PDA

View Full Version : New PSO2 player here (ps4), would love some help!

Kojiben
Feb 24, 2017, 02:40 PM
Hello, I just recently got my physical copy of Phantasy Star Online 2 on the ps4. I previously played the game on my Japanese PSN account but then I stopped after a while because the language barrier. After playing through PSNova, I want to fully commit to PSO2 because I just love the series so I bought the physical version so I can play on my US PSN account.

Anyway I have a few questions, I did try looking online but couldn't find a straight answer so sorry if this has been answered already.

I received what appears to be two codes in my physical edition, how do I redeem these?

Is there any benefits to playing through Episodes 1-3 or should I start with 4?

How much of the game can I solo? I just fear that I will get kicked a lot if I don't know what I am doing so I figure I would play through the game and grind gear and what not before I really get into it.

I am at the character creation right now. I was thinking of going Human with the Braver Class, is that alright?

I choose Ship 02 because I heard it was the most populated server, is that still true?

Lastly, if there are any Clans (Companies, Leagues, etc) that I could join, that'll be awesome. I am going to be playing this game for a while so it'll be cool to run with a nice group of players every now and then. My timezone is PST just in case that matters.

Anyways, thanks and most appreciated!

ZerotakerZX
Feb 24, 2017, 03:20 PM
1. Via visiphone most probably. must be bonus items.
2. There is some gifts given via titles and motherboard, but nothing major anymore.
3. Game is really straithfarward, it hard to screw up. But Pugs are fine most of the time, and the game is easygoing, so solo is doable.
4. quite all right, humans are jack of all trades.
5. Most populated among enlish speaking community. Its okay population wise overall.
6. There is 'teams'. Pretty generic stuff, but nice. there is a topic just above with the list of em.

Kojiben
Feb 24, 2017, 04:06 PM
1. Via visiphone most probably. must be bonus items.
2. There is some gifts given via titles and motherboard, but nothing major anymore.
3. Game is really straithfarward, it hard to screw up. But Pugs are fine most of the time, and the game is easygoing, so solo is doable.
4. quite all right, humans are jack of all trades.
5. Most populated among enlish speaking community. Its okay population wise overall.
6. There is 'teams'. Pretty generic stuff, but nice. there is a topic just above with the list of em.

Awesome, thanks a lot. Pretty much cleared up everything I wanted to know.

Just started and doing the tutorial right now. I read you can have a main and sub class so I am thinking Braver/Hunter or maybe Braver/Ranger?

Phantasy Star is so awesome.

Anduril
Feb 24, 2017, 04:16 PM
Awesome, thanks a lot. Pretty much cleared up everything I wanted to know.

Just started and doing the tutorial right now. I read you can have a main and sub class so I am thinking Braver/Hunter or maybe Braver/Ranger?

Phantasy Star is so awesome.
Braver/Hunter is a good all-around choice since it gives boosts to both Katana and Bow usage without needing to focus on weakspots. Braver/Ranger is much more dependent on using weakspots with Bows.