PDA

View Full Version : What is this I hear about no SP from lvl 80???

Ryuhou
Mar 14, 2017, 05:15 AM
I heard lvling from 75 to 80 doesn't get you the expected 5 Sp but only a handful of stat points. Is that real? WTF is even the point on making such a huge effort (compared to just getting exp normally) in the first place? Why even bother?

Kondibon
Mar 14, 2017, 05:17 AM
WTF is even the point on making such a huge effort (compared to just getting exp normally) in the first place? Why even bother?So they can add another requirement for quests and expert blocks later. Are people seriously not getting it?

Z-0
Mar 14, 2017, 05:22 AM
You do get 5 SP, just no new skills.

Not even sure how this rumour started, I've heard it too.

Ryuhou
Mar 14, 2017, 05:26 AM
No, I REALLY don't get it. Sega is constantly adding so much BS that makes the game worse. They have a completely fictional fear of people somehow playing the game less and thus somehow making them less profit the moment the game becomes convenient for them, so time and again they go against all common sense and screw us over hard, making us like the game less and less.

And never do they learn their lesson and realize people quitting is cause of bs like this but always they imagine it's something else and think everything will be fixed with a new scratch, new eq or new weapons / units.

I cannot even imagine the reasoning behind suddenly not only making us work far harder for the new lvl ups (getting a +35 weapon really is a drag if you used other stuff before like austere or old Orbit) but then also removing almost the entire motivation for us to do it.
Sega somehow imagines that as long as you dangle a carrot in front of the horse it will always run at full speed and cannot comprehend that if the carrot is tiny and there is a large hill, the horse won't actually give a damn.

I was actually getting back into this game after a hiatus of almost half a year.
But with this fucking bs I won't be able to enjoy the game (especially now that all 12 player content is unplayable) and will have to wait again half a year or more until sega maybe fixed this bs.
And if not I guess that's it.
FUCK YOU SEGA!

Z-0
Mar 14, 2017, 05:34 AM
You're really angry over a rumour that isn't even true.

Furthermore, PSO2 isn't getting less popular at all, more the opposite.e

Kondibon
Mar 14, 2017, 05:34 AM
making us like the game less and less.Speak for yourself. :/

Kintama
Mar 14, 2017, 05:35 AM
Why are you caring about lvl 80 and stats when they aren't adding any new content to complement them anyway? As long as we're stuck with the same old shit i don't see a relevant point in upgrading at all

GHNeko
Mar 14, 2017, 06:13 AM
You're really angry over a rumour that isn't even true.

Furthermore, PSO2 isn't getting less popular at all, more the opposite.e

As if people who talk about how PSO2 is getting less popular/traffic without any substantial backing are reasonable enough to listen to anyone saying the opposite.

Z-0
Mar 14, 2017, 06:41 AM
It's not hard to prove actually.

Here is the 21,448th thread of PSO2 general on 2ch:

http://puu.sh/uIkSO/0c549d71da.png

Now here is the 21,449th thread of PSO2 general on 2ch:

http://puu.sh/uIkVs/43d3ba6209.png

It takes merely an hour to fill a full thread (1,000 posts) about PSO2, and this isn't including all the other numerous threads about specific things (even something not very popular like BA is on its 3rd thread, there isn't even a specific BA thread on here).

PSO2 is a weird little birdie, where ingame is very obviously... not so active, but the community surrounding PSO2 is absolutely massive. Things like the Arks Cafe and Festas are huge successes, and we're still at 10 ships with full blocks with no reason to condense after 4 and a half years (almost 5!), so PSO2 is very, very far from becoming less popular/dying. All SEGA wants is for PSO2 to be talked about and played every so often by people, they don't care about it being played 24/7 because that doesn't make them money. Their setup for PSO2 is working perfectly from a business standpoint, and that's all they want.

Furthermore PSO2 Twitter is very, very active, with people sharing everything from their favourite waifu getups, their elite meta strats, their video accomplishments, their thoughts for different class combos, you name it, it's on there. There's also constantly meetups around the game during Japanese time (go to Shared during peak and you'll find them), so people are obviously still very active and very hype about PSO2.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 14, 2017, 06:54 AM
This could of been asked in the Quick Question thread =/

IchijinKali
Mar 14, 2017, 07:33 AM
The earliest I've found of this stupid rumor's origin would have to be on bumped I believe. Sega said no new skills and some frickin idiot thought they meant no SP for going from 75 to 80. That, I believe, is where it originated but where did this guy hear it who the hell knows. This is about the 18th time on psoworld alone that I've seen someone make a thread or post about this stupid rumor.

Ryuhou
Mar 14, 2017, 08:03 AM
Well, I wasn't gonna believe any random rumor our I heard. Bumped didn't have the info and so I asked here.
First post actually mocked me as if I was stupid for believing lvl 80 could possibly give us the expected SP and if I should know by now SEGA always does BS like this.

And in fact they do which is why I get sick and tired of it. I used to have 40+ people in my friend list that were active nearly every day and I myself used to play several hours every day.
By now a handful of them are still active frequently (well, just before I started my hiatus), half are logging in once every few weeks and the rest stopped playing entirely.

When talking to people ingame I often hear this same kind of stuff.
PSO2 is amazing at first but sooner or later you get fed up with the BS. Just having a large amount of accounts that are rarely used doesn't do anything for sega. What they want is very active players with lots of incentives to buy AC and they certainly don't get those this way.

People that play a lot have many reasons to buy AC, but very few people spend money on a game they don't like that much or they don't play all that often.
At this point Sega seems to have mostly stopped caring about most of the players and mainly focus on getting new players that spend at least some money before they get tired of the game as well as the niche group of people that buys AC like mad no matter what because they are probably the main source of PSO2's profit.
As someone that spent a lot of money on the game when I really liked it but over years has seen Sega implement change after change that made me enjoy the game less and less so that I lost all reason to spend money on it and now have a hard time enjoying a game that was for a while my favorite game ever, I can't help but get pissed every time Sega does BS like eq quitter banning with so little concrete info that it's no wonder we imagine the worst case scenario.

Anyway, thanks even if it was in such a roundabout way. Getting the expected 5SP from lvl 80 is enough motivation for me to lvl up, even if we don't get new and harder content.

SteveCZ
Mar 14, 2017, 08:24 AM
Isn't it only 8 days to prove this?

Loveless62
Mar 14, 2017, 08:34 AM
According to Bumped, skill reset passes will be distributed when the level 80 cap goes live. There would be no need for skill reset passes if no new skill points come with the new levels, because there would be literally no change to skill trees at all without the extra points. So, I don't give much credibility to this rumor.

I would welcome the generous gift of skill reset passes given for no real reason, but I don't see it happening.

FantasyHeaven
Mar 14, 2017, 08:52 AM
This could of been asked in the Quick Question thread =/
It could of but should it of? Might of be it shouldn't of

Raujinn
Mar 14, 2017, 08:53 AM
You seem to be confused. The rumour is that no new SkillPoints are coming, which is false. That no new skills are coming was officially stated.

The resets if they are happening (I've not seen the news on it myself) seems reasonable as 5 extra SP could change the potential builds people could run with.

vvv: Thanks.

Nyansan
Mar 14, 2017, 09:32 AM
Skill reset passes are confirmed with the 80 cap
Source: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20170308/02/
http://puu.sh/uIvlx/d1cacc5775.jpg

Vatallus
Mar 14, 2017, 11:05 AM
When it was first announced Bump did indeed say that lv 80 would give no SP.

WBMike
Mar 14, 2017, 11:12 AM
When it was first announced Bump did indeed say that lv 80 would give no SP.

No we did not. That came from someone in the comments section. Someone was taking about Sega not adding any skills, which led to someone else thinking it meant no new skill points.

Now we have a source from the comment section.

Echidna On Jan 10: It was confirmed that there will be no new class skills, just 5 sp more, so this quest requirement is probably the main incentive to level up.

THK on Jan 29: And again, the 80 cap ain’t that serious. It’s be previously mentioned there won’t be additional SP for it, so it really doesn’t matter UNTIL there’s content that requires 80 cap and I doubt that’ll be for a while.

Xaelouse
Mar 14, 2017, 11:30 AM
We're getting SP; we're just not getting skills. They may be saving new skills for the new episode if there is one.

This rumor and the "Mother goes away next week!" one popped out of nowhere and are just plain silly

D-Inferno
Mar 14, 2017, 11:51 AM
I kind of hope we get one more SP order after hitting Lv80; 94 total SP just feels uneven compared to 95.

Cyber Meteor
Mar 14, 2017, 02:31 PM
We've been with 89SP since like November 2014 (Nab UQ), and that number is uneven too, compared to 90 :p.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 14, 2017, 02:44 PM
My thing is....how does level increase automatically equate to no SP being added?
We've never not receive 1 SP per level since day one so why would that change now unless Sega flat out said it>

I can understand not seeing another +5 SP Quest. but SP per level? seems silly.

LordKaiser
Mar 14, 2017, 05:59 PM
Maybe the new skills will be announced during this week if any.

Altiea
Mar 14, 2017, 09:10 PM
Maybe the new skills will be announced during this week if any.

Based on the current trend, SEGA has been adamant about no new additions to Skill Trees aside from Summoner. The Rings are supposed to take the place of Skill Tree updates.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 15, 2017, 01:18 AM
idk how many times I've had to repeat to my team that we would get 5 extra once you hit 80, was tired of reading this right next to that other stupid rumor that you get 5 Class Cubes per level up at 80. Jesus people are stupid

KabutechRX
Mar 15, 2017, 08:13 AM
idk how many times I've had to repeat to my team that we would get 5 extra once you hit 80, was tired of reading this right next to that other stupid rumor that you get 5 Class Cubes per level up at 80. Jesus people are stupid

Most of these rumors start from mistranslated info. Remember when everyone was hyped for a seventh element in the weeks leading up to episode 4?

Z-0
Mar 15, 2017, 08:21 AM
But you do get 5 class cubes per level up at 80, that isn't a rumour.

They said it on stream.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2017, 08:23 AM

They said it on stream.Wasn't it that you get 5 for reaching 80, not 5 per level at 80?

KabutechRX
Mar 15, 2017, 08:32 AM

They said it on stream.

oh, that's actually pretty nice

Z-0
Mar 15, 2017, 08:46 AM
Wasn't it that you get 5 for reaching 80, not 5 per level at 80?

Nope, 5 for levelling up.

Zorak000
Mar 15, 2017, 08:51 AM
I love google translate mixups

Z-0
Mar 15, 2017, 08:56 AM
Just so there's no confusion about that:

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2017/03/170311a.html

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2017, 09:52 AM
I don't play any other characters so more free excubes yay. \o/

rsod
Mar 16, 2017, 12:05 PM
I heard lvling from 75 to 80 doesn't get you the expected 5 Sp but only a handful of stat points. Is that real? WTF is even the point on making such a huge effort (compared to just getting exp normally) in the first place? Why even bother?

This makes no sense. Especially since they going to distribute skill tree reset passes.

Kondibon
Mar 16, 2017, 06:55 PM
This makes no sense. Especially since they going to distribute skill tree reset passes.Multiple people already corrected this on the first couple of pages.