PDA

View Full Version : SEGA's Statement on BA Ditchers

Asellus
Mar 14, 2017, 02:36 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=10851&page=1

Players who ditch will lose ARP the same as if taking a natural loss, this applies to an actual disconnect as well as intentional. Password matches are excluded.

Repeated ditching will result in a temporary or even permanent ban.

Vatallus
Mar 14, 2017, 02:42 AM
Late to the party.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 14, 2017, 02:42 AM
Yep sega just getting lazy now with the not telling the difference between manual log out and manually leaving....

TehCubey
Mar 14, 2017, 03:13 AM
If accidental disconnects weren't punished, then people who quit would just "accidentally" unplug their internet cable instead.

Vatallus
Mar 14, 2017, 03:23 AM
I got throw into a match with a teammate that didn't load and someone who ditched shortly after. So I accidentally crashed PSO2.

oratank
Mar 14, 2017, 03:30 AM
might be the same deal only the first guy got penalty

Vatallus
Mar 14, 2017, 03:40 AM
There is currently nothing in place to punish ditchers. So idk if Sega meant after next maint or if they plan to try to manually check everyone. The only real punishment atm is how long it takes to get a match because no one is playing.

Ryuhou
Mar 14, 2017, 05:13 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=10851&page=1

Players who ditch will lose ARP the same as if taking a natural loss, this applies to an actual disconnect as well as intentional. Password matches are excluded.

Repeated ditching will result in a temporary or even permanent ban.
I.e. doing any 12 player content without enough friends/teammates for a good mpa is unfeasible now. So since SEGA doesn't disclose any details and since Sega caused the number of 630s to skyrocket after some maintenance a while back, you can easily get permabanned if you do 12 player content. Certainly a big risk now.

CONGRATS, SEGA! Your desperate attempts to fix the total mess of a game you created until now have now killed it for real. The result of this in the long run will inevitably a large loss of players because people will either get banned or will be so careful about not getting banned that they can't enjoy the game anymore.

Anyone not running all 12 player content with a team/solo/friends but having to rely randoms will face the problems of either not being able to risk it due to shitty coding and tons of 630s (I had maybe 2-3 a month before that maintenance, now 2-3 a day) and even if they do run eqs they won't be able to quit of the mpa is full of jerks and leechers (which due to this undoubtedly will get even lazier knowing that other people have no choice but to carry them now) and even if lag makes the run impossible (like Magatsu) you are not allowed to quit but MUST finished.
Or afk.
But afking all the time probably gets you reported and banned as well, not to mention all this BS, including afking during eqs makes you lose interest in the game and you don't want to play anymore.

So in the long run a lot of people will lose interest cause of this and it has the opposite effect of what Sega intends. As always, segas idiocy and short sightedness ruins this game even further, despite it having such immense potential.

Z-0
Mar 14, 2017, 05:36 AM
Are you like, a professional angry person or something?

SteveCZ
Mar 14, 2017, 05:40 AM
I'm not even sure he's complaining about battle arena either.

GHNeko
Mar 14, 2017, 06:11 AM

Isnt that what a sizable portion of this forum is basically filled with?

Ryuhou
Mar 14, 2017, 08:17 AM
Not really. I loved PSO2 at first, then I liked it less and less, mainly cause of BS like this and other crappy changes Sega implemented. In the first place I got sick and tired of crappy EQ runs with randoms and I haven't found a good team yet without some members either being leechers or total snobs. Just finding a team of decent people that neither suck nor bitch if you don't get a minimum dps or have 160atk on every gear is really hard.
As a result I'm stuck with crappy EQ runs and the game has little besides 12 player content to offer in the long run, the 4 player content isn't good enough.

I ended up quitting a lot of runs cause of B1 leechers, losing 2 towers in the first wave of TD4 or just getting fed up with lag or just getting sick of the game revolving around nothing but farming more rewards cause real endgame content like in other online rpgs is missing.

And as mentioned I used to have very few 630s before but for a while now some emergency maintenance meant to fix something unrelated (a minor bug in ride quests or whatever) caused me to get several 630s every day I play more than half an hour.

So even if it was bad before, it's infinitely worse now with a real chance I could lose my account if I do 12 player content, i.e. some 80% of the game.
And that includes BA as well as EQs and at this rate UQ and CQ soon as well.

I try hard to enjoy the game and like it at least a bit again, but every time I try it feels like sega is kicking me in the balls and implements another change like this.

Selphea
Mar 14, 2017, 08:21 AM
Can't say I'm happy with Ep4 right now either, but I figure downloading and playing another game is more worth the time than writing on an English forum where Sega can't hear you :p

ews1114
Mar 14, 2017, 08:53 AM
ep4, still a mistake

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 14, 2017, 09:16 AM
I.....I like ep4....

Sega adding those lil ditcher penalties just happens to be a victim of circumstance :P

Cyber Meteor
Mar 14, 2017, 02:48 PM
This countermeasure is actually more logical for Battle Arena than EQs, mostly because of the penalty involved by fighting 5v6, 4v5, 4v6 and so on....., ofc there are the players skills, a team of 5 good player could do better than 6 bad players but here we're in a case of "almost equal" power from weapons, moreover the fact the game starts only when 12 players are here emphasize that the battle isn't gonna be fair otherwise. Also, this battle arena is more like a bonus mode, and very different from the main game, so having it being unfair on top of RNG that is already unfair (and 630s xD) in the main game....... yeah, seems like the less possibility of unfairness, the better, for this mode at least ^^

echofaith
Mar 14, 2017, 03:42 PM
Just hoping they dont release any worthwile pot with these new boosters so I can keep avoiding this mode.

sol_trigger
Mar 16, 2017, 09:33 AM
all you need to do is stop playing this racist narzis witch hunt game

Shinamori
Mar 16, 2017, 10:06 AM
Just hoping they dont release any worthwile pot with these new boosters so I can keep avoiding this mode.

You know they are.