PDA

View Full Version : Who are Reye and Lynx...and how did they get these weapons?

Ven_Jance
Mar 9, 2001, 04:47 PM
Hi all

Does anyone else find it odd that after 6 weeks of never seeing or hearing about these items, that on one day the SAME 2 people have pics of 3 VERY rare weapons?!?

1. Who are they? Sega employees? Hackers?
2. How and where did they get these items below AT THE SAME TIME?

In weapons sect you see these people with these 3 weapons:
Sonic Knuckle
P-Arm's Blade
Nei's Claw

Anyway I am not buying they legitamely found these 3 things.
So what is the deal?

VJ

BlitzGott
Mar 9, 2001, 05:01 PM
Very odd indeed. 4 new rares all at once from the same 2 people?

Lavis Cannon
Sonic Knuckle
P(an)-Arms Blade
Nei's Claw

Interesting stroke of luck.

DW
Mar 9, 2001, 05:14 PM
Probably these weapons do exist its just that they are ultra rare drops and some how they are using Xploder or GS to obtain these one of a kind weapons.

Ven_Jance
Mar 9, 2001, 05:23 PM
> Probably these weapons do exist its just that they are ultra rare drops and some how they are using
> Xploder or GS to obtain these one of a kind weapons.

Well if this is the case, perhaps the PSO World staff member who manages the Weapons area should ask for "Where the item was found" - if it was a trade, or no answer is supplied then perhaps the pics should not be posted.

Also perhaps he should ask for photon efficiency, that was it will be easier to spot dupes
It seems a simple manner to track dupes of these items back to "Reye and Lynx" as well

Just seems odd for a site that is "against duping" to be promoting it in this roundabout way.

"Look, here are some really cool items you will never get unless you dupe or cheat"...great....

VJ

DW
Mar 9, 2001, 05:30 PM
You keep talking about pics that you post but I dont see anything. (

DW
Mar 9, 2001, 05:30 PM
You keep talking about pics that you post but I dont see anything. (

ReikenFeralsbane
Mar 9, 2001, 05:35 PM
your right Ven, its crazy how they get the weapons. but the weapons do exist, i have seen some in jap servers. i have even seen the fabled "glass sword " (loves glass sword).

BlitzGott
Mar 9, 2001, 05:40 PM
Actually, I remember a while back somebody on the GameFAQs PSO board was talking about Pan Arms Blade and a sword/gun weapon that could shoot(Lavis Cannon?). They were just quickly passed off as a liar though, because at the time it just didn't sound believable. I guess maybe they did find them. Kind of makes you wonder just what is the extent of the hidden treasures in PSO...

Moiraine
Mar 9, 2001, 05:41 PM
I agree. The chances that these two have legitimately aquired these weapons is slim to none. Of course, I don't know for sure...but you have to wonder.

Does the PSO WORLD staff feel that they information they provide is more important than promoting the integrity of the game? Seems like it right now. If you look at the whole list of Rare items, lots of the screenshots contain the same characters (but not all).

Manifest
Mar 9, 2001, 05:43 PM
Neis claw? what does it do?

TwiTsami
Mar 10, 2001, 02:58 AM
It could be that these 2 have had these weopons for a while and finnaly got access to a videodigitizing card so they could send in the info. And if they did cheat to get them, sure it sucks but I still want the pics, i could care less how they got it, I want to see these things, they look awesome.

Pneophen
Mar 10, 2001, 09:22 AM
i believe they got thier uber-rare weapons from trading with the japanese. ive saw one that was running around with a lavis cannon like there was not tomorrow.

AK404
Mar 10, 2001, 10:57 AM
<DEVIL'S ADVOCATE>

It's more important for an information site to post that these weapons and armors EXIST somewhere in the game, and so long as the information on them is accurate, then who cares how they got them?

If anything, it gives us more to look forward to.

</DEVIL'S ADVOCATE>

jett862
Mar 10, 2001, 11:16 AM
they trade for the weapons. Lynx tried to trade with me for a wepon once. I dont believe he cheats.

Ratsmack
Mar 10, 2001, 03:49 PM
I've played for 70 hours, and the best rare I have is a C-Bringer's rifle...and I had to trade for that. I'm SERIOUSLY doubting they got three of the rarest weapons in the game legitametly, and if they traded with the Japanese...they'd probably have to give up everything they had just for ONE.

PePiTo
Mar 10, 2001, 04:04 PM
Hmmm... I just got through playing with Reye- and she seemed to be an honest player. In fact, her Holy Ray was stolen by some guy named Android07 and so was some other person we were playing withs heaven. I dont think reye is a cheater... now lynx on the other hand. I get a little suspicious when some guy just pops up showing off all these weapons weve never even heard of before.

Cheech
Mar 10, 2001, 04:11 PM
Bleh at all of you people. For one, you don't know these people so how can you tell, oh they cheat! They duped all those weapons! Maybe they didn't even find the weapons, or even own them. But maybe they know people who know people. And let them borrow the weapons for snapshots. I lend out my weapons to my friends to use, no big deal. Think before you type, you don't know what your saying.

Cheech

P.S. I personally think your all jealous 'cause you can't find any good weapons. >=P

Ovurkill
Mar 10, 2001, 04:43 PM
I agree, even though it seems these two cheat, I would never assume they did because you never know for sure. I would hate for people to call me a cheater after I found a very rare item the honest way.

Ven_Jance
Mar 10, 2001, 09:27 PM
ok people get serious...

If we have to start rolling out actual facts and numbers based on the number of registered online players, vs. the number of rares listed in the "Rare weapons" section vs. the number of times "Lynx" is associated with the "introduction" of said "super rare items" to the community.

The community reacts by running around each server now lookin for these.
Free market being what it is, supply and demand...the dupers begin as these become the hot commodity.

It would simply be nice if PSO World adopted some type of standard by labeling Each item in these indexes with notice of which player found the item where and if duped, hacked items must be displayed for the "free flow of information" then the staff should take responsibility by noting on the item picture that said item has "No reported find location" .

With all the other info requested, this seems a simple request and task we all can benefit from.
A step further is to report the photon efficency and +grind as seen in pic. This helps to follow duped items.

To claim "jealousy" etc in this matter is simply to avoid looking at the facts.
Why can't Sega make claims on official rare items being verified? How can we tell if items are legit or seemingly a hack like OPA OPA or Sonic Knuckles(I mean cmon, most every other weapon in the game fits the story, characters, etc...cept this..this does not include mags)

I'm sorry but having questions about these situations is a good thing.
And until Lynx has a better answer than people let him use these items or he trades for em, I don't buy he is anything but party to large scale cheating.

VJ

PePiTo
Mar 11, 2001, 12:39 AM
I agree with your thory about Opa Opa and Sonic Knuckles... i mean really. These items are just too... weird. They seem so out of place. Its like the designers threw away any sense of keeping with the story and decided Knuckles fists would make a cool weapon. Come on, its even called Sonic Knuckles, and yet there is nothing sonic related on them. That and my feet hurt! I bet dupers or cheaters are to blame for that too. And whats with kids today...

Whats my point, oh yeah. Stay out of my boose.