PDA

View Full Version : 3/15 Super Battle Arena [818]: Goodbye Ditchers!

Pages : [1] 2 3

sparab
Feb 27, 2017, 11:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SuWrCLv.jpg

"It is not hotspring."

Tired of auto-run bots in season EQ?
Had enough luckyraise leech in raid?
Can't stand corner camper in TD?
Desperate for new entertainment?
No worry! Come and join our upcoming VR Killing Game Battle Arena, the most popular pass time for EP5 Arks!
Here you can punished the blacklisted and get great prizes for winning (and losing)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Battle Arena Walkthrough in 30 Seconds]

Battle Lobby is a cross shipped area much like challenge lobby. PC/PS4/Vita players from all ships will gather here before start killing each other.
Rank Match is a matchmaking mode where you register and wait until 11 other players to join. Then you will be put into a random union in a random arena to kill each other.
Password Match is a private mode which you cannot earn rank point. Killing games are best to play with close friends!

[Featured Game Mode - Emblem Completion]

Objective is to gather more emblem points than the other union in 5 minutes!
Red and blue emblems spawn near each union's base area. Your union's emblems yield only 1 point but the opponent's yield 5.
Rainbow emblems spawn at choking points but yield 10 points. Before time up, losing union's base area may spawn lots of rainbow emblems to even the score!
Emblem points are stored on individual players. You will lose 10% of your points upon death, and the lost points will be transferred to the killer (if any).

Each union has 6 players. The top 3 point carries in each union are marked on map and can be seen through walls.
Other players are not shown on map and can be excellent for ambushing...
Chat is only visible to your union. There is no way and no need to communicate with opponents.
Players recover 10% max health every few seconds.

[Killing 101: Know Your Tools]

There are a thousand ways to kill an arks, but let us stick with the primate ones.
Each player is given a pickaxe...which is restricted for mining purpose. You can mine a random weapon from a gathering spot. Each weapon will have a random PA.
You will lose your weapon when acquiring a new one or upon death.
Weapons will be upgraded as the game progress for more effective killing!

[Sword]
"Heavy, blunt objects make great murder weapons while in rush."

This melee weapon deals great damage and its normal attack can stun lock your victim to their death! Needless to say, you can guard incoming attacks with a sword.
Sword provides the user 100 extra HP at level 1.
PA: Rising Edge or Nova Strike
Both PA have extended reach and require no charge time and deplete 90%-150% health if you land them!

[Rfile]
"A safe pick for any mission, from support to assassination."

This mid - long range weapon does not provide enough damage for face to face combat. However it is surprisingly good for harassing and finish off wounded stragglers. A veteran sniper can even work miracles without exposing his position!
Most rifle attacks are affected by range penalty. Rifle cannot headshot in arena.
PA: Piercing Shell or One Point
One point does little damage and consume high PP. Piercing shell depletes ~40% health and inflicts injury.

[Rod]
"My deduction has proved the only possibility. Our victim is murdered by magic."

This tech weapon excels at ranged area attack. A group of tech users can vaporize opponents in the open.
Tech has very high chance of inflicting status effect in arena.
Tech: Foie or Zondee or Megid
Foie is a fast projectile that has much larger hit detection than it looks. Megid travels slower, but it tracks your target and explodes on impact. Zondee is a stealth tech that is difficult to avoid and does not expose your position.
All tech depletes ~50% health at level 1.

[The Stage!]

Some say a killing game is not completed with a claustrophobic setting, but we don't give a care.
Ranked matches are held in a random of three arena. Learn your surrounding is the key for victory!

Forest
This small arena have few obstacles. A practice place for amateur players.
Volcano
This arena has high elevation and lower levels will slowly be engulfed with magma at 3/1 minutes. A playing ground for ruthless devils.
Tokyo
This complex arena is a 3 dimensional concrete maze. A deadly trap for cunning survivors.

[Reward...?]

Although some may despise carrot on a stick, but people don't start killing each other without motivation.
In ranked match, you can earn both Rank Points and Battle Coins. Plus a chance for Battle Scratch!
You will gain additional battle coins for:
- Winning
- MVP achievement: include most kill, most damage, most emblem pickup, and least death
- MVP support
- Battle trophy

You can trade battle coins for awesome items including camo, costume, and *12 units.
Trade some Arena Boosters and unlock the hidden potentials on Revolsio and Aura weapons!

Battle scratch awards you super rare goods like grind cap +1!
You can play the scratch no matter win or lose.
Spend your SG to unlock other scratch panels for additional rewards!

SteveCZ
Feb 28, 2017, 12:29 AM
Wooohooo! Time to let ARKS kill each other and let the darkers rule the universe! (Like.. literally skipping some darkers EQs...)

It's going to be a great casual time killer.

Great Pan
Feb 28, 2017, 03:14 AM
Time for some noob hunt.

Vatallus
Feb 28, 2017, 03:39 AM
I'm here for the +1 grinds.

IchijinKali
Feb 28, 2017, 09:18 AM
Battle scratch awards you super rare goods like grind cap +1!
You can play the scratch no matter win or lose.
Spend your SG to unlock other scratch panels for additional rewards!

So in short there is nothing worth going after, for me and maybe others. Also spend SG for additional scratches bwfhahhahaha yeah right rather deal with SG scratch RNG because at least then I can trade in the junk I don't want for badges that will give me the item I want, when I have enough badges. +1s only good for SAF or to get that lvl cap requirement out of the way. The whole hidden pots for Revs and Auras might be nice but I doubt they will beat Gix, Aust, Astra, or even Union they will probably just be upgrades from initial pot like Ray to Union was.

Loveless62
Feb 28, 2017, 12:13 PM
Tired of auto-run bots in season EQ?
Had enough luckyraise leech in raid?
Can't stand corner camper in TD?
Desperate for new entertainment?
No worry! Come and join our upcoming VR Killing Game Battle Arena, the most popular pass time for EP5 Arks!
Here you can punished the blacklisted and get great prizes for winning (and losing)!
So you believe that leeches won't find a way to leech from Battle Arena as well? That seems pretty optimistic.

Alenoir
Feb 28, 2017, 12:59 PM
Points: I remembered them saying the emblem of the opposite color is higher value than the rainbow stuffs, because those requires you to get all the way over to their base to grab. This was during Xmas though, didn't watch PSO2 Stations afterward because lazy/sleep, not sure if it got balanced.

So you believe that leeches won't find a way to leech from Battle Arena as well? That seems pretty optimistic.

That sounds like the prefect way for the other teams to win, since update site indicates that your team get points for killing.

Edit:

Also spend SG for additional scratches bwfhahhahaha yeah right rather deal with SG scratch RNG because at least then I can trade in the junk I don't want for badges that will give me the item I want, when I have enough badges.

Grind limit+1 can be sold on player market.

Edit 2: Scroll down for exchanges. (http://pso2.jp/players/update/20170308/01/)

Altiea
Feb 28, 2017, 01:07 PM
Considering I don't have a single Astra after two months due to bad scheduling, I think I'll grind out Battle Arena on the days I can log in to get those Grind Cap +1s.

IchijinKali
Feb 28, 2017, 02:19 PM
Grind limit+1 can be sold on player market.

Edit 2: Scroll down for exchanges. (http://pso2.jp/players/update/20170308/01/)

I've seen what we can exchange for I still DGAF, because I had seen what was offered before I had even made that post.

(IMO)

Costumes
-Male is just a full body suit that you could compare its design to one of the outfits Huey has worn.
-Female another short skirt outfit that the designer felt the need to cut out sections of the top to show off more skin, because obvious reasons.

Camos
-That seem to be only geared towards covering one weapon.
-Girad set well Edgelords will love those
-What goes over the sword looks cool though big menacing looking axe.
-Battle set if they covered more weapons, too much to ask for a Lauchner/Rifle camo sega, and could change more than just photon color MAYBE.

Grind Cap +1
-I don't need them
-Sellable that is nice.
-Prices might go as low as about 1 mil per considering drop rates and general lack of people needing them and only going after them to market them.

Unless I see titles that give something I care for, like SG, I won't even bother with the Battle Arena. If I want some grind caps I'll just buy them like you said they are sellable.

Totori
Feb 28, 2017, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't say there's a lack of people needing them, seeing as if you had a weapon that's out of rotation you are pretty much screwed over. So it's going to be an item of rather high value, considering how often it appears.

Tymek
Feb 28, 2017, 05:41 PM
Wasn't the Rapid clothing series previously SEA exclusive?

echofaith
Feb 28, 2017, 06:32 PM
I dont see much appeal in the grind cap besides very specific cases(ability factors) since those extra 5 levels add way too little. I am sure most people wouldnt even bother to get a 2nd copy if it wasnt for element grinding anyway. I will probably try those if I my OCD kicks in and I am lazy to EQ more, but not willing to pay too much meseta for them.

And still hoping for the new Pots not to turn into the new meta, or are at least items to unlock them are tradeable. I hate being forced to play pvp content to grind my pve gear S:

Qualia
Feb 28, 2017, 10:04 PM
I dont see much appeal in the grind cap besides very specific cases(ability factors) since those extra 5 levels add way too little. I am sure most people wouldnt even bother to get a 2nd copy if it wasnt for element grinding anyway. I will probably try those if I my OCD kicks in and I am lazy to EQ more, but not willing to pay too much meseta for them.

And still hoping for the new Pots not to turn into the new meta, or are at least items to unlock them are tradeable. I hate being forced to play pvp content to grind my pve gear S:

Considering you need a +35 13* weapon to increase the level cap to 80, I'm sure the demand for the +1 grind caps is going to be pretty high for a while.

pkemr4
Feb 28, 2017, 10:15 PM
i doubt those over limit boosters are going for 1 mil. 10 mil? maybe

loafhero
Feb 28, 2017, 10:57 PM
I hate the Red and Blue team outfits but those weapon camos look amazing.

Considering I don't have a single Astra after two months due to bad scheduling, I think I'll grind out Battle Arena on the days I can log in to get those Grind Cap +1s.

Bad scheduling and it doesn't happen as often as Perennial Apocalypse probably cause the Ray sheets expire earlier than the Astra sheets.

Z-0
Feb 28, 2017, 11:10 PM
They said you get the scratch even if you lose right? (It's where the +1 boosters come from)

$10 most people are just going to AFK in matches.

sonisei
Feb 28, 2017, 11:16 PM
Wasn't the Rapid clothing series previously SEA exclusive?

Yes it was.

Wanna play casual "collect emblem" game with friends for fun. :wacko:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 28, 2017, 11:55 PM
I'm really kicking myself over playing WoW during ult amdusica heyday. I need gix weapons for their factors for the 14* katana I'll never get.

Z-0
Mar 1, 2017, 12:27 AM
Ult Amd was only like a week or two unfortunately, Necky ended up killing it off with its orbit sheets. I managed to get every Gix though, only 5 of them didn't make 60 element which I ended up just throwing meseta at anyway, so thankfully I'm not short on any gear.

Collection Files are cancer in my opinion. I preferred stones.

Ziel
Mar 1, 2017, 09:14 AM
Rank Match is a matchmaking mode where you register and wait until 11 other players to join. Then you will be put into a random union in a random arena to kill each other.
Password Match is a private mode which you cannot earn rank point. Killing games are best to play with close friends!

So you NEED 12/12 to get points/scratches and friend mode gives nothing... i already see a problem in there, no 2v2? 3v3? even with less points?
Lemme guess, the battle ship still keeps the block system so its matchmaking keeps it per block instead of adding the whole ship pool? (correct me if im wrong but i doubt they remade the block system just for this)
Forcing 12/12 screws it if they kept the block system, people will do it for the lulz every now and then on the password matches but the obligatory full mpa for points will screw it once the hype dies down.

Inb4 obscure block for organized trade wins 12/12 mpa for +1 grind-ups farm

sparab
Mar 1, 2017, 11:04 AM
Lemme guess, the battle ship still keeps the block system so its matchmaking keeps it per block instead of adding the whole ship pool? (correct me if im wrong but i doubt they remade the block system just for this)[/SPOILER]

Of course there will be blocks. No one would bother buying premium if sega allow whole ship matching.

[SPOILER-BOX]In test play the block name was "battle arena" though[/SPOILER-BOX]

Z-0
Mar 1, 2017, 10:00 PM
Inb4 obscure block for organized trade wins 12/12 mpa for +1 grind-ups farm
I am personally expecting this to become standard later on actually, even in public games. It will be standard etiquette to just let one team win every game so nobody has to really play.

Almost nobody is excited for Battle Arena, it's going to die very quickly, much faster than Challenge.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 1, 2017, 10:01 PM
I am personally expecting this to become standard later on actually, even in public games. It will be standard etiquette to just let one team win every game so nobody has to really play.

Almost nobody is excited for Battle Arena, it's going to die very quickly, much faster than Challenge.

All the more reasons to farm now.

sparab
Mar 1, 2017, 10:10 PM

(Looking at lv1 arks league)

Waht are you talking about?

Z-0
Mar 1, 2017, 10:19 PM
Don't see what Arks League has to do with it.

This happened in Infinity, nobody really wanted to play Battle so everyone just did win trade.

sparab
Mar 1, 2017, 10:29 PM
Don't see what Arks League has to do with it.

This happened in Infinity, nobody really wanted to play Battle so everyone just did win trade.

Most people get same score at low level leagues. Except few elites just can't accept a tie #1 just to ruin everybody's day.

I doubt trade win is going to happen in pug since you get more score for battle achievements.

Alenoir
Mar 1, 2017, 10:38 PM
I don't see it being really possible too, because it's going to randomly group you into a color. The one where you can pick color is password match, and IIRC that type doesn't give you any item rewards.

Kondibon
Mar 1, 2017, 10:40 PM
I don't see it being really possible too, because it's going to randomly group you into a color. The one where you can pick color is password match, and IIRC that type doesn't give you any item rewards.
It's entirely possible for people to do an "x color always wins" sort of thing, where people just let that color always win. Obviously people out of the loop will mess things up, but if the majority of players understand it would be pretty easy to rig matches like that.

Alenoir
Mar 1, 2017, 10:55 PM
Doesn't seem too fair though, since RNG may decide it hates you and places you on the losing color 5 times in a row. Unless all you care about is spending 20? SG per match for the end scratch though, then yeah winning or losing probably doesn't matter.

sparab
Mar 1, 2017, 10:56 PM
Obviously people out of the loop will mess things up, but if the majority of players understand it would be pretty easy to rig matches like that.

And that is enough to motive people start killing each other! Seek peaceful resolution in killing games always end in vain.

TehCubey
Mar 1, 2017, 11:48 PM
Considering randoms weren't able to reach an optimal solution to the Prisoner's Dilemma in ARKS League (where if everyone in the group ties for first place, everyone gets 100 SGs), I really doubt they'll be able to do anything similar for pvp.

Also ideally, ranked pvp will be available only on shared ship and will randomize groups from all available pvp blocks to ensure most fairness. We'll see how it gets implemented, though...

Alenoir
Mar 2, 2017, 12:00 AM
Also ideally, ranked pvp will be available only on shared ship and will randomize groups from all available pvp blocks to ensure most fairness. We'll see how it gets implemented, though...

It's going to be on shared ship, and will throw everyone that took the quest into any available group it seems.

sparab
Mar 4, 2017, 02:06 PM
Update form arks live:

- Highest rank is legend. A title for most LEETNEET players since you don't seem to lose rank points on losing.
- Rifle cannot headshot players. One point may become total trash receive a typical sega nerf while piercing shell is still piercing shell.
- You won't be able to kill randomly matched with blacklisted players! Think the possibilities!
- AFK in arena is violating sega's play manner and can be reported/banned.

SteveCZ
Mar 4, 2017, 08:34 PM
Update form arks live:
- You won't be able to kill randomly matched with blacklisted players! Think the possibilities!

\o/ Happy Jolly Joy \o/

sparab
Mar 8, 2017, 12:42 AM
Update:

- New class "Battle Warrior"
- Battle Arena Blocks are located in Shared Ship
- Ranked match will match you with random players from ALL arena blocks.
- Enemy players are shown as "Arks1-6" instead of their names.
- You can lose rank points for losing at higher ranks.
- Piercing shell may receive a buff, considering how useless it is.
- Play Fortune Tellers Academy and bet how many players will reach "Legend" rank by 3/15 to win 150SG!

Z-0
Mar 8, 2017, 01:28 AM
No names? That's so lame, where's the fun in that?

Completely lacks any sort of community feeling if you're just fighting Arks 1-6.

Gestriden
Mar 8, 2017, 01:29 AM
Adding onto this something I datamined.

The Rankings reset every month at 6:00am on the 1st day of said month. Once the reset is done the Arks League lady will have a reward for you to pick up. The higher your rank was the better the reward of course

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 02:43 AM
I'm fine with names being hidden. It would make it too easy for people to abuse the blacklist if they knew who was better than them.

TehCubey
Mar 8, 2017, 02:46 AM
Not the first game to have anonymous pvp opponents. The opposing team doesn't have names shown in Guild Wars 2 or FF XIV either.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 02:54 AM
What if people see you in the lobby, and suspect you smell of gaijin? Maybe they'll just BL you on sight. You could be a pariah because of a 2ch conspiracy or something, and never know until you literally can't get in a pvp match at all.

TehCubey
Mar 8, 2017, 02:55 AM
Then they won't have to play with you and you won't have to play with them, everyone wins.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 02:56 AM
Then they won't have to play with you and you won't have to play with them, everyone wins.

But if almost everyone BLs you, then you don't get to play with anyone is what I'm getting at.

TehCubey
Mar 8, 2017, 03:02 AM
Unlike the challenge quest, you get matched up with people from all blocks. So just go to an unpopulated block and nobody will see your ship 2 romanji name then.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 03:18 AM
But how will I lobbyfag when no one is around to see it?! There's no point!

Minor gripe; my fishing and gathering levels went from 20-22 automatically. Free stamina wasted. Profound sadness.

Z-0
Mar 8, 2017, 04:24 AM
I was actually looking forward to Battle Arena, I thought it would be a fun time-waster but it's just turned into "camp the rainbow zone and win", it's not really fun once that happens.

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 05:24 AM
I was actually looking forward to Battle Arena, I thought it would be a fun time-waster but it's just turned into "camp the rainbow zone and win", it's not really fun once that happens.

Clearly, you haven't mastered the art of SNEAK ATTACKS.

By the way, in addition to the previously announced goodies, the Battle Coin Shop also sells 4s and 6s Vrarolets with Sentence Receptor and Phrase Receptor affixed to them.

Saagonsa
Mar 8, 2017, 05:24 AM

Except that leaves you open to being flanked really hard? All of the rainbow zones are put in places with multiple openings from all sides.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 8, 2017, 05:26 AM
By the way, in addition to the previously announced goodies, the Battle Coin Shop also sells 4s and 6s Vrarolets with Sentence Receptor and Phrase Receptor affixed to them.

I saw that but didnt quite. Understand what that meant affix wise.....

Gaylar
Mar 8, 2017, 05:30 AM
Uhh.. is this bugged or just a poor translation?
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/uzsS2/e247eec72e.png
[/spoiler-box]

Don't think this thing has even been around long enough to play 136 games, and I felt like my W/L record was more like 10 to 5, unless that number is how many times I've died (which seems possible, but I've never really died more than 3~4 times per game, if that)

Z-0
Mar 8, 2017, 05:33 AM
The problem is that there's also lack of entrances to the rainbow areas, and the winning team can also see the losing team due to the 1-3 emblems. It's very easy to see what's coming while at the rainbow area, so if a team successfully camps, it's extremely difficult to make a proper comeback.

It doesn't help that the rainbow areas are just not interesting either, for example Tokyo is hardly "technical" when there's only two entrances to the rainbow area (front area or back steps), so it's very easy to cover if you melee at the stairs or ranged the other way.

Edit: It's total wins, total kills (i.e. the amount of people you have defeated) and your Battle Coins. It's just a bad translation since the English patch members would not have seen the context surrounding the text, so the literal translation doesn't make sense in English.

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 05:37 AM
I saw that but didnt quite. Understand what that meant affix wise.....

It's a Receptor for Sentence abilities and Phrase Weak (boosts their Affix rate).

Gaylar
Mar 8, 2017, 05:41 AM
Edit: It's total wins, total kills (i.e. the amount of people you have defeated) and your Battle Coins. It's just a bad translation since the English patch members would not have seen the context surrounding the text, so the literal translation doesn't make sense in English.

Ah okay, thanks. That makes sense, I'm sure it'll get fixed.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 8, 2017, 06:16 AM
No one on my team wants to camp rainbow area :fliptable:

Agastya
Mar 8, 2017, 06:23 AM
how bad's the latency with jp players? i don't wanna ruin their fun.

also, can you do salty 1v1 on password games?

Z-0
Mar 8, 2017, 06:55 AM
https://youtu.be/osaivnsS2B8

Pretty sure the way it works is that if you're hit on someone else's client, you take damage. Not sure though.

Gaylar
Mar 8, 2017, 06:59 AM
Gotta love that client-sided hit detection.

At least it makes it playable to an extent for us I guess.

still I've already had incidents where I didn't even get to see the damage numbers onscreen, I just dropped dead

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 07:15 AM
The Units on sale in the BC Shop are Rear/Shine Blue and Rear/Shine Red. Both come affixed with Ability III, Vinculum, Stamina III, and Spirita III.

Shine Blue specializes in HP and PP. It has innate 3% All Resist, +35 ATK, +15 DEX, 10% Ice Resist, and has a base S-DEF value of 246. When equipped, your character gains a bright blue sparkle effect.
Shine Red specializes in power. It has innate 3% All Resist, +115 ATK,15 DEX, 10% Fire Resist, and has a base S-DEF value of 256. When equipped, your character gains a bright red sparkle effect.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 07:16 AM
I personally love when I run behind a wall and still taking 200+ dmg worth of hits from a Ranger. Anyway... got to b5. still haven't seen a single +1.

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 07:18 AM
Also, if you have nothing better to buy, you can get 10 SG for 200 BC at a rate of 5 purchases per week. Weirdly enough, 5 SG also goes for 200 BC at a rate of 10 purchases per week.

Another notable item you can buy is Affix Rate +40%, which goes for a measly 1,100 BC at a rate of once per week.

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 07:22 AM
I'm already at nearly 5k coins. This grind doesn't really seem that bad.

SteveCZ
Mar 8, 2017, 07:25 AM
https://youtu.be/osaivnsS2B8

Pretty sure the way it works is that if you're hit on someone else's client, you take damage. Not sure though.

That's correct. There's no latency compensating method whatsoever there. I assume your latency is around 200 - 250 ms for such distance?

Saagonsa
Mar 8, 2017, 07:28 AM
The Units on sale in the BC Shop are Rear/Shine Blue and Rear/Shine Red. Both come affixed with Ability III, Vinculum, Stamina III, and Spirita III.

Shine Blue specializes in HP and PP. It has innate 3% All Resist, +35 ATK, +15 DEX, 10% Ice Resist, and has a base S-DEF value of 246. When equipped, your character gains a bright blue sparkle effect.
Shine Red specializes in power. It has innate 3% All Resist, +115 ATK,15 DEX, 10% Fire Resist, and has a base S-DEF value of 256. When equipped, your character gains a bright red sparkle effect.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Vinc/ability3 gives 35atk, 15dex, and 15 sdef, so you have subtract that from those values.

kurokyosuke
Mar 8, 2017, 07:48 AM
Are there any COs (semi-)related to PvP? Like how Jig had that CO where you show him the Edeal unit set and he gave you Miles for it.

Kiboune
Mar 8, 2017, 07:52 AM
Chances of getting new camo from battle scratch are extremly low...

Gaylar
Mar 8, 2017, 08:15 AM
Ended up getting the sword camo from the BC shop, really love the design.

Close to getting B4 now after about 25 or so games, have not seen anything besides CC passes, pickaxes, rods, and coin boosters in scratch. Same for a friend of mine.

I think that's about enough for now, I stayed up too late to play this.
Its not perfect, but I do think its enjoyable. I feel Z-0 is definitely right though, some matches can degrade into camping mid and if your team just isn't up to par (and latency isnt on your side) you'll pretty much never recover. At least this seemed to be the case with VR Volcano and Tokyo, Forest felt a bit more balanced.

I've had a few close games but for the most part it boiled down to one side completely rolling the other, not even emblem fever could help make a comeback. Maybe I just got bad randoms who constantly died, I dunno. Bit disheartening to kill the top 2 players on the enemy team at once only to see the bar not even budge at all.

final_attack
Mar 8, 2017, 08:43 AM
Btw, how to check your current BC in Lobby?

Can it be done? I just want to get for units, then I'm done >_>

Thank you

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 8, 2017, 08:50 AM
It's a Receptor for Sentence abilities and Phrase Weak (boosts their Affix rate).

So basically if you was going to upslot?

Since SAF are 100% anyway correct?

SmolNeko
Mar 8, 2017, 09:14 AM
Is the Battle Arena broken for anyone else? Coming up to 15 minutes as a 12/12 and no games are starting, seeing people in lobby also mention games are not starting...

KabutechRX
Mar 8, 2017, 09:31 AM
I'm fine with names being hidden. It would make it too easy for people to abuse the blacklist if they knew who was better than them.

I was just talking about this with friends the other day, I'm surprised Sega has actually thought of all these ways to prevent people from getting free wins.

Raujinn
Mar 8, 2017, 09:32 AM
I cant seem to get a match started, no. I just get stuck in an infinte loading loop whenever I try to hop into ranked. Poop.

final_attack
Mar 8, 2017, 09:35 AM
Server broken? lol

Z-0
Mar 8, 2017, 09:38 AM
Yep, matching server is dead.

"630 is your fault." - SEGA

I have to admit that BA is kinda fun, but I really wish I could match up with my friends and go after people in a group, would be much more enjoyable. (but then "What about the people playing on their own!?", well, find some friends)

What bothers me the most about BA is the huge lack of community aspect, it's just another farming sim than something you really "play" I think. Not really sure how to explain that.

SmolNeko
Mar 8, 2017, 09:45 AM
What bothers me the most about BA is the huge lack of community aspect, it's just another farming sim than something you really "play" I think. Not really sure how to explain that.

It's a shame that you get nothing from playing with friends, would have been a nice way to promote it otherwise. Too bad the matchmaker doesn't even work right now. Everyone ready for 816's on the 22nd when the system accidentally strikes people for abandoning their 1/12 free explorations?!

Raujinn
Mar 8, 2017, 09:57 AM
I don't know I think I prefer it staying a random brawl. However if they're gonna keep it that way they do need to deal with the rainbow field problem. Not that I have any solutions though I was surprised just how little impact allied and enemy emblems seem to have...

Basically if they cant fix the issue with rainbow emblem camping they have to incentivise some kind of counterplay against teams that just camp the center. If this means reducing the impact rainbow emblems have so be it I guess.

final_attack
Mar 8, 2017, 10:12 AM
Ok ...... it's definitely time to sleep ..... haha

[SPOILER-BOX]現在、共通シップのバトルブロックにおいてエンブレム争奪戦が開始できない現象が発生していることを確認し ており、調査を行っております。

上記現象が発生された場合は、誠に申し訳ございませんが、一度ゲームを終了いただき再度ログインしていただ きますようお願いいたします。

解消までの間、皆様には大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが、復旧まで今しばらくお待ちくださいますよう、お願 い申し上げます。
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Source : http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=10826 (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=10826)

Limbo_lag
Mar 8, 2017, 12:06 PM
Do we know how much HP/PP the blue 12* armor gives yet? Some guy on twitter said 150/5, but that hasnt yet been confirmed

Anduril
Mar 8, 2017, 12:11 PM
I don't know I think I prefer it staying a random brawl. However if they're gonna keep it that way they do need to deal with the rainbow field problem. Not that I have any solutions though I was surprised just how little impact allied and enemy emblems seem to have...

Basically if they cant fix the issue with rainbow emblem camping they have to incentivise some kind of counterplay against teams that just camp the center. If this means reducing the impact rainbow emblems have so be it I guess.

I actually like that the rainbow emblems are a focal point; it's like a psuedo point control battle and makes it quite hectic as you try to hold it.

Tunga
Mar 8, 2017, 02:53 PM
So teamstacking is a no go then?

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 02:54 PM
Control the rainbow emblem spawn or lose the match.

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 03:23 PM
I'm starting to loathe people who constantly farm the Mining spots at the spawn point for better weapons. There are points on the field for that, and teammates need weapons too.

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 03:27 PM
I'm starting to loathe people who constantly farm the Mining spots at the spawn point for better weapons. There are points on the field for that, and teammates need weapons too.

That is what happens when Rising Edge ohkoes everyone that isn't another max HP swordie. A lot of people sit around and farm until they get a sword or one point rifle.

starwind75043
Mar 8, 2017, 03:36 PM
no more loading circle of stuck? pewpew back and working now?

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 03:41 PM
Yeah, it works again. Also -10 points per loss when you reach A.

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 03:42 PM
They need to buff Zonde, Megid and Piercing Shell later on. Zonde takes way too long to charge, Megid doesn't fly fast enough, and Piercing Shell... Well, people try not to use Piercing Shell. Shorten the animation or something.

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 03:49 PM
What confuses me is the staggering. I never stagger people unless I have a sword, but I get staggered by other people using one point or 3x piercing shell combo.

Gaylar
Mar 8, 2017, 03:55 PM
What confuses me is the staggering. I never stagger people unless I have a sword, but I get staggered by other people using one point or 3x piercing shell combo.

Don't forget JAs cause more stagger than non-JA'd attacks, I've picked off rushing sword users who just spam Rising or Nova by JA'ing One Point plenty of times already, and managed to lock down a few people with sword normal JAs.

I sort of wish we had more HP overall, simply because as previously stated, right now it feels like get Rising or One Point and just charge in guns blazing. With more HP people wouldn't be getting oneshot left and right and you'd actually need to group focus people down, and utilizing JAs to keep up staggers would become much more important.

Z-0
Mar 8, 2017, 04:27 PM
I'm fine with people farming at the start, if a teammate wants a good weapon, they can have it because their points are my points too.

I think Megid is fine as it is, the fact that it's slow is what makes it so good, because if you spam 3 Megid it really induces panic in the enemy team (unless you're dumb and make it easy to block with a wall), as chances are they're not going to be dodging all 3 of Megid since they'll land at different times and they won't want to be dodging the whole time. Someone else will pick them off as Megid is flying too, and you might be lucky and splash some extras. Don't forget that that shit homes too, it's much harder to dodge than you think assuming you have an open area.

Piercing Shell is also very useful when everyone is just trying to camp middle. If you don't focus on getting emblems you're a much bigger asset to your team than emblem hoarders, because you can't get tracked on the map/behind walls, so Piercing Shell on a cluster fuck in the middle leaves the enemy team easy to cut down since hitting with a Piercing Shell causes max HP to be reduced to 40%. It's not optimal, but if you have it you might as well utilise it.

Which brings me to my next point: I find I win more consistently if I just ignore emblems and kill people. The problem with collecting emblems is you tend to end up in the 1-3 slots, meaning the enemy team can mark you easily and it's very difficult to approach around corners or walls. For example in Tokyo, I immediately drop to the bottom of the map with Rising Edge and just instagib people who drop. People aren't aware I'm down there until later on, as I don't mark on the map since the emblem collectors do and I'm able to steal points from the enemy team a lot (and stop them going back up to the people collecting emblems).

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 05:07 PM
Just an inquiry, but what's your favorite map so far? I'm a fan of Tokyo so far because of the underground sneak attack shenanigans.

IchijinKali
Mar 8, 2017, 05:14 PM
I've done a few runs one Forest, one Volcano, and like four with Tokyo. I hate Tokyo the most don't know what it is but something about that map just pisses me off everytime I have to deal with it. Forest I like the most but that could've been the fact I was able to stay in the middle for like 2/3rds of the run just getting those easy Rainbow Stars w/o really anyone trying to fight me for that spot. Volcano well it was my first battle arena and I know I died alot and mostly ran around like my head was cutoff, so no comment there.

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 05:22 PM
Tokyo I suppose is the one I like most. It has enough drops where you can abuse rifles and easily kill anyone at a lower elevation than you.

Gaylar
Mar 8, 2017, 05:22 PM
I loathe Volcano, but maybe that's because I try and use swords more often than not. Once the lava rises your flanking options become limited and its VERY easy to see someone trying to flank and pick them off, plus it takes more time.

Tokyo is fun if you can abuse the low ground and cover to stay out of reach, but its easy for people to drop down on you too. Already had a match where I got to single handedly wipe the entire enemy team simply because I was able to drop down and surprise them, and I've had it happen to me a couple of times already too. Due to latency you don't really seem to see the person drop down before they start attacking and by then its usually too late.

Forest is definitely my favorite, and I feel its the most well balanced of the 3, you have plenty of options and the middle area is very open, so control often shifts between both sides a lot.

Anduril
Mar 8, 2017, 05:27 PM
For me, from favorite to least it's Tokyo, Forest, Volcano. I like how the control point is not directly in the middle of Tokyo, so it allows for some creative maneuvering to get to and control it; I hate and love when people pop up from behind and can just take a unprepared team by surprise. I had a run in Tokyo where we were in control of the point and were set to win by a large margin, then just ten seconds before the end, half the enemy team came up from behind with the other half coming from the front and wiped us out, between the point loss for the a full team wipe and gaining the rainbow emblems there, they pulled off a massive turnaround victory; it was awesome and frustrating at the same time.

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 07:58 PM
I don't know if it is time of day, but I've sure had enough of super duper latency ninja. Can't wait until I get done ranking up for achievements.

Or it might be the fact that I have still seen 0 +1s in the scratch. Not sure which is bugging me more.

hoangsea
Mar 8, 2017, 08:54 PM
don't know why but i got 630 everytime i tried to go to battle arena channel or entering a match :(

Alenoir
Mar 8, 2017, 09:20 PM
Just an inquiry, but what's your favorite map so far? I'm a fan of Tokyo so far because of the underground sneak attack shenanigans.

Forest. I have the most success in terrorizing people with Megid in that map.

kurokyosuke
Mar 8, 2017, 11:00 PM
don't know why but i got 630 everytime i tried to go to battle arena channel or entering a match :(

It was announced in-game, but people were having trouble starting PvP runs, so just the Shared Ship is having an emergency maintenance from 12:00 - 15:00 JST (10PM - 1AM EST).
Aaaaand they just announced that Shared Ship is back up as of 12:45 JST.

sparab
Mar 9, 2017, 12:54 AM
Seems like the battle scratch will list all 3 items in those panels. Make sure to spend your SG when grind cap +1 shows up.

Wonder if the display in battle shop is determined by your rank. I cannot seem to find girad camo/rapid costume/shiny units in there.

Altiea
Mar 9, 2017, 12:59 AM
Seems like the battle scratch will list all 3 items in those panels. Make sure to spend your SG when grind cap +1 shows up.

Wonder if the display in battle shop is determined by your rank. I cannot seem to find girad camo/rapid costume/shiny units in there.

I think it's just RNG. I got the Girad Rod camo way back in C Rank within the first two hours of the game opening after maint.

EDIT: Misinterpreted your post. Girad camos are in Battle Scratch; Rapid outfits and Shine Units are in Limited Shop (second option).

Lyrise
Mar 9, 2017, 02:30 AM
Man, levelling past A4 is getting pretty difficult. Normally, from D5-A5 you get 20ARP per win and 5 per loss. Until A4 that is. Then you're losing 10 per loss. I'm hearing that S gets worse, -20ARP if you lose, so you probably have to win about 25 matches straight...

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2017, 03:39 AM
I was stuck at A4 earlier. Kept losing more than I was winning no matter how much effort I put in so I just stopped and took a nap.

Also -20 for a loss when its +20 for a win at S rank? That system is as shitty as the one World of Warships uses in their ranked but WoWS uses it from the very start...

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 03:54 AM
Lol, that's so bad considering it's completely random brawls with 0 organisation. I still personally think they should let you match up with a number of friends, even if it's just duo, because trying to strategise is really difficult in completely random groups as you never know who you're going to get.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2017, 04:03 AM
I have a question while on this topic. Do our ranks actually matter in Battle Arena? Like I am A4 atm with 5 points till A3. Am I being paired with As and Bs or am I still getting paired with people as low a D?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2017, 05:31 AM
What rank do we get real prizes from scratch. Good god ive seen nothing.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2017, 05:55 AM
I didn't see my first camo until A3. I haven't seen a single +1.

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 06:01 AM
Got my first camo in the Cs, I don't think rank matters for the scratch rewards at all (nor does winning or losing, because I got the camo after losing).

Sold that thing for 2.6m.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2017, 06:28 AM
I got the tasteless WL camo around b2 i think. That's the only decent 'prize' i got from scratch.

The damn things are ugly as sin...

Lyrise
Mar 9, 2017, 07:55 AM
I just want to get that Legend title out of the way, then I'll just not care about it afterwards. Given how Legend has a different set of rules it plays by, such as no blacklist restrictions, I'm thinking your rank will no longer drop after that? In any case, ranking only stays with you for the month. Then it gets reset. You do get monthly ranking prizes, whatever that may be.

I still play it just because it's amusing, and there's a whole bunch of stuff I want to buy from the shop.

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 10:12 AM
Ranking isn't reset absolutely. Ingame says that your ranking is only floored, or if it's already floored, you drop to the previous tier.

i.e.

LEGEND goes to S1.

S3 will go to S5.
S5 will go to A1.
A2 will go to A5.
B3 will go to B5.

etc.

Lyrise
Mar 9, 2017, 10:24 AM
That's kinda rough then, unless it locks your ranking into place - imagine losing your first match on a new ranking and seeing your rank drop immediately.

SmolNeko
Mar 9, 2017, 10:32 AM
That's kinda rough then, unless it locks your ranking into place - imagine losing your first match on a new ranking and seeing your rank drop immediately.

Yes that will happen, seeing as the AR will reset.

Gaylar
Mar 9, 2017, 03:53 PM
Starting to feel like guarding actually has a place, I just had a match where myself (nova sword), a foie rod and a piercing shell rifle, flanked around a side while the rest of our team focused on middle

I pretty much just held guard in front of their team. Rod user cleaned up any bleeding targets and ranged, rifle user cleaned up any swords/rifles approaching us, most of whom focused on me and couldn't kill me due to the downtime i'd get between each push to recover hp and some pp, and if they tried to step past me i'd just nova for a quick kill.

(and obviously we didn't just stand there the whole time, we used cover as well to bait and regen a bit)

Needless to say that worked phenomenally well up until the point where the group at mid got wiped out and we had to pull back.

EDIT: you know, this is the first time I think I have ever actually gotten to tank in this game.
I sort of feel happy.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2017, 05:26 PM
Yeah, there is more ways to win then just killing everything. Lately if its Forest or Volcano I've been emblem farming while paying attention to my surroundings. I try to get a rifle so I can pick off targets I come across but my strategy atm is just to farm up points and keep myself in a place where I won't get ganked.

If lucky I'll end the match with 700-800 points. (The points on the bar to the right is actually the points on your person, not your team's points)
You get roughly 10% of their points when you kill them. It scales to be a bit more the more points they have though.

Ziel
Mar 9, 2017, 05:27 PM

A question regarding this it hides your names but does it hide other people´s phasion? cause even if you dont pinpoint the name you could easily identify the loli on huge wings black hair and blue wedding dress/weird af guy with yellow skin and rappy tutu if you come across and block him/she if you really disliked him/her (or kicked your arse badly).

I stand out a lot...

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2017, 05:30 PM
A question regarding this it hides your names but does it hide other people´s phasion? cause even if you dont pinpoint the name you could easily identify the loli on huge wings black hair and blue wedding dress/weird af guy with yellow skin and rappy tutu if you come across and block him/she if you really disliked him/her (or kicked your arse badly).

I stand out a lot...

No, it doesn't hide that stuff. Thankfully I just play my clone character so you'd have to blacklist all the Quna's look a likes to be absolutely sure you got me. I've only blacklisted one guy personally and that was because he was sitting in spawn farming weapons, but this is the important part. He wasn't stopping for people that respawned and needed a weapon. He kept taking all the spots. I don't care if you stay up there and farm for a weapon you are good with... just be nice enough to let people that respawned grab a weapon and go back on their way.

Also people on your team can see your character name and right click on you if they want to blacklist you.

Edit:

Titles give 20SG for trying it.
30SG for reaching C.
50SG for reaching B.
100SG for reaching A.
300SG for reaching S.
500SG for reaching LEGEND.

TehCubey
Mar 9, 2017, 05:45 PM
I assume blacklisting is mostly used to ban bad people who were on your team, not people who were on the other team and too good to deal with. After all there's a chance they will be on your team the next match (happened to me once).

Anyone managed to make the zonde rod work for them? I feel pretty confident in all other weapons but not this one.

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 06:07 PM
So we've been doing passworded and landed upon a happy accident:

If you do passworded but don't specify team, it bunches you all into one unit to match against other units, meaning you'll go as a team against another team. We thought it would sort us randomly (the 12), but we matched before everyone joined and went against another random group, very fun.

Probably gonna be doing this during primetime because the novelty of BA is starting to wear off, but it's still really fun when it's organised and you can do strats.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2017, 06:10 PM
I assume blacklisting is mostly used to ban bad people who were on your team, not people who were on the other team and too good to deal with. After all there's a chance they will be on your team the next match (happened to me once).

Anyone managed to make the zonde rod work for them? I feel pretty confident in all other weapons but not this one.

I can't use that thing either. Most people that kill me with that when it isn't hitting me behind a wall usually fire one charged then one or two quick uncharges while I'm stunned. Granted you'll waste all your PP and be at a huge disadvantage if there was more than one person coming after you.

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 06:45 PM
Zonde is incredibly strong, it's for using cover/walls for a guaranteed hit with chance at shock. What you want to do is charge the entire tech behind some sort of wall and just exit for like a second to get people -- autoaim will do the rest. Either hit them again or, if they get shocked, just leave them alone as they'll end up getting themselves killed eventually.

It's best used in pairs though, just like foie, because it 2 shots and you can really destroy if you sync up with another player (but that's probably not happening in ranked).

Altiea
Mar 9, 2017, 06:53 PM
My idea is that Zonde is basically the PSO2 version of a sniper rifle.

kurokyosuke
Mar 9, 2017, 08:06 PM
Was anyone else in the Battle Lobby when it went down for maintenance? I disconnected while in it, and now I can't log back in.

Nevermind, game finally let me in.

Lyrise
Mar 9, 2017, 08:08 PM
I'm in the same state as well. Lesson learned?

I seem to be able to get in now. Also it probably doesn't matter but in case you can't get in, I logged into es first.

sparab
Mar 9, 2017, 08:08 PM
Another 3 hours maintenance incoming.

I still don't have much luck with foie/megid. Aiming with oversea delay is truely an advanced guessing game.

Lyrise
Mar 9, 2017, 08:10 PM
Attacking in general with overseas delay sucks too. I noticed after yesterday's maint, I had attacks that hit other players clean in the back... only for it to not count, and the other person to be able to completely run away, and in some cases, kill me in the process.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2017, 08:38 PM
Okay, I think I have a full understanding why volcano is cancer to me.

1: Cover distribution is shit.
Open on the outside. A CQC mess on the inside.

2: Only two ways into the middle where the emblems are.
My main beef with volcano. Flanking the whole enemy team in mid doesn't happen. If your group loses mid, you probably won't get it back unless the opposite team are terrible players, or your team coordinates something. If rod-users are paying attention, that can still be a chore. People with megid, and zonde can entirely stop the thousand-mile flank attempts where people have to go the long way around, and out in the open. The match has the tendency to be very-one sided in points because of this.

Mid is effectively a cage match with two difficult doors in and out

I would prefer if the lava in volcano started, and stayed at max level, elevating the 4 platforms to make mid more accessable all game long, instead of just the last 1:20

nguuuquaaa
Mar 9, 2017, 08:46 PM
I just discovered that TPS Megid is more terrifying than locked Megid. It's like a long-ranged short-animation Cosmos Breaker, which is better shot at the ground (to scare people off lol). You could also kill people behind an obstacle.

Tunga
Mar 9, 2017, 10:05 PM
What you want to do is charge the entire tech behind some sort of wall and just exit for like a second to get people -- autoaim will do the rest

This is basically BA in a nutshell, but not just with zonde. They need to do away with auto-aim&win. Also is it possible to block foie and megid. I tried a few times (head on while blocking) and they just go through it. Same result trying to JG (but lol shit ping probs).

Gaylar
Mar 9, 2017, 10:12 PM
This is basically BA in a nutshell, but not just with zonde. They need to do away with auto-aim&win. Also is it possible to block foie and megid. I tried a few times (head on while blocking) and they just go through it. Same result trying to JG (but lol shit ping probs).

Fairly certain JG doesn't work because its a leftover thing from EP1 that hunter weapons don't have innate JG ability like katanas and shit do, you need the actual skill to JG with them, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I honestly haven't seen it work.

Also they do still go through you but as long as the person hit the guard on their screen it should deal reduced damage to you. Unsure if it actually blocks the attack for others behind you.

Fun fact: Guarding any normal attacks from Sword users (step attack as well) seems to cause their weapon to bounce off and forces a stagger, which leaves them very open if you can take advantage of it and is a good way to punish people who rush in with step attack -> rising edge.

oratank
Mar 9, 2017, 10:55 PM
Fun fact: Guarding any normal attacks from Sword users (step attack as well) seems to cause their weapon to bounce off and forces a stagger, which leaves them very open if you can take advantage of it and is a good way to punish people who rush in with step attack -> rising edge.

but our ping said otherwise

Tunga
Mar 9, 2017, 11:07 PM
Fairly certain JG doesn't work because its a leftover thing from EP1

I forgot that was a skill lmao.

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 01:47 AM
I usually just dash through the megid to dodge it... and then get hit by it anyway.

sparab
Mar 10, 2017, 02:07 AM
Megid is beast when the other side uses it, but it is trash when I use.

Zondee rod is by far my favorite choice after sword.

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 02:26 AM
Honestly megid is just really abusive and not in the good way. I can't tell who benefits most from it yet - people with low latency or high latency. I assume high latency because there are a lot of times I dodge a megid. Or I watch their megid run into the wall but a second later hit me anyway. Literally just had that happen in Tokyo. Megid runs into the barricade in front of me and a second later I'm eating a 304 dmg hit at the start of the match.

oratank
Mar 10, 2017, 02:30 AM
Honestly megid is just really abusive and not in the good way. I can't tell who benefits most from it yet - people with low latency or high latency. I assume high latency because there are a lot of times I dodge a megid. Or I watch their megid run into the wall but a second later hit me anyway. Literally just had that happen in Tokyo. Megid runs into the barricade in front of me and a second later I'm eating a 304 dmg hit at the start of the match.

honestly everything is

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 02:36 AM
honestly everything is

true that

SolRiver
Mar 10, 2017, 03:30 AM
My favorite is long distance foie vs zonde battle.

I fire zonde, other fire foie (haha?) at me. Zonde hit them first, Foie fly over and kill me, and they took no dmg from zonde. Absolutely beautiful.

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 03:41 AM
I suppose my favorite is the sword players that appear out of no where even though you literally just looked at that direction a second ago. You know the ones that teleport around because you can't see them actually run?

nguuuquaaa
Mar 10, 2017, 03:46 AM
My favorite moment of the game is sword battle, where I got lifted and the other dude doesn't, even though both lose HP.

Gaylar
Mar 10, 2017, 04:02 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/uCqzM/f42d27c3d3.png
[/spoiler-box]

Got what I wanted.
Done.
Fuck PvP.

edit: im shit at posting

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 06:29 AM
The grind from S5 to S4 is awful.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 10, 2017, 06:42 AM
So, fun wise how do you guys rate BA compared to Challenge?

Challenge is just fucking tedious for me to do just to get the end of the Quest and end up feeling near the end. BA i don't really think much about rewards, just having fun.

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 06:45 AM
I don't mind Battle Arena, but even in the S ranks you get matched with players who seem to do nothing but run straight at the enemy and feed them.

I'll say its fun most of the time though.

NightfallG
Mar 10, 2017, 06:50 AM
Got a triple dunk as my CAST, cosplaying Fenrir from Xenogears while using Nova Strike.

This game's PVP owns

Z-0
Mar 10, 2017, 06:58 AM
Challenge vs Battle really depends what you're after.

I'd say Challenge is much more enjoyable assuming you don't view Challenge as "it sucks if you don't get to the end" and rather as something you play similar to Arcade games like Streets of Rage or Altered Beast. I don't play pugs very often though because I think they're boring, rather play with friends in 4Pish groups doing silly things like using swords only to see if we can clear.

Personally the novelty of Battle has worn off for me now, matching solo 6v6 is getting tiring; I want to play with friends and go pwn some n00bs doing some E L I T E strats but it's not happening. It's really difficult to do random matching as a team too because nobody wants to play passworded since no rewards.

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2017, 07:38 AM

Challenge is just fucking tedious for me to do just to get the end of the Quest and end up feeling near the end. BA i don't really think much about rewards, just having fun.

It's so fun. More than Challenge. I'm also glad that they seem to be aware about the social community issues that is never fixed in moba games.

Atmius
Mar 10, 2017, 08:47 AM
I'm just annoyed somewhat that you can't even message people on your friends list during battle. The fact that they hide the opponents names behind "arks 1-6" and then pair you with them the very next game anyway ultimately seems kind of pointless. Should've been an all or nothing approach.

Zephyrion
Mar 10, 2017, 08:48 AM

Honestly depends on what you expect from the mode

-If it's for rewards, then BA obviously wins : better items in shop, better rewards from battles, faster grind for a fairly enjoyable game mode

- For the fun factor, I honestly prefer Challenge mode : you get actual teamwork, exchange and communication going there, and even while knowing maps inside and out, still get these good feels from the fact you're always susceptible to getting killed for every single mistake. BA is fun and all but doesn't feel like it has as much depth when it comes to teamwork and strategies, since you can't possibly work up something good in 5 minutes with randomly chosen people

Z-0
Mar 10, 2017, 09:03 AM
I personally think all the measures to stop toxicity has ultimately made Battle unfun though. Nobody wants to play it with friends in its current format because you need so many people and you get no rewards if you don't go completely randomly, which gets a bit unfun after a while.

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 01:10 PM
New gimmick seems to be run away and hide if you are winning during the last 30 seconds. I guess it's a thing. This BA is becoming unfun and quickly.

Edit: Game locked up during my last match. Time to see what my punishment is for the game breaking yaaaay.

Edit 2: Rebooted PC, game locks up again in Battle Arena. Seriously, not a single problem with lock ups/DCs since last maint and now it goes to hell again. It's honestly probably the english patch update.

Edit 3: 3rd locked up. Time to remove the patch and see if shit changes. Even though now I've lost 60 points in S5 rank because of this.

Edit 4: Zero problems now.

Altiea
Mar 10, 2017, 01:50 PM
Challenge is fun, but only in short bursts. After that, I start getting sleepy.

Battle Arena is fun as a time waster when you're done with daily chores and need some catharsis.

Z-0
Mar 10, 2017, 04:05 PM
My personal favourite strat is to farm 1K points and then never come down from spawn point when I die.

It's cheap as hell but there's no countermeasures and I play to win Kappa

Xaeris
Mar 10, 2017, 04:10 PM
So, I've done this like twice so far because I adhere to a philosophy of "don't do shit you don't enjoy" when playing MMOs that's served me very well over the years, so I dunno, but if you just set up camp at the spawn ledge, doesn't that just allow the enemy to farm emblems unharrassed for the remaining time?

Z-0
Mar 10, 2017, 04:20 PM
That's why the whole team doesn't do it, only someone who is worth a lot of points that you shouldn't be losing (#1 basically).

If you're at 1,000+ you're better off not risking losing them, since a death makes you lose 10% of your current points.

Xaeris
Mar 10, 2017, 04:21 PM
Oh, that seems like a legit strategy then, I wouldn't sweat it.

Gaylar
Mar 10, 2017, 04:33 PM
Has anyone tried password matches? Is it possible to 1v1 or 2v2 with a friend? Friend of mine is having trouble and I want to help show him what to do.

Altiea
Mar 10, 2017, 04:46 PM
Has anyone tried password matches? Is it possible to 1v1 or 2v2 with a friend? Friend of mine is having trouble and I want to help show him what to do.

You can't 1v1 or 2v2 in this mode. It has to be 6v6 matches.

Z-0
Mar 10, 2017, 04:58 PM
I've done passworded a few times, you either make a 6P team that goes against other random 6P teams (you'll get matched randomly), or you get 12 people and decide what teams everyone is on (you can't do random matchup unfortunately).

There's nothing else you can do, it's unfortunate.

Gaylar
Mar 10, 2017, 05:53 PM
Bummer. Oh well, trial by fire.

Altiea
Mar 10, 2017, 08:03 PM
Today's runs were a good example of how two players with Foie can basically hold near-total control over the entire rainbow zone. Double Foie can't be contested by pretty much anything else except Zonde snipes or sneak attacks.

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2017, 08:28 PM
Until they got wiped out from the side or back. All the maps have position for surprise attack. It's hard to have total control from 1 side unless you got the other players nicely guard the backdoors or not dead while doing so.

Altiea
Mar 10, 2017, 08:43 PM
Until they got wiped out from the side or back. All the maps have position for surprise attack. It's hard to have total control from 1 side unless you got the other players nicely guard the backdoors or not dead while doing so.

Hence the mention of "sneak attacks". You can wallbreak pretty well if your team is busy occupying opposing rainbow guard and you get a Sword and run around back to wipe three or four at once if you're good. Except in Volcano, Volcano has effectively no room to sneak attack due to the chokepoints surrounding the rainbow zone.

Ahri
Mar 10, 2017, 10:19 PM
This is pretty <3

[SPOILER-BOX]https://scontent.felp1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17192383_1461033317280134_9162851548455150885_o.jp g?oh=57d3575ca52c5fb3c1bb0a05c50fdcb4&oe=5968F359[/SPOILER-BOX]

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 11:31 PM
Well that is a legit way to win. Farming to 1k and then staying at spawn. I haven't seen anyone do that though. I usually see the whole team run to the back of the map in the last 20 to 30 seconds and hide there if they are winning.

Though that isn't a great idea either. Been a few times I've managed to run in with a rifle and pick one or two people off to pull enough points to make my team win instead. I suppose there is many ways to win. I just really hate the idea of running to the back of the map and sitting there. I generally just want to play, granted I DO want to win, but I want to have fun too. I don't find it fun playing turtle.

But I have turtled to win. Don't get me wrong. My best was only 850 though. Which is probably still enough to negate 4 out of 5 players on the enemy team. I have sinned in thy lords name for the gain of extra goodies.

milranduil
Mar 10, 2017, 11:49 PM
Well that is a legit way to win. Farming to 1k and then staying at spawn. I haven't seen anyone do that though. I usually see the whole team run to the back of the map in the last 20 to 30 seconds and hide there if they are winning.

Though that isn't a great idea either. Been a few times I've managed to run in with a rifle and pick one or two people off to pull enough points to make my team win instead. I suppose there is many ways to win. I just really hate the idea of running to the back of the map and sitting there. I generally just want to play, granted I DO want to win, but I want to have fun too. I don't find it fun playing turtle.

But I have turtled to win. Don't get me wrong. My best was only 850 though. Which is probably still enough to negate 4 out of 5 players on the enemy team. I have sinned in thy lords name for the gain of extra goodies.

depending on the map you can abuse that fact and go for a quick triple kill with nova strike at the end. better hope they don't have a piercing shell user though (or are blind).

Altiea
Mar 10, 2017, 11:52 PM
I have yet to see any team turtle. I've had so many close matches lately that both teams simply fight to the death.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2017, 11:55 PM
Hence the mention of "sneak attacks". You can wallbreak pretty well if your team is busy occupying opposing rainbow guard and you get a Sword and run around back to wipe three or four at once if you're good. Except in Volcano, Volcano has effectively no room to sneak attack due to the chokepoints surrounding the rainbow zone.

This is why I complained about volcano. The game can be too easily one-sided.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2017, 12:36 AM
I have yet to see any team turtle. I've had so many close matches lately that both teams simply fight to the death.

I don't know which matches you are getting but this morning and right now every other team I fight turtles at the very end.

pkemr4
Mar 11, 2017, 12:47 AM
i usually get top kills and damage but how the hell can i juggle that while gettings points and not dying?

sparab
Mar 11, 2017, 01:00 AM
It seems whenever I score top 3 the match is crushing victory for either side.

And of course, cheaters have already infested arena in first week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOeaAWK7mp4

final_attack
Mar 11, 2017, 01:33 AM
It seems whenever I score top 3 the match is crushing victory for either side.

And of course, cheaters have already infested arena in first week!

That's ...................... so ......... annoying indeed ;w;

oratank
Mar 11, 2017, 01:58 AM
so how exactly to win this mode collect star or kill them all?

Altiea
Mar 11, 2017, 02:23 AM

Both. It's a calculation of overall points held by both teams. You can get points by either collecting Emblems or killing enemies.

Emblems generate new points for you. There are three Emblem types:
Your color gets you 1 Point.
Your opponent's color gets you 5 Points.
Rainbow gets you 10 Points.

Killing enemy players makes them lose 10% of their Points and transfers them to you.

oratank
Mar 11, 2017, 02:38 AM
why they think give a mvp icon over the head is a good idea it make melee mvp become useless

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2017, 02:38 AM

Both.

Altiea
Mar 11, 2017, 02:57 AM
why they think give a mvp icon over the head is a good idea it make melee mvp become useless

It's a "I have the most points, please kill me" marker. It's not supposed to be useful, it's supposed to paint a target on your back because you give a bigger bounty than people who aren't in the top three.

Lyrise
Mar 11, 2017, 04:34 AM
-15 on S for a loss is kinda brutal, especially since I've been going between S5 and S4 all night...

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2017, 08:18 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/TbtHTNR.png
http://i.imgur.com/oQneKPY.png
http://i.imgur.com/mFQQWdB.png

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/avgc0vq.png
http://i.imgur.com/qUBaNjR.png
http://i.imgur.com/NdYJ8j7.png

[/SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]

kemp bush

though I feel dirty for this one
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/KDUvVdl.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Asellus
Mar 11, 2017, 08:37 AM
I don't know if it's already been said but if it hasn't, PvP in PSO2 is broken (not referring to the corrected bug). Because it seems that people are so fucking hungry for legendary rank, they'll ditch either mid-game or sometimes right from the jump if the battle isn't going in their favor. This is just going to create an environment of players dragging down the experience for others. PSO2 is imposing new restrictions to EQ's penalizing players for ditching the party but no such penalty in PvP. If PSO2 doesn't impose penalties for ditching in PvP, other than organized fights, PvP will become irrelevant really fast.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2017, 08:43 AM
I don't see people ditch, but I can tell you the S rank grind is literally when it quit being fun for me. I went from one match till S4 back down to A1. Literally stupid how bad these matches have gotten.

I know its a team based game so I can't blame them. But when on team plays defense and the other team keeps feeding and feeding and feeding. Something is wrong.

SmolNeko
Mar 11, 2017, 09:15 AM
I don't see people ditch, but I can tell you the S rank grind is literally when it quit being fun for me. I went from one match till S4 back down to A1. Literally stupid how bad these matches have gotten.

I know its a team based game so I can't blame them. But when on team plays defense and the other team keeps feeding and feeding and feeding. Something is wrong.

I personally think if the combat had more depth to it than "sword is one shot, you farm for sword yes", the farm wouldn't be nearly as bad because people might opt for playing as a team, not just zerging in with staggered spawns. Also the "ranking" system is garbage tier, it doesn't actually seem to have any depth or matchmaking to it at all, just throws you in with anyone and tallies you up as you go.

I gave up at A1 because it was becoming teadious and not fun to basically have a 50/50 winrate where my sole contribution is never enough to really change the tide of battle against 4 raging Foie that hit me from 20 meters away mid-dodge animation.

Tymek
Mar 11, 2017, 09:16 AM
My favorite part is killing other players

Z-0
Mar 11, 2017, 09:38 AM
You lose ARP as if you lost I'm pretty sure, with no battle coin / scratch gains.

SteveCZ
Mar 11, 2017, 09:44 AM
I like it when there's a player rushes alone like a hero when there's no backup for him/her to go back.

Gaylar
Mar 11, 2017, 09:44 AM
Of the two times I've DC'd in arena, I never lost ARP.

Though those were legitimate disconnects due to power outage, I didn't force close the game or disconnect from my network. If there are penalties for leaving you seem to be exempt from them if you suddenly lose internet connection, at least from D~B ranks.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2017, 09:45 AM
Yeah, you don't lose ARP, I thought you did but I just decided to test it. Sorry about that.

They probably just implemented their striking system already in BA, probably.

Tymek
Mar 11, 2017, 11:25 AM
I like it when there's a player rushes alone like a hero when there's no backup for him/her to go back.

Or when four people corner one person and basically leave the rest of their area exposed and vulnerable.

KabutechRX
Mar 11, 2017, 12:04 PM
https://files.catbox.moe/uy91jh.webm

The only enjoyment I get out of this is playing sneaky sword, but it's majorly dampened by the gaijin ping bs that's very common (dodge not working, getting hit by projectiles that aren't near me and people disappearing/warping in front of me when they weren't there a second ago). I mostly just stick with ranged weapons now.

SteveCZ
Mar 11, 2017, 12:16 PM
https://files.catbox.moe/uy91jh.webm

The only enjoyment I get out of this is playing sneaky sword, but it's majorly dampened by the gaijin ping bs that's very common (dodge not working, getting hit by projectiles that aren't near me and people disappearing/warping in front of me when they weren't there a second ago). I mostly just stick with ranged weapons now.

Lool, such glory. Yeah the ping isn't for gaijin holding a sword head-to-head.

oratank
Mar 11, 2017, 05:30 PM
sneak attack still work with gaijin ping just don't let them see you first

Asellus
Mar 11, 2017, 06:07 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/ChimeraFO/pso20170311_165824_017.jpg (http://s871.photobucket.com/user/ChimeraFO/media/pso20170311_165824_017.jpg.html)[/spoiler-box]

Legend 1st rank, I don't know if I should feel proud considering how broken PvP currently is. But still, heck of a lot of fun, and a decent amount of star gems as a reward.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2017, 06:13 PM
You get any grind cap +1s? If so, more often than before at high rank?

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2017, 06:21 PM
Those don't exist. I won't believe they do until I see proof of a picture of one on a scratch and not in shop.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2017, 06:24 PM
It appeared in a scratch on someone's stream, forget who.

...they didn't spend SG to get it.

sparab
Mar 11, 2017, 06:35 PM
It appeared in a scratch on someone's stream, forget who.

...they didn't spend SG to get it.

More like they spammed enter too much to regret it.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 11, 2017, 11:44 PM
Just wondering but can we even send party invite in pvp ship?

SteveCZ
Mar 11, 2017, 11:58 PM
So.. is it down again or what

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2017, 12:08 AM
It's still up. I'm still struggling to make way into S2

SteveCZ
Mar 12, 2017, 12:11 AM
Yeah finally got it after 2 minutes. People were asking in the lobby. Same here, making my way to S2, currently S3 now. I'm glad it's not -20 pt.

What's the required points to get legend?

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2017, 12:14 AM
I keep going into S2, and dropping back to S3.

SteveCZ
Mar 12, 2017, 12:20 AM
Anyway what's with the players with "dc" phenomena? it's always on these hours. Like, a few seconds after the game started or in the middle of the game (like 2 minutes before it ended).

Z-0
Mar 12, 2017, 12:26 AM
2,000 points for Legend.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/156633544016396289/290324402053054465/unknown.png
rip

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2017, 12:27 AM
People thinking they won't lose points or thinking the run is going bad, and DC to not waste time and also to get a new party. (If you noticed, your party and the opposition lots of times will be people you were just playing with.)

SteveCZ
Mar 12, 2017, 12:47 AM
Wow, like, 2 minutes before the game? Well it's not like everyone though. Just 1 most often, but it wrecks the whole battle when it can be game changing. If they're intentionally doing that, then I wish they got penalty and then put in the same room so they belong together. Aiming Legend in such way should belong in a different room.

I guess it wouldn't be hard to see some of the top 20 doing such method.

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2017, 04:28 AM
I now understand why you may be seeing a 5 on 6 situation. There's a very miniscule chance that the game will lock up and crash right when you are at the gate.

I just had it happen to me. This was when I was one win away from S1. Now I have to do 2 wins, which is pretty stupid difficult in S2 already. (Dammit Sega!... is what I'd like to say. But I don't know if its Sega or Microsoft.)

sparab
Mar 12, 2017, 04:36 AM
People thinking they won't lose points or thinking the run is going bad, and DC to not waste time and also to get a new party. (If you noticed, your party and the opposition lots of times will be people you were just playing with.)

Even playing again with the same 12, you still have a chance to get good teammates instead of garbage ones.

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2017, 04:39 AM
Even playing again with the same 12, you still have a chance to get good teammates instead of garbage ones.

True, though the opposite is more likely to happen wher a majority of your good teammates are now against you.

SteveCZ
Mar 12, 2017, 07:58 AM
Gotta confirm, no more leavers after 19 JST. Geez, finally some real pvp. 160 pts to go until Legend, but then it decided to give me -150 pt. Nice.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2017, 08:22 AM
I finally got past the barrier of S5 after a day. The way some of these matches go is ridiculous. I could win 3 in a row and then lose 5 in a row right after.

And now I literally just got 630ed out of a match even though I wasn't lagging and fighting other people.

Edit: This is one of those classic cases where I actually do wonder what the rest of my team wasn't doing.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/osYlrQH.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

All those points at the end barely even dented their bar.

sparab
Mar 12, 2017, 03:03 PM
Finally climbed my way up to LEGEND ditcher. No need for more 5v6 start, close match emblem fever, and first minute ditcher!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/igoH6Di.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2017, 05:49 PM
Still climbing my way up S1 to Legend. Seems like people here are pretty dumb, and unless I actually say something, a lot of players don't realize all the advantages they can utilize. I wonder if there's a range for matchmaking, since I would expect someone in the A-S ranks to know some of this stuff by now.

Not in Top 3? You're not marked and you can flank them with sneak attacks, or even try to assassinate their rank 1-3 players. Alternatively, if you're pretty low on points, act as a decoy and get the enemies' attention while someone else goes and collects emblems. You may get killed, but your death probably gets offset and thensome by someone else picking up Rainbow Emblems (See VR Forest). If you can see a teammate pulling something like this, please don't squander that opportunity to kill/collect/advance... (I get this every so often where I'd flank the enemy, kill half their team, lead off the other enemies, and then get killed. Meanwhile the rest of my team hasn't taken the opportunity to make the most of the situation to turn the table, and the enemy has fully recovered.)

In Top 3 with a lot of points? Don't just charge in like a peon. Being marked paints a huge bullseye on you, and your death hurts your team's result more than someone with less. No shame in running away if there's 15-20 seconds on the clock too. However, you can use the fact that you're marked to mess around with how people try to approach. Volcano especially if you're on the middle island.

More than half my matches have been great. The rest have not. I can't even get mad if my team loses because they executed properly due to the other side just having a better gameplan/read the situation better, but there are times when I manage to break open the gates... only to have nothing come of it, and all I'm left to do is facepalm for the realization that I think I'm matched with other S rank players but I still need to explain these things to them after the fact. (If this really is the case that is. I'm totally asking this question for the next ARKS Live.)

Sorry, I just had to vent a little. Really annoyed the hell out of me when a random player on my team was whining about the situation during a losing match where we're getting steamrolled, how they want this beatdown to end. The other side wasn't even doing anything special either, they were just steamrolling us because my team seemed incapable of playing smarter, some were even always trying to dig up a sword... when the other team has rifles and rods.

EvilMag
Mar 12, 2017, 05:52 PM
Thats probably the reason why runs are so random. there like no SBMM. would probably be better without it since I can que up with 11 other people very easily. especially once this mode dies down

Asellus
Mar 12, 2017, 06:30 PM
You get any grind cap +1s? If so, more often than before at high rank?

Not. One. Not on RD-RS and not on Legend. I bet the people who are getting those are SG scratching.

PvP needs fixing, I'm certain that the Japanese player base has already spoken up against ditchers and since PSO2 is implementing penalties for PvE they would be smart to do the same in PvP otherwise it's practically D.O.A. With the level cap lift in a few weeks PvP is going to be dead anyway IMO.

sparab
Mar 12, 2017, 07:22 PM
Still climbing my way up S1 to Legend. Seems like people here are pretty dumb, and unless I actually say something, a lot of players don't realize all the advantages they can utilize. I wonder if there's a range for matchmaking, since I would expect someone in the A-S ranks to know some of this stuff by now.

The matchmaking system seems to mix players of different ranks together (someone asked in game). That would explain why 70%+ matches are totally one sided.

As play style, I can't blame #1 for jumping in enemy cluster and get vaporized. Some people play for rank but some are for the thrill.

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2017, 07:32 PM
Well, if that's the case, I feel a bit more relieved - it's not idiocy, it's just lack of experience, probably. I personally don't mind teaching people how things work and things they can do, although that will probably work against me too.

sparab
Mar 12, 2017, 07:41 PM
Well, if that's the case, I feel a bit more relieved - it's not idiocy, it's just lack of experience, probably. I personally don't mind teaching people how things work and things they can do, although that will probably work against me too.

Depend on how much you can carry: either to play with 5 idiot teammates or 6 decent enemies. I wouldn't recommend in match teaching though, many JP have a tendency of blacklisting commanders (other than left/right/behind ya).

Raujinn
Mar 12, 2017, 08:47 PM
Yeh I'm not bothering to rank grind because my ping will have me at a constant disadvantage. It's at its worst when im hit by sword attacks halfway across the map or megid hits me through like 2 walls (because on their screen I haven't moved yet...)...

Annoying cause I kinda like the mode and I wouldn't mind that SG but its just not worth the stress. Like I hate getting the jump on someone, getting the hit effect on them (sometimes more than once) only for me to die out of nowhere and then I see them attacking, with none of my hits registering.

SteveCZ
Mar 12, 2017, 10:00 PM
The matchmaking system seems to mix players of different ranks together (someone asked in game). That would explain why 70%+ matches are totally one sided.

What were their rank and yours? Maybe they pack the same people with the same alphabet? (B ranks, A ranks, S ranks, and S1 + Legend).

Cause I feel like it's starting to get longer to find a room and I started to see the same people as my rank goes up. I once hit from S1 down to (freaking @$!@#) S3 and I started to see different people, and the room is much faster to find (with different people too). Then I got back my way up to between S1-S2 and find myself with another set of teammates I had before when I was in S1 - S2. I only see the one in top 20 when I was at S2 or higher.

Anyway now losing points won't feel so irritating for me anymore.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/55KhMQg.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

At least I farmed enough Battle Coins either way.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2017, 10:28 PM
Not. One. Not on RD-RS and not on Legend. I bet the people who are getting those are SG scratching.

PvP needs fixing, I'm certain that the Japanese player base has already spoken up against ditchers and since PSO2 is implementing penalties for PvE they would be smart to do the same in PvP otherwise it's practically D.O.A. With the level cap lift in a few weeks PvP is going to be dead anyway IMO.

I'm sure you realize that SG only lets you scratch the spaces you didn't pick the first time. Meaning if the +1 was not there as one of the 3 reward mentioned at top then it won't be there when you SG scratch either.

What I am saying is if you saw a +1 there and didn't SG scratch. Woof.

sparab
Mar 12, 2017, 10:41 PM
At least I farmed enough Battle Coins either way.

I don't know the whether the monthly rank reward depends on your current or highest rank. I am going to away from legend match for now.

I've lost 3 girad camo because enter spamming...

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 02:03 AM
Finallymade iot to Legend myself. The downside is that I got lucky in that after many runs of what should be the final battle, the one I actually won ran into a 6v5 situation in our favor, so it kinda cheapened the sense of accomplishment and relief a little bit.

I'll probably keep going with it since I enjoy the arena.

Decided to finish the job with one of my alts, just for a refreshing change. You can see the rather bad (or maybe it was good!) luck with the 6v5 situation. Also, Battle Arena is one of those times where having a wider display also helps too. Not necessary, but still useful nonetheless.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/PSO2BALEGEND.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

And this was done during my time stuck in S1 flipflop hell. Coincidentally, also happened in Volcano.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/quadmvp.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Depend on how much you can carry: either to play with 5 idiot teammates or 6 decent enemies. I wouldn't recommend in match teaching though, many JP have a tendency of blacklisting commanders (other than left/right/behind ya).

Well I don't mean pushing people around with orders, but even suggestions and not so known tricks like running away in volcano if you have 25-25+% lead during the last phase (when you get the warning). Even if they never chase you down, they can't collect enough stars to even come close to beating you. Also enjoyable was having 3 unranked players do a massive rear sneak attack to great effect in Forest.

Great Pan
Mar 13, 2017, 04:19 AM
Backdooring with a Rising Edge sword is so satistfying.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2017, 05:48 AM
Asellus ditches every game he loses so he sees less scratches than everyone else, so not a good sample. I have friends who have reached Legend with no ditching though, and they haven't seen the overboosters in scratch either. (they have like 40~50K+ BC)

Also PvP is supposed to already have the penalties for ditching (the banning), but I think they probably removed them for now since the Shared Ship was unstable.

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 08:21 AM
Finallymade iot to Legend myself. The downside is that I got lucky in that after many runs of what should be the final battle, the one I actually won ran into a 6v5 situation in our favor, so it kinda cheapened the sense of accomplishment and relief a little bit.

I'll probably keep going with it since I enjoy the arena.

If you really just want to enjoy the arena (without the bonuses or whatever), I suggest you try to create a new account. Faster to find a match, you won't meet leavers (or 6v5 kind of match you've had), and they're just as good (well.. somehow). Grats for the Legend btw.

Asellus ditches every game he loses so he sees less scratches than everyone else, so not a good sample. I have friends who have reached Legend with no ditching though, and they haven't seen the overboosters in scratch either. (they have like 40~50K+ BC)

Also PvP is supposed to already have the penalties for ditching (the banning), but I think they probably removed them for now since the Shared Ship was unstable.

Didn't wanna mention names but oh well. They probably won't get all limited items by now (all outfits of both genders and camos).

Vatallus
Mar 13, 2017, 09:53 AM
Ditching must be the new meta for reaching Legend.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/tBxq6XA.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now this is just ridiculous.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/k8OFwBx.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 11:36 AM
I met you Vatallus just now at Volcano btw, when you left the round LOL. You left me and Silica alone. ):

Vatallus
Mar 13, 2017, 11:37 AM
I met you Vatallus just now at Volcano btw, when you left the round LOL. You left me and Silica alone. ):

Lmfao was it the one where it was just 3 people left?

Edit: Oh it was lol

I just want to reach Legend. BA is making me depressed with how many loses I'm getting.

Edit: I have more!
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ZtFg0uo.png
http://i.imgur.com/snTl4FO.png
http://i.imgur.com/4nrwWYa.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 12:03 PM
Lmfao was it the one where it was just 3 people left?

Edit: Oh it was lol

I just want to reach Legend. BA is making me depressed with how many loses I'm getting.

Edit: I have more!
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ZtFg0uo.png
http://i.imgur.com/snTl4FO.png
http://i.imgur.com/4nrwWYa.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

That only little blue is me I think. Was it when you climb up and letting you hit me? Lol. I keep getting a team with 1 person missing. How sad cause I had 3 matches with 5v6 and won even with 5 players.

Vatallus
Mar 13, 2017, 12:13 PM
That only little blue is me I think. Was it when you climb up and letting you hit me? Lol. I keep getting a team with 1 person missing. How sad cause I had 3 matches with 5v6 and won even with 5 players.

I let someone hit me in both of those matches. I really just wanted to see if I could rising edge climb to the enemy teams spawn though. lol

Also more? Something totally going on here.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ldcYckE.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm done posting screens, its literally every match atm.

Edit: New Record

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Itvmcpf.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 12:29 PM
You can't, same as the base. As soon as you get out from there, it's blocked.

Yup, literally 3 matches straight I'm the one alone, probably same match we had. They left just because 1 person was missing. ):

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 12:30 PM
I think more people are finally getting to the point where you suffer larger ARP drops when you lose. Seeing as going from D-A you lost 5-10 ARP. Easy to recover. But with the -15 at S, it's practically 1:1, as in you lose 1, and you have to win 2 just to make progress. As soon as it starts to feel hopeless, people start to leave. But to me, that's part of the charm of Battle Arena - even if it seems hopeless you can still mount a massive comeback and win from overwhelming odds. (I've had the pleasure of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in a 4v6 a few days ago, I've also lost a few 6v5s as well)

I get the feeling that ARP is no longer being subtracted now if you drop. I can't tell right now, and I haven't really bothered to keep myself updated on whether or not ARP drops on disconnect, seeing as they keep changing things with these 3 hour maintenances to the Battle Server.

Vatallus
Mar 13, 2017, 12:35 PM
I think more people are finally getting to the point where you suffer larger ARP drops when you lose. Seeing as going from D-A you lost 5-10 ARP. Easy to recover. But with the -15 at S, it's practically 1:1, as in you lose 1, and you have to win 2 just to make progress. As soon as it starts to feel hopeless, people start to leave. But to me, that's part of the charm of Battle Arena - even if it seems hopeless you can still mount a massive comeback and win from overwhelming odds. (I've had the pleasure of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in a 4v6 a few days ago, I've also lost a few 6v5s as well)

I get the feeling that ARP is no longer being subtracted now if you drop. I can't tell right now, and I haven't really bothered to keep myself updated on whether or not ARP drops on disconnect, seeing as they keep changing things with these 3 hour maintenances to the Battle Server.

It isn't subtracted. I don't blame them for dropping. -15 is crap when its 100% random teams. They shoved 500SG at LEGEND alone, and now people have a reliable way to get there without having to hope they get good teams out of the random system.

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 12:48 PM
-15 is pretty cruel, especially when paired with rank down. I would prefer they either lower that penalty, or make it so that you are at the very least locked into your ranking as you go up. If you lose, you lose, but it shouldn't have to feel like a chore having to redo your ranks if you suffer a major losing streak.

Vatallus
Mar 13, 2017, 12:49 PM
-15 is pretty cruel, especially when paired with rank down. I would prefer they either lower that penalty, or make it so that you are at the very least locked into your ranking as you go up. If you lose, you lose, but it shouldn't have to feel like a chore having to redo your ranks if you suffer a major losing streak.

This is why I am starting to hate BA. I want to reach LEGEND and get the titles done. Then I won't care anymore. I've farmed 25k worth of coins and haven't seen a single +1 overgrind. At least just let me have the title Sega.

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 12:51 PM
I know that feeling very much. On the flip side, I've only come across 1 Overlimit +1, and this is over having earned approximately 80k coins on my way to Legend.

Camos though have been a bit more generous, having come across 5.

Ziel
Mar 13, 2017, 12:59 PM
I personally think if the combat had more depth to it than "sword is one shot, you farm for sword yes", the farm wouldn't be nearly as bad because people might opt for playing as a team, not just zerging in with staggered spawns.

Sums up my experience so far, i already see the stupid imbalance that these random weapons have, you can dodge, shoot and aim all you want with rods and rifles, sword can facetank it and insta gib you and walk away with 1/4 hp left even with "ganjin ping", i killed 5 people in rainbow spot at forest doing exactly this.

All battles have been one sided and "fever" hasnt been useful for catching up.

Still on lowest tier, just played a few hours, dont have the patience to reach the legendary rank and start dealing with this ditcher problem so ill just get what i want (or ragequit midway, pvp gets on my nerves) and be done with it.

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 01:15 PM
Oh trust me Emblem Fever is one reason for me to hate.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 13, 2017, 01:31 PM
Oh boy, cancerous habits are starting to set in the community I see.

As long as grind cap + 1s aren't exclusive to high ranks or something, I may still put up with this.

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 01:52 PM
Lyrise is probably the only one here ever got it once (and did not miss it LOL).

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 02:12 PM
Sums up my experience so far, i already see the stupid imbalance that these random weapons have, you can dodge, shoot and aim all you want with rods and rifles, sword can facetank it and insta gib you and walk away with 1/4 hp left even with "ganjin ping", i killed 5 people in rainbow spot at forest doing exactly this.

All battles have been one sided and "fever" hasnt been useful for catching up.

Still on lowest tier, just played a few hours, dont have the patience to reach the legendary rank and start dealing with this ditcher problem so ill just get what i want (or ragequit midway, pvp gets on my nerves) and be done with it.

Oh trust me Emblem Fever is one reason for me to hate.

As good as sword is, it'll get stuffed by rifle with piercing shell. Even if you block the first shot, it'll still inflict injury status on you. That'll send your HP dropping to 100-150 max. Blocking the next 2 shots will pretty much kill you. since you're still taking 30% of the damage. Getting hit by it will completely stuff any attack you planned on making, and generates enough hitstun for them to pelt you with piercing shells till you die.

Battles may seem onesided at first, but that's because the victory meter above reflects the combined total of everyone's points - In the beginning it's pretty normal to see the gauge completely float to one side, since one side will most likely have wiped the other side's first line out along with stealing their points.

What people haven't realized is that kills steal 10% of the victim's points - so when you are marked, it's best to play with a bit of caution, though if it's your side that's behind, you should definitely be gunning for the heads of the enemies' top 3. Fights are especially onesided when one side understands this concept but the other side does not. If I only have 200 points to my name, I have no issues zerging in and trying to take out as many people as possible since I'd only lose 20 points, compared to someone who has 800, they'd lose 80 points - you dying to misdirect the attention of the enemy is 4x better for your team than letting the guy with 800 points get killed.

As for Emblem Fever, it can be a huge trap depending on how each side approaches it. The losing side might wipe a few of the winning side's players out due to the immediate concentration of firepower if everyone rushes over. If this happens, they're also free to secure the area where rainbow emblems normally appear, and this is when the losing side gets to make their massive comeback, in addition to stealing the winning sides' points (the losers stand to make more out of this than the winning side unless they can completely suppress the losing side without any deaths). So it's actually in the winning side's interest to secure the regular area first, and then maybe send a few people (not all) to deal with the fever if the results aren't hugely onesided when the fever started.

Lyrise is probably the only one here ever got it once (and did not miss it LOL).

I don't rapidfire the results screen since I like to review the results a little. Even moreso when I don't have such a good time with the current set of players I'm fighting with/against.

sparab
Mar 13, 2017, 03:03 PM
The best part of battle arena: your team is getting crushed from the start.
You finally got a sword and turned the score a tiny bit at one minute mark.
Then it's emblem fever for the other team.

That's PSO2, you play the game with luck, not skill.

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 03:39 PM
The best part of battle arena: your team is getting crushed from the start.
You finally got a sword and turned the score a tiny bit at one minute mark.
Then it's emblem fever for the other team.

That's PSO2, you play the game with luck, not skill.

I think you can still work with it to turn it in your favor. Emblem fever only lasts 20 seconds. If you so much as snag a few kills in there while maintaining the usual camp, it could be a pretty easy victory, seeing as there will be some people so focused on trying to collect emblems you could nuke them with foie or megid at an unsuspecting angle. In all 3 areas, the Fever spots are pretty wide open, with forest being open from the behind as well. Emblem fever is a comeback mechanic, but it's also one that can be used against the people who it is supposed to benefit as well, since it does come with the drawback of everyone being cramped into a smaller space with almost no cover where the stars are, but plenty of cover where the attackers would be going from.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2017, 04:37 PM
Emblem Fever is never enough to turn the tide of the battle. Just let the other team collect emblems, do not engage and you will still win, since Emblem Fever only occurs if one side is dominating by a large margin.

The best strategy if you're the winning team is to fire some Foies (farm for it), but do not get yourself killed.

doomdragon83
Mar 13, 2017, 04:58 PM
I gotta say, this is a deeply frustrating experience, as expected. Getting staggered by most attacks, blocking or just guarding seemingly does nothing ,getting hit by stuff around corners, can't dodge even when I'm dodging; once I get enough coins to get what I want, I'll wipe my hands of this mode.

sparab
Mar 13, 2017, 05:47 PM
I am sure fever happened a few times during back and forth matches. Every time that happens half of my team will just rush in and send more scores, and the opposite will send swordmen to backdoor tech snipers.

Unless the fever team is under crushing defeat, they always seem to win the match for my experience.

starwind75043
Mar 13, 2017, 06:03 PM
Farming for the Sg last night. Goood good I just barley made to A5 and i can see why people would be scared about moving up.

Asellus
Mar 13, 2017, 06:16 PM

I didn't make it to Legend by ditching. I ditch at Legend to maintain the rank because I want to see what the ranking reward will be when it tallies. I'll be the first to say that ranking in PvP means nothing because the ranking system is broken. Penalties for ditching doesn't go into effect until 3/22/17 and there are currently no penalties mentioned for PvP only PvE.

I'm sure you realize that SG only lets you scratch the spaces you didn't pick the first time. Meaning if the +1 was not there as one of the 3 reward mentioned at top then it won't be there when you SG scratch either.

I don't know what you're referring too because I was quoting/replying to Maninbluejumpsuit.

IMO PvP is already dead. Between ditchers from the jump, ditchers mid-way, and the battle arena loading incomplete parties, PvP has already become a drag. PSA: get your PvP titles and sg rewards now because players may lose interest in PvP sooner than later.

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 06:56 PM
I didn't make it to Legend by ditching. I ditch at Legend to maintain the rank because I want to see what the ranking reward will be when it tallies. I'll be the first to say that ranking in PvP means nothing because the ranking system is broken. Penalties for ditching doesn't go into effect until 3/22/17 and there are currently no penalties mentioned for PvP only PvE.

You mean you want to be the one to claim being first and the reward that comes with it. The community alone is sufficient enough if you only wanted to find out what the reward was.

Update to post: I can officially say now that I have dropped out of Legend and fought my way back in again three times over. If you ever drop from Legend, you are removed from ranking, end of story.

sparab
Mar 13, 2017, 08:21 PM
You mean you want to be the one to claim being first and the reward that comes with it. The community alone is sufficient enough if you only wanted to find out what the reward was.

Update to post: I can officially say now that I have dropped out of Legend and fought my way back in again three times over. If you ever drop from Legend, you are removed from ranking, end of story.

Thanks for the feedback. One more reason to quit arena for good.

At least for the month.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 13, 2017, 08:37 PM
Just let the other team collect emblems, do not engage and you will still win, since Emblem Fever only occurs if one side is dominating by a large margin

I once had a match where we are losing most of the time. When we climb just a little bit higher than the opposing team, Emblem Fever happened and nothing could stop them anymore.

Lyrise
Mar 13, 2017, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback. One more reason to quit arena for good.

At least for the month.

Yeah, you have to fight your way back in to the rankings. Also, the penalty for a loss is literally -20. exactly 1:1

SteveCZ
Mar 13, 2017, 08:54 PM
Guys if you don't wanna play among the ditchers and just wanna play the arena, create a new account and start over from the lowest rank. You won't meet them at all (not even a missing player at first game). It's the top ranking community that is broken. SEGA really should put the ban in effect asap for the ditchers.

Yeah, you have to fight your way back in to the rankings. Also, the penalty for a loss is literally -20. exactly 1:1

Wait what do you mean by removed from ranking? So you got back to S ranks and still got -20 and not -15? I haven't lost my Legend yet nor reaches top 20 (I'm going back at forth at 2100 ~ 2200) so did I not notice.