PDA

View Full Version : Sega wants us to like each other more.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 21, 2017, 02:28 PM
So, it seems like march update gonna turn usual +40% XP bonus for full party to unusual and tasty +40% triboost bonus. :D
I remember times when I gathered random bypassers to boost my leveling just a bit. It seems I'm gonna do it all the time now. Lets get socialized~
What do you think about this initiative? http://images.sgcafe.net/2014/11/pso2_38_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Z-0
Feb 21, 2017, 02:48 PM
Good move, because PSO2 has been devoid of social interactions for a really long time now. With run-limited quests, no level cap increases for a long time, everything coming from Collection File and stuff never dropping otherwise, nobody has bothered playing with anyone else because there's absolutely no benefit.

In the past there used to be a lot more of a community feel as there were things like Guruguru MPAs, public AQ rooms, public MPAs for various EQs for better results, but nobody cares anymore since there's almost no reason to. Everyone seems to be zombies now and it's really sad.

Flaoc
Feb 21, 2017, 03:05 PM
meh.. staying solo anyway in the rare event im not in a team mpa. not a huge fan of talking to randoms anyway

Xaeris
Feb 21, 2017, 03:43 PM
Nice for team runs, but not really a sufficient bribe to get me to join random parties.

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 21, 2017, 03:45 PM
My thoughts:

Implementing a "+40 Tri-Boost Bonus" for partying up will not induce me to play with others.

First of all, I'm not in any team and I prefer to play alone so I can do whatever I want, whenever I want without having to worry about other people's BS.

So yeah, "Forever Alone" for me.

TheSeunger
Feb 21, 2017, 03:48 PM
meh.. staying solo anyway in the rare event im not in a team mpa. not a huge fan of talking to randoms anyway

Ditto.

IchijinKali
Feb 21, 2017, 04:07 PM
Unless I'm doing a tmpa or the rare occasion I am running a AQ with someone besides myself I'm never in a party.

XQs, AQs, LQs, TAs, Dailys? Team is usually busy or I didn't bother to ask and I'm not too fond of asking randoms.

Alenoir
Feb 21, 2017, 04:17 PM
So the usual join a party, everyone stays completely quite for the entire duration of the run, and quit once the run's done. Sounds like what's already going on now.

Keilyn
Feb 21, 2017, 04:22 PM
All this boost will do is encourage players who normally don't run EQs to run them. Turning the Party BONUS into a Triboost will just have more EQ Parties making sure that they have four people to be three groups of four and not six groups of two.

I do like Groups and Teams, but I admit.
The reason I am not in a team is because there is a so much social/chat bullshit that I find it inconceivable at how people can survive such a system without going nuts over the lack of group-based out there.

Also, I don't remember what the last time was when I played this game.

I learned one lesson a few weeks ago:
"If a game has a system of marriage where all the characters are not Lolis, do not make your first character a loli character.... or beware of all the random marriage proposals you will receive by nightfall!"

.razor.
Feb 21, 2017, 04:44 PM
too many Kiritos here

lel

nguuuquaaa
Feb 21, 2017, 06:57 PM
Never once I thought SEGA would agree with me :wacko:

New way to troll: set up Party Maker, then kick anyone who join. :wacko:

oratank
Feb 21, 2017, 06:57 PM
great news for chain maron guys make it 100 chain :D

Vatallus
Feb 21, 2017, 07:16 PM
If only the people I knew still played regularly on ship 9. I refuse to return to the other english teams and read cancer chat 24/7.

IchijinKali
Feb 21, 2017, 08:19 PM
too many Kiritos here

lel

I resent being called a generic anime hero with no personality and whose only trait is 'good at games' and 'girls fall for him'.

Saagonsa
Feb 21, 2017, 08:35 PM
Considering how the party exp boost multiplies your exp boosts instead of just adding to it like all the other boosters do, this is kind of insane in terms of just how much it will boost your rdr. If they keep it multiplicative when they switch over to it being a triboost, that is. Although if they don't keep it multiplicative that'll actually be an huge nerf to exp gains, especially in AQs.

loafhero
Feb 21, 2017, 09:33 PM
Ignoring the usual PSO-World cynicism aside, I mostly play alone but this is still a very good move on the devs part.

Now where's that Oprah meme re-edited to say "You get a tri-boost! You get a tri-boost! Everybody gets tri-boosts!" ?

ews1114
Feb 21, 2017, 09:50 PM
Does this apply to only full party or a 2man party works too?

SteveCZ
Feb 21, 2017, 09:50 PM
150% boost and I'll drop my kirito mode and endure the cancer and drama coming from being in group and/or team.

Just kidding, basically playing alone cuts more time, like... the need of preparing 30 minutes for EQ in advance or gathering folks for TA/AQ when I can just get in right away. That's way priceless and gives me control. It's just a game I want to waste time alone anyway.

Zorak000
Feb 21, 2017, 10:06 PM
somebody was telling me the party exp boost as it is currently implemented is -multiplicative- to your other exp boosts, as in it's 1.4x exp after all your other boosts go through.

if they keep it this way it would be pretty nuts since we would be getting 1.4x on all of our rare drop boosters too

and I mean this as "The party boost is the only boost that is multiplicative, all of the rest are additive"

TehCubey
Feb 21, 2017, 10:52 PM
That's pretty cray. Is there a similar but smaller bonus for a party of only 3 or 2 people?

Anyway, if Sega wants to propagate more socializing this way, they didn't think their genius idea all the way through. Talking to people you party with at random is simply not the Japanese way. How this type of content looks like in other MMOs is people saying "yoroshiku" at the start, everyone knowing what to do and doing their job wordlessly, and then at the end maybe giving a good-job equivalent, a commendation or whatever the game has. Basically a 12/12 MPA, but with a group of 4.

Anduril
Feb 21, 2017, 11:27 PM
That's pretty cray. Is there a similar but smaller bonus for a party of only 3 or 2 people?

You get 20% for a 2-person, 30% for 3 people. You also get a reduced bonus for using NPCs: if it is you and 1 NPC it is 10%, then 5% for every additional NPC, up to 20%. The bonus can also be mixed. For example, a party with 2 players and 2 NPCs would give you a 30% boost, and a party of3 players and 1 NPC will give a 35% boost.

final_attack
Feb 21, 2017, 11:27 PM
I wonder if it'll make random open parties in EQ / AQ more .... common like before .....
I welcome the added bonus personally ^^;

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2017, 12:42 AM
Good for team runs, pretty meh overall, just continue playing how i do now but props on them for trying

Ziel
Feb 22, 2017, 10:30 AM
Given how im not fond of joining with other people on multi run EQs like TD/Magatsu/Seasonals due to rush B- mentality which sometimes costed me some drops (and once a 13* but it was an egg so meh) ill keep it to team/friends runs i guess.

On single run boss EQs tho i guess we will start using each other randoms as personal tri boost bonus.

Except if they implement the ditch penalty and this makes it applicable to the poor soul ditched:

New way to troll: set up Party Maker, then kick anyone who join. :wacko:

Funny how SEGA wants us to like us more and we already tought on how screw over the next guy via bait and switch even as an ironic joke.

Zulastar
Feb 24, 2017, 09:36 PM
I do not want to like scum who runs White Day EQ in WHOLE 10+ mins 3 rounds only...
I'd rather want them to die with brain cancer

ArcaneTechs
Feb 24, 2017, 11:14 PM
I do not want to like scum who runs White Day EQ in WHOLE 10+ mins 3 rounds only...
White Day is pretty shit, the E Trial RNG is just ridiculous this time around....or every time but 3-4 runs is well terrible, beck and call of RNG

Alenoir
Feb 25, 2017, 12:31 AM

Nothing you can do about it, that's how that EM goes.

Zysets
Feb 25, 2017, 03:47 AM
I actually only just started really getting social in the game, so this is lucky.

I use to solo basically everything but EQs (because MPAs), but I've been doing organized runs for EQs with the same people regularly and partying for SHAQs, CF farming, etc. Pretty convenient to get an extra Triboost just to do what I've been doing already this past year.

Ryuhou
Mar 13, 2017, 11:16 AM
EQs ruining the game. Yet again.
Sega seems to be desperate to bring back the social interactions and fun of playing in a group from PSU but with EQs and 12 player content that is impossible.
Sega shot themselves in the foot cause they couldn't imagine that *gasp*, if you allow people to slack they ****ing WILL and if you limit most of the actually fun content in the game to 30 minutes occasionally, allowing for more of it only if you perform well and then force slackers and everyone else together that people won't actually get along and that good players won't actually be fine carrying random slackers they don't know.

Sega set this game up to be like most mmos with large crowds, lots of rewards dangled in the players' faces and then added a crippling and very short timer for all the fun stuff yet more than doubled the usual group size.

The basic mmo setup already means players care mostly about themselves and maybe their guild but don't interact much with each other, forcing larger groups and a very short timer just means people are that much more pressed to care about their own results that care about others also reaching the goal eventually.
And if those others end up preventing players from getting what they would have normally gotten or gotten if the quest was for 4 players and they could have easily done it with only friends, this breeds a lot of resentment and this kind of environment obviously discourages people a lot from social interactions.

When it feels like most others just get in your way, you really don't wanna be their friend.
In old PS games the party size was much smaller and there was no time limit so most of the pressure didn't exist. Not enough people in a quest for players to slack off a lot without everyone else noticing and no time limit so if the run was bad you can just run again.

It's honestly beyond me how sega fucked this up beyond any recognition without their decision makers ever thinking that maybe it's not a good idea.

Recently a lot of updates have something to push a more social playing style. Like this party triboost or the earlier party exp boost and now the bs ban of eq ditchers makes it obvious that by now sega realized how deep they are into the giant pile of crap they turned this game into but they are still too dumb to realize how to fix it and instead of shifting some of the eqs to a format where we don't have to be 12 people to get srank or at least we don't have wait for 1 or more days (sometimes weeks for eqs that are brand new, anything not scheduled you might miss for a long time), they instead are going to ban everyone that doesn't play the game THEY want us to play.

Xiriko
Mar 16, 2017, 04:43 PM
I'm kinda teamless for a good while and playing solo for a longer while, kinda done with the social bs in most of the community myself. I've been meeting too many late 20s y/o pretending they're 12 y/o lolis, but heck now I guess I'll start looking for people to XQ with in order to get the extra boost in meseta drops...

At least the Expert blocks are actually making parties for the big EQs though which is nice I guess.

GHNeko
Mar 17, 2017, 08:30 AM
makes LQs easier to get a full party for

outside of that i tend to run with teams or discord regulars so while i enjoy it, i dont think im the target of this change so w/e.

jooozek
Mar 17, 2017, 11:45 AM
bloody hell

Kokurokoki
Mar 17, 2017, 05:21 PM
too many Kiritos here

lel

Not really. There's just no incentive to play as a team.

oratank
Mar 20, 2017, 05:32 AM
now i understand why some people create another pt beacon instead of join the exist one
because there are still have some shit head habit like cancel the quest right after get back on campship without asking anything