PDA

View Full Version : New Player Questions

PosionIvy
Feb 16, 2017, 01:23 AM
So I just started this game 3 days ago and I just got to lvl 40 and I was wondering what was a good way to make money at my lvl.

I tried buying an 11 star weapon from the player shop and it seems you need some kind of pass but I was looking up online and you only get those by being premium? I noticed there was this 2017 event where you can get really nice looking weapons. Does this apply to the 2017 event weapons do I need one of those star passes to get the weapons from the 2017 event NPC?

Sorry if these are noob questions xD

kurokyosuke
Feb 16, 2017, 01:36 AM
Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385)

People will forgive you for the first time, though. Anyway:
You should get to level 50 for money, as well as unlock all of the areas. This will give you access to Time Attack Quests, which Chroto/Klotho has COs for. These COs give you ~1.5m once a week per character.

★10~12 weapons and ★10~11 units require a pass which you get by exchanging the respective equipment for passes at the Recycle Shop (ex: you own a ★11 weapon, but don't want it, so you exchange it for a ★11 weapon pass), but you must have Premium in order to do so. There's going to be a future update which allows these items to be purchased without passes (I don't know when, though).

Run the Valentine's EQ or the Limited Time Quest to get 2017 Weapons Badges. You just trade in 200 of those badges for one weapon. However, you must collect multiple of the weapons in order to improve their damage significantly (at least 2 to get the element level to 60; 6 to be able to grind the weapon to the max level of +35).

P.S. People will rip on you if you don't, at the very least, max out the element on a weapon, since you lose out on a big chunk of damage by not doing so. Even if you fight an enemy that's not weak to the weapon's element, the element rating of the weapon is still added to your weapon as a percentage (i.e. element 30 adds 30% damage, 60 adds 60%, etc.). The increase in damage when using an enemy's weakness element is insignificant unless you use a class that relies on it (i.e. Techter and Bouncer).

PosionIvy
Feb 16, 2017, 01:45 AM
Oh I see sorry hehe, and thanks for the info I already farmed around 100 2017 weapon badges i was just worried that I would need a 13 star ticket to get one xD thanks again.

Sizustar
Feb 16, 2017, 01:56 AM
Oh I see sorry hehe, and thanks for the info I already farmed around 100 2017 weapon badges i was just worried that I would need a 13 star ticket to get one xD thanks again.

Pass is for buying through player shop, and will be removed in a future update

Anduril
Feb 16, 2017, 02:55 AM
Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385)

People will forgive you for the first time, though. Anyway:
You should get to level 50 for money, as well as unlock all of the areas. This will give you access to Time Attack Quests, which Chroto/Klotho has COs for. These COs give you ~1.5m once a week per character.

★10~12 weapons and ★10~11 units require a pass which you get by exchanging the respective equipment for passes at the Recycle Shop (ex: you own a ★11 weapon, but don't want it, so you exchange it for a ★11 weapon pass), but you must have Premium in order to do so. There's going to be a future update which allows these items to be purchased without passes (I don't know when, though).

Run the Valentine's EQ or the Limited Time Quest to get 2017 Weapons Badges. You just trade in 200 of those badges for one weapon. However, you must collect multiple of the weapons in order to improve their damage significantly (at least 2 to get the element level to 60; 6 to be able to grind the weapon to the max level of +35).

P.S. People will rip on you if you don't, at the very least, max out the element on a weapon, since you lose out on a big chunk of damage by not doing so. Even if you fight an enemy that's not weak to the weapon's element, the element rating of the weapon is still added to your weapon as a percentage (i.e. element 30 adds 30% damage, 60 adds 60%, etc.). The increase in damage when using an enemy's weakness element is insignificant unless you use a class that relies on it (i.e. Techter and Bouncer).
Just a minor correction, attribute rate adds to the weapon's ATK, not to damage; ie. a weapon with 1000ATK and 60% will have 1600ATK for damage calculations.

TehCubey
Feb 16, 2017, 09:43 AM
How to make money:
Klotho weekly client orders, also daily orders at the counter. They add up. That's the basics. The real money in the game is from picking up items with good affixes and selling them in your shop to other players. If you come across a unit or a weapon with many affixes (4+ for a unit, 5-6+ for a weapon), it might be worth to check what affixes it has and checking their prices at a visiphone. Also anything with Modulator on it sells well, but those drop from ARKS clones which are very rare.

What weapons are good:
Pre-SH difficulty: pick up a basic (non-newtype) weapon, use crafting to extend it to level 1. Anything really works here, what is important is that the weapon is: 1. 50 element (if it isn't, you can improve element by element grinding using other weapons of the same name, same element too if possible), 2. grinded to +10.
SH: start doing collection files (visit Pudding for them). Ideally you want a 13* weapon as quickly as possible, with 60 element. Do note that 13*s take lambda grinders to grind, but t's still worth it. And when you do not have a 13* yet, consider using a Nox series 12* which will probably drop from a collection file by this point.