PDA

View Full Version : March Customs/Rings Discussion

Altiea
Feb 19, 2017, 10:02 PM
Another month, another batch of new stuff! And no such thing as being late to the party, right?

PA/Technique Customs

Ein Raketen Type-0: Generate either a stationary slash or a sword wave based on Weapon Mode.
Rodeo Drive Type-0: Hold PA button to continue flying; release to slam the ground with your Launcher for damage.
Sakura Endo Type-0: Becomes a fast-charge version where your first slash comes out first, then pressing the PA button again unleashes the second slash (think IF0 for TMGs).
Sacred Skewer Type-0: Becomes a charged attack where you chuck your Partizan at foes instead of throwing up. Can change direction while charging.
Gi Grants Type-0: Caster becomes surrounded by spinning blades while charging; release charge to unleash a massive blade of light upon foes.
Raging Waltz Type-0: Direction can be freely altered.
Na Barta Type-0: Generate an ice shield that blocks attacks and counters with Ice Technique Damage when struck.

Other PA/Tech Custom Info:

Customized PAs/Techs can be reset for 4 Excubes.

Rings

L/Atomizer Lovers: Boost animation speed for Atomizers and boost recovery rate.
L/Point Weak Bullet: Weak Bullet hits foes through solid objects.
L/Katana Combat Count Up: Double hit accumulation for Katana Combat.
R/HP Restorate: Identical to Summoner Skill "HP Restorate".
R/Flame Tech S Charge: Identical to Force Skill "Flame Tech S Charge".

Unannounced Rings

L/T. Machinegun S. Up: When a Stance is activated while Twin Machineguns are equipped, increase Striking and Ranged damage..

SteveCZ
Feb 19, 2017, 10:41 PM
Gi Grants seems to be the most promising to me. Hopefully it goes with the damage as well.
So... Na Barta is PP-based Continuous Tech Charge Parry or what?

Nyansan
Feb 19, 2017, 10:48 PM
En Rakuten and Gigrants are both pretty hype, Sacred Skewer is what Tears Grid should have been in the first place and might be useful for volg combos. Sakura has 2 fast swipes for less than 10 pp for both so might consider that over current version and Nabarta seems pretty eh with how it just fast it drains that PP bar, unless you can use it like a just guard. Rodeo Drive is basically Straight Charge TA lazymobbing for launcher :wacko: Can't really get what changed with Raging waltz other than the low pp cost.

Rings all seem pretty meh IMO. Flame Tech Charge could be a useful utility for Te safoie action but if the charge decrease is pretty low might as well forget it.

Altiea
Feb 19, 2017, 10:50 PM
Gi Grants seems to be the most promising to me. Hopefully it goes with the damage as well.
So... Na Barta is PP-based Continuous Tech Charge Parry or what?

Sort of; according to the footage, Na Barta Type-0 chews through your PP reserves at a blistering rate while active, but when struck, always Just Guards and restores PP (about 20, going off what the video showed) on counter.

Going by these parameters, I can expect this Tech to be situationally useful when you're being mobbed by multiple bosses/UQ enemies, or as a shield in general.

SteveCZ
Feb 19, 2017, 10:52 PM
Does it say anything about Flame Tech Charge being unwearable as Fo? but I'd just assume Fo can't wear it.

Sort of; according to the footage, Na Barta Type-0 chews through your PP reserves at a blistering rate while active, but when struck, always Just Guards and restores PP (about 20, going off what the video showed) on counter.

Going by these parameters, I can expect this Tech to be situationally useful when you're being mobbed by multiple bosses/UQ enemies.

:-o that's cool. Hu/Fo tank rejoyce!

final_attack
Feb 19, 2017, 11:04 PM
Another month, another batch of new stuff! And no such thing as being late to the party, right?

PA/Technique Customs

Ein Raketen Type-0: Generate either a stationary slash or a sword wave based on Weapon Mode.
Rodeo Drive Type-0: Hold PA button to continue flying; release to slam the ground with your Launcher for damage.
Sakura Endo Type-0: Has a fast-charge aerial version.
Gi Grants Type-0: Caster becomes surrounded by spinning blades while charging; release charge to unleash a massive blade of light upon foes.

Rings

L/Point Weak Bullet: Weak Bullet hits foes through solid objects.
L/Katana Combat Count Up: Max hit count for Katana Combat is increased.
R/HP Restorate: Identical to Summoner Skill "HP Restorate".

Kinda interested in those PAs ......
- That Ein's gimmick ..... gonna need to see how it goes once it's live.
- I wonder if Rodeo's final hit count as ranged or melee damage.
- Sakura End seems fine too with that Aerial (the only ★13 weapon I had for those custom PA that I had affixed properly :wacko: on my alt though)

- and Gi-Grants seems really fun ...... though I still haven't got ★13 Talis (or Rod) yet .....

- I wonder if the PointWeakBullet only went through objects ..... having WB to went through mobs would be pretty nice to prevent ..... 'accident'.
- As for KatanaCombatCount ..... I wonder if it'll also give additional hit count when building number of hits, once it's grinded (to 20 maybe).
- That HP Restorate ..... probably pretty nice to have, if it behave like Lv10 HP restorate (at least, at +20)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 20, 2017, 12:53 AM
In the trailer, Sakura 0 cost 8pp per use from the looks of it.
Instantly worried about the base damage possibly suffering, on top of the loss of charge skill effect.

I don't even want to bother mentioning the KC ring. Hatou has been falling out of favor for a long time thanks to pp cost and position requirement, and that's the best PA for even having a chance at reaching the increased cap on a single target. They should have done something else.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised with sakura craft.
Oddly okay with 2 set austere + 12* leg being better for br/hu due to several shit L rings.

Still wishing for something to shrink the gap between bossing with a katana, and using a bow, and this is another chance wasted from the looks of it.

Altiea
Feb 20, 2017, 01:00 AM
GIFs and thoughts for all upcoming Customs.

Ein Raketen Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/MtNLQET.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
Gun Mode is a pretty standard ranged projectile; could find use for RAs. Sword Mode is much more interesting, as it basically sets a floating mine that damages stuff when they walk into it. As it knocks down, one could find opportunities to use it as a setup tool.

Sakura Endo Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/8X1Hgn6.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
Someone called this "Guren Endo", and they wouldn't be wrong. It's a little slow, and that PP cost makes me wary of how the Craft will affect damage, so this is one of those "wait and see" deals.

Sacred Skewer Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/jpZd3WE.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
Apparently hits WAY wider than it actually should. Potentially good as a mobbing tool, or Graptor setups if the damage bonus is high enough.

Raging Waltz Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/mPLtAWa.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
Mobility added, I guess? Making TDs more mobile is a good thing in my books.

Rodeo Drive Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/FqrmGLR.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
FLY FOREVER. Until you have to dunk your Launcher at a thing to kill it. Could be really fun in RA/HU builds with L/Non Weak Bonus, or simply as a "go fast" PA like it used to be three years ago.

Nabarta Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/NTsSCXG.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
PP consumption makes my stomach queasy, but the "always JG" effect is cool. Although that's also accomplished by L/Tech C Parrying, so this Tech is better as an interrupt tool for mobbing or aggressive bosses. Probably won't be used, but it's better than the original, at least.

Gigrants Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7KsRdVz.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
LIGHT DPS, HO! Could this be the rise of a new solid mobbing tool for FO/TE? PP consumption isn't too shabby either, so invested Forces could potentially have at around 8 to 12 seconds of upkeep. Probably the best custom this update.

IchijinKali
Feb 20, 2017, 02:19 AM
Sakura Endo Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/8X1Hgn6.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
Someone called this "Guren Endo", and they wouldn't be wrong. It's a little slow, and that PP cost makes me wary of how the Craft will affect damage, so this is one of those "wait and see" deals.

For a Sakura that damage is quite low especially for multiple crits. Don't know if it is the build, the mob, or just the PA itself but I think I'll stick to regular Sakura; considering he only dropped one that whole clip.

oratank
Feb 20, 2017, 02:23 AM
Does it say anything about Flame Tech Charge being unwearable as Fo? but I'd just assume Fo can't wear it.

:-o that's cool. Hu/Fo tank rejoyce!

time for 12 unit

Tunga
Feb 20, 2017, 02:25 AM
Gigrants Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7KsRdVz.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

This oversized lawnmower doesn't look OP at all. Also i wonder if union's 10% reduction + drink reduc can affect these 2 crafts.

KazukiQZ
Feb 20, 2017, 02:36 AM
The characters previewing the new crafted PAs/techs are using basic weapon with non-optimum build, ofc the damage shown is low. I still remember guren 2nd slash is shown doing less than 10k dmg in preview lol

With that being said, the DPS for gigrants T0 looks very high, and final slash dealing around 15k on non-weakpoint is something to take note of.

As for sakura T0, it looks decent enuff. At least when the update arrive, we'll only need 4 excubes to revert it back to default Sakura if want.

Atmius
Feb 20, 2017, 02:47 AM
I remember way back when il techs were first added, il grants was actually nowhere near as scaled up as it was thought it would be. I don't doubt that to be the same case for gigrants, with it potentially being te/fi or te/br (with stances hidden on a different palette) with an extended 3* wand and photon flare ring. If it scales up really nicely, that'll be great, but I don't expect it to.

Madevil
Feb 20, 2017, 03:09 AM
For a Sakura that damage is quite low especially for multiple crits. Don't know if it is the build, the mob, or just the PA itself but I think I'll stick to regular Sakura; considering he only dropped one that whole clip.

since the reset cost would be down to 4 cubes, I guess people would be more willing to try then decide to keep it or not

ZerotakerZX
Feb 20, 2017, 05:29 AM
I hope HP ring gonna be tottaly OP, like really OP. 100% heal every 0.4 sec or something at lvl1, so nobody will die period.

morkie
Feb 20, 2017, 07:58 AM
I hope HP ring gonna be tottaly OP, like really OP. 100% heal every 0.4 sec or something at lvl1, so nobody will die period.

hope it helps who love to sub a non hunter subclass

Zephyrion
Feb 20, 2017, 08:16 AM
Am I the only one seeing the potential of Nabarta type zero or am I crazy ?

that + 20PP on successful JG is quite big, so you could basically use it like a tighter but more efficient tech parry, not to mention tech can be held so some multi-hitting things will be easier to deal with. Sure it's not a revolution, but I could easily see myself giving a spot to that on my subpalette

ZerotakerZX
Feb 20, 2017, 08:27 AM

that + 20PP on successful JG is quite big, so you could basically use it like a tighter but more efficient tech parry, not to mention tech can be held so some multi-hitting things will be easier to deal with. Sure it's not a revolution, but I could easily see myself giving a spot to that on my subpalette

Sounds solid

Nyansan
Feb 20, 2017, 08:38 AM

Requires you to be really clutch with it otherwise it's more of a handicap DPS-wise with the PP drain. Not really liking the drain speed; it's like a reverse lv10 PP convert on an orbit. Also, I think the +20 pp is essentially just a refund if you manage to be on point with it as the tech in the video stopped when it reached 18pp. Either way, as it stands now it seems too high of a risk for the reward

echofaith
Feb 20, 2017, 01:08 PM
From the video, the HP restore ring does seem to have the same 7.5% as the regular summoner skill. Hufi gonna love it, as it will make it almost as tanky as husu. Heck, Hufi could even go Gix without much hassle now too 8D

ZerotakerZX
Feb 20, 2017, 01:26 PM
From the video, the HP restore ring does seem to have the same 7.5% as the regular summoner skill. Hufi gonna love it, as it will make it almost as tanky as husu. Heck, Hufi could even go Gix without much hassle now too 8D
yes, if it's gonna be restoring up to 100 with 5s intervals, then pretty much any class can find it useful. Strange how this ring is L, not R.

echofaith
Feb 20, 2017, 01:34 PM
I thought reading it was going to be R actually, but if it is L, I wonder if it can be stacked with Summoner now.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 20, 2017, 01:36 PM
I thought reading it was going to be R actually, but if it is L, I wonder if it can be stacked with Summoner now.

Su probably won't be able to wear it at all.
oh, my bad. It was a typo on bumbed, that is now fixed. It's R. Well you can always have this ring around when survivability is crucial

MightyHarken
Feb 20, 2017, 08:54 PM
out of all the launcher PA's that could have made Launcher more useful, they chose rodeo drive. GG. Not underestimating itīs capabilities, but visually, it stinks. Also, concentrate one or zero distance were much better candidates.

Kondibon
Feb 20, 2017, 09:08 PM
Also, concentrate one or zero distance were much better candidates.Both of those PAs work fine. If they're going to be making crafts for PAs, I'd rather they do it to ones that barely get any use at all, than the ones that need a slight buff.

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 20, 2017, 10:40 PM
I'm actually quite hyped for Crafted Rodeo Dive; I just hope the damage isn't nerfed too much (if at all).

While they're at it, I would've also liked Flame Bullet to be a "Hold down the PA button in order to continuously flame enemies while consuming PP"; moreover, I feel like Flame Bullet could use a tad-bit more damage, or faster ticks. It's a nice alternative for Close Range Combat when you don't want to Crafted-Divine Launcher the Ground (costs +35 ~ 45 pp), Cosmos Break ('cause it's quite slow, and costs 40pp), Crazy Smash enemies away ('cause you need to be point-blank, and the PA will whiff if you're not), or if you don't feel like spamming Zero Distance for whatever reason. It's also nice that you can maneuver around during Flame Bullet. So maybe in the future, I hope they can implement a Craft-able Flame Bullet.

Yeah, Zero Distance and Concentrate One are fine; Zero Distance Spam is great for close range, and Concentrate One is great as a "clean up" PA since it only costs 20 pp compared to Crafted Divine Launcher, which can cost anywhere between 35-45 pp.

Altiea
Feb 21, 2017, 04:05 PM
R/Flame Tech S Charge has a niche in that Boots wielders in relevant content weak to Fire (ULT Lillipa, mecha cats), one could combine it with JBTASC and a fast-charge Custom to get practical insta-cast Techs for Vinto rotations.

SteveCZ
Feb 21, 2017, 09:57 PM
Not sure why I want to charge tech in the first place for Jet Boots bonus though... a delay is still a delay for me.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 21, 2017, 11:50 PM
Both of those PAs work fine. If they're going to be making crafts for PAs, I'd rather they do it to ones that barely get any use at all, than the ones that need a slight buff.

My beef with the sakura end craft for katanas in a nutshell.

They could have done something more with hatou.

Saagonsa
Feb 22, 2017, 12:22 AM

Hatou still gets a ton of use, though? Not only is it amazing for getting lots of hits for kc, but its just plain stronger than most other katana PAs with proper positioning

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2017, 12:34 AM

Imagine Hatou T0 with tri forward hits? or would this be a little overwhelming to have 3 frontal hits (or i guess a C shape) but require to work at close range cutting out the current positioning for full dmg output?

Z-0
Feb 22, 2017, 12:44 AM
Hatou still gets a ton of use, though? Not only is it amazing for getting lots of hits for kc, but its just plain stronger than most other katana PAs with proper positioning

Not really. A hatou, which manages to hit every single hit, still only barely beats Tessen in DPS (only Gekka beats Tessen/9-hit Hatou), and at a much higher PP cost. With it needing specific range and enemies, hatou doesn't see that much use outside of some efficiency areas. It definitely does get use though (woops, just read the context...), so Hatou isn't really in need of a craft.

Personally I think they should just delete Tessen.

XykeVayaris
Feb 22, 2017, 12:48 AM
Feels like asagiri could get more love...it just kinda got shoved aside in favour of guren...

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2017, 12:53 AM
Feels like asagiri could get more love...it just kinda got shoved aside in favour of guren...
animation too long

Altiea
Feb 22, 2017, 01:07 AM
Not sure why I want to charge tech in the first place for Jet Boots bonus though... a delay is still a delay for me.

Depends on if you have rainbow boots.

Saagonsa
Feb 22, 2017, 01:10 AM
Not really. A hatou, which manages to hit every single hit, still only barely beats Tessen in DPS (only Gekka beats Tessen/9-hit Hatou), and at a much higher PP cost.

Really? I'll admit I've only been using the swiki DPS numbers (which I know have their own issues), but it seemed like hatou has better dps even when just getting most of the hits in, not all of them. I could definitely be wrong though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 22, 2017, 01:13 AM

Need a large enough enemy to get all the hits.
Without all the hits (typically only hitting near the end for 5 hits), it's just higher dps, higher hit count for KC, but way less PP efficient than guren.
Maybe if they just brought the pp cost down to 20 or at least 25.
For the most part, I typically use hatou for building KC hits, and little else.

Really? I'll admit I've only been using the swiki DPS numbers (which I know have their own issues), but it seemed like hatou has better dps even when just getting most of the hits in, not all of them. I could definitely be wrong though.

Hatou does get beat by gekka, but i think that's jump canceling with no JA or something.

Z-0
Feb 22, 2017, 01:23 AM
Jump cancel Gekka is the best DPS method for Katana, but only if you're playing as a class combo that doesn't have any JA bonuses on their tree.

It's a shame really, because Tessen is really boring, and jump cancel Gekka is extremely fun (mostly because it doesn't have hyper armour and you have to parry), but you just know you're being inefficient not using Tessen most of the time. Fight Vomos in Start with just a Katana is the best thing ever.

EDIT: Jump cancel Gekka looks like this: https://youtu.be/rqBhMBrvt5A?t=1h37m23s (timestamp from a Challenge run)

Xaelouse
Feb 22, 2017, 01:59 AM
Incoming ring they didn't bother to show "L/ twin machine gun stance up"

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2017/02/170222a.html

Altiea
Feb 22, 2017, 02:03 AM

Will add to OP, thanks.

Xaeris
Feb 22, 2017, 02:07 AM
Using Autotranslate, so not 100% sure what it's saying. It sounds like it grants an active ability (so, something to stick on the subpallette) that somehow buffs damage for TMGs when a subclass' stance is active. Sounds promising. Might need to ditch Mate Lovers on my unit to make room for it, depending how good it is.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2017, 02:27 AM

oh man, good news for GU/HU (not that GU/HU is really struggling) but depending how good this ring is i may need to switch subs.
maybe this ring could come in handy for R/T atk class but if its only striking/range...

Shirou66
Feb 22, 2017, 02:33 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not an active

The whole thing should probably be like this
If I didn't mess up some of the meaning myself

>>>>>

While equipping TMG
The stance listed below will activate the effect of the ring while active
Fury Stance (HU)
Guard Stance (HU)
Brave Stance (FI)
Wise Stance (FI)
Average Stance (BR)
Weak Stance (BR)
Elemental Stance (BO)
Break Stance (BO)

While the ring effect is active, both melee-damage and range-damage get a bonus
which means PA that depend on melee-damage will also get a bonus
however the damage bonus for both are still unknown
Ring effect will or will not active in Non-weak places while in Weak Stance is still unknown
Ring effect will or will not active in Non-breakable places while in Break Stance is also unknown

>>>>>

Altiea
Feb 25, 2017, 03:10 PM
Updated to reflect Dengeki/Famitsu release info (thanks Lyrise).

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 06:25 AM
TMG Stance Up ring is 10% strike damage and 30% ranged damage. Point WB is also hitscan.

There's a stream going on right now (Arks Live! One More) where they're giving some tidbits of information.

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2017, 06:28 AM
TMG Stance Up ring is 10% strike damage and 30% ranged damage. Well this definitely bumps up Gu's non-ra sub choices. Maybe I'll go back to playing Gu/Fi again.

Altiea
Mar 4, 2017, 06:45 AM
TMG Stance Up ring is 10% strike damage and 30% ranged damage. Point WB is also hitscan.

There's a stream going on right now (Arks Live! One More) where they're giving some tidbits of information.

OP edited. Guess Gunner finally has a reason to start getting 12* Units.

Arada
Mar 4, 2017, 06:49 AM
Meanwhile, TE still has no ring to help bossing...

Altiea
Mar 4, 2017, 06:51 AM

I mean, TE got Form Wand.

Xaeris
Mar 4, 2017, 06:54 AM
Was hoping for more Strike on the Gunner ring, but hell, I'll take it as is.

Arada
Mar 4, 2017, 07:04 AM
I mean, TE got Form Wand.

GU got Fornis and the ring.

TE has no good ring at all going for it. And Form is sooooooooooo good that most/all TE/BR aren't using it to beat Solo PD.

30% ranged damage isn't minor at all, expecially for a class that already has strong damage, granted, the strength of GU is mostly on bosses but it's far from ridiculous in mobbing.

Altiea
Mar 4, 2017, 07:10 AM
GU got Fornis and the ring.

TE has no good ring at all going for it. And Form is sooooooooooo good that most/all TE/BR aren't using it to beat Solo PD.

30% ranged damage isn't minor at all, expecially for a class that already has strong damage, granted, the strength of GU is mostly on bosses but it's far from ridiculous in mobbing.

EDIT: Disregard everything, apparently I'm talking bullshit.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 07:11 AM
wat, GuHu and GuFi have been better than GuRa for most content for quite a while, this will only solidify it.

Altiea
Mar 4, 2017, 07:20 AM
wat, GuHu and GuFi have been better than GuRa for most content for quite a while, this will only solidify it.

Sorry, out of the loop. I kinda play GU on the side via a second character, but I spend most of my game time on my BO/HU main, so I haven't worked out the kinks about playing GU seriously.

Xaeris
Mar 4, 2017, 07:29 AM
Crash course: Dead Approach and Aerial Shoot got buffed a while back and are damage dealers now. Backed by striking multipliers (i.e, HU or FI), they make a much better solution to dealing with the non weak points that are prevalent in content now than plinking away with Satellite Aim. (Which is why I was hoping for more Strike % on the ring, but like I said, still good.) Solo PD, for example, is just one giant middle finger to /RA where as /HU can do pretty well.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 07:35 AM
I'm thinking they noticed everyone using Dead Approach to DPS as Gunner, which is why they gave the ring 30% ranged to try and "promote" other PAs. I think it'll do rather well, because S-Charge IF0 from a Dead Approach is already the highest DPS combo on GuHu with a Crit-R ring, so in short, expect to be doing a lot more of that.

Makes GuFi a lot more solid too because you get the TAJA bonuses on top of it, meaning you can keep going for a long while on stationary targets. GuFi is already better at Mother due to the DA > IF0 combo being stronger on it, so if there's ever more content where stances aren't a huge issue, GuFi is going to be king for sure.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 4, 2017, 08:17 AM

TE has no buff to wand melee damage over the period of 3 years.
Well, except Form wand, but then again it means you have to use it instead of, say, Xie wand for PD.

Arada
Mar 4, 2017, 08:24 AM
TE has no buff to wand melee damage over the period of 3 years.
Well, except Form wand, but then again it means you have to use it instead of, say, Xie wand for PD.

This is why I just wish they come up with something to help the class. Other classes are getting some buffs, TE is left alone.
I'm pretty sure it's the class with the least number of clears on Solo PD for exactly that reason.

We have sub-class options at our disposal but then, I'd be playing that class if I really wanted to rely on them.

For team play the class is good but for all solo content, we're just struggling.

Nyansan
Mar 8, 2017, 03:51 AM
Bump. Thoughts on the new PA crafts(thanks jumpy) now that they're out?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 03:59 AM
You mean crafts.

Sakura 0 is a nerf in power value and PP cost. The speed "might" make up for it. Waiting on swiki chart to update for it.

Doesn't feel gamechanging, or impressive.

Z-0
Mar 8, 2017, 04:01 AM
Sakura 0 is far higher DPS than Hatou it seems, it even kills Bal Rodos faster despite Hatou hitting 585680985063 times.

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 8, 2017, 04:20 AM
I tested out Rodeo Drive 0, and I suppose it's alright.

I was able to craft it at 193% power (max is 233%, iirc), and +3 pp (meaning it costs me 33 pp to use the PA).

Pros:
-good for traveling
-it comes out pretty fast.
-can travel in the air.
-pp isn't drained quickly.
-gives you a nice and fast AoE close-ranged option against weaker mobs.
-adds PA combo variety at close-range (i.e. like Crazy Smash → Rodeo Drive 0).

Cons:
-damage is a little weak.

All in all, it's utility PA, which is fine.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 04:50 AM
Sakura 0 is far higher DPS than Hatou it seems, it even kills Bal Rodos faster despite Hatou hitting 585680985063 times.

Forgot to mention it has innate super armor.

BlueCast Boy
Mar 8, 2017, 05:35 AM
Tried the partizan sacred scewer zero type, well its does more damage than the regular one, its charge type now...it does work better with volg combos with much ease...The TD raging walts has better pp save plus you can turn whatever direction button you choose if don't do any d-pad press keeps you steady on your position...

Meteor Weapon
Mar 8, 2017, 05:49 AM
Nabarta Type-0 has insane pp drain if you hold. Better off just using vanilla Nabarta. It's only use is for wide range frontal Just-Counter. Damage isn't that good either.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 05:57 AM
Looks like Sakura end 0 also makes you sorta airborne when used on the ground. You can gekka combo from it. Swiki dps chart can't be updated fast enough.

doomdragon83
Mar 8, 2017, 06:47 AM
Cons:
-damage is a little weak.

it's weak if you don't hold it long enough or tap it. After about 1/1.5 seconds, you'll see a difference in the flame it shoots out, letting go at that point is where the damage is. If there is a con, you can't turn quickly so if you zip past something, you'd have to stop or enjoy making a long u-turn. Still, as a travel tool, I'm loving it.

At least the pp drain is merciful unlike Nabarta 0. Damn, I don't think pp convert can help it.

Gaugen
Mar 8, 2017, 06:59 AM
I'm fine with Nabarta 0. I would use it to regain PP via countering with it.

Just don't hold it down, and it's a good move. If it were any more merciful on the PP drain, it would be broken.

SteveCZ
Mar 8, 2017, 07:01 AM
Raging Waltz seems has its utility increased.. PP is veryy low and much easier to target enemies now.

I like the middle JA and the speed from Sakura 0. Tested it on surprisingly an Odin in Ruins. O.o

Gigrants and Sacred Skewer left...

SteveCZ
Mar 8, 2017, 07:05 AM
Raging Waltz seems has its utility increased.. PP is veryy low and much easier to target enemies now.

I like the middle JA and the speed from Sakura 0. Like Mainbluejumpsuit said, the character floats, in both JA, so it's a great combo with Gekka. Get to the ground with Gekka, or stay a float with the second slash. It's nice. Sakura Gekka Sakura Gekka Wooo... It's way faster than Tsukimi Gekka.. it's just Tsukimi has a bit higher damage and smaller PP, sigh... Tested it on surprisingly an Odin in Ruins. O.o

Gigrants and Sacred Skewer left...

Nyansan
Mar 8, 2017, 07:09 AM
Gigrants type 0 costs quite lot of pp if let it reach the charged blade state. Not to mention you're practically vulnerable while casting it. Upside though is that it can be used with a talis and doesn't stick to player like ramegid type 0. Though atm I cant really see why I'd take it over zondeel + ragrantsEdit: Actually scratch that, range for the charged blade is frigging huge.
https://twitter.com/mudder_1015/status/839399187712114688

Surprised someone hasn't mentioned the new TMG ring. Final nail in the coffin for GuRa tbh.

EvilMag
Mar 8, 2017, 07:18 AM
I love how Sacred Skewer craft is basically just the final part of Dus Skadd from PSU/PSP2

SteveCZ
Mar 8, 2017, 07:23 AM
Gigrants type 0 costs quite lot of pp if let it reach the charged blade state. Not to mention you're practically vulnerable while casting it. Upside though is that it can be used with a talis and doesn't stick to player like ramegid type 0. Though atm I cant really see why I'd take it over zondeel + ragrants

Surprised someone hasn't mentioned the new TMG ring. Final nail in the coffin for GuRa tbh.

Dang right it's dang great with Talis. If only the first blade is stronger...

As for TMG ring, maybe cause people need to level it up first to see its potential.

final_attack
Mar 8, 2017, 07:29 AM
Lv1 Tmg Ring = 100% S-Damage / 120% R-Damage btw ......

Zorak000
Mar 8, 2017, 07:29 AM
GIFs and thoughts for all upcoming Customs.

Ein Raketen Type-0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/MtNLQET.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
Gun Mode is a pretty standard ranged projectile; could find use for RAs. Sword Mode is much more interesting, as it basically sets a floating mine that damages stuff when they walk into it. As it knocks down, one could find opportunities to use it as a setup tool.
look closer, it's not a melee mode/ gun mode split like streizwei.

they are dash canceling after the first slash that creates the aerial mine; then the final one they let the full pa play out, where the shot causes the aerial mine to accelerate and pierce multiple enemies
it's worth noting they added a JA window between the slash and the shot, so you could JA out of it early to leave the aerial mines in place if you want

Zulastar
Mar 8, 2017, 07:57 AM
Just tried this Sakura-0... it's clumsy. Sometimes it doesn't wanna charge 2nd attack, keep repeating 1st one unless drain all PP.

Nyansan
Mar 8, 2017, 08:24 AM
Just tried this Sakura-0... it's clumsy. Sometimes it doesn't wanna charge 2nd attack, keep repeating 1st one unless drain all PP.

First slash charges for about half a second then if you let the button go second slash is gonna be released. Takes a while to get used to imo

Also, just tried out Sacred Skewer 0 on mama EQ and the range + piercing effect makes for a good cube wiper. Damage pretty good aswell

XykeVayaris
Mar 8, 2017, 08:25 AM
You need to press and hold during the first slash, and release for the second

Zulastar
Mar 8, 2017, 08:32 AM
You need to press and hold during the first slash, and release for the second
I know that but charge circle doesn't appear while 1st attack cycled

SteveCZ
Mar 8, 2017, 08:38 AM
There's no charge circle but there's a spark like shunka i guess.

XykeVayaris
Mar 8, 2017, 08:54 AM
There is still the charge circle, its just much faster and smaller so its pretty hard to see

Edit:
http://imgur.com/a/im89B
(I'm sorry, I have no idea how to attach an image XP)

Moffen
Mar 8, 2017, 09:03 AM
Btw the rodeo-drive type-0 craft hits like a goddamn truck,but the blast needs to charge up mid PA (The jet on your launcher gets bigger and starts whistling)
I dunked a dragonkin on the head with it for about 140k

morkie
Mar 8, 2017, 09:09 AM
and only go straight, hard to bank left/right...

Ezodagrom
Mar 8, 2017, 10:16 AM
I'm finding sakura type-0 alot more fun than I expected, and it goes so well with gekka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt8DZVejkN0

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 8, 2017, 01:11 PM
^That's nice, I'll give it a try myself later when I craft Sakura.

Edit:

I tried it... and I like it a lot; it goes very well with Br's speedy playstyle.

Also, it goes well with Tsukimi, Gekka, & Sakura-0 loops, and goes well with the first slash of Guren.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 01:56 PM
My sakura 0 is bugged for some reason.

Game says it's crafted. Even costs me 28pp. The total damage is lowered as if it was crafted. The behavior of the PA itself reverted. The hell SEGA?

edit: un-customized it. re-customized it. Took it off of the weapon pallet. Put it back on. Still not working. SEGA quality..

Shadowstarkirby
Mar 8, 2017, 05:41 PM
Raging Waltz-0 is pretty amazing, no longer using Symphonic Drive now that I can gap close and reach any target with nearly a 1/5th the PP cost of Symphonic. It doesn't hit nearly as hard as Symphonic, but it's much faster, cheaper, and makes a JA window as soon as you hit your target so you can jump straight into your juicier PAs like Wild Rhapsody, Quick March, and Orchestra.

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 8, 2017, 06:38 PM
Raging Waltz-0 is pretty amazing, no longer using Symphonic Drive now that I can gap close and reach any target with nearly a 1/5th the PP cost of Symphonic. It doesn't hit nearly as hard as Symphonic, but it's much faster, cheaper, and makes a JA window as soon as you hit your target so you can jump straight into your juicier PAs like Wild Rhapsody, Quick March, and Orchestra.

That is pretty amazing, how it costs less pp and how you can jump right into Wild Rapsody-0 →Orchestra loop.

AnikaSteinberg
Mar 9, 2017, 06:24 AM
Welp, looks like Nabarta type-0 now renders Tech C Parry ring partially obsolete, and might just be the standard "guard" tech for Te
The i-frames feel exactly like melee perfect guard, and can be activated at an instant, very low PP cost too (when not held and only used for an instant of course)

No All-Guard function though, but still, quite an amazing custom tech craft imo

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2017, 06:45 AM
Welp, looks like Nabarta type-0 now renders Tech C Parry ring partially obsolete

I wouldn't even go that far.

and might just be the standard "guard" tech for Te

Well... yeah.

MysticAura
Mar 9, 2017, 09:10 AM
Welp, looks like Nabarta type-0 now renders Tech C Parry ring partially obsolete

I think I would rather just use Ragrants with ring. It's constant invulnerability essentially. No need to swap weapon/subpalette position either. The ring also provides a little safety net for things like Resta and it's good for shaving time off some EQ's like Shifta+tech parry during Double fly by in solo PD.

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 10:07 AM
I don't like Nabarta 0 at all, because the damage is ass, you're better off just using TCP which is basically invulnerability because 0.6s is literally forever.

milranduil
Mar 9, 2017, 04:55 PM
Welp, looks like Nabarta type-0 now renders Tech C Parry ring partially obsolete, and might just be the standard "guard" tech for Te
The i-frames feel exactly like melee perfect guard, and can be activated at an instant, very low PP cost too (when not held and only used for an instant of course)

No All-Guard function though, but still, quite an amazing custom tech craft imo

nabarta0 is garbage, paying pp to block for low dmg against non-ice weak stuff is a waste. tech parry ring remains GOD

Altiea
Mar 9, 2017, 05:22 PM
I could tell I wouldn't like Nabarta Type-0 from the footage.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2017, 05:56 PM
I think nabarta 0 is more for melee techer than anything else really.
Force should just use tech charge parry ring, and spam as usual.

Zorak000
Mar 9, 2017, 06:00 PM
it's probably better against multi-hit attacks than tech charge parry; you could probably march straight through a line of double's clown cars with it

is the "pp refund on block" thing I noticed in the trailer a part of the tech? if not then nevermind I guess, you would need some way to get pp back if you were guarding against something like that

Xaeris
Mar 9, 2017, 06:03 PM
Even playing as Te/Fi as I was, it's pretty garbage. I mean, it's fun, and it's a cool class fantasy; enemies dashing themselves upon the magic knight's frosty shield, but Tech Parry C is superior in pretty much any way that counts.

Zephyrion
Mar 9, 2017, 08:07 PM
Well it still has some niche use, as it was said against multi-hit attacks : with a full PP gauge, you can avoid stuff like Mother's cubes, or Persona insta-kill (you'll still need to mirage after killing your PP at the end to not eat the last hit). But yeah they should realy have beefed up its damage : it's shit even with Elysion, and an uncharged tech being shitty with this potential means a lot

Reilet
Mar 10, 2017, 03:10 PM
Guren is no longer the go to dps option for katana now. (atleast you can still yolo tracking dps with it.)

From swiki:

sakura T0 - JC 52 frames, 1592 (1680) dps
sakura T0 - No JC 25 frames, 1490 dps (been changed on swiki. not 2k anymore as well as frames 17 -> 25)
sakura T0 + gekka - 74 frames total, 1788 (1849) dps (comparable to full hit hatou RIP)

guren - with final slash 64 frames, 1388 dps

oratank
Mar 11, 2017, 08:11 AM
sakura0 is not for 160 pp guys lower dmg than guren but eat much more pp

Z-0
Mar 11, 2017, 09:48 AM
I'm thinking that the TAJA PPS ring might be extremely useful on BR because of SE0/Gekka combo, although the issue with that is you lose the 3% damage from PK/Crit Strike, but with it being much higher DPS it might be worth it really.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2017, 12:42 PM
Guren is no longer the go to dps option for katana now. (atleast you can still yolo tracking dps with it.)

From swiki:

sakura T0 - JC 52 frames, 1592 (1680) dps
sakura T0 - No JC 17 frames, 2191 dps
sakura T0 + gekka - 74 frames total, 1849 dps (comparable to full hit hatou RIP)

guren - with final slash 64 frames, 1388 dps

Longest 4-day wait for that info ever.
I suspected that would be the case, but I'm not fond of having the use 3 button mode to make use of that.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2017, 12:44 PM
You're not using 3-button? It's literally superior to 2-button in every way; I also play on a controller and have no issues with it at all. Regardless of class, I like it much more than 2-button since you get to use far less palettes and also get away from the awful combo system of 2-button.

Altiea
Mar 11, 2017, 08:42 PM
Depends on your setup. Some people find it a hassle to switch to 3-button because of using keyboard and mouse in a way that they don't easily have access to a third button. I have an IRL friend who doesn't want to switch to 3-button for this very reason.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2017, 09:41 PM
I thought the same, but then I forced myself to use the 3-button setup and now I can't go back to 2-button because the freedom it gives you is incredible.

doomdragon83
Mar 11, 2017, 10:11 PM
3 button really benefits melee and TMG users by freeing them from being locked into that "combo" system where you use PA 1 -> PA2 -> PA3 -> PA1. That was dumb and I'll never go back to that.

That said, I find myself being unable to make effective use of TMGs with 3 button, mostly because I used to use a 360 controller. Now that I use a DS4, I could probably set the touchpad to s-roll later and give that a try.

isCasted
Mar 12, 2017, 01:57 AM
Depends on your setup. Some people find it a hassle to switch to 3-button because of using keyboard and mouse in a way that they don't easily have access to a third button. I have an IRL friend who doesn't want to switch to 3-button for this very reason.

Now that's something new. How can you have trouble configuring KB+M? I set Action 3 to [C] (because it's inbetween [X] and Space) and Weapon Action to [E], and it works fine if you don't have extra buttons on your mouse. S-rolling might be slightly awkward at first, but you can get used to it.

TehCubey
Mar 12, 2017, 02:04 AM
What kind of ancient mouse doesn't have 3 buttons on it? Reminder that the wheel counts as a third button. Unless for some reason there's a mouse with an unpushable wheel, but all of those I came in contact with had extra buttons for this purpose instead...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 12, 2017, 03:02 AM
Really think the tech arts JA PP save ring would be worth it for sakura 0 -> gekka over PK?

Selphea
Mar 12, 2017, 05:41 AM
I'm still on 3 button because i don't want to screw up my muscle memory on other games where Shift = Block 😂

Kondibon
Mar 12, 2017, 05:42 AM
I'm still on 3 button because i don't want to screw up my muscle memory on other games where Shift = Block They added a dedicated weapon action button. You can still have shift be block.

SteveCZ
Mar 12, 2017, 05:44 AM
I still use shift as weapon action though even with 3 buttons. I screw up very badly if I don't. I use F to flip the palette. Since force weapon action is also shift, nothing changed for it. :D

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2017, 06:47 AM
end0 gekka is pretty fantastic.

end0 no-jc? i feel like im missing an incredibly obvious definition for jc lmao.

gufi is great. i love the tmg ring. i expect there to be more GuFi's now. i feel like im the only one on ship 2 because i really only see GuHu and GuRa lol. they must be on other ships or just play in private mpas.

i'm back to playing fibr katana (due to me finally getting arion katana in es) which makes great use of end0 gekka, the damage is super good.

gigrants 0 is pretty nice on TeFi due to it being a strong mobbing technic and it drains pp extremely fast so proccing PP slayer is piss easy and maintaining consistent uptime on dps is just a huge bonus.

gigrants 0 on TeSu is also really nice as well.

combining ramegid 0 with gigrants 0 and zondeel is super fun.

nabarta 0 is ass tho. which is a shame but oh well.

also 3 button life.

Kondibon
Mar 12, 2017, 07:04 AM
... Pretty sure pets are still stronger than techs, even as a SU main.

EDIT: At the very least they're more PP efficient.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2017, 08:36 AM
... Pretty sure pets are still stronger than techs, even as a SU main.

EDIT: At the very least they're more PP efficient.

yeah but wand gameplay (and thusly techs) still has its place as TeSu lol. It's kinda silly to completely give up wand/offensive technics as TeSu.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 12, 2017, 03:35 PM
What I wish they would have at least done for 3 button mode? The ability to set individual weapon pallets to it instead of all or nothing.

Selphea
Mar 12, 2017, 07:22 PM
end0 gekka is pretty fantastic.

end0 no-jc? i feel like im missing an incredibly obvious definition for jc lmao.

gufi is great. i love the tmg ring. i expect there to be more GuFi's now. i feel like im the only one on ship 2 because i really only see GuHu and GuRa lol. they must be on other ships or just play in private mpas.

i'm back to playing fibr katana (due to me finally getting arion katana in es) which makes great use of end0 gekka, the damage is super good.

gigrants 0 is pretty nice on TeFi due to it being a strong mobbing technic and it drains pp extremely fast so proccing PP slayer is piss easy and maintaining consistent uptime on dps is just a huge bonus.

combining ramegid 0 with gigrants 0 and zondeel is super fun.

nabarta 0 is ass tho. which is a shame but oh well.

also 3 button life.

I been playing GuFi since IF0 :O

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2017, 10:48 PM
I been playing GuFi since IF0 :O

YEAH BUT I NEVER SEE YOU ONLINE LOSER.

Kondibon
Mar 12, 2017, 11:02 PM
yeah but wand gameplay (and thusly techs) still has its place as TeSu lol. It's kinda silly to completely give up wand/offensive technics as TeSu.Wand yeah, but Pets fill all the niches offensive techs do already while also doing better damage, and having better PP efficiency. Unless you're telling me you maxed both light masteries on a class combo that really only exists for support.

GHNeko
Mar 13, 2017, 07:33 AM
Wand yeah, but Pets fill all the niches offensive techs do already while also doing better damage, and having better PP efficiency. Unless you're telling me you maxed both light masteries on a class combo that really only exists for support.

Yeah I'm aware that pets fill most of the niches. I dont really expect to be using Gigrants 0 it often if at all on XH. I was doing my testing on SH since my TeSu is 65/75 LUUL

Probably should have mentioned that first.

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 13, 2017, 03:17 PM
Did anybody try Revo's new potential? The one that adds a dmg bonus according the amount of PP used in the PA.

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 03:49 PM
Did anybody try Revo's new potential? The one that adds a dmg bonus according the amount of PP used in the PA.

It's actually a 1% damage bonus for every 100PP you spend, every 300 damage you take, or every 50000 damage you dish out, to a max of 16% altogether. It's not Gix, but it's a pretty quick fix for people looking to boost their offense fairly easily.

echofaith
Mar 13, 2017, 05:02 PM
I was under the impression that revos pot actually gave 16% to damage done, damage taken reduction, and pp cost reduction(basically each condition is for a different bonus altogether).

Reilet
Mar 13, 2017, 06:32 PM

JC = Just Charge. I have no idea who came up with that, but it is visible in the dps charts on swiki (i.e Hatou: 44F JC63F)

it's the fancy little ring thing that appears in Kanran, Sakura, Hatou, and Shunka.

Also, no JC sakura T0 has it's dps changed on swiki. It's 1490 now.

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 07:46 PM
I was under the impression that revos pot actually gave 16% to damage done, damage taken reduction, and pp cost reduction(basically each condition is for a different bonus altogether).

That would be too good and would diminish what Union weapons have to offer.

Ryuhou
Mar 14, 2017, 05:18 AM
Sakura Type 0 + Gekka? Damn that sounds nice, finally a good combo for Katana. Tsubaki + Gekka was never all that good with such a high pp cost and so little aoe and not having actually more dps that other options.

I'm also REALLY hyped about the katana count up ring. The main problem with kc is not getting enough hits, lack of pp, bosses jumping out of range and moving a lot, etc usually leads to getting far fewer hits than you'd like.
But if each hit counts double that makes it easy to get max hits and thus much higher damage.
Looks like Sega is actually fixing katana.

Zephyrion
Mar 14, 2017, 06:13 AM
That would be too good and would diminish what Union weapons have to offer.

the potential is actually that and no it's still bad compared to Union, simply because while the damage part goes up very quickly, the two other take a surprising amount of time (even the damage one can take a bit to get fully up), and you can't switch to any other weapon at all during this time. Union gives you everything from the get go and lets you freely switch between your weapons.

now if we're talking Aura vs Union, that's another story.

GHNeko
Mar 14, 2017, 06:14 AM
JC = Just Charge. I have no idea who came up with that, but it is visible in the dps charts on swiki (i.e Hatou: 44F JC63F)

it's the fancy little ring thing that appears in Kanran, Sakura, Hatou, and Shunka.

Also, no JC sakura T0 has it's dps changed on swiki. It's 1490 now.

Roger that. end0 gekka loops on FiBr is best dps. im okay with this.

Altiea
Mar 24, 2017, 01:02 AM
Bumping this thread because of a minor piece of info I just learned: While Gigrants Type-0 is charging, it counts as uncharged damage, while the final attack counts as charged damage. Since this is the case, what would happen if you put Gigrants Type-0 and Angel Misty/Elysion/Boots of Seraphy (Innocent Appearance) together? Would it be possible to make a build where you just lawnmower things to death?

GHNeko
Mar 25, 2017, 04:53 PM
I was talking to a teammate about that and they quoted 20k ticks.

So it might be entirely possible yes.