PDA

View Full Version : A new alternative way to grind NT weapon ?

fuusen_gum
Apr 4, 2017, 06:04 AM
i find this in twitter https://twitter.com/twitGururu/status/848483444392730624, looks like this is a new alternative way to grind NT weapon, less expensive but require a lot of time, i don't really know how to do the process, i try to use google translate but it didn't translate well and i'm still confuse, maybe some of you in here can read japanese well and tell me what do you think about it ?

Kondibon
Apr 4, 2017, 06:24 AM
That's not new, it's the low meseta cost, high grinder way to do it. There isn't really much to explain. You just use +30 1* nt weapons as fodder. It honestly isn't worth it unless you're somehow swimming in lambda grinders yet barely have any meseta.

Zephyrion
Apr 4, 2017, 06:28 AM
It's just the Dio weapon method but you replace *10 by *1 weapons, since grinding fee is cheap and pot is unlocked with photon drops, which are easy to come by. It's by far the cheapest method in terms of meseta/excube expense, but you'll need a shitton of *1 weapons to get to +35, so lot of time spent picking dirt from w-e quests you're doing

ralf542
Apr 4, 2017, 06:33 AM
He/She/It says that you pick up 1☆ NT weapons dropped in quests or buy them from NPC shop(800 meseta). Grind those to +30 with the same 1☆ weapons.

The 12☆(+26,+30 +30,9) route costs you around 1,9(with Empe)-2,7mil and 3 Lamda. The 10☆(+30) route costs 3.9m and 9 Lamda, the 1☆ route with Empe costs 300k and 96 Lamda and the 1☆(+30) without Empe is 1,7m and 55 Lamda.

With 66(?) Lamda grinders/week from Zieg I happily throw them at Dudu/Monica.

Kondibon
Apr 4, 2017, 06:34 AM
The 12☆ route costs you around 1,9(with Empe)-2,7mil. The 1☆ route with Empe costs 300k , the 1☆ +30 without Empe is 1,7mThey fail to mention it also costs over 90 lambda grinders. :wacko:

fuusen_gum
Apr 4, 2017, 08:06 AM
That's not new, it's the low meseta cost, high grinder way to do it. There isn't really much to explain. You just use +30 1* nt weapons as fodder. It honestly isn't worth it unless you're somehow swimming in lambda grinders yet barely have any meseta.

oh sorry, i though it was a new method, i haven't playing a lot of pso2 since NT weapon come out, so i don't really know about it, that tweet just posted on 2 april and got almost 2k retweet, so i just assume it was a new way to grind NT weapon

Ryuhou
Apr 4, 2017, 09:53 AM
With zieg cos and 3 free characters as well as a variety of other ways to get lambdas, you should usually not have a major shortage of lambdas.
So the point is money. And with emper embrace that is not a problem either, just do some seasonal eqs.

What you can do to preserve lambdas (might be an issue, now that we need a +35 weapon for every class) is grind 12* weapons and then use those to grind 13*, cuts down heavily the amount of lambdas needed. But I never did it so I don't know if it costs more, less or the same amount of meseta.

The one thing to keep in mind when grinding NT weapons is that you unlock potential at +10 / +20 / +30 so if you are at +9 / +19 / +29 you shouldn't waste a lot of fodder weapons and grinders cause you are capped at +10 / +20 / +30 until you unlock the potential, i.e. if you are at +9 and use 5 fodder weapons 4 will be wasted.

Zorak000
Apr 4, 2017, 12:45 PM
the problem right now is that there is no seasonal EQ up right now, so the supply of emper embrace is running dry

Rappy Fever bonus quest still requires you to get the key to show up (I havent seen one yet), and not every weapon dropped there even has emper embrace on them; so it's not exactly making up for it.

I got a lot of stuff I wanna grind so I'll keep to jamming things into 12*s to save on lambos in either case. I look at zieg, and the 44 lambos he can give me per week, but dang I just cant bring myself to do it. besides I got multiple stacks of regular grinders I can burn off anyway

anyway 1* weapons are the most ideal here since you just need to fool around in normal forest for a while, get some 1* NT drops, then go to the NPC store and load up on old-type 1* weapons to use as the fodder. The NPC store does not sell NT weapons, but they are still good to use because of the following:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/lvdEdIF.png[/spoiler-box]
even though these weapons are not newtypes, they still provide the material bonuses for same rarity. when the extreme basic 1* weapons with no affixes on them show up in the NPC shop, they only cost 800 meseta to buy, that price quickly jumps up with even the slightly higher-grade 1* weapons that aren't even available as newtypes, so that's why you gotta play on normal to get these instead of hanging onto some 3* junk from your xh runs of stuff

Zorak000
Apr 4, 2017, 02:48 PM
ok so I ran a bunch of numbers and just realized it might be better to just uh... pick up all 3-star weapons of a single weapon type, then jam those together to +35