http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2017/01/170125b.html

*14 drop rate is not affected by class drop bonus

"It is not a bug, it's game design" - SEGA

--------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the upcoming Solo PD:

- You can exchange this trigger with fifty 2017 badges
- Quest clear awards 1 [Union Booster]; S rank clear awards 1 extra
- Exchange rate: 5 [Union Booster] + Ray weapon/unit = 1 Union weapon/unit
- 2017 badge weapons will have a second potential that increase damage and damage reduction during this quest
- New titles are awarded to players who cleared this challenge
- No collection/exchange for ray units

ZerotakerZX
Jan 25, 2017, 03:23 PM
So Ray units will drop?

nguuuquaaa
Jan 25, 2017, 03:57 PM
5 runs for 2 Unions, not bad I guess.

Poyonche
Jan 25, 2017, 04:43 PM
"2017 badge weapons will have a second potential that grants special effect during this quest"
What if people already maxed those out ? :o
(Well, aside from TE/FI, I don't see who would have interest in doing that)

sparab
Jan 25, 2017, 04:50 PM
"2017 badge weapons will have a second potential that grants special effect during this quest"
What if people already maxed those out ? :o
(Well, aside from TE/FI, would who do that)

Dudu can switch your weapon potential, for a reasonable fee.

Poyonche
Jan 25, 2017, 04:55 PM
for a reasonable fee.

https://media.giphy.com/media/j3x5hjUoXIesM/giphy.gif

Asellus
Jan 25, 2017, 07:34 PM
So since it's a trigger I'd assume we can spam run solo PD. Damn, better start saving those badges.

Zysets
Jan 25, 2017, 08:06 PM
Welp time to run LQ a ton to save up badges.

Kondibon
Jan 25, 2017, 08:32 PM
I'll stick with just doing the EQ for badges thanks. :I Good to know I'll have something to spend them on after I get everything else I want.

SteveCZ
Jan 25, 2017, 08:52 PM
Hmm... this makes me question the quality of union units...

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2017, 10:29 PM
So this, this is how to they get us to run their dead/bad LQ, very dirty indeed

GHNeko
Jan 26, 2017, 03:45 PM
(Well, aside from TE/FI, I don't see who would have interest in doing that)

Hey! TeFi is a perfectly fine class thank you very much!

Moffen
Jan 26, 2017, 05:40 PM
Hey! TeFi is a perfectly fine class thank you very much!

I think he means Te/Fi is the only class that the Xie weapons are super duper good for,not that Te/Fi is bad D:

Poyonche
Jan 26, 2017, 05:49 PM
I think he means Te/Fi is the only class that the Xie weapons are super duper good for,not that Te/Fi is bad D:

Exactly. :wacko:

elryan
Jan 26, 2017, 05:52 PM
10/10 for making PD Solo a trigger.

Flaoc
Jan 26, 2017, 05:59 PM
0/10 when it ends up being a full stack per trigger

Zorak000
Jan 26, 2017, 06:11 PM
not really understanding where gheaven is getting this info, but I guess we'll know for sure on saturday anyway; the 14* drop thing could possibly get confirmed next ARKS Live stream if somebody gets that question through

sparab
Jan 26, 2017, 06:19 PM
The 14* drop thing could possibly get confirmed next ARKS Live stream if somebody gets that question through

I sincerely hope this is real. Wouldn't want to see 8 Te when *14 wand become a thing.

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2017, 07:40 PM
Does it even make much of a difference for actually rare stuff? I keep getting 13* mech guns as a summoner. >_>

Agastya
Jan 26, 2017, 08:14 PM
in what backwards world is te/fi fine

e: i forgot some people play techer for damage instead of techer for keeping people alive, but do please still direct me to proper points so i can expand my horizons

sparab
Jan 26, 2017, 08:55 PM
Does it even make much of a difference for actually rare stuff? I keep getting 13* mech guns as a summoner. >_>

I believe class drop does make a difference through how many (non-orbit) gunslashs have dropped comparing to other weapons. Provide sega has given equal drop rate to most series.

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2017, 09:10 PM
I believe class drop does make a difference through how many (non-orbit) gunslashs have dropped comparing to other weapons. Provide sega has given equal drop rate to most series.I never said it doesn't make a difference at all, I notice it all the time with normal drops and EQ 10*s. My point was that you need a large drop pool before it averages out, so if 14*s are as rare as they're supposed to be, even if they were affected by it, you probably wouldn't notice.

in what backwards world is te/fi fineThe new wand boosts Se rates and has a chase effect. But Te/Fi has always been fine. Not optimal, but fine. Is it really so hard for people to grasp that there's a rather wide gray are between optimal builds and shit tier garbage in this game? :/

ArcaneTechs
Jan 26, 2017, 09:17 PM
The new wand boosts Se rates and has a chase effect. But Te/Fi has always been fine. Not optimal, but fine. Is it really so hard for people to grasp that there's a rather wide gray are between optimal builds and shit tier garbage in this game? :/
sort of, especially when you notice your run isnt going well or parser shows someone slacking in damage and you notice a random combo class that well "under performs"

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2017, 09:23 PM
sort of, especially when you notice your run isnt going well or parser shows someone slacking in damage and you notice a random combo class that well "under performs"Whenever I notice my runs going badly it's because people are playing badly. You only need 1 or 2 people to carry an MPA for anything that isn't TD, so if you're getting bad runs at all it just means you aren't strong enough yourself. :wacko:

sparab
Jan 26, 2017, 09:30 PM
sort of, especially when you notice your run isnt going well or parser shows someone slacking in damage and you notice a random combo class that well "under performs"

In my case over 90% parser trash are ungrinded weapon or hardcore leech. Even HuRa does better damage than those.

Agastya
Jan 26, 2017, 09:39 PM
The new wand boosts Se rates and has a chase effect. But Te/Fi has always been fine. Not optimal, but fine. Is it really so hard for people to grasp that there's a rather wide gray are between optimal builds and shit tier garbage in this game? :/

the thing is that i don't understand what it does that other subs just dont do better

small mobs will die before chase boosts damage on them, fi doesnt have zanverse boosts on bigger bosses because they dont get traditional status afflictions. i personally would rather have the survival utility of /hu or the meaty wand smacks of /br than a generalist wand+wind casting /fi sub present

tbh i mostly dont care what a te does as long as theyre keeping up buffs and healing people but i forget that some people have fun in different ways than i do :wacko:

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2017, 09:44 PM
the thing is that i don't understand what it does that other subs just dont do betterNothing, but it's not the worst at anything either was my point. Hence, it's "fine".

sparab
Jan 26, 2017, 09:48 PM
Nothing, but it's not the worst at anything either was my point. Hence, it's "fine".

In my head there is still an image of a certain FiTe bragging how much damage he can do...

ArcaneTechs
Jan 27, 2017, 12:35 AM
In my head there is still an image of a certain FiTe bragging how much damage he can do...
I cast Zanverse therefore I am #1 PSO2 player gg2ez #dontneedsubclassonlymainclasscuzezmodegame

ZerotakerZX
Jan 27, 2017, 12:43 AM

So... how much?

nguuuquaaa
Jan 27, 2017, 01:19 AM
the thing is that i don't understand what it does that other subs just dont do better

More like it's too good for this game :wacko:
TE/FI wand mobbing is the strongest out of every combination of TE. But enemies generally die too fast for it to be effective. It's only good at UQ it seems.

Poyonche
Jan 27, 2017, 04:09 AM
Well well, looks like I shouldn't have mentionned TE/FI. :wacko:

rsod
Jan 27, 2017, 08:49 AM
I'm kinda afraid that I won't be able to handle this solo PD.
for reference, I can pass heaven and hell 1-5. But not 6-10.
Also if it'll turn out that union units are absolutely musthave I'll be really disappointed because from 300+ amduscia runs I got all units but ray arm. I really got sick of amduscia and really really don't want to return to it.

Vatallus
Jan 27, 2017, 09:14 AM
I have a feeling the solo PD will be rebalanced a little bit. While possible I don't think most people can survive the encounter with Persona without a PB or just dying and using a half doll.

rsod
Jan 27, 2017, 09:30 AM
I have a feeling the solo PD will be rebalanced a little bit. While possible I don't think most people can survive the encounter with Persona without a PB or just dying and using a half doll.

I knew that all those halfdolls that I'm collecting will be useful someday

ZerotakerZX
Jan 27, 2017, 10:18 AM

Hp gonna be cut, that's for sure

NightfallG
Jan 27, 2017, 11:01 AM
A quick sidenote:

http://i.imgur.com/gGT4iWb.jpg

This is lovely and majestic and has reaffirmed my love for that wonderful coat-cloak.

morkie
Jan 27, 2017, 12:34 PM
the 2017 weapon badge is from Xie shop? or a new 2017 weapon exchange from Nanon npc

ZerotakerZX
Jan 27, 2017, 01:14 PM
the 2017 weapon badge is from Xie shop? or a new 2017 weapon exchange from Nanon npcxie's

Masu
Jan 27, 2017, 04:03 PM
Also if it'll turn out that union units are absolutely musthave I'll be really disappointed because from 300+ amduscia runs I got all units but ray arm. I really got sick of amduscia and really really don't want to return to it.
I got a wtf moment when I realized I got a ray unit drop from current LQ:wacko:
Also if anyone can confirm it can drop there because I still find hard to believe. Maybe I have messed up with my storage but I'm somewhat doubting it because all the ones rotting there are locked. That one wasn't...

arokidaaron
Jan 27, 2017, 04:35 PM
Also if anyone can confirm it can drop there because I still find hard to believe. Maybe I have messed up with my storage but I'm somewhat doubting it because all the ones rotting there are locked. That one wasn't...

Ray untis drop from Anga, and since Anga is present on LQ, you might've gotten lucky.

Masu
Jan 27, 2017, 06:04 PM
That's what I thought first. Then considering how fast Anga is melting it must be a lvl70 one. In my mind Ray units are bound to UQ and lvl80 Anga + I have yet to read anyone reporting to get Ray drop from lq, that's why I was very surprised.

SteveCZ
Jan 27, 2017, 06:57 PM
Also if anyone can confirm it can drop there because I still find hard to believe.

Ray units are from Anga lv 71+

ArcaneTechs
Jan 27, 2017, 07:10 PM
That's what I thought first. Then considering how fast Anga is melting it must be a lvl70 one. In my mind Ray units are bound to UQ and lvl80 Anga + I have yet to read anyone reporting to get Ray drop from lq, that's why I was very surprised.
Gix weapons and Ray Units drop from the LQ but thanks to the wonderful minds at Sega we have incredibly super low drop rates because Lv75 mobs won't stop becoming a thing every LQ. One can assume this until the Lv80 cap happens and the next LQ hits

echofaith
Jan 27, 2017, 07:54 PM
I hope for solo PD to have less hp, otherwise it just going to take a while. Apparently you need to battle double too, so thats an extra chore for most melee classes /:
Also hope new units are good stat wise.They seem to be really stingy about giving a good set bonus to 12* units, and until they do, using old sets feels better. Using a Double or Austere set with a random 12*, or heck, using a fully crafted saiki will still give better stats than fully going 12* units(barring defense that is). I really need a 3rd ring, but it doesnt feel worth to lose my set effect for it ):

Gestriden
Jan 27, 2017, 07:58 PM
It will have lowered HP, they brought it up on their last information stream. However it won't have "1/12th" of it's HP. (Since usually it's a 12 man MPA)

GHNeko
Jan 28, 2017, 01:06 AM
More like it's too good for this game :wacko:
TE/FI wand mobbing is the strongest out of every combination of TE. But enemies generally die too fast for it to be effective. It's only good at UQ it seems.

This is correct. TeFi shines brightest in quests where enemies have crazy high HP pools, namely UQs and some XH mobbing EQs.

Not a lot of people play TeFi, but as it stands it's pretty easy to inflict status effects on mobs now. Halfline Boost, Wand Gear Element, Neo Japanese series, and status effect give an extremely reliable proc rate to make chase advance/chase advance plus proc reliably often.

BUUUUT anything less than UQ/certain XH mobbing EQs, TeFi really isn't all that great. :wacko:

I mostly have it because it's fun and to have a Te class to play. I made my TeFi before Su existed tho but no reason to bench it permanently now. :wacko:

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2017, 01:29 AM
It will have lowered HP, they brought it up on their last information stream. However it won't have "1/12th" of it's HP. (Since usually it's a 12 man MPA)

Hm, 1/12 would sound fair. I wonder how much we gonna get. But maybe its like 1/24hp for shit and giggles.

Atmius
Jan 28, 2017, 01:43 AM
1/12th is hardly fair, if you consider how much dps certain classes are capable of in burst damage. Something more like 1/3rd to 1/2 is more likely to be the case.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2017, 01:53 AM
1/12th is hardly fair, if you consider how much dps certain classes are capable of in burst damage. Something more like 1/3rd to 1/2 is more likely to be the case.

Hm... intresting case to calculate. Try and figure how much of MPA's damage you are doing and associate it with new HP ammount and figure out if you would even be able to beat PD in time.

rsod
Jan 28, 2017, 02:24 AM

"certain", but not "all" classes. 1/3 - 1/2 I feel it'll be impossible for 99% people (heck, I won't be able to kill that definitely)

Atmius
Jan 28, 2017, 03:04 AM
The way I see it, unless you're playing something like wand whack only tehu/tebr/tewhatever, you should be able to clear it without a huge amount of difficulty as long as you know how to play.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2017, 04:53 AM
The way I see it, unless you're playing something like wand whack only tehu/tebr/tewhatever, you should be able to clear it without a huge amount of difficulty as long as you know how to play.
It would be nice really. But make clearing it even more tough than SoloEX is nice in a way too.

milranduil
Jan 28, 2017, 02:44 PM
The time limit is cut to 20min from 60min, so the guess is 1/3 hp.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2017, 02:47 PM
The time limit is cut to 20min from 60min, so the guess is 1/3 hp.
Good luck doing nuff damage in time then.

Selphea
Jan 28, 2017, 02:50 PM
I'm guessing Arks GP HP, probably possible for a maxed character to do it in <1min, but they give you 20 for welfare.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2017, 02:53 PM
I'm guessing Arks GP HP, probably possible for a maxed character to do it in <1min, but they give you 20 for welfare.
Oh, I remember that, much fun quest that was. But I don't remember HP count.

Moffen
Jan 28, 2017, 03:18 PM
As a Gu/Hu with lifesteal fornis tmgs this PD is gonna be a breeze :v

Though I need a Union sword,gunslash and 2 union units so,might take a while huhu

jooozek
Jan 28, 2017, 04:12 PM
if solo xq is any indication of supposed hard solo content, PD will be made of paper

Moffen
Jan 28, 2017, 05:46 PM
if solo xq is any indication of supposed hard solo content, PD will be made of paper

Depends on what solo XQ.
Ultimate border was a goddamn nightmare but heaven and hell was super easy so..

milranduil
Jan 28, 2017, 06:37 PM
Good luck doing nuff damage in time then.

considering players can solo with melee class in 30min during normal eq, that should mean melee clear in 8-12min in solo eq.

GHNeko
Jan 28, 2017, 07:33 PM
Yeah there really shouldnt be a problem for properly built characters and skilled enough players.

I dont expect this to be rough at all.

sparab
Jan 28, 2017, 07:42 PM
No exchange/collect for ray units. I am so not surprised.

Normal players will probably sit around 100+ union stones and can't find a use for them.

Raujinn
Jan 28, 2017, 10:48 PM
There are Union units though? Same as weapons, ray unit + 5 union stones.

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2017, 10:52 PM
Normal players will probably sit around 100+ union stones and can't find a use for them.Normal players probably aren't going to be getting Union Boosters.

Same as weapons, ray unit + 5 union stones.Yes, and Sparab is saying there's no reliable way to get Ray units to turn into Union Units.

Vatallus
Jan 28, 2017, 11:57 PM
Depending on how strong the supposed potential the xie weapons will get for Solo PD this might end up being something that anyone can do.

Remz69
Jan 29, 2017, 12:02 AM
Depending on how strong the supposed potential the xie weapons will get for Solo PD this might end up being something that anyone can do.

if Solo XQs are anything to go by + the fact that we 'only' have 20 mins (and sega is always more than generous with time limits) this PD-Double most likely won't even be a combined HP of 20M so

Indignation211
Feb 3, 2017, 10:01 AM
I read the post on bumped and it says the solo trigger quest can be cleared "once per ship per occurrence".

Does this mean you can only run the trigger while Perennial Apocalypse is active? Or is it a sort of cooldown that resets when the EQ comes up? Does running the EQ prevent you from running a trigger. For that matter what about normal PD triggers?

Indignation211
Feb 3, 2017, 10:07 AM
Split into two posts because my phone is unreliable.

Also do we have any information on the stats, potential and SAF of Union? For that matter what is the SAF of Ray?

Strayed
Feb 3, 2017, 10:28 AM
Split into two posts because my phone is unreliable.

Also do we have any information on the stats, potential and SAF of Union? For that matter what is the SAF of Ray?

Ray's SAF is Astral Soul. Judging by the preview vid, Union has more attack than Ray but less than Gix/Astra (the Union sword in the vid had 115 more attack than Ray).

Atmius
Feb 3, 2017, 10:33 AM
I read the post on bumped and it says the solo trigger quest can be cleared "once per ship per occurrence".

Does this mean you can only run the trigger while Perennial Apocalypse is active? Or is it a sort of cooldown that resets when the EQ comes up? Does running the EQ prevent you from running a trigger. For that matter what about normal PD triggers?
My interpretation of what Kimura said was a 'normal' scheduled PD eq would also allow one (free) additional chance at a solo clear per time it popped, while triggers being triggers allow you to run them whenever you want. Normal 12 man PD triggers probably wouldn't give you said free opportunity because they're nonstandard to begin with.

Zorak000
Feb 3, 2017, 12:00 PM
going back to the thread title; would solo onion triggers still have a shot at 14* weapons?

(a shot in the dark while dizzy on a moving platform while the target is also moving)

Cyber Meteor
Feb 3, 2017, 01:13 PM
They said the solo PD EQ was gonna have better rewards than the 12-man PD EQ so you'll probably have a chance for 14* :p

sparab
Feb 3, 2017, 04:16 PM
a chance for 14* :p

THINKING TIME!

Which of the following gives you a higher chance to get*14?

000.000000357%
00.0000002017%
00000.0000001%
0.00000009999%

Coldco
Feb 3, 2017, 04:21 PM
THINKING TIME!

000.000000357%
00.0000002017%
00000.0000001%
0.00000009999%

00000.0000001%

isCasted
Feb 3, 2017, 04:35 PM
Random numbers from someone's forum post don't give you 14* chances.
00000.0000001%

And even if they did, you failed

Loveless62
Feb 3, 2017, 05:57 PM
THINKING TIME!

0.000000357%
0.0000002017%
0.0000001%
0.00000009999%
0.000000357%

Although, I'm worried that it might be a trick question somehow.

EvilMag
Feb 3, 2017, 07:51 PM
honestly I'm not sure. considering the trigger is gonna be in the badge shop (I wonder if permanent) then that would mean you could in a technical sense hunt 14*s

Cyber Meteor
Feb 3, 2017, 08:01 PM
they haven't said 14* rate would be boosted :p, and i doubt they would touch it, more like 13* rate will be higher

Moffen
Feb 3, 2017, 08:08 PM
they haven't said 14* rate would be boosted :p, and i doubt they would touch it, more like 13* rate will be higher

Just to pour salt on some peoples wounds,maybe it'll drop austeres units/weapons at a higher rate :^)

Kokurokoki
Feb 4, 2017, 12:02 AM
wow... 14-star weapons... -_-"

Atmius
Feb 4, 2017, 04:26 AM
Austere units wont drop, that's why you can't sell them on the market.