PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 Update: Super Hard Raid Boss: Deus Esca Gracia

Pages : [1] 2

sparab
Apr 16, 2017, 02:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TK9enHQ.jpg

"Judgement has come! Behold the sword to rapture earth and sky -- ENUMA ELISH!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[New Raid Boss: Deus Esca Gracia]

After May 10, you can play an additional challenge raid after clearing a Deus Esca Zephyrus raid.
This 4 player EQ is a direct confront with the more powerful Deus Esca Gracia.

* This quest appears 30 minutes after Zephyrus raid like DF raids. Only the character who cleared Zephyrus can play the rematch.
* Entrance requirement is 80/80.
* Quest will fail upon the 5th party death.
* Garcia has same attack pattern as Zephyrus but hits harder.
* Garcia only have 40% (original?) Zephyrus health but resists all attacks by 50%.
* Disconnect penalty still applies.
* You can retry the quest upon failure, within 30 minutes of course.

Clifford weapon can drop from this quest and at least 2 clifford fuses can be acquired per clear.
However, Genesis weapon will not drop and Gracia kill does not increase your collection sheet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/q5luFpJ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

[New Raid Boss! Phantom Creator: Deus Esca Zephyrus]

Upon the phantom continent in Pacific Ocean, Deus Esca Zephyrus awaits atop the skyhigh world tree.
Defeat the false god to prevent world reformation!

Much like yamato raid, the quest begins with a map where you advance through Deus Esca Zephyrus' angel minions. Use dash panels to evade attacks from Deus Esca Zephyrus!

Deus Esca Zephyrus is protected by multiple dragon heads. You will fights three of these heads in the beginning and more will spawn as the battle progresses.
The stage will enter stratosphere at climax where Deus Esca Zephyrus enters the battle himself. Beware his many 4-digit damage attacks!

Angel mobs are only weak to dark but Deus Esca Zephyrus is weak to both light and dark. In this quest your max damage is capped at 999,999.

[Genesis/Clifford Series]

In this raid you can acquire genesis weapons from drop and collect sheet! These weapons have three [s]garbage unique potentials:

1. Increase damage to Dudu and Monica by 10% Increase success rate by 10% when affixing this weapon.
2. Heal Party members a small amount every 30 seconds (stackable) and increase Party members' damage by a small fraction (cannot be stacked).
3. Doubles the effect of Status affixs, excluding percentage affixs. (Requires "special item" to unlock)

Genesis weapons can also be upgraded to Clifford weapons with 120 Clifford Fuse. You can acquire 1 Clifford Fuse per clear.
Clifford weapons have the exact stats and potentials as Genesis weapon and can be downgraded at no costs.

Genesis units also drop from the quest.

[New Pet: Rappy]

Deus Esca Zephyrus has a slim chance of dropping *13 Rappy Eggs. This pet is fully voiced and extremely powerful at lv 120.
Clear Pietaro's Rappy client order to receive *10 exp eggs!

[*14 Weapons, One More!]

Defeat Deus Esca Zephyrus and play the lottery for some non-existed weapons! These new *14 weapons drop with 60 element/35 grind cap and possess unique potentials like no other!

Tact: Auto apply pet sympathy. Tact attack during alter ego fires a megid-like projectile.
Wand: Increase speed of step and step attack. Fires a shockwave at third swing.
D.Saber: Increase attack range of gear whirlwind and make it red.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 16, 2017, 03:40 AM
"Clifford"

Not sure you're just trolling/intentional or you really don't know how thing is spelled

"If total death number reaches 5 the quest is failed"

Oh boy i can imagine people start raging and blaming each other for dying too much. Nice attempt to toxify the community even more segac.

kurokyosuke
Apr 16, 2017, 03:52 AM
I can't tell if the translators are avoiding it on purpose, or if they don't see the name similarity to Sephiroth. Also, why did the 'o' turn into a 'u'?

Poyonche
Apr 16, 2017, 04:08 AM
Clifford
[SPOILER-BOX]http://cdn2.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/NFE_Landscape/2012/05/clifford_happy_a_l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aren't the 14* supposed to drop from the TD EQs ?

Altiea
Apr 16, 2017, 04:11 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://cdn2.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/NFE_Landscape/2012/05/clifford_happy_a_l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aren't the 14* supposed to drop from the TD EQs ?

14s will be added to the TD drop pool, but they'll also drop from Deus ESC-A, Mother, PD, and Falz.

Selphea
Apr 16, 2017, 04:18 AM
Eww even Revolutio is better than this.

morkie
Apr 16, 2017, 04:48 AM
so 12* units only worth to get,
rip potential...

looks only good to collect excube...

Altiea
Apr 16, 2017, 04:59 AM
It's probably their attempt at making another Pot that isn't straight up "have more damage", which is fairly bland, but without a damage pot, it would need some damn good stats to make up the difference, and that 2x affix Pot isn't going to cut it.

loafhero
Apr 16, 2017, 07:11 AM
Wait, so Qliphad Fuses don't drop from Zephyros after breaking the red crystal? It can only be obtained after getting a quest clear and its just only one Fuse?

sparab
Apr 16, 2017, 07:18 AM
Wait, so Qliphad Fuses don't drop from Zephyros after breaking the red crystal? It can only be obtained after getting a quest clear and its just only one Fuse?

I just assumed most people would break the crystal before leaving the quest. By default You get 1 fuse per clear (not sure if rank matters).

Best bet to get clifford is to wait for 4 player version.

ews1114
Apr 16, 2017, 08:37 AM
a new series no one will use besides for affix fodder

Tymek
Apr 16, 2017, 01:41 PM

Why do you think they're red?

loafhero
Apr 17, 2017, 12:52 AM
Why do you think they're red?

Ow, my childhood.

BlueCast Boy
Apr 18, 2017, 07:07 AM
those fashion update looks trendy, also rest in peace Easter EQ 2017 will not exist welp hard to get Empe Rappy for a while...

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 18, 2017, 08:48 AM
[Genesis/Clifford Series]

In this raid you can acquire genesis weapons from drop and collect sheet! These weapons have three garbage unique potentials:

1. Increase damage to Dudu and Monica by 10% Increase success rate by 10% when affixing this weapon.
2. Heal Party members a small amount every 30 seconds (stackable) and increase Party members' damage by a small fraction (cannot be stacked).
3. Doubles the effect of Attack affixs on this weapon.

Genesis weapons can also be upgraded to Clifford weapons with 120 Clifford Fuse. You can acquire 1 Clifford Fuse per clear.
Clifford weapons have the exact stats and potentials as Genesis weapon and can be downgraded at no costs.

Genesis units also does not drop from the quest.

So if I'm understanding this correctly....

Potential 1 would be used to better affix the weapon itself.

Once desired affix are established you'd pick the other two:

Have the more support based Potential that can stack a Resta like heal every 30 seconds..... and buff party members (not stackable)

or...

go full DPS and double w/e attack affix you have on. Which assume only affects stuff like Power,Tech, Shoot.
So if you had 150 Atk from affix the potential would push it to 300?

If it works that way on paper how dramatic increase is that?

Arada
Apr 18, 2017, 09:33 AM
Not very dramatic. More like dramatically underwhelming.

final_attack
Apr 18, 2017, 09:38 AM
go full DPS and double w/e attack affix you have on. Which assume only affects stuff like Power,Tech, Shoot.
So if you had 150 Atk from affix the potential would push it to 300?

If it works that way on paper how dramatic increase is that?

Well, should be depends on class-combo or weapon-type ...... some might go with 4k Atk (buffed) ......
Though should normally it's around 3k .... I guess around 5% (can be a bit more or a bit less) with 150 Atk affix .....

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 18, 2017, 09:45 AM
Well, should be depends on class-combo or weapon-type ...... some might go with 4k Atk (buffed) ......
Though should normally it's around 3k .... I guess around 5% (can be a bit more or a bit less) with 150 Atk affix .....

That sounds sort of minuscule considering that most newer 13* average 12% + Attack passively and that would be only a 5% increase (If using 150 atk as an example) if that's all the potential does.

Of course it's all speculation. On paper though doesn't sound like its all worth it....unless of course the base attack on each weapon was stupid high by comparison lol

Vatallus
Apr 18, 2017, 09:58 AM
As funny as it would be to potentially pass 5k t atk as Fo/Te I'm pretty sure that one pot is actually god awful.

Loveless62
Apr 18, 2017, 10:09 AM
Actually, the blog post on Bumped about the third potential states "Doubles the effect of Special Abilities (ATK / DEF )" implying that it at least affects DEF as well as ATK. If it also doubles other stats like PP and HP and affects things like Phrase Weak, then it could be somewhat interesting (academically anyway).

Honestly, though, these weapons need all three potentials combined into one to be at least somewhat compelling.

Or they need stupidly high attack values, and I mean near or above the attack values that known 14*s have, but that probably shouldn't happen in principle.

final_attack
Apr 18, 2017, 10:40 AM
Ah, yes, I believe I also saw it's not only attack affixes ..... in Twitter.
But it might excludes special affixes like PhraseWeak.

If it's indeed doubled attack and Def affixes ....... might be pretty interesting to see "defensive" affixes like Astral Soul (if people can afford it :wacko: )

Still, must wait until it's implemented :D

Zorak000
Apr 18, 2017, 11:11 AM
my crackpot theory is that their SAF will allow you to use the weapon the ability is on for unit affixing.

There would have to be some limitations like Phrase, Sentence, Ultimate Buster, and Another History would be unable to be transferred to a unit; since Soul/Gift/Ex/Phrase/Sentence Receptors cannot be transferred, that still would naturally stop anybody from bringing Lucky Rise and friends over.

They mentioned in an earlier stream that the Aura files redux would make Doom Break more available; but admitted that it would not effect doom break's availability for units, and that they were looking into a means to rectify that. I've just been on the lookout for anything that might actually do that.

that said this is just me making a crackpot theory thinking that there's gotta be something more going on here than they have told us so far; because these weapons seem... underwhelming for an episode final boss...

echofaith
Apr 18, 2017, 11:23 AM
I am really hoping that pot affects most affixes indeed, especially HP and PP. Otherwise, I dont see any saving grace in these weapons. The party buff pot may be super op, but considering most people prefer to remain alone even in EQs, I doubt it will have much demand outside organized mpas.

PokeminMaster
Apr 18, 2017, 01:15 PM
Isn't it be 'Qliphad', in reference to Qliphoth?
[spoiler-box]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiA0ruHzq7TAhUC5oMKHeAVAk8QFggwMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FQlipho th&usg=AFQjCNGmz1jqRSMQcHCkfUEFf1WSCkgAbw&sig2=iYQ4RgtNzhY6PQJsfv49eA[/spoiler-box]
Either way, I don't think I'll pursue any of these weapons; though I will do Sword, Rifle, and Bow just to +35 them I guess

nguuuquaaa
Apr 18, 2017, 02:10 PM
I'm waiting for confirmation on whether the 2nd pot works when used by Friend Partner or not :wacko:
My 2nd character is already a dedicated Shifta bot, and this will make him even better :wacko:

Altiea
Apr 18, 2017, 02:14 PM
Just for shits, I'll get the Qliphad Sword, since I don't have any 13* Swords and I need my Lv. 80 Hunter. Won't be using it otherwise, though, since anytime I play Hunter I just bust out the Dragon Slayer.

Poyonche
Apr 18, 2017, 02:15 PM
Wait there is a thing I didn't understand, does the 2nd pot also works on the weapon wielder ?

Ether
Apr 18, 2017, 02:27 PM
"Genesis units also does not drop from the quest."

What is the point of this quest again?

Altiea
Apr 18, 2017, 02:36 PM
"Genesis units also does not drop from the quest."

What is the point of this quest again?

Gets you Qliphad Units and Qliphad weapons, which can be turned into Zeinesis gear at Zieg for no additional charge.

sparab
Apr 18, 2017, 03:41 PM
Edit: source from g-heaven:

Affix Success +10% only works if Genesis/Clifford is used as the Base.

Potential 3 doubles "status" affix (on this weapon?), excluding percentage ones like phrase weak.

I'm waiting for confirmation on whether the 2nd pot works when used by Friend Partner or not :wacko:

Friend bots cannot trigger their weapon potential/pet candy.

"Genesis units also does drop from the quest." What is the point of this quest again?

Fixed(

Tymek
Apr 18, 2017, 03:46 PM
Gets you Qliphad Units and Qliphad weapons, which can be turned into Zeinesis gear at Zieg for no additional charge.

Why is it that we need BOTH a Zeinesis and Qliphad Fuses for a Qliphad, yet only a Qliphad for Zeinesis?

nguuuquaaa
Apr 18, 2017, 04:05 PM
Friend bots cannot trigger their weapon potential/pet candy.

In short, this season anime is more interesting than PSO2.
Thanks.

Tymek
Apr 18, 2017, 04:27 PM
Man, that new 14* Double Saber is going to go so well with the Red Saber weapon camo.
It's the #1 reason I need it.

Eternal255
Apr 18, 2017, 05:18 PM
Please tell me they didn't turn my favorite weapon in the series INTO A FUCKING WAND? http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Lavis-Cannon.jpg

It better be a double saber or I'm legit gonna quit this game lol

Altiea
Apr 18, 2017, 05:25 PM
Please tell me they didn't turn my favorite weapon in the series INTO A FUCKING WAND? http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Lavis-Cannon.jpg

Lavis Cannon is a Wand.

Make sure to post a ragequit video.

Ezodagrom
Apr 18, 2017, 05:28 PM

It's a wand, and the 3rd attack is a slash wave.

Xaeris
Apr 18, 2017, 05:30 PM
Lavis Cannon was a saber. Gunslashes and wands are the closest thing we have to sabers. Hardly anyone wants to waste a 14*release on a gunslash, thus, Lavis Cannon is a wand. Besides, Double Cannon is already a thing.

D-Inferno
Apr 18, 2017, 05:31 PM
You can always hope for Twin Cannon as a DB.

Tymek
Apr 18, 2017, 05:51 PM
Lavis Cannon was a saber. Gunslashes and wands are the closest thing we have to sabers. Hardly anyone wants to waste a 14*release on a gunslash, thus, Lavis Cannon is a wand

They had PLENTY of other choices for wands, though. Lavis Cannon should've been a Double Saber.

Altiea
Apr 18, 2017, 05:52 PM
They had PLENTY of other choices for wands, though. Lavis Cannon should've been a Double Saber.

But that makes no sense. Double Sabers aren't even remotely close to Sabers in terms of attack animation.

Eternal255
Apr 18, 2017, 05:57 PM
Make sure to post a ragequit video.

I don't know how or why I would do that...?

But that makes no sense. Double Sabers aren't even remotely close to Sabers in terms of attack animation.

Have you not seen all of the sabers that are double sabers in the game already? It should have been a double saber. Hell even red saber can be a double saber camo, and red saber was... a saber.

Moffen
Apr 18, 2017, 06:13 PM
Who cares when nobody here is gonna get any of the new 14*s anyway lmao

Eternal255
Apr 18, 2017, 06:21 PM
I thought the same thing about double cannon when it came out but I ended up getting one of those...

jooozek
Apr 18, 2017, 06:35 PM
double cannon didnt drop 5 times across all ships every week though

Eternal255
Apr 18, 2017, 06:51 PM
It did when it first came out

Altiea
Apr 18, 2017, 07:52 PM
I don't know how or why I would do that...?

It's a joke. Maenara did that when EP4 was revealed.

Asellus
Apr 18, 2017, 08:36 PM
"If total death number reaches 5 the quest is failed"

Oh boy i can imagine people start raging and blaming each other for dying too much. Nice attempt to toxify the community even more segac.

This has monster hunter written all over it, three deaths and it's game over. I played monster hunter on the Japanese servers for sometime and, holy jeez. Of course there are two sides to that story but still, the headaches and near-victory fails that just make you question why you even bother.

This better come with better drop rates.

Altiea
Apr 18, 2017, 08:50 PM
This has monster hunter written all over it, three deaths and it's game over. I played monster hunter on the Japanese servers for sometime and, holy jeez. Of course there are two sides to that story but still, the headaches and near-victory fails that just make you question why you even bother.

This better come with better drop rates.

Except in Monster Hunter, you can try again. Not so much with Deus ESC-A.

Quintuple cart sounds like a weird term.

Xaelouse
Apr 18, 2017, 08:57 PM
Well Monster Hunter doesn't inflate you with so much damage reduction skills, recovery, and mobility. Deus Esca looks slow as fuck too, he'll probably make up for it by being a projectile fest as usual

sparab
Apr 18, 2017, 09:50 PM
For heads up, deus esca has at least 2 mpa wipe attacks.
A hand blast deals 1000-3000(?) damage.
And a sword swipe that hits over 60k. It is used when background turns completely gold in stratosphere phrase.

Flaoc
Apr 18, 2017, 10:08 PM
qliphod/zen weps the new austeres

3rd potential level 3

16% damage (yes 16%)

affix doubler on atk and def (so mod effectively becomes 60 atk)

final_attack
Apr 18, 2017, 10:16 PM
Oh, nice .....
Still, doubling Atk / Def ....... maybe AstralSoul will be much more appealing for safety? .__.

HP / PP also counts for doubler, right?

Flaoc
Apr 18, 2017, 10:17 PM
no its just atk and def.. it wont boost phrase either

final_attack
Apr 18, 2017, 10:19 PM
no its just atk and def.. it wont boost phrase either

Ah, I see.
Thank you :D

morkie
Apr 18, 2017, 10:22 PM
hmm...this is match of 14*?

Flaoc
Apr 18, 2017, 10:26 PM
its effectively the final tier of 13* matching the early 14*'s in power if you affix it good enough

Altiea
Apr 18, 2017, 11:47 PM
Wait, where did we suddenly get the information that Lv. 3 Pot 3 gave +16% damage?

Mattykins
Apr 19, 2017, 12:10 AM
Can someone confirm 16% damage for realzies?

Flaoc
Apr 19, 2017, 12:19 AM
増加効果を2倍にする。威力が12%上昇。
増加効果を2倍にする。威力が14%上昇。
増加効果を2倍にする。威力が16%上昇。

via datamining

Anduril
Apr 19, 2017, 12:23 AM
Ugg, I just finished getting my full set of Astra DBs grinded and affixed...
Well, at least I didn't get around to affixing my Astra JBs with the SAFs I was planning.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 12:23 AM
Oh shit. The Astra power creep is real.

Didn't they say that there was something exclusive to Qliphad that Zeinesis doesn't have, which is why you need to trade in so many Fuses for it? Is Pot 3 exclusive to Qliphad? That would make sense, since just handing you that kind of Potential via Zeinesis coming off of Astra would immediately render Astra a waste of time.

Atmius
Apr 19, 2017, 12:38 AM
I believe it was mentioned that unlocking potential 3 would require 120 cliffard fuses anyway, so it's basically a visual option: 120 fuses to get pot3 (presumably 30/40/50 for 1/2/3), or just flat convert zenesis > cliffard for 120 fuses to get pot3.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 19, 2017, 12:44 AM
Ugg, I just finished getting my full set of Astra DBs grinded and affixed...
Well, at least I didn't get around to affixing my Astra JBs with the SAFs I was planning.

As for me......R.I.P (https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNxksOhCAMANC7cAAoLV8vYwgSNFFLpLMyc_eZt3qv-jynWtQuMuZizHbMys-mp_BTetOduZ-tjGPqypcpIqXuV7tlGptdoOiBMAZKDn00mJFcTMkT5QQUXDJjM oKNQDau8J_1KwDqcXf1_QEOCSVC.cEg5l8DFyWT2_rK5WVcF9d bv0_o?width=1196&height=673) lol

morkie
Apr 19, 2017, 12:45 AM
and 1 fuse reward if you clear this eq
to get the potential level 1
you need 30 times to clear,
seems it takes month to feel that power

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 12:46 AM

Or, you know, if you have access to Gracia, you could just get a Qliphad to drop there.

When you think about it, Qliphad is actually MORE grindy than Austere because PD at least drops up to six Caligula. You get one Fuse per play of Deus.

Poyonche
Apr 19, 2017, 12:52 AM
I was thinking about the Takt... Are those getting a special pot3 ?

LancerFate
Apr 19, 2017, 02:40 AM
20 Deus Esca EQ in schedule xD

morkie
Apr 19, 2017, 03:19 AM
great, looks every week 20 eq have
but on ep5 came, if there is a another raid boss, this will slow us down to collect fuse

arokidaaron
Apr 19, 2017, 03:21 AM
holy shit the rates are abysmal.

sparab
Apr 19, 2017, 06:24 AM
I don't even know what was going on but got 27 cube and 3 fuse for the clear.

That was way too much cinematic!

Vatallus
Apr 19, 2017, 06:25 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/SWl2S4D.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

4 fuse drops. Also seems to drop 11* units because we really needed the same repeat units taking up even more drop pools.

Anduril
Apr 19, 2017, 06:29 AM
I really liked that EQ; it actually felt like a raid and I like that it all transitioned from one part to the next without needing to wait for another teleporter. Having Deus Hunar show up right away also kinda threw me, but I liked it. Also, got only 2 fuses.

oratank
Apr 19, 2017, 06:33 AM
400% rare boost got 1 fuse :/

cheapgunner
Apr 19, 2017, 06:34 AM
The only thing I don't like about the EQ is that the Rappy pet isn't in the CF sheets. Meaning RNG all the way to even get one to drop. Thanks SEGA, give us the wand but not the pet's CF... >.>;

FantasyHeaven
Apr 19, 2017, 06:48 AM
Nothing really new, the running section was nice I guess? Just attack the glowing orb with cinematics everywhere and camera too far up its own ass to really see any of it.

LancerFate
Apr 19, 2017, 06:48 AM
2 fuse here, fuh this was hard, first mpa failed 4 min dps chek.

AsinineWaffle
Apr 19, 2017, 06:51 AM
The EQ is okay, but it's pretty much more of the same while just being much flashier about it. I'm not disappointed with the fight but I'm definitely not amazed. Was 375% RDR boosted and got 3 fuses.

Vatallus
Apr 19, 2017, 06:53 AM
I didn't feel anything from this EQ. Felt kind of like a mess to me. The music wasn't even interesting. Barely passed the DPS check and I thought the MPA was doing fine.

Asellus
Apr 19, 2017, 06:54 AM
Nearly failed my first time, finished with 8 sec to spare. I checked player's gear afterward, fucking HP/PP stackers who forego DPS (fuck off).

Cyber Meteor
Apr 19, 2017, 06:56 AM
Got 3 fuses with 250+100 tri, seems like Torana stones, the number you get is relatively random. Also, titles only gives SG (10,10, 20 SG for 1, 10, 30 kills), i was hoping for some fuses. As for the EQ, my mpa got to the end really fast, like pretty much each phase didn't exceed 2 mins, sometimes it was less than 1 min, there was only when the 5 min to save Earth E-trial came up, there we won with like 40 secs left. So idk, it's pretty well executed on one hand, but it seems like being too strong in that EQ just gives you a glimpse of the fight rather than the fight itself xD. I really liked when Zephyros destroyed the Moon and the effects in the sky playing during the last part of the fight though :D.

Also, the crystal loot place: WTF with the hats on those statues?!!!!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/n6FroDQ.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

SmolNeko
Apr 19, 2017, 06:57 AM
Nearly failed my first time, finished with 8 sec to spare. I checked player's gear afterward, fucking HP/PP stackers who forego DPS (fuck off).

There's more to failing this than "my MPA members had poor gear".
People simply run around like headless chickens dying 24/7, and don't get chance to deal damage. It was the first appearence of the EQ so people aren't gonna be as good as they can be. And hey at least you passed, it took my 2 runs 45 minutes total to fail twice.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 19, 2017, 06:59 AM
Also, the crystal loot place: WTF with the hats on those statues?!!!!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/n6FroDQ.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/field/image/Giant-Easter-Island-Hats.jpg

Someone didnt watch National Geographics I guess <:3c

(chill no offense)

I'm sad that they didn't remix IDOLA The Fanatic Viper, with Yamata no Orochi being there. Missed opportunity there segac. Music is holy shit repetitive on the his last boss form. The Whole New World CODE: DEUS is pretty good.

Suirano
Apr 19, 2017, 07:00 AM
EQ was alright. Very very flashy with Zephyros' attacks. The 5 minute time frame in the final phase was definitely something interesting. This EQ wasn't bad but it didn't feel exciting too much minus Zephyros being super cinematic and flashy. Felt like something was missing.

( No fanatic viper :C unless I didnt hear it or something )

Kintama
Apr 19, 2017, 07:01 AM
Ran on XH blocks, the mpa failed the check twice, Ayyyy

And can someone WHY oh WHY they aren't using THIS masterpiece for the fight?! https://youtu.be/_Envo-tDGyg

nguuuquaaa
Apr 19, 2017, 07:10 AM
I brought TE/HU and Megiverse like no tomorrow.
Finish with more than 30 seconds to spare in the very first run.

The head bridge is quite interesting.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 19, 2017, 07:10 AM
Someone didnt watch National Geographics I guess <:3c

(chill no offense)

I somehow sensed i was missing something, and yeah i didn't watch National Geographic, in my memories they had no hats lol

Zanverse
Apr 19, 2017, 07:14 AM
I knew that there wouldn't be any nod to Fanatic Viper, although there are some nods to the theme that plays during Hitsugi's little speech of hope or whatever during the song. Might need to break down the track and listen to each section individually, since there's a bit going on throughout the song.

youkatei
Apr 19, 2017, 07:16 AM
There's more to failing this than "my MPA members had poor gear".
People simply run around like headless chickens dying 24/7, and don't get chance to deal damage. It was the first appearence of the EQ so people aren't gonna be as good as they can be. And hey at least you passed, it took my 2 runs 45 minutes total to fail twice.

Agreed. Just came back from hiatus so had to stick to XH lines. First time was a mess, people assume this is just another "PSO2" EQ, and try to tank it without even look at the AOE markers on the ground, and dies every second. we failed dps check. Second time we had to do it with 7 people, it was 11 before the EQ listing timer ran out, so some people quit. Surprisingly, as we all know what to do this time, I felt that we made as far as the first time with 12 people. We failed DPS check again, but I don't feel bad because I knew if there was 5 more people, we could pass the DPS check.

This EQ is a step in the right direction if you ask me. It felt more like raid in FF14 than "spam PA and tank with auto-medicine until boss dies". However the music is really lack luster.

Selphea
Apr 19, 2017, 07:17 AM
So the Clifford/Genesis series...

vs Astra, ATK is practically the same, 2x affix boost (assume +150 ATK average) and (114 / 112) = 101.8% damage on top. So it's approximately 6.9% damage vs 40% APPR

vs Gix, ATK is slightly behind. After accounting for attribute, 2x affix boost would be a 60 ATK advantage. It should be slightly behind Gix with full windup.

Not really a sidegrade, maybe a tiny upgrade but not enough to justify regearing IMO

Flaoc
Apr 19, 2017, 07:19 AM
gix is too conditional for the damage and prevents orbit swaps this is always at full power

Selphea
Apr 19, 2017, 07:21 AM
gix is too conditional for the damage and prevents orbit swaps this is always at full power

This is at full power after 3 months of windup you mean :wacko: So you get to enjoy it for maybe half a year before it gets challenged by welfare weapons

loafhero
Apr 19, 2017, 07:29 AM
Kinda wish they cut down on the cutscene transitioning.

First MPA I was in failed the DPS check phase so Earth was blown to smithereens (YAY!) but luckily, most people who failed the 1st time got the idea on how Deus Esca works and so my 2nd MPA attempts was a huge success (killed Deus with 1 minute to spare!). Was worried my RDR and Tri-boosts I used would run out but fortunately, it lasted long enough until the crystal breaking. Note to self; use RDRs and Triboosts immediately after Deus Esca stabs his giant sword into the moon (poor Mother).

My experience: Do not stand around doing nothing but looking at Deus Esca's multiple giant dragon-shaped dicks. Those things are meant to be circumcised cut off as soon as possible and fortunately, they die faster than Mother's Elder rip off arms. Its also possible to lay in some more damage on Deus's core as he drops flames across the field for his hand.

Was super relieved to learn that a few Qliphad fuses do drop from the crystal. Managed to get 3 (which includes the quest clear reward).

Overall, I think I like this raid more than the Mother raid. Aside from annoying transitions to a blank loading screen, the many phase variations and the sense of urgency are pretty fun. Also, I really got a kick out of how Deus Esca starts crying like a little bitch in his final form.

Ryuhou
Apr 19, 2017, 07:48 AM
増加効果を2倍にする。威力が12%上昇。
増加効果を2倍にする。威力が14%上昇。
増加効果を2倍にする。威力が16%上昇。

via datamining
o.O
And here I though it would be just a stupid gimmick that's effectively weaker than astra / austere. Sounds great.
Does anyone have confirmation on what stats exactly are doubled on what type of gear?
Like, what about unit affixes? PP on weapon? etc.

Or, you know, if you have access to Gracia, you could just get a Qliphad to drop there.

When you think about it, Qliphad is actually MORE grindy than Austere because PD at least drops up to six Caligula. You get one Fuse per play of Deus.
"WTF Sega?" is all that comes to mind.
Austere crippled the game for 1.5 years, making power creep grind to a screeching halt. Too much effort to outdate easily and also too much to casually get them for non main classes.
Sega introduced tons new weapons afterwards but only very recently a handful are stronger by more then 3-4%. Considering how updating your main weapon is a big motivation to play, this contributed a lot to many people getting bored and being on hiatus.

And I am pretty sure this now means we get a lot of this eq (meaning much fewer other eqs) so that everyone can farm stones (again) forever to make a new top of the line 13*. While Sega thinks everything is perfect cause of 14*, yet they will continue to be 1 drop per week and at the same pace of introducing 3 weapons every few months.

Considering how Sega refuses to ackknowledge the big issues with the game, let alone fix them, adding new content is the only thing that keeps many people playing and weapons are among the most important type of new content.
Yet this looks like power creep will be halted yet again and things will only get worse.

And yes indeed, if the quest fails with 5 deaths this will easily toxify the community more, especially if this will be the best gear to get and there won't be anything stronger for a long time (disregarding incredibly rare 14* drops) and there won't be much else to do either (fewer new eqs cause if you need 30 runs of the eq it must be common for half a year or more to allow people to get a bunch of Qliphad weapons), so pretty much it's gonna be the one reason or one of the handful reasons for people to login and then they get toxic as hell if it fails.

GJ Sega.

PS: worst case scenario, best case is that it's nearly as bad and 5 deaths only happen if you actually suck as well as Sega makign 14* a lot more common a lot faster tha expected. But I expect it's gonna be much closer to the former.

PPS: not nearly as grindy as austere cause austere was not just a higher eq run count cause usually it's 5-6 caligula + 1-2 nero but also running after more falzes for the remaining nero, spamming uq / using cc for 200 of those stones and even if you could get the above with badges, nothing spared you the torture of ~16 full XQ runs.
Not to mention a truly ridiculous 800 excubes. After spending that many you may very well not have had enough to grind/affix austere. I did almost run out.

Azure Falcon
Apr 19, 2017, 08:14 AM
Same old shit as always, new EQ, game randomly decides to crash on area transition. Guess I won't be running this EQ in fear of getting banned.

jooozek
Apr 19, 2017, 08:16 AM
ok this was boring, first run and cleared with 2 mins left

Vatallus
Apr 19, 2017, 08:19 AM
Cleared with 2 mins left. Only 2 fuse drops this time. I do have a question though. What causes stuns on Deus Esca during the DPS check? He got stunned twice this time vs just once the first time.

Also I still don't feel it. Maybe it is the music? Feels like the first time I've actually said the music during a raid boss in PSO2 was meh.

IchijinKali
Apr 19, 2017, 08:21 AM
First run went rather well I should say. Got two fuses.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/vphv4/3c6b9cce37.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

oratank
Apr 19, 2017, 08:22 AM
just hit him i think like pd stun by break the core :/

SmolNeko
Apr 19, 2017, 08:27 AM
Cleared with 2 mins left. Only 2 fuse drops this time. I do have a question though. What causes stuns on Deus Esca during the DPS check? He got stunned twice this time vs just once the first time.

Also I still don't feel it. Maybe it is the music? Feels like the first time I've actually said the music during a raid boss in PSO2 was meh.

I heard that if you open your door to him he leans on the platform and asks if you have a minute to spare to hear about our lord and savior.

Vatallus
Apr 19, 2017, 08:28 AM
I heard that if you open your door to him he leans on the platform and asks if you have a minute to spare to hear about our lord and savior.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/668/915/cd4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TehCubey
Apr 19, 2017, 08:30 AM
This EQ is great. After clearing it I felt really satisfied, and the final timer gives it a real sense of urgency even if my MPAs easily cleared it both times so far.

I thought people would complain how it's too easy and no challenge, but apparently quite a few folks are having trouble? Either way the amount of salt this generates on some other boards is pretty big.

Raujinn
Apr 19, 2017, 08:49 AM
the pot is 14%, not 16% fyi. The data is wrong.

[Spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/H3jKO0l.jpg[/Spoiler-box]

Taurus83
Apr 19, 2017, 08:53 AM
sad this eq I in fail 2 time

Xaeris
Apr 19, 2017, 08:55 AM
I gotta say, A Whole New World has really grown on me over the years. When it played at the end of Elder's fight way back in the day, I was just thoroughly underwhelmed. Now, when it played toward the end of Deus, I was hyped af. Doesn't matter what sort of majestic calamitous music a boss brings with them; once we got them down to about 30%, it's all, "Imma let you finish, but we Arks bitch."

Kintama
Apr 19, 2017, 09:01 AM
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/16/1492610352-pso20170419-152127-001.png
Yeah, worth it.

Masu
Apr 19, 2017, 09:31 AM
1st impression, boring and confusing af but I may end to like it same way I like Mom eq now (which means, A LOT but took some time). Also sega need to learn about contrast. Blue on blue for Mom and now (piss)yellow on yellow =_= b
I didn't felt sense of urgency some people talked about nor any sense of epicness of any kind :/ Mom and PD are top notch versus Deus.

Also how much HP does Deus have? Because phases change were super fast so I guess it don't have much (?). Bridge is also something new, thankfully a friend warned me about it x)

Poyonche
Apr 19, 2017, 10:35 AM
1st try : Success with 10 secs left

2nd try : Failed at both tries :(

But I like the EQ still !

suzaku0zero0
Apr 19, 2017, 10:49 AM
Im finding so many different translations of the potentials, idk which is real

below's image is different than the one in this thread

http://imgur.com/a/hwKcR41105

Zulastar
Apr 19, 2017, 11:27 AM
So Rappy is drop only... with nerfed SuGu it will be tough

cheapgunner
Apr 19, 2017, 11:41 AM
So Rappy is drop only... with nerfed SuGu it will be tough

Is it only dropped at 13* or can it drop at a lower level like 10-13?

echofaith
Apr 19, 2017, 11:43 AM
Glad to see the pot is actually worth it. Wont be trying this eq until tonight though. Hoping is not as easy to fail considering the amount of runs needed to max each weapon.

Anduril
Apr 19, 2017, 12:26 PM
Glad to see the pot is actually worth it. Wont be trying this eq until tonight though. Hoping is not as easy to fail considering the amount of runs needed to max each weapon.

The only issue is if you fail the 5 minute damage check E-Code at the end. My first run we only finished it with 10 seconds to spare (we had no Ranger), but on the two after, we got it at about 2 minutes left.

RadiantLegend
Apr 19, 2017, 12:36 PM
Just had to bring back stones eh. I hate stone collection.

sparab
Apr 19, 2017, 12:40 PM

They made it Drop only+Stone+Collection Sheet 3 in 1 package to satisfy everybody. What is to complain?

Loveless62
Apr 19, 2017, 12:43 PM
the pot is 14%, not 16% fyi. The data is wrong.

[Spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/H3jKO0l.jpg[/Spoiler-box]
I thought the 2x affix potential was only available on Qliphad...

Is it possible the potential you are showing us is a weaker version since the weapon is still Zephyros?

エリュシオン
Apr 19, 2017, 12:49 PM

Is it possible the potential you are showing us is a weaker version since the weapon is still Zephyros?

Qliphad was referred to as a "Just for looks" upgrade.

echofaith
Apr 19, 2017, 12:51 PM

Inb4 the 16% is the ipad version at level 1 so at level 3 is like 20% :p

So about that damage check, is it like mother where you need to break cubes here and there, or similar to Odin where you just whack at the same target?

RadiantLegend
Apr 19, 2017, 12:57 PM
They made it Drop only+Stone+Collection Sheet 3 in 1 package to satisfy everybody. What is to complain?

Isn't the stone to unlock pot? Or is it for looks and unit upgrade?

Cyber Meteor
Apr 19, 2017, 12:58 PM
So about that damage check, is it like mother where you need to break cubes here and there, or similar to Odin where you just whack at the same target?
Would me more like Odin, but in an E-trial form, you have 5 mins to deplete the last third of his HP, the thing is that target is on Zephyros body and can be out of reach from time to time, and some other times it'll just come to you and stay in place for 5 secs allowing you to deal as much dmg as possible, the boss will keep doing his attacks as before the E-trial. Having said that I realized it was a mix of Odin DPS check and Mother's last part where the core is out while she attacks lol

Mattykins
Apr 19, 2017, 01:00 PM
Can someone clarify? I hear some saying Qliphad automatically has the 2x affix if you change it over, and others saying it does nothing but change the looks.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 01:01 PM
Would me more like Odin, but in an E-trial form, you have 5 mins to deplete the last third of his HP, the thing is that target is on Zephyros body and can be out of reach from time to time, and some other times it'll just come to you and stay in place for 5 secs allowing you to deal as much dmg as possible, the boss will keep doing his attacks as before the E-trial.

Man, I love RNG-based DPS checks. It's like speedrunning.

Will probably try this tomorrow, at any rate. Gotta clear Astra off my Files to make way for Zeinesis.

morkie
Apr 19, 2017, 01:24 PM
since both are same potent, ill go with zenesis
i dont know if qliphad units is worth to get,

Cyber Meteor
Apr 19, 2017, 01:56 PM
Zeinesis units give like 15 atk each and more def (3/3/2% s/r/t resist). Qliphad units that have 35 atk each but def stats are reduced (1/2/1 % s/r/t resist and a bit less def base stats), idk about the HP and PP they give :???:

dingophone
Apr 19, 2017, 01:57 PM
I know at this point it's basically a meme for this forum to be so negative, but jeez. I thought this quest was quite fun, and I think the zeinesis weapons look cool and have an interesting potential. With regards to Astra or Gix, they seem about the same power level (of course I suck at evaluating these things), and I don't really see how this is power creep. Or at least worse than any previous power creep.

Idk I liked the quest and new weapons is all I'm saying.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 19, 2017, 02:02 PM
Some ppl have put Deus ESCA in their top 3 raid bosses, so it seems this EQ is gonna give more mixed opinions :p i personally can't really judge that boss atm because the only run i did went too fast to even have an accurate idea of him xD, we were probably too strong yet we won the DPS check by a few secs mostly because he was keeping his core away from us (god was scared? xD)

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 19, 2017, 02:10 PM
I'll love to get one of the Zienisis weapons my only concern now is which considering I did Mother so much I've literally have 1 or 2 Astra Weps for each of my chars now... (just have to grind them)

Loveless62
Apr 19, 2017, 02:21 PM
Since he is weak to dark element, I am guessing maybe poison causes the stun. Did your MPA have any Fo/Tes casting dark techs?

sparab
Apr 19, 2017, 03:17 PM
Since he is weak to dark element, I am guessing maybe poison causes the stun. Did your MPA have any Fo/Tes casting dark techs?

Deus does not seem to be affected by poison like mother to mirage. You can get one down after breaking all dragon heads and another before the 10% announcement.

reaper527
Apr 19, 2017, 04:24 PM
Is it only dropped at 13* or can it drop at a lower level like 10-13?

looks to be 13* only according to swiki

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%83%94%E3%83%BC%EF% BC%88%E3%83%9A%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%EF%BC%89

Scale of Judgment
Apr 19, 2017, 06:12 PM
So it's been awhile since I've played but did Aliens from outer space just decimate the garden of Eden?

TehCubey
Apr 19, 2017, 06:22 PM
Humans were going to attain a higher level of evolution, but then an army of space waifus and killbots came and ruined it all for phat loots.

Scale of Judgment
Apr 19, 2017, 06:26 PM
Humans were going to attain a higher level of evolution, but then an army of space waifus and killbots came and ruined it all for phat loots.
So Aliens sunk Atlantis after all...

Xaelouse
Apr 19, 2017, 07:08 PM
The quest starts off amazing, then goes straight to shit during the last phases because you spend half the time waiting for Deus Esca to do like 2 of his attacks.

Scale of Judgment
Apr 19, 2017, 07:20 PM
The quest starts off amazing, then goes straight to shit during the last phases because you spend half the time waiting for Deus Esca to do like 2 of his attacks.
Sounds like an innuendo...

Xorrupt
Apr 19, 2017, 08:43 PM
3. Doubles the effect of Status affixs, excluding percentage affixs. (Requires "special item" to unlock)

So, what's exactly the difference between Zenesis and Qliphad? And what's the reason to upgrade using additional 120 fuses? Is that third potential only unlockable in Qliphad?

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 08:46 PM
So, what's exactly the difference between Zenesis and Qliphad? And what's the reason to upgrade using additional 120 fuses? Is that third potential only unlockable in Qliphad?

It's aesthetic. Pot 3 is open for both weapons.

Xorrupt
Apr 19, 2017, 08:55 PM
It's aesthetic. Pot 3 is open for both weapons.

Basically weapon camo grind for months?
Will upgrading Zenesis to Qliphad even maintain its grind level, affixes and potential after?

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 09:06 PM
Basically weapon camo grind for months?
Will upgrading Zenesis to Qliphad even maintain its grind level, affixes and potential after?

Yes. It's like Ray to Union trade.

loafhero
Apr 19, 2017, 10:23 PM
Failing the EQ is frustrating as hell. Best stress reliever I can suggest after an unsuccessful run is, if you happen to have an RDR and/or Tri that still have some time left after the EQ, to go out on a Free Field and grind those bosses the Collection File requires you to kill until your RDR and/or Tri run out.

Saelix
Apr 19, 2017, 10:26 PM
My friend and I made new accounts a month ago so we both got to 75/75 and at least a 13* with potential unlocked so we don't have the special blocks yet but it
s not really possible for us to clear it,there's no way to prevent some scrub with an un-upgraded 12 star appearing and we can't clear the damage check.

We both liked the boss,cutscenes were neat enough,liked the music,and are suckers for Norse mythology nods and the way to CF weapons look.
But yeah can't really enjoy it when you statistically can't clear it.

doomdragon83
Apr 19, 2017, 10:54 PM
I failed the first run and cleared the 2nd one with 5 seconds left...

Sucks being the only RA

GHNeko
Apr 19, 2017, 11:04 PM
the eq is babies.

real eq is the rematch.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2017, 11:13 PM
My friend and I made new accounts a month ago so we both got to 75/75 and at least a 13* with potential unlocked so we don't have the special blocks yet but it
s not really possible for us to clear it,there's no way to prevent some scrub with an un-upgraded 12 star appearing and we can't clear the damage check.

We both liked the boss,cutscenes were neat enough,liked the music,and are suckers for Norse mythology nods and the way to CF weapons look.
But yeah can't really enjoy it when you statistically can't clear it.

Being XH Blocks is suffering. They're almost literally garbage, as much as I dislike hating on specific subsets of players. It's probably a good idea to farm Aura to get into Expert quickly, since you can finish a file in about a day given RDR+ and LQ grinding.

Suirano
Apr 19, 2017, 11:52 PM
Managed to get all 4 runs today and didn't fail any of them. It is a pretty enjoyable EQ the more I do it and the theme is starting to grow on me. So now doing it more times, my biggest dislike is the instant cuts to cutscenes. It keeps making me think my game crashed or something. Overall it is pretty fun and I can't wait to see how Gracia will be.

I also wanna know what Zephyros is yelling at you during the fight.

Madevil
Apr 20, 2017, 12:16 AM

when the first time I saw that I thought: this must be the Deus Esca Poo!!

the new Zenesis and Qliphad things are quite confusing, long story short:

* both Zenesis and Qliphad weapons have identical states settings, if you want the look for Qliphad you'll need a Zenesis weapon and 60 poo to exchange... also, both series need poo to unlock pot 3 (that double op states and extra damage)

* Zenesis and Qliphad units have different states settings, you can stay in Zenesis if you wanna be a tank, or bring another 60 poo to trade Qliphad if you want to be a glass cannon

* I just wanna say poo

sonisei
Apr 20, 2017, 02:42 AM
sega cant make good challenge without time limit dps check :wacko:

Saagonsa
Apr 20, 2017, 03:52 AM
Yes, if there is literally no risk of failure, there is no challenge. I very much doubt people would prefer a max death count for the main non-rematch quest, which is the only other realistic failstate for a raid boss.

echofaith
Apr 20, 2017, 05:35 AM
My first run went smoothly, but thats probably cause I was in a team mpa. I do see why the dps check can be a problem though.
My main issue with adding difficulty to EQs is that because they are time gated, you feel more pressure for failing and having to wait for next schedule instead of just retrying the content. Is even worse when your success relies mostly in the whole mpa instead of just you.

For me, the ideal setup would be keep difficult stuff in solo xq mode and such, maybe 4 players quests. The idea is not having to rely so much in others for it, and being able to repeat it right afterward(put a clear limit if you want too, so you players dont finish content in a single weekend). Like dem, same complain as always, but nowdays you spend more time waiting and camping a block than playing the actual game :/

Moffen
Apr 20, 2017, 05:51 AM
>People upset they're failing a 5min long DPS check due to randoms.

Solution
1.) Do more damage yourself
2.) Stop playing with randoms
3.) Seriously stop playing with randoms

escarlata
Apr 20, 2017, 06:45 AM
So which weapons are the ones unconditionally better than their Astra counterparts? Just Rod, Talis, Wand and Rifle?

doomdragon83
Apr 20, 2017, 07:29 AM
I was happy to see rare units drop but it turns out to be 11* units, 2 of them as well.

Why does Sega have these here when we can get these elsewhere? I don't know.
Nothing like a good demoralizer to start your day.

Vatallus
Apr 20, 2017, 07:43 AM
I finally had a MPA that blew enough chunks to fail the quest. Which is odd because it was on par with every other mpa I've ran for the first minute of the DPS check... Oh well 2nd mpa beat it.

Ryuhou
Apr 20, 2017, 07:45 AM
I cleared with 20 seconds left.
Sega is now actively trying to get people banned.
A new boss eq that is a dps check so you need a decent mpa or you get 0 reward for a quest that is pretty annoying because the usual bullcrap of the boss not giving you more than a few seconds at a time to do damage.
A lot of new content based on clearing the eq, yet without a decent group you can't (and also wasted time and boosters, not to mention the frustration), but even if you see people using crap-tier gear, or notice early on they suck (I saw a lot of deaths right from the start) you cannot try another mpa cause it will get you banned.

And instead of fixing the actual problem of some builds dealing for too high damage if they get the time for setup, Sega rather ruins the entire game by designing all new bosses to be FUCKING ANNOYING and as unfun to fight as possible so that people cannot do damage.

So now Sega has a dps check in the boss eq (pd dps check wasn't a big deal, was easy to avoid it even in the offchance your mpa didn't have the damage) that is extreme and leads to direct fail, but not just makes it impossible for op builds to carry, but also forces us to try finish with leecher groups or get banned.

Sega make a big effort to add new content, but by this they make it crap so it's not much of a reason to actually play. How the fuck can they be so damn shortsighted and stupid? They have decades of experience making games and 5 years of experience with PSO2.

In the first place, Magatsu is kinda the only boss that allows for easy damage setup. Elder frequently moves out of range, Luther frequently teleports, Double is total BS, PD moves out of range every 10-20 seconds, Mother only rarely gets staggered for more than 10 seconds and now Deus Esca is again damageble only rarely.
What the hell do we have these burst damage options for that take so long to setup? For example Katana Combat is 23 seconds, 20 seconds for raising hits and the finish alone takes about 3 seconds (ample time for every to move out of range) and Chain Trigger also takes a while.
Occasionally you can land a full burst damage option but most of the time the boss doesn't take damage by the time you are done or you are unable to finish (like with chain).

That is as unfun as it gets and even worse, makes you actually hate the game because of the constant frustration. And as usual it's to "balance" out the op damage output.
Sega constantly cripple the game far more with every new boss eq instead of simply lowering multipliers for burst damage and keeping bosses fun and not frustrating bs.

But really, the final kick in the balls is failing the deus esca quest if you're damage isn't high enough.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 20, 2017, 07:49 AM
I mean....you're fighting God.......either Vanquish him or fall under his might....

(trying to save the situation lol)

Vatallus
Apr 20, 2017, 07:52 AM
I mean he blows a giant hole into the moon right in front of your eyes, and the chunks blown off just happen to be going straight at Earth. (They would in real life also)

Earth won't survive that.

Masu
Apr 20, 2017, 08:06 AM
Those cutscenes are annoying as fuck. How do I deactivate Alter Ego knowing right after, boss will make a killing blow and that I have not enough time to fucking deactivate it and dodge huh? 3/4 of eq is stroll in park and then it become total bs. I hate this eq from my very heart. No fail of any run so far (4) but dang never thought they could design such thing but hey they did it! BRAVO!

loafhero
Apr 20, 2017, 08:55 AM
Now, that I think about it. How exactly does successfully killing Deus Esca save Earth from the moon chunks? Those chunks are still falling down, aren't they?

KatherineAlexandra
Apr 20, 2017, 09:01 AM
Now, that I think about it. How exactly does successfully killing Deus Esca save Earth from the moon chunks? Those chunks are still falling down, aren't they?

Photons.

blkbox11
Apr 20, 2017, 09:04 AM
Photons.

This.

It's always Photons, son.

oratank
Apr 20, 2017, 09:07 AM
don't forgot your power in ep 1-3

loafhero
Apr 20, 2017, 09:37 AM
Thinking on it more, even though killing Deus somehow prevents the moon from crashing into Earth, Deus still probably succeeded in killing a lot of Earthlings anyway thanks to the tidal effects that are most likely to have occured from the moon being destroyed. Meaning, every time we start another Deus EQ, Deus is actually succeeding in destroying all life on Earth albeit very slowly... Oh, wow. I think I'm in love with this EQ (just not enough to bump it into no.1 of my Top 3 Raid boss. Loser is love)

Photons.

No, no, no. This is still EP4. Its all about dat Aether now.

Speaking of tidal effects. So far, it seems like there are still people who haven't realized that there are actually safe zones to flock to whenever Deus sprouts those unblockable stumps across the field like a wave. Though to be fair, the safe zones are hard to spot.

Dualdiamond
Apr 20, 2017, 09:53 AM
Thinking on it more, even though killing Deus somehow prevents the moon from crashing into Earth.

Isn't the moon made of aether anyway. The moon chunks probably disappear once you kill deus.

It's funny how Esca Falz EQ occurred 2 hours after as if nothing ever happened to the moon. I'm guessing Esca Falz fixes the moon.

We need a free for all brawl between Yamato, Mother, and Deus. Tanks vs Darkers vs Angels.

HentaiLolicon
Apr 20, 2017, 05:24 PM
After ep4, someone deserve to get fired

Neith
Apr 20, 2017, 05:43 PM
Just did it for first time and passed with 20 seconds left (with a bad party). I think the boss has potential but there's a few things that bugged me. The almost constant cutscenes are really jarring and break the flow of the quest. You get blinded halfway up the tree, which is nice.

The Zephyros (not Sephiroth, honest) fight was pretty well presented but he does have some incredibly cheap attacks- the wave of thorns can be pretty difficult to see where the safezones are, and the 1HP + stun attack is just annoying more than anything. In regards to the DPS check at the end, I wouldn't mind it if Zephyros' core was more accessible during it. He likes to do attacks where his main body is nowhere near the player, which just wastes time, and a lot of the time it is accessible he's moving so you're limited as to what PAs you can reliably hit him with.

Not sure how I feel about it overall, it has the potential to be a great raid boss but there's a few things that need addressing before that becomes the case.

millefeuille
Apr 20, 2017, 06:14 PM

To pass the DPS check, the MPA has to hit ~30 million total in 5 minutes. Which isn't bad at all if everyone is properly equipped.

On my end, I've already failed nearly every instance of Esca except that one-odd party where the top 5 contributed nearly 70% of the total damage done with 40 seconds left. But, this is in the Extra Hard blocks, so it's to be expected. Fun times~! :-P

My guess is if enough people complain about it, SEGA will probably lower the DPS requirement; it's really the only thing holding people back from finishing the quest.

Altiea
Apr 20, 2017, 06:50 PM
To pass the DPS check, the MPA has to hit ~30 million total in 5 minutes. Which isn't bad at all if everyone is properly equipped.

On my end, I've already failed nearly every instance of Esca except that one-odd party where the top 5 contributed nearly 70% of the total damage done with 40 seconds left. But, this is in the Extra Hard blocks, so it's to be expected. Fun times~! :-P

My guess is if enough people complain about it, SEGA will probably lower the DPS requirement; it's really the only thing holding people back from finishing the quest.

I think they should just reduce the amount of RNG required. As it stands, you can only smack it as long as he decides to use one of his attacks that exposes his chest, which only comprises like, half his moves. Most competent MPAs can hit the DPS check as is, but it's the fact that the AI can screw you out of finishing that sucks.

sparab
Apr 20, 2017, 07:08 PM
I think they should just reduce the amount of RNG required. As it stands, you can only smack it as long as he decides to use one of his attacks that exposes his chest, which only comprises like, half his moves. Most competent MPAs can hit the DPS check as is, but it's the fact that the AI can screw you out of finishing that sucks.

Deus only has 3 attack patterns during the dps phrase and 2 of the 3 expose its core for more than 5 seconds.

As long as people are properly built/geared and know where the core will land there shouldn't be much issue. Even mother's down time is more RNG than this.

GHNeko
Apr 20, 2017, 07:19 PM

If the MPA has a Te main, the required DPS to beat the phase goes down by a lot. My TeSu managed to pull 10mil damage out of its ass with astra wand zanverse.

millefeuille
Apr 20, 2017, 08:04 PM

More lightning fist smashes please. 8-)

Or shorten the interval between attacks.

Either would be very helpful.

I wish there were more of them, but even a Techer won't guarantee a clear. Not when some players (on the XH blocks) I've seen don't have Astrals or even 13* weapons. So I'm not sure if they missed the CF period or just showed up late, or if they are just super lazy and expect the top 1-5 to carry them (like every Mining Base VR ever).

If the majority of the MPA can barely hit 1 million, no amount of support will help. ^^;

aiMute
Apr 20, 2017, 08:54 PM
top 1-5 to carry them (like every Mining Base VR ever).
Top 1-5 have nothing to do with carry, it has everything to do with (missive blob of) score sluts that contribute little to protecting towers or doing something actually useful.

If the MPA has a Te main, the required DPS to beat the phase goes down by a lot. My TeSu managed to pull 10mil damage out of its ass with astra wand zanverse.
Out of 11 asses you mean.

ThePSOVeteran
Apr 20, 2017, 09:27 PM
My first time ever doing it, I died 10 times due to not being able to follow what is going on on the final fight, but the MPA managed to beat it with 1 minute left and it was still counting down after we were looting oddly enough.One of my 3 party members asked me if I could zanverse, even though I was like one of the main damage dealers with concentrated ragrants III and Umbra Megid shots and gigrants-0 I guess the MPA had no other zanverse provider? I do like 20k+ a hit DPS and big final hits of 140k + with gigrants-0.

GHNeko
Apr 20, 2017, 09:58 PM
My first time ever doing it, I died 10 times due to not being able to follow what is going on on the final fight, but the MPA managed to beat it with 1 minute left and it was still counting down after we were looting oddly enough.One of my 3 party members asked me if I could zanverse, even though I was like one of the main damage dealers with concentrated ragrants III and Umbra Megid shots and gigrants-0 I guess the MPA had no other zanverse provider? I do like 20k+ a hit DPS and big final hits of 140k + with gigrants-0.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong; If no one else is zanversing, it's still a good idea to zanverse yourself as FoTe, even if you dont have wind mastery. It's still a flat 20% boost to MPA damage as long as you place your talis in good spots. And it shouldnt detract from your DPS that much. Doing it right means a net gain in DPS.

loafhero
Apr 20, 2017, 10:04 PM
I think the boss has potential but there's a few things that bugged me. The almost constant cutscenes are really jarring and break the flow of the quest. You get blinded halfway up the tree, which is nice.

Yeah, this is my main pet peeve too about the boss. The sense of flow is messed up because of the cutscene direction which, in a way, makes it a step back from other bosses who had a great sense of flow.

millefeuille
Apr 20, 2017, 10:17 PM
Top 1-5 have nothing to do with carry, it has everything to do with (missive blob of) score sluts that contribute little to protecting towers or doing something actually useful.

From what I remember of Ship 2, I can see why.

In other ships, a lot of them know what they're doing; it's just that a lot of the XH block players really do lack the DPS to kill the monsters or even towers quickly and are reliant on Photon Cannons or A.I.S's to contribute. In MBD-VR, it's usually just me and 1 or 2 other people trying to pretty much do everything, and we're basically the only ones that show up on the scoreboard consistently.

I mean, if it takes 2 people to take down a tower, 4 people to kill an Exoda, and nearly the entire team to take out Guranz... ^^;

Altiea
Apr 20, 2017, 11:10 PM
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong; If no one else is zanversing, it's still a good idea to zanverse yourself as FoTe, even if you dont have wind mastery. It's still a flat 20% boost to MPA damage as long as you place your talis in good spots. And it shouldnt detract from your DPS that much. Doing it right means a net gain in DPS.

The way I handle Zanverse is to check if there are any Techers in the MPA. If that comes out negative, then I just start dumping Moment Gales as soon as a raid boss is stunned. I lose my opportunity to Vinto, but the Zanverse is a bigger overall boost to total MPA damage.

LancerFate
Apr 21, 2017, 01:06 AM
The way I handle Zanverse is to check if there are any Techers in the MPA. If that comes out negative, then I just start dumping Moment Gales as soon as a raid boss is stunned. I lose my opportunity to Vinto, but the Zanverse is a bigger overall boost to total MPA damage.

Animation cancel gale and use vinto o/

Poyonche
Apr 21, 2017, 03:23 AM
Animation cancel gale and use vinto o/

Yepyep, this guy is right. I cancel Gale to cast Zanverse, I do Vinto, and if the Zanverse is perempting then I use Gale again and etc...

Altiea
Apr 21, 2017, 07:15 AM
Yepyep, this guy is right. I cancel Gale to cast Zanverse, I do Vinto, and if the Zanverse is perempting then I use Gale again and etc...

I was actually talking about Mother when I mentioned this; her stun phase typically doesn't last long enough for me to cancel out of Moment Gale and go into a Vinto. I've only played Deus ESC-A all of once, so I'll try normal strats on my next run.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 21, 2017, 07:42 AM
I've only done it twice ....both with team and both time we did it with 2 minutes left or more remaining. Minus the cutscenes for each part (which I like the sequences just not the repetition) It's pretty fun.....

Ziel
Apr 21, 2017, 08:35 AM
So... we´re figthing a not-orochi-knight on not-god-eater-2-spiral-tree filled with not-diablo-archangels and not-winged-kuribohs who then uses a not-black-materia-meteor-summon to give a time limit to the final phase...

Its an interesting fight nonetheless, havent failed it so far.

Altiea
Apr 21, 2017, 09:05 AM
Woke up early to tackle the EQ, found myself an empty block and got into a nice MPA. We failed the damage check. Twice.

Then I realized I was in an XH block.

echofaith
Apr 21, 2017, 09:26 AM
My friend has been telling me about his xh block experiences, and they seem to be about same as here. He still needs 1 more drop from the new TD(he got 5 from the original Necky) but he cant seem to win a single run since he is stuck in xh blocks. I guess he could farm a different weapon, but it sucks when you already have a maxed regular orbit but for some reason you dont qualify to enter the tryhard blocks.
Now I am curious in how many mpas in the xh block have succesfully finished Deus EQ.

Vatallus
Apr 21, 2017, 09:29 AM
Now I'm curious too since a lot of players can't be arsed to make proper builds and with the DPS check having enough HP that you can't expect one player to do it alone.

millefeuille
Apr 21, 2017, 09:35 AM
..now I am curious in how many mpas in the xh block have succesfully finished Deus EQ.

1 out of 14+ attempts. Mostly because 5 tryhards managed to random together for that MPA.

sparab
Apr 21, 2017, 09:42 AM
Woke up 5 minutes late. Stayed calm and waited for 2nd round.

Got into random MPA. Idiot A instant start teleport. Idiot B did not jump down the ship. Idiot C ragequit.

5 death at first desu hunar. Hands trembling.

Passed DPS check at 1 minute mark. 20% MPA damage. 999,999 maron still OP.

Poyonche
Apr 21, 2017, 09:54 AM
999,999 maron still OP.

Yep yep, I noticed that when Deus Esca fall at 1:50 before the end of Earth. :wacko:

"Because of too much people abusing Maron usage, we decided to remove this pet. We apologize for your blablabla. A compensation of 5SG will be distributed at a later date."

reaper527
Apr 21, 2017, 10:54 AM
"Because of too much people abusing Maron usage, we decided to remove this pet. We apologize for your blablabla. A compensation of 5SG will be distributed at a later date."

they won't remove him, they'll just make him as threatening as an actual pillow, just like gunner in ep3

Ziel
Apr 21, 2017, 11:13 AM
Well to be fair in my opinion, or we all deal consistent 200-300k and make the boss a worthwhile 5 minute experience for everyone (oh arceus forbids it takes more than 2 minutes!) like a rpg season final boss should be or say fuck it, give it 300m hp and let every class combo ever deal 999999 damage combos with 1 min cooldown and make it a dps e-peen race so our feelings dont get hurt.

That some of us need setup/charge to deal 200-500k and 20-30k normal attacks while someone waves and flails a 1m pillow around and bosses are tweaked so if theres no pillow user present we probably fail is the top bullshit on this game, that and the fact people want 2 minute fights when in other games actually rewarding bossfigths take 10 minutes to even hours, then again the "limited time boss figth chance until the next time in 12 hours" is the stupidity that raised this "rush and kill boss ASAP" meta.

Altiea
Apr 21, 2017, 11:15 AM
Meanwhile, Boots is sitting in a corner, dealing 10k per tick with Strike 0 and whiffing Vintos.

I love you Bouncer, but sometimes...

loafhero
Apr 21, 2017, 11:30 AM
Looks like Deus Esca is doing its job forcing encouraging players to start grinding for access to the Expert Blocks.

starwind75043
Apr 21, 2017, 12:02 PM
So far so good. Betten it twice now in pugs.
Perhaps this was the reason they added the +35 requirement for the lvl cap increase? I guess sega was now trying to give us a hint.

Kintama
Apr 21, 2017, 12:39 PM
Looks like Deus Esca is doing its job forcing encouraging players to start grinding for access to the Expert Blocks.

More like grinding Su topkek.

Altiea
Apr 21, 2017, 12:59 PM
More like grinding Su topkek.

You make it sound like gearing SU is actually easy.

Tymek
Apr 21, 2017, 01:06 PM

Have you ever force fed your pet?

Altiea
Apr 21, 2017, 01:18 PM
Have you ever force fed your pet?

Yeah? I have a Lv. 120 Shinkuro.

I'm talking about actually making your Pet usable with Candy Box shenanigans.

cheapgunner
Apr 21, 2017, 01:38 PM
So far so good. Betten it twice now in pugs.
Perhaps this was the reason they added the +35 requirement for the lvl cap increase? I guess sega was now trying to give us a hint.

That requirement wasn't necessary. My GuHu and RaHu could still use their 40+ 13*s fully affixed and do no worse with 35+ 13* weps. That requirement was more of a grindy stall BS add-on they did for lv 80 cap than anything else. The real problem was noob players spending 10s of millions of meseta on outfits and fasion tickets and not on their gear, as well as terrible builds and lacklustrer skill tree builds. And because of that, we all suffered with mindless lvl cap restrictions and requirments (perfect cube IV shenanigans were kinda lame as well).

Ezodagrom
Apr 21, 2017, 07:31 PM
That post was about getting into expert blocks though, not about gearing up.

loafhero
Apr 21, 2017, 09:33 PM
Expert Blocks are the way to go for XH Deus Esca. Players there take their gearing a little more seriously. You'll almost never have to worry about losing a Deus EQ in an Expert Block. Its worth the effort to grind one of your main class weapon to +35 just to enter an Expert Block. Just be considerate enough to give your gear some decent affixes and you're good to go.

Anyway, just finished a Deus EQ run and managed to finish my Zeinesis Calibur sheet in the process. Not only that, but with a total of 350% drop rate boost, I managed to get a Zeinesis Lance (Wired Lance) as a drop. The hidden affix on the Zeinesis weapon is called "Deus Factor" which gives +20 to all ATK types, +20 HP and +1 PP.

Flaoc
Apr 21, 2017, 09:47 PM
The hidden affix on the Zeinesis weapon is called "Deus Factor" which gives +20 to all ATK types, +20 HP and +1 PP.

nah thats just the factor that drops in the eq..

this however is the deus wep factor

http://grabilla.com/07416-0e8e7562-1b8e-4968-a071-f583e3ec0bc7.png

loafhero
Apr 21, 2017, 09:51 PM
nah thats just the factor that drops in the eq.

Oh, well there's that but for as much as I've runned the EQ, the Deus Factor affix was kept as "-" until I got a Zeinesis weapon.

LtZetarn
Apr 22, 2017, 09:12 PM
Some japanese player reported that "Famous" POT of Zeinesis Weapon also double the stats of HP,DEX and PP too.

Now it double the effect of all stats-based but not include phase weak or many percentage-based stats
[SPOILER-BOX]Before
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41108
After
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41109[/SPOILER-BOX]

Source :: https://twitter.com/buraiou/status/855833117088653313

41108 41109

loafhero
Apr 22, 2017, 09:46 PM
arks-visiphone.com already has the Zeinesis POTs listed.

arokidaaron
Apr 22, 2017, 09:50 PM
It is already listed but it just states that it only boosts atk & def, not considering hp, dex and pp affixes.

Vatallus
Apr 22, 2017, 10:14 PM
S wiki can confirm that HP/PP is affected, but not if %s (resistance/phrase) are. It honestly wouldn't take that much work if someone who had one of these potted weapons would be willing to check it out with proper documentation.

dingophone
Apr 23, 2017, 07:44 AM
How many Qliphad cores does it take to unlock the third potential?

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2017, 09:21 AM
120 stones. So, nearly 70 desus

Raujinn
Apr 23, 2017, 09:30 AM
I believe resist effects are affected at least. Phrase is still unknown as far as I know.

Azure Falcon
Apr 23, 2017, 09:54 AM
Expert Blocks are the way to go for XH Deus Esca. Players there take their gearing a little more seriously. You'll almost never have to worry about losing a Deus EQ in an Expert Block. Its worth the effort to grind one of your main class weapon to +35 just to enter an Expert Block. Just be considerate enough to give your gear some decent affixes and you're good to go.

No, they still fail almost every time in expert blocks even when everyone's gear is up to scratch simply because of the awful selection of classes. 1 GU/RA that carries a rifle if you're lucky, a 4 man SU team, 5 HU or BRs and an FO that doesn't use Zanverse. Techers are absolutely non-existent. The last 4 attempts I've had to triple down as the medic, Zanverse user and main DPS as a DB BO/HU, I don't have the PP to juggle everything.

TehCubey
Apr 23, 2017, 10:03 AM
Oh, well there's that but for as much as I've runned the EQ, the Deus Factor affix was kept as "-" until I got a Zeinesis weapon.

That's unusual. I had Deus Factor equipment pop up as soon as the first Deus was defeated, and the name of the affix showed up normally. Maybe your translation patch (if you use one) was messed up.

Vatallus
Apr 23, 2017, 12:47 PM
I've only failed it once. Must be nice to play on a different ship.

Ether
Apr 23, 2017, 02:08 PM
I've only failed once (out of 8 times or so) and it was the one time I didn't bring my Techer. I will probably just go Techer from now on, since they seem so important to this quest.

Anduril
Apr 23, 2017, 02:14 PM
Haven't failed so far, but then again I guess I've just lucked out and had a Ranger and Techer in almost all my runs.

TehCubey
Apr 23, 2017, 02:30 PM
I've yet to fail this. I'm usually running with a friend or two but no organized MPAs, just randoms.

LancerFate
Apr 23, 2017, 02:48 PM
I think max drop 3 stones? 1 100% from Deus Esca, and 2 low chance from 2 hunars.

Flaoc
Apr 23, 2017, 02:56 PM
5 is possible

sparab
Apr 23, 2017, 02:59 PM
I have got 4 fuses at most but half of the runs only dropped 1.

Not sure if deus hunar have their individual drops.

Ether
Apr 23, 2017, 03:59 PM
When using boosters at the end of the quest I only ever got 2 fuses, when I started using them at the start I went up to 3 or 4 per run. I'm pretty sure the humanoid forms have their own drops.

Anduril
Apr 23, 2017, 04:25 PM
Even with boosters from the beginning, I just average about 2 per run, but that is probably just my actual bad luck.

Altiea
Apr 23, 2017, 07:31 PM
Just a curious thing... Shouldn't the "Rycross Staff" actually be translated as "Rykros Staff" to stay consistent with the localization of PSP2?

Crayzus
Apr 23, 2017, 07:48 PM
Can someone clarify why getting the qliphad fuses is so urgent?

I thought the weapon upgrade was purely for looks and does not effect the stats of the weapon.

Selphea
Apr 23, 2017, 07:48 PM
Can someone clarify why getting the qliphad fuses is so urgent?

I thought the weapon upgrade was purely for looks and does not effect the stats of the weapon.

For the 3rd pot and the units

cheapgunner
Apr 23, 2017, 07:53 PM
I don't really want to run GuRa but I might since I failed the last 4 ESC-A runs as GuHu. That and some of these randoms are pretty bad. It's annoying to have a Ranger in the party but he does a half-ass job with WB or simply skips using it for the 1st two Hunas fights, running around with his rifle spamming god knows what.... >.>; WB is such a damn problem in these EQs. Why can't Gu get that skill as well... >.>;

Selphea
Apr 23, 2017, 07:57 PM
Run as RA then, GuRa rifle damage is kinda halfassed especially since you can't swap to Orbit Launcher

(True story - I'm running Ra in Mom, so far Deus has been ok though)

echofaith
Apr 23, 2017, 08:13 PM
I thought ipad fuses were only for the looks upgrade. So I assume you need 120 for the pot, and since average seems to be 3 per run, thats around 40 runs for a single weapon. I am starting to debate if its even worth I keep doing this eq, or instead just wait 3 months until sega releases a better weapon :p

Altiea
Apr 23, 2017, 08:17 PM
I thought ipad fuses were only for the looks upgrade. So I assume you need 120 for the pot, and since average seems to be 3 per run, thats around 40 runs for a single weapon. I am starting to debate if its even worth I keep doing this eq, or instead just wait 3 months until sega releases a better weapon :p

This is the Episode final boss; I don't think it's gonna be outclassed for a long while. Better get farming.

Bellion
Apr 23, 2017, 08:32 PM
Just a little theory but I think that the Qliph series are more than just a look change. Zein with its strongest potential requires 120 Qliph fuses and so does going from Zein to Qliph. What if by upgrading to Qliph from Zein, you no longer need to spend 120 fuses for the potential but photon spheres? I'd see it as an investment if that were to be true if you decide to swap back and forth between potentials for any particular reason such as re-affixing it. If you still need Qliph fuses on a Qliph weapon to upgrade its potential that would be rather disappointing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

echofaith
Apr 23, 2017, 08:43 PM
This is the Episode final boss; I don't think it's gonna be outclassed for a long while. Better get farming.

I mean, the difference from these series compared to an Austere or most 13* release the past year isnt really game breaking. For me the big deal is the double affix affecting HP/PP pools, but as far as damage goes, the difference is probably less than 8% compared to an Orbit. I still favor Orbit over most weapons because of the utility, and while you can indeed use one as a pp battery and switch back to main attacking, I just like the commodity :p
So yeah, if they release another "unorthodox" pot weapon like Orbit, I will probably favor that over a 6-8% dps increase.

cheapgunner
Apr 23, 2017, 08:46 PM
Run as RA then, GuRa rifle damage is kinda halfassed especially since you can't swap to Orbit Launcher

(True story - I'm running Ra in Mom, so far Deus has been ok though)

Well, That seems better .I need to max my Atra rifle to break lv 80 cap for my Ra (I should have done that instead of upgrading my damn TMGs unnecessarily again...).

final_attack
Apr 23, 2017, 09:13 PM
Just a little theory but I think that the Qliph series are more than just a look change. Zein with its strongest potential requires 120 Qliph fuses and so does going from Zein to Qliph. What if by upgrading to Qliph from Zein, you no longer need to spend 120 fuses for the potential but photon spheres? I'd see it as an investment if that were to be true if you decide to swap back and forth between potentials for any particular reason such as re-affixing it. If you still need Qliph fuses on a Qliph weapon to upgrade its potential that would be rather disappointing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then let's just wait and see for people to test it and report it to JP wiki (ツ)
Since I personally prefer Zeinesis looks .... but if making 120 Fuse pot into PhotonSphere requirement only, seems worth it (ツ)

loafhero
Apr 23, 2017, 09:54 PM
With my Deus runs so far, there are still far more players killed by Deus Hunas (1st form) than there are by the other forms.

Altiea
Apr 23, 2017, 10:13 PM
With my Deus runs so far, there are still far more players killed by Deus Hunas (1st form) than there are by the other forms.

It's because of the lightning bolts. Apparently Stun > Spike Kill is a true combo.

echofaith
Apr 23, 2017, 10:25 PM
I actually managed to tank that attack with hunter the first few times, so I never saw what it was like it(but I lost 4 mates in 1 second, so I knew it was serious) One run I was laging and boom, I died, so next time I stayed far to see and realized is similar to Falz Hunar attack. Multi hits for 700+ each D:

loafhero
Apr 23, 2017, 10:39 PM
I find it more difficult to just guard Deus Hunas's stun-spike combo than Falz Hunar's ground pound-energy spike combo. Better to keep a distance when Deus Hunas readies that combo.

Altiea
Apr 23, 2017, 10:46 PM
I honestly just start running away when I see the teleport. It's the only telegraph to know that lightning death is coming. Even with Well Airelon's 20% anti-Phantom tank Pot, I'm still eating 500+ damage hits, which is going to kill you regardless.

I actually feel like this move was made specifically to kill melee.

milranduil
Apr 24, 2017, 07:47 AM
8p mpa of friends, no te or weak bullet (i had no team tree either). all that matters is knowing when to dps and how to not die.

[spoiler-box]
https://puu.sh/vuB13/c613d115eb.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Loveless62
Apr 24, 2017, 12:25 PM
8p mpa of friends, no te or weak bullet (i had no team tree either). all that matters is knowing when to dps and how to not die.

[spoiler-box]
https://puu.sh/vuB13/c613d115eb.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Your buddy Ponthi got the MPA down to two players. Check his Youtube.

All hail the new meta: Chain Barantsion!

sparab
Apr 24, 2017, 12:38 PM
Meanwhile in SH block...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/csg49Bm.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

delcck
Apr 24, 2017, 01:28 PM
Hi, I have a quick question about the 13star chicken...
I finally get him/her today and feel so excited..... but I wonder if her/she/it is useful for any battle.... because its character looks so unrelated....

Besides, I would like to ask if Deus is a suitable quest to level up classes that I have no experience about. Meanwhile I am thinking of leveling Ra/Hu.... but I have no idea how to play that at all...
I am only able to clear it so far by Fo/Te and Su/Gu and sometimes end with only 3s left...
If it is possible for leveling, may I know any recommendation on gear, tutorial, etc specifically for Ra/Hu

Tymek
Apr 24, 2017, 01:39 PM
Meanwhile in SH block...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/csg49Bm.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nier?

milranduil
Apr 24, 2017, 02:01 PM
Your buddy Ponthi got the MPA down to two players. Check his Youtube.

All hail the new meta: Chain Barantsion!

implying i don't know what my friends are up to when they let earth die for the first 15 eq LOL. this was just casual evening (jp time) run.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 24, 2017, 07:23 PM
Apparently VR drops 14* too https://twitter.com/Gimiemon/status/856513303375249408

Cyber Meteor
Apr 24, 2017, 08:01 PM
It was said in last PSO2 station the 14*s from deus ESCA would also drop in Mining Base Defense EQs (all the TDs)

starwind75043
Apr 24, 2017, 09:57 PM
It's starting to become a little preditable now. During gajin hours end up on 20 or 21 pug fail. Move to lower block win. Anyone else have that same experience.

GHNeko
Apr 24, 2017, 11:30 PM
units are dropping for everyone but me and it's getting to me

a new set of units that i can put on fibr show up and i cant even fucking farm them smh

i feel like stacking my rare drop boosts are pushing units out of the drop table :cantwakeup:

Dualdiamond
Apr 24, 2017, 11:58 PM
units are dropping for everyone but me and it's getting to me

a new set of units that i can put on fibr show up and i cant even fucking farm them smh

i feel like stacking my rare drop boosts are pushing units out of the drop table :cantwakeup:

I feel you. I occasionally spy on people's equipment to see what people are using. Saw someone with Zenesis Arm and Leg and another with Rear and Leg. Like really? I already did 50 stones worth of runs, and not a single unit or 13 star.

Not that I wanted it anyway. I have Izane set anyway. I don't need rare drops. Nope.

cheapgunner
Apr 25, 2017, 12:16 AM
I feel the same with the units. We can have CFS for the damn 13* we ps but not the damn units. Makes no sense not to put the units up as CFS as well. I have like 2-3 ray rears and arms but no legs left to complete them. Iso it still OK to mismatch a inane leg with Ray rear and arm, and other such combos? If so, I cold stop sweating and make a coup less more 12* unit sets (mismatched).

GHNeko
Apr 25, 2017, 12:26 AM
the units not being on CF is fine

but i just cant help but to feel salty when i've seen 20 units go to people in my team (including my wife who never even plays)

and i cant even get one

and as if to throw salt into my wounds

the game gives me astra arm on a mom run where i paused my boosts.

like come on fam

Nyansan
Apr 25, 2017, 12:27 AM
I feel the same with the units. We can have CFS for the damn 13* we ps but not the damn units. Makes no sense not to put the units up as CFS as well. I have like 2-3 ray rears and arms but no legs left to complete them. Iso it still OK to mismatch a inane leg with Ray rear and arm, and other such combos? If so, I cold stop sweating and make a coup less more 12* unit sets (mismatched).

They intentionally made them not part of a set so people could mix and match stuff. Also, Izane leg is one of the better things to pair with Ray rear, especially if you're planning to convert that rear into union.

cheapgunner
Apr 25, 2017, 01:19 AM
I see, so mix and matching is okay then. Makes me a bit relieved. I wonder though how 13* units will be in episode 5 and beyond possibly. ):-]

GHNeko
Apr 25, 2017, 01:40 AM
sega is intentionally moving away from set bonuses cuz they want to give players freedom. so expect 13* units to be treated the same as 12* units