PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Reskin Discussions

Meteor Weapon
Feb 19, 2017, 07:54 PM
Been playing this game since early release, I'm quite surprised and amazed that this game has no lazy reskins like previous games did. The transition of most normal to Ultimate enemies are vastly different, from Rockbear to Bayaribbles even both Wolgahda and probably Org Blan who are reskins have different movesets of their. The rare form of Tranmizer, Tranzexia even had an additional third form.

In the previous games most of the re-skinned enemies I've seen don't vary much other then just minor tweaking like stats, speeds and probably add a little moveset to make it somewhat a little different. I think the biggest offender of reskins would be PSU, where they'd go so far to just reskin bosses like Dulk Falkis to Mother Brain and Dark Falz lol.

So far I have yet to see lazy reskins in PSO2, ESCA Darker aren't lazy reskins IMO because they are to me just another enhanced form of existing Darkers hell they still have their own unique movesets, same with Yuga Darkers despite their only difference in appearance are colors.

Are there any lazy reskins that has gone unnoticed?

Kondibon
Feb 19, 2017, 08:28 PM
People used to complain that Quartz dragon is "just a reskin" of vol dragon, so it's nice to see someone who agrees with me that they did a good job with alternate enemies.

Anduril
Feb 19, 2017, 09:24 PM
The only straight reskins that I can recall, aside from most rare enemies, are Gulfur and Fangulfur; I don't think they have any moves or behaviors that are different than Gulf and Fangulf.

Mattykins
Feb 19, 2017, 10:07 PM
As far as I know, most of the Skyscape dragons are just reskins of the Caves versions, right? I mean, except like... the obvious ones.