PDA

View Full Version : Dose anyone get banned after using SweetFX?

selenite
Feb 3, 2017, 09:52 AM
I would like to know that Dose someone get banned after using this program. thank you very much

Horo The Wise Wolf
Feb 3, 2017, 09:54 AM
No you cannot get banned for using SweetFX

Sizustar
Feb 3, 2017, 10:20 AM
No, and why would you think that?

selenite
Feb 3, 2017, 10:23 AM
No, and why would you think that?

Because this program inject .dll file to game and I have never use it. So I would like to ask about how much risk for using this program. Thank you.

wefwq
Feb 6, 2017, 05:58 AM
They have no way to tell if you use SweetFx or not, since it doesn't alter command sent to game server, and it doesn't alter game behaviour in any way since SweetFx work just like filter to your game screen for yourself to see.

Shoterxx
Feb 6, 2017, 08:39 AM
They have no way to tell if you use SweetFx or not, since it doesn't alter command sent to game server, and it doesn't alter game behavior in any way since SweetFx work just like filter to your game screen for yourself to see.

Uh, no. SweetFX intercepts calls from between the game and the DirectX API, and injects its own code in there. Gameguard should (but doesn't) detect modifications to the code, and that data can be (but isn't, AFAIK) sent to the servers. However, even if something dubious is detected, its unlikely that they act upon it, since bugs and other non-harmful applications (such as anti-virus) may trigger such detections.

In this game, in the current scenario, there shouldn't be any issues though, and there is no good reason for them to appear now.

Sirius-91
Feb 6, 2017, 03:07 PM
Uh, no. SweetFX intercepts calls from between the game and the DirectX API, and injects its own code in there. Gameguard should (but doesn't) detect modifications to the code, and that data can be (but isn't, AFAIK) sent to the servers. However, even if something dubious is detected, its unlikely that they act upon it, since bugs and other non-harmful applications (such as anti-virus) may trigger such detections.

In this game, in the current scenario, there shouldn't be any issues though, and there is no good reason for them to appear now.

Gameguard only reacts if you're editing/sending packet data or modifying GG calls. The game will accept just about anything sent to it once the proper handshake is received.

Shoterxx
Feb 6, 2017, 06:54 PM
Gameguard only reacts if you're editing/sending packet data or modifying GG calls. The game will accept just about anything sent to it once the proper handshake is received.

I'd swear it reacts to more than just that, but I'm no expert.