PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people to play good pvp

ThePSOVeteran
Apr 1, 2017, 01:35 PM
I'm tried of losing because of JP idiots rushing and getting killed at the last 30 seconds or other stupid stuff. I want more of our community here to play so we can actually make progress. We can then finally organize well and stick together and finally be able to understand orders.

I'm sure we can all sync at the counter by entering at the same time and get put together every time, so not able to play together when its random is BS.

I want my legend.

MDashK
Apr 3, 2017, 01:34 PM
Yeah... I haven't been very lucky too... Been juggling between S5 - S4 - S5 - S4... A lot of the matches are lost at the last seconds... =S

Lyrise
Apr 3, 2017, 01:57 PM
Considering that matchmaking will pair players up based on similar player win/loss ratio (it prioritizes w/l ratio then proceeds to find the next best match if it can't find one that fits all the criteria), you could only use this method if you can ensure everyone can advance equally (not likely since you won't know what everyone's loss count is).

MDashK
Apr 3, 2017, 02:24 PM
Considering that matchmaking will pair players up based on similar player win/loss ratio (it prioritizes w/l ratio then proceeds to find the next best match if it can't find one that fits all the criteria), you could only use this method if you can ensure everyone can advance equally (not likely since you won't know what everyone's loss count is).

That's not the only problem. Put 12 players in the same empty block, and you're done...
The problem here is... At least 6 players would have to be willing to lose the rounds up. XDXD

Tymek
Apr 3, 2017, 02:32 PM
Well, you COULD try going to an empty block with your assembled group. I'm pretty sure people are matched on the same block, so if there are twelve people in an empty block, then the chances of those twelve people getting matched are bound to be higher.

That's not the only problem. Put 12 players in the same empty block, and you're done...
Oops, MDashK beat me to it. He's absolutely right, though. :D

Lyrise
Apr 3, 2017, 02:40 PM
It's definitely not priority per block. Besides KMR having already stated that the priority goes to w/l ratio, they aren't going to match a Legend with a D5 player.

But besides that, the most obvious problem mentioned above is there. Whose going to willingly offer themselves up to the chopping block? You're going to get screwed over no matter what because of team randomization.

Tymek
Apr 3, 2017, 02:46 PM
It's definitely not priority per block. Besides KMR having already stated that the priority goes to w/l ratio, they aren't going to match a Legend with a D5 player.

But besides that, the most obvious problem mentioned above is there. Whose going to willingly offer themselves up to the chopping block? You're going to get screwed over no matter what because of team randomization.

Well, you'll just have to actually play instead of arranging to get a specific person to LEGEND!

中国人
Apr 3, 2017, 04:55 PM
Wow, you so pro; I wish I can be elitist like you FeelsBadMan

TheszNuts
Apr 3, 2017, 05:15 PM
IIRC Sega said block does not matter, you're paired with anyone on any block, regardless of what block you started from.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 3, 2017, 06:12 PM
Wished they used that system on normal blocks.

SteveCZ
Apr 3, 2017, 07:10 PM
Block does not matter, rank does.

Anyway on topic, too bad there won't be any group match with rank yet. Even if there is, there seems to be no solution to fight against those who rig the match to get people easily reached legend other than providing a separate ranking for it (group ranking?).

if you wanna reach Legend, you're expected to be a game changer.

My suggestion would be just focus on how you play better for yourself regardless of how silly the team is (or just focus on getting that 100K BP costume, lol). Cause it will eventually get to Legend.

Maybe for a little guide, it took me roughly 100 - 120 matches to reach back to Legend after the reset back to S1. That's 1840 to 2000~. At start, I once reached 1715 due to roughly 10 straight losses. That took me 3 days with 3 - 4 hours a day. While I'm doing that, the top 5s were already at 2400.

Asellus
Apr 9, 2017, 10:08 AM
I'm able to get a few good games around 7am - 11am CST. I would play more often but it's difficult to find players to even get a match going. After pso suspended me and reset my rank to D5 it's become nearly impossible to get a game because anyone who plays regularly is already at S rank or Legend. I'm at A2 right now and I'm usually online at that hour.