PDA

View Full Version : New level cap

rsod
Jan 28, 2017, 10:11 AM
So as you all well know to get to level 80 you need firstly to complete the prefect (class) CO's.

That's not a big deal for main class. You play it, enjoy it, and eventually (and pretty soon probably) will acquire those class excubes.

But when it comes to subclass, that's when things getting horrible. You either play without half of your skill tree, with shitty garbage 12* multiclass weapons or play a class that is not fun for you and have to buy additional skill tree for it. That is not fun at all. Those 4 skill points weren't a big deal in most cases honestly, but more levels includes more stats and maybe new titles and eventually quests that requires 80/80.

Moreover, there is no real way to quickly level up! Client orders aren't giving any experience (30k at most when to level up you need 2m? really?), keys are sure good way to level up but you get like 1 golden key every week, advance quests... honestly very boring, killing mobs for hours and hours in the same location... and they're not giving any reasonable xp on level 75 as well.

So only option is to switch to subclass, get a garbage weapon and LEECH. I've tried to avoid leeching as much as possible, I always tried to make my effort, to try as hard as I can, I enjoy it. I finally found a class that I'm really happy with and that I really want to master (not too much time ago actually) and I thought that now I'm gonna enjoy it, play it, but no! Today I read in news that I have to level stupid subclass again. And not only 5 levels, but like 26.

That really makes me sad. Means that this period of game when you're fully levelled and have good gear and can just enjoy gameplay is delayed for a while.

I'm sorry for rambling, and thanks for reading if you did.

Raujinn
Jan 28, 2017, 10:16 AM
Run VHAQs or SHAQs. Do featureds and run Bonus Quests. That'll be your quickest way to get those SP orders out of the way.

Idd tho it's pretty bullshit but your only option isn't to leech.

SteveCZ
Jan 28, 2017, 10:29 AM
X/Fo AQ until we all die with our own fire. Wait, you don't like tech class? too bad.

Moffen
Jan 28, 2017, 10:33 AM
What Raujinn said,just run featured quests for keys and run them on your subclass or do VHAQs/SHAQs.

though personally I like to run loser apostles and yamato EQ's with subclass and max grinded/potented 12*s for the EXP since those are super easy when they're on and they both give good EXP.

rsod
Jan 28, 2017, 10:43 AM
X/Fo AQ until we all die with our own fire. Wait, you don't like tech class? too bad.

as I mentioned AQs are extremely boring. After I once did like 4 hours of that thing I never want to do it again.

Raujinn
Jan 28, 2017, 10:44 AM
Yeah I mean I don't think the gear requirements are that stringent for some of the older EQs. Yamato, Arms... Despair you can get away with kinda bad gear if you're using AIS correctly Demise not so much.

A grinded 12* would probably work just fine. XH was allegedly balanced around it for the most part so...

Atmius
Jan 28, 2017, 10:48 AM
Client orders aren't giving any experience (30k at most when to level up you need 2m? really?)

From that alone I can tell you've never paid off Franka. her co's alone give a combined total of over a million experience, iirc.

oratank
Jan 28, 2017, 10:51 AM
you need +35 13* to unlock level cap why bother to use 12*

SteveCZ
Jan 28, 2017, 10:55 AM
as I mentioned AQs are extremely boring. After I once did like 4 hours of that thing I never want to do it again.

Honestly using maxed 12* multi-class isn't so bad if that's what you like. Play as you go and you'll be fine.

you need +35 13* to unlock level cap why bother to use 12*

He already said he doesn't like it (dealing with his sub or whatever). But he can do a collection file and grind it until it's done without even using it.

Flaoc
Jan 28, 2017, 11:03 AM
get a party of 4 and exit burst in urban vhaq .. its the only way to earn exp fast (its faster than lol td3 for example)

an alternate way is to run the mothership eq when it pops up (tmpa if possible) if you get 6 or 7 runs thats a lot of exp

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2017, 11:59 AM
Participate in braindead running around EQ and leech there to your hearts' content, nobody gonna give a damn.

Atmius
Jan 28, 2017, 12:06 PM
There's nothing notable at this point that will require level 80, and by the time there is (ie. episode 5 perhaps) they'll have lowered the requirements significantly so the regular playerbase can catch up easily. They've done it in the past a few times. Just think of it as a head start.

Masu
Jan 28, 2017, 02:25 PM
I bet there will be scheduled/unscheduled Falz Arms, Darker Den and Infested Mothership spam some time before the update.

NightfallG
Jan 28, 2017, 02:49 PM
There's nothing notable at this point that will require level 80, and by the time there is (ie. episode 5 perhaps) they'll have lowered the requirements significantly so the regular playerbase can catch up easily. They've done it in the past a few times. Just think of it as a head start.

It doesn't matter. Most will flock to whatever blocks are labeled ~expert~ which will require 80/80, +35 etc. despite the fact that once you're in there being a walking shitpost is easy as fuckin' cake.

People are worried about this because they don't want to get stuck in the ghost town ghetto, essentially. Considering the way the blocks work, that's a really legitimate worry.

Moffen
Jan 28, 2017, 03:20 PM
It doesn't matter. Most will flock to whatever blocks are labeled ~expert~ which will require 80/80, +35 etc. despite the fact that once you're in there being a walking shitpost is easy as fuckin' cake.

People are worried about this because they don't want to get stuck in the ghost town ghetto, essentially. Considering the way the blocks work, that's a really legitimate worry.

Honestly I feel like this could be fixed by having LESS blocks but expanding the block player capacity by quite a bit.
But uh,thats a smart idea.
So it probably wont happen :^)

Selphea
Jan 28, 2017, 03:39 PM
Considering how laggy their server architecture is, more players per block might cause their datacenter to explode :wacko:

Vatallus
Jan 28, 2017, 03:43 PM
Going to be a bore if I have to grind obviously inferior weapons to +35 on each class I play just so I can get lv 80.

doomdragon83
Jan 28, 2017, 03:43 PM
Honestly I feel like this could be fixed by having LESS blocks but expanding the block player capacity by quite a bit.

I made this exact suggestion in a thread some time ago. Because you need premium to get access to the whole block and not just the first half, they aren't going to increase block size and reduce amount of blocks.

jooozek
Jan 28, 2017, 04:10 PM
get fucked austere

Ahri
Jan 28, 2017, 07:58 PM
I'm ready for this level 80, I meet all the requirements 8-)

silo1991
Jan 28, 2017, 08:06 PM
gladly i meet the requirements for my main classes but for my subclass which is the hunter for both of my characters is going to be a hell

specially i dont have a 13* NT weapons , actually i use the seiga sword because of how bad i am with that class and is the only class i hate to play in my 3 years i have in the game

Tunga
Jan 28, 2017, 09:39 PM
They couldn't just have lvl 80 be accessible from the get go. Talk about drip feeding.

IMACOP
Jan 28, 2017, 10:12 PM
@OP

Just play and level your main normally, then switch to your sub whenever you turn in those COs or use +xp items. It'll be slow but it'll help some and eventually you'll get there with the sub. Well, that's what I did anyway, but I'm a solo player, so I needn't care about others...

IchijinKali
Jan 29, 2017, 12:50 AM
Curious how they are going to do it this time. I'm guessing titles again and account wide. Because I better not have to grind separate HU weapons for 3 of my characters just because they sub HU. Especially when none of them even use those weapons.

Kondibon
Jan 29, 2017, 12:52 AM
Curious how they are going to do it this time. I'm guessing titles again and account wide. Because I better not have to grind separate HU weapons for 3 of my characters just because they sub HU. Especially when none of them even use those weapons.The individual characters will have to have to have completed the SP COs, but you can just transfer the weapon through your storage

Flaoc
Jan 29, 2017, 01:03 AM
so alts forever at 75.. rip

Zangor17
Jan 29, 2017, 01:04 AM
and 13* NT gunslash wont count, because that would be too easy since every class can use gunslashes.

Selphea
Jan 29, 2017, 01:09 AM
You can just transfer class cubes over too can't you o.o

Kondibon
Jan 29, 2017, 01:13 AM
You can just transfer class cubes over too can't you o.oThat's true, you would still need more of them though.

IchijinKali
Jan 29, 2017, 03:21 AM
Not worried about class cubes since I'll probably do the same thing I did for completing the extra SP COs. HU/BR live katana shaq spam for a few weeks. Hell when I did that I didn't even reset my frickin tree so I had alot of wasted points -_-

NightfallG
Jan 29, 2017, 07:57 AM

It'll never happen because then it'd make premium obsolete in their eyes. I mean, it likely would on some ships considering all the 100% unused space that exists. Each block is its own miniature server essentially, right? So they're all on separate machines? Wouldn't it stand to reason, then, that having all those empty blocks is just wasting hardware?

Whatever. I doubt they've even done a cost/benefit analysis on the idea of cleaning up/consolidating the blocks.

rsod
Jan 29, 2017, 09:52 AM
It'll never happen because then it'd make premium obsolete in their eyes. I mean, it likely would on some ships considering all the 100% unused space that exists. Each block is its own miniature server essentially, right? So they're all on separate machines? Wouldn't it stand to reason, then, that having all those empty blocks is just wasting hardware?

Whatever. I doubt they've even done a cost/benefit analysis on the idea of cleaning up/consolidating the blocks.

I dont think blocks are on different servers in hardware way, but in software they are definitely. That also explains lag during popular eqs, if each block would be separate server there would be no difference between like elder eq when 5-6 blocks are totally filled up and mother with 30+ full blocks, and there is definitely a big difference. If blocks would not be separate servers at all, then there is no purpose for them to exist at all. But I highly doubt that it's 100-like hardware machines per one ship.

Honestly I don't know why they couldn't make so quests are running on a separate software server, different from lobby server, and make it so like 20 MPAs per server, and make then like 20 software servers per one hardware server. That would simplify things a lot and allows to get rid of blocks at all.

jooozek
Jan 29, 2017, 11:55 AM
each block isn't a separate server, a set of blocks is, i think it was around 6 blocks per IP, that was the case when the pso2 ship info site was still alive whatever many years/months ago it was but wasted hardware in 2017? i'd think that even the backwards sega would know how to scale but then again, they are shuffling up blocks so frequently that they might be actually physically adding/removing servers

Zorak000
Jan 29, 2017, 08:49 PM
can't wait for episode 5 to add a new class

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 29, 2017, 08:58 PM
^Same, I just hope it's not something stupid like a Bard/Singing class or something.

Moffen
Jan 29, 2017, 08:59 PM
I still want a tech/ranged class :c

SteveCZ
Jan 29, 2017, 09:11 PM
^Same, I just hope it's not something stupid like a Bard/Singing class or something.

We already have a conductor class. I think that's far enough.

Xaeris
Jan 29, 2017, 09:20 PM
Slicers. Whatever class comes next needs to come with slicers. Please, we're five years deep into a Phantasy Star game; it's silly we've gone this long without slicers as it is.

oratank
Jan 29, 2017, 09:42 PM
give me whip please (´・ω・`)

ZerotakerZX
Jan 30, 2017, 01:05 AM
So we need a tech-ranged class that uses whips and slicers? That's a tough call

Alenoir
Jan 30, 2017, 01:33 AM
Official announcement on the level cap unlock requirements. (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=10574)

Nothing we don't already know, but long story short:

Make a +35 rifle if you play RA or GU, make a +35 talis if you play FO or TE. Especially FO/TEs, do that talis before March 22 JST.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 30, 2017, 02:11 AM
Well, too bad gunslash trick won't work

IchijinKali
Jan 30, 2017, 02:50 AM
Official announcement on the level cap unlock requirements. (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=10574)

Nothing we don't already know, but long story short:

Make a +35 rifle if you play RA or GU, make a +35 talis if you play FO or TE. Especially FO/TEs, do that talis before March 22 JST.

Says 'Title' at top as well so safe to assume grind one HU weapon to 35 and you are done with all HUs. Which if so thank god don't have to grind 3 HU weapons I'll never even touch. Lets see if by title that means I need to grind a katana, rifle, talis, knuckle, dual blade, and partizan all before 22nd of March. So 6 weapons to cover all classes besides SU which just needs the tedium of feeding a pet to 120.

SteveCZ
Jan 30, 2017, 03:31 AM
Titles. Rejoyce to the alts. \o/

Sizustar
Jan 30, 2017, 04:08 AM
So it's title like expected~~

IMACOP
Jan 30, 2017, 04:23 AM
For the new level cap, did it say requiring both titles unlocked? A 35 weapon and the COs completed? I thought you just need either 1...

Sizustar
Jan 30, 2017, 04:24 AM
For the new level cap, did it say requiring both titles unlocked? A 35 weapon and the COs completed? I thought you just need either 1...

It's always been both.

Complete all SP CO and a dedicated weapon to +35

SteveCZ
Jan 30, 2017, 04:30 AM
Especially FO/TEs, do that talis before March 22 JST.

What's with it?

EvilMag
Jan 30, 2017, 05:24 AM
only thing i'm wondering is if I grind a weapon to +35 now will I still get the title when the update hits?

ZerotakerZX
Jan 30, 2017, 05:42 AM
only thing i'm wondering is if I grind a weapon to +35 now will I still get the title when the update hits?

Hey, even sega's silliness have its limits.

TheFanaticViper
Jan 30, 2017, 05:59 AM
Apparently SEGA has totally forgotten that Old Type weapons still exist ...

Vatallus
Jan 30, 2017, 06:35 AM
And that austere is still better than most if not all of the current 13* NT weapons.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 30, 2017, 06:46 AM
And that austere is still better than most if not all of the current 13* NT weapons.

it is?

GHNeko
Jan 30, 2017, 06:58 AM
it is?

austere loses basicall like 2-5 NTs, depending on which weapon type you play.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 30, 2017, 07:15 AM
They'd probably give an upgrade to Austere soon, just like Union series, probably.

Kondibon
Jan 30, 2017, 07:17 AM
They'd probably give an upgrade to Austere soon, just like Union series, probably.Astra is already better, just not by enough for people to want to switch after all the effort it takes to get and affix Austere.

EDIT: Austere's set bonus pushes it over though.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 30, 2017, 07:21 AM
They'd probably give an upgrade to Austere soon, just like Union series, probably.
I think they gonna make new astra superior series with soloMother.

SteveCZ
Jan 30, 2017, 07:48 AM
I think they gonna make new astra superior series with soloMother.

Good idea. Looking forward for the possibility.

Atmius
Jan 30, 2017, 07:49 AM
I dearly hope so, mothers units are too lackluster for what are the first real 12* units (I consider ray/amduq bosses to be the 'introductory' 12* units, kind of like saiki for 11*). I get the feeling they'll get a 'purified' version much like the invade > austere, with stats actually matching what they should have from the raid boss coming for the climax of episode 4. Them being black bugs me somewhat, given mother is white/blue in design. I doubt austere will get an upgrade at all, PD has done it's time, and the units are still absurdly rare.

Gestriden
Jan 30, 2017, 08:56 AM
Apparently SEGA has totally forgotten that Old Type weapons still exist ...

Uuh that was the whole point of NT weapons. They were never designed to "Fully Co-exist" with OT weapons. But they also couldn't just completely replace OT with NT wit how NT had the +35 and stuff. Sega has been shoving down NT as the replacement for OT for a long time. They even recently changed some of TD's OT drops to NT versions around Necky's time.

So yes Sega has forgotten OT exists but that's because they want to forget about it and want you to forget about it without straight up removing OTs from the game. Not defending them on it though they could have handled the transition from OT to NT better.

Alenoir
Jan 30, 2017, 12:12 PM
What's with it?

You only need a talis for both FO and TE.

Just work on 1200 2017 badges if you don't want to upgrade your talis. You have an entire year to come up with that much.

it is?

Only really the case for FO weapons. Every other weapon types have a equivalent, if not outright better NT weapon by now.

Maybe episode 5 or something, but for now, Profound is all about Ray/Union. Don't forget, that itself is already an "upgrade" from Invade.

Zorak000
Jan 30, 2017, 01:01 PM
the whole "can't wait for a new class thing" was more about the idea being held up on level 75 on a fresh class, when I would think we'd probably have some level 80 req content by the time ep5 happens.

but yeah bonus keys are the way to go; especially for those just playing casually.

the time-limitations on collection files might make the +35 req a little hard for somebody who doesn't play every day; especially if they come back from a break at the tail end of a major file like astra. 2017 badges might help once the event is over and the level-up quests hopefully return; I got a team member who was trying to run the Limited Quest on a non-expert block and they constantly were not making the time limit S-rank, and they only really see maybe 2 runs of Valentines EQ out there, so that just makes the badge grind even longer than it should be for somebody trying to catch up.

NPCs handing out weapons helps at least, if you are playing at the same time that there is an NPC handing out a weapon relevant to your class that is

Moffen
Jan 30, 2017, 02:48 PM
You only need a talis for both FO and TE.

Just work on 1200 2017 badges if you don't want to upgrade your talis. You have an entire year to come up with that much.

Only really the case for FO weapons. Every other weapon types have a equivalent, if not outright better NT weapon by now.

Maybe episode 5 or something, but for now, Profound is all about Ray/Union. Don't forget, that itself is already an "upgrade" from Invade.

Invade got upgraded to Austere,though in a more painful method.
Ray got upgraded to union.
I can imagine Astra getting upgraded to a white version that more accurately matches mothers colours sometime in the future.

They're testing a system with the Union,and if it works,I can see it happening a lot more often.

Nyansan
Jan 30, 2017, 08:28 PM
Speaking of Union, if you pause the update video on Sega's youtube channel Union's stats make it seem to be stronger than Austere but weaker than Astra (albeit by a few points). Can't say anything about the potential for Union though, if it sticks the same as with Ray

Kokurokoki
Jan 30, 2017, 09:43 PM
@OP

What I've been doing is running explorations and filling out all the collection and hunting COs. You can level up roughly once a day starting from level 55 if you just turn in 20 or so COs per area, and you don't even need to have it as a main class. It's great if you don't have people to party with for PSE Bursts in AQs.

Can anyone give me an estimate of exp earned per run in SHAQs? I haven't done them all that much so I can't really compare. I'm sure that they are better, but by how much I don't know.

jooozek
Jan 31, 2017, 09:55 PM
@OP

What I've been doing is running explorations and filling out all the collection and hunting COs. You can level up roughly once a day starting from level 55 if you just turn in 20 or so COs per area, and you don't even need to have it as a main class. It's great if you don't have people to party with for PSE Bursts in AQs.

Can anyone give me an estimate of exp earned per run in SHAQs? I haven't done them all that much so I can't really compare. I'm sure that they are better, but by how much I don't know.

i can't give you an estimate but i can tell you that SHAQs are worse than VHAQs because of 2 reasons: as enemies are much, much tankier so you can't steamroll with meme builds for levelling purposes in bursts and also the enemy infections starting with Super Hard can go only up to level 3 unlike in Very Hard and below up to 4, the only thing that gets you more exp in SHAQs are rare bosses and tagami mikazuchi

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 31, 2017, 10:30 PM
I'm one of them folks whom are sporting only Austeres and Orbits (for Br/Fi/Hu/Ra/Bo); I see no real reason to upgrade since the improvement isn't game changing.

But I do in fact have 6 copies of Astra Double-Sabers, 6 copies of Astra Twin-Daggers,6 copies of Astra Katanas and 6 Astra Rifles just to hoard 'cause might as well (I haven't +35 them yet). I don't have any NT Hu weaps, so probably gonna acquire them from Xie with badges.

But man, what a waste of meseta, time, and resources just to meet the requirement.

I dunno, man, I think I'm just gonna keep hoarding stuff and wait to see how the Union Series turn out; I don't want to waste my resources unnecessarily atm.

KazeSenoue
Jan 31, 2017, 11:27 PM
Moreover, there is no real way to quickly level up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTxr9xpmEZk

Ezodagrom
Feb 1, 2017, 07:29 AM
Can't say anything about the potential for Union though, if it sticks the same as with Ray
Union's potential has a different name than Ray's, no idea what it does though.

SteveCZ
Feb 1, 2017, 07:33 AM
Is it just me or is the recent pub for mother EQ takes twice longer than usual due to some folks chasing the SP CO using the classes they barely use for level cap? .-.

Atmius
Feb 1, 2017, 07:42 AM
That's been the case for most eq's since the announcement.

Nyansan
Feb 1, 2017, 08:17 AM
Union's potential has a different name than Ray's, no idea what it does though.

inb4 Union new potential is 12% damage up, 12% pp reduction and 12% damage reduction :wacko:

NightfallG
Feb 1, 2017, 10:28 AM
Well, I have a +35 rifle so I guess that works out. Now I just need to finish my astra sword, katana, and some twinblades either from the Valentines set or the Astra set to hit most of the marks.

Guess I should make a Talis too, but considering schedules is there even enough time for that? Especially taking into account the 2 day cooldown.

Anduril
Feb 1, 2017, 10:57 AM
Well, I have a +35 rifle so I guess that works out. Now I just need to finish my astra sword, katana, and some twinblades either from the Valentines set or the Astra set to hit most of the marks.

Guess I should make a Talis too, but considering schedules is there even enough time for that? Especially taking into account the 2 day cooldown.
The update is March 22, so just a bit under 2 months. It should be plenty of time.

silo1991
Feb 1, 2017, 12:17 PM
the only NT hunter weapon that i can grind to +35 is the master nezumi partizan but it demand freaking weaponoids things , where should i get that ?

Anduril
Feb 1, 2017, 12:23 PM
the only NT hunter weapon that i can grind to +35 is the master nezumi partizan but it demand freaking weaponoids things , where should i get that ?

It should have two potentials; the one that doesn't need the Weaponoid item (which are obtained by playing Weaponoid side stories in PSO2es) is Negative Blade (負討滅刃). If you already have the other potential on it, you can switch it at Dudu/Monica.

Morgan Fumi
Feb 1, 2017, 02:42 PM
The +35 requirement kind of makes me uneasy because most CFs are tied to scheduled EQs and my timezone prevents me from doing most scheduled EQs. Can't even do more than 2 mothers a week anymore because of Chocolate Way taking up schedule space.

Should be able to finish my Knuckles and one of my Braver weapons, but after that? Who even knows.

Edit: Derp, forgot about Xie. Not that great of an alternative, but its something.

Kokurokoki
Feb 1, 2017, 03:55 PM
So just a heads up, 18-20 COs will give you about 200k exp. I tested it out by running tundra. When I got back, my EXP requirement was at about 1m, after turning in about 16 or so COs it went down to about 800k.

So there you have it. Some areas might give more because they have more client orders to fill. I recommend going to the areas where they have you collect 30 of a certain type of stone as that gives a nice 30k exp. Probably not as good as AQs, but for those of us who can't find people to run it with it's likely the next best thing.

Anduril
Feb 1, 2017, 04:32 PM
A single Tokyo Gold quest with 50% Daily Triboost, a 100% Triboost, a 75% EXP, Premium drink, and a Donut just got me 3 class cubes. So remember, run your dailies.

rsod
Feb 1, 2017, 04:43 PM
A single Tokyo Gold quest with 50% Daily Triboost, a 100% Triboost, a 75% EXP, Premium drink, and a Donut just got me 3 class cubes. So remember, run your dailies.

tokyo gold never drops :o