PDA

View Full Version : Unit Affixing (Attack VS PP)

AirinMikune
Apr 16, 2017, 12:01 PM
I am currently using units with +23 PP on each parts (only from affix, not counting any bonuses) so all in all, I enjoy a good 250ish PP but my attack suffers a lot.

With my plan on upgrading to 12* units, would I still stick to PP build or lean over the attack ones? I am using all classes so if it an attack one, it has to be all attack type (Modulator/Apprentice) for future proofing. There is also that All Resist/HP one, I don't know if I should take into consideration.

PP Type: (current one I am using)

Anga Soul
Stigma
Spirita Alpha
Spirita III
Spirita Boost
Necky Smile

All Attack:

Apprentice Soul
Modulator
Ability III
Doom Break
Mutation II
Fusion Attack (if I get lucky else Necky Smile)

Hybrid:

Anga Soul
Modulator
Ability III/Doom Break
All Resist III
Mutation II
Elegant Stamina

Which one would last me for a long time? Thanks.

Evangelion X.XX
Apr 16, 2017, 04:37 PM
I see that you want only 1 set of units to play all classes on, presumably because of $$$ reasons and that fact that farming for 12* units sucks (RNG).

Well, to be blunt, I don't think you should do it. Why? Because that "Universal" Unit Set is going to be half-assed at everything which really can't be helped. Some classes require having a lot pp to play smoothly because (1) PAs/Techniques costs a lot of pp to do (2) the class requires consecutive PA/Technique spams that consumes a lot of pp. Other classes, however, don't require as much pp which means they can stack other affixes on their gear like Attack instead.

For example, I find that for certain classes like RaHu, BrHu I want at least 200 pp to play smoothly (and although I don't touch FoTe, I would imagine they want at least 200 pp too. No comment on Su, however).

Other classes, like HuFi, FiHu, BoHu, GuHu I can make do with ~150-180pp, which means I can stack more Attack affixes on them.

And not only that, if you play FiHu, you may or may not want hp affixes instead of pp ones.

Rather, I think you should just bite the bullet and make different Unit Sets: 1 set for melee, 1 set for ranged, 1 set for techniques. Doing so is much better since your attack power and pp will be much more balanced. More importantly, it doesn't have to be super expensive, super high-slotted units either.

For melee, for example, you can just affix something like: Act the Soul/Power III/Love Fever/MutationII/Noble Power for +120 S-Atk and ~8 pp per Unit, and it's not THAT expensive either (Noble power is like ~10 million, but if that's too expensive, you can switch it out for something else).

For something like RaHu, if I want to be cheap and go for 5-slots, I'd affix something like: Till the Soul/Shoot III/SpiritaIII/Saint Fever/Noble Shoot for 105 R-Atk and 12 pp per Unit.

For FoTe, I would imagine either getting a crafted Saiki Set, or else getting an Austere Set for their Set Bonuses (or Austere Rear + Arm & a 12* Union Leg) since they don't really need rings, and go for something like (5-slot):Magi the Soul/Tech III/SpiritaIII/Latan Fever/Noble Technique for 105 T-Atk 12 pp per Unit.

Having said what I needed to say, if you nevertheless want to construct a "Universal Unit Set," then I recommend putting on it at least +60 S/R/T-Atk and then stack on it as much pp as possible.

Maybe you could do something like this:

Anga Soul/Vinculum/SpiritaIII/Ability III/Mutation/II/Spirita Boost for +70 S/R/T-Atk and +12 pp per Unit (not too expensive and a little stronger than what you have now).

or

Apprentice Soul/Modulator/Spirita III/Mutation II/Spirita Boost for +85 S/R/T-Atk and +9 pp.

Well, I don't know, but these are the few suggestions that come to mind.

Also, I want you to know that a 5-slot Modulator Unit on my ship costs ~7 million, and 6-Slot Modulator Unit on my ship costs ~30 million, so yeah, it's pretty expensive, meaning it may or may not be realistic for you to 6-Slot a Unit with Modulator. And if I were to ever 6-slot a Unit with Modulator, I would absolutely make sure that it turns out to be God-Tier with high attack power +pp.

AirinMikune
Apr 16, 2017, 06:48 PM
Thank you for the detailed insight.

I did toy around the idea of having multiple set but being a casual gamer myself, it will be efficient for me just to use one (specially I will be using the Whittl Set which you can only get one)

I have around 100 million to spare which is something it takes me years to save up so I just want to affix a unit once.

I figured out that I can make up for the specific atk by using a timed ability which can add +50 to either of the three attack.

Each Wittl has a passive +20 pp so I might go for:

Apprentice/Modulator/Ability III/Mutation II/All Resist III/Elegant Stamina with Sega pushing all this EQ that requires less people and counted deaths, I think we should focus a bit on defensive affixing?

Selphea
Apr 16, 2017, 07:28 PM
There's two reasons why I think three halfassed single ATK sets would beat out a good hybrid set.

First is the combo affixes like XXX the Soul. 35 ATK and 3 PP is much better value while being cheaper than Anga Soul and Apprentice Soul. Similarly, single ATK sets get access to Extreme Quest affixes like Flict Tiro for 20 ATK and 3 PP, which is almost a Vinculum and Spirita on a hybrid set.

Second is skill rings. Right now some classes have two must-have rings, like Tech Charge Parry and Peace Zondeel, or Front S. Roll and TMG Stance Bonus. or Slow Dive Roll and Non Weak Bonus. If you have only one set for 3 ATK types, that's already not enough if, for instance, you run Ranger and Gunner which both need 2 different rings each. If you have one set for all 9 classes to pass around, that's going to be a huge squeeze.

Lets say you do a 5-slot hybrid like:

Anga Soul
Modulator
Doom Break
Mutation II
Elegant Stamina

That's 80 ATK, 10 PP, 55 HP using the expensive Elegant Booster, and rare Doom Break.

If you run

XXX the Soul or UQ Soul
Atk III
Noble Stamina

That's 85 Atk, 10 PP, 80 HP - more ATK and HP while using much cheaper affixes. If you math it out it might work out to a third of the cost while technically giving you up to 3 times the ring slots.

MysticAura
Apr 16, 2017, 07:55 PM
100 million is enough for multiple unit sets but you might end up spending a good amount of it to cover all three attack types. Going with one set of units should be fine though. I wouldn't choose full Whittl (1 for PP could work), especially if you're concerned about survivability. Using Izane and affixing for PP would work better but of course there is the issue of Izane being so hard to get. The Shine series provide decent rears that are guaranteed. Red in particular would fit your needs with 80 free all attack.

Whatever you do end up with, I think it should be okay with at least 60 all attack per unit. How much PP or HP you aim for on affixes would depend on the set effect you end up with. Aim for 170 PP total at least.

TehCubey
Apr 16, 2017, 08:44 PM
What kind of casual player uses 6s units?

Just use multiple sets depending what atk you need them for. You'll save effort AND money, while getting better units in the end. And please, whatever you do, don't affix for defense. A bit of HP is fine but units provide enough HP/defenses already, especially 12* units. Deliberately affixing for resist or buying elegant stamina is a waste of money.

AirinMikune
Apr 16, 2017, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The skill ring argument got me thinking but then again, 12* units is so hard to come by, that I can't imagine myself having 9 of them to put skill rings into.

I do have Izane, at least arms and leg, is 12* units craftable?

Any list of good 12*?

Altiea
Apr 16, 2017, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The skill ring argument got me thinking but then again, 12* units is so hard to come by, that I can't imagine myself having 9 of them to put skill rings into.

I do have Izane, at least arms and leg, is 12* units craftable?

Any list of good 12*?

12* Units can't be crafted, but you wouldn't really want to anyway; they have some of the best hidden stats among Units.

"Good" 12* Units is a bit tricky to define, since you can mix and match units to suit your needs due to almost no Set Bonuses, and each Unit Series has its own specific niche. The best all-around 12s right now are Union, after that it's Astra. After that, it gets a bit muddy.

AirinMikune
Apr 16, 2017, 11:16 PM
Yeah, it appears that most 12* forgo the set things, I was wondering if I were to make 3 different units, is there any specific 12* units that focuses on a certain stats? Like if a unit has more SATK bonus then I would use that as the SATK affix base.

final_attack
Apr 16, 2017, 11:21 PM
Yeah, it appears that most 12* forgo the set things, I was wondering if I were to make 3 different units, is there any specific 12* units that focuses on a certain stats? Like if a unit has more SATK bonus then I would use that as the SATK affix base.

Rina's Arm unit focus on R-Atk / PP (40R-Atk / 15PP)
Deadrion's Arm unit focus on S-Atk / HP (40S-Atk / 150HP)
Guryuzoras's Rear unit focus on T-Atk / PP (40T-Atk / 15PP)

Or
Itsuki's Arm unit for R/S-Atk / HP (25R-Atk / 25S-Atk / 150 HP) if you want more HP than PP for R-Atk one (or if you don't have Deadrion's Arm yet for S-Atk)

Altiea
Apr 16, 2017, 11:25 PM

If you really, really want ATK, you can get Rear/Shine Red (+80 ATK), Arm/Deadlio Est (+40 S-ATK), Arm/Fio Gals (+40 R-ATK) and Leg/Saku Union (+25 ATK). Those are currently the best 12*s in terms of latent ATK stats.

Best 12*s for PP are going to be Whitill 12*, but they're extremely difficult to get and don't give a lot of DEF. You basically get DPS at the cost of turning into a glass cannon.

Best 12*s for HP are Shine Blue and Izane for Rears, Rai Gals/Deadlio Est/Izane for Arms, and Izane for Leg.

MysticAura
Apr 16, 2017, 11:26 PM
If you have Izane arm/leg, then Whittl rear might work. Fixing the arms and legs to Izane and swapping only the rear could also be a a compromise for rings and affixes. Rely on Izane's native HP and affix for PP and some all attack. Also bind general use rings like Air Reversal to Izane, or one general use ring and one ring for your favorite class if you have one. Then your rear can be attack focused on one attack type along with a matching ring. Since Izane has no native PP you would probably want a rear with over 5 PP. Ray/Union and Astra would be the go to units.

AirinMikune
Apr 16, 2017, 11:31 PM
Thanks for all the reply, I really appreciate the inputs.

We have that 12* from the new Falz as well so I will take all your suggestion and craft something nice.

Should I aim for a modest 5 slot or be elite with 6?

TehCubey
Apr 17, 2017, 07:21 AM
If you have money and dedication, then by all means go with 6s.

Best 12* units at the time are Izane. Whittil has a lot of PP but barely anything of other stats. Other 12*s are in my opinion inferior to Austere rear+arm (+whatever leg, probably a 12*), unless you really want those extra ring slots.

This may change with units from Deus but we'll see.

Loveless62
Apr 17, 2017, 08:48 AM
Be a true baller and go Astral Soul.

oratank
Apr 17, 2017, 09:02 AM
i go with izane/12*pp unit/izane all izane kinda lack on pp
upslot 4 to 5

uq soul
atk3
flict
spirit
noble atk

115 pp11 cheap and nice stat unless you make a noble strike

AirinMikune
Apr 17, 2017, 11:54 PM
I just realized I missed my own point, I am torn about Attack VS PP.

Should I focus on Attack, like potentially getting 150+ on either of the three attack or get around 25 PP?

Is the extra attack justify not being able to use another PA?

With 200 PP, I can do 5 volleys of heavy hitting 40pp PA, would that justify missing on 500ish attack?

Whats a ball park conversion for PP to Attack conversion? (like 10 stk is roughly 1% damage or something)

So the real question is, should I focus on PP when affixing or attack?

oratank
Apr 18, 2017, 12:54 AM
i give you my situation when fight with double in solo pd.DB feet point will show up about a time to use 5 guren before fly away but 5 guren are enough to take it down my attack was 2900-3000 but when DB on 2nd phase they give an opening for 4 guren before fly away.you do know the feeling when see double fly around right?

then i think it should be balance or atk over pp.

Qualia
Apr 18, 2017, 03:50 AM
I think PP vs attack balancing is a lot more significant when it comes to high PP/high DPS PAs like crafted Sakura Endo. Having high PP really helps for the initial burst damage, but doesn't matter once you hit 0 anyway. In the case of PP efficient PAs like Guren, the sustained damage doesn't really utilize a huge PP pool as well as SE or Hatou. There are other factors like orbit weapons as PP batteries and PP cutting potentials adding value to each additional PP, so consider those as well.

Generally, I'd value PP over attack (up to a certain extent), but it's up to you to determine the pros and cons of each and how it'd affect your personal play style and your wallet.

Eternal255
Apr 18, 2017, 05:17 PM
I'd say try to balance it. My units run about 80 to 100 atk each (s-atk since I mostly play melee) and 10pp.

However, for melee, 70 pp will probably do you more than 300 atk. I've considered doing the same as you. An extra PA or two will definitely result in more damage.

But I'd still say try to balance it. Maybe shoot for 100 atk and 15pp? Should be doable with 6 slots

Moffen
Apr 18, 2017, 05:30 PM
People are again failing to mention the gix arm.
10pp,50hp and 30 All atk.

Super reliable and super easy to pick up.

Asellus
Apr 18, 2017, 09:17 PM
Be a true baller and go Astral Soul.

Don't forget Returner V.

Astral Soul
Returner V
Modulator
(offense) V
Flict x
Elegant Boost

Altiea
Apr 18, 2017, 09:21 PM
Don't forget Returner V.

Astral Soul
Returner V
Modulator
(offense) V
Flict x
Elegant Boost

On all three Units AND Weapon.

Ryuhou
Apr 19, 2017, 08:01 AM
Returner is a unit only affix though.

Anyway, balance is indeed key, I found 150-160pp is too low for comfort but 190ish is good (on different classes so I don't actually have a direct comparison).
What's really important is refilling pp cause all pp eventually run out and unless it's 350+, the difference is only a matter of seconds.
Preferably Orbit gs but Queen Vera is a good alternative and now cheap in the player shop.

I went with 35 atk / 3 pp soul + atk 3 + flict + Factor + Noble on leg & arm. 135 atk and 10pp. Rear got 35 atk / 3 pp soul + atk 3 + Spirita 3 + Fever + Factor + Noble for 125 atk / 13 pp. (or so, right now I somehow cannot math).
Crafted arm + leg for hp and rear is 12* so I ended up with 190pp and 1100hp.
Very good setup and neither damage nor pp nor hp are insufficient.

In the end though, it depends on weapon and playstyle. The only real way to find out what's good for you is to try it out. The best way is to go with less pp and see if you can manage.
You can try by using cheap units and never mind insufficient damage or not having enough def / hp, if you can deal with the lower pp pool you can then make good units with that amount of pp and a good amount of atk / def / hp.

MysticAura
Apr 19, 2017, 08:49 AM
I think the best route to take is to find the minimum amount of PP you need and aim for that. Then stack attack or add a small PP margin and then stack attack. You need to decide on whether you're going to have one unit set or many though because different classes will use different amounts of PP. One important number for Force is 175 PP, because that is the cost of a full 7 Ilbarta chain (with uncharged 1-6). 175 is also a good amount to have in general.

Ryuhou is right when it comes to refilling PP, this is important to consider. The orbit collection files up right now provide the best easily available sources of PP. Astra provided more raw PP regen rate with melee attacks, but that series has ended.