVE but can TANK IT LIKE A MAN (or woman) is the meat and pressure of tanking.
THIRD
The tank CAN NOT move around everywhere. If the tank is ALWAYS MOVING, all enemies are also moving and all of those players that depend on stationary-locked attacks are NOT GOING TO HIT or CONNECT with their attacks. TANKS have to STAND STILL, but PLEASE do not stand on lava!!!! Or you deserve to become kitty litter!
FOURTH
The tank is dependent on all the DPS finishing off the ENEMY before he runs out of 'resources and health' AND the healer runs out of heals. The tank is the one who CALLS when his defenses are going to break, pushing a party into defense-tactics or withdrawal tactics during the battle.

I achieve ALL FOUR as a Techer/Bouncer in Ult Amd. However, ONLY in maps that are THIS predictable does TANKING actually work. YOU NEED BOSSES To tank against and you truly need to make sure that you STAND IN PLACE and let them HIT YOU, and ALL WITHOUT DYING...

So what I do is....

As we attack a boss, I use the Jet Boots to Rapidly do Shifta + Deband... and I turn on the Skills to help increase CRITICAL CHANCE (Stacked with my Shifta Critical makes for a +50% chance to crit) and the skill for PP regeneration...This helps EVERYONE STAY IN THE FIGHT...

So how do I keep ANGA to my face?
I use the JET BOOTS Quick-Cast of Zanverse and then on top of it cast a MEGIVERSE!!!

My build is overspec'ed and PRETTY QUICKLY ANGA Will focus ALL RAGE against me.
So because the players are ANNIHILATING ANGA and Zanverse is doing its Job, Megiverse is keeping me alive from the hits that I sustain, while I stand still and keep buffing and using my own PP Recovery.

LITERALLY I am being hit by laser beams, Trash Mobs + Anga, but as long as Zanverse is in play + using Jet Boots as weapons to damage Anga + Megiverse... What happens is that EACH TIME a player HITS ANGA, my HP is going to go from NEARLY DEAD to Maximum Health. I Stand still...and when EXPERT PLAYERS see the cue that everything in creation is trying to annihilate, they will actually stack around me while I keep Megiverse and Zanverse up....

Done right, Anga will adapt to wind prior to falling apart. :)

This is a way I can be a support player AND A TANK at the same time (dependent on the other players in the MPA with me for zanverse damage)...

THE DAMAGE from zanverse + Life Drain from Megiverse + My own attacks using Jet Boots is enough for Rage to turn against me, and you will see it when you start taking 2 - 6 hits in a row from Anga and each time your health goes from Nearly Dead or Halfway all the way to FULL from each player actually scoring a hit while both fields remain active.

To those who do not know...
If you case zanverse and then Megiverse. If a player hits an enemy, a percentage of his damage gets redirected as wind damage from my end. His attack will cause life drain and recover you allies health, but the redirection will recover your health too. This means you will get 11 players redirecting damage through you, but also recovering life, and that redirected damage also proc'ing zanverse to heal you. Considering the PP Field and Critical Fields are up, this will ANGER and ENRAGE about any long term boss in this game done right.

Just learn to TANK the hits and learn to NOT DIE while tanking the hits..

This game really isn't a tanking game, but Zanverse/Megiverse tanking
really works in the few areas one can spec for.

Outside of those areas, (which is like 2 - 3% of the game) Tanking is a total failure and outright DPS annihilates just about anything....

azami
Jan 23, 2017, 08:37 PM
I like math, so basics....

I wish I could play this game through your eyes.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 23, 2017, 08:39 PM

I'm referring to your (as the individual player) own damage during the run, not what others are managing to do because your within range of Zanverse but you yourself is doing to throw more damage in that isn't complete crap. Like with our buddy over there thinking that Zanverse+Il Megid= MLG PRO levels of gameplay is beyond stupid, lots of situations where this wouldnt even work especially on stuff like Elder, TD and EFM. Again I'm speaking about the player themself as in let's say your soloing PD, you aren't gonna be stupid enough to think just those 2 Techs will work alone and even if its the case with EFM, Zanverse and Ragrants would be better than someone spamming Zanverse and Il Megid.

These are examples, I'm not looking for "hurr situations bro" I'm saying that ya even though your with a group, what are you "yourself" contributing besides a support Tech in all this? (uhh damage cuz Zanverse damage?) your basically there to leech that you may as well use LR units and a crafted Blue talis and tell people to step their game up. Zanverse lasts long enough to get some of your own PA's/Tech in between everything, it's something you need to stand there, wait for it to be gone then use it again

too long, skipped

Kondibon
Jan 23, 2017, 08:39 PM
I'd love to see that (if not staged).If by staged you mean requiring another person, that was kind of my point. Branging about how easy it is to get top damage with zanverse is like trying to take credit for a group effort. :/ I wouldn't take all the credit for a 100 chain torim spiral because it requires at least one person to help me by default, just like zanverse.

sparab
Jan 23, 2017, 08:55 PM
If by staged you mean requiring another person, that was kind of my point. Branging about how easy it is to get top damage with zanverse is like trying to take credit for a group effort. :/ I wouldn't take all the credit for a 100 chain torim spiral because it requires at least one person to help me by default, just like zanverse.

Theoretically, you just need to solo build ~82 chain, make a torim shout without hitting chain mark, cast ramegid zero and charge spiral (while face tanking with massive hunter/automaid), and release at perfect timing. It has zero practical use, however.

Kondibon
Jan 23, 2017, 09:00 PM
Theoretically, you just need to solo build ~82 chain, make a torim shout without hitting chain mark, cast ramegid zero and charge spiral (while face tanking with massive hunter/automaid), and release at perfect timing. It has zero practical use, however.Pft! You know what I meant. >:U

Selphea
Jan 24, 2017, 06:21 AM
You really only need to jump cancel 20 chain Sazan into Maron Strike tho. After that APPR Popple is a free refill anyway.

Also you never know when you end up Zanversing 3 dead people, a 20% ungrinded Xie Hu/Br, a Guld Milla S Roll Gu/Hu, a Crafted Ex1 Katana Bo/Br, a 9* Cery spammer, a Fo/Te with 3 points in every mastery and max Poison Ignition, a Launcher-only no ring no WB Ra/Gu and an Axeon-kun with Freeze IV.

Kondibon
Jan 24, 2017, 06:35 AM
You really only need to jump cancel 20 chain Sazan into Maron Strike tho. After that APPR Popple is a free refill anyway.You're completely missing the point... 3:
It's not about whether 100 chain torim spirals are worth it (A 100 chain maron strike would be better anyway), it's about the fact that getting a 100 chain torim spiral with the help of your party then taking all the credit and bragging about how you did the most damage in an MPA and everyone else needs to "Get on your level" is pretty dumb. I was comparing it to Zanverse, and trying to point out that Caetho trying to brag about his Zanverse damage is just as dumb because Zanverse is a team effort, and he can't actually do that on his own.

I'm pretty sure Caetho is just trolling anyway, I just put too much value in my own opinions.

Selphea
Jan 24, 2017, 06:38 AM
Aren't you on Discord? Of course he's trolling! :wacko:

Kondibon
Jan 24, 2017, 06:56 AM
Aren't you on Discord? Of course he's trolling! :wacko:I don't even look at the discord, I forgot I was even in it. Too antsy.

Zorak000
Jan 24, 2017, 12:29 PM
what they need to do is rework the hunter tree from the ground up; I would love to see Guard Stance turn into something for hunter mains to use instead of fury and still put out similar, or ideally, higher numbers when meeting various tank-related conditions.

part of the easiest solution is to turn warcry and warbrave into passive skills that are always running so long as you are in guard stance; but even then under the best conditions that would mean Guard Stance is providing a 1.38x damage boost (when there are 5+ nearby enemies and you have just blocked an attack for the Guard Stance Advance buff) vs. Fury Stance's 1.4553x (for being in Fury Stance and Just Attacking into the next attack) so you would either need to boost Guard Stance Advance's damage boost (which would help out more for bossing) or buff up warbrave (which would help out more for mobbing) or both; possibly altering the scaling on war brave to frontload maybe half of the full damage boost idk im ballparking here.

taking warbrave away from fury stance main hunters would kinda hurt them a bit though; but I guess that's kind of the point of this anyway? since warbrave is already hunter-main only, it wouldn't diminish fury hunter subclassing at least.

well it's fun to dream but like heck sega's going to do something like that

TehCubey
Jan 24, 2017, 06:00 PM
It's more like skill trees are old and busted and were an outdated idea even when PSO2 was new. Modern MMOs tend to focus on giving the players a collection of few but meaningful choices, as opposed to big skill trees full of small passive bonuses that in the end add up into a single vanilla build anyway, sometimes with a few minor variations here and there.

Zysets
Jan 24, 2017, 06:08 PM
I don't even look at the discord, I forgot I was even in it. Too antsy.

Aida's Discord? Yeah my attention spam is small enough that I can have a good time on there.

Flaoc
Jan 24, 2017, 06:13 PM
naw aidas discord is literal shit.. most likely talking about tais discord

Zysets
Jan 24, 2017, 07:00 PM

I didn't say it was good, I said my attention span was small enough to enjoy it.

Dang, self own'd

jooozek
Jan 25, 2017, 05:33 PM

i dont think literal shit gets partnered :wacko:

Zysets
Jan 25, 2017, 05:57 PM
I got along with people much faster and comfortably on Aida's discord than I did on Tai's. I play with people from there a lot now, it's been chill. I mean no beef with the community on Tai's discord, just Aida's was more comfortable for me personally.

Asellus
Jan 25, 2017, 07:30 PM
*looks around*

Well covered topic, nice contributions from the community.

Gentle Giant Vexx
Jan 26, 2017, 01:59 AM
No kiddin'. . .

GHNeko
Jan 26, 2017, 03:40 PM
No kiddin'. . .

This is the wrong community for your type of thread. EleGiggle

Well. You know that now at least.

That being said, for future reference, it's better to be attached to a playstyle and not a class combo, because you never know when a new class can do what your current combo can do and better. :wacko:

Dropping a class combo for a new one that does what you want and more will safe you a lot of grief and stress without really impacting how much fun you have.

Case and point; HuSu >>>> HuTe because it does what you want and more. But you already have been told this by now; I'm sure.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 26, 2017, 08:33 PM
Case and point; HuSu >>>> HuTe because it does what you want and more. But you already have been told this by now; I'm sure.
I'll never understand the mentality in being willing to drop your Main Class Bonus/Dmg/Skills for something like this but i guess its still "muh playstyle" "special snowflake" cases idk enlighten me on this choice HU/SU vs SU/x

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2017, 08:55 PM
idk enlighten me on this choice HU/SU vs SU/xYou're a hunter with Techs that doesn't rely on rainbow weapons for the bit of damage you get from your sub. It's also super tanky. It's not for MPA stuff at all, but it's a better option than Hu/Te in pretty much every regard. There's no reason to compare it to Su main though, because you wouldn't even be using pets.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 26, 2017, 09:12 PM
You're a hunter with Techs that doesn't rely on rainbow weapons for the bit of damage you get from your sub. It's also super tanky. It's not for MPA stuff at all, but it's a better option than Hu/Te in pretty much every regard. There's no reason to compare it to Su main though, because you wouldn't even be using pets.
Do people still use rainbow palletes outside FO and TE? (and i guess BO) figures now a days thats its almost pointless and you might as well stick to Light on everything (have Fire or something else too) than invest into a rainbow palette. And with HU/TE, aren't you suppose to be Wand Smacking? since the lack of S atk dmg in general? (well not lack but moreover dmg overall state) versus TE/HU where you get TE's extra buff skills?

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2017, 09:20 PM
Do people still use rainbow palletes outside FO and TE? (and i guess BO) figures now a days thats its almost pointless and you might as well stick to Light on everything (have Fire or something else too) than invest into a rainbow palette.That's my point. IF you want to play Hu main using Hu weapons with Techs for whatever reason, all of your choices that can actually give you damage to your Hu weapons, besides Su, rely on element matching.

And with HU/TE, aren't you suppose to be Wand Smacking? since the lack of S atk dmg in general? (well not lack but moreover dmg overall state) versus TE/HU where you get TE's extra buff skills?Hu/Te wand wacking is just Te/Hu but weaker so... :wacko: But you're right, it is for wand wacking, which the OP said they aren't interested in. Hu/Su and Te/Hu were the suggested tanky class combos.

GHNeko
Jan 26, 2017, 10:20 PM
I'll never understand the mentality in being willing to drop your Main Class Bonus/Dmg/Skills for something like this but i guess its still "muh playstyle" "special snowflake" cases idk enlighten me on this choice HU/SU vs SU/x

SuHu isnt a thing nor should it ever be a thing. HuSu doesnt use pets, and the only damage multis you lose out on are Alter Ego and Pet Sympathy. Both of which are for pets.

HuSu gets access to techs and has high raw stats on top of some Average Stance tier multipliers and passive HP regen and w/e other goodies su has to offer as a subclass.

I dont think it's a very strong class, but its prob one of the better choices for the for fun players looking to tank and/or use hu weapons with access to magic. I'm building one myself but that's my thing and it's what I'm known for; I play off-meta builds as well as meme/experimental builds. (´・ω・`)