PDA

View Full Version : why is Ship 2 so trash at the V-Day EQ?

ArcaneTechs
Feb 4, 2017, 09:25 PM
Outside org run excuse, why are majority of the players so garbage at this EQ? none of it is difficult (subjective, gtfo with this) and its the same everytime you run it. Geared good or bad (mostly bad) people are so dam terrible Eng or JP (mostly Eng). It's almost never this bad on other ships ( i say almost as in it can happen, not that its always perfect)

the hell man, someone explain this to me
-Right too hard cuz Duvals op
-People too stupid to keep bosses and Gels away from Gel turret
-Everyone goes straight for Goron instead of split on mobs and Goron to keep poison arrows away
-Left side can't handle mobs quick enough, apprently too op
-Right side can't anything there either
-Deadlion can be a chase game sometimes because lol let me run across the map with aggro
-7min+ runs
-waiting on each side for about 2-3mins etc

Can anything help the Eng community get good or because "it's a causal game" (based off Solo PD specs, ppl still complain its hard) or "lol its just vidya gaems bruh".

Blah rant off, salt levels high, anger of a million suns etc "bruh just get off ship 2 lulz"

Playing on Block 17 is never a go plus its pretty much no block is safe at this point

this is just so infuriating sometimes with this ship, im just baffled why this trend just cant die off

Selphea
Feb 4, 2017, 09:30 PM
How many pub runs are you getting per EQ pop?

ArcaneTechs
Feb 4, 2017, 09:32 PM
How many pub runs are you getting per EQ pop?
Average is about 5-6 an EQ (on evening EQ's granted JP are playing), sometimes 7-8 but thats only with full on JP mpa's, Gaijin hours are like lol almost 4 runs

jooozek
Feb 4, 2017, 09:37 PM
Average is about 5-6 an EQ (on evening EQ's granted JP are playing), sometimes 7-8 but thats only with full on JP mpa's, Gaijin hours are like lol almost 4 runs

nice bait

ArcaneTechs
Feb 4, 2017, 09:41 PM
nice bait
ya you wish i was baiting man, i honestly wish i was too but ship 2 is so shit when it comes to running almost anything. UQ runs? nothing says fun like 10-15min UQ runs!

Saagonsa
Feb 4, 2017, 09:54 PM
I don't know if you're joking, but in my experiance ships 4 and 7 most definitely do not average more than 4-5 runs per eq session. You're probably not seeing better than that beyond lucky pub setup or a good private mpa.

Xaelouse
Feb 4, 2017, 09:59 PM
still complaining about pugs in the year of our lord 2017

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 4, 2017, 10:05 PM
My PUG Life experience:

Generally, pugs only manages 5 runs per EQ interval; I have never gotten more than 5 runs, and I just don't think it's possible with pugs unless one's insanely lucky.

Also, I always take the right route without fail--as RaHu--and notice that most of the time, no one wants to man the turret to annihilate the Gell Wulfs so I'm the schmuck who's always doing it after I immediately wb the two mini bosses.

Ahri
Feb 4, 2017, 10:08 PM
The reason is simple, they seek to raise the cap class (cos of NPC for skill point) and thus have gear very bad, that I guess. :/

ArcaneTechs
Feb 4, 2017, 10:10 PM
I don't know if you're joking, but in my experiance ships 4 and 7 most definitely do not average more than 4-5 runs per eq session. You're probably not seeing better than that beyond lucky pub setup or a good private mpa.
completely serious

still complaining about pugs in the year of our lord 2017
>still using Ideal units in 2017
>still using 9* Gal units
>still can't grind units all the way
>still can't grind NT weapons all the way
>still affixing random Gal Gryphon unit affixes on to Austere Units
>still being complete shit at this game despite how much easier they made it over all these years

Bruh when you can stop HU/SU'ing in my mpa's and when you can solo Duval or Goron on your own as a HU/SU call me (but dont call me)

morkie
Feb 4, 2017, 10:15 PM
ship 2 is a mess now and filled with newbie..old players already quit...

Moffen
Feb 4, 2017, 10:16 PM
completely serious

>still using Ideal units in 2017
>still using 9* Gal units
>still can't grind units all the way
>still can't grind NT weapons all the way
>still affixing random Gal Gryphon unit affixes on to Austere Units
>still being complete shit at this game despite how much easier they made it over all these years

Bruh when you can stop HU/SU'ing in my mpa's and when you can solo Duval or Goron on your own as a HU/SU call me (but dont call me)

>complaining about a viable build
e l o h e l

Vatallus
Feb 4, 2017, 10:50 PM
Casting zondeel to gather the Goldrahdas on the left side is too hard for some people.

Flaoc
Feb 4, 2017, 10:53 PM
calling hu/su viable... rayylmao

ArcaneTechs
Feb 4, 2017, 10:59 PM
>complaining about a viable build
e l o h e l
>viable
Oh man what a knee slapper, its a complete shit class, if your doing x/SU anything, your bottom tier bro, i dont care how you argue it, everyone I meet that is x/SU is genuinely terrible in terms of damage.

If you can solo CURRENT PD with hu/su WITH HU weps (since apparently you dont use pets) then link me your playthrough

Meme classes are a blight on this game especially among West players (and JP), this needs to stop, nothing but cancer players at this point

SteveCZ
Feb 4, 2017, 11:24 PM
Pub is pub. It should be a legendary permanent pso2 quote already, but I know the feels.

Masu
Feb 4, 2017, 11:56 PM
Left side is always faster and very often it could be even faster if the damn group left at least one turret alive to let me bomb Golds with my marrons. BUT NOOOOO everyone try to save their ass because it seems they are no tough enough to stand before some damn turrets WHILE I take plenty of shots with Alter Ego ON and DONT DIE.
+
There are are some fu**ing dumbass who have fun destroying turrets just to bother Su players or they are fucking blind but I experienced some who really did it on purpose. So what I do if someone do that is that I sit in a corner and watch him/her demonstrating all his/her might (which fail 90% of time). I'm watching at you Katana Br. PERIOD. They might think Su can't do good damage without them it seems. Too bad it is not true anymore. There are Fo and Te who seems to not be aware they can buff people too. I guess that's the point of creating wide support ring :wacko:.

echofaith
Feb 5, 2017, 12:45 AM
completely serious

Just want to point that the main appeal of playing husu is being able to solo stuff with minimal effort :p
Not a good combo in an MPA when you arent really alone, but I would also argue that hu/* in general for MPAs isnt either.

Vatallus
Feb 5, 2017, 12:51 AM
I like when I am playing Fo/Te and standing infront of the darker turrets because I want to be poisoned - then someone comes along and breaks them.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 5, 2017, 01:15 AM
Just want to point that the main appeal of playing husu is being able to solo stuff with minimal effort :p
Not a good combo in an MPA when you arent really alone, but I would also argue that hu/* in general for MPAs isnt either.
the problem is that its inefficient and because most people look up "meme" classes and end up maining these with the mentality of "why level up another class" end up using these for pug runs and they become a burden for everyone else

otakun
Feb 5, 2017, 01:47 AM
the problem is that its inefficient and because most people look up "meme" classes and end up maining these with the mentality of "why level up another class" end up using these for pug runs and they become a burden for everyone else

How about you quit bitching and transfer? probably cause you trollin' after a husu out dps'd you.

isCasted
Feb 5, 2017, 01:51 AM
How about people learn how to cooperate in cooperative missions? If Hu/Su is a good solo build, then do everything solo with it, don't touch MPAs.

sparab
Feb 5, 2017, 02:20 AM

I am on ship 1 and can confirm the average JP pug is 3-5 runs. 6 only if no emperor spawn and not a single leech in mpa.

Even organized can't do 7-8 on average, quit complaining.

Flaoc
Feb 5, 2017, 02:37 AM

uhm... what? you have to be trolling

Selphea
Feb 5, 2017, 02:51 AM
Most pubs are OK at 5 to 6 mins-ish for me, just that the 3 minutes or so spent waiting around at 12/12 tend to slow it down. I notice that if I go right, runs tend to go faster though

echofaith
Feb 5, 2017, 02:55 AM

Bringing the inefficent card into play would kill a lot of "non meme" builds though. I mean, if you compare accepted combos like hufi, bohu, gura or even brhu to say a fote, they are all inefficent :/

Meta build doesnt mean you will perfom better if your dont have the player skills needed for it. In fact, it may end up being counter productive. Like going full PP for max dps without a single HP affix or craft on a fote. This means that you will need to guard/dodge more often to avoid fatal 1hkos, but if you play too defensive your dps plumets, hence why you need the skills to pull off such builds. And of course, dying also affects both your dps and whoever that mooned you.

While I agree that meme builds can be annoying, I prefer those over tryhards with bad skill attempting to use pro builds, which end up being worse. At least with a mindless class like hufi, brhu or even husu, I know that a bad player cant possibly mess up as bad as a fote or fihu that keeps dying during the whole eq.

milranduil
Feb 5, 2017, 02:59 AM
I am on ship 1 and can confirm the average JP pug is 3-5 runs. 6 only if no emperor spawn and not a single leech in mpa.

pair is 3 run, day time is 4 run, jp time is 5 run, organized is 6-9 depending on players and organization

SteveCZ
Feb 5, 2017, 03:04 AM
... I notice that if I go right, runs tend to go faster though

Mine is left so far.

Meta build doesnt mean you will perfom better if your dont have the player skills needed for it. In fact, it may end up being counter productive. Like going full PP for max dps without a single HP affix or craft on a fote. This means that you will need to guard/dodge more often to avoid fatal 1hkos, but if you play too defensive your dps plumets, hence why you need the skills to pull off such builds. And of course, dying also affects both your dps and whoever that mooned you.

While I agree that meme builds can be annoying, I prefer those over tryhards with bad skill attempting to use pro builds, which end up being worse. At least with a mindless class like hufi, brhu or even husu, I know that a bad player cant possibly mess up as bad as a fote or fihu that keeps dying during the whole eq.

The thing is, since we talk about this EQ, the enemies died instantly with high DPS. What makes people die more often is because the enemies stay longer due to lack of DPS to kill them, exposing themselves more on enemy attacks.

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2017, 04:31 AM
Aaaaand there it is. That's it. I'm done. I don't care anymore.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 5, 2017, 04:59 AM
How about you quit bitching and transfer? probably cause you trollin' after a husu out dps'd you.
bruh i say HU/SU because its literally the trash that is flowing about more commonly, HU/SU out dps me? thats a good joke, stick to your Block 01 containment.

Just an fyi, I don't main Ship02 but i have a few characters I'm trying to get bingo's and CF's done there and it's consistently terrible

How about people learn how to cooperate in cooperative missions? If Hu/Su is a good solo build, then do everything solo with it, don't touch MPAs.
problem is people won't do this, they want to participate like everyone else in w/e EQ thats comes up (which is fine) but the least they could do is a class combo thats I suppose "meant" for mpa's but again, why spend time leveling another class when I can get carried with HU/SU mentality?

Average has been 5-6 even with Emperor spawning but however, if you bothered to keep up with some of the top players on different servers, you'd notice that 8 runs was doable and done literally first day of this EQ

Bringing the inefficent card into play would kill a lot of "non meme" builds though. I mean, if you compare accepted combos like hufi, bohu, gura or even brhu to say a fote, they are all inefficent :/

I'm not looking into getting to the HP vs PP debate but i mean its the same reason I tell people to try and get off automate because you rely on that too much and then when you play other classes you die more because your used to being auto-healed instead of learning to dodge and block enemy attacks/patterns.

Aaaaand there it is. That's it. I'm done. I don't care anymore.
not sure what your even referring too, i got some guesses i suppose

rsod
Feb 5, 2017, 05:17 AM
1) Everyone just leveling subclass, getting class cubes, because of upcoming level cap.
2) This eq is... not too exciting. CF is trash, drops are trash, design and enemies... after 300+ amduscia runs I'm getting sick of UQ enemies. There are no really much reasons to come on that eq for geared and leveled people.

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2017, 05:22 AM
not sure what your even referring too, i got some guesses i suppose
It's hard to enjoy the game when I already know I'm going to be trash no matter what because of how bad I play.

isCasted
Feb 5, 2017, 05:37 AM
One thing is not being good enough but trying to learn and get better, and another thing is deliberately gimping yourself by using a meme combo in random parties. The latter is just being an asshole, and hating assholes is a normal, human thing.

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2017, 05:41 AM
The latter is just being an asshole, and hating assholes is a normal, human thing.That would explain why I hate every single person in this thread.

Xaelouse
Feb 5, 2017, 05:57 AM
Hate is a strong term. The questionable balance of the game is not our fault. Truthfully, everyone wants everyone to succeed. Bringing worse class combos hinders your amount of rewards too after all. Even some legit class combos is considered bad for max runs.

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2017, 06:01 AM
Hate is a strong term.Its not strong enough really.

SteveCZ
Feb 5, 2017, 06:19 AM
Hate is a strong term. The questionable balance of the game is not our fault. Truthfully, everyone wants everyone to succeed. Bringing worse class combos hinders your amount of rewards too after all. Even some legit class combos is considered bad for max runs.

I don't care much on what people want to be in PSO2 with whatever build they have. Their aim to play PSO2 differs one to another to enjoy the game the way they want.

However, the rant is about how slow the pub MPA of that EQ is. So someone telling something like hu/su is viable in that EQ is like giving a big slap to the op's face if he believes that build does not contribute at all. So in this case, I can agree with you there.

It'll be a different thing if the thread is about how fun it is to tank the mobs in that EQ with his vid just for the luls. I'll definitely not like to see the posts saying how bad/not viable hu/su is, cause that's not the point of that thread.

But hey, sadly some people here tend to mix things and get offended really quickly. :wacko:

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2017, 06:30 AM
Ok, now that I've composed my thoughts. My problem is that people keep complaining about problems instead of trying to do something about them. You don't HAVE to pug. All this time spent complaining on a forum that only a fraction of the playerbase even looks at, let alone frequents is pointless. You could be spending all that energy writing a guide or organizing your own groups. There's multiple hours between scheduled EQs. There's no excuse. No one ever listens when I say a small organized group can outperform a full pug easily, and no one actually cares about how long the runs take. They just want to shift all the blame for bad runs on anyone but themselves.
All this crap about getting better is bullshit when people won't even take the goddamn time to make their own groups. People go on about how this is a team game and people are supposed to be cooperating, yet they won't actually put the effort into finding people willing to cooperate. If whining on the forums is a better use of your time than planning their next run do you REALLY care how long it takes?

IchijinKali
Feb 5, 2017, 07:45 AM
Ok, now that I've composed my thoughts. My problem is that people keep complaining about problems instead of trying to do something about them. You don't HAVE to pug. All this time spent complaining on a forum that only a fraction of the playerbase even looks at, let alone frequents is pointless. You could be spending all that energy writing a guide or organizing your own groups. There's multiple hours between scheduled EQs. There's no excuse. No one ever listens when I say a small organized group can outperform a full pug easily, and no one actually cares about how long the runs take. They just want to shift all the blame for bad runs on anyone but themselves.
All this crap about getting better is bullshit when people won't even take the goddamn time to make their own groups. People go on about how this is a team game and people are supposed to be cooperating, yet they won't actually put the effort into finding people willing to cooperate. If whining on the forums is a better use of your time than planning their next run do you REALLY care how long it takes?

https://thirtymilesofcorruption.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/3213623821584399612.gif?w=300&h=221

Personally I'm happy when I manage to get 5 runs but if I don't I don't care. I only care to see emps at end of run, I'm not after anything else.

Macmaxi
Feb 5, 2017, 07:57 AM
i'd rather play more of the game than getting kicked back to campship every 2 minutes tbh

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2017, 08:16 AM
i'd rather play more of the game than getting kicked back to campship every 2 minutes tbhWhat I was saying goes both ways honestly. It's one thing to run a bad build because you don't know any better, because that's all you have, or because you aren't good enough for harder to use stuff, but running something that slows everything down for the sake of slowing everything down is also something you should have your own groups for.

Macmaxi
Feb 5, 2017, 08:26 AM
b-but i can solo pd, i swear im g-good *hides ideal units*

rsod
Feb 5, 2017, 08:31 AM
What is so bad about ideal units? Any other good units requires either luck to get them or premium. And ideals are not bad at all, especially combined with 12* arm.

Macmaxi
Feb 5, 2017, 08:35 AM
because it means we would have to play the game more and that's the last thing we want to do right

Zephyrion
Feb 5, 2017, 08:40 AM
b-but i can solo pd, i swear im g-good *hides ideal units*

There is nothing wrong with Ideal unit, aside from their lack of PP, and how you play affects damage as much as gear does so no worries.

To chime in on what was said earlier, you gotta respect the fact that everyone runs EQ for different reasons and that, as a sensible player, even if your goal is to go as fast as possible and get 6 runs and above, you shouldn't dump your expectations on other people, especially with how wide the span of experience/gear/skill/whatever can be between players

What currently happens is not the player's fault but SEGA's. Because of their poor implementation of Expert blocks, people who feel compelled to go to Expert blocks because 90% of the XH population is there will do tank builds, and probably won't have other class combos to offer. A large majority of them will eventually shift to more damage-efficient builds, but it takes time. Only a minority do this just for the sake of trolling and won't search for an alternative. And again, unless SEGA decides to flesh out Expert blocks and give them a clear goal (like how much of the playerbase should be in it : they are promoted as a block for a minority of players, but constitute 80% of XH blocks, which is so silly, and that silliness will probably stay as is), you've just got to deal with the hand you've got, or as Kondibon said, make things move yourself by trying to run as many organized groups as you can

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2017, 08:53 AM
because it means we would have to play the game more and that's the last thing we want to do rightWhen everything is on a timer, yes actually, you do want to spend a little time as possible to get as many runs as you can. Different people enjoy different things, and trying to force your idea of what you find fun on other people makes you just as bad. :/

Macmaxi
Feb 5, 2017, 08:57 AM
i actually mostly just do one run and then dont go again because i don't like the idea of doing the same thing 5 times for no reason, but you have my word that i will try to defeat the enemies at the utmost of my abilities

Selphea
Feb 5, 2017, 09:01 AM
The difference between a 5-run and an 8-run needs waaaay more coordination than can possibly be done in a pug, because you start going into things like spawn camping and PB timing and someone with super loading to portal rush.

Ryna
Feb 5, 2017, 09:12 AM
I'm locking this thread up since it has ran its course.