PDA

View Full Version : So they're adding PVP content?

Etherwolf
Jan 28, 2017, 11:20 AM
GUESS I'LL HAVE TO START PLAYING AGAIN. Opinions on this?

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2017, 11:55 AM
It'll be nice to enjoy for a while, then it'll fade to obscurity, like Challange did

Kintama
Jan 28, 2017, 12:12 PM
babymode pvp, nobody into pvp likes having the build they spent so much time on forbidden in that mode.
I do get the bigger picture in that you can't have pvp with wb,ct,banish and lol katana combat though...

Alenoir
Jan 28, 2017, 02:37 PM
Squid ink mode, I'm fine with it.

IchijinKali
Jan 28, 2017, 03:03 PM
Really? PVP? Really thats what gets you to come back? Alright short version worthless crap. Long version action RPG PVP combat is never balanced or worth doing. Isn't that right PSO?

jooozek
Jan 28, 2017, 04:08 PM
can't wait for inevitable "pwned you scrub" autoword

SmolNeko
Jan 28, 2017, 04:42 PM
can't wait for inevitable "pwned you scrub" autoword

{pur}Taste the darkness of my soul, let hell flow through you! {red}GUREN-TESSEN!!!!!

{pur}Nothing personnel kid

pls report my party for sucking
omg don't play RA she SUCKS

TehCubey
Jan 28, 2017, 08:01 PM
Unless Sega introduces a real matchmaking mechanism for this, get rid of any ideas of it being "serious" pvp. It'll be a gimmick mode at most, with a bunch of titles attached and rewards that quickly become inconsequential once people realize how easy it is to game the system - oops, we should've seen that coming.

.razor.
Jan 28, 2017, 10:00 PM
ewwww pvp

Alenoir
Jan 28, 2017, 10:14 PM
Some info before people start going all crazy over what's not even going to be the case:

- It takes place in a challenge lobby style lobby, which means set skill, set level, set everything.

- No, you're not going to use your +35 Eternal Psycho Drive in there, set weapon.

- It's more like a capture the flag mode, except you guys are trying to collect stars.

- Only one weapon from each base class it seems. No, there were no katana shown. No, there is no Guren.

Edit: Actual footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQqL1U8HUE

loafhero
Jan 28, 2017, 11:34 PM
That's right, all your gear means nothing. EVERYONE starts off equal and you can't expect to start off with your preferred weapon. Weapons are picked up at the start of the stage and are determined by RnG. You like Swords but never even touched a Rod before? Too bad! You should've spent more time experimenting with different classes!

Want access to all PAs? Nope! Only two PAs are allowed and the game already decided what PAs are suited for a competitive playground!

Hoping that your tiny lolita character has a smaller hitbox? HA! Those blue rings you see your opponents running around with ARE the hitboxes!

Yes, you have to use actual SKILL and basic understanding of the game's mechanics to play this decently!

.razor.
Jan 29, 2017, 12:09 AM
Yes, you have to use actual SKILL and basic understanding of the game's mechanics to play this decently!

>pso2
>actual skill

kek

TehCubey
Jan 29, 2017, 12:18 AM
Did anyone seriously expect that Sega will let them keep gear/builds for this mode?

IchijinKali
Jan 29, 2017, 12:45 AM
Edit: Actual footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQqL1U8HUE

After watching that all I can say is Splatoon says hi.

rsod
Jan 29, 2017, 02:23 AM
Did anyone seriously expect that Sega will let them keep gear/builds for this mode?

well br/hu with combat escape and iron will and automate and so would be just OP and nobody would play any other class... this game is not designed for pvp from what I can tell, and it's probably not the best idea to incorporate it now.

And actually with that pvp there is a thing - "don't want - don't go". I dont think that there will be any really valuable rewards, maybe some mediocre units like ideals and weapon camo and mag devices and so.

Zysets
Jan 29, 2017, 02:47 AM
I really don't think the intention of Battle Arena is anything but introducing another new mode for the hell of it. I mean, there's issues, but it looks fun, I'd love to get all my friends together so we can play this and goof around, looks great.

Kondibon
Jan 29, 2017, 02:54 AM
I really don't think the intention of Battle Arena is anything but introducing another new mode for the hell of it. I mean, there's issues, but it looks fun, I'd love to get all my friends together so we can play this and goof around, looks great.Basically. I'm pretty sure they only added it because people seemed to want it. At most I imagine you'd get some CMs out of it.

yoshiblue
Jan 29, 2017, 02:58 AM
As much as I like PvP, i'm not impressed. People die far too fast and it seems too much like mindless swinging around and random coin collecting. If it had goals like Fantasy Earth Zero or a potential "Make or Break" with kill medal collection similar to FFXIV's PvP, I might like it.

Vintasticvin
Jan 29, 2017, 12:45 PM
This looks fun, like really fun and had me thinking of Kingdom Hearts 2's struggle battle thing during the intro portion of the game. I think I can get into this nicely but its still going to be funny and annoying to see the edgelords' autowords

Alenoir
Jan 29, 2017, 02:06 PM
As much as I like PvP, i'm not impressed. People die far too fast and it seems too much like mindless swinging around and random coin collecting. If it had goals like Fantasy Earth Zero or a potential "Make or Break" with kill medal collection similar to FFXIV's PvP, I might like it.

They did another match after that, will go look up for a link to that one. Basically, after a while, rainbow stars start rapid spawning in a circle in the middle of the field, and they add a lot of points or something? So... good chance to get a lot of points, also the biggest target ever because there's nowhere to hide in there.

Edit: I guess SEGA themselves have the entire thing on their channel... Skip to 16:40 for the second round if the link below doesn't work.

https://youtu.be/UrpLsnpG44k?t=16m40s

Second round is a bit more of Nasu and Nakanishi hitting each other.

Kokurokoki
Jan 30, 2017, 09:53 PM
This gamemode looks like hot garbage.

How about fixing the skill system first before you start throwing in PvP SEGA... :/

Alenoir
Jan 31, 2017, 03:39 AM
This gamemode looks like hot garbage.

How about fixing the skill system first before you start throwing in PvP SEGA... :/

They always welcome feedback. (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/login/?ref=players%2Fsupport%2Finquiry%2F%3Fmode%3Dopini on)

Angelo
Jan 31, 2017, 07:44 AM
I hope they give us the option to play with all of our gear and level like in PSO1. It wasn't balanced at all but it was really fun to just start a Battle room with your friends and just dick around smacking eachother.

nguuuquaaa
Jan 31, 2017, 07:51 AM
I hope they give us the option to play with all of our gear and level like in PSO1. It wasn't balanced at all but it was really fun to just start a Battle room with your friends and just dick around smacking eachother.

I swear if I'm hit by an Ilbarta a gazillion kilometers across the map I'm gonna be mad instead of feeling fun.
PSO2 combat system is waaaaaaaaaay too imbalanced to be practically possible to implement non-pre-determined PvP.

Alenoir
Jan 31, 2017, 12:01 PM

They are not going to do that. You should've expected universal skill set/weapons the moment you saw challenge quest style lobby.

My friend can hit shits from across the entire map with Rafoie by going into TPS and just aiming at the direction of the dots on the minimap. I'm sure you don't want that. At all.

GHNeko
Jan 31, 2017, 04:11 PM
people asking for non-restricted pvp really cant imagine how stupid pvp would be considering the things that high skill level players can do lol.

SolRiver
Feb 1, 2017, 11:57 AM
Lol non-restricted pvp, katana combat will be a requirement.

Arada
Feb 1, 2017, 01:19 PM
Lower ping than japanese players, toi.

sasagi.jp
Feb 1, 2017, 06:19 PM
Skill use effect.

Massive Hunter
http://i.imgur.com/oeYuCON.jpg
?
http://i.imgur.com/UxRih0y.jpg
injury shot
http://i.imgur.com/LvHYCiM.jpg

I think there are things still hidden.

Z-0
Feb 2, 2017, 05:42 AM
Non-restricted PvP would be absolutely hilarious though.

It wouldn't give rewards, but it'd be a fun option to dick around in with your friends.

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2017, 07:06 AM
Non-restricted PvP would be absolutely hilarious though.
I agree. I think we're past the days of games having completely for fun bonus modes though, which is a shame. 3:

Ziel
Feb 2, 2017, 07:34 AM
people asking for non-restricted pvp really cant imagine how stupid pvp would be considering the things that high skill level players can do lol.

"High skill" as in "best ping and 1st hit gets the kill" then yes. There are PAs that simply are unlimited range, "stick" to the target like ilbarta (or w/e the ice rune is called, i dont Fo so please correct me if i got it wrong) hitscan (hits instantly, no projectile, aiming doesnt matter) like one-point which btw hits around 50-100 per hit on a supper crappy tier 4* weapon.

Need i remind those who want to conserve builds and gear for pvp that most of us have less than 1200 hp? A Friggin Dagan on SH has more hp than insert-the-lol-im-tank-guy-name-here could dream of.

People who want to conserve their stuff for pvp think it would be fun but then would rage when they realize someone with a 6-9* katana can own them using katana combat and normal hit spam whitout even JA-ing, or better yet they own a fo just to get pwned by a spining rune that will explode on them no matter what they do because damage output wouldn´t matter once you can hit 1200 with any PA/normal attacks and their flashy austere +40 matters not.

Also...

ewwww pvp

Z-0
Feb 2, 2017, 09:25 AM
No, "high skill" refers to the multitudes of cancels and executions you can do in order to do various things such as attacking faster and extending dodges (Step can be extended infinitely if you know what to do).

Ilbarta, for example, can be casted to its final cast in about 2, maybe 3, seconds with the proper cancels.

Ziel
Feb 2, 2017, 10:31 AM
No, "high skill" refers to the multitudes of cancels and executions you can do in order to do various things such as attacking faster and extending dodges (Step can be extended infinitely if you know what to do).

Ilbarta, for example, can be casted to its final cast in about 2, maybe 3, seconds with the proper cancels.

Still needs Nipponland-tier ping so you can time the dodges and cancels like the weapon switching Fi-combos (´・ω・`)

TehCubey
Feb 2, 2017, 04:31 PM
Unlimited pvp would be fun only until you get repeatedly owned by someone with much better gear and/or cheesier build.

But then, everyone thinks they'll be the ones owning others. No one thinks they'll be the ones getting owned.