PDA

View Full Version : Live Information from Arks Live! (Constantly updated!)

Gestriden
Mar 4, 2017, 07:07 AM
There's a ranking system for PvP, the highest title you can get is "Legends"
Hitting Level 80 will get you 5 class cubes as a reward

-About the new EQ "Ban" system.

They're e talking about how they view people who leave mid quest due to drop they want as annoying and unsociable and believe parties should be more about working together, and if you leave just because one person is weak it kind of defeats the point of them and even if them being there is a nuisance. Leaving a full man MPA becaus of that person is also just as annoying for other players (In terms of the reasons why they are putting the ban in)

There are other things they plan to address in the future but they believe abandoning mid quest to be top priority and is why they responded to it first.

"For the time being, as there's no way to tell when someone has purposefully disconnected a line or it was by bad connection. For now the penalty will be in placed if you 630 from the game. 630 is not a sever problem it's a player having problem communicating with the server."
"We will also be tracking those that are given the penalty, there will be a set time where if it happens rarely, we will view it as a disconnect. However if we see it happening constantly over a set period of time that user will face a ban."

- About Battle Arena
As Battle Arena is random pairing, they are confirming that you you will not be matched upp with anyone on your blacklist, however whe you hit the Legend Rank that lock will no longer be there. The reason for this addition is due to the chance of players blacklisting players who are "Too good" and manipulating the ranking system.

There is punishment for leaving mid match in PvP but they won't reveal what it is.

About Doom Brek
Aura weapons revival will include Doom Break as to give people an easier way to get the affix, they ae considering what to do about Doom Break on Units

Solo PD:
Currently 45% of the 75/75 people have been trying it, on the first day only 29% of those players were able to clear it and only 4% could S rank it. So only 2% of the total player base was able to S Rank Solo PD day 1. As of now 17% of those who participated can S rank it.

In order of clears, Braver has the most clears followed by Summoner and then Bouncer, Techer is last place. Braver is the most played class against solo PD

About the Current issue of players now crowding from block 21 to avoid the "Expert" blocks from 17.
In response to the phenomenon that players are now crowding the lower block, Sega devs do not find his good as it defeats the purpose of the blocks and they are working on a response to it but this may take a while.

They're thinking of ways to make the expert bllock cater firmly to gameplay as to not have people camp. Such as removing access to certain features. (They have tested ideas such as locking out the makeover salon, and the Visiphone)

On Arena Batle
They've determined One Point to be too strong for Battle Arena and are adjusting it's power and PP Consumption.

On OT 13*
"There has been a lot of desires for people to convert OT 13* into NT so all we can say for now, is that it might be better for people to keep their 13* for the time being."

Misc Info:
In terms of L/ P Weak Bullet, it will reliably hit it's target as long as the lock is there.

The 12* Shine Series Units, Red is Attack Rise, Blue is HP and PP Rise. The units are rear.

Leaving Mid PvP will have consequences.

Atomizer Lover Ring will not work with shifteride.

Your subclass exp limit will still be locked to 55, even with the upcoming level 80.

There is a chance to add multiple idle standing poses, but it will take a lot of programming to make it work.

Next Collab is with Fortune Teller Academy HOWEVER, Fortune Teller Academy will be the one getting the collab, PSO2 will not be getting the collab.

New Keyword: 声優界最強サクラエンド (Currently Active)

Ark Slots
You can go straight to Stage 5, and from 5-10 there will be high chance of getting a match

Mesetan Shooter:
The Rainbow ball is more for team points, they will drop from Umblla.

Due to the increase of shortcut words, can now be done with /s (Number)

4 Player party is a 40% Triboost

Raging Waltz Type-0 - PP Consumption is Less
Sakura Endoh Type 0 - Easier to use, but weaker.

R/Flame TS Charge - They do not plan to make rings for the other attributes

The secont potential for Aura / Revoluctio will rival Unions

Users had given the idea of having voting system for the punishment of abandoning EQs but Sega feared the voting system would be abused and thus did not put it in.

They are thinking of adding a "Team Recruitment" Block

Lyrise
Mar 4, 2017, 07:42 AM
Good that they've already recognized the issue with One Point - I've noticed that in previous gameplay footage that it might have been a bit too much, given that it was doing pretty heavy damage, and you could interrupt the PA and dodge incoming attacks, or keep moving while shooting as to pre-emptively keep would-be attackers away from you while you could still hurt and kill them (in fact it was going to be my day 1 strategy, so much for that, but for good reason).

Xaeris
Mar 4, 2017, 07:43 AM
In order of clears, Summoner has the most clears followed by Braver, and then Bouncer.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 4, 2017, 07:58 AM
They really shouldn't put the Solo EQ as a time limit content in the first place IMO. Other than getting badges to get triggers(which is kinda limited time itself, there's just no reliable way to get Union Booster(or whatever it is) other than putting it permanently everytime PD EQ shows up.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 08:00 AM
Well the triggers are permanent, and 2017 badges will be obtainable from seasonal EQs and whatever the current LQ/Level-Up Quest is.

Remz69
Mar 4, 2017, 08:25 AM
i wonder how loose they will be about those bans, this could be worrysome for a couple people i know who DC once every few hours on average, they might just have to never play at 12/12 ever again ... ... ...

Lyrise
Mar 4, 2017, 08:40 AM
Well the tracking only applies to specific EMs. If they're really disconnecting every few hours then they should know when they can or cannot play. Or they can just reset their connection prior. And harass their ISP to look into it (assuming the connection is a good one to begin with)

IchijinKali
Mar 4, 2017, 08:42 AM
A permanent ban if you disconnect, intentional or not, too many times. Well . . . I don't even

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/d6/45a834e681ff295496fa3a182ad82a.gif

AnikaSteinberg
Mar 4, 2017, 08:44 AM
Is this 630 banning confirmed to be applied only to apparent scheduled EQ "ditchers"? How about 630 on a mid-quest trigger? Because if their systems happens to also track regular 630's and go for the auto-ban when they detect "frequent disconnections", then I might really have to find another game entirely.

And how rare is rare and how often is often? I reeaaaally hope that "rare" doesn't mean once every few days or weeks.

*sigh*

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 08:45 AM
It's only tracked in gated EQs that are 12/12.

Madevil
Mar 4, 2017, 08:55 AM
Well the triggers are permanent, and 2017 badges will be obtainable from seasonal EQs and whatever the current LQ/Level-Up Quest is.

but... will the solo PD trigger still be able to exchange by 2017 gold badge after March update? any news on it?

Lyrise
Mar 4, 2017, 09:04 AM
Here's the whole timeshift for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdP8g35tRNc

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 09:17 AM
but... will the solo PD trigger still be able to exchange by 2017 gold badge after March update? any news on it?

Yes, they already confirmed this on the most recent update website like a week or so ago (and also on some stream before that).

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20170308/08/

Madevil
Mar 4, 2017, 09:25 AM
Yes, they already confirmed this on the most recent update website like a week or so ago (and also on some stream before that).
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20170308/08/

oh nice!!! thanks for the info ^^

TehCubey
Mar 4, 2017, 10:23 AM
Sega is being really strict about something that is a non-issue.

morkie
Mar 4, 2017, 11:00 AM
this will be slow us to do collection file if you can't do EQ cause of that

SteveCZ
Mar 4, 2017, 11:05 AM
Sega is being really strict about something that is a non-issue.

I think it is an issue, but the sad thing is they brought it up without somewhat proper solution.

Zorak000
Mar 4, 2017, 11:17 AM
About the Current issue of players now crowding from block 21 to avoid the "Expert" blocks from 17.
In response to the phenomenon that players are now crowding the lower block, Sega devs do not find his good as it defeats the purpose of the blocks and they are working on a response to it but this may take a while.

They're thinking of ways to make the expert bllock cater firmly to gameplay as to not have people camp. Such as removing access to certain features. (They have tested ideas such as locking out the makeover salon, and the Visiphone)SEGA have you not realized yet that the combination of the block system and Emergency Quests is what makes people AFK in the lobby? Removing the visiphone, salon, or other things will only hurt the people not AFKing; and all that will happen is people will just avoid the expert blocks altogether -unless- they are AFKing for an eq

morkie
Mar 4, 2017, 11:34 AM
guys that TMG stance up...

this ring is activated and have a cooldown? or once the stance is activated the ring is activated too?

Vatallus
Mar 4, 2017, 11:47 AM
Who pissed in Sega's cheerios?

TehCubey
Mar 4, 2017, 12:44 PM
SEGA have you not realized yet that the combination of the block system and Emergency Quests is what makes people AFK in the lobby? Removing the visiphone, salon, or other things will only hurt the people not AFKing; and all that will happen is people will just avoid the expert blocks altogether -unless- they are AFKing for an eq

This, so much this.

Sega's people have proved themselves time and time again just how bad they are at figuring out the real reasons why people do something, and also how people will react to changes they (plan to) implement.

It's like PSO2 is run by aliens who have no idea how the human mind works.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2017, 12:55 PM
Well camping is an issue in general, and it's not exclusive to people just AFK'ing. Many, many people also log on, go to the highest block they can and just solo the entire time doing their dailies, Kuroto COs, XQs, story, whatever... to make sure they have a space in the highest block for EQ.

Last night I tried to find some LQ games to join, so I tried like 4 different full blocks, except nobody was even playing the LQ -- people were either doing their chores or AFK'ing. Expert blocks are not used for actually playing the game at all, only getting a spot for the next EQ unfortunately.

They really do need to do something, and the measures proposed would actually help the issue somewhat (less people visiphoning/doing daily chores, so you'd get more people who are actually playing), but obviously not entirely as it doesn't solve the issue of people who log in and don't play at all.

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2017, 01:17 PM
Personally I think the main issue is having a block system at all. But changing that would probably require an overhaul of their entire infrastructure.

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 4, 2017, 01:33 PM
"We will also be tracking those that are given the penalty, there will be a set time where if it happens rarely, we will view it as a disconnect. However if we see it happening constantly over a set period of time that user will face a ban."

FAK, you serious, Sega? Not so much of an issue for me, but I feel bad for others.

"They're thinking of ways to make the expert bllock cater firmly to gameplay as to not have people camp. Such as removing access to certain features. (They have tested ideas such as locking out the makeover salon, and the Visiphone)"

Still gonna camp, though...

"There has been a lot of desires for people to convert OT 13* into NT so all we can say for now, is that it might be better for people to keep their 13* for the time being."

It's nice that they're considering it.... particularly for Austere users.

"In terms of L/ P Weak Bullet, it will reliably hit it's target as long as the lock is there."

If using the ring means it can "automatically" hit a locked-on target with wb no matter where and what, I can see it being pretty useful... for let's say something like trying to wb the Deddolion's head, but you accidentally keep wb-ing his lance arm or his bashing-stun arm instead.

EvilMag
Mar 4, 2017, 02:17 PM
Can they please fire this fucktard Kimura?

Tunga
Mar 4, 2017, 02:40 PM
lets start with the goods

- 4 player parties will add a 40% tri boost (Good for exp and an extra kick to files gain)

Bads

- Raising the lvl cap even more yet lvl 55 sub class exp cap
- Retarded counter measures for the expert block "problem"
- one point is a problem but locking on to players is not???
- Punished for getting 630 during EQ.

Cyber Meteor
Mar 4, 2017, 03:25 PM
Who gave SEGA that shitty game engine that makes it impossible to differenciate leaving on purpose between getting error 630? I mean, they often bring "engine limitations" as an excuse xD, and it's hard to imagine that if SEGA were the one who created that engine they wouldn't be able to tweak it

Shinamori
Mar 4, 2017, 04:22 PM
Who gave SEGA that shitty game engine that makes it impossible to differenciate leaving on purpose between getting error 630? I mean, they often bring "engine limitations" as an excuse xD, and it's hard to imagine that if SEGA were the one who created that engine they wouldn't be able to tweak it
Nothing to stop someone from "accidentally" having a power outage.

Zulastar
Mar 4, 2017, 04:36 PM
Personally I think the main issue is having a block system at all. But changing that would probably require an overhaul of their entire infrastructure.

I wish there was 1 block for lobby and different blocks for MPA zones, changing blocks after getting a quest while leaving dropship for example.

And lose 2-5 minutes for reconnection and place on top expert block. No thanks.

Remz69
Mar 4, 2017, 04:40 PM

the client does display 630 on your screen and such so couldn't you just log erorr codes and and have the server request this log upon connection to determine whether the last 'log out' was a 630 and not apply the penalty if it is ?

Zulastar
Mar 4, 2017, 04:44 PM
the client does display 630 on your screen and such so couldn't you just log erorr codes and and have the server request this log upon connection to determine whether the last 'log out' was a 630 and not apply the penalty if it is ?
I can force 630 by time-out my router for some time... but I don't wanna do it 'cause of place on expert block I camp so hard ^^

Zephyrion
Mar 4, 2017, 07:00 PM
I can force 630 by time-out my router for some time... but I don't wanna do it 'cause of place on expert block I camp so hard ^^

The thing is exactly that though, DC shouldn't be included in all this. Most of the quitters quit to get a better run in the block they're in, and purposefully DCing would make them lose that block. Just slap a "connection cooldown" which is an easy solution that has been applied to tons of other games (I mean every time you DC/leave EQ, quest becomes unavailable for x minutes, and amount increases the more you leave/DC. That way, random 630 isn't so bad unless it repeatedly happens in a short span of time and leavers lose runs and eventually miss a whole EQ if their cooldown becomes too high.

Touka
Mar 4, 2017, 07:25 PM
First the expert block solution which isn't even a solution to begin with now this.Beginning to think they just pick an answer from a mystery box or use bingo to solve these problems at this point.

Zulastar
Mar 4, 2017, 07:41 PM
Just read it more closely on bumped.org... It says if I'll have bad connection during raid EQ I can say goodbye to my account which I spent on 6000+ hours online and 1k+ bucks. Really!? I wish them to die with another tsunami or atomic reactor station explosion.

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2017, 07:48 PM
Just read it more closely on bumped.org... It says if I'll have bad connection during raid EQ I can say goodbye to my account which I spent on 6000+ hours online and 1k+ bucks. Really!?
I REALLY doubt it's a permanent ban.

I wish them to die with another tsunami or atomic reactor station explosion.Why are you always such an ass?

Flaoc
Mar 4, 2017, 07:49 PM
really? gonna wish the harm of all of japan over sega? gg

Zulastar
Mar 4, 2017, 08:02 PM
I REALLY doubt it's a permanent ban.
Why are you always such an ass?

'Cause I hate: idiots, morons, tards, stupid and fats. I met them everywhere in real life and here I'm suffering 'cause of them too. And I wish them all just to die with more terrible death I can imagine. Yes I'm a mizanthrope.

really? gonna wish the harm of all of japan over sega? gg
Local catastrophe will be enough ^^

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2017, 08:10 PM
'Cause I hate: idiots, morons, tards, stupid and fats. I met them everywhere in real life and here I'm suffering 'cause of them too. And I wish them all just to die with more terrible death I can imagine. Yes I'm a mizanthrope.This is like the epitome of a first world problem...

Zulastar
Mar 4, 2017, 08:34 PM
This is like the epitome of a first world problem...
In real life: my boss is a stupid old fag and co-workers are lazy tards with poor discipline... On the streets drivers-assholes and idiopic pedastrians who just block the way. I hate them all.
Here: Sega make idiotic moves towards players and these players are... different kinds of them tought, about 25% of them is good in all aspects.But 75% really weak, slack, die on round floor, or just don't know what they doing. I hate them too.
But we got really offtop here.

I remember old times in World of Warcraft when all raid chat was full of querries "Please kick me!"

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 4, 2017, 08:54 PM
In real life: my boss is a stupid old fag and co-workers are lazy tards with poor discipline... On the streets drivers-assholes and idiopic pedastrians who just block the way. I hate them all.
Here: Sega make idiotic moves towards players and these players are... different kinds of them tought, about 25% of them is good in all aspects.But 75% really weak, slack, die on round floor, or just don't know what they doing. I hate them too.
But we got really offtop here.

I remember old times in World of Warcraft when all raid chat was full of querries "Please kick me!"

Come on, dude. Come on, man. Are you seriously going to wish death on another person? Just 'cause some people are assholes doesn't mean you have to be one too, that makes you just as bad. Aren't you much better than that? Come on...

Mattykins
Mar 4, 2017, 09:50 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/681/Ow_the_edge.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Golgotha
Mar 6, 2017, 08:50 AM
I sure do love me some stench of cooperation and gaming etiquette in the air. Reminds me of why international servers were never a good idea.

Graphical engine is their own, the Hedgehog engine. You're talking about netcode protocol.

Which usually does let you differentiate between timeout disconnect (no response from client in time) and server crash (failing to send response to client in time). By the way, this differentiation is what makes it possible to fight something for half a minute while server takes a shit, then finally get server response, resync with the quest and go on without any sort of disconnection. But whatever.
The current dilemma is identifying your intent to lose connection - as its impossible to tell if you just physically pulled a cable, or had your precious ISP to fail connecting to japan through 33 loops. Which led to another balanced decision - do not block users out of rejoining quest, but supervise such disconnects to see if its possible to establish intent. In worst case japanese players will contact support and start discussing with them about what caused frequent disconnects and possibly relieve the ban if that happens due to, for instance, DoKoMo regularly cutting their cable lines through holiday just for fun.

Connecting outside of Japanese was not guaranteed before ever, so this is kinda less of an issue to natives than, say, 30% gunner ring.

Ziel
Mar 6, 2017, 12:10 PM
Well camping is an issue in general, and it's not exclusive to people just AFK'ing. Many, many people also log on, go to the highest block they can and just solo the entire time doing their dailies, Kuroto COs, XQs, story, whatever... to make sure they have a space in the highest block for EQ.

Last night I tried to find some LQ games to join, so I tried like 4 different full blocks, except nobody was even playing the LQ -- people were either doing their chores or AFK'ing. Expert blocks are not used for actually playing the game at all, only getting a spot for the next EQ unfortunately.

They really do need to do something, and the measures proposed would actually help the issue somewhat (less people visiphoning/doing daily chores, so you'd get more people who are actually playing), but obviously not entirely as it doesn't solve the issue of people who log in and don't play at all.

Im sorry but did you just say that doing dailies, XQ/TA COs, storyboard and "whatever" are "not playing"?

I concurr that AFK camping is not playing and its an abuse of the stupidity that block system is and must be dalt with (ironically the best solution would be to scrap said system and THEY CAN ALLOW CROSS BLOCK MATCHMAKING BECAUSE PVP WILL HAVE IT, NO EXCUSES), but if anyone of us decide to run our dailies while the eq pops so we can re-attain/extend the 50% daily triboost and do so by shooting lv 1 rappies to be done with it, because we cant give two shits about doing it on SH since it makes no difference, thats its actually playing, unless you suggest that expert blocks should only be allowed to XH LQ/ULT/EQ only, whitout visiphones and phasion salons turning them into 100% afk blocks because 2/3 of those game modes are dead.

If people avoid the LQ because its shit/dont care and go do "their chores" that is playing, just not what you want/need them to.

Z-0
Mar 6, 2017, 12:20 PM
Yes, actually, when it comes to the Expert blocks. You'd think that the most popular Expert block would have people playing multiplayer content for people to participate in, not running around doing daily chores.

The current LQ isn't shit and actually really good, but with it being difficult to find a game due to people AFK'ing and "saving spots" on Expert blocks for future EQs, it's hard to find players as people are split across the blocks and no room to go to them since they're full. SEGA should address this and make people doing things like TACOs, dailies, etc. to get off Expert blocks.

I do agree that games should be cross-block, but SEGA are never going to do that as it means premium space isn't an incentive for premium anymore, so they should do something else. It might not solve the people who just literally AFK, but it will make it easier to find a game. (AFK timeout would be cool too on the Expert blocks, like shared ship, but dunno if they'd ever implement that)

Zorak000
Mar 6, 2017, 03:06 PM
official statement on the rework: http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=10697

only applies to "high difficulty or EQs with limited runs"; so mostly just Base Defense and Boss EQs
only the first person leaving will earn a strike.
getting kicked from a party does not count, but the penalty will remain active for that MPA until somebody does abandon/disconnect.

too many strikes will give you a temp or permanent ban
no word on how many strikes that is
no word on how long a strike persists
no word on if any of this will be displayed in-game or if it will remain arbitrary

Zanverse
Mar 6, 2017, 04:21 PM
For the whole AKFing issue in the XH Blocks, they should apply the same booting system that the Challenge/Shared Ship has, where after a certain amount of time, if you aren't active, you get booted from your block and moved to a non-Expert block?

As for the strike system, everyone is truly overreacting. If you have a good connection and know that you aren't one of those people that like to dip from an EQ when things aren't going their way, you shouldn't have your panties in a twist. Clearly it's a large enough issue on the JP side for SEGA to implement this system, and they're the majority/intended audience, not us, so whining and calling SEGA idiots won't change a damn thing. I bet that when this thing comes into play, most of those that are complaining won't be affected. :wacko:

Alenoir
Mar 6, 2017, 04:51 PM
The inactivity booting doesn't really work because you can literally hit autorun then tab out and that will count as some kind of activity.

Shared ship pops up a window that you gotta click, which is harder to accomplish if you're trying to use your computer at the same time, but what's there to stop someone from doing a macro that clicks where the confirm buttons are going to be and go AFK to go to work/school/sleep or something?

KMR said they've tried multiple methods and still can't come up with anything that's effective, which is why they're putting in the quest quitting penalty first.

Great Pan
Mar 6, 2017, 06:53 PM
Speaking of non-expert blocks, that one time i'm late for an EQ, even for a White Day 2017. It took HALF AN HOUR for finishing a round in non-expert block. Not gonna step there ever again.

SteveCZ
Mar 6, 2017, 08:57 PM
Speaking of non-expert blocks, that one time i'm late for an EQ, even for a White Day 2017. It took HALF AN HOUR for finishing a round in non-expert block. Not gonna step there ever again.

Seems like Extra Hard block is indeed Extra Hard. :-D

Zulastar
Mar 6, 2017, 11:20 PM
non-expert block

End-game EQs on blocks other than expert is a perverted masochism ^^

-> You’ll receive 5 Class Cubes for reaching level 80.

For what? I can understand it'll be extra Skill Tree Reset Pass, but these can be only transfered to common ones and spent out...

Masu
Mar 6, 2017, 11:48 PM

For what? I can understand it'll be extra Skill Tree Reset Pass, but these can be only transfered to common ones and spent out...
Saving some time for those alt characters playing that class too?

Golgotha
Mar 7, 2017, 05:01 AM
When you guys make up times for XH block clears, you should not forget that at some point it would be supposedly faster to do alone. So if you propose that it took more than 30 minutes, then maybe you haven't contributed much yourself.

For what?

For reaching level 80.

Kondibon
Mar 7, 2017, 12:07 PM
When you guys make up times for XH block clears, you should not forget that at some point it would be supposedly faster to do alone. So if you propose that it took more than 30 minutes, then maybe you haven't contributed much yourself.That's true for some EQs, but not all of them. That said, you could still probably do a lot of them faster than a full pug mpa with only a single party, or in some cases only 2 people.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 7, 2017, 12:23 PM
For reaching level 80.

He means 'what are the class cubes used for'?
We won't have any extra SP COs to do after we hit 80 afaik.
Other than trading them in for 10 regular cubes that no one really cares about at this point, I can only think of... sending them to alts to do their SP COs I guess...

Zulastar
Mar 7, 2017, 09:41 PM
He means 'what are the class cubes used for'?
We won't have any extra SP COs to do after we hit 80 afaik.
Other than trading them in for 10 regular cubes that no one really cares about at this point, I can only think of... sending them to alts to do their SP COs I guess...

Exactly what I'm trying to say here ^^ My English is hard to understand sometimes 'cause it's not my native...
I have my main and alt character's SP COs fully cleared already, and 2nd alt was made for a campaign. He is only 50/40 and I haven't enough time for him anyway, so this "reward" is comepletly useless for me.