Kondibon
Feb 13, 2017, 05:57 PM
Sega REALLY doesn't want me to play huh? :T

Anon_Fire
Feb 13, 2017, 06:36 PM
What controllers are you using?

Kondibon
Feb 13, 2017, 06:37 PM
Just a 360 pad. My issue is the default controls being obnoxiously clunky.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 13, 2017, 08:25 PM
360 wireless (currently connected via charge n play kit cable since battery R.I.P) player here and haven't had issues using it :o

provided I don't use Xpadder just plug n play

Xaeris
Feb 13, 2017, 08:54 PM
I don't use Joy2Key, but that's stupid. Hopefully it's just some kind of weird oversight with a fix in the works and not something they actually meant to do.

Kondibon
Feb 13, 2017, 08:58 PM
I don't use Joy2Key, but that's stupid. Hopefully it's just some kind of weird oversight with a fix in the works and not something they actually meant to do.To be fair, there's a lot of exploity stuff you can do with it.

red1228
Feb 13, 2017, 09:04 PM
Just a 360 pad. My issue is the default controls being obnoxiously clunky.
If all you're using is a 360 controller, why do you require using a 3rd party software to remap the buttons? You can do so in-game already...?

Kondibon
Feb 13, 2017, 09:11 PM
If all you're using is a 360 controller, why do you require using a 3rd party software to remap the buttons? You can do so in-game already...?It's not about remapping the buttons, it's about getting more functionality out of the limited buttons. I hate playing 3rd person action games on a KB&M but there are so many keyboard functions you just can't use with normal gamepad controls.

red1228
Feb 13, 2017, 09:24 PM
Ah, I see.

Zorak000
Feb 13, 2017, 10:09 PM
what's next is gamegaurd going to actively scan your open windows for the word "hack"

ZerotakerZX
Feb 13, 2017, 10:24 PM
well that blows. But xpadder is better anyway, hope they won't block it too. YOu gonna need to waste some time switching software.

Keilyn
Feb 14, 2017, 02:53 AM
I understand why it was done....
People remap to make gameplay faster on their end.
Some to the extent of Dual-Mapping.

I will give you two exploits

One that involves DUAL MAPPING common to old shooters
[spoiler-box]Many years ago when Shooters first came out, Sniper Rifles inflicted more damage scoped to a target....
Lets say your key for scope zooming was Middle Mouse Button:

Middlemousebutton = ToggleScope | On-Release Fire

Take a Sniper Rifle and put it over a player's head unscoped.
Press Middle Mouse Button and it scopes + Headshots simultaneously for full damage. GG!!
[/spoiler-box]

How to win at MMORPG PvP w/o cheating, but still being infracted and quite possibly banned
[spoiler-box]Years ago I was told to a breaking point that winning at MMORPG PvP required Skill and Equipment.

What we did actually was ingenious, but I came up with it out of SHEER AND ABSOLUTE ANGER.....

I said "IM GOING TO RIP THEIR EYEBALLS OUT AND SELL IT TO THEIR GRANDMOTHERS!!!"

We knew we needed TANKS, DPS, and Healers....
So I created a team completely built on EXPLOITING THE HITBOX SIZE.....

All DPS were the SMALLEST Characters possible; SO SMALL that Loli's seemed tall! (DRESSED IN DARK)
ALL TANKS were the TALLEST and WIDEST Characters Possible.... So wide that "That ain't no small moon.... Its your Mama!!!" Fat!
ALL Healers were the SMALLEST Characters possible; They were dressed in Light Colors

Advantages of SMALL HIT BOXES:

~Targeting us from a distant becomes tougher
~Evading an attack from a distant is easier since we are smaller and cover helps us better (smaller = cover is better)

People playing on CRT Monitors will notice the Black Dot Blinking at the edge when response time adjusts for its movement.
People playing on LCD Monitors will notice the Black Dot as just a Black Background from a distance due to low response time on distances.

Advantage of LARGE HIT BOXES:
~Blocking the view of incoming players. The larger the character, the more of the screen it consumes of the player attacking the character.
~The greater the disruption vs incoming player. If the larger character is wearing that super shiny, high-res texture = Enemy FPS drop!
~Smaller Characters behind the TANK can be TAB-TARGETED, but unless its an AoE attack, that attack is going to hit the tank.
~Easier to Block an attack with a MUCH WIDER HIT BOX

So at the end....when we had our gear and fought those tools!
We annihilated and decimated them to the point we not only sold their eyeballs to their grandmothers...
But we also had enough paint made from their blood to cover their guild hall in it,
and finally, their flesh and bones kept our furnaces running hot!
Amen and Good Riddance!!!
[/spoiler-box]

Sirius-91
Feb 14, 2017, 05:33 AM
what's next is gamegaurd going to actively scan your open windows for the word "hack"
But if you're a legitimate user, you shouldn't be using anything with hack in it. /s

jooozek
Feb 14, 2017, 08:53 AM
If all you're using is a 360 controller, why do you require using a 3rd party software to remap the buttons? You can do so in-game already...?

you can't map the xbox 360 guide button in pso2 options
checkmate :wacko:
i kinda wish they'd fuck off with that though or fix xinput controller support, can't press both triggers because the game treats them as axis so can't really jump and swap palette at once

ZerotakerZX
Feb 14, 2017, 12:41 PM
:\ I'm slowly falling victim to arthritis, so I kind of need stuff like joytokey for certain stuff. Yeah I can complete button mash terminals fairly quickly on my own, but it hurts and might make the rest of my day miserable. Not to mention I need to be able to pick up loot quickly so I'm not slowing the party down. Without hurting myself or my controller.

Then there's the fact I'm using a ps4 controller (hate xbox controllers) and native support for it is garbage. You have to do some weird shit with the r2/l2 to get the analog sticks to work, and then like jooozek said, you can't do stuff while holding r2/l2 so OH BOY I HOPE YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING IMPORTANT MAPPED TO THOSE. (Force becomes unplayable.) And you can't even map the whole controller. Home button and touchpad? Nope! Two wasted buttons that make 3-button impossible for me to do well. Joytokey lets me map those (well, touchpad only gets to be ONE thing, but that's okay...) and makes it playable. I changed touchpad to be my interact/pick up and circle to be my subpalette. Home button is the 1 key so I always have quick access to whatever is on that slot. Even if they had FULL native support for ps4 controllers, they wouldn't let you map stuff to a specific slot on the subpalette, which is kinda dumb. Let me do whatever I want with my controller, man. If I want to potentially waste a button on that, let me.
(For whatever reason, I can't get inputmapper's macros to work with PSO2, or else I'd just use that and save myself the memory.)

Anyway. There is no way to harmfully exploit joytokey. The most you can do is set up a turbo macro because there's no way to set how much time passes between multiple inputs to make something as useful as a dashing macro with joytokey. And what can you do with turbo? You can complete button mash terminals quickly. That's not harmful. If they want to call that an exploit, they should look at all the stuff being done to dash faster and stop calling them "strategies."
You can complete the mining machines in one go, but who the hell cares about that.
You can do all of Holding Current immediately, but again, WHO CARES? It has a hard cap of how many ticks it can do.
You can pick items up quickly?? That isn't harmful, either. If anything, it should be a sign that sega needs to make their own "hold the button down" method of picking items up go faster instead of whatever 2-or-3-presses-per-second they have it set to. With so many item boxes, a lot of time is wasted at the end of stuff like Magatsu just struggling with picking stuff up. (YOU may not have a problem with it, but then you get a party member or two who are abysmally slow at it and you have to wait for them.)
You can turn client orders in without wasting a bunch of time. Having it mash the enter key for you makes turning in 20 orders in a row far less painful, and far less worrisome for the longevity of the controller. But again, how is that exploitative??
(No longer relevant due to QOL updates, but I used to have macros set for tekking weapons and desynthing discs.)

It would just be Sega being spoilsports again and throwing a tantrum over people not doing things how they say people should do them.

That said, I was still using it for mommy EQ earlier today without a problem. Just to make sure, I've let the game and joytokey running for a few minutes just now and gameguard hasn't thrown a fit yet. (It usually throws its fit within 2min) Then again, maybe it'll start up the next time I launch joytokey. In which case rip.
But if it has anything to do with it, my setup goes:
-Inputmapper (360 controller emulator) set to run on startup
-Joytokey shortcut set to always run as admin without UAC (permanent whitelist)
-Launching PSO2 via .bat I can tell you are really upset... but just switch to xpadder. its better anyway.

emanresuj
Feb 14, 2017, 01:57 PM
:\ I'm slowly falling victim to arthritis, so I kind of need stuff like joytokey for certain stuff. Yeah I can complete button mash terminals fairly quickly on my own, but it hurts and might make the rest of my day miserable. Not to mention I need to be able to pick up loot quickly so I'm not slowing the party down. Without hurting myself or my controller.

Then there's the fact I'm using a ps4 controller (hate xbox controllers) and native support for it is garbage. You have to do some weird shit with the r2/l2 to get the analog sticks to work, and then like jooozek said, you can't do stuff while holding r2/l2 so OH BOY I HOPE YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING IMPORTANT MAPPED TO THOSE. (Force becomes unplayable.) And you can't even map the whole controller. Home button and touchpad? Nope! Two wasted buttons that make 3-button impossible for me to do well. Joytokey lets me map those (well, touchpad only gets to be ONE thing, but that's okay...) and makes it playable. I changed touchpad to be my interact/pick up and circle to be my subpalette. Home button is the 1 key so I always have quick access to whatever is on that slot. Even if they had FULL native support for ps4 controllers, they wouldn't let you map stuff to a specific slot on the subpalette, which is kinda dumb. Let me do whatever I want with my controller, man. If I want to potentially waste a button on that, let me.
(For whatever reason, I can't get inputmapper's macros to work with PSO2, or else I'd just use that and save myself the memory.)

Anyway. There is no way to harmfully exploit joytokey. The most you can do is set up a turbo macro because there's no way to set how much time passes between multiple inputs to make something as useful as a dashing macro with joytokey. And what can you do with turbo? You can complete button mash terminals quickly. That's not harmful. If they want to call that an exploit, they should look at all the stuff being done to dash faster and stop calling them "strategies."
You can complete the mining machines in one go, but who the hell cares about that.
You can do all of Holding Current immediately, but again, WHO CARES? It has a hard cap of how many ticks it can do.
You can pick items up quickly?? That isn't harmful, either. If anything, it should be a sign that sega needs to make their own "hold the button down" method of picking items up go faster instead of whatever 2-or-3-presses-per-second they have it set to. With so many item boxes, a lot of time is wasted at the end of stuff like Magatsu just struggling with picking stuff up. (YOU may not have a problem with it, but then you get a party member or two who are abysmally slow at it and you have to wait for them.)
You can turn client orders in without wasting a bunch of time. Having it mash the enter key for you makes turning in 20 orders in a row far less painful, and far less worrisome for the longevity of the controller. But again, how is that exploitative??
(No longer relevant due to QOL updates, but I used to have macros set for tekking weapons and desynthing discs.)

It would just be Sega being spoilsports again and throwing a tantrum over people not doing things how they say people should do them.

That said, I was still using it for mommy EQ earlier today without a problem. Just to make sure, I've let the game and joytokey running for a few minutes just now and gameguard hasn't thrown a fit yet. (It usually throws its fit within 2min) Then again, maybe it'll start up the next time I launch joytokey. In which case rip.
But if it has anything to do with it, my setup goes:
-Inputmapper (360 controller emulator) set to run on startup
-Joytokey shortcut set to always run as admin without UAC (permanent whitelist)
-Launching PSO2 via .bat

so lucky...
1.) what version jtk are you using? i hear some versions older than latest (5.8.2) still work.
2.) have you restarted the game since mid monday? gameguard files with timestamp before 2/13 do not have an issue; restarting game will force gg to update to hell version.

this all has really inspired sadness within me.

Kondibon
Feb 14, 2017, 04:01 PM
so lucky...
1.) what version jtk are you using? i hear some versions older than latest (5.8.2) still work.I'm using 5.7 and still getting the error for reference.

emanresuj
Feb 14, 2017, 04:15 PM
I'm using 5.7 and still getting the error for reference.

2ch saying may need to go as far back as 5.1.x :/

Maybe 5.2.x, not sure.

I wonder what changed in later versions to flag vis-à-vis earlier ones as they are pretty much all capable of the much maligned turbo function.

Kondibon
Feb 14, 2017, 04:34 PM
I wonder what changed in later versions to flag vis-à-vis earlier ones as they are pretty much all capable of the much maligned turbo function.I doubt it was intentional. Something in GG probably got updated and just happened to catch some random thing in Joy To Key at the same time, rather than specifically targeting it.

emanresuj
Feb 14, 2017, 05:43 PM
That's what i believe as well. Several of the updated gg files became substantially larger. Nonetheless, i hope this is all over soon. The four panel comics being made are very not funny to me right now.

doomdragon83
Feb 14, 2017, 06:04 PM
I used to use a wired 360 controller directly and close to default controls before the sticks got loose and the wire shorted out some how. I've started playing PSO2 again but with a DS4 but PSO2 doesn't support DS4 off the bat (not sure why since there's a PS4 version and all). I use DS4windows and as long as you check the "Hide DS4 Controller" option, you should be good to go. I just hope they don't mess around with DS4Windows or I'm just not going to play any more.

emanresuj
Feb 14, 2017, 06:12 PM
i use ds4w as well, but it actually serves a different purpose for me. it is also not as powerful as jtk, for mapping. also, the ds4 works natively with pso2.

doomdragon83
Feb 14, 2017, 06:23 PM
also, the ds4 works natively with pso2.
I've tried to use it natively but would mess up like my camera moving non stop and buttons get mixed up too. I tried recalibrating within the game but it wouldn't work and it prevents me from using the triggers. I'll try again later.

emanresuj
Feb 14, 2017, 08:20 PM
I've relaunched PSO2 various times since the update, yeah. Haven't relaunched joytokey yet out of pointless paranoia (if it happens, it happens-- I can't not reboot again.)
I've been using version 5.2.1. Never bothered to update since it worked fine.

Also DS4 may have SOME native support with PSO2, but as covered earlier in the thread, it has SHITTY native support. You can't do stuff while holding the trigger buttons (L2/R2), trying to configure the analog sticks takes some weird finger gymnastics with the triggers as well, and then it just doesn't work as smoothly. And you can't map the whole controller.

i believe 5.2.1 is unaffected, so you're fine!

with respect to the ds4 controller, this statement is incorrect. the ds4 (since cuh-zct1u in 2014) has been compatible with windows (at least 8.1 and above [i have not tried xp or 7 with it]) all buttons and bluetooth. the issue is that the analog neutral is midline. this throws off (to sometimes hilarious effect) any program seeking to interface with the ds4 (pso2 included) if not considered. the trouble is that compensating for this issue in game, application settings, etc is a spectacular exercise in frustration currently all but obviated by the existence of driver suites such as ds4w. ds4w is a driver suite that exposes extra ds4 functionality to windows (and therefore all dependent applications) and provides some mapping functionality, though the latter kinda isn't its raison d'être. for me, this is where jtk comes in. regardless, i am not here to say this or that about one program or another, just to vent publicly my frustration with recent recentness.

EvilMag
Feb 16, 2017, 02:16 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=10683

Looks like Joy2Key just got caught in the crossfire?

jooozek
Feb 16, 2017, 09:09 AM
we are getting 1013 from j2k, not 1002 so doubtful

IceBurner
Feb 16, 2017, 04:18 PM
Sadly Xpadder does not simulate virtual buttons. I had Joy2Key setup to make up for SEGA's incompletely copying the 3-button control scheme from PSO1, resulting in 1 less free button than the original game (can't do anything without some glaring flaw, can they....)

In PSO1, The "shift palette" button changed all four face buttons: 3 main palette actions AND the 4th, non-customizeable face button. So you had 8 total inputs using 5 buttons:

3 user-defined actions on A, B, and X
3 more user-defined actions on R+A, R+B, and R+X
"Access" (push buttons, talk to someone, etc.) on Y
"Shortcut menu" (the 1-button equivalent to PSO2's palette system) on R+Y

PSO2 does not shift the last face button, which leaves the controller short an input compared to PSO1's control scheme, while simultaneously having far more functions to assign.

What I used to do with JoyToKey was have my 4th face button (Cross) assigned to the key for Evade, while the combination of R1 + Cross was assigned to a virtual gamepad button which pushed the key for Access, so I could pick up items. This let me have the following scheme:

L1: Camera center/lock
L2: "Open Subpalette"
L3: Not assigned, too easy to press accidentally in the middle of combat, while it's not comfortable enough to press repeatedly on purpose.
R1: Shift palette
R2: Jump
R3: TPS view
Up/Down: Cycle Main Palette
Left/Right: Cycle Sub Palette
Select: Select Menu
Start: Main Menu
PS Button: Unassignable, c'mon SCP drivers :/
Square: Action 1
Triangle Action 2
Circle: Action 3
Cross:: Evade
R1+ Square: Action 4
R1+ Triangle Action 5
R1+ Circle: Action 6
R1+ Cross:: Access

While I could move Access to Select, it's too far a reach for my thumb to be comfortable with the amount of items you have to pick up quickly in this game. Having both it and evade, plus all the palette actions, all on the face buttons was ideal for not putting too much stress on my hands.

What I'm trying to work out is whether or not Xpadder can achieve the same result without use of a virtual button. If it can make Cross submit the "X" keypress, R1 submit "Shift Palette", but R1+Cross submit the "E" keypress, then I could actually use a controller comfortably for all classes again.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2017, 06:01 PM
Sadly Xpadder does not simulate virtual buttons. I had Joy2Key setup to make up for SEGA's incompletely copying the 3-button control scheme from PSO1, resulting in 1 less free button than the original game (can't do anything without some glaring flaw, can they....)

In PSO1, The "shift palette" button changed all four face buttons: 3 main palette actions AND the 4th, non-customizeable face button. So you had 8 total inputs using 5 buttons:

3 user-defined actions on A, B, and X
3 more user-defined actions on R+A, R+B, and R+X
"Access" (push buttons, talk to someone, etc.) on Y
"Shortcut menu" (the 1-button equivalent to PSO2's palette system) on R+Y

PSO2 does not shift the last face button, which leaves the controller short an input compared to PSO1's control scheme, while simultaneously having far more functions to assign.

What I used to do with JoyToKey was have my 4th face button (Cross) assigned to the key for Evade, while the combination of R1 + Cross was assigned to a virtual gamepad button which pushed the key for Access, so I could pick up items. This let me have the following scheme:

L1: Camera center/lock
L2: "Open Subpalette"
L3: Not assigned, too easy to press accidentally in the middle of combat, while it's not comfortable enough to press repeatedly on purpose.
R1: Shift palette
R2: Jump
R3: TPS view
Up/Down: Cycle Main Palette
Left/Right: Cycle Sub Palette
Select: Select Menu
Start: Main Menu
PS Button: Unassignable, c'mon SCP drivers :/
Square: Action 1
Triangle Action 2
Circle: Action 3
Cross:: Evade
R1+ Square: Action 4
R1+ Triangle Action 5
R1+ Circle: Action 6
R1+ Cross:: Access

While I could move Access to Select, it's too far a reach for my thumb to be comfortable with the amount of items you have to pick up quickly in this game. Having both it and evade, plus all the palette actions, all on the face buttons was ideal for not putting too much stress on my hands.

What I'm trying to work out is whether or not Xpadder can achieve the same result without use of a virtual button. If it can make Cross submit the "X" keypress, R1 submit "Shift Palette", but R1+Cross submit the "E" keypress, then I could actually use a controller comfortably for all classes again.Are you not using the set selector options in "Advanced" when you're setting up the input? Because it sounds like that's what you want.

IceBurner
Feb 17, 2017, 03:23 AM
I haven't purchased Xpadder yet, as I didn't want to buy it without knowing it could handle this. Between their forum and demo video, I couldn't tell, so I emailed the author this morning, but have not yet heard back. Since there's no demo/shareware/free version, I have no other way to find out but asking.

Edit: Also thank you for the suggestion that it can potentially handle this.

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2017, 03:30 AM
Since there's no demo/shareware/free version, I have no other way to find out but asking.There's an old freeware version floating around, which is what I'm using.

IceBurner
Feb 17, 2017, 03:59 AM
There's an old freeware version floating around, which is what I'm using.

Hurrah! Found it, tried it, worked! Current version subsequently purchased.

Strayed
Feb 17, 2017, 04:36 AM
I swapped from joytokey to xpadder but I can't figure out if xpadder can replicate one of joytokey's old functions. I had Access/Pick up set up to rapid-fire after holding it down for it 0.1 seconds for Lilipa TA switches. Is there any option to do something similar in xpadder? I'm using the freeware version of xpadder btw.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 17, 2017, 05:05 AM
I swapped from joytokey to xpadder but I can't figure out if xpadder can replicate one of joytokey's old functions. I had Access/Pick up set up to rapid-fire after holding it down for it 0.1 seconds for Lilipa TA switches. Is there any option to do something similar in xpadder? I'm using the freeware version of xpadder btw.
Just make this button a turbo one, it should work as good.

emanresuj
Feb 19, 2017, 04:40 PM
not sure if everyone has moved to antimicro/xpadder, but if anyone still cares, my friend has been talking to the jtk dev. the dev is working on a solution and has uploaded the latest working copy for anyone interested: http://joytokey.net/download/JoyToKey_en_5_2_1.zip

jooozek
Feb 21, 2017, 04:59 PM
not sure if everyone has moved to antimicro/xpadder, but if anyone still cares, my friend has been talking to the jtk dev. the dev is working on a solution and has uploaded the latest working copy for anyone interested: http://joytokey.net/download/JoyToKey_en_5_2_1.zip

doesn't detect triggers at all for me on my wireless x360 gamepad

Kondibon
Feb 21, 2017, 08:34 PM
doesn't detect triggers at all for me on my wireless x360 gamepadIt's not a new build, it's the oldest one that works, so it makes sense that it would be missing functionality.

emanresuj
Feb 24, 2017, 12:36 AM
hi guys!

i have some exciting news for some reading this thread! my friend told me JTK emailed a possibly working build of joytokey to verify, and it worked! it has been posted to the website; it's labeled as 5.9 and includes a few other nifty features.

enjoy!

i'm so happy. a few passionate people can make a difference, etc etc etc etc etc — http://youtu.be/JoGST8SKQww is all of my feels right now (i wonder why most of the youtube zim seems to be in spanish)

rsod
Feb 24, 2017, 08:20 PM
hmm did you tried default bypass method - adding bunch of zeroes in .exe and .dll files with hex editor?

emanresuj
Mar 5, 2017, 03:52 PM
i wish it were that easy!

in any case, there is now a donation page here: http://joytokey.net/en/donate. finally i can tip the author ...