PDA

View Full Version : Battle arena prize discussion

Limbo_lag
Mar 8, 2017, 01:50 PM
There wasn't a thread on this, so I thought I might create one. What are you guys aiming for? What do you all think about the new 12* armors? better/worse than what we have?

I guess a good comparison would be between izane and the blue armor. Both give 150hp but the blue armor is weaker by 20atk and ~30defence in return for 5 extra pp. Worth? I think it just might be. How have you all been going with the BA scratch? Ive managed to get one of those new camos, but they seem really rare, only encountered one so far.

Anyways, open discussion on all prizes BA-related!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 02:03 PM
All I want are grind cap +1s.

And the battle rod camo for the Fo setup I never play.

Atm, the only 12* units I'm vaguely interested in are leg units since there isn't that many must-have left rings for hybrid br/hu.

I was considering picking up the ele grind +2% weekly, but the kick in the teeth is SEGA decides to make them purchasable now that we have collection sheets.

Anduril
Mar 8, 2017, 02:07 PM
Currently, I'm just going for the aesthetic stuff, like the costumes and the LA.
Considering I currently have a 1:5 win to loss ratio, it's going to take me a while to get enough coins even when I get boosters in the scratch.

Vatallus
Mar 8, 2017, 02:28 PM
I haven't bought anything yet. Got a couple of weapon camos so far but I havent seen a single +1 yet.

I'll probably buy the LA and red unit.

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 03:09 PM
All I want are grind cap +1s.

And the battle rod camo for the Fo setup I never play.

Atm, the only 12* units I'm vaguely interested in are leg units since there isn't that many must-have left rings for hybrid br/hu.

I was considering picking up the ele grind +2% weekly, but the kick in the teeth is SEGA decides to make them purchasable now that we have collection sheets.

Wait, that's a Element +2%? Guess I know what I'll be feeding my Austere...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2017, 03:35 PM
Wait, that's a Element +2%? Guess I know what I'll be feeding my Austere...

1 a week from limited prize section.

Rasmolov
Mar 8, 2017, 03:36 PM
So...Is Rear/Shine Red just ridiculously powerful or am I missing something?

Moffen
Mar 8, 2017, 03:49 PM
So...Is Rear/Shine Red just ridiculously powerful or am I missing something?

Its 80 all atk + 80 dex iirc,the only drawback is that it gives zero HP or PP on top of it.
what I wanna know is the PP and HP the blue shine gives ._.

Lyrise
Mar 8, 2017, 04:51 PM
Supposedly its +150HP +5PP.

Poyonche
Mar 8, 2017, 05:03 PM
For the moment I'm only interested in the fashion stuff (those sword and rifle camos, wow, and the outfits aren't bad)

Tymek
Mar 8, 2017, 06:03 PM
Everything. It's good.

You can get SG with Battle Coins, by the way.

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 06:22 PM
I want the outfit. My god, it's good. The Battle Sword camos is also fantastic. There's so much I want, I'm gonna need to beat up more people for Coins...

silo1991
Mar 8, 2017, 06:36 PM
what is the purple crystal on the restricted items ?

IchijinKali
Mar 8, 2017, 07:13 PM
Only care for LA and SG. Can't change color of camos so blegh. No back to female outfits so no. Males are just oddly designed. So basically after I get 8.5k Battle Coins I'm done playing battle arena for the week. Which I'm sure I can get on my day off already have about 1.5 after only about, huh only keeps track of wins, deaths, and BC odd choice to not include kills & losses, 10-12 maps.

final_attack
Mar 8, 2017, 08:10 PM
Just the unit for me (already got them) ..... now I just need Rina's Arm Unit, which the game refused to give it to me before ;w;

TehCubey
Mar 8, 2017, 08:16 PM
The units would be pretty good, but we can basically buy austeres now. Buy rear + arm invade from visiphone, use nero and torana stones to turn them into austere, pick any half-decent leg 12* unit (Union for example) and you have what is easily the best unit set in the game right now. Everything else is redundant.

Altiea
Mar 8, 2017, 08:27 PM
The units would be pretty good, but we can basically buy austeres now. Buy rear + arm invade from visiphone, use nero and torana stones to turn them into austere, pick any half-decent leg 12* unit (Union for example) and you have what is easily the best unit set in the game right now. Everything else is redundant.

So it's between this and 12* Whitill, which is basically Saiki for 12s.

Or, if you want to hyper-spec, Austere Rear/Arm + Whitill Air.

Limbo_lag
Mar 8, 2017, 09:09 PM
Its 80 all atk + 80 dex iirc,the only drawback is that it gives zero HP or PP on top of it.
what I wanna know is the PP and HP the blue shine gives ._.

Yep. Can confirm its 150/5, since I bought it :D

It gives no attack, and has around 30 less defence and 1% less resists than izane rear. I think its worth the additional 5pp though.

Bellion
Mar 8, 2017, 10:30 PM
Austere are not future proof as rings cannot be bound, and as such they are most certainly not the best unit set. Some classes make usage of multiple left rings, and if you play multiple classes that use the same attack stat affixes you most certainly want a full set of 12* such as Izane or Union. Although, it is true that Austere set + Izane or Union are great in terms of pure stats.

Izane or Union are definitely musts for Fighters and Hunters that wish to use Step JA, Step Jump, Hunter Gear Save, and weapon rings. If you have not tried having multiple left rings in usage at once, give it a try before dismissing it. Since Izane does not have any PP, you may affix attack and pp and forgot about any defensive affixes + hp because their base stats and resistances are extremely high. Izane's base is enough to make Limit Breaking safe for a majority of the content especially if you use Fornis Daggers too. Union is a solid all-rounder, so affix whatever you must to make it work for you.

The Whitill set is nothing more than a time-attacking set at this point. If you're going to bother affixing hp on these units, you should find another unit set, really. The set is quite poor in defense that HP added onto it won't be as significant for survival as adding hp to another unit set with higher defensive stats and resistances.

Honestly, the attack unit from the battle arena isn't that great. You're better off going for the hp/pp unit and just affixing attack + whatever to suit your needs. If you want to have higher DEX for whatever reason from the attack unit, go ahead. You'll make a great PSO2 golfer and force enemies to have damage that may range from 100-400 damage dealt against you as opposed to 300-400 damage dealt.

As a note, with 730ish DEX against PD with the Izane set those are where I'm getting my 100-400 damage numbers from. I'm only tracking these numbers from the same type of attack.

pkemr4
Mar 9, 2017, 12:21 AM
if only you could buy ray or izane arms

Altiea
Mar 9, 2017, 12:48 AM
Still getting Whitill anyways. Poor Bouncer needs more PP.

TehCubey
Mar 9, 2017, 01:00 AM
Austere are not future proof as rings cannot be bound, and as such they are most certainly not the best unit set. Some classes make usage of multiple left rings, and if you play multiple classes that use the same attack stat affixes you most certainly want a full set of 12* such as Izane or Union. Although, it is true that Austere set + Izane or Union are great in terms of pure stats.

I'm going to disagree here. Not sure how it's like for other classes, but for Fi/Hu I've yet to see a situation where you really need more than two (equipped + 12* leg) L-rings. Sure, sometimes it's useful or convenient to have, but not as useful as having better stats.

Regarding affixing, I was under impression that you don't really try to go for HP or defense anyway. A good unit set should provide you with adequate protection and frankly I think more than 1200 HP is too much, and even that is a bit high. I am not a top tier player, I die sometimes especially with LB on - but that's because I made a mistake or reacted too slowly, not because I didn't have enough HP.

I agree on Whittil though. I said a good unit should provide you with adequate protection and frankly Whittil is not that. It sacrifices everything else just for a little bit of extra PP, and it's overall not worth it in my opinion.

Xaelouse
Mar 9, 2017, 01:29 AM
I was kinda hoping the blue unit had more PP than that, but at least I don't have to look for izane rear if I wanted a bulky Hp set.

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 04:45 AM
I'm going to disagree here. Not sure how it's like for other classes, but for Fi/Hu I've yet to see a situation where you really need more than two (equipped + 12* leg) L-rings. Sure, sometimes it's useful or convenient to have, but not as useful as having better stats.
But Izane has better stats. The most important thing for FiHu is tanking under LB, which Izane does far better since it has more defense, more HP and more resists. Add onto the fact that you can have 12* rings bound (most importantly, Air Reversal, but also Step JA Combo and Step Jump) and it beats Austere by a literal mile.

I am not a top tier player, I die sometimes especially with LB on - but that's because I made a mistake or reacted too slowly, not because I didn't have enough HP.
No, it's because you don't have enough HP and defenses. Top-tier players do not dodge attacks as FiHu because you don't need to when you have Izane and Fornis, and you're able to forgo Automate, Massive Hunter (edit: Maybe not this, am dumb) AND Iron Will to put all your points into S-Atk, which makes you do far, far more DPS than if you used Austere and dodge.

12* units are far better than Austere right now due to being able to add rings; getting Austere is simply a waste of money because you will need to replace them for rings at some point, where getting 12* units in the first place means you just add the new ring to them. Only T-Atk units right now don't really "need" rings, but even then it's still better to get 12* units incase they do, and Austere isn't really going to make you any better than anyone using a Union set anyway.

Zephyrion
Mar 9, 2017, 06:22 AM
But Izane has better stats. The most important thing for FiHu is tanking under LB, which Izane does far better since it has more defense, more HP and more resists. Add onto the fact that you can have 12* rings bound (most importantly, Air Reversal, but also Step JA Combo and Step Jump) and it beats Austere by a literal mile.

No, it's because you don't have enough HP and defenses. Top-tier players do not dodge attacks as FiHu because you don't need to when you have Izane and Fornis, and you're able to forgo Automate, Massive Hunter (edit: Maybe not this, am dumb) AND Iron Will to put all your points into S-Atk, which makes you do far, far more DPS than if you used Austere and dodge.

12* units are far better than Austere right now due to being able to add rings; getting Austere is simply a waste of money because you will need to replace them for rings at some point, where getting 12* units in the first place means you just add the new ring to them. Only T-Atk units right now don't really "need" rings, but even then it's still better to get 12* units incase they do, and Austere isn't really going to make you any better than anyone using a Union set anyway.

The thing is, though that's if we get many more rings added and that's still not a certainty. In fact now, that all the fields have gathering spots, coupled with the fact they finally rounded customs for every weapon and techs, I suspect that the amount of new rings we get will drastically decrease, or even stop, at least for a while.

Also, Austere being tradeable in the future may be a thing, since in this update, they made *12 from shop not strictly bound to owner anymore. this would solve the main issue with Austere set. So yeah I definitely wouldn't bury Austere yet, or say *12 units are superior since this all ties up to whatever update we get next

I honestly think the best policy if you're wavering about units is buy invade rear + arm and prepare fodders, but don't turn them into Austere yet, and wait to see what is going to happen to rings now. At worst you'll resell invade units at a probably slightly lower price, and still have fodder for whatever *12 you might end up needing

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2017, 06:50 AM
Also, Austere being tradeable in the future may be a thing

It is tradeable right now. They have resale value now.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2017, 06:51 AM

Oh shit I can sell my austere sets and upgrades to 12* units without feeling shame anymore.

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 08:10 AM
but dude can't you read the thread austere is apparently better

TehCubey
Mar 9, 2017, 08:10 AM

Top-tier players such as? Neek has only a little over 1200 HP and he definitely doesn't face-tank.

Holy crap, it's true. And if you're lucky you can get someone's old affixed units for a (somewhat) decent price.

SteveCZ
Mar 9, 2017, 08:13 AM
Note that you can also sell those units from challenge shop.

SmolNeko
Mar 9, 2017, 10:37 AM
Top-tier players such as? Neek has only a little over 1200 HP and he definitely doesn't face-tank.

Neek doesn't need to face tank, he's just absurdly good, better than anyone who posts around here. Basing any decisions of your own on his is not a good idea, he even says this himself.

Altiea
Mar 9, 2017, 10:49 AM
By the way, which weapons are compatible with Arena Booster anyway?

TehCubey
Mar 9, 2017, 11:20 AM
Neek doesn't need to face tank, he's just absurdly good, better than anyone who posts around here. Basing any decisions of your own on his is not a good idea, he even says this himself.

I'd rather look up to extremely good people and hope that maybe one day I will be at least partially as good as them, than to go "welp no use trying, better invest in a low-effort playstyle".

Lyrise
Mar 9, 2017, 11:27 AM
By the way, which weapons are compatible with Arena Booster anyway?

For now, the Revolucio and Aura series weapons.

TheFanaticViper
Mar 9, 2017, 11:47 AM
I'd rather look up to extremely good people and hope that maybe one day I will be at least partially as good as them, than to go "welp no use trying, better invest in a low-effort playstyle".

Don't forget they tried and failed a lot before recording THE try

Z-0
Mar 9, 2017, 12:41 PM
Not exactly true, I don't like playing the "x is better than y" game, but there are people around here just as good as Neek, such as Bellion himself (who, last I checked, is advocating for non-Austere units).

I used to be alright but I haven't played in a long time and Episode 4 is an extremely different meta, although I'm trying to catch up.

Bellion
Mar 9, 2017, 12:52 PM
Low effort that is extremely effective for certain content and better than not face tanking, yes. I'm not saying everywhere.
I don't know if you would consider Ponthi to be top tier as a Fighter, but he certainly uses Izane and Fornis to great effect. Although, many Fighters with great times in certain content get by with Austere + 12* leg unit and Fornis anyway.

Edit: Haha, no I'm not even remotely close to being as good as Neek. I'd consider myself to be merely decent, nothing more. Please retract that statement.

neek
Mar 9, 2017, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure why I'm suddenly being mentioned in here but I don't facetank (Fornis and the like) because I don't enjoy that sort of playstyle, it definitely is better to facetank in a lot of situations but I don't do it because I'm stubborn.

I appreciate the nice comments from everyone but I'd prefer people not base how good I am or not from my videos as they are heavily cherrypicked and take many attempts to do. I will soon be dropping my Austere set for Izane (if I can get the Rear to drop) so I'd definitely not use me as an example for whether having 12* units/lots of HP is worth it or not.

The Shine Blue 12* unit from the PvP is a great choice for anyone who currently doesn't have a 12* Rear unit. It's a decent and unit to pair with the 11* Double set for anyone just starting the game until they know what they're doing so that they can move on to 12* Arm+Leg as well. It really has become a lot easier to get gear now that you can buy most things without needing premium.

Shine Red doesn't feel like it's a good choice because the very small amount of attack gained is not worth losing all the HP or PP that the alternatives have. You'd be able to tank a lot of the attacks in Ult Nab because of the Fire Resist I guess?

Arena Boosters aren't too hard to get so the Revolutio and Aura series are also great for new players for when there isn't a weapon they should be getting in a different Collect File, Aura's potential might confuse some beginners and make them throw as many junk affixes on as possible though.

A guaranteed source of Lambda Grinders (other than weekly COs) that doesn't have a stupid exchange rate is a welcome addition to the game, took them long enough.

Overall, the shop is pretty good for a game mode that isn't serious. It wouldn't make sense to put super strong things in there like Ideal was on release because Battle Arena is meant to be something that anyone can do wherever they are currently at in the main game. Most of the things in there will benefit the bulk of active players.

sesiom000
Mar 9, 2017, 02:29 PM
Is anyone getting severe lag in some matches?
I have a 100gb internet here on portugal and i have a friend on USA and another on China that have the same lag also.
Does anyone also know if the japanese are also getting this lag?

Altiea
Mar 9, 2017, 02:30 PM
Is anyone getting severe lag in some matches?
I have a 100gb internet here on portugal and i have a friend on USA and another on China that have the same lag also.
Does anyone also know if the japanese are also getting this lag?

Arena server's pretty buggy; they had to perform emergency maint on it yesterday to fix some issues.
Also, if you're on non-JP internet, you'll always experience some form of latency.

Morgan Fumi
Mar 9, 2017, 02:41 PM
The Shine Blue 12* unit from the PvP is a great choice for anyone who currently doesn't have a 12* Rear unit. It's a decent and unit to pair with the 11* Double set for anyone just starting the game until they know what they're doing so that they can move on to 12* Arm+Leg as well. It really has become a lot easier to get gear now that you can buy most things without needing premium.
As someone who is currently using pp crafted double units and whatever good rear they can find, I feel like I'm losing a sizeable chunk of PP whenever I try to swap them out for something else. What arms and legs do you tend to have in mind?

Ziel
Mar 9, 2017, 07:42 PM
I currently have kaiser+orbit set (with an orbit weapon ofc) in your expert oppinions should i get this rear and a 12* arm like itsuki´s or whatever you reccomend or should i simply keep the ones i have? I dont plan on switching out the orbit weapón by the way.

Xaeris
Mar 9, 2017, 08:39 PM
Quick Q: where do arena boosters come from? Swiki doesn't have them in the battle scratch listing (though it may be incomplete at this point).

Zephyrion
Mar 9, 2017, 08:57 PM
Quick Q: where do arena boosters come from? Swiki doesn't have them in the battle scratch listing (though it may be incomplete at this point).

it's in normal Battle Arena shop : 250 coins per booster, meaning 3000 coins per pot lv 3 !

Altiea
Mar 9, 2017, 08:58 PM
it's in normal Battle Arena shop : 250 coins per boosters, meaning 3000 coins per pot lv 3 !

That's like, two hours of grinding Arena. Which isn't that bad honestly, considering how most of this game's grind is time-locked content.

TehCubey
Mar 9, 2017, 08:59 PM
I currently have kaiser+orbit set (with an orbit weapon ofc) in your expert oppinions should i get this rear and a 12* arm like itsuki´s or whatever you reccomend or should i simply keep the ones i have? I dont plan on switching out the orbit weapón by the way.

Depends what you want, really. Your setup currently sits on (without affixes) 37 pp, 50 hp, 140 atk. That's a lot of attack but not a lot o f everything else. PvP rear + Itsuki arm + Orbit leg (and weapon) is 12 pp, 350 hp, 75 atk. You get a lot of hp but lose a lot of everything else. It's not that much better defense-wise either.

On the other hand, a simple saiki set is 45 pp, 100 hp, 60 atk (assuming x2 pp craft and x1 hp craft, adjust as you want). Austere x2 + union leg is 39 pp, 215 hp, 85 atk, and very tanky too. Not as tanky as izana units but good luck with those.

Kondibon
Mar 9, 2017, 09:14 PM
On the other hand, a simple saiki set is 45 pp, 100 hp, 60 atk (assuming x2 pp craft and x1 hp craft, adjust as you want). If people are still going to insist Saiki is relevent, then I reserve the right to maintain that Double still is too. :T

TehCubey
Mar 9, 2017, 09:19 PM
If people are still going to insist Saiki is relevent, then I reserve the right to maintain that Double still is too. :T

It's not really relevant. If you try to match it against the 12* + orbit combo given (crafting all three saikis for hp) then it actually is worse number-wise and doesn't provide any extra ring slots.

The number was given for comparison purposes.

neek
Mar 9, 2017, 09:26 PM
As someone who is currently using pp crafted double units and whatever good rear they can find, I feel like I'm losing a sizeable chunk of PP whenever I try to swap them out for something else. What arms and legs do you tend to have in mind?

You're going to lose PP unless you use Whitill x2 which doesn't have good defense or any HP at all. Union has the best overall stat balance right now but you'll still lose 22PP. Izane is great if you don't mind the PP loss but some classes might not need that much HP.

You will have to choose whether you want the extra ring slots or the extra PP, you can try make up for some of the lost PP through affixes but that can get expensive. If you don't feel like you need the ring slots then you should consider 11* sets or keep what you have but who knows what sort of rings that they might add in the future.

Xaeris
Mar 9, 2017, 10:24 PM
Ah, I see them, thanks. I actually saw them when I first looked at the vendor, but I thought those were weaponoid boosters based on the icon and didn't read the actual name.

Masu
Mar 10, 2017, 12:17 AM
I was using this same set for R-atk character and switched for Izane Rear, Ray arm and kept Orbit (but I plan to throw it for something else later). While I lost a good chunck of PP, the additional survavibility/resistance vs Kaiser is priceless and it is very easy to affixe at least 11pp this days. This single unit did a huge change for me (as Ra, Gu and ... Su) when Ultimate ambduscia farming was still a thing. Adding Ray arm + ability III to the formula is cherry on cake. I don't regret my choice at all. Gunner with showtime have already a bunch of PP and Ra have tools for easy PP recovery in emercency case. If you have an Orbit weapon (I guess you have) for PP battery (I still use the launcher as my regular mobbing weapon) then you're safe imho. Just use PP drink and voila.

I wonder why sega have not yet released a counterpart for Gruzoras and Rina units btw...I want to update my units for my s-atk character (using Kaiser/Orbit) too but I can't find a satisfying (for me) combo despite I have a bunch of 12* (full Izane included). It's starting to be a problem because I can't use all the rings I want (step jump and step JA mainly). I hope they will relase a 15pp/40 atk for close combat soon :/

ews1114
Mar 10, 2017, 01:27 AM
I feel like getting 60atk from all three unit's base stats is mandatory so I'd like to ask. If it's okay to abandon some defense for 20 extra satk, by going shine blue I'll be short of 20satk, so deadlist is a good substitute for the missing 20satk, but it has lower defense, so I'm asking if it's fine to abandon 20satk, my plan is to get 100atk per unit, by going Shine Blue/Deadlist or Izane arm/Izane leg

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2017, 04:35 AM
Anyone got a grind cap +1 yet?

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2017, 04:43 AM
Nope.

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2017, 05:21 AM
Nothing yet.

Loveless62
Mar 10, 2017, 11:49 AM
Ugh! There are way too many variables to consider for the current set of units available, and I feel like I really need to nail something down before Dudu week next week. This sucks!

Inb4 Deus units take the place of Austere and become better than all of these choices.

Dualdiamond
Mar 10, 2017, 12:40 PM
Am I understanding this correct for arena booster potential for revolutio weapons?

1% dmg for every 50,000 dmg done (800,000 dmg for max)
1% dmg reduction for every 300 dmg taken (4,800 dmg for max)
1% pp consumption for every 100 pp used (1,600 pp for max)
16% cap for all 3

Lyrise
Mar 10, 2017, 12:44 PM
Basically every time you meet one of those conditions you gain 1%. But chances are you're going to hit the max pretty quickly just by damage/PP usage.