PDA

View Full Version : Gtx 1070, Horrible performance

KlTSUNE
Feb 1, 2017, 06:30 PM
So if I'm playing a game like Overwatch my fps is around 100 at epic settings... when I switch to pso2 I feel like the game is deffinently not running at over 30fps... no matter what setting/framerate i put it on. I heard one answer saying change my user data frame rate... but my user data doesn't have this setting... any help would be nice... thanks

*I have already tried adjusting the frame rate.

Shoterxx
Feb 1, 2017, 06:42 PM
CPU?
Disk type?

Kondibon
Feb 1, 2017, 09:09 PM
*I have already tried adjusting the frame rate.Adjusting it where? In the game settings?

Sizustar
Feb 1, 2017, 10:08 PM
Adjusting it where? In the game settings?

Probabely in the launcher?

Flaoc
Feb 1, 2017, 10:23 PM
in the user file located in pso2 folder in documents.. can adjust the frame limit to whatever you want it to be

loafhero
Feb 1, 2017, 10:34 PM
If you're using the PSO2 Tweaker, you can go to "PSO2 Settings" and change the framerate limit.

Keilyn
Feb 2, 2017, 12:36 AM
My own solution:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
After following these steps you will have the following:

~Fresh Install of the latest version of your drivers along with PhysX, etc.
~Fresh Install of Direct X9c
~Fresh settings for Nvidia Control Panel and Nvidia Inspector
~Settings input into PSO-2 that register with your hardware.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Download a GPU Clean Uninstall Tool.

This will completely uninstall your video drivers in full from your registry and system.
Make sure that no trace of Nvidia or ATI exists on the Add/Remove Programs list in the Control Panel.

2) Download Direct X9c. (Do not install it yet. Keep it on your desktop)

Although we are in the age of DirectX11 and DirectX12, a lot of the world's most popular games run on Direct X9c. Download Direct X9c and this will prevent older games on newer technology from skipping a beat and forcing you into Software Rendering or Partial Rendering (Very Dangerous) Mode.

3) Download a Fresh Copy of your Video Card Drivers from the main site (Nvidia)
4) Reboot the System itself.
5) The sign you have no video card driver installed is when you reboot and the system finds no driver and uses the default driver. Your resolution should be initially very low and the icons very big.

Install in the following Order:

Direct X9c
Nvidia Drivers

6) Reboot your system to make sure everything loads fresh.
7) Follow Agent Falco or Loafhero's suggestion

Falco's if you know your way around computers
Loafhero's if you do not know your way around computers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no reason why you shouldn't be Free and Clear in your settings after this.
Good Luck and Happy Gaming.

Tunga
Feb 3, 2017, 11:15 PM
when I switch to pso2 I feel like the game is deffinently not running at over 30fps...

Did you verify it with a tool? I just leave this game uncapped. Even at 180fps the game feels kinda choppy lol.