PDA

View Full Version : Next Update (Video) 04/05/2017

Maulcun
Mar 24, 2017, 08:15 AM
Video

https://youtu.be/HV189KpQ1VE

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20170405/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4eGq4LENtU

Site
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/psu10anniversary/

Xaeris
Mar 24, 2017, 08:23 AM
So, Easter EQ and a story update. Kinda thin, but all right.

Saagonsa
Mar 24, 2017, 08:31 AM
So, Easter EQ and a story update. Kinda thin, but all right.

No Easter EQ from the looks of it, just the lobby and rappies.

TehCubey
Mar 24, 2017, 08:37 AM
Scratch-wise, most winners from the contest that I really liked didn't make it to side A, so there's still more waiting for me. This one should have a few things I'm interested in, but mostly it's wallet restoration after the toobie scratch.

Also that feather hair will be like 40m, at least.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 24, 2017, 08:47 AM

Also that feather hair will be like 40m, at least.
I second this lol

NightlightPro
Mar 24, 2017, 08:50 AM
omg hitsugi katana camos finally

SteveCZ
Mar 24, 2017, 09:03 AM
Nothing to get. More cash saved. $_$

Kintama
Mar 24, 2017, 10:44 AM
uhm, genesis bow pls...

Altiea
Mar 24, 2017, 11:26 AM
Looking forward to the next seasonal. Can't seem to grind Badges fast enough, and LV Up Quest isn't really a solution to that.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 24, 2017, 11:43 AM
So did they ever say how the Beast face variant would be obtained? (I'm assuming a bonus scratch reward)

Tymek
Mar 24, 2017, 11:49 AM
So did they ever say how the Beast face variant would be obtained? (I'm assuming a bonus scratch reward)

It's a bonus scratch reward, yes. All we can do is hope that it's one of the lower-tier rewards.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 24, 2017, 01:22 PM
It's a bonus scratch reward, yes. All we can do is hope that it's one of the lower-tier rewards.

Darn you sega for trying to make more money by withholding nostalgia!!!!

Now my question now....is....would the variant be accessible all characters on the account or just the one?

Enforcer MKV
Mar 24, 2017, 01:26 PM

Yet another reason to hate the bonus scratch setup. Tch.

ZER0 DX
Mar 24, 2017, 01:57 PM
Darn you sega for trying to make more money by withholding nostalgia!!!!

Now my question now....is....would the variant be accessible all characters on the account or just the one?

If it's like any other ticket outside lobby actions, just one. Expect it to be at least 25 scratches.

Hope you got a fat wallet if you have more than one character you want it for.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 24, 2017, 02:05 PM
If it's like any other ticket outside lobby actions, just one. Expect it to be at least 25 scratches.

Have they down face variants that way before? Seems to be a first time thing. If it's like lobby actions than.....crisis averted lol

Sgt. Sharina Wize
Mar 24, 2017, 07:53 PM
So let me get this straight where not getting the beast race and it's a bonus scratch reward to add insult to injury, sigh... I HATE YOU SEGA!

Tymek
Mar 24, 2017, 07:57 PM

Are Bonus Scratches per account, or per character? Since this would mean that you can only let one single character have access to the Beast Face.

loafhero
Mar 24, 2017, 10:00 PM
Huh, the Beast faces don't look as good as I remember them to be from PSU...

The Sadinian costume is all I care about. The time has come for me to live out my weird phantasy of blending in with the Dragonkin people!... oh, and its a pretty cool looking costume too.

Only part of the story bits that has my interest is Casra apparently trolling Xierra and Sara talking to someone, presumably Matoi judging from the specific part in the Gate area she's in.

Anduril
Mar 24, 2017, 10:06 PM
Have they down face variants that way before? Seems to be a first time thing. If it's like lobby actions than.....crisis averted lol
They released the Lamia Face variant; it worked just like any other cosmetic ticket, ie. bound to a single character.

Are Bonus Scratches per account, or per character? Since this would mean that you can only let one single character have access to the Beast Face.

Per account (maybe per ship).

DRIGZ
Mar 25, 2017, 08:29 PM
3:35 love sword and katanas, hopefully they're weapon camos

Golgotha
Mar 27, 2017, 07:00 AM
Looking forward to the next seasonal. Can't seem to grind Badges fast enough, and LV Up Quest isn't really a solution to that.

There is no seasonal quest.

Shoterxx
Mar 27, 2017, 08:19 AM
As soon as I saw the Beast face in the video preview, got a sudden hypu burst, but it's a bonus scratch face variant item... SEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!!!

EvilMag
Mar 27, 2017, 10:10 AM
I'm actually hoping the item you trade in for the camos isn't a title reward but rather a story board reward. I want all of those camos

Altiea
Mar 28, 2017, 12:47 AM
There is no seasonal quest.

Just saying. I need another seasonal so I don't have to wait so long between Solo PD runs.

Also, are they teasing a new Quna song at the end?

Tymek
Mar 28, 2017, 01:55 AM
Also, are they teasing a new Quna song at the end?

I was wondering that too. She is saying something about ORACLE and Earth.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 28, 2017, 02:15 AM
Not listening then.

Altiea
Mar 28, 2017, 02:41 AM
I was wondering that too. She is saying something about ORACLE and Earth.

In her dialogue, she mentioned the word "live", which usually means a concert.

NightlightPro
Mar 28, 2017, 07:29 AM
i'm wondering if we can get a phantom emblem everytime we complete chapter 8 or if it's just 1 per character/account ?

loafhero
Mar 28, 2017, 08:17 AM
It would be nice to be able to peak under her skirt again listen to a new Quna song after so long. Quna songs (and idol songs in general) are super infectious and should be taken in small doses, at least for me and since its been quite a while, I think I'm ready for another infectious dose of idol music before I inevitably try to drown it out later with heavy metal.

Anduril
Mar 28, 2017, 08:39 AM
i'm wondering if we can get a phantom emblem everytime we complete chapter 8 or if it's just 1 per character/account ?

If they aren't a title reward (ie. 1 per account), then they would likely be a node reward (ie. 1 per character); I highly doubt they would make them a Quest Clear reward.

NightlightPro
Mar 28, 2017, 03:30 PM
If they aren't a title reward (ie. 1 per account), then they would likely be a node reward (ie. 1 per character); I highly doubt they would make them a Quest Clear reward.

I hope not, i just want 1 of the hitsugi katanas and kohri's sword

ThePSOVeteran
Mar 28, 2017, 04:11 PM
They need to ban the use of any small suits in pvp: rappy, nyau, lilipa, and the cats-- as they make it impossible to hit theopponent even point blank. Its a n exploit and over sight of sega. So I'm hoping next update they disallow their use.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 28, 2017, 07:45 PM
i'm pretty sure only the Koro Taro Mini's are retardedly small. I thought character size don't effect hitboxes in pvp.

ThePSOVeteran
Mar 28, 2017, 08:02 PM
Apparently it does-- as I have an easier time hitting normal sized characters vs all those suits.

Altiea
Mar 28, 2017, 08:08 PM
As far as I can tell, wearing a Mini Suit does seem to reduce your actual height. While this generally has no effect on standard PvE gameplay, I'm not quite sure if it affects PvP. Do you find it harder to hit people in TPS at eye level compared to locking on?

ThePSOVeteran
Mar 28, 2017, 08:14 PM
I literally was point blank with sword and my spin sails over them most times, then I die. Apparently the grey model that loads in lobbies before you actually load your appearance, is your normal hit box (affected by character creation height) then it is changed again for suits. From playing nearly 60 matches i have enough evidence of trying to hit any type of suited people to be pissed enough off by it. I lost way too many 1v1s because of it.

I hardly use TPS mode though but point blank just misses for some reason regardless of weapon.

SteveCZ
Mar 28, 2017, 08:56 PM
I really have no problem killing those. I see no difference. I think it's easier to prove this on password match (with 1st person rifle maybe). I'd love to know.

Anyway you don't really wanna 1v1 with gaijin ping, even if your latency is around 70-100ms, leave alone those with 250ms+.

loafhero
Mar 28, 2017, 10:49 PM
I was afraid this would happen. While I don't see any issue with horizontal hitboxes, the vertical ones were definitely going to be a problem.

SolRiver
Mar 28, 2017, 11:09 PM
I remember getting hit behind tokyo wall with foie flying over cuz i was tall enough, and i foie back against the cat, nothing.

SteveCZ
Mar 29, 2017, 01:04 AM
I remember getting hit behind tokyo wall with foie flying over cuz i was tall enough, and i foie back against the cat, nothing.

Most often that's because I just reached the wall (gaijin ping tells that I haven't reached the wall yet), or I am not hugging the wall enough, and the enemy is doing Foie jump from his/her wall (like the tokyo ones). So throwing back a Foie to an enemy who is already behind the wall will definitely not hit them.

I never got hit at all when I'm behind the wall.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 29, 2017, 01:22 AM
You can Foie people hugging wall tho. It's just more difficult since the window is small.

sasagi.jp
Apr 1, 2017, 06:02 PM
Dengeki playstation info.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/493/1493994/

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/493/1493995/

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/493/1493996/

PSO2×SAO Creator interview

No scanpage.