PDA

View Full Version : union vs astra vs gix

Flaoc
Feb 8, 2017, 09:19 AM
Gix:

all: universally starts at 6% and powers up over time until it hits 20% (or was it 8%.. fk i cant remember)
melee: 70s to full power do not use mates
ranged (and bouncer and wand) : 50s to full power do not get hit
tech: 60s to full power do not mirage

Astra:
12% damage 40% on hit pp regen

Union:
10% damage 10% native regen 5% damage reduction 10% pp reduction

special ability factors:

gix: Sentence Power/Shoot/Technique (3 seperate ones depending on attack type, +20 atk +4 pp )

astra: phrase response ( +5% on hit regen)

Union (and to that extent ray as well) : A S T R A L S O U L B O I Z (+35 all +35 HP +5 PP)

isCasted
Feb 8, 2017, 09:23 AM
Union for Light and maybe Fire Rod and Talis, because those 10% PP reduction and passive regen will help spamming things massively.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 8, 2017, 09:33 AM
Yes, Tech weapons for Union series, and the rest remains the same.

MysticAura
Feb 8, 2017, 10:32 AM
Union for Light and maybe Fire Rod and Talis, because those 10% PP reduction and passive regen will help spamming things massively.

It depends. Astra's melee PP regen is massive. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but for a 3 hit combo (with rod shoot 3+ and PP restorate 10) you get over 60 PP. A generic rod will give you around 45. Using orbit potential 1 for the same amount of time is something like 39 PP, if using orbit rod in melee both potentials are about the same and in the 50's range. Union rod's 10% passive PP gen is only worth about 1.5 PP per 3 hit melee combo. Multiply by 1.10 to factor in the lower use cost of techs and it's not as much PP as you get from Astra.

If you wanted to absolutely maximize PP, you would use Orbit for times when you can't get into melee range (possibly orbit potential 1 for compounds), Union for attacking or PP regen while in mirage, and Astra for melee PP regen and compounds.

Also keep in mind that the passive PP regen rate's impact on tech use will depend on charge time. Concentrated techs won't feel much difference. Power techs with long charge times will benefit more. As an example the effective PP cost reduction with Union on charged Concentrated Ragrants is only 10.7%. For charged Ice Fang Ilbarta it's 13.6%. For Namegid, it's 15.8%.

SteveCZ
Feb 8, 2017, 10:49 AM
Just get Astras and get the hell with 14*s when you get them. Forget the numbers. Honestly. LoooL.

Sorry I'm just too disappointed with the fried ounions.

echofaith
Feb 8, 2017, 10:49 AM
I am weird because I still prefer using an orbit over using any of those. Sure, I can swap to orbit and main any of the others, but with the small damage difference they offer, along with the time it takes to swap it(cause I play on controller), I prefer to go orbit 24/7 instead :S

If I had to pick though, I know for sure Gix wouldnt be my choice. Not being able to swap to a different weapon, plus having to play extra careful seems like it will hinder me more than it will help me.

Zysets
Feb 8, 2017, 05:24 PM
I am weird because I still prefer using an orbit over using any of those.

100% Agree, I use Orbit knuckles, with Astra TD and Gix DS. For what I use knuckles for, Orbit works just fine, and it's more useful as a PP battery for me, I see no reason to upgrade those yet.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 8, 2017, 08:10 PM
Just get the ones you like the most look wise as well as orbits. They all destroy anything atm anyways.

Eternal255
Feb 9, 2017, 09:35 PM
I'm still using double cannon and Austere TD. This new shits not worth the upgrade.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 9, 2017, 09:52 PM
This new shits not worth the upgrade.

P'much what I'm thinking for the most part. Missed my chance for gix katana, so I may as well stay with austere since union and astra are within ~2% damage

morkie
Feb 9, 2017, 11:45 PM
P'much what I'm thinking for the most part. Missed my chance for gix katana, so I may as well stay with austere since union and astra are within ~2% damage

whats the gap between astra and union? in full grind includes special ability?
i dont know if i burn messeta with those xie weapon to try these solo PD

Flaoc
Feb 10, 2017, 12:10 AM
oh right ill edit my main post to put this detail

special ability factor

gix: Sentence Power/Shoot/Technique (3 seperate ones depending on wep attack type, +20 atk +4 pp )

astra: phrase response ( +5% on hit regen)

Union (and to that extent ray as well) : A S T R A L S O U L B O I Z (+35 all +35 HP +5 PP)

ZerotakerZX
Feb 10, 2017, 12:15 AM

I think Gix won't be as helpfull on SoloPD, cause it's latent will be too hard to maintain. So its either Astra, or if it isn't good enough, you maybe consider using Xie.

martinmeegan
Feb 10, 2017, 02:12 AM
This thread.....it's almost like Fornis doesn't exist.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 10, 2017, 02:29 AM
This thread.....it's almost like Fornis doesn't exist.

few elemtns and few weapon types, few classes. Its pretty niche.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 10, 2017, 02:55 AM
few elemtns and few weapon types, few classes. Its pretty niche.

my only interest in Fornis is for JB....assuming of course element change does indeed count for "Weapon attribute" from the potential...if so very nice

mr.chills
Feb 10, 2017, 04:26 AM
im thinking union for rifle since it combos well with orbit chair
its niftier and thriftier than austere along with pp bullet save
astra pp doesnt help until you're out of wb
considering the amount of switching back and forth gix ra weps never appealed to me

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 10, 2017, 08:39 AM

For katanas, astra is about 2% stronger than union.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 10, 2017, 08:54 AM
my only interest in Fornis is for JB....assuming of course element change does indeed count for "Weapon attribute" from the potential...if so very nice

that way it would be best fornis evah.

Zephyrion
Feb 10, 2017, 11:22 AM
Discussion is kinda pointless since the choice you make between the three depends on your weapon, playstyle and situation (Fornis is the best weapon but only in some situations. raid bosses get pawned so hard by it tho, I'd definitely take this one if we're talking solo PD)

As far as general use go, I'd personally go like this (again reflects my playstyle, taste and so on so you got to think for yourself what would suit you best)

Sword, Wired,Katana, DS, TD : I'd go for Gix because the potential is so easy to sustain, and those weapons don't have much problem in terms of PP management (especially katana). You could of course consider Astra for Wired and DS because of normal PP recovery, or make either of these your orbit choice

Partizan,Knuckles, Jet Boots, Dual Blades, TMG Bow, Gunslash, Wand : Aside from Partizan and Dual Blades which could really be either Union, Astra or Gix, I'd much prefer Astra for all these because their PP normal recovery is insane already, and get further enhanced by Astra's potential. this extra recovery is welcome since most of these are also PP eaters !

Rifle, Launcher, Rod,Talis : Here again, Rifle and Launcher could be either series, or even orbit, but I'd prefer Union because these can't really exploit the extra perks of Gix and Astra's potential. for Rod and Talis, well you probably need several of them anyway, but I'd really favour Union for main elements : PP regen and PP consumption reduction both have a great synergy with charge PP revival skill, PP restore and PP convert, so they are pretty much Kuron Talis with slightly more PP consumption, but much more damage.

All of this to say that really, which is the strongest here depends mostly on what you need for your weapon. I've even excluded some other series like Form to keep this simple, but really you got to think for yourself which weapon would be best !

MysticAura
Feb 10, 2017, 11:37 AM
oh right ill edit my main post to put this detail

special ability factor

gix: phrase something something

I think Gix is "Sentence Power/Shoot/Technique"

For katanas, astra is about 2% stronger than union.

For raw damage, but the more I think about it, the more I think Astra is overall better. The PP regen might as well function as a 20-30% damage boost. Even for Tech users, the 10% regen on Union doesn't really provide much extra usable PP. It would be useful for recharging between fights but it's totally outclassed by Orbit.

The way I look at is Astra will deal more damage when you're full on PP. When you need to regen, one normal combo with Astra weapons will very likely give you 2 PA's/Techs of PP to use. With Union, you may only get 1 PA's worth of PP.

It's only an issue if you want to absolutely max your damage as both weapons are more than good enough for any existing content, but I think Astra has a slight lead.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 10, 2017, 11:40 AM
Discussion is kinda pointless since the choice you make between the three depends on your weapon, playstyle and situation (Fornis is the best weapon but only in some situations. raid bosses get pawned so hard by it tho, I'd definitely take this one if we're talking solo PD)

As far as general use go, I'd personally go like this (again reflects my playstyle, taste and so on so you got to think for yourself what would suit you best)

Sword, Wired,Katana, DS, TD : I'd go for Gix because the potential is so easy to sustain, and those weapons don't have much problem in terms of PP management (especially katana). You could of course consider Astra for Wired and DS because of normal PP recovery, or make either of these your orbit choice

Partizan,Knuckles, Jet Boots, Dual Blades, TMG Bow, Gunslash, Wand : Aside from Partizan and Dual Blades which could really be either Union, Astra or Gix, I'd much prefer Astra for all these because their PP normal recovery is insane already, and get further enhanced by Astra's potential. this extra recovery is welcome since most of these are also PP eaters !

Rifle, Launcher, Rod,Talis : Here again, Rifle and Launcher could be either series, or even orbit, but I'd prefer Union because these can't really exploit the extra perks of Gix and Astra's potential. for Rod and Talis, well you probably need several of them anyway, but I'd really favour Union for main elements : PP regen and PP consumption reduction both have a great synergy with charge PP revival skill, PP restore and PP convert, so they are pretty much Kuron Talis with slightly more PP consumption, but much more damage.

All of this to say that really, which is the strongest here depends mostly on what you need for your weapon. I've even excluded some other series like Form to keep this simple, but really you got to think for yourself which weapon would be best !
Its not pointless, since you kinda just made your point and someone might accept it for its justification.

Zephyrion
Feb 10, 2017, 12:39 PM
Its not pointless, since you kinda just made your point and someone might accept it for its justification.

Yeah I phrased it wrong, I just meant by that that finding which is "dabess ever" between those could go forever, since there is no clear winner, and I wanted to show why I think that by explaing how I'd take weapons from each series depending on my needs !

Flaoc
Feb 10, 2017, 03:15 PM
I think Gix is "Sentence Power/Shoot/Technique"

oh fixed now