PDA

View Full Version : Just For Fun: Buff/Nerf Your Favorite/Least Favorite Class

Altiea
Apr 10, 2017, 12:24 AM
EPISODE 5 is coming! After EPISODE 4 decided to do little in the way of class tweaking outside of Summoner, they may return to balance tweaks in EP5, now that they're out of the "we're trying to get new players cause monies" hole. Or, we think so, anyway. A man can dream.

Everyone has a class they like. Some of them might have a class they don't like. Whether it's because they're too overpowered, or too weak, or just whatever. With that said,

Pitch a buff/nerf for your favorite/least favorite class.

Vatallus
Apr 10, 2017, 12:48 AM
Well since there are no replies yet I'll just get it out of the way.

Buff Fighter because I am biased. Delete Summoner. :v

SteveCZ
Apr 10, 2017, 01:02 AM
Reduce Guren Tessen PA to 1, double the speed, and triple the damage for a few months.

Then kill it like they kill Shunka. :roll:

Anduril
Apr 10, 2017, 01:11 AM
It would be nice if they removed the Main Class Only tags from some skills, like Crit Strike or All Guard (though my main beef with Crit Strike is the fact that the Ring isn't usable by FI subs, which is something that just doesn't make sense to me if it is a Main Class Only skill).
Also, I kinda wish they would just get rid of the whole Skill Tree structure and just let us allocate points to the skills we want without having to waste any on things we don't need or use; I mean, it is currently better than it used to be, but it's just kinda annoying to have to allocate 3SP on a basic Stat Up that I would much rather put somewhere else.

Ether
Apr 10, 2017, 01:27 AM
Buff Techer, wand photon arts please!

CoWorker
Apr 10, 2017, 01:41 AM
- buff Gunslash's PA values (damage and reduced PP cost) since its still stuck in Ep1~2 era compared to other weapons

- nerf Gurren... it only promotes lazy people, everytime i see a youtube video with a katana braver in it, 80% of the time i only see SHING SHING spam...

Enforcer MKV
Apr 10, 2017, 01:48 AM
I'd like to see Fi's knuckles buffed. Love the weapons, but they're not usable compared to a lot. ._.;;

GHNeko
Apr 10, 2017, 01:51 AM
buff off-meta
nerf meta

:wacko:

Arada
Apr 10, 2017, 02:23 AM
For Techer, create a Wand Charge Attack. You can charge your wand attacks. They're slower but hit super hard (llike x5).
Trigger Wand Gear 2+ times when hitting only one enemy with the wand normal attack. This will help solve many boss issies.

Shadowstarkirby
Apr 10, 2017, 03:14 AM
These are neither my favorite or least favorite, those titles actually go to Fighter and Bouncer respectively, but I'd like to pitch for those that need the most drastic adjustments imo.

Buff Techer, while it's mobbing potential is amazing, it's bossing power is nonexistent, not even Form Wand makes Wand good enough by itself for bossing. Give it PAs so it has more options than support techs and whacking as well as an attack speed increase so it doesn't feel so clunky. Additionally, lack of synergy between Techers is also a problem, there's never a reason you should have more than one. That should be fixed somehow.

Nerf Summoner, particularly Maron because that in combination with Chain Trigger makes it more broken than anything I've ever seen in general play. Doing 6m+ damage on a Mother stun (not even including Zanverse) with the only requirement being that you spam Ramegid/Safoie-0 is absurd. Not even Gu mains with TMG can do a third of what Maron + Zanverse does in one Chain Trigger.

nguuuquaaa
Apr 10, 2017, 03:33 AM
Buff Techer. Need a "push button increase damage" skill like other classes.
Remove Limit Break activate animation, make it like Gunner's Showtime.
Nerf Element Conversion.
Nerf Chain Trigger and buff TMG.

Great Pan
Apr 10, 2017, 03:49 AM
Nerf Ranger
Weak Bullet - Dmg multiplier 130% from 255%, 4 shots, 3mins CD, MAIN CLASS ONLY.

red1228
Apr 10, 2017, 03:54 AM
I'm not really feeling the classes themselves need to be tampered with much, but rather the weapons need some tweaking...
Once upon a time, Partisan was the strongest Hunter AND Fighter weapon. Now its suffering at the bottom of the barrel with Jet Boots. Just needs to be brought up to snuff like Sword & Wire Lance (although no one really seemed to notice or care about the buffs to Wires, a while back).

While not quite as bad as Partisan, Knuckles are largely a personal preference / fashion weapon for Fighters these days. Double Saber (and to a lesser extent, Twin Dagger for aerial situations) have been dominating Fighters' weapon palates ever since rings were introduced.

Jet Boots, good lord. Its been over 2 years and the weapon still only has FOUR PHOTON ARTS (no that piece of shit Strike Gust-0 does not count) Not only that, but their overall DPS is among the lowest of melee weapons in the game. (Calm down Selphea, we all know you're the bestest Bo/Gu in da whole wide world)

Katana needs its damage potential shuffled around, I feel. I dont want a straight nerf to it, but rather maybe weaken Gurren & buff some of its neglected & forgotten PAs. (can't forget what never existed / was used for the Episode 4 newbies)

I spend more than 90% of my time playing Melee Classes so if I'm wrong, please pardon & feel free correct me on the following:
Bullet Bow feels unbalanced, though not as bad as Katana. From what I've seen, if you aren't using some combination of Chase Arrow+Banish Arrow & Kamikaze Arrow / Sharp Bomber-0, you're doing garbage damage with Bullet Bow. I would like to see the other PAs be brought up to par.

Rifle feels the same as Bullet Bows to me. If you aren't using End Attract or Satellite Cannon, you're DPS is suffering immensely. I've seen some players using Sneak Shooter & Parallel Slider-0 a fair bit, but I just don't see how the damage adds up to being even remotely close to EA or SC.

Forces in general feel horribly lopsided to me. Outside of Ragrants (better have 200+ PP) and maybe Gigrants-0, their overall damage feels like its stuck in Episode 3. But once they have their Compound Techniques, suddenly their damage potential skyrockets (if only in burst DPS).

ringomaki
Apr 10, 2017, 03:57 AM
Just one thing.

Type-0 Shunka Shunran that puts gurren tessen to shame

rsod
Apr 10, 2017, 05:23 AM
Chain Trigger: Twin Machineguns exclusive skill.

RadiantLegend
Apr 10, 2017, 08:18 AM
Just one thing.

Type-0 Shunka Shunran that puts gurren tessen to shame

I'm alright with shunka resurrection

otakun
Apr 10, 2017, 08:47 AM
Remove WB, CT, Banish, Vol and Zanverse.

Buff Gunner : Give them an ability that increase dmg gradually when JAing the same spot.
Buff Ranger: Gives a non moving and moving stance.
Buff Techer: Speed increase wand attacks, give PAs and stance.

Add Gunslash spec dont care what class get its ;3

MysticAura
Apr 10, 2017, 09:53 AM
Force feels unkillable sometimes so I think some changes to up the difficulty could be nice.

Change the properties of the support field techs (Resta/Shifta/etc) so that receiving one tick from them means you receive all ticks even if you leave the field. Cut Resta Healing in half/to a third. Or add more quests with the Odin healing reduction mechanic.

Charge parry ring window cut in half, or just remove it entirely.

Change Freeze Ignition to cut down SP cost drastically. Maxing that skill should require 2-5 SP at the most. An alternative would be to replace it with a Freeze DOT or defense cut, though it still shouldn't cost you 15 SP to make worthwhile.

Exclude/Reduce gain on Zanverse from Wind Mastery buff unless Wide Support is learned (basically TE only gets super Zanverse).

Akero
Apr 10, 2017, 10:26 AM
How about... TMG Weak Bullet Keep

Kintama
Apr 10, 2017, 03:50 PM
Every bow attack is now a just attack, because fuck you all :3

echofaith
Apr 10, 2017, 04:59 PM
Make massive hunter and automate be main class only, or make JA related skills from hunter be main class only.

Honestly, there is almost no reason to sub something different than hunter as a melee, because the damage multiplier is the 2nd strongest(only behind wise, but who uses wise?), is also one of the easiest to use(no need to break, hit element weakness, be always in front/back, etc) and to top of that you get freebies like damage reduction, 0 knockback, automate, and iron will.

Sure, hunter get all those for free for being its innate skills, but when you consider how lacking is hunter compared to the other melees, tanking and being mindless seems like its only appeal. Fighters get a fast weapon action, and LB related skills to PP regen and damage. Braver get Katana combat, and their block actually gives them high DPS, making it better than Hunters. Bouncer gets photon blades(fever and escape), and techniques. All Hunter got lately was the JG charge parry(and the ring, but is one slot per weapon), which while good, is limited to only charged PAs, so it would make sense if MH and automate were main class only.

At the very least, I feel like Fighter should give better multipliers as a sub than Hunter as a sub. Right now, Hunter feels like the worst melee simply because they cant sub Hunter like the other melees /:

クラーダ
Apr 10, 2017, 07:18 PM
Rifle feels the same as Bullet Bows to me. If you aren't using End Attract or Satellite Cannon, you're DPS is suffering immensely. I've seen some players using Sneak Shooter & Parallel Slider-0 a fair bit, but I just don't see how the damage adds up to being even remotely close to EA or SC.
You would be mostly correct on that, the reason for the other PAs is using them when you don't have the time to stand still without getting hit.

Sneak shooter manages to hit fairly hard, like a nonpiercing EA almost, quite rapidly between dodges. Parallel Slider-0 is a combined evasive action and attack. Moves you out of the way much faster than rolling so that you can maintain distance while doing some extra damage on your way to safety, not inherently better than rolls due to lack of invul but situationally superior. So in short they're both a ranger's "Plan B" moves.

Onto the thread topic however i'd really love to give techers a proper bossing option that doesn't hinge on something cheesy and specific like "sub summoner with an allclass tact" because it feels absolutely miserable having to do any kind of solo bossing as a TE.

Some manner of active skill overcharging your wand into temporarily shooting shockwaves with every swing like a certain wand + some wand only PAs perhaps?

final_attack
Apr 10, 2017, 07:28 PM
Ra's bullet skills become stance (or like Wand Lovers) and can be used with all shooting weapon (with some adjustment for the skill itself and for each weapon type) :wacko:

KazukiQZ
Apr 10, 2017, 08:38 PM
^I like that idea.

Bullet Stance: Normal ranged attack gives 1% (or 5%?) damage multiplier to the spot it attacks (maximum of 50-100% damage multiplier). Attacked target point will have WB icon, and disappear after 15 secs passes (maybe less, like 5-10 secs, since attacking with normal attack will reset the timer)

Rifle/TMG has 3 bullets per normal attack, each give 5% multiplier, so total of 15% with each normal attack. Bow under Rapid Shoot can have the same effect as well too.
Launcher will have lesser benefit from it, but it's still there

swapping weapon won't make the WB marker go away, so bringing a rifle/tmg to build up multiplier can be a good idea.

OR
The WB effect is already set from the first normal attack, but different from each weapon. Like rifle will have the biggest multiplier, then launcher second, followed by GS, TMG, Bow.

Similar idea would be Chain Stance for Gunner, where attacking the same spot gives you damage bonus that increase over time

More:

Melee class gaining Super attack (example would be Stargazer from pso2TA lol)
Ranged class can get a AIS-like laser cannon that deals around 1/5 of the original AIS laser, or something.

^This is more to balance on what Force has, Compound Techs.

Altiea
Apr 10, 2017, 08:44 PM
Ranged class can get a AIS-like laser cannon that deals around 1/5 of the original AIS laser, or something.

That was the whole idea behind Sphere Eraser, actually. Except the PP drain is ass and it's underpowered without L/L Non Weak Bonus.

Tenlade
Apr 11, 2017, 12:33 AM
Techer: give it an uncharged tech boost skill, make it so it doesn't stack with the current ones on weapons to avoid it becoming completely broken.
between zondel>wand smack, and its pp regen skills techer just has a boatload of pp, but never gets to use them itself since wand whacking costs 0. A playstyle of just massively gaining pp and draining it just as fast with uncharged tech spam could be a decent method of dps for the class when not healing or doing support.

summoner: huge diminishing returns on maron detonations done to the same boss/enemy.

Altiea
Apr 11, 2017, 12:45 AM
Techer: give it an uncharged tech boost skill, make it so it doesn't stack with the current ones on weapons to avoid it becoming completely broken.
between zondel>wand smack, and its pp regen skills techer just has a boatload of pp, but never gets to use them itself since wand whacking costs 0. A playstyle of just massively gaining pp and draining it just as fast with uncharged tech spam could be a decent method of dps for the class when not healing or doing support.

summoner: huge diminishing returns on maron detonations done to the same boss/enemy.

I think the problem is that trying to create a boost for an attack type that already has boost Skills/Pots but trying to make them not stack with each other is hard. There aren't too many uncharged Techs worth casting anyways, unless you like playing Super Duper Lawnmower Online 2.

pkemr4
Apr 11, 2017, 02:37 AM
give gunner the ring ranger has for weakbullet but for chain trigger. god do i hate hitting a part of a boss i didnt intend to hit

oratank
Apr 11, 2017, 04:59 AM
change backhand smash to this
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5H5ZBtPgm0[/SPOILER-BOX]

Evangelion X.XX
Apr 11, 2017, 05:46 AM
Give Knuckles a Kamehameha Wave PA, or make RNG Meteor Fist craft-able into something like it.

yoshiblue
Apr 11, 2017, 06:34 AM
Buff Bouncer/ Nurf Force / Pats on the back for Braver.

I'd nurf all technique values with the trade off being that all techniques can be charged like Namegid for 3x their damage on burst. Basically you have to charge to do damage. Bouncer in turn can get a skill that returns techniques to their previous form and values, and can call it Rune or Quick Casting. Techer can retain all original support tech values and have no need to charge them.

And to Braver, a boot to the head.

Zephyrion
Apr 11, 2017, 07:25 AM
The only idea I got long ago for TE that wouldn't kill any TE combination would be a skill working like this

Wand Tech Conversion : trigger the skill, then either whack or use a tech : if whack, Techs will become unusable for a limited time but in return, wand melee will be drastically more powerful during that time. if you use a tech, you just reverse that. Would allow both casting and melee TEs to greatly improve their damage in their strong area, while giving a handicap that is notable enough to not just be popped willy-nilly (and of course the tech increase would be inferior to melee increase to avoid the tech sides of thing to become too OP)

Altiea
Apr 11, 2017, 08:52 AM
What about... L/Wand Stance Up? You know, like how TMGs have a Stance Up Ring that gives them a ridiculous boost to Ranged damage? There could be a L/Wand Stance Up ring that does that, but for Wand, and the boost is for Striking/Tech.

Ziel
Apr 11, 2017, 09:06 AM
Make standing snipe and moving snipe into 1 skill, make it happen regardless if you move or stand still, no delay or wait time to apply bonus (so much for "fast paced action rpg").

2x the weakpoint damage if applied to weakpoint, normal "weakpoint bonus" multipliers if hit everywhere else.

Make WB jam apply to other people, own wb damage is unerfed.

Remove 3/4 charge time from EA/SC reduce windup from Sphere Eraser and double the ticks per PP comsumption, make it so you can spam PP burgers while channeling the effing lazor and make turning speed while firing at least 50% faster.

Maybe then i would hit 999999 like these rainbow bunny plush carrying chain triggering Su people and not be ashamed of averaging in dem parsers.

Zephyrion
Apr 11, 2017, 10:31 AM
What about... L/Wand Stance Up? You know, like how TMGs have a Stance Up Ring that gives them a ridiculous boost to Ranged damage? There could be a L/Wand Stance Up ring that does that, but for Wand, and the boost is for Striking/Tech.

I'm not really fond of that way because, like it did for GU/RA, every non stance class will be shafted with this, which means TE/GU, TE/SU and TE/FO will all disappear, which is kinda stupid.
Besides we have enough unconditional damage up already, and TE would need ridiculous multipliers to make it a worthy bossing class, and giving them unconditionally just sounds wrong. I'd like something that gives a substantial boost, but that boost comes with a price (what I proposed would be if you melee, you can't support and if you tech, you'll have to manage PP well and deal with stuff coming at melee range differently)

Moffen
Apr 11, 2017, 11:55 AM
Oh boy here we go,somewhere i can shitpost in peace.

-Give wands PAs
-Gives Jetboots access to compounds with a jet boots specific JA compound damage boost.
-Remove guard stance only lock on guard stance skills.
-Add L/Bow Nonweakbonus for weak stance.
-Reduce rapid boost cooldown from 90s to 30s.
-Buff the PP gain for partisan normal attacks and extend their AoE.
-Omnidirectional Wired lance grappling.
-Give rifle access to twice chain
-Reduce chain triggers multipliers for weapons that arent TMGs/Rifle
-Remove or reduce vinto gear reset,buff its damage when not used with shift action and extend the AoE of the blast.
-Launcher PP gain to 5-5-8pp per shot.
-Elemental burst status effect proc chance buffed to 50%.
-Omnidirectional aiming for Ein Raketan Type-0,able to fire all three blades from the shot together.
-Remove early hitstop of reganschlag,buff its travel time,reduce its PP cost
-Add L/GunslashSwitchParry

Thats about it.
Oh and R̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶r̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶l̶y̶

Bonus round: PA colour effects match element colour.
Rod projectile resembles rod element.
Slightly increase maximum breast size.

Game fixed.

Selphea
Apr 11, 2017, 12:11 PM
Calm down Selphea, we all know you're the bestest Bo/Gu in da whole wide world

Jet Boots are already slow enough without Chain :'D (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF2XN-p9HXM)

Anyway, every livestream I hope against hope that they finally overhaul skills. The more SPs they throw at the current trees, the more bloated it becomes. If I had to summarize each class, besides weapon proficiencies granted at level 1, it'd look like:

One big source of passive damage like a Stance or Weak Hit Advance
One smaller source of damage like Tech Arts JA, Shifta Air, Perfect Keeper, Standing Snipe
One activated class skill like Massive Hunter, Weak Bullet, PBF, Chain
One utility skill like APPR, Flash Guard, JR Cover, PP or HP Restorate

If they balanced each option against each other, made them less weapon specific and cut it down to like, pick 2 of each by level 80, that would make things a lot simpler. To the point where players won't do things like max out Aptitude Up and wonder why they're not doing damage. And it would open options up alot too.

Ryutensei
Apr 11, 2017, 12:16 PM
- Make a Vinto Type-0 that charges for gear like Kazan
- Improve Distraction Wing's hitbox to where the dash stops on collision and reduce that horrid 25 pp cost or buff damage (expensive af gap close)
- Kestrel-0 needs either a speed up of animation, a reduction in pp OR no gear consumption
- Immortal Dove-0 sizable shockwaves for gear consumption *per bar*
- Starling Fall-0 with shrapnel that home on nearby targets
- 1.5 multi for elemental stance
- Justice Crow has gravity well effect or high status proc rate similar to elemental burst.

MightyHarken
Apr 12, 2017, 12:46 AM
Oh boy here we go,somewhere i can shitpost in peace.

-Give wands PAs
-Gives Jetboots access to compounds with a jet boots specific JA compound damage boost.
-Remove guard stance only lock on guard stance skills.
-Add L/Bow Nonweakbonus for weak stance.
-Reduce rapid boost cooldown from 90s to 30s.
-Buff the PP gain for partisan normal attacks and extend their AoE.
-Omnidirectional Wired lance grappling.
-Give rifle access to twice chain
-Reduce chain triggers multipliers for weapons that arent TMGs/Rifle
-Remove or reduce vinto gear reset,buff its damage when not used with shift action and extend the AoE of the blast.
-Launcher PP gain to 5-5-8pp per shot.
-Elemental burst status effect proc chance buffed to 50%.
-Omnidirectional aiming for Ein Raketan Type-0,able to fire all three blades from the shot together.
-Remove early hitstop of reganschlag,buff its travel time,reduce its PP cost
-Add L/GunslashSwitchParry

Thats about it.
Oh and R̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶r̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶l̶y̶

Bonus round: PA colour effects match element colour.
Rod projectile resembles rod element.
Slightly increase maximum breast size.

Game fixed.

There's already a skill for this, it's called average stance and it gives 35% damage on non weak points.

MightyHarken
Apr 12, 2017, 01:26 AM
Oh boy Here we go!

Buff Ranger:
*Add passive force field skill that breaks upon receiving 3 hits. (recharges after 10 seconds)
*Replace weak bullet with "Power charge". Main class skill; Gives RIFLE 250% damage for 5 seconds. 4 charges at lv 10. 90 second cooldown.

Buff Hunter:
Add Sword PA: Execute. Hunter holds sword downward and muscles up for one final blow. *Mechanic* You need to press the x button repeatedly to gather strenght* each time the button is pressed adds 500% power to execute (up to 12 times) = 6000% power. (loses 50% of damage if used repeteadly)

Nerf Braver:
Complete removal of invincibility skill.
Buff average stance main skill to 25% instead of 15%. Giving a total 45% damage (by adding the averange charge buff ofc)

Altiea
Apr 12, 2017, 02:32 AM
Oh boy Here we go!

Buff Ranger:
*Add passive force field skill that breaks upon receiving 3 hits. (recharges after 10 seconds)
*Replace weak bullet with "Power charge". Main class skill; Gives RIFLE 250% damage for 5 seconds. 4 charges at lv 10. 90 second cooldown.

Buff Hunter:
Add Sword PA: Execute. Hunter holds sword downward and muscles up for one final blow. *Mechanic* You need to press the x button repeatedly to gather strenght* each time the button is pressed adds 500% power to execute (up to 12 times) = 6000% power. (loses 50% of damage if used repeteadly)

Nerf Braver:
Complete removal of invincibility skill.
Buff average stance main skill to 25% instead of 15%. Giving a total 45% damage (by adding the averange charge buff ofc)

Nova already did the force field idea with the Reflect Aegis GA, except as a Rifle Art. It actually made Rifle broken as shit, because it essentially just lets you facetank all projectile attacks (because it kinda nullifies projectiles, including giant rockets 10x your size) and camp in a corner while spamming Glory Rain (which is also really overpowered until post-game) until everything's dead.

reinforcers
Apr 12, 2017, 04:27 AM
buff ranger: add more power to Power Bullet, longer activation on Massive Bullet, add fast charge skill for ranger PA, Non Weak Bonus skill ring also work for rifle

buff hunter: additional Flash all guard, add Hate Generator skill

FantasyHeaven
Apr 12, 2017, 05:15 AM
Add photon arts to wand, simple as that

Remove summoner from the game

[Ayumi]
Apr 18, 2017, 09:37 PM
Buff Ranger/Gunner:
Make them one class and just naming it ranger, which naturally give the ability of weak bullet and weapon switching from rifle to launcher and/or mechs will not take away from weak bullets.
Adding new weapons like crossbows and shotguns/spread as well.

Buff Force:
More raw power. Force is too weak.

Nerf Braver:
Decrease it's damage by 75%. Add a 2nd circle you need to Just Attack for each attack before you can do your maximum... 75% decrease damage.

Buff Fighter:
Give it blocking.

reinforcers
Apr 19, 2017, 12:46 AM
;3418935']Buff Ranger/Gunner:
Make them one class and just naming it ranger, which naturally give the ability of weak bullet and weapon switching from rifle to launcher and/or mechs will not take away from weak bullets.

there is a way to do that by taking Bullet Keep, special bullet will not unloaded while switching weapon

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 12:48 AM
there is a way to do that by taking Bullet Keep, special bullet will not unloaded while switching weapon

Problem is that Bullet Keep is Main Class Only, which means you'll still lose your WB when switching over to TMGs, which hampers GU/RA a ton.

Moffen
Apr 19, 2017, 12:53 AM

Buff Force:

Nerf Braver:
Decrease it's damage by 75%. Add a 2nd circle you need to Just Attack for each attack before you can do your maximum... 75% decrease damage.

Buff Fighter:
Give it blocking.

>Force is too weak
Sub a class with actual multipliers then.
Fi exists.

Unless you're using Te elements.
Fo/Te exists for that too.

reinforcers
Apr 19, 2017, 01:01 AM
Problem is that Bullet Keep is Main Class Only, which means you'll still lose your WB when switching over to TMGs, which hampers GU/RA a ton.

well basically they want to make RA better at dps not just supporting fire, bullet keep + power Bullet combo, GU is already good enough on its own. if bullet keep ever remove the "main class only" then I guess Element Conversion better remove that too

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 01:32 AM
well basically they want to make RA better at dps not just supporting fire, bullet keep + power Bullet combo, GU is already good enough on its own. if bullet keep ever remove the "main class only" then I guess Element Conversion better remove that too

I'm just saying, it wouldn't kill them to let TMGs also gain the effect of Bullet Keep. There's a reason why GU/RA is dead in the water.

reinforcers
Apr 19, 2017, 01:40 AM
I'm just saying, it wouldn't kill them to let TMGs also gain the effect of Bullet Keep. There's a reason why GU/RA is dead in the water.

yea, actually I want that too. that going to make GU/RA better, since they need one another before (still remember the 1st episode which need RA to unlock GU) but going separate ways then

Ryuhou
Apr 19, 2017, 07:50 AM
Yeah, bullet keep for TMG, but make CT tmg only. Making gura more viable but keeping ct from such absurd burst damage. And considering how CT is like 30 seconds cd only and can get even lower with high chains, that is a lot of damage.

Shadowstarkirby
Apr 19, 2017, 12:36 PM

Buff Force:

Nerf Braver:

Buff Fighter:
Give it blocking.

I'm all for bullet keep working on TMG and Gunslash, but combining Ra and Gu...they play much differently from one another, that'd make as much sense as combining Hu and FI together.

Fo is easily one of the strongest classes in the game, if not the most versatile of them all. Some of it's techs suck, but the ones that don't are stupidly strong when combined with Fo/Te's ridiculous sustain. Also, Compound Techs.

Br doesn't need any nerfs, it needs buffs, across both weapons, the number of PAs a Br/Hu can use is so few; you don't need more than one weapon palette for each to have all the PAs you need for Katana and Bow. The class is just 90% Gurren spam, and only just recently did it get a DPS rotation that's actually decent, via Sakura-0 > Gekka, and even then, it's hard to sustain for long cause Katana's PP recovery is so garbage, to the point you need to keep track of where you are in your PA rotation to make sure you get the 3rd normal attack.

Fi already has blocking in the form of parries.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 12:37 PM
Phantasy Star Nova already tried combining RA and GU. It was... interesting, although Rifle tends to take precedence over TMGs because of how utterly broken Rifle is. It didn't have Launcher or special Bullets, though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 19, 2017, 03:50 PM
Nerf: Gu- remove CT
Buff: Br- banish arrow for katana

Legen
Apr 19, 2017, 04:09 PM
Braver/Bouncer Mag having a 100% Dex-to-Atk conversion, being innately learned by the respective classes, and also converting equipment Dex into (non-base) Atk. Maybe rename the skill to "Braver/Bouncer Dexterity" or "Braver/Bouncer Aptitude" while you're at it, and make them not stack with each other effect to prevent potential balance issues with Br/Bo and Bo/Br.

Pros: Dex affixes having actual value, Hunters and Fighters having lower cost affixing S-atk due to lower demand, Dex-based hybrid classes actually playing around Dex and having more flexibility to play hybrid with katana/bow and striking/tech damage.
Cons: Bravers and Bouncers having to reinvest on affixing and feeding a mag to play optimally.

Gunner: CT now applies the 999,999 dmg cap to any damage not coming from a TMG, Rifle or Gunslash (a.k.a. not from Gunner's innate weapons).
Pros: no need to have the 999,999 cap be applied to everyone due to br/gu and su/gu shenanigans.
Cons: Gunner being weaker as a subclass.

escarlata
Apr 20, 2017, 07:37 AM
Ep5 rebalance wish list:
Fi:
Reduce PP cost of BHS to 32-36, make Flash Thousand and Pendulum more rewarding to use compared to shorter PAs. Make RNG Fist like Skewer T0.
Make Kamaitachi Wind Parry give back 1 gear when successful, make Fake Capture more reliable to land.
Change the kick-back on Symphonic Drive into a stationery stab like last hit of Facet Pholia or Orchestra.
PPC ring to be counted as a status

Ra:
New skill/rework Moving Snipe, to a portion of SS bonus if it is attained midway through a PA
Reduce WB multiplier, buff Power Bullet by the same percentage and remove duration to compensate for the loss.
Make WB count as a stance and let Bullet Keep carry over to TMG and GS

Gu:
Make Messiah Time great again, give it the IF T0 treatment so you can TAJA into it to skip the dive forward.
Make Aerial Advance less situational

Fo:
Each element can only charge up to half a full Compound bar. Compound Techs can now be used with a half-full bar, but only at 40% its original notation. Buff some less commonly used Techs.

Br:
Remove both Stance Ups, change Stance Crit into Stance Charge 2, increase the bonuses of all Stance Charges from 110% to 115% (basically make charged PA stronger than they already are and uncharged ones like Pene spam, and Guren weaker)

Ryuhou
Apr 20, 2017, 08:01 AM
Actually I'd like if the 999,999 damage cap applies to everything. Add a total cap for Compound techs. Could even be good if it's possible to deal 999,999 damage with the first hit and 0 (or 1) with the others, this way you could cancel early and still get max damage. Certainly convenient if you have to dodge.
Most of the bs in the game is a consequence of some builds being op as hell. Not just things like Maggy being limited to 4 runs per ship, but the entire point of final bosses being so damn annoying and frustrating to fight cause they only take damage a few seconds at a time is to prevent setup for op damage.

Sega being too lazy to fix op builds is literally ruining the entire game. It's great to squeeze out high damage with specific builds, but if you can deal too much damage it's stupid as hell.

I mean, Ra now got the WHA ring for launcher to not even bother with actual weakpoints. 100% with ra's absurd multipliers is stupid. But it doesn't apply to rifle. WTF? Sega needs to add a ring for rifle or extend the ring to also work with rifle, but cut the power down to 30-50% damage.

Also do something about annoying fi stance, they are no fun to use. And needing a dedicated LB build to make that worth using and not to mention 25% hp is no fun either.
Change the stances to be half the boost if you attack from the wrong side, i.e. 25% damage if you use brave and attack from behind and 36% damage if you use wise and attack from the front.
Also change LB to set max hp to 50%. I don't use it much myself but most of the time I see LB fighters, they end up as corpses not much later.

Altiea
Apr 20, 2017, 10:35 AM
Actually I'd like if the 999,999 damage cap applies to everything. Add a total cap for Compound techs. Could even be good if it's possible to deal 999,999 damage with the first hit and 0 (or 1) with the others, this way you could cancel early and still get max damage. Certainly convenient if you have to dodge.
Most of the bs in the game is a consequence of some builds being op as hell. Not just things like Maggy being limited to 4 runs per ship, but the entire point of final bosses being so damn annoying and frustrating to fight cause they only take damage a few seconds at a time is to prevent setup for op damage.

Sega being too lazy to fix op builds is literally ruining the entire game. It's great to squeeze out high damage with specific builds, but if you can deal too much damage it's stupid as hell.

I mean, Ra now got the WHA ring for launcher to not even bother with actual weakpoints. 100% with ra's absurd multipliers is stupid. But it doesn't apply to rifle. WTF? Sega needs to add a ring for rifle or extend the ring to also work with rifle, but cut the power down to 30-50% damage.

Also do something about annoying fi stance, they are no fun to use. And needing a dedicated LB build to make that worth using and not to mention 25% hp is no fun either.
Change the stances to be half the boost if you attack from the wrong side, i.e. 25% damage if you use brave and attack from behind and 36% damage if you use wise and attack from the front.
Also change LB to set max hp to 50%. I don't use it much myself but most of the time I see LB fighters, they end up as corpses not much later.

L Non Weak Bonus exists specifically because Launcher is pretty terrible when compared to Rifle in terms of sheer DPS.

Ryuhou
Apr 21, 2017, 05:52 AM
Oh. I haven't really done ra and especially launcher since ep 2 when it was really strong.

Still, I want the ring for Rifle, not 100% cause that would be op but 35-40%, that sounds reasonable. While still giving people with good aim a major advantage it would allow people with terrible aim like me to still do decent damage.

Moffen
Apr 22, 2017, 04:11 AM
Can we do hard mode?

You cant buff/nerf a class you know nothing about?
Half these ideas are genuinely stupid lmao.

Terrence
Apr 22, 2017, 08:20 AM
❤❤❤
[SPOILER-BOX]http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2/ewh2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Vatallus
Apr 22, 2017, 10:23 AM
Can we do hard mode?

You cant buff/nerf a class you know nothing about?
Half these ideas are genuinely stupid lmao.

Could of sworn that was the point of this topic.