PDA

View Full Version : SEGA's Statement on EQ Ditchers

Z-0
Feb 20, 2017, 12:57 AM
In the latest broadcast, SEGA made a statement that they're going to be implementing countermeasures against ditchers in Emergency Quests. Specifically, leaving a 12/12 game will lock you out of the EQ for the rest of its duration.

SEGA recently released a statement on their website clarifying this: http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=10697

In certain Emergency Quests, the following punishments will be applied if a player leaves when the game is full:

- You will not be able to re-take the Emergency Quest for the duration of that Emergency Quest's duration.

- You will be moved to a random block.

Please note that even in the case of line disconnection or client crash, the punishments will still be issued.

Please check your connection before attempting to play.
Except in certain conditions, server crashes will not limit a user's ability to play an Emergency Quest.

4th March Update:

On the Arks Live! One More Nico Broadcast, SEGA made another statement on their measures against people quitting games:

Kimura said:

"If you don't like the fact that players in your game aren't putting in effort, put in the effort yourself to make a premade game."

However, the penalties have changed due to complaints.

Instead of issuing the punishment straight away, accounts who disconnect or leave 12/12 games in gated EQs (i.e. EQs with a teleporter) will have a strike issued against them. If enough strikes are accumulated over a period of time, that account will be banned.

Kimura also said that they don't have the technical capabilities to distinguish between a player disconnecting and a player leaving, but players disconnecting is at the fault of the player as there are no issues on SEGA's side.

6th March Update:

The original link has been updated with the following.

These measures will come into effect from March 22nd:

You may be temporarily or permanently banned if the following conditions are met over a period of time:

- During targeted emergency quests that begin with 12 players, you are the first to leave. (Meaning, if you kick someone and then leave, you will still be striked)

There is no difference if you leave manually, by line disconnection or client crash. Please ensure your connection is stable before playing.

Altiea
Feb 20, 2017, 01:02 AM
Oh boy, the backlash from this is going to be insane...

Xaeris
Feb 20, 2017, 01:02 AM
I expect the JP pushback on this to be virulent. (Ours too, but it's not like our opinions matter.)

oratank
Feb 20, 2017, 01:08 AM
ff14 only penalty the first guy who leave.sega gone too far

"punishments will be applied if a player leaves when the game is full" Is this mean if mpa not 12/12 then we can leave with out problem?

pkemr4
Feb 20, 2017, 01:13 AM
oh im laughing

Vatallus
Feb 20, 2017, 01:16 AM
lololololol

Xaelouse
Feb 20, 2017, 01:17 AM
"Certain EQs" huh?
I wonder what pushed Sega to put this in now. Was the class negativity in Necky that bad some months ago? Since it's coming back and all

pkemr4
Feb 20, 2017, 01:18 AM
day 1 new necky will be hilarious of this change is still around

isCasted
Feb 20, 2017, 01:19 AM
ooo... So, they acknowledge the problem and specifically state it's going to stay. Good fucking job

pkemr4
Feb 20, 2017, 01:45 AM
just like Solo PD's problem of teleporter eating up a full minute going ignored

SteveCZ
Feb 20, 2017, 01:57 AM
I don't know what to say about the dc one / client crash, really. They seem confident that everyone have and should have a stable connection.

loafhero
Feb 20, 2017, 02:02 AM
YOU MONSTERS!!

IchijinKali
Feb 20, 2017, 02:09 AM
Hmm guess that means the first sucka to d/c or quit is the one that gives a free pass for others to quit. Since it says FULL MPAs doesn't say anything about leaving at 11/12 and lower.

Also SEGA how about you do something about the campshippers or people who hang back in MPAs doing FA?

Strayed
Feb 20, 2017, 03:43 AM
Maybe people will get around it by running 11/12 MPAs... Hopefully Sega isn't dumb enough to apply this to once per ship EQs.

Cyber Meteor
Feb 20, 2017, 04:04 AM
Ewww........ Even when a 630 or client crash happens? Dang, that's quite radical, let's see how JP players will react to that :p And as for 11/12 mpas unfortunately at EQ time you can't escape having a 12/12 mpa, and there is a good chance it'll apply for major EQs more than low-tier EQs, our only hope for this to change is the JP players reaction will be massive enough

Great Pan
Feb 20, 2017, 04:09 AM
2 words: TOTAL BULLSHIT.

landman
Feb 20, 2017, 04:20 AM
I applaud that change. If you are in a 11/12 there is no penalty, so if the full party just sucks (because you are soo good it's always other's fault), only one will be penalized, the first one to leave.

Nyansan
Feb 20, 2017, 05:31 AM
I'm pretty indifferent to this tbh, if anything I wanna see what kind of shitstorm happens if the SEGA servers collectively fail and lock everyone out of a retry :wacko:

echofaith
Feb 20, 2017, 05:43 AM
Guess they added this mostly for TD related missions. Hoping this doesnt affect single run boss EQs like PD and PI. They can add it to Magatsu for all I care though, at least it will be hilarious :p

Golgotha
Feb 20, 2017, 07:15 AM
If they would not include disconnect case, quitters would just pull the plug instead of abandoning the quest.
It was necessary, and you should thank all the "where are my 8 choco runs" people for their amazing gaming etiquette.

isCasted
Feb 20, 2017, 07:52 AM
You know what's necessary? Ability to rejoin the match you disconnected from. Yet it's not in the game, and measures like these will not be any helpful until it's added. It's current year, for fuck's sake.

Lyrise
Feb 20, 2017, 09:04 AM
The only way that would happen is if they abolish the current system where rooms are tied to the blocks they're created on. Otherwise you'd have issues trying to rejoin a game you disconnected from if the block fills up while you were "removed".

Kondibon
Feb 20, 2017, 09:09 AM
The only way that would happen is if they abolish the current system where rooms are tied to the blocks they're created on. This is honestly more important to me than any of the rest of this.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 20, 2017, 09:56 AM
These are the guys that need to be hit in the face with a bat before they realize it hurts to be hit in the face with a bat.

Z-0
Feb 20, 2017, 10:24 AM
While it's important to deal with ditchers (because if you're actually a "good player", the rest of the group doesn't actually matter in a PUG, so people who ditch are honestly the entire issue), the issue is that they're going the wrong way about it.

The main problem with this is that it's going to hurt legitimate players. If someone disconnects or crashes through no fault of their own, they miss out entirely on the EQ. If you're running in a 12/12 organised MPA and an important role is gone, you can't remake to get them back because that person will now be locked out of the EQ, and you also can't remake quests at :28/:29 or towards the end (Mothership) to get more runs out of it.

What they should have done is just make it so that there was a notification when someone leaves a quest (○○○ has left the quest), because the best way to punish players without hurting legitimate ones is to socially shame them.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 20, 2017, 10:43 AM
New way to troll: set up Party Maker, then kick anyone who join. :wacko:

oratank
Feb 20, 2017, 10:43 AM
^
you should fight with 20 min mother eq

Lyrise
Feb 20, 2017, 10:50 AM
In any case, they only said a few EMs would have this system in place, not all of them. Honestly though, I think if they remove the "blocked from restarting" condition, they'd actually have a reasonable system in place, since getting sent to a random block after leaving is enough to discourage people from fishing for only good runs.

Nevertheless, a lot of people have complained (including my friends in Japan) and all we can do for now, is wait till the next ARKS Live for them to address said elephant in the room.

SteveCZ
Feb 20, 2017, 11:14 AM
If they are trying to fight against those who intentionally disconnect themselves to abandon the EQ, they could just make those who dc (whether intended or not) to login right into that EQ again. So the one who ditched the EQ cannot escape it, and those who really got dc'ed can still continue just fine.

The leavers leave because they don't want their current MPA, punish them by keeping them there. :-D If they AFK, then they got their pictures all over the PSO2 internet, talking about social punishment.

isCasted
Feb 20, 2017, 11:18 AM
The only way that would happen is if they abolish the current system where rooms are tied to the blocks they're created on. Otherwise you'd have issues trying to rejoin a game you disconnected from if the block fills up while you were "removed".

No, as nice as it sounds it's not the only way. They only have to reserve block and MPA space for some time (say, 3 minutes) until player comes back. If quest gets cleared, rewards just get sent into storage and:
a) if you were solo, you just get dropped into a newly created MPA as soon as you log into ship (skipping character selection and lobby)
b) if you were in a party, you get counted as present until timeout. When you reconnect, you get dropped into your reserved spot.

Then they can add restrictions, like 1 reconnect limit with 1 hour cooldown so it wouldn't harm too many players (can be removed if MPA is password-protected). Also, if rewards get sent to temp storage and not basic one, it prevents storage space abuse.

This doesn't require any serious system changes like server architecture and stuff. It can be implemented as a dirty hack on the highest level without any harm to the rest of the system.

jooozek
Feb 20, 2017, 11:46 AM
mind fucking boggling

Zorak000
Feb 20, 2017, 11:57 AM
could they at least make the penality not apply to password-protected multiparties; though they would probably need a way to do that so people don't lock the MPA after it fills

as it stands it really messes with private MPAs

Loveless62
Feb 20, 2017, 12:57 PM
I can see why Sega wants to punish leavers:

People leaving runs because they don't like the MPA's performance runs against Sega's "veterans and beginners playing together" ideal.
From a story-wise/role-playing standpoint, is it okay to abandon a quest and let Magatsu rampage through Shironia simply because there is no WB or because the run is otherwise going slow? What happened to your duty as a member of ARKS to help protect our allies?

I have to say, though, that disconnect rule is a real bitch. I can understand not wanting leavers to have a workaround, but that will probably burn a lot of people that disconnect by sheer bad luck. Too bad about that CF progress that you were hoping to make since it requires the EQ you just got locked out of. Better luck next time!

sparab
Feb 20, 2017, 01:12 PM
could they at least make the penality not apply to password-protected multiparties; though they would probably need a way to do that so people don't lock the MPA after it fills

as it stands it really messes with private MPAs

"Time to ditch your 630 friends and get new ones." - Sega

ZerotakerZX
Feb 20, 2017, 01:24 PM
"Time to ditch your 630 friends and get new ones." - Sega

or ditch 630 yourself and stop playing the game

SolRiver
Feb 20, 2017, 01:36 PM
Do jp players even get d/c regularly? Im under the impression that their isp infrastructure is leagues better than what i have in the states.

(With the shitty internet i have, i still dont d/c often... Pso2 is super lenient on laggy connection)

Lyrise
Feb 20, 2017, 01:48 PM
Unless there is an issue with the servers or the datacenter that hosts the servers (at which point Sega would promptly address and compensate for), chances are very slim that a native internet connection in Japan will run into disconnect issues from the users' side.

Ziel
Feb 20, 2017, 01:53 PM
So 630Žd and your EQ run goes FUBAR, seems weŽll be playing a roulette every EQ.

Yeah ditchers need to be dealt with but simply shuffling them out of the (pro)block is a big enough screw since we all know that getting a non standard block screws your runs anyways.

Better yet, send all detractors to vita blocks!.

Masu
Feb 20, 2017, 02:01 PM
I can see why Sega wants to punish leavers:
*snip*
I have to say, though, that disconnect rule is a real bitch. I can understand not wanting leavers to have a workaround, but that will probably burn a lot of people that disconnect by sheer bad luck. Too bad about that CF progress that you were hoping to make since it requires the EQ you just got locked out of. Better luck next time!
Yeah...depending how bothersome this wonderful solution will be, I'll might have better sleep time. No way to sometimes "have to" wake up in middle of night for clearing a CF with such new rule. Thank you segabakasama :wacko:
Can't wait to see what gud stuff will comes out when necky td will be back as I got an overload of 630 during this period:bash:

Alenoir
Feb 20, 2017, 02:45 PM
Do jp players even get d/c regularly? Im under the impression that their isp infrastructure is leagues better than what i have in the states.

(With the shitty internet i have, i still dont d/c often... Pso2 is super lenient on laggy connection)

My internet is utter shit too, and even I don't usually get 630'd. Only when my own equipment is being shit or during Necky, don't know why that quest like to produce 630s.

Tunga
Feb 20, 2017, 04:55 PM
So does this apply if you see the scrubness and restart via quest terminal? Before and after the teleporter starts

Cadfael
Feb 20, 2017, 05:33 PM
I know it doesn't happen often, but it'd sure suck if you had a full MPA and the run you were on became glitched in a way that made it impossible to finish the run. I wonder how many people would volunteer to be the person to fall on the grenade so that the other 11 could have a normal run.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 20, 2017, 08:39 PM
Still wondering what are JP's reactions with this upcoming restriction. Then again I didn't ask them myself yet.

Alenoir
Feb 20, 2017, 09:35 PM
Still wondering what are JP's reactions with this upcoming restriction. Then again I didn't ask them myself yet.

I wasn't seeing a lot of complaining when I poked around swiki's BBS, maybe you can get some expected reactions on 2ch instead though. Oh, check twitter too I guess.

Xaelouse
Feb 20, 2017, 09:48 PM
don't expect much complaining until it's put into practice

silo1991
Feb 20, 2017, 09:50 PM
not only that the cinematics of double and PD takes time too , if these were skipable at least in this version i would finish PD without trouble . the time is always why i havent finish this U_U . i would have my union jet boots already ):<

SteveCZ
Feb 20, 2017, 10:35 PM
not only that the cinematics of double and PD takes time too , if these were skipable at least in this version i would finish PD without trouble . the time is always why i havent finish this U_U . i would have my union jet boots already ):<

Huh??

HardBoiledPapa
Feb 20, 2017, 10:43 PM
Huh??

Wrong topic. kek

sparab
Feb 20, 2017, 10:44 PM
I wasn't seeing a lot of complaining when I poked around swiki's BBS, maybe you can get some expected reactions on 2ch instead though. Oh, check twitter too I guess.

2ch is already on their 4/5th thread. JP will complain about anything on anonymous forums. Especially the ones without a moderator.

IchijinKali
Feb 20, 2017, 10:54 PM
2ch is already on their 4/5th thread. JP will complain about anything on anonymous forums. Especially the ones without a moderator.

You make it sound like only people in Japan do that kind of crap instead of the whole world in general.

Also reading some of these 2ch threads with google translate is downright hilarious at points.

Alenoir
Feb 21, 2017, 01:00 AM

Betting you half of the 1000 replies in each thread is not even related to the topic at hand.

sparab
Feb 21, 2017, 03:51 AM
Betting you half of the 1000 replies in each thread is not even related to the topic at hand.

If the general concept is "sega sucks", then all replies are on the topic.

SteveCZ
Feb 21, 2017, 04:59 AM
If the general concept is "sega sucks", then all replies are on the topic.

Set them on fire!
Eeeee where's my money~
Gosh, really? why would they do that, what if we got purely disconnected?
All players can rejoyce now from these dirty ditchers.. but still, the ones who got dc as well?
sucks.
unbelievable. They seriously don't know what they're doing, aren't they.
come on!
kkod9012ks90asSs.jpg
still trying to reach them for this. Not sure if they'd hear anyway. This sucks.

Illuminati? :-o

Taurus83
Feb 21, 2017, 06:29 AM
In the latest broadcast, SEGA made a statement that they're going to be implementing countermeasures against ditchers in Emergency Quests. Specifically, leaving a 12/12 game will lock you out of the EQ for the rest of its duration.

SEGA recently released a statement on their website clarifying this: http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=10697

even disconnect also effected , man sega really have to punish player who sudden dc... well hope that telepipe proxy can fix lag and random dc as soon as possible

Vatallus
Feb 21, 2017, 09:10 AM
Someone should ask Sega what their stance on using the anime music in EQs is. Like I'm tired of having my videos copyrighted because of 30 seconds of a lame PSO2 Anime song in the EQ. I feel this is more important than people leaving EQs. :v

I could just use Youtube's ability to remove or replace the music but it is still rather annoying when it is featured in the game in just about every new EQ.

Ziel
Feb 21, 2017, 01:42 PM
Someone should ask Sega what their stance on using the anime music in EQs is. Like I'm tired of having my videos copyrighted because of 30 seconds of a lame PSO2 Anime song in the EQ. I feel this is more important than people leaving EQs. :v

I could just use Youtube's ability to remove or replace the music but it is still rather annoying when it is featured in the game in just about every new EQ.

Kinda unrelated to the topic here but you know you can adjust the BGM sound only on the game options right? keep voices/effects/beamspams but silence the music, problem solved (unless you want to keep the music which goes back to your problem)

Back on topic, i do hope single fight bosses like mom/PD are excluded, weŽll have to wait until they discuss the topic on the next broadcast (i do hope someone asks about it instead of the silly things they usually ask).

sparab
Feb 21, 2017, 02:17 PM

You should ask youtube instead of sega. Apparently uploading the entire song is legal but having it played in your video (intentionally or not) is forbidden.

Keilyn
Feb 21, 2017, 04:33 PM

All this will do is convince elitist players to stay within their elitist teams and more elitist teams to be formed. Only people who will bitch and complain about this are teamless pugs who like to leave at the first sign of trouble. Sure, I am teamless myself... but at least I stay and fight to the very end in most games!
[spoiler-box]The only time I don't stay and fight are in games where I am the main PvP Commander and there are multiple territory or zones to worry about. In those games there are multiple guilds/clans and armies fighting on my side. Fighting to the end in one zone at times might allow us to win the battle, but it will mean us losing the war in the long run. Considering that zones are owned by PvP guilds who spend time, in-game money, and energy to keep those zones defended, a code-system exists among commanders and I won't let all our regions fall simply because I want to feel good about a single battle.[/spoiler-box] PSO-2 is the game I come back to when I am feeling bored of everything out there and so far I am not feeling so bored, or interested in returning to this game.

Vatallus
Feb 21, 2017, 04:53 PM
No, I posted it here on purpose and thought I made it clear enough that it was a stab at how I felt something as small as the music they play was more important than dealing with "ditchers" when most of them are people that are probably DCed or had their game crash after they broke something in the newest update.

Thanks though. Even though I still feel they should stop using the lame anime music in EQs.

Great Pan
Feb 21, 2017, 06:54 PM
Well, if ya got dc'd in EQ, ZOOBAARAASHEEKUU UNNN GAA NAAIINAAA KEEMEE WAA.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 22, 2017, 12:41 AM
No, I posted it here on purpose and thought I made it clear enough that it was a stab at how I felt something as small as the music they play was more important than dealing with "ditchers" when most of them are people that are probably DCed or had their game crash after they broke something in the newest update.

Thanks though. Even though I still feel they should stop using the lame anime music in EQs.

They hyped the anime so hard than PSNova itself, it annoys me a lot. When are they gonna include PSNova characters(excluding the one that's gone for good)?

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2017, 12:46 AM
This is basically a double edged blade but unfortunately locks me into playing with a bunch of bads the whole run but nothing is stopping me from putting on my LR units if i gotta deal with this crap "but if you just do your part it'll go by faster!" *sitting at Goron gate for 3mins* s-sure guys.

But who knows, Sega will probably back track on this if it gets enough negative attention, if anything stick to Team Organized runs. Sucks for the people who consistently 630 though

They hyped the anime so hard than PSNova itself, it annoys me a lot. When are they gonna include PSNova characters(excluding the one that's gone for good)?
they'll probably throw it in to a separate scratch like the PSU ones going on right now or just ignore it entirely, i mean look how long its taken to get NPC voices into the players hands finally

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 22, 2017, 01:31 AM

I am tired of them forcing that damn anime, and the damn characters down our throats.
Of all the things to do with a pso2 anime, it was about high school kids, an un-innovative reality-meets-game/digital world plot, and so much SEGA-brand masturbation, it was as cringy to watch as watamote, but not in a good way.
This is the one anime I watched, and HATED after 10 years of watching anime casually.
/rantover

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2017, 01:39 AM
I am tired of them forcing that damn anime, and the damn characters down our throats.
Of all the things to do with a pso2 anime, it was about high school kids, an un-innovative reality-meets-game/digital world plot, and so much SEGA-brand masturbation, it was as cringy to watch as watamote, but not in a good way.
This is the one anime I watched, and HATED after 10 years of watching anime casually.
/rantover
dont worry, some of us feel the same, we're just waiting for Ep4 to be over with and maybe we can get back to space instead of boring ol earth
i like some of the stuff in Ep4 but really it feels lacking, did I mention I only watched the first Ep of the anime and dropped it?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 22, 2017, 01:45 AM
i like some of the stuff in Ep4 but really it feels lacking, did I mention I only watched the first Ep of the anime and dropped it?

I watched the first episode, and half of the second when I realized how much I hated literally everything they've established, and how they established it.

Vatallus
Feb 22, 2017, 02:05 AM
I only watched the first. I decided to go back later and watch some of the "battles". I don't regret my choice of not watching it.

IchijinKali
Feb 22, 2017, 02:28 AM
But who knows, Sega will probably back track on this if it gets enough negative attention

That is funny isn't that right SG scratch with non-tradeable items, filler, inability to change color for most, 40 items required to exchange for something you want, 80 SG per try, and CC exchange tickets.

Morgan Fumi
Feb 22, 2017, 06:05 AM
This is basically a double edged blade but unfortunately locks me into playing with a bunch of bads the whole run but nothing is stopping me from putting on my LR units if i gotta deal with this crap "but if you just do your part it'll go by faster!" *sitting at Goron gate for 3mins* s-sure guys.
I love how you call it a double edged blade when it's aimed squarely at your throat.

Zorak000
Feb 22, 2017, 10:39 AM
the 7th episode and onward of the anime would have been passable if it was not for the first 6 episodes being horrendously boring and constantly heavily foreshadowing that something was going to happen, only for it to Not Happen

Keilyn
Feb 22, 2017, 11:31 AM
/rantover

One does not talk about PSO-2 The Animation....

If I could go back in time....
I would go back to the time of the Hurrian Witches and ask them to teach me their version of a Demonic Magic Circle...
Then I would go to the ground where SEGA would supposedly be built in the future and draw a giant, possessed, wrathy-looking Demonic Magic Circle, followed by "a another useless and meaningless incantation..." hoping that the cosmos would hear my plea and drop a meteorite at that very spot around the time a certain individual from SEGA conjures the thought "Bansai!!! Lets make a PSO-2 anime!"

TyroneSama
Feb 22, 2017, 12:44 PM
Sounds like the right direction to me. If you drop out of a run, you should lose the run -- no reason to give people who bail more chances than those who don't.

Granted, it's SEGA, so one or more things about this are going to be horribly implemented and troll people in circles on day 1. But I don't really see why people are complaining about the idea of it. Disconnecting is disconnecting, regardless of whether you did it on purpose -- and there's no reliable way to detect that anyway, so anything less than a catch-all punishment wouldn't affect most ragequits anyway.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2017, 04:09 PM
That is funny isn't that right SG scratch with non-tradeable items, filler, inability to change color for most, 40 items required to exchange for something you want, 80 SG per try, and CC exchange tickets.
well it's essentially a free scratch where you can earn the currency for it for free too (unless your paying actually money for it...) at anytime doing different so of course it's gonna get lots of bloat but maybe it's not as big as regular scratches? not as much as a money maker as Sega wants it to be

I love how you call it a double edged blade when it's aimed squarely at your throat.
I love how despite people being on this game for years they still play at the same level since 2012 so im forced to carry these guys, ya no thanks (and i was being ironic about the LR units) i'll stick to organized runs on specific EQ's while you can enjoy your 15min+ Mother Run

nguuuquaaa
Feb 22, 2017, 05:29 PM
Sounds like the right direction to me. If you drop out of a run, you should lose the run -- no reason to give people who bail more chances than those who don't.

Granted, it's SEGA, so one or more things about this are going to be horribly implemented and troll people in circles on day 1. But I don't really see why people are complaining about the idea of it. Disconnecting is disconnecting, regardless of whether you did it on purpose -- and there's no reliable way to detect that anyway, so anything less than a catch-all punishment wouldn't affect most ragequits anyway.

If this game wasn't so specific on time then I would agree with you. But no, you may wait weeks for a certain EQ to fill Collection Files if SEGA somehow fucked up and glitched that only one run you ever need.

Morgan Fumi
Feb 23, 2017, 07:40 AM
I love how despite people being on this game for years they still play at the same level since 2012 so im forced to carry these guys, ya no thanks (and i was being ironic about the LR units) i'll stick to organized runs on specific EQ's while you can enjoy your 15min+ Mother Run
Just pointing out that calling it a double edged sword is laughable when your little tantrums are the reason it exists in the first place. But I suppose the irony of wasting everyone's time by dropping out is lost on you under all that impotent rage.

At least we can agree organised runs are always more enjoyable.

vantpers
Feb 23, 2017, 10:21 AM
There isn't even that much to do after Mother to be honest, what's with that rage about 15 minutes? You could probably say something about multishipping on 9 different characters but at this point you're mad that normal groups don't have the rare chasing mindset you do. Most people play using mostly 1 character or a few on the same ship so I don't see why MPA should bend to people who want to do Arks Fleet tour. It's nice if they do but it's not required.

Entire point of EP4 and onward EQs was limiting the number of runs so that you don't need to rush and are fine with slower MPAs, yet people still want to circumvent it by multishipping and still bitch about how bad their MPA was. I bet most of them also bitch about LQ being baaaaaaad with randoms not realizing that you can run it way faster as two competent people than 4 usual pugs.

SteveCZ
Feb 23, 2017, 11:28 AM
I think what he meant was the slower the mpa is, the bigger the chance you'll get dc during the run. I guess...

Alenoir
Feb 23, 2017, 11:59 AM
There isn't even that much to do after Mother to be honest, what's with that rage about 15 minutes? You could probably say something about multishipping on 9 different characters but at this point you're mad that normal groups don't have the rare chasing mindset you do. Most people play using mostly 1 character or a few on the same ship so I don't see why MPA should bend to people who want to do Arks Fleet tour. It's nice if they do but it's not required.

Entire point of EP4 and onward EQs was limiting the number of runs so that you don't need to rush and are fine with slower MPAs, yet people still want to circumvent it by multishipping and still bitch about how bad their MPA was. I bet most of them also bitch about LQ being baaaaaaad with randoms not realizing that you can run it way faster as two competent people than 4 usual pugs.

It's called boosters.

I could be full boosted with tri100 and food items that provide a triboost buff and have enough time for a 9 minute choco clear, then shit happens and it drags 12 minutes wasting your triboosts in the process.

vantpers
Feb 23, 2017, 01:09 PM
It's called boosters.

I could be full boosted with tri100 and food items that provide a triboost buff and have enough time for a 9 minute choco clear, then shit happens and it drags 12 minutes wasting your triboosts in the process.
We're showered with boosters. Xie donut is literally 1 badge and people think it's okay to abandon quests because of that.

At this point I am plenty sure that people just hate playing PSO2 and want to get over with everything really soon to go back to hugging visiphone.

Alenoir
Feb 23, 2017, 02:30 PM
We're showered with boosters. Xie donut is literally 1 badge and people think it's okay to abandon quests because of that.

At this point I am plenty sure that people just hate playing PSO2 and want to get over with everything really soon to go back to hugging visiphone.

So where do I exchange some Excubes for Triboost 100s?

I honestly don't care about the donuts. I only care about them wasting my Tri100s/Tri150s.

vantpers
Feb 23, 2017, 02:39 PM
So where do I exchange some Excubes for Triboost 100s?

I honestly don't care about the donuts. I only care about them wasting my Tri100s/Tri150s.
Sega gives out tons of 100% and if you don't want to "waste" your precious 150s then you should just go to organized MPAs. You're still are being pretty much the equivalent of a guy AFKing in the corner just because you lost your 15% better chance for a rare and some excubes. If you think that's okay then you should be completely fine with a person using lucky rise throughout the entire EQ either way.

Z-0
Feb 23, 2017, 02:51 PM
But the limited-run EQs is not a good thing. Ever since limited-run EQs, the community feeling in PSO2 has completely fizzled up. Back during the Tower Defense days, you could always get statics and people were always looking for new groups and people to play with, so they could try their best in groups and plan things out.

However, since limited-run EQs, people just simply aren't interested in trying their best anymore, because it doesn't matter how long the run takes, so nobody is talking to each other, trying to improve themselves for the EQ so they can reap more rewards out of it, etc.

The issue is not the fact that organised got more runs than PUG -- the issue is that idiots such as Kril can't seem to realise that people don't play video games the same way as they do and seem to expect public groups to live up to their standards, when what they SHOULD do is get their own group to play with and let people just get on with it.

Considering the amount of people that complain about public groups, it's mind boggling that people don't try to make their own communities for their precious better runs. That's what I did, way back in 2012, and I never play in public groups anymore because it's just nicer to play with the friends I've gathered, and when I do play in public groups, I don't expect them to be tryhards because who gives a shit, it's a video game.

Regarding the actual topic, it's a step in the right direction, I agree, the problem is that SEGA's implementation of it is terrible, punishing statics and people who may DC through no fault of their own (do you really think people who 630 are having problems with their connection? Usually, it's on SEGA's side)

Alenoir
Feb 23, 2017, 02:52 PM
Sega gives out tons of 100% and if you don't want to "waste" your precious 150s then you should just go to organized MPAs. You're still are being pretty much the equivalent of a guy AFKing in the corner just because you lost your 15% better chance for a rare and some excubes. If you think that's okay then you should be completely fine with a person using lucky rise throughout the entire EQ either way.

Why am I being the equivalent of an AFKer when I actually participate in the quest again? I don't actively quit any quests unless it's obviously down to a 6/12 on something that requires 12 people to clear/get a good grade, or if I actually get 630'd.

My entire reply revolves around your "what's with that rage about 15 minutes". Maybe I should have cropped the entire post and quote just that one line.

vantpers
Feb 23, 2017, 03:08 PM
Why am I being the equivalent of an AFKer when I actually participate in the quest again? I don't actively quit any quests unless it's obviously down to a 6/12 on something that requires 12 people to clear/get a good grade, or if I actually get 630'd.

My entire reply revolves around your "what's with that rage about 15 minutes". Maybe I should have cropped the entire post and quote just that one line.
Well the entire thread was talking about specifically leaving full EQs so I assumed what I assumed. I still don't see much reason in caring about minor boosts to your RNG rate as I am pretty sure humans can't really feel the difference between 1% and 1.3% rates.

And yes you could say limited run EQs were bad, if you are actually interested in efficiency running it and the like. Still, it was a decent fix for most other people since it helped alleviate the problem of everyone hating on each other's guts in pug MPAs, at least a bit.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 23, 2017, 04:43 PM
The issue is not the fact that organised got more runs than PUG -- the issue is that idiots such as Kril can't seem to realise that people don't play video games the same way as they do and seem to expect public groups to live up to their standards, when what they SHOULD do is get their own group to play with and let people just get on with it.

Considering the amount of people that complain about public groups, it's mind boggling that people don't try to make their own communities for their precious better runs. That's what I did, way back in 2012, and I never play in public groups anymore because it's just nicer to play with the friends I've gathered, and when I do play in public groups, I don't expect them to be tryhards because who gives a shit, it's a video game.

woah relax buddy, you honestly didn't think i didnt realize something so obvious? I don't usually have high expectations of pug runs either but you think after something thats been out for like a month that everyone should have that EQ down (not perfectly) to have reduced the average time (aka EFM that used to take the whole EQ period but now is dropped to around 10-15mins). I do however run with my team way more often than I ever would with randoms but you also gotta understand that not every team has a ton of people online either at times and have the same interest as you in certain EQ's so then your forced to run with randoms. Even with a 4/4 pt with friends or tm's that this doesn't change the run all that much if anything to a very small extent

I wouldn't bother to trying forming a team of hrm i guess what people today that throw this word around like its nothing "elitist", its too much work to bother scouting around for people who even play on a high level and most of them are apart of other teams already. Even then, I don't feel like managing a team either so i guess deal with pugs is the only choice

Oh its just vidya games yah? I mean l love failing raids and quests over and over (TD4) for 20mins etc at a time and could have gotten better loot but even though I wasted my own time/boosters and could have done something else, all that matters is that i had fun right? right? then don't play video games lul

Remz69
Feb 23, 2017, 05:43 PM
Meh i don't like this change personally

quitters have always been a non issue for me (they're almost never a big loss anyway) and i haven't felt the need to quit a PUG in over 2 years
so basically all this does for me is make badly timed 630s an instant log off, i only have so few of them thankfully but it'll still be annoying when it happens

actually not just for me, but have quitters ever been an issue at all ?

tayuku
Feb 23, 2017, 11:37 PM
Is there a place to find the quest drop list for the EQs when the EQs are not active?

Also what wired lance 13* drops from the white day EQ and what element should I make it?

Atmius
Feb 23, 2017, 11:38 PM
It's called boosters.

I actually ran choco for an EQ window in a XH block (ie. the non expert blocks full of people with un/half grinded weapons, unaffixed units, etc). it took an average of ~8 minutes a run, longest one being 9:06 or thereabouts. If your choco runs were going so bad that you felt standing at a gate for 3-5 minutes waiting for the other side to clear was a better idea than side swapping to finish off the other side, I can only attribute it taking 12 minutes to finish as being mostly your own fault. Expert blocks on the other hand averaged 6-7, sometimes managing 4-5.

SteveCZ
Feb 24, 2017, 01:38 AM
I think some Quitters will just afk in the run now. If i should carry them they can carry me while i go to the store!

I don't think they gain anything if they just AFK in the run in this issue. AFK in the field and ditching an MPA are two different thing with different reasons.

Ditching an MPA maybe because the users don't like the MPA or just want to leave. This relates more to tryhards who complaint about a pub mpa.

AFK in the run means they may not want to play but for the loot or they simply got to go midquest but don't want to leave the MPA. This relates more to leechers. This will relate to this thread's issue if SEGA decided to kick Players who stopped moving for 30 seconds in the MPA.

rsod
Feb 24, 2017, 08:22 PM
1. Sega really needs to implement reconnect mechanics then
or fix their servers. I mean, every update new AC scratch content added. Couldn't they just once improve performance?
2. What if fully team orgranized mpa decides to abandon and remake quest? that definitely was not taken into account.

Totori
Feb 24, 2017, 09:36 PM
That's likely why they are giving this advance warning, ahead of time. I mean why remake the quest for an EQ if you have a fully organized team?

Xaeris
Feb 24, 2017, 09:44 PM
Plenty of reasons. Someone forgot to get drinks or boosters, someone's using the wrong tree, or maybe the run had a bad start and the team is going for a time attack record.

Zulastar
Feb 24, 2017, 09:59 PM
Couple of times check Boost pause on drink at Mothers run by mistake...

Sega sould better made quick character changing instead of this shit. Times when I need to change my toons before EQ and return to top channel really made me sick T_T

ArcaneTechs
Feb 24, 2017, 11:13 PM
Couple of times check Boost pause on drink at Mothers run by mistake...

I sometimes wish it could toggle this on/off when needed, i hate checking this off everytime i grab a drink when i have the habit of grabbing drink and jumping in then realizing "oh ya, those are on still" abandon and restart

Alenoir
Feb 25, 2017, 12:30 AM
Sega sould better made quick character changing instead of this shit. Times when I need to change my toons before EQ and return to top channel really made me sick T_T

Not a problem once you're used to owning more than one character.

Lyrise
Mar 4, 2017, 06:52 AM
ARKS Livestream has revealed that the system isn't first strike out,like we're all believing it is. Apparently the servers have been tracking every time we disconnect and/or aborting quests. The penalty will only apply to repeat offenders over an unspecified period of time, and only in EMs where you are teleport gated.

Basically if your connection is garbage, you really shouldn't be trying to run a gated EM.

Also, they reveal that the biggest cause for why the system was implemented was the huge number of disconnects and quest aborts during Necky TD.

Xaeris
Mar 4, 2017, 06:58 AM
Jesus Sega, lead with those kind of details.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 07:00 AM
They said you get banned if you do it too much, btw. Well, "might get banned".

Rather, the full changes were that the penalties above will not apply anymore, but after an unspecified amount of strikes, your account may be banned if you ditch too much.

They also admitted they don't have the technical know-how to differentiate between someone disconnecting and ditching.

Lyrise
Mar 4, 2017, 07:12 AM
Considering that, from the server's perspective, it's all the same whether you pull the cable, or you have a legit disconnect, it'd be better to just leave that alone and move onto a multiple strike system.

The comments during that discussion on Nico amounted to the following: RIP Vita. Since that was where most of the accidental disconnects were happening.

Atmius
Mar 4, 2017, 08:56 AM
They also admitted they don't have the technical know-how to differentiate between someone disconnecting and ditching.
Given most people who actively ditch an eq use the "クエストの破棄" option, it should be incredibly easy to differentiate.

FantasyHeaven
Mar 4, 2017, 09:04 AM
Given most people who actively ditch an eq use the "クエストの破棄" option, it should be incredibly easy to differentiate.
Not with sega's code base

Lyrise
Mar 4, 2017, 09:08 AM

That's the easy part. The hard part is figuring out whether you had a legit connection hiccup, or if you pulled the cable/cut the connection from the game via lag switch.

That said, their original punishment was probably the most ideal solution - If you abort the quest, you get kicked to a random block.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 09:15 AM
Nobody would disconnect through pulling the plug though, because then you lose your block space and people don't want that to happen.

MysticAura
Mar 4, 2017, 09:40 AM
I'm really against the whole thing. Ideally, you should be locked into your EQ. If you leave or get disconnected, the game should bring you back into the quest until it's finished. This solves the problem of ditchers without hurting people who have bad luck. If that is too hard to code, then just let the player enter a random block. possibly a non expert block if you want to go that far. From my point of view, there is now a risk of being punished for no reason while getting very, very little benefit in return.

Lyrise
Mar 4, 2017, 10:05 AM
I'm really against the whole thing. Ideally, you should be locked into your EQ. If you leave or get disconnected, the game should bring you back into the quest until it's finished. This solves the problem of ditchers without hurting people who have bad luck. If that is too hard to code, then just let the player enter a random block. possibly a non expert block if you want to go that far. From my point of view, there is now a risk of being punished for no reason while getting very, very little benefit in return.

That doesn't solve much at all, if anything it introduces a new problem. What's to stop me, from leaving, and then rejoin right around the time the EM should end? I get all the rewards, sans exp, for no effort. If I miss, I can try again. And If the time you stay away affects your grade and drops, then what's the point of rejoining the same quest to begin with?

MysticAura
Mar 4, 2017, 10:16 AM
Wouldn't purposefully leaving just be the same as leeching, which Sega's solution does nothing about? If you're worried about someone waiting outside the quest, they could add a timeout counter. If you don't rejoin within say, 5 minutes, then you get kicked. So it's enough time to fix a hiccup but not enough to wait out the whole quest.

From my point of view though, ditching is not a large problem. Even during my Necky runs, I can only remember being negative affected by people leaving twice. It wasn't a big deal. I'm much more afraid of being locked from an EQ for no reason, or possibly banned from the game entirely unfairly.

Lyrise
Mar 4, 2017, 10:50 AM
I can agree with the timeout counter. In fact, Sega already has a solution in game they could leverage for this they could refine - The Quest Trigger system itself cuts out a lot of problems but it was more designed for a situation where the run has been organized, whether its you solo, or you with a bunch of people you are prepared to run with.

The way the Trigger system currently works is that as soon as you consume that trigger, you get 3 minutes to restart that quest up to 3 additional times before you are totally locked in. Aborts or disconnects after that mean you can no longer restart that quest unless you use another trigger.

For gated EMs, they could refine it so that for the entire half hour, you could restart X number of times for whatever reason, and then you are completely locked out once you go over the threshold. People will think twice aborting, since if they do it too much, they lose their privilege, and anyone suffering from a disconnect can recover somewhat - anyone who's disconnected multiple times will pretty much realize that their connection is potentially ruining it for other people, so those people will either stop, or the game is going to set its foot down and stop you. I think this combined with an inactivity timeout could work pretty well.

Vatallus
Mar 4, 2017, 11:49 AM
I rarely see people that ditch. Granted it has only happened twice in the past month I'm more afraid of getting locked out of an EQ and punished because PSO2 decided to crash.

25MGTAR
Mar 4, 2017, 11:56 AM
“The server will instead record each instance of players hitting the penalty. Players who get hit with the penalty a certain number of times over a certain period, will see their accounts banned.” from PSUBlog, hard for me.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 4, 2017, 12:18 PM
I saw more disconnection/crash than ditching.

I mean, ditching = no MPA. Who would want that?

isCasted
Mar 4, 2017, 12:27 PM
Abandon quest = lose a block (unless MPA has a password). That's all they have to do if they really want to be lazy about it. It won't hurt any legitimate players more than they can get hurt already just by disconnecting. But no, they have to come up with some sort of ritual sacrifices as if they're necessary. Jeez...

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 12:43 PM
It's funny because the entire reason this has occurred is because of people farming in Necky. A lot of people left after Gal because his affix drops were very good, instead of going to the end, so people who wanted to finish obviously complained. It's not people ditching because they don't like the run, it's trying to farm as much as they can from one specific enemy in the 30 minute time slot.

I should probably update the OP.

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2017, 12:54 PM
It's funny because the entire reason this has occurred is because of people farming in Necky. A lot of people left after Gal because his affix drops were very good, instead of going to the end, so people who wanted to finish obviously complained. It's not people ditching because they don't like the run, it's trying to farm as much as they can from one specific enemy in the 30 minute time slot.I like how having a single crystal at the end was supposed to be the solution to that, but for some reason bosses in TD never got that treatment. So instead of changing the boss drops they're doing this? :wacko:

Masu
Mar 4, 2017, 01:53 PM
I like how having a single crystal at the end was supposed to be the solution to that, but for some reason bosses in TD never got that treatment. So instead of changing the boss drops they're doing this? :wacko:
Yeah. I suspect heavily that those drops in middle of run is part of what cause lags in TD. I mean
1-rare drops are tracking players to a certain distance
2-more props on map to handle
That's why I usually pick them up asap but after a while you are short on storage then you have to stop in middle of run to empty your inventory. Meanwhile mobs run around or kick your ass <_<
Considering the horrible experience I got from Neckys TD with hellish lag + random 630, if the upcoming one is to be acting same then I will have to give up whatever CF is bound with it.
GG sega =_= b

Edit: What was very strange with Necky TD is that 1st run was usually bearable. 2nd the shit start to be hard to handle. 3rd ...@_@

Tunga
Mar 4, 2017, 02:14 PM
>Can't tell if player abandoned quest or got disconnected... punish them anyway.
>Getting 630 will cause you to lose the block (unless premium) and might lead to a ban if it happens often.

In a nutshell
http://media1.notapipe.biz/2015/06/Monkeys-typing-Shakespeare.jpg

Also, if they cant tell whether you disconnected or abandoned then I'm expecting for people to still get hit with a strike even if you 630 from a locked 3 party 12/12 room/mpa. So all the effort you made to make that pre-made like he says will also go to waste.

Kazzi
Mar 4, 2017, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry but this is complete BS now. The ban should only apply to people who force quit the EQ by the party screen or quitting the game. It's unfair to punish people when Sega's servers are notorious for disconnecting them. You'd think with an mmo this old they wouldn't want to ban their remaining players? All this is gonna do is scare people out of running EQs

Maulcun
Mar 4, 2017, 03:21 PM
The Sega continues to have stupid ideas ...

Zorak000
Mar 4, 2017, 04:57 PM
ok so let me get this straight:

630 = sucks to be you

pairing up with a friend, kicking them and then abandoning = you are both A-OK

TheszNuts
Mar 4, 2017, 05:48 PM
ok so let me get this straight:

630 = sucks to be you

pairing up with a friend, kicking them and then abandoning = you are both A-OK

JP tells me both methods incur the penalty.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 4, 2017, 06:20 PM
time to wait for the backslash once this kicks in and good luck with you VPN users and your frequent 630's

Zorak000
Mar 4, 2017, 06:22 PM
JP tells me both methods incur the penalty.oh so it's more "the first person to abandon/disconnect in a full, 12-player group after the quest starts get's hit with a strike, if somebody is kicked from a party the first person to drop after that still gets a strike"

so we would need to look out for trolls baiting people into penalizing themselves by forming a party then kicking one or more of them after the quest starts, making people think it's ok to drop out now that somebody else already left

ArcaneTechs
Mar 4, 2017, 06:27 PM
oh so it's more "the first person to abandon/disconnect in a full, 12-player group after the quest starts get's hit with a strike, if somebody is kicked from a party the first person to drop after that still gets a strike"

so we would need to look out for trolls baiting people into penalizing themselves by forming a party then kicking one or more of them after the quest starts, making people think it's ok to drop out now that somebody else already left
does this mean then:
12/12-someone leaves
11/12-one more decides to leave
8/12- 3 more leave

so then you either have to finish with what minimal people you have or take the mark?

pkemr4
Mar 4, 2017, 06:36 PM
would be nice if difficulty scaled down in real time based on mpa numbers

Kondibon
I'm pretty sure only the first person to manually leave or DC from a FULL mpa gets the penalty. Last time I read about it at least.

Evangelion X.XX
It means:

In a 12/12 MPA, if the party leader kicks a person in his party, then the MPA becomes 11/12. However, the person who is kicked out by the party leader isn't penalized.

So now in this 11/12 MPA, if a person unwittingly thinks, "Gee, somebody bailed, now if I bailed too, I won't be penalized..."... he will be DEAD WRONG, and will be penalized since it was he who was the 1st person to "technically" bail (the person getting kicked by the party leader doesn't count).

Suplin
Mar 4, 2017, 06:45 PM
It means:

In a 12/12 MPA, if the party leader kicks a person in his party, then the MPA becomes 11/12. However, the person who is kicked out by the party leader isn't penalized.

So now in this 11/12 MPA, if a person unwittingly thinks, "Gee, somebody bailed, now if I bailed too, I won't be penalized..."... he will be DEAD WRONG, and will be penalized since it was he who was the 1st person to "technically" bail (the person getting kicked by the party leader doesn't count).

I am probably wrong somewhere but does not the whole "first guy leaves" penalty incurs only if the mpa is actually 12/12?
sure in your scenario the mpa was at one point 12/12 but would it not have to be somehow full again before the ban "branding" happens?

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 4, 2017, 06:54 PM
^Well, I'm just summarizing what others have posted (Zorak and TheszNuts).

TBH, I don't really know what's going to happen, until this system is implemented.

weak bullet
Mar 4, 2017, 06:57 PM
And they forgot that they can just lock down the abandon button similar to abduction, well unfortunately you can just log out from it.

rsod
Mar 4, 2017, 07:55 PM
welp, I guess I'll stop doing most of EQs after march 8... though I only disconnect on average like couple times per week, I'm pretty sure that will be enough to get banned... all of that looks like they want to get rid of some of player base because they can't handle it.. it won't be surprising if they will do ban all outsiders after that... you think they disabled tweaker detection on purpose? yes, but not on purpose of allowing people to play but to track who uses tweaker and to ban them in future...

Zorak000
Mar 4, 2017, 08:19 PM
well it sounds like this change was in response to negative feedback from players over the previous version of the penalty, and I don't think going from "you got locked out from that eq for 630ing" to "you got (temp?)banned for 630ing too often" is going to make them change their opinion

Sega it's 2017. just make a re-connect feature to put people back into the instance they disconnected from. this way the only way out would be to abandon, and you can have the penalty associated with that instead

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2017, 08:23 PM
It depends on how often is too often, how long the ban is, and whether or not those bans would count against you in the long run.

If you have to leave 5 times durring the span of one EQ, and the ban is only 30 minutes-hour that's fine, but if it's 5 times within a week, and the ban is longer than a day, then yeah, that's a problem.

TheszNuts
Mar 4, 2017, 08:35 PM
From what I seen with JP talk it appears to be an absolute ruling, if you manually leave/630 you will incur the penalty regardless of the mpa size, Party leads can kick ppl all they want til the mpa is 3/12 but it still boils down to if they leave themselves they get penalized. This might cause PUG mpas to die outright after the update.

rsod
Mar 5, 2017, 07:08 AM
I think good soultion could be 11/12 team mpa runs. This way penalty won't count and if someone disconnects he won't get ban, and team also can freely restart.

And it's better to not do pug runs then from now. Only 11/12 team mpa. This way can be completely safe from bans.

morkie
Mar 5, 2017, 09:36 AM
penalty only triger if 12/12?
i see

Cadfael
Mar 5, 2017, 10:21 AM
Am I understanding this correctly in that the first person to manually drop is the only one to incur the penalty? As in, 12/12 MPA, one person is kicked, 11/12 MPA, one person drops and is penalized, 10/12 MPA everyone else can drop freely if they wish?

isCasted
Mar 5, 2017, 10:38 AM
Am I understanding this correctly in that the first person to manually drop is the only one to incur the penalty? As in, 12/12 MPA, one person is kicked, 11/12 MPA, one person drops and is penalized, 10/12 MPA everyone else can drop freely if they wish?

Yes, and you can't possibly know who quits and who's kicked.

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2017, 11:23 AM
And they forgot that they can just lock down the abandon button similar to abduction, well unfortunately you can just log out from it.
The abandon button is not locked on abduction.

Lyrise
Mar 5, 2017, 12:36 PM
The abandon button is not locked on abduction.

Unless they changed that recently, I believe the case is that it still is locked. This is why when you hear of people going modulator farming, they all mention suiciding to Elder - If it were as easy as abandoning, pretty sure we'd all be doing that instead.

Z-0
Mar 5, 2017, 12:40 PM
You can use the leave party option, but cannot disband the quest.

Most suicide to Hunar because they believe leaving lowers their abduction chance (it doesn't, but whatever).

Zorak000
Mar 5, 2017, 01:58 PM
From what I seen with JP talk it appears to be an absolute ruling, if you manually leave/630 you will incur the penalty regardless of the mpa size, Party leads can kick ppl all they want til the mpa is 3/12 but it still boils down to if they leave themselves they get penalized. This might cause PUG mpas to die outright after the update.

yikes

doomdragon83
Mar 5, 2017, 03:06 PM
It's funny because the entire reason this has occurred is because of people farming in Necky. A lot of people left after Gal because his affix drops were very good, instead of going to the end, so people who wanted to finish obviously complained. It's not people ditching because they don't like the run, it's trying to farm as much as they can from one specific enemy in the 30 minute time slot.
Isn't this also the reason we have teleport gates in most if not all EQs from like a Summer or 2 ago? People wanting to farm would look for a specific boss, then kill it for drops and then abandon.

I like how having a single crystal at the end was supposed to be the solution to that, but for some reason bosses in TD never got that treatment. So instead of changing the boss drops they're doing this? :wacko:
That makes all kinds of sense but it feels more like Sega wants to have greater control of how players play.

I never thought quitters were an issue, at worst, you may be inconvenienced for that EQ at that time. But we have a way to deal with that since before day 1 with passworded MPAs. This nonsense Sega's trying to push is gonna affect me for sure, I did 630 out of my first EFM run and whenever we have these EQs that people come out for, I can just feel the lag. If I don't load up campship AND have my drink ready beforehand, I have to cross my fingers and hope I make it to the field, even then there's no guarantee I won't 630. Well, if I get banned because Sega are too busybody with how people act, then it'll give me a good reason to uninstall and get more space for my PC.

Alenoir
Mar 5, 2017, 08:03 PM
I went to relisten to the part about this, and as mentioned in the first post, your strikes are counted during a period of time. They won't tell us what the span of time is and how many strikes (supposedly different for each quest), but I'm going to guess this period of time is not like, across half a year or something, and that they want you do deal with your shitty internet first before getting into a 12/12 only to drop about 3 minutes in, or something like that.

Which means I gotta get off my lazy ass and go buy that new router.

Z-0
Mar 6, 2017, 02:23 AM
SEGA recently posted again about the measures. Same link as OP.

These measures will come into effect from March 22nd:

You may be temporarily or permanently banned if the following conditions are met over a period of time:

- During targeted emergency quests that begin with 12 players, you are the first to leave. (Meaning, if you kick someone and then leave, you will still be striked)

There is no difference if you leave manually, by line disconnection or client crash. Please ensure your connection is stable before playing.

SteveCZ
Mar 6, 2017, 02:55 AM
Big note guys. This time, you ain't lose no capsules, you ain't lose no EQ runs, you ain't lose no triggers and whatever dc can give you.

This time, disconnection will get you banned.

pkemr4
Mar 6, 2017, 03:11 AM
Nice Game

Meteor Weapon
Mar 6, 2017, 03:25 AM
I'm guessing JP's are still not happy about this either huh. How are we supposed to know if our connection suddenly decided to shat for no reason?

vantpers
Mar 6, 2017, 03:32 AM
This is one of the best and ballsiest moves Sega has done. It's kinda ridiculous that people who shouldn't even be playing the game complain that the measure is unfair for their overseas network, or shitty VPN. And what's even better those same people often were the cause of this.

Kimura is right up there with Suganuma as the guy who should be given control over another episode.

Xaeris
Mar 6, 2017, 03:39 AM
I dislike how vague they're being. I can understand wanting to hold the specifics of these measures close to the vest, but if our accounts are at risk, I feel like we should know exactly how long the string holding Damocles' sword is.

Z-0
Mar 6, 2017, 03:55 AM
This is one of the best and ballsiest moves Sega has done. It's kinda ridiculous that people who shouldn't even be playing the game complain that the measure is unfair for their overseas network, or shitty VPN. And what's even better those same people often were the cause of this.

Kimura is right up there with Suganuma as the guy who should be given control over another episode.

You have to realise all the backlash is from the JP community, and the people who ditch more often than not are the JP community, right? Example of JP complaint: https://twitter.com/MisakaYuuna/status/833569281778470912 (For reference, 1K Retweets on PSO2 Twitter is a lot because even SEGA's own tweets generally do not receive that many)

Also the complaint basically says that countermeasures hurt premades more than public games, and many people crash/DC through no fault of their own, even Japanese players. Error 630 is a meme over there for the same reason it's a meme over here.

Gaijins are merely a blip compared to the population of the Japanese players, and both communities do the exact same thing.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 6, 2017, 03:56 AM
except......DC'n from the server can happen locally as well so I doubt this is a shot at overseas players....

Seems kind of silly they can't differentiate between manually leaving and actually getting disconnect from the server....

SteveCZ
Mar 6, 2017, 04:22 AM
Seems kind of silly they can't differentiate between manually leaving and actually getting disconnect from the server....

What's silly is they keep pushing their will for an unsolvable problem right there.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 6, 2017, 04:27 AM
This would be solved if they did every single EQ (or atleast stuff like TD,raid,seasonl,w/e) if they did exactly how they did with Vday....(and few others)

Where NOTHING drops until the very end of the quest being cleared.....

that would literally solve everything...but nope....lets go a more difficult way

because the 630 is going to screw over ALOT of people....for something they didn't do anything wrong.....

rsod
Mar 6, 2017, 05:06 AM
Alright, whatever. Seems like PSO2 won't last for much longer. Can someone suggest me good MMORPG to play? Preferably, with possibility to opt-out of pvp content. Thanks.

morkie
Mar 6, 2017, 06:00 AM
i agree, it is a sign of quitting, glad RO is on OBT...

sad my decent account,can't make it in ep5, i don't want to lose my 14*

nguuuquaaa
Mar 6, 2017, 06:27 AM
With Solo PD gone in the next maintenance there's no more reason to go EQs huh...
Guess I had to stop playing PSO2 for a while. Gotta finish my backlog of novels and games in the mean time then.

rsod
Mar 6, 2017, 06:41 AM
With Solo PD gone in the next maintenance there's no more reason to go EQs huh...
Guess I had to stop playing PSO2 for a while. Gotta finish my backlog of novels and games in the mean time then.

solo pd will be gone? I thought it is permanent eq... welp, if they added upgrades to zieg, I was pretty sure it will be available on schedule forever...

Xaeris
Mar 6, 2017, 06:43 AM
Solo PD won't be available during scheduled occurrences of MPA PD, but the trigger will still exist.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 6, 2017, 06:46 AM
solo pd will be gone? I thought it is permanent eq...

The trigger is still there. Just the solo part of the EQ will be gone.

Oh shoot, I forgot Battle Arena. Well, no more reason to stay in regular blocks then.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 6, 2017, 06:47 AM
They don't really have reason to remove PD Solo from the EQ. Goddamn EP4 is bloatedly full of time limited gameplay content shit.

Vatallus
Mar 6, 2017, 06:58 AM
630s can happen for any numbers of reasons. Too many to list honestly. The issue is it doesn't seem anyone at Sega is currently showing any form of intelligence with this new system and thinks everyone should be punished for something they may have or may not have done.

I have a rather stable connection, but much isn't stopping Sega's server from derping or a node on the way to their server from derping. Which in the end I'll be the one punished for it.

But from what I've heard about the japanese police force I'm not surprised Sega thinks this is an acceptable policy. Guilty until proven innocent.

Lyrise
Mar 6, 2017, 07:53 AM
All I see is a whole lot of overreaction, especially since it's a game whose Terms of Service should have shut us out, but ignores it anyway. Let's just wait and see what actually happens when it happens, or when we get more granular detail. I'm also fairly sure it was mentioned that these bans are temporary anyway (unless you get hammered several times, then I'd be scared).

For the majority of people, this won't be an issue at all. If you get a 630, that's just strike against you but nothing's going to happen to you. If you're getting 630s repeatedly over short amounts of time, perhaps it's time to take a look at your computer/internet connection - Seems like insanity if you get 2-3 error 630s during an EM, and you STILL want to keep trying to run it again.

rsod
Mar 6, 2017, 08:08 AM
The trigger is still there. Just the solo part of the EQ will be gone.

Oh shoot, I forgot Battle Arena. Well, no more reason to stay in regular blocks then.

sure noone gonna remove existing triggers, but xie will be gone so no way to buy new ones?
welp, whatever, I wanted to try for s-rank, but I think not gonna happend.

Moffen
Mar 6, 2017, 08:18 AM
sure noone gonna remove existing triggers, but xie will be gone so no way to buy new ones?
welp, whatever, I wanted to try for s-rank, but I think not gonna happend.

m80,all xies shops get moved into the badge exchange shop when she leaves.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 6, 2017, 09:09 AM
Kind of makes you wonder where she goes in between her appearances

Z-0
Mar 6, 2017, 09:32 AM
I'm also fairly sure it was mentioned that these bans are temporary anyway (unless you get hammered several times, then I'd be scared).
SEGA mentioned in their most recent statement on the website that the bans can be permanent.

The issue here is that SEGA is not really known for their competence -- they ended up banning players when Chain Trigger boosted Vol Graptor / Banish Arrow simply because they did Magatsu "too fast", so their vague "too many strikes" could end up being something ridiculous by their standards, and people are worried about that.

Even making a premade doesn't save you from this, and what about certain quests (possibly in the future) where premades may want to go to a certain point and then leave? Everyone is gonna get striked and may hit the threshold, and SEGA probably aren't going to listen to an excuse like "I was farming with a premade" as they'll probably see that as lying.

The Japanese community are "overreacting" as well, it's not just us.

SmolNeko
Mar 6, 2017, 10:04 AM
The Japanese community are "overreacting" as well, it's not just us.

Hopefully like things in the past, it will be outright cancelled or removed after a period of time due to negative response. SEGA should already know that "forcing" people to play with those they don't like is a big problem, something they regularly try to encourage but that people tend to frown upon. This game basically supports the notion of soloing, with it's variety of solo quests and optional OP builds that allow people to overgear to an extent where final bosses are "easily" killable. I guess the only option for premades is to organize 11/12 MPAs instead of 12/12 MPAs now? For say, if they want to abandon after Ringa in Beckoning or after a certain wave in TD exp farming.

My biggest wish is that someone takes over from Kimura for the next episode, and rids us of such stupid ideals.

Xaelouse
Mar 6, 2017, 10:08 AM
They went from slapping you on the wrist via blocking access to the EQ to full blown ban threats. Next would be sending the yakuza after us

Alenoir
Mar 6, 2017, 10:16 AM
Was the CT Vol Graptor abuse permaban? I wasn't paying attention to that whole thing so not entirely sure.

For premades, I know it's going around the "problem", but since this only applies to raid bosses and TD according to lives, either start running in 11/12 or have every person in the MPA take a bullet instead of one person being the quitter if the condition for ban is lenient enough?

Z-0
Mar 6, 2017, 10:18 AM
It was a weekly ban for anyone who did too many Magatsu runs according to SEGA's own idea of how many people should be doing. People who ran full FO groups got banned too.

And yeah, 11/12 is probably going to be what people are going to do. While it's most likely nobody will ever see a suspension through disconnection or crash (or even suddenly having to leave, shit happens sometimes), it's best not to risk it.

SteveCZ
Mar 6, 2017, 10:23 AM
Next would be sending the yakuza after us

That moment when you got disconnected from an MPA and right at that time someone knocking your door right after. :dead:

Shinamori
Mar 6, 2017, 08:44 PM
I feel like that this will only make complaining about poor performing players grow more.

[Ayumi]
Mar 7, 2017, 02:39 AM
Does this mean leaving before the transporter ends? Or even before that? Because I can see people trying to leave a 12/12 before the teleporter starts if they see any bad players in the MPA before their account gets a strike.

Masu
Mar 7, 2017, 04:49 AM
;3414443']Does this mean leaving before the transporter ends? Or even before that?
Yes I would like to know about this too.

;3414443'] Because I can see people trying to leave a 12/12 before the teleporter starts if they see any bad players in the MPA before their account gets a strike.
Or you can just get a 630...like the one I got earlier at Elder teleporter :/ Falz arms ran quite well then Elder time comes and poof *shrug*

[SPOILER-BOX]Anyway it's been almost 2 weeks I'm testing and I can safely say that the game have somewhat an auto-kick function hidden behind 630. Like I can't run safely any EQ on b17 and 18 which are the highest and most crowded. 100% successful 630 with no booster help :-D. When I get those 630, unlike the "normal" ones , I can immediately log in again . With the "normal" 630 (which rarely happen), I can't log in immediately. If I try ships are greyed with an unknown status and I'm forced to quit game and re-launch.
When I'm back in game and check blocks status, 17 and 18 are full (premium space too, obviously). Now my theory is, as I'm fremium and premiums try to force their way to those blocks, game randomely 630 fremium to free space for premium. Call me paranoid or whatever but fact is I can't run an eq on those blocks :???:[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ryuhou
Mar 7, 2017, 05:15 AM
One thing that somehow is missing from this discussion is the leecher problem.
Obviously Sega is doing this because leechers are a huge problem and cause many people to ditch crappy runs with a lot of leechers.
Many times I ended up leaving a TD4 and even some TD3 run when it became evident I was about the only decent player, certainly beats running the entire thing with B1 people that just get in your way and can't do even the most simple of jobs.

Now Sega is literally forcing the better players to carry the leechers HARD to force the game to become even more casual friendly than before, because now it's not just that most of the time you have to carry leechers, it's that if you don't do it you just get banned and apparently you can get banned permanently over this crap.

Sega is running PSO2 into the ground so hard you'd think the decision makers actually work for the competition, there will be a lot of people that are gonna quit cause they don't have a convenient team to always run eqs with and don't want to be forced to babysit retards for most of the game's content that is actually fun.

While this seems to be only case for final boss and TD runs and stuff, this can easily be extend to every other eq as well. Hell, one of the requirements is limited runs and even mob eqs can have run limits, like last Easter had.

And that is not even taking into account the shittacular coding of the game that gets me frequent crashes and 630s and I'm by no means the only with these
problems.

There were cases when I crashed/630ed literally 5 times in a row, so to me it sounds just like a matter of time until I get banned.

And that's not even taking into account when I ran an eq but got sick and tired of the glaring flaws of the game (not other people) and just had to quit cause I didn't want to play anymore.
Or well, one of the many other reasons you gotta quit like that can happen irl.

So either there will be enough backlash for sega to change it back to the first idea of being locked out of the eq for half an hour (highly reasonable and pretty much perfect solution) or people will start to quit the game in masses.

Sega are too dumb to understand that a community only consisting of leechers and casuals won't work when these only have fun cause they don't make much of an effort and the game will be very different when there are only few good players left that actually carry them.

More than once I heard people in various lobbies talk about not liking magatsu or TD 4 cause it's too hard. If they don't get carried, they don't enjoy the game and won't play much either so this could end up costing Sega a large portion of the playerbase.

Certainly does nothing to encourage me to come back from my hiatus, just makes me want wait until next year before I check back again.

sol_trigger
Mar 7, 2017, 05:41 AM
wow llolololol this game has turned into elitism witch hunt narzi online 2
@AIDA : pls disconnect your proxy during EQ pls pls pls pls do this :clown::clown::clown::clown::clown:

Vatallus
Mar 7, 2017, 05:53 AM
I didn't feel like bringing it up but since someone else did. Yeah, you're going to be stuck with any leechers you get unless you want that strike and possible ban.

The whole system is really badly thought out and doesn't actually prevent abuse. You either run as a 11/12 in organized MPAs to bypass the strike, and it gives leechers a free ride of forcing people to carry them as long as that leecher does just a little bit more than sit in the corner afk so Sega won't ban them.

But no, no really, it doesn't actually prevent most abusive things Sega was getting anal over. Just the unlucky bastard that wants to drop a 12/12 run and then turns around and bitch slaps anyone that gets a 630 or client freeze during a 12/12.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 7, 2017, 06:29 AM
For people using proxies, their stuck on one IP address right? that itself is bad since it'll possibly cause a genocide

Nyansan
Mar 7, 2017, 07:34 AM
For people using proxies, their stuck on one IP address right? that itself is bad since it'll possibly cause a genocide

If anything, accounts that 630 would instead have an individual 'counter' every time they DC/quit from an EQ that once they reach a threshold would trigger an automated system to ban the said account. Banning accounts across a whole IP range/IP would kill net cafes, something which any company wants to avoid doing.

Lyrise
Mar 7, 2017, 07:51 AM
;3414443']Does this mean leaving before the transporter ends? Or even before that? Because I can see people trying to leave a 12/12 before the teleporter starts if they see any bad players in the MPA before their account gets a strike.

No penalties are doled out if the run hasn't started. This is specifically why they put it only on gated EMs with a limited run count.

Z-0
Mar 7, 2017, 12:02 PM
There are no quests in PSO2 that require lots of people to be good. 1 good person (you) and 11 "leechers" (i.e. people who aren't that great) is enough to clear any quest comfortably with S-Rank providing the good person (you) is actually a good player.

Maybe Necky, because I never played that, but all the raid bosses and TD1-4 are all easy enough that you can carry alone, so only bad players actually complain about "leechers", just for clarity.

Kondibon
Mar 7, 2017, 12:14 PM
Maybe Necky, because I never played that, but all the raid bosses and TD1-4 are all easy enough that you can carry alone, so only bad players actually complain about "leechers", just for clarity.I want to agree with you, but how do you carry TD with 1 person?

Z-0
Mar 7, 2017, 12:23 PM
For TD1-2, if you play a FO you can cover a lane or side yourself as a FO, and 11 other bodies can most certainly deal with the other two lanes, and you can go help them later. You also get a lot of heals with crystals, so it's not a big issue. Take a friend or two who can also do lanes themselves and you've already won.

For TD3-4, you have AIS. You need to have people who are literally leeching to not be able to clear well, because AIS puts everyone on equal ground. Generally, you'll never have a situation where most of the MPA is literally leeching, so it's no big deal.

Necky I never played, I heard that was harder so I can't comment.

Admittedly, my comment was somewhat hyperbole, but I've noticed 99% of people who complain about leechers and how good they are tend to be people who are not so great themselves, and they're the ones who generally get carried, like that guy who made that wall of text. What kind of really good player can't put in the effort to get premade games or good friends as well, hmm? If leechers are apparently so bad (they're not), do something about it instead of complaining about leechers.

Zephyrion
Mar 7, 2017, 12:24 PM
There are no quests in PSO2 that require lots of people to be good. 1 good person (you) and 11 "leechers" (i.e. people who aren't that great) is enough to clear any quest comfortably with S-Rank providing the good person (you) is actually a good player.

Maybe Necky, because I never played that, but all the raid bosses and TD1-4 are all easy enough that you can carry alone, so only bad players actually complain about "leechers", just for clarity.

Just pointing out quickly because it's a point that irks me all the time (it's not against you personally or anything) ; people should stop mixing leechers and undergeared

- A leecher is a person that just voluntarily downgrade his/her equips and/or downright go AFK just to get dat juicy loot. That person is and will always be effectively useless in a mpa in afk case.

- Somebody being undergeared means that their gear is not quite up to par to the difficulty they're playing, meaning their damage will be a bit low even if they actually put effort. I personally don't find that to be that big of an issue. in raid bosses and seasonals, it just means a longer fight/one less run, which may be annoying, but frankly doesn't remotely deserve to make a fuss about it.As for TD, just being there and doing something is a huge help, being collecting crystals, diverting aggro from tower or using various actions like heals, barriers, purifying sockets and so on. Sure they won't kill enemies as fast as some other players, but their presence and help have meaning, and shouldn't be looked down on.

Zysets
Mar 7, 2017, 12:27 PM
I want to agree with you, but how do you carry TD with 1 person?

Don't know about one person but not too long ago I and two others carried an MPA of 7 total after half the group dropped and we won. It was actually really fun.

blood13666
Mar 7, 2017, 01:43 PM
if anyone have some jp friend how about asking them to rely this msg to Sega ?

option 1 "give the players an option where players are cool with dcers and wont get a penalty if they dc midrun, instead of having ppl with dc issue risk a ban"

option 2:create a tracker for ppl pressing the abandon//disband//loggout buttons which is very simple...if they unplug their net connection to get error 630 on purpose they loose their block and have to go with leftover...or you could create a block especially for ditchers...upon relog ditcher get sent to the ditcher block and may not go to regular blocks for the next hour ...ditcher block penalty....bosses have 3 time more health and 25% less loot but can still do eq....doing that should discourage ppl from leaving on purpose in the less negative way if all they were aiming for is a quick run..if they were getting a slow run they just be punished by getting a even more slow run and slightly less loots if they ditch

option 3: have them ask Sega to tell players whats the strike limit within a month if they refuse option 1&2 at least so ppl can stop going to eq to avoid the ban hammer if they actually have dc issue but that still remain very irritating that such a system is in place...and its a bigger issue for players that have dc issue and play all day long which put them at even more risk or spoil they're mood if they reach the strike limit earlier than casual and force them to be casual

option 4:scrap that plan entirely if 1,2&3 are refuse because it will be truly bad for their income...due to ppl get ban and never return...some will leave due to loosing their friend....and the curren system decision will scare newer players away

Kondibon
Mar 7, 2017, 01:54 PM
Don't know about one person but not too long ago I and two others carried an MPA of 7 total after half the group dropped and we won. It was actually really fun.I was just wondering about the logistic of defending all of the towers mostly on your own, which Z-0 explained. I agree though. You don't need a full MPA of amazing players, and a lot of the people complaining seem to not realize they're part of the problem.

echofaith
Mar 7, 2017, 03:12 PM
a lot of the people complaining seem to not realize they're part of the problem.

Pretty much this /:
If you tell me that is slower and you are losing boost, fair enough. But to blame failure and insane times when the content of this game isnt even that hard, just proves how much the complainers are contributing to the MPA.

SteveCZ
Mar 7, 2017, 04:35 PM
Z-0 is right you can carry TD 1-4 alone. In TD there are always group positions. Pick one, deal with it asap, and move accordingly. Unless the rest 11 players are AFK, there shouldn't be a problem. It's still slower if you want a speed run, but I guess some people don't see this as a fun challenge in pub mpa but rather a trouble, and it's understandable cause they aim for loots.

Maybe what SEGA concerned are those people with attitude who think they're so freakin tryhards and leave the pub mpa cause he thinks he's always better than others and the others slow him down, instead of challenge themselves to be a hero and enjoy the ride together as humans defending the world no matter what the situation is. :-P

Flaoc
Mar 7, 2017, 04:36 PM
but now what if there is no ra in magatsu.. that sounds kinda lame

rsod
Mar 7, 2017, 05:18 PM

but you can check classes and abandon before teleportation..

or play ra on magatsu yourself heh :3 if you want something to be done well, do it yourself

Noone guarantees you tho that those rangers you got in party will even use weak bullet.

Raujinn
Mar 7, 2017, 05:20 PM
Tough shit now! Sucks cause no ra is a pretty legit reason to quit.

I suspect players with the gear they generally have now though could handle Stu in reasonable time without RA (unless you have particularly bad luck with the number of undergeared in your MPA). The upside is I won't have to play "find the weakbullet" when the RA is bad I guess.

wrt the ban they really need transparency with this. They need to tell us how many strikes we got, how much time a strike persists for and how many earns a ban/permaban. It'd still be stupid and un-necessary but at least you could avoid the ban if you were having a particularly bad run wiht your connection or something. But I guess they dont want to say because they dont want people knowing how many times they can get away with quitting MPAs...

SteveCZ
Mar 7, 2017, 05:31 PM

Anyway I've been in magatsu pub runs that have no ra pretty often, and they can kill the thing in 5 minutes. Not really bad I say in terms of pub, I mean in terms of getting all 4 runs.

I should try XH blocks though, LOL.

Great Pan
Mar 7, 2017, 06:48 PM
Anyway I've been in magatsu pub runs that have no ra pretty often, and they can kill the thing in 5 minutes. Not really bad I say in terms of pub, I mean in terms of getting all 4 runs.

Feel my pain, bro. Suffer, like I did.

Nyansan
Mar 7, 2017, 08:26 PM

I once bet my brother to do his Magatsu on XH block, with 1m for every run he was able to complete. I only lost 1m that day lol.
IIRC it took him 25 mins to get 1 run, assuming that people dont mass quit by 1st gate. Issue seemed to be people quitting if no Ra/runs too slow/WB war.

Zulastar
Mar 7, 2017, 09:27 PM
ESPECIALLY for Magatsu I've made RaTe set who can WB, buff and break arm shields with just 1 Sphere Eraser.
Sphere Eraser btw can do 80-100k per tick on breaked and WBed part with 196pp and pp regen provided by Te sub is pretty tasty for dps ^^

SteveCZ
Mar 7, 2017, 10:05 PM
Feel my pain, bro. Suffer, like I did.

:dead:

I once bet my brother to do his Magatsu on XH block, with 1m for every run he was able to complete. I only lost 1m that day lol.
IIRC it took him 25 mins to get 1 run, assuming that people dont mass quit by 1st gate. Issue seemed to be people quitting if no Ra/runs too slow/WB war.

Holy rappy 25 minutes. It's hard to resist not to abandon that one, lool. But I'm glad your brother aren't persisting to take the 2nd run to take another 1m out of you (It's 25 minutes so I assume your brother could've taken another last run?). :-D

Nyansan
Mar 7, 2017, 10:17 PM
:dead:
Holy rappy 25 minutes. It's hard to resist not to abandon that one, lool. But I'm glad your brother aren't persisting to take the 2nd run to take another 1m out of you (It's 25 minutes so I assume your brother could've taken another last run?). :-D
I egged him to do but he was like 'Naw man 1m not gonna make me do that shitto again'

GHNeko
Mar 8, 2017, 05:09 AM
cant wait to see my friends get banned because they have unstable connections even tho all they play are premade MPAs :wacko:

edit: the counter shouldnt increment if the MPA itself is passworded.

i dont see why passworded MPAs count for towards this cuz everyone in said MPA has some sort of connection with each other and as a result they can sort out any issues on their own lol. cant they just check to see if the checkbox for passworded MPAs is set and use that flag to have the server ignore disconnects?

Nyansan
Mar 8, 2017, 05:29 AM
cant wait to see my friends get banned because they have unstable connections even tho all they play are premade MPAs :wacko:

edit: the counter shouldnt increment if the MPA itself is passworded.

A 'workaround' would be entering as 11/12 so anyone who disconnects doesn't get penalized. But yeah I agree, although knowing Sega they'd probably reason that the system can't detect a passworded MPA vs pub of 3 sets of parties :/

Meteor Weapon
Mar 8, 2017, 12:16 PM
BA's server just broke and Sega still intend to implement this fucking penalty. What a fucking joke Sega.

NightfallG
Mar 8, 2017, 06:56 PM
BA's server just broke and Sega still intend to implement this fucking penalty. What a fucking joke Sega.

BA?

And yeah this is monumentally stupid. Jesus fucking christ, Sega.

E: Oh, duh, Battle Arena. Fuck.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 8, 2017, 07:11 PM
Guess what, my fairly stable connection disconnected me twice today, but luckily I was playing Battle Arena instead of Mother :wacko:

The decision to drop every EQ ever never seems so convincing :wacko:

Zanverse
Mar 8, 2017, 07:27 PM
The banning system is only for major EQs, I hope you guys know that.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 8, 2017, 07:29 PM
The banning system is only for major EQs, I hope you guys know that.

So when the game is at it's laggiest even if you have a good connection?

Ryuhou
Mar 13, 2017, 10:57 AM
No penalties are doled out if the run hasn't started. This is specifically why they put it only on gated EMs with a limited run count.
Still too many for comfort and considering how last Easter had a run limit and literally every single new eq has a gate, this could quickly encompass the majority of all eqs, especially new mobbing eqs and ditching runs cause someone didn't follow the precise rules for maximum boss farming in new seasonal eqs is pretty common among snobby jps.
Actually I just wondered what would happen to those 2ch Magatsu runs where everyone used to leave if they notice there is someone in the mpa that doesn't use one of their handful approved builds.

No, seriously.
Not everyone can be as good as you bro. Most of us are just decent and even if we can carry some, we can't carry ALL the noobs by ourselves.In the first place, if you mpa with B1, there is no way in hell to get an S-rank in TD4 as only decent or better player in the mpa.

You backpedalled in the next post but I have been in a number of TD4 runs where people didn't manage to even kill a single Exoda by themselves.
And it only takes a single one of those to fire it's laser for more than 1-2 seconds to say goodbye to S-rank. You forget that most noobs do not actually heal in TD. In many runs I was about the only one that used a heal and if you tell people to heal they either ignore you or ragequit.

You have to distinguish between the nonsense meaning of "leecher" you brought up that simply means someone not really good and the actual leechers that contribute virtually nothing most of the time and in TD actively get in the way by drawing bosses towards towers or away from people that can actually kill them and who get airships to fire at towers all the time cause they hide behind them.

BTW I seriously wonder at how many people actively hate most EQ ditchers. Unlike some of them, the aforementioned jp snobs that ditch an mpa the instant you take one step outside max efficiency farming zones (seen that pretty often last xmas) most people that ditch eqs do so cause they get stuck with the real problem of this game: leechers sega now DEMANDS us to carry.
I don't ditch an eq just cause it's too slow to get 5 runs of some seasonal eq or cause in wave 5 of TD we lose a tower, I and most others ditch when we see people leech. People running along the mob eq deathtrain without actually attacking themselves, people with 9* +0 weapons or 2* units or similar folks.

The problem isn't that sega wants us to carry people that play normally, just not as good as people that make a real effort. They aren't that great but you can still get nice results. What sega now forces us to do is to carry the hordes of super casuals that think picking up random gear that drops and never upgrading it is ok and who do not give a damn about the mechanics after left "click for normal attack and right click to use skill".

They were the cancer of the game already before and are the reason I stopped playing but when before it was just a matter of trying again with another mpa and hope this eq you might still get a couple decent runs even if unlikely, now it's either carry all of them ever time or get banned.
And being in a team that frequently runs all sorts of eqs is far more easily said than done. I've been in teams running major eqs but even then I had to run all other eqs besides the newest TD, newest final boss eq and currently seasonal mobbing alone or with 2-3 other team mates at best.

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 11:06 AM
SEGA already said it's a social concern. So if you worry about leecher in pub mpas then you should make a super elite private non-leeching team, not ditching it. There's just no other way when it comes to public stuff.

Vatallus
Mar 13, 2017, 11:08 AM
So what you are saying is Sega went from wanting us to play in public and meet new people to only playing private MPAs.

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 11:18 AM
No SEGA wants us to stay with the leechers in pub and suck it up. That's basically it. Lol.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2017, 11:42 AM
So basically Mr. Ryuhou is mad he can't ditch a group to go get carried. :-)

I don't agree with the measures either but that's all your wall of text tells me if your issue with these measures is "boohoo I have to play with people worse than me now!"

Loveless62
Mar 13, 2017, 12:23 PM
So here's plan B for when you find yourself in a poorly-performing MPA:

Humbly finish the bad run.
After the run is done, either:

Wait a couple minutes before jumping into the next run in so you can slip into another MPA rotation with a separate group of people, or
Jump to another block and try to get into a run there.

Following these instructions will probably get you stuck in a 3/12 MPA that won't get started, but what else can you do?

(j/k, btw)

Loveless62
Mar 13, 2017, 06:15 PM
Double post hype

Here are some advanced tips for TD4:

Are you in a run that is doomed to fail? Instead of leaving and risking punishment, try instead to help the run reach its natural conclusion.

Ignore serious threats to the run, like:

Vibrace bombs
Exoda
Infected columns

Never use an AIS.
Try to manipulate the kill rate for enemies, so that a suicide pack of Goldrahdas spawn at the end of a wave.
Bring with you into the run a set of poor equipment that you can change into if the run goes south. Bring a set of gryphon units and a +0 20% 13* weapon that is fresh from a collection file. Remove one or both of your rings. With this set equipped, you can pretend to help with the effort, and you will resemble the kind of player that Sega's rules are trying to support. You might want to bring a +8 12* Izane unit with no affixes, since it will increase your tankiness somewhat with a set that otherwise may get you killed. Make sure to change out your solo PD S-rank title as well to not ruin the effect.

[SPOILER-BOX]DISCLAIMER: xD

[SPOILER-BOX]Don't do this shit. But, on a serious note, this demonstrates that there can be ways to work around a system.[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

pkemr4
Mar 13, 2017, 10:30 PM
soon pvp will get it

oratank
Mar 13, 2017, 10:30 PM
afk is in bad player category. you may banned if you got many reported.

sparab
Mar 13, 2017, 10:40 PM
afk is in bad player category. you may banned if you got many reported.

Unless you dance under a tower while afking there will be no punishment. Everyone needs to visit bathroom/answer phone/do chore once a couple of EQ right?

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 11:01 PM
Unless you dance under a tower while afking there will be no punishment. Everyone needs to visit bathroom/answer phone/do chore once a couple of EQ right?

Like doing EQ very seriously and then this happened.

http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3280849/original/?width=372&version=3280849

LancerFate
Mar 17, 2017, 12:42 PM
Mother EQ 27 min, 12/12 was about to leave few times, but i endured, SEGA you cant banhammer tough guys like me lol.

Z-0
Mar 17, 2017, 02:08 PM
If Mother is taking you 27 minutes, you're doing something wrong, not the rest of the people.

I did a duo with a friend last Mother, and even though we kept dying 'coz we're noobs and we lost so much damage (Chain Trigger Bug, the finish sometimes just dies instead of lasting like it should), it only took us like 35 minutes or something. My 4/12 groups usually finish in about 15~20 minutes as well, so don't be so quick to jump on everyone else being the problem.

I'm not pro or anything, but people need to realise that if bad runs are really common, there can only be one reason.

Saagonsa
Mar 17, 2017, 02:10 PM
If Mother is taking you 27 minutes, you're doing something wrong, not the rest of the people.

I did a duo with a friend last Mother, and even though we kept dying 'coz we're noobs and we lost so much damage (Chain Trigger Bug, the finish sometimes just dies instead of lasting like it should), it only took us like 35 minutes or something. My 4/12 groups usually finish in about 15~20 minutes as well, so don't be so quick to jump on everyone else being the problem.

When you lowman mother she stays down for way longer after breaking all the hands, so you can't exactly do a 1:1 comparison.

LancerFate
Mar 17, 2017, 03:05 PM

I'm not pro or anything, but people need to realise that if bad runs are really common, there can only be one reason.
Mb it's you're quick jump ? well i am not a pro, but at last can S rank solo PD no problem.
P.S. here is link, in order to not be unfounded https://youtu.be/kosxm0em1vg

Z-0
Mar 17, 2017, 04:51 PM
When you lowman mother she stays down for way longer after breaking all the hands, so you can't exactly do a 1:1 comparison.

I don't think this is right. Mother stuns for about roughly 10 seconds no matter what, but if you bring her HP down to 90%, 70% or 40%, she will get straight back up as those are the phase changes (also 10% HP for second cubes), which is why it seems like more players is less stun time.

The Rideroid phase is the same, she has 2 phases and will get straight back up from stun when you hit that HP threshold (I don't know what it is though, probably 50%).

Saagonsa
Mar 17, 2017, 05:02 PM
I don't think this is right. Mother stuns for about roughly 10 seconds no matter what, but if you bring her HP down to 90%, 70% or 40%, she will get straight back up as those are the phase changes (also 10% HP for second cubes), which is why it seems like more players is less stun time.

The Rideroid phase is the same, she has 2 phases and will get straight back up from stun when you hit that HP threshold (I don't know what it is though, probably 50%).

Nah, I just compared a 3 man run I did with a 12 man run. On a down after the 3rd arm phase (where they use combo attacks) she stayed down for ~25 seconds in the 3 man, while she stayed down for about ~15 seconds in the 12 man. Both of those where failures to change phases.

Here's a video comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zk_775dvwo

Remz69
Mar 18, 2017, 07:32 AM
testing methodology is bad, 54min timer vs 44 min one. One was the first stun most likely while the other one probably wasn't
it is important because i've soloed it enough to notice stuns last longer as the fight goes on, noticeably longer towards the end, not so much on the first few so idk if it's based on number of stuns or mother's HP

i don't know but i wouldn't be suprised if number of people also affect it since this wouldn't be the first stun to be based on number of players, however this requires a retest

Saagonsa
Mar 18, 2017, 07:43 AM
testing methodology is bad, 54min timer vs 44 min one. One was the first stun most likely while the other one probably wasn't

Uh, no. Those were both my own runs that I recorded (first one on ship 4 and 2nd on ship 2, so that's why the teams are different), so I think I'd know that they were both after the 3rd arm phase.

.razor.
Mar 18, 2017, 11:58 AM
RIP PSO2

rsod
Mar 18, 2017, 03:15 PM
Mb it's you're quick jump ? well i am not a pro, but at last can S rank solo PD no problem.
P.S. here is link, in order to not be unfounded https://youtu.be/kosxm0em1vg

>not a pro
>can S rank solo PD no problem

really?
what is a condition for being pro then? having 7s affixed units? clearing solo xq in 10 minutes with 1* gunslash?

Tunga
Mar 18, 2017, 04:50 PM
>not a pro
>can S rank solo PD no problem

Anything becomes easy after trying/doing it many times... Srs this "pro" meme needs to die already.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 18, 2017, 04:52 PM
Anything becomes easy after trying/doing it many times... Srs this "pro" meme needs to die already.
you can start by getting the others to stop calling people "elitist" when they get criticized for playing bad class combo's

solo pd is not pro status by any means tho

Tunga
Mar 18, 2017, 05:01 PM
you can start by getting the others to stop calling people "elitist" when they get criticized for playing bad class combo's

You dont like my BrBo combo? elitist...

ArcaneTechs
Mar 18, 2017, 05:05 PM
You dont like my BrBo combo? elitist...
no i hate you FO/HU meme class scumbags...and HU/SU's still

SmolNeko
Mar 18, 2017, 05:06 PM

solo pd is not pro status by any means tho

I think it's mutual thing between people who play "bad" combinations and hate being criticized/can't take criticism, and people like you, who criticize them and talk shit about them in places like PSO-W (which at times you have made painfully obvious when really you should keep that out of the community), who complain about being "the better player" frequently, and then complain at the things caused by such behavior, like parser being banned for trash talking/negative impacts, anti-ditcher implementations etc. When in reality, both sides are just as bad for the game as the other, but are blind to realize it.

The people in the middle of all this are the ones who end up suffering because the back and forth between the "casual" and the "elite" (if to use the terms these two parties throw at each other) never ends. Because of naming and shaming, parser was seen only as a negative and thus has been "banned", because of the mass disapproval towards non-standard builds (this is partly SEGA's fault yes, for making so very few things "desirable" in 12 man runs) people started ditching when they saw things they don't like, no matter how good the player was with it or how appropriate it was.

Things like this just make you look like a bit of a tool to be honest, this doesn't contribute anything to the good of threads, after one time stating this everyone knows your opinion on it, really you just look like an angry guy, are you an angry guy? It's okay to vent it but at the same time don't make this place any more toxic than it already can be.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 18, 2017, 05:25 PM
who complain about being "the better player" frequently, and then complain at the things caused by such behavior, like parser being banned for trash talking/negative impacts, anti-ditcher implementations etc. When in reality, both sides are just as bad for the game as the other, but are blind to realize it.
ive never once complained (that i recall) about any of these things. I support the parser, it has its many uses; good and bad. Anti Ditcher well neither JP or Eng is happy about this, when it comes to non raid quests, this becomes a problem for me but ah well, gotta sit through it or get banned. I'll still take bad JP players over bad Eng players any day of the week in my pug runs

The people in the middle of all this are the ones who end up suffering because the back and forth between the "casual" and the "elite" (if to use the terms these two parties throw at each other) never ends. Because of naming and shaming, parser was seen only as a negative and thus has been "banned", because of the mass disapproval towards non-standard builds (this is partly SEGA's fault yes, for making so very few things "desirable" in 12 man runs) people started ditching when they saw things they don't like, no matter how good the player was with it or how appropriate it was.
every MMO ever, even FF14. Blame Sega though for not implementing a DPS Training Quest so we don't have to resort to other methods.

Things like this just make you look like a bit of a tool to be honest, this doesn't contribute anything to the good of threads, after one time stating this everyone knows your opinion on it, really you just look like an angry guy, are you an angry guy? It's okay to vent it but at the same time don't make this place any more toxic than it already can be.
get back to Reddit with your safe place buddy

SmolNeko
Mar 18, 2017, 07:00 PM
get back to Reddit with your safe place buddy

The classic "go back to reddit xd" boogyman. Good job on invalidating anything credible you had to say by being an idiot, you should stick to posting anonymously on 4chan, suits you better than this place. Trying to make out you're an entitled special snowflake won't get you anything, continue ditching your runs and get banned, it'll do us all a favor from having to hear you talk shit about people all the time.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 18, 2017, 07:19 PM
The classic "go back to reddit xd" boogyman. Good job on invalidating anything credible you had to say by being an idiot, you should stick to posting anonymously on 4chan, suits you better than this place. Trying to make out you're an entitled special snowflake won't get you anything, continue ditching your runs and get banned, it'll do us all a favor from having to hear you talk shit about people all the time.
Why do you get triggered so easy from that one liner broski? far as I know I dont act entitled for things (i mean if i did let me know) unlike Freemium players acting like if Premium players get something that they've been flipped the bird or something.

I also don't ditch, it's very rare I do in fact I don't remember the last time I have since if I wanna get into a better mpa, I wait a bit so the trash fills in together and I get a better roll. So calm your tit's bruh and quit being upset that I violated your safe space

Meteor Weapon
Mar 23, 2017, 06:35 AM
So this has been quiet but is the ban penalty for ditching still there?

oratank
Mar 23, 2017, 08:18 AM
don't know got super lag and dced at 30miniute mark in mother eq yesterday so i can't check about it

rsod
Mar 23, 2017, 08:30 AM
So this has been quiet but is the ban penalty for ditching still there?

only 2 days past... I think we'll see first results with next maintenance

AnikaSteinberg
Mar 23, 2017, 08:45 AM
Still have this nagging, paranoid feeling that SEGA's still counting it even if the MPA is less than 12/12

*sigh*... might as well just avoid EQs entirely and just coast ever so slowly and casually into level 80 then.

EvilMag
Mar 23, 2017, 08:54 AM
I did 630 at PD this morning but I was still able to rejoin.

Ryuhou
Mar 23, 2017, 08:55 AM

Loveless62
Mar 23, 2017, 10:09 AM
I did 630 at PD this morning but I was still able to rejoin.
Judging by the way that Bumped worded Sega's abandonment/disconnect policy, the EQ lockout is no longer in place. The punishment is now only temporary/permanent bans. Your disconnect caused a "strike" against your account, but no punishment will be given unless you accumulate more "strikes".

Ryuhou
Apr 14, 2017, 06:13 AM
What counts as strike for abandoning eqs?
- abandoning mother eq at 8/12?
- abandoning darker den eq at 12/12?
- abandoning mother eq at 12/12 when I started closing the game while I was still transfering to the block but the game finished closing after I arrived in that block's lobby (didn't go to campship)?

Lyrise
Apr 14, 2017, 10:10 AM
Only the 3rd situation would do it. At 8/12. the mpa was never full, and Darkers' Den isn't classified as a restricted run EM. (Anything that is limited in run count and has a teleporter start falls into this category)

Ryuhou
Apr 14, 2017, 12:41 PM
Thanks.
Also, fucking game I panicked when I realized I was going to a vita block (they seem to insist on being worse than B1) and quit cause I panicked and then a split second later realized it was a bad idea cause as expected the game took too long to close.

Moffen
Apr 14, 2017, 01:23 PM

You specifically make me want to play Fo/Hu and I dont even like force that much lmao.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 15, 2017, 03:05 AM
You specifically make me want to play Fo/Hu and I dont even like force that much lmao.
ya do it for survival cuz you know "cant do damage if your dead!" card that gets thrown everywhere