PDA

View Full Version : Solo PD Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Selphea
Feb 9, 2017, 09:37 AM
There wasn't one so I'm making one :p Also searched through Youtube to find S-rank playthroughs for each class to get an idea of the strats: http://fulldive.nu/2017/02/09/all-classes-solo-pd/

TehCubey
Feb 9, 2017, 10:33 AM
I really hope you didn't have Neek and the like in mind when writing about "decently-geared" characters. That guy is a beast, if his gear counts only as decent then I don't know what's good.

SteveCZ
Feb 9, 2017, 10:36 AM
I like the gunner. cause SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH 300k 300k 300k 300k BOOOM

Nice post btw. )b

Selphea
Feb 9, 2017, 10:40 AM
I really hope you didn't have Neek and the like in mind when writing about "decently-geared" characters. That guy is a beast, if his gear counts only as decent then I don't know what's good.

The average godlike JP gets <8 minutes, so there's enough room to be 20% worse in skill and 20% worse in gear and still make an S rank!

Meteor Weapon
Feb 9, 2017, 11:33 AM
The only problem i have with PD solo is time limit and Double's goddamn car, oh well I just gotta gitgud get a decent affix.

Joker-NT
Feb 9, 2017, 12:10 PM
The Braver had 4000 ATK... :|

ZerotakerZX
Feb 9, 2017, 12:27 PM

that's a lot

The average godlike JP gets <8 minutes, so there's enough room to be 20% worse in skill and 20% worse in gear and still make an S rank!

and also 20% better ping

Kondibon
Feb 9, 2017, 12:33 PM
I can't do it. Time to uninstall.

Alenoir
Feb 9, 2017, 12:52 PM
The only problem i have with PD solo is time limit and Double's goddamn car, oh well I just gotta gitgud get a decent affix.

The only problem I have with the cars is panic.

So, Lv20 Panic Ring, go!

elryan
Feb 9, 2017, 01:08 PM
It's amusing how the braver spams 99% Guren Tessen and still ranked S.

I should try that.

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 9, 2017, 01:15 PM
WL one is just insanely fast mashing the button or is the button in autofire? ;_;

ZerotakerZX
Feb 9, 2017, 01:18 PM
WL one is just insanely fast mashing the button or is the button in autofire? ;_;

I would bet on autofire

Zorak000
Feb 9, 2017, 02:11 PM
I saw a few pictures of people claiming they did it with a stock ungrinded Doublesaber NT in about 15ish minutes; probably more that the doublesaber ring and fighter's raw atk boost skills really do a lot of work

here was one of them
https://twitter.com/korin_pso2/status/829651345212706817

Loveless62
Feb 9, 2017, 03:08 PM
The only problem I have with the cars is panic.

So, Lv20 Panic Ring, go!
There is also a Prevent Panic effect from timed abilities. I know this because the 4K ATK braver was using it!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 9, 2017, 05:45 PM
The panic isn't the worst part about the cars.

It's the goddamn hitstun and the fact they move faster than players at full speed after 2nd tonuge phase.

Also getting hit by PD's charge I couldn't see coming because he attacked from UNDER the arena is so very fair. I deserve that 1400 damage.

Already cleared once, and I seriously don't want to go through this shit again for S rank.

Poyonche
Feb 9, 2017, 05:47 PM
FDYSIUFDSYIUFGDSO

I was at Xiao's last message (even tho i didn't kill Persona), 30 sec, PBF perempted. I did my best.

I failed.

Selphea
Feb 9, 2017, 05:47 PM
One time I was blinded by static from the phase change when it did the flyby :( !

Ezodagrom
Feb 9, 2017, 05:49 PM
FDYSIUFDSYIUFGDSO

I was at Xiao's last message (even tho i didn't kill Persona), 30 sec, PBF perempted. I did my best.

I failed.
I lost at persona, now I feel bad. <-<;

Neith
Feb 9, 2017, 05:54 PM
For the cars (once Double and the cars speed up), I found that running in fairly tight circles helped. Similar kind of trick to the old Vol Opt ver.2 trick on PSO (where you'd run in circles to avoid the homing trap shot). Before Double speeds up, the cars are easy to avoid but I found that once they speed up, you get caught if you're running straight.

I still die, just not to the cars :wacko: Not my kind of mission at all; I'll stick to the 12-man one :lol:

RadiantLegend
Feb 9, 2017, 06:16 PM
So like only 1% will be able to srank clear the solo eq.

Frosslass
Feb 9, 2017, 06:23 PM

Well, you also have to consider that they're using timed ability on their units, team buff, shifta drink and ギクスバシュト. I would've liked to see what their affixes were for their gear.

Great Pan
Feb 9, 2017, 07:11 PM
This is a complete suicide mission. Can't even got into Double's second half.

kurokyosuke
Feb 9, 2017, 07:34 PM
Managed to beat my original BrHu clear time of 17:14 with 15:36. I messed up a couple times, but I don't think I can get it any faster than 15 mins. About how much more ATK would I need to be able to get S? Using Ophsteia, I had 2804 S-ATK with a Lv. 5 ATK tree buff, and used PP drink with PA damage up buff

SteveCZ
Feb 9, 2017, 07:42 PM
I finished upgrading my Ray rear and leg, but to be honest I never get lower than 12 min as Fighter. :-(
I'm using +65 atk gears with no timed abilities, +35 Astra weapons, 8% atk team tree (lv 2), shifta drink, and that shifta boots. I sold my +150 gear too soon. Lolool.

But most often it's just my positioning than DPS, and now I'm lack of triggers to train more. Probably gonna do the 12-man mpa one, it might really help.

It's really fun. :nerd:

Shadowstarkirby
Feb 9, 2017, 07:47 PM
S-Rank'd it on my Fi/Hu in 10:50. It's hard. Fi needs to LB religiously and possibly get lucky back to back Iron Will + Never Give Up damage immunity if you want to clear this in sub 12 minutes if you don't have absurd ATK affixes. Double also has to not be a bitch and spin>thrust>laser so much in succession so you can hit the bits.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 9, 2017, 08:07 PM
So like only 1% will be able to srank clear the solo eq.

Nah. It wont be so bad to clear if more people actually bother to take their xie game genie-weapons.

red1228
Feb 9, 2017, 09:19 PM
Like a few others here, I cleared it once (took me 16minutes, though) and won't be touching it again. The rewards for the amount of effort required just aren't there.

Also, fuck Double. Just everything about Double can go fall off a cliff. I felt it was unnecessary padding to get the real boss fight (Profound Darkness) and it is DEFINITELY a time waster in this solo EQ.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 9, 2017, 09:48 PM
Got the Union gunslash and leg so I'll probably not buy anymore trigger. Clear it extremely casual with TE/HU in 13:52 tho, eating Double's cars/castle and PD's grab/charge without worry. The talis, rod and katana and maybe knuckle can be grind slowly in a month I guess.

silo1991
Feb 9, 2017, 11:33 PM
i havent cleared the quest and i dont think i will . my question is how many price stuff for zieg you won per run

kurokyosuke
Feb 9, 2017, 11:43 PM
i havent cleared the quest and i dont think i will . my question is how many price stuff for zieg you won per run

I'll assume I can translate that question as, "How many Union Boosters can you get per run?". You'll receive 1 as a quest reward if you get S, and you're guaranteed to get 1 as a drop from the crystal at the end. You also get 4 as a title reward for clearing it once, solo.

Masu
Feb 10, 2017, 12:17 AM
Am sitting on 2.4k badges and have not even yet made an attempt for this solo eq...Just wanted to read the feedbacks first and wow it's super NOT encouraging lol I plan to try as Hu/Fi anyway. My usual set is Kaiser/Orbit 115/6 115/9 120/6 with just 100hp affixe so I'm under 1k hp... That's why I switch to Dedleon Arm (lazy affix Quartz/Pow-Spi III/Mut II) when playing this class combo and so it broke my comfortable 176pp to 154 (roughly). I think it's better for proc pp slayer too. I sit at just above 3k s atk with my Astra 130/5. All this to ask am I best using Kaiser/Orbit and take guts drink or go Dedleon with another drink? Considering the amount of badges I have is it worth getting Xie's sword to maximize my (small) chances to succeed? Knowing how much my ping is shit I guess I'll won't make it anyway. :etongue: Technically I want just 1 successful run to upgrade a Ray unit

Selphea
Feb 10, 2017, 12:25 AM
at 2.4k badges, probably a +32 Xie sword and Kaiser Orbit

Nyansan
Feb 10, 2017, 12:42 AM
Am sitting on 2.4k badges and have not even yet made an attempt for this solo eq...Just wanted to read the feedbacks first and wow it's super NOT encouraging lol I plan to try as Hu/Fi anyway. My usual set is Kaiser/Orbit 115/6 115/9 120/6 with just 100hp affixe so I'm under 1k hp... That's why I switch to Dedleon Arm (lazy affix Quartz/Pow-Spi III/Mut II) when playing this class combo and so it broke my comfortable 176pp to 154 (roughly). I think it's better for proc pp slayer too. I sit at just above 3k s atk with my Astra 130/5. All this to ask am I best using Kaiser/Orbit and take guts drink or go Dedleon with another drink? Considering the amount of badges I have is it worth getting Xie's sword to maximize my (small) chances to succeed? Knowing how much my ping is shit I guess I'll won't make it anyway. :etongue: Technically I want just 1 successful run to upgrade a Ray unit

IMO it's better to go all attack and just watch out for attacks, as well as openings of when to go all in on the offensive.
Also, for practice you can run the scheduled one on solo to save badges. Learn attack patterns and stuff, as you can retry that one as many times as you like if you die. It helps ALOT especially on learning how to dodge double cars (which IMO is the most bull part of the quest)
I'd recommend Xie sword but seeing as you would only want 1 successful run I don't think it's really worth the trouble considering you're gonna trash it afterwards

Masu
Feb 10, 2017, 01:11 AM
D'oh it's true that scheduled solo do not require badges *facedesk*. Well am saying I just want 1 successful run to at least upgrade this unit...all depend on how it will get on my nerves as I'm not very fond of PD EQ to be honest ^^; I have 3 +32 Ray weapons to max out. Still debating if they will finish as Astral soul fodders or eventually get turned into Union (Rod for "into melee" Ragrant spam and compound especially)
So I will test and see if I get that Xie sword. Thanks to both of you :-)

loafhero
Feb 10, 2017, 01:17 AM
Even as someone who has suffered those dreaded clown cars a number of times, I still can't get over how funny their "weakness" are.

Anyway, Solo PD's a bitch but seeing those amazing HU/FI videos keep me wanting more.

Nyansan
Feb 10, 2017, 01:38 AM
Well to even the odds, you can get the following:

Attack Team Buff
Timed Abilities (ARKS fleet 3 for your respective attack)
Cuisine (either Jerky or Meat Stirfry; jerky gives 50hp 5pp while Meat Stirfry gives 100 to all 3 attacks + 50hp)

Also, if you're farming for Ray still you can attend the regular PD AND still be able to do the solo one. So ideally, do MPA PD first then use the remaining time to learn/experiment on the solo one. Save your badges for when you wanna 'farm' the solo one (actually at this point i'm not surprised if Sega nerfs the quest abit, given at how many still havent passed even among the japanese community)

SteveCZ
Feb 10, 2017, 01:38 AM
I think Gunslash deserves its own post as well. Maybe someone can find another one faster, but this one is good enough as a reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fIwiXWVb7I

Selphea
Feb 10, 2017, 01:48 AM
Yea that Gunslash S Rank is too badass :3 I guess I should put it in its own section

Keilyn
Feb 10, 2017, 02:47 AM
I like that Gunslash video a lot.
Gunslash (and Twin Daggers) are my favorite weapons in PSO-2.

What keeps me from taking PSO-2 seriously or making it my main game is the fact that the game's environment is too unstable for my taste. PSO-2 is maintained intentionally in a state of transition, making the game unstable and tough for me to enjoy. The game is extremely volatile to the player's time to the point that all I can really vouch to be stable are the player rooms and fashion. Once the game becomes stable and starts to offer more than a typical BETA, I will return to it.

Xaelouse
Feb 10, 2017, 04:44 AM
After many 996/1000 a-ranks filled with lots of bullshit, I finally s-ranked this garbage quest with bouncer.
It was also the only run where I actually died to persona DPS check.
I'm only happy about being able to down double consistently in 3:30-4:30. PD can get fucked with his walls and binding bullets

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 10, 2017, 01:03 PM
What does the S rank title translate to in english anyway?

Z-0
Feb 10, 2017, 01:07 PM
I'm not great at natural sounding translations, but it's along the lines of "The Hero that challenged the deepest darkness"

Someone else can come up with a better / more natural sounding translation I'm sure

Indignation211
Feb 10, 2017, 03:46 PM
Nah. It wont be so bad to clear if more people actually bother to take their xie game genie-weapons.
Xie weapons dont make up for lack of god tier skill... trust me I can personally attest to that.

Kondibon
Feb 10, 2017, 03:49 PM
Xie weapons dont make up for lack of god tier skill...I don't think you need god tier skill. I'm helltrash and I still almost did it.

Suirano
Feb 10, 2017, 04:15 PM
I haven't gotten any Xie weapons yet and just go in with Astra DB and have beaten it twice. Double's cars are the primary thing that messes me up. It's not the panic but its getting hit by them all at the same time if I make one mistake. Haven't S ranked it yet though and am currently getting badges to make a Xie weapon just to make it less annoying. Oh yeah, BoHu here.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 10, 2017, 04:21 PM
I don't think you need god tier skill. I'm helltrash and I still almost did it.

Almost

Kondibon
Feb 10, 2017, 04:30 PM
AlmostMy point is that someone even slightly better than me could have. Heck, I probably can, I just don't care enough.

sparab
Feb 10, 2017, 05:52 PM
Not being able to clear solo PD is no problem. You get the best and rarest equipment from luck and connection with sega, not skill.

"We wish not to give good items through difficult content." - Sakai

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 10, 2017, 06:09 PM
Not being able to clear solo PD is no problem. You get the best and rarest equipment from luck and connection with sega, not skill.

Was still nice to get my bow upgraded for no real meseta cost.

Zephyrion
Feb 10, 2017, 07:06 PM

well Union is more of a sidegrade than anythng groundbreaking, really so I don't think SEGA came back on their words : Union is only around + 90-110 ATK compared to Ray, with a little extra oomph on pot, you could go Astra and wouldn't change much in the grand scheme of things. and if your poor Ray can't get its Union promotion, you can still use the file to + 35 them and get dat juicy Astral Soul SAF

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 10, 2017, 09:43 PM
http://i.imgsafe.org/e7a7c9e466.jpg

I think I'm done with this.

KazukiQZ
Feb 10, 2017, 09:51 PM
Got S-rank 3 times so far, in a row even. Latest one is:
http://puu.sh/tXJua/d85c8ed19e.jpg

Getting around 10:13 to 11:10 between the 3 runs. Pretty much depend on Double's RNGness action.

Also, does PA Damage Boost drink effect works on tech? If not, what's the best drink to go with? Still Weakhit Damage Boost?

Zulastar
Feb 10, 2017, 09:56 PM
Still 17.45 T_T But 100% stable clear. I have on BrHu only 2800 SAtk... with my 90 Satk affixes and without food, pots, timed abilities ('cause I dunno how to get them ^^) and team buff I heard of ('cause I can't join any good team due to language isshue T_T).

You've post here videos of top Japanese with maxed out Atk parameter... it can't be use as a guide to me 'cause we're playn' different games with them due to ping=300 even with a proxy. And I'm like to see how S-rank it with average states not maxed out tought >_<

Masu
Feb 10, 2017, 10:11 PM
Welp did 3 attempts and all failed. One because I got rekt and the 2 others got stopped prematurely cause rage quit. I followed Zephyrion advices and watched religiously some yt runs. Am sorry but what I'm experiencing as nothing in common with what I watched, like if Double looks super passive on videos when it's bumping everywhere when I'm playing (yeah I did not reached PD). I have known the old 8-bits days where some few/single pixel(s) determined if you hit or miss but I guess I'm too old to deal with this prehistorical shit today. Most hit boxes are borked to death in this game, camera is crazy half of the time, who the fuck had the brilliant idea to bound lock and center camera on same button (and not being able to modify this setting), do they even play their own game? I want s-rank run videos of all the staff who work on gameplay of this game. I guess I will wait a long while before to see it.
/rant off

Edit: Also congrats to the ones who managed to do it b

Maulcun
Feb 10, 2017, 10:44 PM
This guy finished the Solo PD using a basic Sword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5HxB20n3P0

Zulastar
Feb 10, 2017, 10:50 PM
Godlike units and no ping. Nuff said.

loafhero
Feb 11, 2017, 12:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5HxB20n3P0

Skill.

Alenoir
Feb 11, 2017, 01:07 AM
who the fuck had the brilliant idea to bound lock and center camera on same button (and not being able to modify this setting)

?

Can't you just change lock to hold button instead of one press? That way you need to actually hold to keep lock going, otherwise it functions just fine as center camera.

Masu
Feb 11, 2017, 01:45 AM
?

Can't you just change lock to hold button instead of one press? That way you need to actually hold to keep lock going, otherwise it functions just fine as center camera.
That's what I already do and yes but no because if there are multiple target/part (like...always?) and you want to rotate camera (while you lock) with right stick then it switch target. It's plain unpractical a way or another. I mean one function is fighting/overwriting the other. I crossed my fingers when they announced a ps4 version but no it remains the same bullshit. Meanwhile they make useless 'adjustment' like :this pet will be closer of player..Sorry sega you failed Wanda still poke through counter:-P Meanwhile when you use Wanda/Jinga assault it is sometimes stopped by an invisible wall but this don't need to be fixed because not the kind of critical gameplay issue *sigh* Even the targetting is borked, like I'm right in front of rodos jaws and the damn game make me lock something behind .How many wb/chain I've wasted because of this. Wb you can quickly fix the mistake but not chain :l

Welp topic is derailing. Did some more attempts and made it to PD but I won't try anymore. So I :X

Zulastar
Feb 11, 2017, 02:44 AM
Well I tried that SuGu stuff like on video... It's unreal 2'nd phase end there: I've done like 4-5 mil dmg on these limbs and phase didn't changes until 3 minutes left and I'm ran out of mates so PD itself easily finish me off with it's damage spam.
AND THERES NO SUCH DAMAGE SPAM ON VIDEO! Iike endless red shower from the sky which chases me in every corner of an area.

kurokyosuke
Feb 11, 2017, 03:17 AM
Managed to beat my original BrHu clear time of 17:14 with 15:36. I messed up a couple times, but I don't think I can get it any faster than 15 mins. About how much more ATK would I need to be able to get S? Using Ophsteia, I had 2804 S-ATK with a Lv. 5 ATK tree buff, and used PP drink with PA damage up buff

Without even using Team Tree buff, I just beat this record with 14:14 (2641 S-ATK + PP drink w/ PA Damage Up). Now I wonder if I can pull off 12 mins with just the tree buff, or if I need another 100 or so S-ATK...

ZerotakerZX
Feb 11, 2017, 03:19 AM
That's what I already do and yes but no because if there are multiple target/part (like...always?) and you want to rotate camera (while you lock) with right stick then it switch target. It's plain unpractical a way or another. I mean one function is fighting/overwriting the other. I crossed my fingers when they announced a ps4 version but no it remains the same bullshit. Meanwhile they make useless 'adjustment' like :this pet will be closer of player..Sorry sega you failed Wanda still poke through counter:-P Meanwhile when you use Wanda/Jinga assault it is sometimes stopped by an invisible wall but this don't need to be fixed because not the kind of critical gameplay issue *sigh* Even the targetting is borked, like I'm right in front of rodos jaws and the damn game make me lock something behind .How many wb/chain I've wasted because of this. Wb you can quickly fix the mistake but not chain :l

Welp topic is derailing. Did some more attempts and made it to PD but I won't try anymore. So I :X

You can disable right stick target switching

SteveCZ
Feb 11, 2017, 03:51 AM
Still stuck at 14 min with Fi. I am that bad. *throws away my Fi ring* :dead:

Flaoc
Feb 11, 2017, 03:59 AM
guess ill just toss my could have defo been a lot better 1* wep clear

ps: double is the most luck based fight ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6xFewwmdsQ

SmolNeko
Feb 11, 2017, 08:15 AM
Without even using Team Tree buff, I just beat this record with 14:14 (2641 S-ATK + PP drink w/ PA Damage Up). Now I wonder if I can pull off 12 mins with just the tree buff, or if I need another 100 or so S-ATK...

My biggest advice to anyone is to not hunt bits, focus your DPS entirely on PDs parts, and arm on the later phase. When parts come to you, break them there. It's the best way to guarantee an s-rank. PP + PA dmg drink is the best, it's 10% damage up, use team tree for certain. You can also buy a franka food that gives 100atk for 30 minutes.

Saffran
Feb 11, 2017, 08:26 AM
At the moment I'm still having issues with Double to be honest. It's not difficult or dangerous, it just takes too much time.
What's the HP ratio for Double and PD? Can I assume I will run out of time if I don't get Double down within, say, 8 minutes?

TehCubey
Feb 11, 2017, 09:49 AM
I found myself wasting a lot of time on Double not during breaking legs, but after - when its tongue comes out. That's the part where you're supposed to finish it off quickly, but I have trouble clinching the deal fast enough which means Double will either fly or summon cars at least one more time before it's dead.

FiHu people, what PAs do you use here?

ZerotakerZX
Feb 11, 2017, 10:35 AM
I found myself wasting a lot of time on Double not during breaking legs, but after - when its tongue comes out. That's the part where you're supposed to finish it off quickly, but I have trouble clinching the deal fast enough which means Double will either fly or summon cars at least one more time before it's dead.

FiHu people, what PAs do you use here?

you may better watch S rank video of FiHu cast. I mean, Fi can be pretty verstile. you certainly will learn some apt tactics https://youtu.be/1xUnvTuKK2A

TehCubey
Feb 11, 2017, 11:12 AM
I already watched this video. Neek has crazy damage that lets him wreck Double before it even starts to spin. I do not.

Selphea
Feb 11, 2017, 11:16 AM
There might be some way to Graptor the previous tongues such that its HP threshold is really low when it finally sticks it out for the last time.

The tongue tanks about 300k to 500k (need to check more closely) before retracting, so if you can do say, 290k~490k before Graptor explodes and overdamage it a few times, that last tongue stick out should be easy to burn.

Zephyrion
Feb 11, 2017, 11:22 AM
Speaking of graptor, here is a partizan run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTYrrtErqyQ

TehCubey
Feb 11, 2017, 12:45 PM
After some reviewing I managed to get a 5 minute Double kill, which is a fastest run for me so far. No need to overhaul PA use much, what I needed was better execution.

SteveCZ
Feb 11, 2017, 12:57 PM
Speaking of graptor, here is a partizan run

That 58 hp at the end. O.o

Zephyrion
Feb 11, 2017, 02:04 PM
Took me some time but at last (yeah could have posted that in accomplishment but it's nothing that fancy in the end)

TE/BR S-Rank clear in 11:34

http://i.imgur.com/y0L4voF.png?1

Vatallus
Feb 11, 2017, 04:10 PM
ffffffff 13 minute run.

Think I'm starting to get the hang of this. Still running it as Fi/Hu with Twin Daggers. I think I need to work on dealing with Double more than PD at this point. Double ate 5 minutes of time again.

I decided to make 60 light +31 Neo Twin Daggers. As expected, and it was probably pretty obvious - the damage is lower than my 60 light Austere. The only redeeming factor of these weapons is the 40% resistance increase during this quest. Unless you are playing with less than 800 HP nothing should be able to one shot you. (save for Persona's nuke though)

In the end I'm more willing to use limit break now that most attacks only hit for 100-200 damage. I just need to figure out where and how to improve myself against Double.

Edit:

If it isn't obvious from some of my post before... I don't use automate build. I always found automate meh. I understand how useful it is but it isn't something I want.

Raujinn
Feb 11, 2017, 09:41 PM
Managed to S-rank it at 11:16 as Sword HuFi. I am not good at video games so this was a pretty tough trial. I was gettin times around 12 : xx so it was like one good double pattern and I'll get it...

nguuuquaaa
Feb 11, 2017, 11:29 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/SphWvso.png[/spoiler-box]
I give up. TE/HU has too low DPS for this shit.

Flaoc
Feb 11, 2017, 11:30 PM
this fight is way too rng for me.. when you lose a sub 6:XX run because pd decided it would be a great idea to fly around for a full min in its 2nd phase.. yes that freaking long.. sucks too cause double actually had okish rng that run for once

Tenlade
Feb 12, 2017, 11:50 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/SphWvso.png[/spoiler-box]
I give up. TE/HU has too low DPS for this shit.

whats your skilltree/stats? I cannot even clear the quest in 20 minutes With my te/hu as it is.
So far the only te/hu video I've found has them clearing it with less then 30 seconds remaining.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 12, 2017, 01:03 PM
whats your skilltree/stats? I cannot even clear the quest in 20 minutes With my te/hu as it is.
So far the only te/hu video I've found has them clearing it with less then 30 seconds remaining.

Don't mind Fury Critical, it's an universal HU tree. (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11eAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdOdBIbl2IbIbINGAqnIdJksKI20000006doIn0000000 jdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000fdBdAidrBqxdFkbsNI kfGAcAIn000007bIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j)
Full buff stat with ~100 SAtk from Timed Ability.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/wuXDcMg.png[/spoiler-box]

Should probably factor in Form Scythe too, as TE/HU without Form wand is even weaker than a gunslash user.

Tenlade
Feb 12, 2017, 02:56 PM
Don't mind Fury Critical, it's an universal HU tree. (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11eAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdOdBIbl2IbIbINGAqnIdJksKI20000006doIn0000000 jdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000fdBdAidrBqxdFkbsNI kfGAcAIn000007bIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j)
Full buff stat with ~100 SAtk from Timed Ability.

Should probably factor in Form Scythe too, as TE/HU without Form wand is even weaker than a gunslash user.

Thanks, with boosts im using (no cuisine/team boost ) Im sitting at 3757 S atk so i guess that would have something to do with it.

Flaoc
Feb 12, 2017, 03:08 PM

but but but (got this from my discord.. dunno if anyone posted in this thread already)

Xaelouse
Feb 12, 2017, 03:12 PM
I want to s-rank with pure jet boots now, but the way PD works makes this very unfair since his bits can eat vinto kicks while you're hitting his weak points on top of the weapon's PP issues (can be fixed a bit with orbit + pp convert) and lack of range.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 12, 2017, 03:51 PM
but but but (got this from my discord.. dunno if anyone posted in this thread already)

It was posted several pages back, but that's exactly what I mean. Even gunslash user can S-Rank Solo PD with nearly a minute to spare, yet it's extremely difficult to 13-minute using TE/HU.

With Form wand, TE/HU has roughly the same damage as a gunslash FI (could be less), but lacks burst, range, and super armor.

Edit: I guess the only saving grace for wand smack TE/HU is, it's possible to pass Persona's DPS check :wacko:

sparab
Feb 12, 2017, 04:42 PM
It was posted several pages back, but that's exactly what I mean. Even gunslash user can S-Rank Solo PD with nearly a minute to spare, yet it's extremely difficult to 13-minute using TE/HU.

Why not use partisan if you sub Hu. 2000 S-atk vol graptor should hit harder than 4000 wand.

Restricting sub weapon is a valid playstyle but that does not prove TeHu cannot get S rank.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 12, 2017, 05:23 PM
Why not use partisan if you sub Hu. 2000 S-atk vol graptor should hit harder than 4000 wand.

Restricting sub weapon is a valid playstyle but that does not prove TeHu cannot get S rank.

I do have a rainbow collection of crafted Gungnatas and I tell you they won't ever reach Form wand level of DPS. Not sure about Bloodspear Vlad Bram, since I don't have it.

And I never said TE/HU cannot S-Rank, I said I gave up trying to S-Rank because it's too difficult
Maybe I will actually try when I know of some tricks or get a new weapon, like Arion partisan or stuff.
Or maybe I should just take out Union Slash.

BlueCast Boy
Feb 12, 2017, 05:33 PM
looking for fihu vid but want TDagger only use but so far i only see ds and knuckles, anybody know any link for tdagger only pd solo? Thx in advance also maybe fifo or fibr...

milranduil
Feb 12, 2017, 07:19 PM
best pd time as fo requires ping to destroy bits fast enough :wacko:

ZER0 DX
Feb 12, 2017, 10:08 PM
8 attempts and I have still yet to clear it. DB Bo/Fi and Bo/Hu is not working and this is with a full Austere set. No idea what I'm doing wrong, but double at minimum takes me 8-10 minutes to kill, and PD farthest I've gotten was right before the persona phase before timing out. If they gave me 5-10 more minutes I could clear this easy, no idea why they thought 20 minutes was a good time frame to solo. I'll give it another shot once I can scrounge up 8 mil to ele change the Xie DB to light. I don't even care about S rank at this point, I just want to clear it.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 12, 2017, 10:22 PM
8 attempts and I have still yet to clear it. DB Bo/Fi and Bo/Hu is not working and this is with a full Austere set. No idea what I'm doing wrong, but double at minimum takes me 8-10 minutes to kill, and PD farthest I've gotten was right before the persona phase before timing out. If they gave me 5-10 more minutes I could clear this easy, no idea why they thought 20 minutes was a good time frame to solo. I'll give it another shot once I can scrounge up 8 mil to ele change the Xie DB to light. I don't even care about S rank at this point, I just want to clear it.

Sounds really wicked. It is not supposed to be that hard. Best tip I can give is to watch S rank video on youtube for your class. I mean they have extremly efficient patterns, maybe you could emitate their style.

oratank
Feb 12, 2017, 10:26 PM

you have to hit double every time he show his weak point even those cars run straight to you.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 13, 2017, 12:05 AM
Try watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdsqOv_WdDU , maybe it'll help give you a better idea to switch up your play

10 pages in and none of you guys have HU/SU'd this boss yet? i mean come on (remember no Pets because HU/SU's dont use pets.Also you guys clearing it, not some random JP player)

Kondibon
Feb 13, 2017, 12:52 AM
(remember no Pets because HU/SU's dont use pets.Also you guys clearing it, not some random JP player)Those are some weird stipulations.

sparab
Feb 13, 2017, 01:22 AM
Since someone already finished solo PD with 1* Hu weapons, I don't see why HuSU cannot with *13.

At least they perform better than HuBr in raid.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 13, 2017, 01:49 AM
Why HuBr even exist? Or HuSu?

Xaelouse
Feb 13, 2017, 01:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIOXoo-smUM

This run makes Gene proud

sparab
Feb 13, 2017, 02:03 AM
Why HuBr even exist? Or HuSu?

The same reason as HuRa and Te with no buff?

ZER0 DX
Feb 13, 2017, 03:54 AM
Try watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdsqOv_WdDU , maybe it'll help give you a better idea to switch up your play

10 pages in and none of you guys have HU/SU'd this boss yet? i mean come on (remember no Pets because HU/SU's dont use pets.Also you guys clearing it, not some random JP player)

Wish I know what all of those buffs they had on were, on top of what their skill tree setup was like. Outside them clearly playing leagues better than I could ever hope to achieve, they didn't really do anything that much different from how I was playing. I got my second Xie DB not too long ago so now I'm scraping up meseta to get those the correct element. If those don't help, then I'm truly at a loss here.

Suirano
Feb 13, 2017, 04:10 AM
I have been able to beat almost every attempt at this minus a few but I cannot for the life of me do it to make an S rank. Any tips for a Bo/Hu to do this more efficiently? I have the Neo- Japanese 13* JBs and Astra DBs since light attribute change is too expensive for me for the DBs of the Xie weapons..

Poyonche
Feb 13, 2017, 05:37 AM
I guess I got the thing now as Twin Blades BOHU. Now just need to S-rank it, should come with practice.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/vcO1ZwZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U0TRelZ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

echofaith
Feb 13, 2017, 05:43 AM

I did post about beating it as husu in the other topic on the same day the EQ came actually (:
Pretty sure you can even S rank it as husu easily given how Hufi clears can be done under 7 minutes, but I for sure wont be doing that anytime soon :p

LancerFate
Feb 13, 2017, 09:05 AM
Here is my Bo/Hu run https://youtu.be/ONyz_g5lRT0.
Far from perfect, but at last got S rank title.

oratank
Feb 13, 2017, 09:32 AM
I did post about beating it as husu in the other topic on the same day the EQ came actually (:
Pretty sure you can even S rank it as husu easily given how Hufi clears can be done under 7 minutes, but I for sure wont be doing that anytime soon :p

everything can happen just talk with dudu.

Tunga
Feb 13, 2017, 10:28 AM
Is it possible to keep smashing a broken part to skip right to his final form?

Raujinn
Feb 13, 2017, 10:47 AM
Yeah HuSu can clear this ezpz it could probably S-rank it if you were good.

HuSu is one of those class combos that kinda works but I think it gets a bad rap because a lot of terrible players roll with it. Su skills have some pretty nice synergy with Hunter now since the change to Point Assist it's just the damage mods are a little behind Brave (1.72 FI Brave TAJA vs 1.53 SU with point + correct hitbox vs 1.5 FI Brave vs 1.33 Su with point but wrong hitbox). It brings a stat advantage for def and atk stats (well FI beats it on ATK if youre <50% pp and use Crazy Beat), has a passive auto health recovery and access to Anti which helps deal with panic and bind bullshit. You also have quickcast megiverse and resta for extra HP if you need it, so no need to stock burgers just to keep Gix pot up.

Don't get me wrong, this class does not belong in MPA raids because it's overall less DPS and your hybrid support skills are useless when you have dedicated supports in the raid. Likewise don't go bringing it to the 4-man LQ but it's a pretty decent solo class.

You can indeed, though you might want to break parts in phase 2 just to stop PD flying around the arena so much.

oratank
Feb 13, 2017, 10:50 AM

yes you can

echofaith
Feb 13, 2017, 11:22 AM
Yeah HuSu can clear this ezpz it could probably S-rank it if you were good.

HuSu is one of those class combos that kinda works but I think it gets a bad rap because a lot of terrible players roll with it. Su skills have some pretty nice synergy with Hunter now since the change to Point Assist it's just the damage mods are a little behind Brave (1.72 FI Brave TAJA vs 1.53 SU with point + correct hitbox vs 1.5 FI Brave vs 1.33 Su with point but wrong hitbox). It brings a stat advantage for def and atk stats (well FI beats it on ATK if youre <50% pp and use Crazy Beat), has a passive auto health recovery and access to Anti which helps deal with panic and bind bullshit. You also have quickcast megiverse and resta for extra HP if you need it, so no need to stock burgers just to keep Gix pot up.

Don't get me wrong, this class does not belong in MPA raids because it's overall less DPS and your hybrid support skills are useless when you have dedicated supports in the raid. Likewise don't go bringing it to the 4-man LQ but it's a pretty decent solo class.

You can indeed, though you might want to break parts in phase 2 just to stop PD flying around the arena so much.

Many players dont even know the mutipliers summoner gives, which is part of the reason. This is evident when the same people recommend you to go hute over husu because apparently a slightly better shifta will give you better dps :S
But indeed, not the best class to bring into an mpa. I just find it weird that husu of all the casual builds gets the most hate, even though imo, is probably the most viable of them.

Zorak000
Feb 13, 2017, 11:42 AM
bah I keep messing up and taking too much damage on Gu/Hu; I guess I should have gotten the Fornis TMGs. that and just messing up and getting grabbed by the claw for all my health

maybe I just don't have the reflexes for this; alas I rely too much on my crutch of "playing with other people" in this multiplayer PvE game :(

Loveless62
Feb 13, 2017, 11:43 AM
Wish I know what all of those buffs they had on were, on top of what their skill tree setup was like. Outside them clearly playing leagues better than I could ever hope to achieve, they didn't really do anything that much different from how I was playing. I got my second Xie DB not too long ago so now I'm scraping up meseta to get those the correct element. If those don't help, then I'm truly at a loss here.
If you have access to 12* weapon passes, consider getting a Niren Orochi to help with all of the breakable stuff. I don't know what it costs these days, though.

Xie DB is nice due to the damage reduction, making the fight a lot more safe, but I don't think you will notice much of a power increase over Austere, if any.

rando
Feb 13, 2017, 11:55 AM
Wish I know what all of those buffs they had on were,

believe in order it is shifta, deband, a medical drink, some food/drink increase likely pp and atk , team attack power boost (upwards to atk 20%), and the last one dunno , i think it might be critical field

Loveless62
Feb 13, 2017, 12:24 PM
believe in order it is shifta, deband, a medical drink, some food/drink increase likely pp and atk , team attack power boost (upwards to atk 20%), and the last one dunno , i think it might be critical field

shifta
deband
medical drink, likely Random EX with weak hit bonus
tickets and food buffs, probably shortcake/meat ration along with the usual RDR stuff, There are other foods that give more attack from past holiday events, but I think they tend to have expiration dates.
team buff, likely 20% attack
Meat Stir Fry

They are probably also using Arks Fleet timed abilities, which can add up to +60 (or more?) attack each. Notice how much Photon Crystals cost now ;-)

SteveCZ
Feb 13, 2017, 05:47 PM
What he meant by PP drink is cause of PA Damage Up.

Vatallus
Feb 13, 2017, 11:30 PM
Double took 6 minutes.... Salty.

http://i.imgur.com/sdmAANA.png

IchijinKali
Feb 13, 2017, 11:35 PM
If I cared for Ray/Union I would probably bother to get Xie's weapon and S rank this.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/u2iBd/e67a4085d0.png
http://puu.sh/u2iBQ/a0f0be266f.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

SteveCZ
Feb 14, 2017, 12:59 AM
I like this wired lance tank mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9SFG_nB0c0

HardBoiledPapa
Feb 14, 2017, 01:00 AM
Is there a pattern to double's leg cores after destroying them? Saw some vids and noticed that they pretty much know which leg to go for.

Vatallus
Feb 14, 2017, 01:37 AM
A big nude man just whipped Double and PD into submission... wow.

Nyansan
Feb 14, 2017, 01:42 AM
I like this wired lance tank mode.

A big nude man just whipped Double and PD into submission... wow.

Classical UD. Fun fact: guy is on Ship 2 btw. You may have seen him around as PuriPuriPrisoner

SteveCZ
Feb 14, 2017, 03:51 AM
Classical UD. Fun fact: guy is on Ship 2 btw. You may have seen him around as PuriPuriPrisoner

Yeah I know him since years ago and played in a few random MPAs with him. I am a ship 2 escapee.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 14, 2017, 10:21 AM
I kill double in 4:10 on average.

I just can't go much faster than a bit under 13min as hybrid br/hu without automate or xie weapon.

Time to delete, and vendor everything I have, and uninstall.

Honestly though, I think actually having automate would be the biggest thing to help my kill time.

Loveless62
Feb 14, 2017, 10:56 AM

I just can't go much faster than a bit under 13min as hybrid br/hu without automate or xie weapon.

Honestly though, I think actually having automate would be the biggest thing to help my kill time.
I am pretty sure an attempt with a 4:10 double kill can get S-rank on Br/Hu. That indicates need to be more aggressive on PD. Focus on less orb damage and more body damage.

S-rank is still doable without automate, since it is technically possible to avoid all damage (not super likely though), and you still have other means to heal. I won't deny that automate adds safety and smoothness to the fight.

Edit: After checking out some videos, I have to say that 4:10 double may be a little slow for an S-rank attempt, but it is close!

pkemr4
Feb 14, 2017, 05:07 PM
i get 2:50-3:10 doubles as fo/te but god help me when it comes to having two pd claws appear while the orbs have spawned.

Frosslass
Feb 14, 2017, 07:28 PM
i get 2:50-3:10 doubles as fo/te but god help me when it comes to having two pd claws appear while the orbs have spawned.

Just use mirage step :^)

oratank
Feb 14, 2017, 08:09 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://rapforthemoment.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/do-it.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

just look at s rank gears and yours :p

KazukiQZ
Feb 15, 2017, 01:15 AM
My best so far:

http://puu.sh/u2nj2/90e8479cb1.jpg
As FoTe, btw

doomdragon83
Feb 16, 2017, 12:03 AM
Well, I tried (as RA/HU). I guess my gear isn't top of the line affixed, not finding opportunities to actually attack or maybe it's just rust but I know I'm not gonna do it any time soon; I didn't realize there was a time limit too so no playing slow and safe. I probably can handle it on my TE or FO though....if I respec.

Double can eat a big one.

ZER0 DX
Feb 16, 2017, 12:23 AM
Finally cleared with 1:20 left on the clock.
...And $6 less in my wallet due to needing scape dolls to be as aggressive as possible.

So are there any mindless broken builds I can use to make this a cakewalk for an easy s-rank? Any class combo will do at this point. It's pretty clear I'm lacking in the skill department.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 16, 2017, 01:06 AM
...And $6 less in my wallet due to needing scape dolls to be as aggressive as possible.

So are there any mindless broken builds I can use to make this a cakewalk for an easy s-rank? Any class combo will do at this point. It's pretty clear I'm lacking in the skill department.

Su Gu of course

oratank
Feb 16, 2017, 03:21 AM
when they gonna nerf SuGu. :/

pkemr4
Feb 16, 2017, 03:26 AM

Su/Fi or Su/Gu

Xaeris
Feb 16, 2017, 03:29 AM
Summoner fits the bill, sure, but you'd need Marons (plural) and a Torim. Anyone who hasn't already been raising a Summoner is in a bad place to start pokemon training without any easy source of 12 or 13* pets. Now Braver, that's pretty pick up and go.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 16, 2017, 03:54 PM
What is the priority list of pets for pokemon trainers to raise and why again?

Alenoir
Feb 16, 2017, 04:11 PM
What is the priority list of pets for pokemon trainers to raise and why again?

Aero (general purpose everything) > Maron (bombs) > Jinga/Popple/Redran (utilities, DPS sometimes possible, situational, etc etc) > Viola/Shinkurou (personal preference)

Forgotten: Melon

Cannot get: Rappy

Have fun attempting Torim/Aero 12* or 13* eggs. Oh, Marons too.

Tenlade
Feb 16, 2017, 08:58 PM
thanks to nguuuquaaa for help. Cleared with Te/hu since thats my main.
https://puu.sh/u6ABF/3d47a74ae1.png
If light element changers werent so expensive i could swap my form wand to it and use tech parry while not worrying about zanverse changing my element, and maybe get some better times but im happy for just clearing it.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 16, 2017, 11:37 PM
thanks to nguuuquaaa for help. Cleared with Te/hu since thats my main.
https://puu.sh/u6ABF/3d47a74ae1.png
If light element changers werent so expensive i could swap my form wand to it and use tech parry while not worrying about zanverse changing my element, and maybe get some better times but im happy for just clearing it.

Actually Zanverse is not too important for soloing. From my experience (and experiment), it's only good if you can pre-cast, using it mid-fight could even reduce DPS.
So yeah, you could forget Zanverse and just pure smack.

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 12:07 AM
Help. I've spent $18 on scape dolls in two days.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/6EwkakA.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

My biggest problem is staying alive right now, I'm awful at dodging and I'm terrible at PP management.
I'd try the SU/GU thing but I don't have the pets for it. I have a 12* Maron and a 13* Trim, but I'm assuming those aren't gonna cut it. As for Braver, my best 13* katana is an HBF Kamitachi, so I'm gonna have to grind Mother and PD collection sheets for something usable. I'm starting to question my ability to play Bouncer, which is a real shame considering how much I love using DB's and have been using that as my main class since it came out. Maybe I'm just using a bad tree setup, i could use a lot of advice on that since I haven't really changed them in about a year.

Z-0
Feb 17, 2017, 12:33 AM
Just do the following:

Play a 75/75 BrHu with a Katana and Automate Build. The HU tree should have maxed Fury, maxed Automate, maxed Massive Hunter and about 10 points in Flash Guards, give or take.

Use any melee units that are decent. I personally use uncrafted 5s Saiki that give pure attack and PP. I have 995 HP and something like 170 PP.

Get a 13* Katana from Xie.

Spam Guren Tessen to win. Make sure you take a full stack of mates, including Monomates. Can't run out.

You won't S-Rank, but S-Rank doesn't really matter and this is just super lazy strat anyway.

oratank
Feb 17, 2017, 12:51 AM
Help. I've spent $18 on scape dolls in two days.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/6EwkakA.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

My biggest problem is staying alive right now, I'm awful at dodging and I'm terrible at PP management.
I'd try the SU/GU thing but I don't have the pets for it. I have a 12* Maron and a 13* Trim, but I'm assuming those aren't gonna cut it. As for Braver, my best 13* katana is an HBF Kamitachi, so I'm gonna have to grind Mother and PD collection sheets for something usable. I'm starting to question my ability to play Bouncer, which is a real shame considering how much I love using DB's and have been using that as my main class since it came out. Maybe I'm just using a bad tree setup, i could use a lot of advice on that since I haven't really changed them in about a year.

what you can do to prevent your dead
1. I'm terrible at PP management - get orbit
2. if you can't do JG just do normal guard
3. don't stay in front of PD claws
4. always look at mini map when PD fly around platform
5. don't stay in middle of platform when PD start to smash.
6. use 1 combat when PD first down and save it for persona

if you still die a lot it's time to overhaul your armor

mr.chills
Feb 17, 2017, 01:21 AM
don't know if everyone already knew and did these, but i've found some drink/boost strats during solo pd and its trigger:

- grab drink in lobby and if you don't get large pp boost/pa damage up (if you're the class that uses them) just grab any non-trigger quest and abandon it in lobby, rinse repeat until you get the pa damage up then grab solo pd quest or use trigger

- if you don't have boosts going yet then save them for when you finish it and equip lucky stuffs then break crystal

- IF YOU ALREADY HAVE BOOSTS, like from mpa-pd for example then when you use drink(or cycling for pa dam) use pause boost effect so if you fail the quest you don't waste any boosts, BUT if/when you win go hang out in the camper BEFORE you break the crystal until drink runs out, then equip lucky things and go down and break. the drink lasts for an hour or 40-50 mins after you beat the quest so its annoying and might not be ideal everytime, but making 1 125tri last 30 triggers is pretty nice

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 01:21 AM
I'm running full Austere units, so armor isn't a problem. I would like to S rank, I've seen Br/Hu vids where they've done it with mostly tessen spam. I have orbit for PP regen, but every time I take it out, they decide to open up for attack so I have to pretty much immediately put it away. I could get an Austere Katana relatively quickly though, but at 30 element a 60 ele Xie katana would probably be better off.

I definitely need to rework that HU tree, I have everything in fury and just attack bonuses and the other points thrown around here and there.

Flaoc
Feb 17, 2017, 01:35 AM
surprised you did not go after astra (austere is a terrible choice modern day for obvious reasons.. that is making one rather than having already owned one)

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 01:52 AM
I've had a max 60 element Austere DB since a little over a month after PD came out, I figured getting a Katana with the remnant stuff I have left over would have been fine. I'm literally only short a few XQ stones and Ult crystals, none of which are that difficult to obtain. I have way more than enough of everything else that any other parts aren't even a problem. I could probably 60 Ele an austere Katana in about a day or two.

Are Astra weapons really that much better? I assumed Austere with the set bonus with the units made it just barely weaker than Astra and not enough to make much of a difference.

Flaoc
Feb 17, 2017, 01:54 AM
austere takes more effort in general and astra is "slightly" stronger than austere but also gets 40% on hit regen for more uptime.. but now with mother being as uncommon as it is.. rippppp

oratank
Feb 17, 2017, 02:01 AM
now it's a time for union katana

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 02:02 AM
I got burned out and stopped playing that much after farming form sheets to +35 all three of those weapons when those first came out. I've only recently came back into the swing of things about a week after valentine started. If I knew mother was gonna be so scarce I would have worked on this ages ago. Once I get the Redran egg sheet done which will be right after the next mother, I'll pick up the Astra Katana sheet. Luckily we have until mid April for those, but by that point I'm guessing level 80 will be out and S ranking PD won't be much of an issue anymore.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 17, 2017, 02:28 AM
I got burned out and stopped playing that much after farming form sheets to +35 all three of those weapons when those first came out. I've only recently came back into the swing of things about a week after valentine started. If I knew mother was gonna be so scarce I would have worked on this ages ago. Once I get the Redran egg sheet done which will be right after the next mother, I'll pick up the Astra Katana sheet. Luckily we have until mid April for those, but by that point I'm guessing level 80 will be out and S ranking PD won't be much of an issue anymore.

soloPD won't be available anymore. Unless those triggers can last.

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 03:17 AM
Wait, solo PD is a limited time thing? I didn't remember hearing anything about that.

Edit: Wow, just saw we only have until March 8th, that's incredibly lame. Now I have to S rank this on principal just so I don't lose out on that title.

oratank
Feb 17, 2017, 03:28 AM

you do know lv80 req. +35class weapon to unlock right?it seem like you don't have +35 katana or bow

ZerotakerZX
Feb 17, 2017, 03:33 AM
Wait, solo PD is a limited time thing? I didn't remember hearing anything about that.

Edit: Wow, just saw we only have until March 8th, that's incredibly lame. Now I have to S rank this on principal just so I don't lose out on that title.

Still you can collect the triggers. I've stashed some to try PD again when lvl 80/80. Just for sake of curiosity.

Zangor17
Feb 17, 2017, 03:39 AM
Really?! only till the 8th? I assumed it was just always gonna be an option so that PD runs had an excuse to be in the lobby for the full 30 minutes. I'll keep trying at it but so far I either time out at the last part of PD or I outright get killed by a cheap shot.

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 03:40 AM
you do know lv80 req. +35class weapon to unlock right?it seem like you don't have +35 katana or bow

I'm aware, amusingly enough that's one of only two classes I don't have a 13* +35 weapon for, the other is Gunner. I have +35 13*'s for every other class though. Guess I better get to work, though not that it looks like it's going to matter.

I need to shave about 6 1/2 minutes off my clear time, as well as not die on average 8 times per attempt. I have no idea how I'm going to accomplish gearing up Braver in any reasonable amount of time. My options seem to be fairly more limited now that there's an end date.

kurokyosuke
Feb 17, 2017, 05:02 AM
You can stock up on triggers if you can't gear up before March 8. The solo option when PD EQ comes up will be removed by then, but the triggers will still be usable. Make sure to get multiple (like 5 or so?) in case you don't cut it for the first few runs.

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 06:19 AM
Planning on it, debating getting a Xie Katana first and see how that does since it would be the quickest way to a usable weapon. Wish I didn't waste badges on two Xie DB's already or I would have been stockpiling triggers by now. It's a shame no one is really running the LQ, but it's pretty easy to solo on SH at least.

Loveless62
Feb 17, 2017, 10:58 AM
I think stocking up on solo PD triggers is worthwhile regardless of whether you are still shooting for the S-rank title. Solo PD is a great source of excubes and gives more chances of obtaining 13*s, invader units and (kek) 14*s.

Edit: I should also mention the benefit of how much the solo PD triggers help with Ray CFs.

TehCubey
Feb 17, 2017, 12:48 PM
Down to 13 minutes as my personal record. I made some mistakes during my best run so I know I can S rank this.

Alternatively I could do a DS-only run. DS has great utility clearing out the cores and fighting Persona, but I wonder how good is it DPS-wise as far as attacking PD (and Double) itself...

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 01:03 PM
Tried weaponoid pot Dragon Slayer with Hu/Br since that got me through solo XQ.
It didn't work. I lost most of my mates by the time double was done with so PD was able to clean house with my badly beaten up corpse. Didn't even bother trying to pay2win mode it that time due to the inability to heal. Those cars are murder on automate, I'd almost rather take the scape loss.

Z-0
Feb 17, 2017, 01:12 PM
Just make a Xie Katana, you mentioned that " you won't have time to gear up Braver ", but it's literally 400 badges (LQ/Choco will get you this in a day or two) and about 10 million meseta.

It's not exactly a huge investment.

ZER0 DX
Feb 17, 2017, 03:09 PM
Already planning on it, just didn't have time to farm badges between the PD at 6 am and needing sleep only to wake up for the one at 11 am. Been trying various methods until then.

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2017, 06:44 PM
about 10 million meseta.Wat? I've never spent more than 3-4m grinding a 13*.

Anduril
Feb 17, 2017, 06:55 PM
Wat? I've never spent more than 3-4m grinding a 13*.

Maybe for an Attribute Change (Light)?

Z-0
Feb 17, 2017, 07:19 PM
I made it up, I don't actually watch my meseta when grinding NTs and I also prioritise saving Lambda Grinders over meseta.

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2017, 07:24 PM
I made it up, I don't actually watch my meseta when grinding NTs and I also prioritise saving Lambda Grinders over meseta.The lowest Lambda Grinder method still only costs like 3-4m. I guess if you were buying hundreds of Emper Embrace things instead of using your own and 10* fodder it would reach that much though.

Saffran
Feb 17, 2017, 07:38 PM
You could also buy +35 fodders but that's mostly for players with premium I guess.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 17, 2017, 08:17 PM
Still no "meme" class S ranks yet? come on, bring on the HU/SU game

Zero if you die on double I really think you should just restart the run (varying on how tight you are on Badges) and only use the half doll on a screw up during PD. The amount your spending (not much) on just Scapedolls is sorta not needed. Just run from cars toward the outside of the map if you have to.

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2017, 08:20 PM

Zero if you die on double I really think you should just restart the run (varying on how tight you are on Badges) and only use the half doll on a screw up during PD. Just run from cars toward the outside of the map if you have to.http://i.imgur.com/ryIEp9a.jpg

Remz69
Feb 17, 2017, 08:21 PM
Down to 13 minutes as my personal record. I made some mistakes during my best run so I know I can S rank this.

Alternatively I could do a DS-only run. DS has great utility clearing out the cores and fighting Persona, but I wonder how good is it DPS-wise as far as attacking PD (and Double) itself...

tbh DS only or TD only or even knuckle only should all have potential for sub 6mins on FiHu
DS's DPS is really high even if it's hard to measure/get a feel for so no worries there just use whatever you're most comfortable with

though i will say that for the average joe PD's phase 1 and 2 will probably be harder to play optimally with DS/knux than they would with TDs, unless you don't LB and MH for easy uptime and spamming of strong combos

also, i recomend against going out of your way for Bits but if you really must then crafted straight charge works wonder

ArcaneTechs
Feb 17, 2017, 08:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ryIEp9a.jpg
your being a good sport about this im glad but as glad as those su/gu plays i'll never reach cuz im too lazy to level Marons atm

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2017, 08:30 PM
your being a good sport about thisOnly because I can't even figure out who you're talking to. I don't think any of the regulars here play Hu/Su in serious content.

sparab
Feb 17, 2017, 10:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43hjDJ-QxfQ

Even TeSu trash of all trash can S rank! Don't feel ashamed mate!

TehCubey
Feb 17, 2017, 10:07 PM
Zero if you die on double I really think you should just restart the run (varying on how tight you are on Badges) and only use the half doll on a screw up during PD.

Depends, if it's the scheduled PD then I agree, it's better to abandon and retry because you can continue trying as long as the EQ's timer doesn't run out. But if it's the trigger version where you only get one shot at it, use the halfdoll and carry on. Even if you fail, it's experience.

Well, unless someone really has no halfdolls left but the game is handing them out like candy nowadays.

tbh DS only or TD only or even knuckle only should all have potential for sub 6mins on FiHu
DS's DPS is really high even if it's hard to measure/get a feel for so no worries there just use whatever you're most comfortable with

though i will say that for the average joe PD's phase 1 and 2 will probably be harder to play optimally with DS/knux than they would with TDs, unless you don't LB and MH for easy uptime and spamming of strong combos

also, i recomend against going out of your way for Bits but if you really must then crafted straight charge works wonder

I'm comfortable with using all Fi weapons so it's not that I have a strong preference, I just use whatever works best for the situation. That being said, TD works best for phase 1 and 2 of PD while knuckles are best for Double. The damage seems good so that's what I'm sticking to after all.

The problem with phase 3 PD is that it puts its hand on the platform too infrequently. I feel like I'm wasting too much damage waiting for it than I would killing bits, especially when they swarm all around you so two crafted Deadly Circles destroy them all. Much faster and more pp efficient than crafted Straight Charge.

Flaoc
Feb 17, 2017, 10:10 PM
te/su still has maron doing maron things.. so.. danSgame

SteveCZ
Feb 17, 2017, 10:19 PM
You could also buy +35 fodders but that's mostly for players with premium I guess.

Never do that, it's too expensive. The price is higher than you can make it themselves (even without emper embrace), with the same amount of lambda grinders spent.

kurokyosuke
Feb 19, 2017, 06:34 AM
Apparently, I've been doing solo PD wrong this whole time. I know someone said to not actively attack/chase the orbs, but for some reason I thought that only applied to phase 3. I stopped chasing them in phase 1 and 2, and managed to speed up my BrHu time to 12:43 without Team Tree. I should probably still get more S-ATK on my equipment so I can safely get S even with BS.

milranduil
Feb 19, 2017, 06:44 AM
consistent 6min as fo/te now. 5min too hard :wacko:

Cyber Meteor
Feb 19, 2017, 07:02 AM
Well, i just managed to get a run with 3:30 left, without team tree nor shifta, just the +100atk food and the random drink with weakpoint dmg boost, as RA/HU, i had 2730 R-atk in total with an Austere rifle, so i'm pretty sure i could S-rank it if i was doing some 120 atk units but i would also need to not lose too much PP when i'll create the unit set (i intend to include a 12* unit, with that point WB coming, i don't wanna lose the non-weak launcher ring too) as i'm using a p-drive + Double set (PP crafted) with 50atk/100HP/13PP affixes atm (got a total of 198 PP with the Austere rifle that still has his base affixes from Zieg) ^^;
Anyway, i gotta say that Massive Hunter is rather crucial during PD part especially the 2nd one, i sometimes ended up not being able to do a single dmg when he attacks with 3 parts because my MH was on cooldown and didn't dodge properly.
Well, now to get to 2900-3000 R-atk, and i should be more confortable with S-rank

Vatallus
Feb 20, 2017, 12:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pACmQVn.png

Finally got S-Rank with TDs only. I also still haven't found a single 13* from the solo EQ yet.

oratank
Feb 20, 2017, 12:33 AM
pd phase change while going about to do a ram move. RIP can't see shit

ZER0 DX
Feb 20, 2017, 10:14 AM
Cleared in 15:55

I'm getting there, I just need to shave off 4 minutes with this Br/Hu build. Not sure if I'll be able to with the Xie katana but it's all I have to work with. Double took 4 minutes while PD decided it wanted to fly around and swipe constantly, probably wasted a good 2 minutes total doing that.

Lyrise
Feb 20, 2017, 11:00 AM
Personally I found when running as Hybrid BR/HU, I had to switch to using Adrenaline Ring, and (ATK+PP use reduction) drink instead of using Critical Strike and PP Damage up drink. Before I made the changes I was always getting times like 12: 20, after making those 2 changes, I'm more consistent on getting 10:30-11:00.

Not saying this will work for everyone, but it certainly worked out for me and my playstyle.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 20, 2017, 11:48 AM
Personally I found when running as Hybrid BR/HU, I had to switch to using Adrenaline Ring, and (ATK+PP use reduction) drink instead of using Critical Strike and PP Damage up drink. Before I made the changes I was always getting times like 12: 20, after making those 2 changes, I'm more consistent on getting 10:30-11:00.

Not saying this will work for everyone, but it certainly worked out for me and my playstyle.

How adrenaline ring is useful? Are you using atomizer on yourself?

Lyrise
Feb 20, 2017, 01:20 PM
Shiftaride. There is so much downtime in PD that I'd use the gaps to pop one and then get to work. For 30 seconds I'd say it wasn't worth it at all, but for a minute? Sure, why not?

ZerotakerZX
Feb 20, 2017, 01:24 PM
Shiftaride. There is so much downtime in PD that I'd use the gaps to pop one and then get to work. For 30 seconds I'd say it wasn't worth it at all, but for a minute? Sure, why not?

It just hard to imagine that a minute of that basic shifta can add more DPS than a critical ring

Lyrise
Feb 20, 2017, 01:26 PM
That would wholly depend on what weapon I'm using. Critstrike/S-atk does nothing for me when I use a bow.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 20, 2017, 01:30 PM
That would wholly depend on what weapon I'm using. Critstrike/S-atk does nothing for me when I use a bow.

Oh, not that makes a lot more sense

LtPlebberoni
Feb 20, 2017, 10:11 PM
Good god my blood pressure... I did it within the final second ;u;
http://i.imgur.com/hugMR9a.jpg
Bo-Hu

I had to ditch any and all defensive gear and buffs, go for pure power, and rely solely on Automate to take hits. Guess the old Saikis are still treating me better than I thought they were.

TehCubey
Feb 20, 2017, 10:50 PM
I had to ditch any and all defensive gear and buffs, go for pure power, and rely solely on Automate to take hits. Guess the old Saikis are still treating me better than I thought they were.

That's true. Despite Sega's efforts, there are no 12*s better than saiki at the moment. 12*s still have their use, but as support to other sets (austere for example) as opposed to having a full 12* set.

And indeed, atk/pp is still the top meta. Ignoring HP completely is a mistake, but prioritizing defensive stats over offensive is a mistake. A mistake that Sega tries to push on people, but I feel that's a dirty move, deliberately keeping them from performing their best.

Oh, also this took me way too long, but finally:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/fQUdqDZ.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
I also had another run that was almost under 11 minutes, but I made a mistake due to playing while tired, so it doesn't count.

Saagonsa
Feb 20, 2017, 11:02 PM
there are no 12*s better than saiki at the moment.

If you're only using saiki for the pp, that's not true. The units you get for 800/900/1k titles give 20pp, totaling up to 60pp if you wear all 3. Saiki only gives 55pp if all 3 units have the pp craft.

TehCubey
Feb 20, 2017, 11:14 PM
A fair point, though I have a feeling the number of people with a full whittil set is even lower than people who can run solo PD under 8 minutes.

Anyway I wouldn't use the set even if I had it because while attack > defense, the amount of defense you lose compared to saiki is large enough that it's not worth extra 5 PP. But that's just my personal opinion.

Zephyrion
Feb 21, 2017, 05:39 AM
If you're only using saiki for the pp, that's not true. The units you get for 800/900/1k titles give 20pp, totaling up to 60pp if you wear all 3. Saiki only gives 55pp if all 3 units have the pp craft.

Not to mention the fact that people like me who still want to be a bit resilient and do one craft HP and two craft PP still get 45PP.
Comparatively, full Union is 27 and Full Astra is 30. They do give more resists and HP, but we're still lacking a midway set that gives more PP and less HP. Sure I could get a Whitill set and affix it with a bit of HP to replicate that, but no I'm not ready to get over 300 titles for a sidegrade.

Flaoc
Feb 21, 2017, 06:34 AM
best is just a good mix of all 3 honestly (atk pp hp)

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2017, 07:52 AM
With a BO/HU that uses both boots and dual blades, failed during the EQ but I felt that I could do it, so I bought a trigger, and...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/eDTSmxF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GcC9Qh7.jpg[/spoiler-box]

This was way too close, I'm just too clumsy while fighting PD.

oratank
Feb 21, 2017, 07:56 AM
can we make 100%stat4 by upslot from 4 to 5

Lyrise
Feb 21, 2017, 08:43 AM
With a BO/HU that uses both boots and dual blades, failed during the EQ but I felt that I could do it, so I bought a trigger, and...

This was way too close, I'm just too clumsy while fighting PD.

Congratulations on that victory. A win is a win, regardless of what it took to get there/your rank, so even if you say you're clumsy about it, you still got it done. Can't wait for the next ARKS live where you know KMR is going to spit out stats on how many people have completed and how many people have S-ranked.

can we make 100%stat4 by upslot from 4 to 5

Not the right thread for this, but I'll bite.

Answer: Not a chance on units. The closest you could ever get to that is 88% within reason, though you could get a maximum of 95% (through same unit bonus). On weapons, you have Dio series SFAs to do that for you.

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2017, 09:38 AM
Congratulations on that victory. A win is a win, regardless of what it took to get there/your rank, so even if you say you're clumsy about it, you still got it done. Can't wait for the next ARKS live where you know KMR is going to spit out stats on how many people have completed and how many people have S-ranked.
Thank you.
I've been managing somewhat against Double, while not a great time compared to others here, been managing around 5:30~6:30 or so.
It's just PD that's been troublesome for me. I guess if I were to invest into automate, that could make up for my clumsiness, at least a bit.

Lyrise
Feb 21, 2017, 10:34 AM
I think Automate isn't as necessary as most people think, especially because there's so much downtime that occurs in the PD fight. Perhaps Massive Hunter might be a good alternative to try, since you'll take less damage, and won't get interrupted by stuff going on.

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2017, 10:38 AM
I think Automate isn't as necessary as most people think, especially because there's so much downtime that occurs in the PD fight. Perhaps Massive Hunter might be a good alternative to try, since you'll take less damage, and won't get interrupted by stuff going on.
Automate does allow a bit more recklessness, so it helps, especially in a character that uses resta to heal instead of mates, but yeah, was planning now a tree that includes both automate and massive hunter.

I want at least 15 more union boosters, so whatever helps making it easier. ^^;

Zorak000
Feb 21, 2017, 10:55 AM
su/fi with only one marron
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/QVS5juv.png[/spoiler-box]
su/fi with 2 marrons
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/SjgNeAc.png[/spoiler-box]
I can get the s-rank with just the 2 I think; I just gotta be a little more aggressive with aero/jinga/ledran when both of my bean boys are down
I only use marrons on double to block cars and retaliate by blowing up a leg instantly. aero stab is good enough to kill double as long as you stab the tongue on each down; then on the 3rd down do 2 stabs in a row since double likes to stay in place to spew cars immediately after getting up from that one. the doublestab will kill double

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 21, 2017, 11:54 PM

Not necessary, but the aggression it allows is pretty big for the more relentless attacks, such as PD 3rd phase when he fires orbs, and lasers when his hand is on the platform. Automate allows you to just go ham instead of worrying about being safe.

starwind75043
Feb 22, 2017, 01:00 PM
Quoting my self from su discussion thread

Beat solo eq at 20 seconds

Fucking Eye floaters getting right on top of me wasted 2 marrons. LOL panicked and switched to aero at the end and just made it lol

Also something that really help a lot to speed up my time. Was using a panic resist ring on double.

Quick question

Is full Union better then

Austere back + Arm + union leg

TehCubey
Feb 22, 2017, 03:08 PM
Is full Union better then

Austere back + Arm + union leg

Nope.

Ezodagrom
Feb 23, 2017, 09:32 AM
With the changed tree, still messed up alot and had to use an half doll, but, 18:22, an improvement I guess. ^^;

TehCubey
Feb 23, 2017, 12:10 PM
How much of that time is Double, give or take?

Ezodagrom
Feb 23, 2017, 12:27 PM
How much of that time is Double, give or take?
Usually around 5:30~6:30, this time I messed up even more than normally and ended at like 6:45 or so.

As long as I can clear it though, I'm okay.
I just wanna get union boosters.

TehCubey
Feb 23, 2017, 01:42 PM
Sounds like you have more trouble with PD than Double. Consider the following for PD, not only to be faster but to save yourself trouble:

In phase 1 and 2 (before PD's humanoid form appears), ignore bits and just hit parts. If you accidentally break all bits and PD exposes the core good, but other than that just brute force phase changes by attacking PD parts.

In phase 3, attacking bits on purpose makes more sense especially when they circle around you, but if they don't and PD's hand is on the table, consider attacking it instead.

Persona - if you somehow don't deal enough damage to Persona in time and it starts releasing the OHKO attack, start channeling your Photon Blast for 100% immunity, and don't let go of the button until Persona disappears and PD is back. You should be safe.

Phase 4 is pretty trivial whether you beat Persona or not, just make sure not to get killed by the big laser by mistake.

starwind75043
Feb 23, 2017, 08:43 PM
Sounds like you have more trouble with PD than Double. Consider the following for PD, not only to be faster but to save yourself trouble:

In phase 1 and 2 (before PD's humanoid form appears), ignore bits and just hit parts. If you accidentally break all bits and PD exposes the core good, but other than that just brute force phase changes by attacking PD parts.

In phase 3, attacking bits on purpose makes more sense especially when they circle around you, but if they don't and PD's hand is on the table, consider attacking it instead.

Persona - if you somehow don't deal enough damage to Persona in time and it starts releasing the OHKO attack, start channeling your Photon Blast for 100% immunity, and don't let go of the button until Persona disappears and PD is back. You should be safe.

Phase 4 is pretty trivial whether you beat Persona or not, just make sure not to get killed by the big laser by mistake.

So when PD is in Floating space flower mode attack his bits ignore the Eye floaters?

When pd blossoms from the flower attack Eye floaters or his hand if that is on the platform?

persona and last and pretty simple.

Ezodagrom
Feb 23, 2017, 09:21 PM

Tried so and improved a bit more, 16:07.

Xaeris
Feb 23, 2017, 09:54 PM
>Spend one week reaffixing weapons, hunting down the best timed abilities, farming gold badges to buy triggers to practice Gunner technique with to finally get S rank
>Decide to play Bouncer on one EQ for chuckles
>Get S rank on the first try with half assed gear
>MFW
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/Nv1wIbX.png
[/spoiler-box]

ZerotakerZX
Feb 23, 2017, 11:41 PM
>Spend one week reaffixing weapons, hunting down the best timed abilities, farming gold badges to buy triggers to practice Gunner technique with to finally get S rank
>Decide to play Bouncer on one EQ for chuckles
>Get S rank on the first try with half assed gear
>MFW
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/Nv1wIbX.png
[/spoiler-box]

Gunner is a weakling, didn't ya know?

SteveCZ
Feb 24, 2017, 01:49 AM
*This noob decided to attempt Bouncer instead of Fighter for chuckles with half-assed gear like Xaeris*

*This noob still doesn't get an S-rank*

ZER0 DX
Feb 24, 2017, 04:49 AM
And then there's this noob with a +35 Union DB affixed with Astral Soul, Love Fever, Modulator, Power III, and Flict Arma, with mildly half-assed Autere Rear + Austere Arm + Whitill Leg units (Union affixes wiped out all my meseta, but all have at least 80 S-Atk and a good chunk of PP) still can't S-Rank with it. I've tried cheesing it a couple times with a BR/HU using Xie Katana and, while it's an easy clear, it wasn't any better than my BO/HU times. I have 6 clears under my belt and none of them have had more than 4 minutes remaining on the clock. Double I can usually take out in under 5 minutes, PD is what gives me a majority of my problems.

If it's not constantly flying around in the air or staying out of reach, it's my frequently whiffed attacks, lock-on never targeting what I want, poor PP management, weapon switch mistakes, and poor timing on using hotbar abilities that get me. Only one of those is RNG, the rest is all on me. Definitely saving those triggers for 80/80 so I have some hope of S-ranking this thing. I don't care if it's cheating, I just want that title.

Lyrise
Feb 25, 2017, 08:19 AM
And then there's this noob with a +35 Union DB affixed with Astral Soul, Love Fever, Modulator, Power III, and Flict Arma, with mildly half-assed Autere Rear + Austere Arm + Whitill Leg units (Union affixes wiped out all my meseta, but all have at least 80 S-Atk and a good chunk of PP) still can't S-Rank with it. I've tried cheesing it a couple times with a BR/HU using Xie Katana and, while it's an easy clear, it wasn't any better than my BO/HU times. I have 6 clears under my belt and none of them have had more than 4 minutes remaining on the clock. Double I can usually take out in under 5 minutes, PD is what gives me a majority of my problems.

If it's not constantly flying around in the air or staying out of reach, it's my frequently whiffed attacks, lock-on never targeting what I want, poor PP management, weapon switch mistakes, and poor timing on using hotbar abilities that get me. Only one of those is RNG, the rest is all on me. Definitely saving those triggers for 80/80 so I have some hope of S-ranking this thing. I don't care if it's cheating, I just want that title.

At the end of the day it's really just about learning the fight, and thinking about how you can exploit every opening it has.

I decided just to go in with my regular gear (which is as mostly removed from atk spec as possible without purposely gimping my entire character, +140 atk Union Katana +Bow, full union unit set affixed with 55atk per unit), came out with 3 minutes left on the clock. When I first started, the furthest I could really go was just past the Persona fight. In retrospect, it feels kind of nice looking at the improvement to my own skills (at least for this fight anyway) since the first day the solo EM became available. Felt kinda discouraging at first not even being able to finish, to consistent S clear (assuming I equip myself properly).

Now I'm really interested in the clear stats for this mission, which I hope KMR will deliver on the next ARKS Live! stream.

ZER0 DX
Feb 25, 2017, 08:27 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/hYDi9Fn.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

So close I can taste it, I need to find a way to shave off a minute. A bit better PP management and I can probably do it, the trick seems to rely on using photon blade fever a lot more than I was initially using. Still saving triggers for 80/80 just in case, but If I can do it before then I'll feel a lot better about my skills.

Just bummed I wasted meseta grinding that Katana. Guess I'll give it to an alt.

Saffran
Feb 25, 2017, 09:53 AM
I'm still trying to get over the bullshit with Double. All feet are broken fairly easily but after that it's just run away to the max. I can probably shave 4 minutes on there alone with simply good rng.

vantpers
Feb 25, 2017, 10:02 AM
Depending on your class combo and equipment you might be able to kill Double right after he spits the cars when all feet are broken. Or at least finish it off during the spinning gate.

Z-0
Feb 25, 2017, 12:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzAs13GziR4

Kermitpls

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 25, 2017, 07:44 PM
I need to shave off at least 40 seconds. Aside from not being trolled by double, what bits on PD should I kill, and what to ignore?

Lyrise
Feb 25, 2017, 08:29 PM
Even if you're trolled by Double, you should be okay if you killed it off in around 4 minutes, preferably less than.

Assuming you're still running that BR/HU you mentioned earlier, you don't actively go for the bits at all, because they will come to you. For the first 2 phases, if you've whittled the bits down to 1 left (out of 4), then chase it down, otherwise it's going to waste your time as after a period of time, it will detonate the bits, and that alone will kill 15-20 seconds of your time. Keep this in mind because there might be the unlikely chance that none of the bits were chasing you, you may need to go after all 4 actively if some time has passed.

In the 3rd phase, don't even bother chasing down the bits if the hands are available to attack (granted you'll probably be taking down some bits at the same time while you are attacking the hands). Keep hacking away at the hands on the platform until it decides to spam beams at you, then go ahead and chase the bits down, since you can't attack it directly anyway, so you may as well waste the bits that you can attack.

Of course it goes without saying but you can ignore all of the bits after the Persona fight.

pkemr4
Feb 26, 2017, 03:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzAs13GziR4

Kermitpls

you going back to being dead again?

Z-0
Feb 26, 2017, 03:46 AM
I need to shave off at least 40 seconds. Aside from not being trolled by double, what bits on PD should I kill, and what to ignore?
I personally find that Double is honestly not an issue, and using my pure Katana tree with a Xie Katana (not optimal at all), I can consistently kill Double in about 3 minutes ~ 3:30 minutes.

The important thing for Double is not to keep constantly attacking it, but save your PP for when Double does lasers, walls and DoT pools, and use the time in between to restore your PP and gain gear. I personally also use Katana Combat right at the start for the JA Bonus, although that's probably not a good idea to be honest as you'd be better getting gear from a tower movement and then using KC right after that. Use KC after first flight as well so you can fight without harm during the Carousel.

Since you're hybrid tree, Kamikaze x2 with a Banish after the 3rd tongue will annihilate it before it can fly again. You need to connect the Banish while it's doing its animation before releasing the cars, then Kamikaze while it is releasing the cars and it'll die if you're strong enough. If it does do second flight, it dies shortly after anyway because it does rotating walls which Guren keeps up with perfectly.

When fighting PD, use Hatou if you have a good PP bar, Guren otherwise. Use your KC after first counter (for gear), start of Phase 2 and start of Phase 3 to focus the arm. You want to be using Hatou for the arm during Humanoid phase, or the bits will surround you and you'll hit those instead. KC is almost mandatory to get the arm with Hatou as well, as lasers tend to graze you a lot and Massive Hunter has hitstop if something hits you, which makes you miss the Just Charge. Use KC once again after Persona (you must learn how to fight him without KC for best results) so that you can focus the eyeball and kill him.

Also when PD stuns, you can just Hatou it point-blank, which is much nicer than Guren spam.

you going back to being dead again?
https://cdn.frankerfacez.com/emoticon/33947/4

Zulastar
Feb 26, 2017, 09:18 AM
Omg. What I'm doing wrong here 'cause best time I can get is like [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/rE3nlpE.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
With this setup [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ajDpNwL.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] on Br/Hu and stock Astra Reap +35. My best Doubles time is 5 mins. And with Xie's blade time gets much worse...
I wish I can find myself a team for that 20% damage buff T_T

vantpers
Feb 26, 2017, 12:08 PM
It's actually just another shifta. So about 4% damage or less. 20% is just a buff to your base attack. You should definitely look into using PP drink and rerolling it until you get the bonus effect that increases PA damage by 10%, it's much stronger than shifta drink.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 26, 2017, 12:43 PM
Speaking about farming drinks, it seems attempting to move to a full block doesn't reset drink anymore, at least for me. Is there any other way than going campship and quit or actually moving to other blocks?

Droid803
Feb 26, 2017, 12:45 PM
Go to a friend's locked room.
That will reset the drink and keep you in the block.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 26, 2017, 01:12 PM
you can also just take a quest from counter and drop it without visiting campship

Lyrise
Feb 26, 2017, 01:20 PM
Go to a friend's locked room.
That will reset the drink and keep you in the block.

^This.

You don't even have to move.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 26, 2017, 02:02 PM
^This.

You don't even have to move.
but what if all your friends loves you and dock lock away from you?

nguuuquaaa
Feb 26, 2017, 03:39 PM
you can also just take a quest from counter and drop it without visiting campship
It... works now? It doesn't works before.

but what if all your friends loves you and dock lock away from you?
I would just make a clone for the sake of farming drink then :wacko:

Zulastar
Feb 26, 2017, 09:21 PM
Oh.. I see! I need to use drink not on campship but in medical center and reset it if wrong effect occurs >_<
I've never came to this by myself, thanks very very much for an advice ^^

UPD: It much better now. But I don't know why Double is much too fast for me and I can't keep with it's speed. I saw many videos already and it much slower on them... PD doesn't like me tougth... if shit can happen it's 100% chance for me T_T
I think I need much practice with conditions changed by recomended drink, thanks one more time for it. I'll attach video of this try later - on compilating now ^^

Saffran
Feb 26, 2017, 11:03 PM
I got my new 12 stars units and went into the fight with 400 ATK more.
I found my problem.
That fight is just bullshit.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 26, 2017, 11:06 PM
Oh.. I see! I need to use drink not on campship but in medical center and reset it if wrong effect occurs >_<
I've never came to this by myself, thanks very very much for an advice ^^

UPD: It much better now. But I don't know why Double is much too fast for me and I can't keep with it's speed. I saw many videos already and it much slower on them... PD doesn't like me tougth... if shit can happen it's 100% chance for me T_T
I think I need much practice with conditions changed by recomended drink, thanks one more time for it. I'll attach video of this try later - on compilating now ^^

Maybe it's low fps count, or delayed reflexes. It isn't that hard

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 27, 2017, 02:57 AM
Swallowed pride.
Changed to automate.
Went hyper aggro because of it.

http://i.imgsafe.org/3db0e94966.jpg

Shaved almost 2 minutes off my time, and I know I can still be faster in my gear as Br/Hu.

Reilet
Feb 27, 2017, 05:48 AM
for katana br's that isn't using gix, I would like to suggest getting orochi agito with it's photon booster pot along with ul buster on it for kc usage. Would still suggest gix users to get it as well since needing to heal seems impossible to avoid.

For Db bo's i heavily recommend getting niren orochi because (lol) 60% damage on break stance along with ult buster.

Kondibon
Feb 27, 2017, 06:20 AM
Swallowed pride.
Changed to automate.Seriously though. Why does everyone think Automate is just a crutch?

Zephyrion
Feb 27, 2017, 06:38 AM
Seriously though. Why does everyone think Automate is just a crutch?

Well I think he meant that going automate allowed him to play more aggressive in a face-tanky way, which is good when you have trouble dodging (and god knows PD can be a dick when it comes to bit patterns)

However, I do agree that if you got the reflexes and mechanical skills to pull it off, you can play very aggressive while avoiding almost every hit, and just get automate to be the safety layer in case you DO get hit.

ZER0 DX
Feb 27, 2017, 07:05 AM
48 seconds short of an S rank now. It's pretty much down to hoping Double and PD give good patterns at this point.

Vatallus
Feb 27, 2017, 07:17 AM
2nd try. No orbit weapons for PP regen, and no talis for Double. I guess what I am saying is you don't need to have all the gear and 200 pp to S rank solo PD. Then again i've only tried and done it was Fi/Hu and Fo/Te so far. >.>

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/SFpnHFl.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Feb 27, 2017, 07:50 AM
Well I think he meant that going automate allowed him to play more aggressive in a face-tanky way, which is good when you have trouble dodging (and god knows PD can be a dick when it comes to bit patterns)

However, I do agree that if you got the reflexes and mechanical skills to pull it off, you can play very aggressive while avoiding almost every hit, and just get automate to be the safety layer in case you DO get hit.This is what I mean though. I keep seeing people act like Automate is meant to be for surviving mistakes, when it's specifically meant for face tanking without having to stop your damage. I feel like people don't understand the value of being able to trade hits in a game where it takes so long to use healing items normally.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 27, 2017, 08:05 AM
This is what I mean though. I keep seeing people act like Automate is meant to be for surviving mistakes, when it's specifically meant for face tanking without having to stop your damage. I feel like people don't understand the value of being able to trade hits in a game where it takes so long to use healing items normally.
Both ways are compatible more or less I think. Moreover that parrying attacks gives some advantages, especially with katana. Like you can attack intensevily and block things when timing is right.

SteveCZ
Feb 27, 2017, 08:11 AM
I suppose I miss a lot of damage cause of the lack of team tree ... like how many percent? 20% ATK at level 8? :/

ZerotakerZX
Feb 27, 2017, 09:59 AM
I suppose I miss a lot of damage cause of the lack of team tree ... like how many percent? 20% ATK at level 8? :/
something like that, yes. every tiny buff counts with this quest.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 27, 2017, 10:59 AM
This is what I mean though. I keep seeing people act like Automate is meant to be for surviving mistakes, when it's specifically meant for face tanking without having to stop your damage. I feel like people don't understand the value of being able to trade hits in a game where it takes so long to use healing items normally.

I understood the value. It's just that until I did stuff like solo PD, solo LQ, or even solo ult amdusica to finish off old egg sheets, I felt like I didn't need it for anything the game had to throw at players.

Especially now that we're getting 5 more SP soon from level cap, I quite literally won't have a reason to not have automate.

Cyber Meteor
Feb 27, 2017, 11:02 AM

The +20% atk boosts the atk value that is between brackets when you look at the ATK requirements on some weapons, let's say that value is 1000, the team tree boosts, at lvl 8, will give you +200 atk, less if you got like 800 atk instead. 200 atk is like 8-9% dmg boost at best. So the more base atk you got (and this atk value is only influenced by mag, char level and skills, units won't count) the more atk boost you'll get from the tree, though gor example 1200 base atk will give 240 atk boost from the team tree, so you shouldn't worry too much about the base atk if you can get the +20% atk from team tree already

Cyber Meteor
Feb 27, 2017, 02:21 PM
Sorry for double posting but really, FINALLY!!!!! :D I knew those new units set would make a difference : Union set with 115 atk/13PP on each; i had a P-drive + Double set (PP crafted) with 50 atk/100HP/13PP before, max score was 13:21 though

[SPOILER-BOX]I wanted to hide them first but i found the autowords acted funny at a second look xDhttp://i.imgur.com/Sx0kn8f.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/d07NBFd.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Equipement used : Austere rifle with base affixes and the union units mentionned above + some foods :p
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/fecYH1f.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I don't think i'll get back on the p-drive + Double set xD

Oh also, if you're using the weakpoint dmg boost drink make sure your weapon element matches the element weakness of the enemy, i tried with an AIS rifle +32 with +115 atk that was Ice 60 element, pretty much same atk value than my Austere rifle, but ended up doing like 12-15% less dmg on WBed point with the AIS rifle :p. It says "weakpoint dmg boost" but it seems to care about your weapon's element to apply the boost

ZER0 DX
Feb 28, 2017, 03:41 AM
Got a bad PD pattern, did a whole minute worse than last time. 3rd phase decided it didn't want to go anywhere near the platform, even after breaking the bits.

Ezodagrom
Feb 28, 2017, 09:00 AM
This is probably as good as it gets for me. ^^;

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/xjKtxit.jpg[/spoiler-box]

nguuuquaaa
Feb 28, 2017, 09:05 AM
PD decided it's not necessary to release bits even after breaking like 4+ parts.
Fk.

Vatallus
Feb 28, 2017, 10:52 AM
I had a PD that didn't want to return into attack range after going into the 2nd phase.

Dash Charge - Debris Throw - Dash Charge - Debris Throw - Ground Stab.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Altiea
Mar 3, 2017, 05:43 PM
The PD schedule finally aligned with mine in months, so I gave it a good try. Boots are great for chasing Double, but DPSing is hard outside of Rapid Boost. Also, the woes of being undergeared with this sad 30 Ele Austere. Guess I'll be hunting for the Xie Boots to give it another go.

Zulastar
Mar 3, 2017, 06:46 PM
Improved my time a little.
http://i.imgur.com/63f1xjC.jpg

Still lack 1.30 for S-rank. 畜生!

SteveCZ
Mar 3, 2017, 08:18 PM
Still between 12 to 13 minutes.. and still will not be getting Xie's weapon only for this crap.