PDA

View Full Version : Hints at what the next collab MIGHT be

IchijinKali
Apr 6, 2017, 12:17 AM
Hmm what could it be

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNyUEOhCAMAMC_8ABaRLrgZwxBgiZqCa0ns3_fneu85hmnW cyu2mUB2A4pPDYryiO3ahtzO2vuh9jCF2TVXPar3irgvPcpeEp E0TmaI8KU0uwwxA8hYfgPAvqVV9vvZr4_vCUhaQ.JnekKxHTbl Ez4k9ZNR6og1FeYaM

Picture couldn't be any smaller I know. But it is apparently an interview with SAO to do a collab with PSO2. You know that awesome anime that had a great premise but then was quickly destroyed the longer it went on.

Enjoy the free salt everyone because I for one HATE THIS. How about you?

*edit*

By the way this doesn't ralllly hint towards a collab it was an interview that was done on the creative process of MMO's. If this was organized by Sega then yeah I'd say it's a hint but these dual interviews happen a lot with Dengeki and Famitsu.

Anduril
Apr 6, 2017, 12:19 AM
I am indifferent about SAO in general, but I did like some of the costume designs; unfortunately, it will likely just be Kirito's and Asuna's Aincrad outfits and weapons.

sonisei
Apr 6, 2017, 12:26 AM
are we gonna have "cant log out of the game" again?

Altiea
Apr 6, 2017, 12:32 AM
Side note, but I think it's just Fairy Dance that killed SAO. I was told that GGO was actually a decent arc.

Anyways, we already have not-SAO *coughBlancNoircough*, and it wouldn't really be that far out of the ballpark as far as a run-of-the-mill collab is concerned. However, collabs typically run when there is something to promote, so I wouldn't count my blessings.

... Oh wait, I forgot the SAO x Accel World crossover game was a thing (hence the article). Guess there is something to promote. Er... A "Reki Kawahara" cross collab? That'd be interesting (especially since AW doesn't get nearly as much flak as SAO does even though they're penned by the same guy).

IchijinKali
Apr 6, 2017, 12:51 AM
Side note, but I think it's just Fairy Dance that killed SAO. I was told that GGO was actually a decent arc.

I have watched everything about SAO just so I can have an actual opinion about it instead of just following crowd of its an insult to both anime fans and MMO players.

I can say SAO was fine just too many times I was like wha how would that work in an MMO but when that ended well. Then it became about ALO which quite honestly couldn't end fast enough and the whole subplot with his cousin was quite honestly a worthless point to have. GGO was better off having actual stakes in it opposed to just mer she is still stuck and parents are marrying her off to pedo. But it couldn't resist having another character fall for Kazuto but at least we saw her do more than just want to get into Kazuto's pants.

Now the stupid Mother's Rosario arc that is when I had lost all the little vested interest GGO had gained and the Calibur 'arc' had mostly retained. All I saw was here is a character that is going to die CARE FOR HER DAMN YOU, oh and Asuna has issues with mother.

Xaeris
Apr 6, 2017, 12:53 AM
Meh. SAO's problem was never its music or art, so getting its costumes and discs is pretty cool. As long as its terrible plot and characters stay at home, we're good.

mickbis
Apr 6, 2017, 01:18 AM
SAO pattern that I really don't like

Introduce Girl to fall for MC
MC is awesome
ah a not so important support character that we didn't actually care appear
MC is awesome
Introduce new Girl to fall for MC
MC is awesome
and disgusting irredeemable villain to make MC look more awesome

Still... I'm once a fan of SAO light novel
but grow really tired of it plot that seem endlessly loop with same pattern
the character design are very nice
abec did a very great job at that.. It would be nice to get some of those outfit if there actually a collab

Enforcer MKV
Apr 6, 2017, 01:57 AM
I've become mostly deadened to collabs because I never see things I really like, so this is all pretty meh without considering I never even watched SAO in the first place.

[Ayumi]
Apr 6, 2017, 02:10 AM
I remember people talking about SAO a ton on PSO2 maybe 3 or so years ago and then all talking stopped abruptly a little while after that.

The thing as a whole never caught my interest, but I do know if I see something on a scratch I like, I will buy it. Whether I like wherever the outfit is from or not.

mickbis
Apr 6, 2017, 02:21 AM
;3417738']I remember people talking about SAO a ton on PSO2 maybe 3 or so years ago and then all talking stopped abruptly a little while after that.

The thing as a whole never caught my interest, but I do know if I see something on a scratch I like, I will buy it. Whether I like wherever the outfit is from or not.

SAO is massively popular at that time
maybe at around Season 2 now it die down a lot due to the time
SAO is actually one of the very first Light Novel that many people followed due to English translation and it actually good at that time ( Volume 1 )
now.. a lot of better novel is out there and SAO is just slowly forgotten overtime

loafhero
Apr 6, 2017, 02:35 AM
No... No... NOO! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I've learned to lower my standards for PSO2 but not THAT low!!

mickbis
Apr 6, 2017, 02:58 AM
come on lol
collab is just costume.. that will be damn cheap anyway cuz it will end up not look good on many character

Ryuhou
Apr 6, 2017, 04:25 AM
The problem with collabs is that it's always a handful items only. So many great designs in SAO or Disgaea or Blazblue or indeed most of the sources (games, animes, etc.) of collabs but Sega only gives us a bit of each.

I don't see why, it's probably easier for them to make a bigger deal for more content from one source than to just make a lot of smaller contracts with many different sources.
Only rarely we get more than 1 scratch of any given source, but pretty if any of those scratches didn't do well it's precisely because people were hyped for outfits, camos and accessories from the source but then the scratch didn't have what they wanted.

So Sega can't actually use the popularity of a given scratch that only uses a fraction of a source's content and so of course it will not be as popular as a scratch that provides reasonable amount of the content and gives people what they want.

For example as a huge Disagaea fan I was hyped for the scratch, but then I saw the meager stuff we got and didn't care anymore. Sega could have gotten like 30 outfits alone from monster suits and the same amount of weapon camos just using the most awesome designs.

Sega could easily do stuff like give us more than one scratch of a source, even at the same time (to not make it incredibly hard to get what you want). Literally all they have to do is increase the size of the scratch window and allow more than 2-3 scratches at a time, but as Sega has demonstrated with displaying our current CC, increasing menu window size is just too much of an effort.

Gestriden
Apr 6, 2017, 04:49 AM
By the way this doesn't ralllly hint towards a collab it was an interview that was done on the creative process of MMO's. If this was organized by Sega then yeah I'd say it's a hint but these dual interviews happen a lot with Dengeki and Famitsu.

FantasyHeaven
Apr 6, 2017, 04:59 AM
All the collab stuff just looks like plastic toy versions of the real deal, looks awful.
Also the title says nothing about a SAO collab.

IchijinKali
Apr 6, 2017, 05:08 AM
I can't read Japanese worth a damn. Teammate tells me about this saying this is how the Final Fantasy collab had happened. I see nothing about it on psoworld so I create a thread about it emphasizing MIGHT.

otakun
Apr 6, 2017, 05:23 AM
From some of reactions just on here I would now hope for the SAO collab just to annoy people.

TehCubey
Apr 6, 2017, 07:32 AM
Don't we already have too many Kirito clones in this game?

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 6, 2017, 07:52 AM
Wasn't aware a collab makes people dislike a game so much.... *shrugs*

echofaith
Apr 6, 2017, 07:55 AM
I dont like SAO. I dont necesarily hate it, but I just dont find the appeal. While I dont mind a scratch from it, I think it will end up looking bad bad like most collabs, because of the style.

Costumes from Fate and Guilty Gear for instance look out of place because of the colors and style they were created from. Nier collab on the other hand, because it uses a similar style, it feels more natural here.

Ziel
Apr 6, 2017, 08:22 AM
Don't we already have too many Kirito clones in this game?

Well now we will have "legit" clones.

SAO outfits/weapons/hairstyles arent that awesome-looking anyways for the current amount of stuff we have and we already have a lot of black coats and princess-knight stuff, more to the heap i guess.

Also on the SAO hate thing, i saw it and all i gotta say is Haseo > Kirito anyday.

loafhero
Apr 6, 2017, 12:02 PM
You know what? Screw it. If I can live through a Fairy Tail collab, I can live through an SAO collab.

Kondibon
Apr 6, 2017, 12:40 PM
If I can live through a Fairy Tail collab, I can live through an SAO collab.I've never even watched Fairy Tail and I'm offended by the comparison. 3:

TehCubey
Apr 6, 2017, 06:45 PM
Out of morbid curiosity, let's post our personal preferences.

Favorite collabs: #3 Nier Automata, #2 Godzilla, #1 Sakura Taisen. Honorary mention - Tales of Zestiria (regardless of what you think of the game itself).

Worst: I could say something like Mahouka but come on, did anyone have expectations for that?
Instead I'll say the most disappointing was FF XIV. At least scratch-wise, since the LQ was good.

Xiriko
Apr 6, 2017, 07:55 PM
Well now we will have "legit" clones.

SAO outfits/weapons/hairstyles arent that awesome-looking anyways for the current amount of stuff we have and we already have a lot of black coats and princess-knight stuff, more to the heap i guess.

Also on the SAO hate thing, i saw it and all i gotta say is Haseo > Kirito anyday.

Well... one character is actually original, well written and actually shows character growth... the other is just a chick magnet that can't be beat at any game no matter what so yea. I'm still trying to understand how .hack was never picked up again instead of this SAO unoriginal crap but heck yea, bring on the collab I guess...

Great Pan
Apr 6, 2017, 11:47 PM
Kazuma from KonoSuba is light-years better than Craprito, full stop.

As for a collab, I still stand for BATMAN.

Dualdiamond
Apr 7, 2017, 12:58 AM
Kazuma from KonoSuba is light-years better than Craprito, full stop.

Naw, it's all about Ainz Ooal Gown from Overlord. Instant death, everybody gets one.

Also, don't we already have that parody weapon cameo based on those SAO dual blades *ブランノワール.

Altiea
Apr 7, 2017, 01:02 AM
Naw, it's all about Ainz Ooal Gown from Overlord. Instant death, everybody gets one.

Also, don't we already have that parody weapon cameo based on those SAO dual blades *ブランノワール.

Side note, but Blanc Noir is actually Elucidator/Lambent Light, not Elucidator/Dark Repulser. Make of that what you will.

[Ayumi]
Apr 7, 2017, 01:08 AM
Out of morbid curiosity, let's post our personal preferences.

Favorite collabs: #3 Nier Automata, #2 Godzilla, #1 Sakura Taisen. Honorary mention - Tales of Zestiria (regardless of what you think of the game itself).

Worst: I could say something like Mahouka but come on, did anyone have expectations for that?
Instead I'll say the most disappointing was FF XIV. At least scratch-wise, since the LQ was good.

Except for the Godzilla Mag.... not a single damn one.
I might've been happy if it was a FFXI collab (yeah yeah it's old... don't care) and they gave me my DNC clothing or something. Also don't like how the Mitisoquololo or however you spell it to the Mithras.

I was excited for the Blazeblue (don't even like Blazblue, but theres some characters I like on it... I'm more of a Guilty Gear person), and the ONE damn character I heard would be in the scratch that I wanted items from... they didn't pick the outfit I knew and liked. And no Taokaka.

Guitar Gear they didn't pick any of my favourite characters.

Can't think of any other collab they did from a series I like (I can't say I like the Nier series... I liked the 1st game, but I had 0 interest in Automata when I heard the idea behind the story and the characters).

I never cared for Persona, Titan Attack, Fairy Tale, or the others that I can't think off the top of my head.

Vatallus
Apr 7, 2017, 01:28 AM
I never really paid a lot of attention to the collabs. I might see things I like and buy it but chances are if its a camo or costume I'll grow bored of it and eventually sell it on the market.

If I was to pick 3 collabs from things I have actually seen, or seen the most of it would be:

Fate
Persona
BlazBlue

Honestly still surprised we never got a Tager costume for men from the BlazBlue collab.

Ziel
Apr 7, 2017, 06:51 AM
I never really paid a lot of attention to the collabs. I might see things I like and buy it but chances are if its a camo or costume I'll grow bored of it and eventually sell it on the market.

If I was to pick 3 collabs from things I have actually seen, or seen the most of it would be:

Fate
Persona
BlazBlue

Honestly still surprised we never got a Tager costume for men from the BlazBlue collab.

Im actually more surprised we didnt get makoto, bullet or taokaka for the fanservice and hakumen for both genders (a la SORO costume), Fi knuckles makoto would have been awesome, they could always collab with central fiction.

My top collabs would be

Blazblue (was trying to cross my fixed character hands fingers for this since ep2)
Disgaea (just because prinny mag dood)
FFXIV
Nep (tho it needed more CPUs)

*:i will probably go crazy for the frame arms girl collab so ill reserve a spot.

Lets see if this collab gets greenlighted and what gets collabīd, will it be the 1st season? will we all get fairy wings? or will it be the gunz expy?

Zulastar
Apr 9, 2017, 08:55 AM
Well SAO collab will be... booring.
Costumes: nah we're have tons of them already and SAO's costumes is nothing special tought.
Weapon camos: nah again. Kirito's and Asuna's weapons and nothing else can be mentioned here. Hekate is only camo I gonna collect but no chances it will be released.
Acessories: I can't remember any good things I wanna apply to my chara from SAO, ALO or GGO
Hairstyles: we're got similar to Asuna's and Kirito's hairstyles already...

So I still have my thumbs up for Overlord collab.

blkbox11
Apr 9, 2017, 09:14 AM
I'd prefer Overlord or Konosuba. But SAO gets a thumbs up too because of all the people getting triggered by it.

Ryuhou
Apr 10, 2017, 02:40 AM
In the end it's kinda irrelevant if it's popular or not. What matters is only if the content is good.
As much as SAO is hated, it has a number of great outfits and camos.

That aside, we are getting one of the dumb animal face accessories / face types of the design contest.
The contest had an entire 4 different animal faces in the closer selection that was featured on the site and we actually get one. It's hideous.
What the hell is with all this furry recently? My anime online rpg can' be this furry!

IchijinKali
Apr 10, 2017, 08:06 AM
In the end it's kinda irrelevant if it's popular or not. What matters is only if the content is good.
As much as SAO is hated, it has a number of great outfits and camos.

That aside, we are getting one of the dumb animal face accessories / face types of the design contest.
The contest had an entire 4 different animal faces in the closer selection that was featured on the site and we actually get one. It's hideous.
What the hell is with all this furry recently? My anime online rpg can' be this furry!

Same reason really. SEGA's decision. SEGA chooses the item design contest winners. They also choose how to handle things that don't exist in this version of Phantasy Star. Which is why we are getting a beast face to cover the problems they would have getting Laia, from PSU, in the game when we don't have a Beast race in PSO2.