PDA

View Full Version : How to get tier 6 smooth boob models?

Ryuhou
Apr 9, 2017, 01:51 PM
I am playing with tier 6 graphics, I got all the graphics options enabled in the game and it certainly is tier 6 instead of tier 5.

However, my character's boobs are very angular, just like in tier 5 graphics. Before my hiatus I played for a couple of months with tier 6 graphics and the boob models are very round and smooth, completely different.

I checked the graphics options in the Japanese launcher but there is nothing about models, I got tier 6 activated and both textures and shader set to high quality.

How can I get tier 6 boob models and get rid of the crappy tier 5 models?

Shadowth117
Apr 9, 2017, 01:59 PM
They never changed them. On specific outfits, the chest area is done better, but it's never been updated. You can dump the models yourself and look if you don't believe me.

Anduril
Apr 9, 2017, 02:03 PM
The only thing I can think is that before you had DSR or anti-aliasing settings via an external program that made everything look smoother.

Ryuhou
Apr 9, 2017, 02:28 PM
Never used anything.
The one and only thing I used was the nude mod with nipples and vagoo. Was it that mod that made them look that much better?
Sega, I am am severely disappoint.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 9, 2017, 02:33 PM
1. Lewd.
2. Since you said you've done Mods that affected the model only real way is to....i suppose go in salon with and without the Mod to see if it makes the difference you're referring to.
3. See #1 :p

Massaki
Apr 9, 2017, 02:44 PM
The bigger you go, the more angular the shape gets. Nothing is going to remedy that as long as Sega keeps using what they have. They'd pretty much have to redesign the models. Outfits can only do so much. So, if you want what you say you want, go back to the character creator and fine tune your stuff. That's the only way to do it legit.

The other thing that does something is what other people have already said: mods. You have the internet to search for them.

中国人
Apr 9, 2017, 03:52 PM
What's wrong with angular oppais? I want to live in a world where we accept all kinds of things, not one of separation and discrimination. There are people that are born with angular oppais, so think about the people around the world before taking action. T R I G G E R E D

doomdragon83
Apr 9, 2017, 04:10 PM
What's wrong with angular oppais? I want to live in a world where we accept all kinds of things, not one of separation and discrimination. There are people that are born with angular oppais, so think about the people around the world before taking action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKlzoGP2m0w
There, fixed it.

Traumin
Apr 9, 2017, 04:43 PM
Never used anything.
The one and only thing I used was the nude mod with nipples and vagoo. Was it that mod that made them look that much better?
Sega, I am am severely disappoint.

yes, the mod made it look better. you probably had the high poly nude mod.
in other news, accept your angular tits.

Ryuhou
Apr 10, 2017, 02:39 AM
._.
Guess it was all the nude mod. Problem is it's broken now.

BUT what's with the crappy tier 5 skin texture? I am very sure not only the nude mod but also other outfits had a higher res skin texture, like all textures being higher res in tier 6.
Yet now I look at my character's skin and it's still the same pixelated mess as tier 5. What gives?

Traumin
Apr 10, 2017, 03:25 AM
._.

BUT what's with the crappy tier 5 skin texture? I am very sure not only the nude mod but also other outfits had a higher res skin texture, like all textures being higher res in tier 6.
Yet now I look at my character's skin and it's still the same pixelated mess as tier 5. What gives?
I can gurantee it's still the same skin texture, my dude. no textures or models change from tier 5 to tier6

Ryuhou
Apr 10, 2017, 06:05 AM
Uh, what? Almost all textures changed and a ton of models, too. All sorts of costumes and weapon / Unit / camo models, as well as environment and enemy textures.
Did you forget that the game size literally doubled with the addition of tier 6 graphics? That was not padding, that was all graphics in the game redone in high quality.
If you have the same textures it simply means you don't use tier 6 graphics but are stuck with tier 5. In the first place, the entire point of tier 6 graphics was the texture update, the game looks like last generation PS2 on tier 5 and it was unable to cope with current graphics.

Massaki
Apr 10, 2017, 06:18 AM
Nope, textures are pretty much the same. None of character textures changed. The Tier 6 upgrade was, mostly, an overhaul on the lighting and changing up some field's textures. The same shitty textures are still being in use, they've just gotten 'better' at hiding them.

Just look at how awful some of the outfit's textures look.

isCasted
Apr 10, 2017, 07:05 AM
They made completely new textures for environments (which don't even look high-res, they are just straight up different), but all character-related stuff is same as before. Certain elements make it really apparent (for example, Hatoulle inner), but you can take a hard look at pretty much anything. Some stuff with seemingly high-res base textures will also look pixelated under specific lighting due to low-res specular/normal maps (skin texture is, perhaps, the worst offender in this case).

On T1-5 the game uses different sets of textures outside and inside the salon (not just models), and T6 merely makes it use salon assets everywhere.

Traumin
Apr 10, 2017, 07:41 AM
from the sound of it, it sounds like you don't mod/snoop around the files. I do.
I can guarantee they did not change player textures.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2017, 12:19 PM
They didn't change the textures, they changed the way the game's shaders render them.

Shadowth117
Apr 10, 2017, 12:50 PM
Pretty much the only things that changed as far as textures were scenery objects that got normal maps and higher quality specular maps. The diffuse, aka what gives something its basic color, is the same resolution as always in almost all cases.
http://i.imgur.com/N0Hkg0Q.png
http://i.imgur.com/WvykK3k.png
The above is from the initial set of textures for the lobby while the lower textures are from the tier 6 additions for it in a separate file. So basically they added and updated a few textures. In some cases, they even include unchanged duplicates of existing textures again in the tier 6 file because SEGA doesn't seem to like optimization. Extra files being loaded in general for tier 6 is actually why tier 5 should theoretically load faster.

The point is though, these changes have never been observed in player models or basically anything aside from static objects and terrain to our knowledge. It just adds some visual effects to make what's there nicer.

Flaoc
Apr 10, 2017, 12:58 PM
View in a separate tab for full size. Since when did psow automatically fit them to screen width...

ever since psow updated the entire website.. so quite a few months now

also why is this thread even a thing????

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2017, 01:23 PM
This is kind of off topic, and not related to model poly count or anything, but I'd like to point out that there IS a noticeable difference in texture quality between t5 and t6. It's just not the result of the actual texture files being different.

Excuse, the undies, but I felt they illustrated the point the most.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/GWUyKVa.png
http://i.imgur.com/CKHPcky.png[/spoiler-box]

EDIT: Also, even in the makeover salon the t5 shaders are worse than the t6 ones. :P

ralf542
Apr 10, 2017, 02:18 PM

Layered Wear nude mod still works fine for me.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2017, 02:22 PM
Layered Wear nude mod still works fine for me.The layered wear one doesn't change the model, just the texture. That said, the high quality nude mod works too.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 10, 2017, 02:26 PM
The layered wear one doesn't change the model, just the texture. That said, the high quality nude mod works too.

I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't used it even out of curiosity at this point. :lol:

Thread is amazing, btw. Getting plenty of chuckles here.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2017, 02:32 PM
I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't used it even out of curiosity at this point. :lol:http://i.imgur.com/QL91kio.jpg

Enforcer MKV
Apr 10, 2017, 02:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QL91kio.jpg

Hahaha, yeah, I was sure somebody was gonna react like that. Surprisingly [or not], though, I don't even know how to go about acquiring it, let alone installing it. :lol:

Edit; Actually, where's that picture from? The art is nice.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2017, 04:18 PM
Hahaha, yeah, I was sure somebody was gonna react like that. Surprisingly [or not], though, I don't even know how to go about acquiring it, let alone installing it. :lol:It's a mystery~!

Edit; Actually, where's that picture from? The art is nice.http://trialofthesun.com/?pn=0

Madevil
Apr 11, 2017, 12:07 AM
I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't used it even out of curiosity at this point. :lol:

Thread is amazing, btw. Getting plenty of chuckles here.

yo gonna be kidding~ :-P

come join the party!!! 8-)8-)8-)

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/7iILfxq.png
http://i.imgur.com/tfXm9HG.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ryuhou
Apr 11, 2017, 03:52 AM
Seriously, T6 updated most textures. The extra GB aren't just shaders and no amount of shading will turn the Doom textures of Kuron rocks or the pixelated Luther Rear units from T5 into the detailed high res version T6 has.

Traumin
Apr 11, 2017, 04:43 AM
Seriously, T6 updated most textures. The extra GB aren't just shaders and no amount of shading will turn the Doom textures of Kuron rocks or the pixelated Luther Rear units from T5 into the detailed high res version T6 has.

the extra gb is new content. shaders were upadated. textures that were updated are mostly enviroment
literally get over it bruh

Tari
Apr 11, 2017, 10:47 AM
They didn't update the textures for T6, but... perhaps you're using compressed textures and don't realize it? The tweaker/official launcher hasn't always updated settings properly, in my experience.
Try opening up the user.pso2 file in documents/sega/phantasystaronline2 and searching for "TextureResolution". You'll want the value to be 2, if it isn't, change it to 2, save and exit. If it's already 2... dunno what to say. -shrug-