http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=11119

Discuss.

GHNeko
Apr 26, 2017, 03:33 AM
casuals

that is all

EvilMag
Apr 26, 2017, 03:34 AM
Its weird that decided to do this now. Usually Sega waits until a content update to do balance changes. Was the failure rate really that high?

Nyansan
Apr 26, 2017, 03:37 AM
Not really happy they did it, instead of motivating players to get decent gear / play better Sega just had to nerf it. Wasn't even hard in the first place lmao. Guess the トイレの神様 jokes are real now.

Gaylar
Apr 26, 2017, 03:42 AM
Why the fuck?

The difficulty was perfect as it was, god forbid this game actually have some form of mildly challenging raid content.

AzurEnd
Apr 26, 2017, 03:45 AM
The boss was poorly designed in the first place and it seems the fail rate for it was so high Sega is nerfing it pretty quick.

Saagonsa
Apr 26, 2017, 03:50 AM
I have no idea how so many people were apparently failing the quest. I don't think I've seen a clear with less than 2 minutes left on the clock after the first day.

final_attack
Apr 26, 2017, 03:51 AM
Um, I can't open the link atm .... but, what kind of nerf if I may ask :o
And how far?

Vatallus
Ow my sides. I only failed it once. I don't know maybe people need to push buttons better? Maybe they need to skill tree better? To top it off out of my active team of *cough* 4 people *cough* I was the only one that ran into a MPA that even failed it... once.

Shinamori
Reduced the HP and ATK PWR of Deus Esca Zephyros.

Moffen
Apr 26, 2017, 03:54 AM
If 12 people cant beat a 5 minute long DPS check then you should honestly quit.

final_attack
Apr 26, 2017, 03:58 AM
Reduced the HP and ATK PWR of Deus Esca Zephyros.

Ah ... no mention by how much? :o

jooozek
Apr 26, 2017, 04:05 AM
earnest kek

Xaelouse
Apr 26, 2017, 04:07 AM
Joke boss becomes a bigger joke. At least it finishes quicker to bore people less

LancerFate
Apr 26, 2017, 04:27 AM
Is it for all game difficulties ?

GHNeko
Apr 26, 2017, 04:43 AM
this means i waste less boosters now LUUL

Meteor Weapon
Apr 26, 2017, 04:59 AM
EP4 worst ep, fire kimura plz

hoangsea
Apr 26, 2017, 05:02 AM
just want to say "fuck you SEGA"
is PSO2 that hard that you need to nerf bosses ? :D

loafhero
Apr 26, 2017, 05:08 AM
Okay, maaaaaybe I can tolerate the HP nerf even though I don't fail the XH difficulty run that often... but to nerf Deus's ATK? Come on! All 3 forms attack patterns aren't that hard to memorize. The last form (Zephyros) telegraphs its attacks so obviously that I pretty much never die when fighting the last form. I can sort of understand the frequent death rates during the phase where you have to cut off Zephyros's dragon dicks, in which those dragon dicks get super aggressive but other than that, Deus's ATK was never all that bad.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 26, 2017, 05:10 AM
It's only the first week and SEGAc already chickened out.

Poyonche
Apr 26, 2017, 05:21 AM
Wait, the nerf is already effective ?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Demon-
Apr 26, 2017, 05:21 AM
HAHA man the amount of butthurt from this is off the charts. Sega at it again.

This boss was lame and boring as it was least it dies faster now.

sonisei
Apr 26, 2017, 05:22 AM
a nerf for casuals and non-experts

echofaith
Apr 26, 2017, 05:27 AM
Cant say I dont find this funny. At least it means faster clears and less buff wasted. They made a chore(like most eqs) less of a chore, so is all cool for me :p

sph83
Apr 26, 2017, 05:30 AM
I haven't played for 1 year so i'm stuck in XH blocks (thanks sega for that stupid +35 wall) and the only thing i've seen here is timer over the 2 first days, i haven't tried since tho because it wasn't fun to waste 30min for nothing...
I'm probably outdated, I have saiki set + austere60 with decent affix, not OP but better than average in XH blocks so I think I'm still doing ok damage to any EQ/boss.
Unfortunately almost all my friends quit/stop pso2 (can't blame them) so I play in random pugs for EQ.
This EQ is indeed just fine with a mpa you know or decent geared players etc.. but can be really unfair and too random in public so it needed a tweak.
It's not like cmode or ultimate or idk anything challenging that you can redo anytime, with a scheduled EQ it's just bad.
If sega nerfed it after the 1st week, it's probably because something was wrong with the fail rate don't you think?
You will have the rematch thing to have fun anyway.

Selphea
Apr 26, 2017, 05:34 AM
Deus is sloppy but what needed fixing is tighter animations and better camera. Most of his difficulty comes from taking damage even though his fist is completely still or a laser has already passed by cleanly. Or the cutscenes screw with your camera and you can't see what he's doing.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 26, 2017, 05:38 AM
Pretty sure this nerf was already planned before the release of Deus, that's the first time a nerf happened that fast xD. That or they kept a HP and ATK values somewhere in case the one from past week was too much, i mean clearing this EQ in XH blocks was rare so from SEGA's point of view that's not good as you're not supposed to fail an EQ with 12 ppl, at all even if you're in non-expert blocks

Selphea
Apr 26, 2017, 05:43 AM
Maybe they jacked the parser code to see how average XH DPS looks like :wacko:

But XH blocks really wouldn't be too bad if a good farmable 12* NT existed and skill trees didn't have so many ATK Up and Dex skills for newbies to sink points into.

Vatallus
Apr 26, 2017, 06:15 AM
1 minute and 30 seconds for a random MPA with no Ranger but a Techer to pass the DPS check. Good nerf.

otakun
Apr 26, 2017, 06:16 AM
More psow bitching for the sake of bitching.

loafhero
Apr 26, 2017, 06:16 AM
So, my usual expert block run went from lasting for 15 minutes to 13 minutes.

jooozek
Apr 26, 2017, 06:18 AM
how many dcs before they ban you for dc in eq? those garbage servers just dced me 2 times in a row after 1/3 minutes into the eq
obviously my connection is fine since my ssh connection didnt even flicker

Ether
Apr 26, 2017, 06:18 AM
Mission was fun and exciting because there was a chance you could actually lose.

Finished with about 2 minute 30 seconds left just now, what a letdown.

Azure Falcon
Apr 26, 2017, 06:19 AM
Just finished the DPS check part with 3 mins 15 seconds left in a kinda decent MPA (had a good Techer, but WB wasn't available during every weak spot of the final part). They've nerfed his HP through the floor, it's a joke of a fight just like every other now. Irony, since the difficulty of this was pushing me to finally put some effort into upgrading my equipment (haven't touched it since Austere) but now I'm back to having to reason to again.

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 26, 2017, 06:19 AM
They could as well modify Deus Hunas 2nd form roots attack (the one he does in a melee unreachable distance), it feels like a weird stop in the battle.

otakun
Apr 26, 2017, 06:22 AM
If you people complaining for a challenge want the challenge then go play in normal XH blocks instead of expert. lol Help out newer players instead of complaining about stuff that wont matter in a month. =P

xeint
Apr 26, 2017, 06:31 AM
Well the HP nerf is okay for me tough the atk nerf isn't necessary

I guess if you guys want more challenge just wait that rematch version

TehCubey
Apr 26, 2017, 06:32 AM
Noooo, my salt mines! They're all gone now, gone.

Vatallus
Apr 26, 2017, 06:34 AM
If you people complaining for a challenge want the challenge then go play in normal XH blocks instead of expert. lol Help out newer players instead of complaining about stuff that wont matter in a month. =P

Did that 4 times already with a teammate who has austere but isn't allowed into the expert blocks because of the nonsense +35 rule. Normal XH on Ship 9 clears it just as fast as "Expert" blocks do.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 26, 2017, 06:36 AM
3 mins left in the DPS check, while i was usually between 1 and 2 mins, lol. Looks like it was nerfed by 40% at least, so that clarifies how SEGA see their 12-man EQs : the easiest content in the game, not supposed to be hard; so don't expect any coming 12 man EQ to be hard ^^. The 4-man rematch should be the hard version (finger crossed). Honestly, i'm not really bothered by that nerf as i never failed that quest nor ever was in a mpa that was close to failure (like under 30 secs), so it's just faster completion and less time used on boosters for me xD

Vatallus
Apr 26, 2017, 06:38 AM
Besides the fact that it will be obviously HP nerfed... we can hope? I'd just like to get more than 2 fuse a run. :D

Cyber Meteor
Apr 26, 2017, 06:40 AM
The rematch is supposed to drop more fuses iirc, and can drop the Qliphod weapons

milranduil
Apr 26, 2017, 06:40 AM
75m -> 55m hp, 45/30 to 35/20 split it looks like. boring

millefeuille
Apr 26, 2017, 06:41 AM
Finished it at an XH block, and I thought it was because we had a lot of well-geared players that magically randomed together again. ^^;

Still, I managed to finish it at least 2 more times before maintenance, so success rate pre-maintenance is 3 out of 20-something.

I didn't realize the parser stopped gathering data, so I have no idea how much his HP was dropped by. Finished the DPS check with 22 seconds remaining if that's any indication of anything.

75m -> 55m hp, 45/30 to 35/20 split it looks like. boring

...at least people won't complain as much anymore? ^^;

Taurus83
Apr 26, 2017, 06:49 AM
still fail on this nerf XH eq, mpa I join 12/12 suddenly become 10/12 in middle

doomdragon83
Apr 26, 2017, 06:56 AM
Before this update, I thought people were getting better. From 5 and 20 seconds remaining to 1:30 and even 2 minutes. I feel that in time just like other content, people will get used to it and get better. Looks like failing isn't going to happen unless some folks end up dc-ing or something.

morkie
Apr 26, 2017, 07:02 AM
extra hard will be happy

Ziel
Apr 26, 2017, 07:10 AM
1.Sega hyped thorny weapons+boss
2.Made difficult boss that apparently has 40% (more or less, not exact number) fail rate
3.Can be cleared only once
4.Weapons come from a filling bar that only counts if you defeat it
5.Said weapon filling bar has an expiry date which leaves you with non-existant drop rates of useable weapons
6.You need the weapon 6 times for maximum powah

IF point 5 didnt exist the nerf could have been avoided point 6 just fucks it even more; in SEGAīs case giving your community which like it or not its at least 60% casuals who play for the phasion (and represent your revenue) you cant simply give them 1 month to git gud and bitchslap them with a boss that has "people hit 1m+ so nerf it to 999999" in mind when said populationīs average on the 200k per hit and several times SEGA has defended the "casuls and pros can play together!" mindset.

SEGA added the numbers (apparently they can add) and probably got shitted on by at least half its playerbase about the above mentioned points, if we didnt have a limited time for the thorny weapons or ANY CF then maybe we could have a 6 months time to fill said weapon (mother still pops up and we have no CF) with a stupid hard boss like you all want and maybe ultimate amdus wont be dead like it is now.

oratank
Apr 26, 2017, 07:26 AM
you forgot No.7Your try hard weapon always outdated when they added new content

Meteor Weapon
Apr 26, 2017, 07:38 AM
EP1-3: I'll just take my time, dem weapons aint going anywhere anyway

EP4: HOLY SHIT NEW CONTENT OUT HURRY AND GIT IT BEFORE IT EXPIRES NO STONES FOR YOU TO COLLECT FOR YOU TO GET IT LATER YOU LAZY BASTARDS NOW TRY HARDER AND FASTER SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!!!!

Moffen
Apr 26, 2017, 07:41 AM
I think people are forgetting this sheet is here until GODDAMN NOVEMBER.

And right after,just like astra,it will promptly be BTFO by something else.

doomdragon83
Apr 26, 2017, 07:44 AM
(mother still pops up and we have no CF)

Meanwhile we only have 2 TDVR this week despite the CF still being available.

SmolNeko
Apr 26, 2017, 07:44 AM
I feel nothing but complete, unfiltered dissapointment. Sasuga Kimura.

TehCubey
Apr 26, 2017, 07:47 AM

The bottleneck for those CFs are the exodas anyway, you really want to go to TD4 for them. VR will probably enter normal EQ rotation soon.

doomdragon83
Apr 26, 2017, 07:53 AM
The bottleneck for those CFs are the exodas anyway, you really want to go to TD4 for them. VR will probably enter normal EQ rotation soon.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't for Zeta being required in TDVR at all. If it wasn't mandatory and the item being farmable elsewhere, I'd be ok with it. As for exoda, yeah you're right about that, TD4 has them and I've been doing those when I can.

Loveless62
Apr 26, 2017, 08:30 AM
I guess Earth was blowing up too many times.

It would be funny if Tokyo and Las Vegas quests were temporarily made unavailable to you whenever you failed the Deus EQ. =D

...at least people won't complain as much anymore? ^^;
xD

EP1-3: I'll just take my time, dem weapons aint going anywhere anyway

EP4: HOLY SHIT NEW CONTENT OUT HURRY AND GIT IT BEFORE IT EXPIRES NO STONES FOR YOU TO COLLECT FOR YOU TO GET IT LATER YOU LAZY BASTARDS NOW TRY HARDER AND FASTER SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!!!!
This person speaks the truth. In fact, those EP1-3 weapons are still there, basking in their obsolescence.

TDVR triggers are available now. I guess, in Sega's mind, they have provided the necessary allowance for those CFs. But, wow though.

Ryuhou
Apr 26, 2017, 08:34 AM
1.Sega hyped thorny weapons+boss
2.Made difficult boss that apparently has 40% (more or less, not exact number) fail rate
3.Can be cleared only once
4.Weapons come from a filling bar that only counts if you defeat it
5.Said weapon filling bar has an expiry date which leaves you with non-existant drop rates of useable weapons
6.You need the weapon 6 times for maximum powah

IF point 5 didnt exist the nerf could have been avoided point 6 just fucks it even more; in SEGAīs case giving your community which like it or not its at least 60% casuals who play for the phasion (and represent your revenue) you cant simply give them 1 month to git gud and bitchslap them with a boss that has "people hit 1m+ so nerf it to 999999" in mind when said populationīs average on the 200k per hit and several times SEGA has defended the "casuls and pros can play together!" mindset.

SEGA added the numbers (apparently they can add) and probably got shitted on by at least half its playerbase about the above mentioned points, if we didnt have a limited time for the thorny weapons or ANY CF then maybe we could have a 6 months time to fill said weapon (mother still pops up and we have no CF) with a stupid hard boss like you all want and maybe ultimate amdus wont be dead like it is now.
No, that's just wrong.
People hitting for too high damage fuck up the game entirely. It's Sega's fault for allowing it in the first place but the problem in this (and only this) case are not the casuals.
We get run limits on some eqs like Magatsu because op builds ran him too often. And we get unbelievably annoying boss eqs because Sega now designers every single boss to be super annoying and only letting us attack a few seconds at a time precisely to make it a lot harder to setup high damage burst.
If not for that kind of damage, the game would be a lot better. Would be enough if people weren't using it as Sega clearly didn't expect it to happen and had designed the game without it in mind.
Of course the actual fault lies with Sega to not only not expect people to try out get as high damage as possible, but to also react in the most retarded way imaginable and ruin a large part of the game instead of just nerfing this damage. They could have implemented a 999,999 damage cap for everything years ago and we would not have such abominations as 2nd Double + PD or Mother or Deus, they would actually be fun instead of purely a chore for digital carrots.

Also, making people fail quests not due to lack of skill but because of an arbitrary damage check is BS. And considering how most people are encouraged to be casuals that are not able to do this and forcing good players to carry them, threatening the with permanent ban if they don't want and tying virtually all good rewards to the quest, it is some of the worst game design ever.
In the first place, reward for effort is one of the most important rules of good game design. Denying this, especially in such a way is doing nothing but turning people off the game entirely.

I am doing Deus only because I haven't failed yet, but if I do, I will probably instantly drop all Zeinesis sheets and quite possibly go on another half year hiatus, hoping the game is less shit then.
I am having a lot of fun some some parts of the game, but I hate how Sega forces us to do what they want instead of letting us have fun how we want. There is very little else to do besides eqs.
XQs are only fun in small doses, BA/CQ don't let you use your gear and skills and that leaves Explorations. They would be a ton of fun in XH but cause Sega is dumb we have to make do with SH.
SHAQs are like XH explorations with even lvl 80 enemies, but needing caps and needing to find a certain amount or it's really expensive next time removes the free fun you can have in explorations, you are always under pressure to fulfill a quota.
Also this and the time limit cause most people to rush as if it's an eq, which is again very different from explorations. Doing them alone is feasible but risky because you can easily go without a long enough burst to reach your capsule quota with a fully party and it's even more likely this happens if you use freind partners with considerably lower code spawn rate.

Atmius
Apr 26, 2017, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't for Zeta being required in TDVR at all. If it wasn't mandatory and the item being farmable elsewhere, I'd be ok with it. As for exoda, yeah you're right about that, TD4 has them and I've been doing those when I can.

Except you can now buy VR triggers, rendering the 'scheduled only' restriction moot. Finding other people who actually WANT to run that shitty eq is a different story though.

Ziel
Apr 26, 2017, 08:53 AM
No, that's just wrong.
People hitting for too high damage fuck up the game entirely. It's Sega's fault for allowing it in the first place but the problem in this (and only this) case are not the casuals.

bitchslap them with a boss that has "people hit 1m+ so nerf it to 999999" in mind <--SEGAīs mindset
said populationīs average on the 200k per hit <--Reality

Maybe you misread but nowhere im blaming/bashing casuals, im blaming sega for thinking everyone is arsepulling 1m hits and i do think making damage checks or fail in a 1 hour 2 per day (depends on how much you can play) limited time 6x weapon grindfest is utter BS (at least remove time limits ffs) i just said what you walltexted in a snip.

Calsetes
Apr 26, 2017, 09:00 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm only level 40, grabbed three of those sheets for the weapon-thingies, and just do them once a day on the phone app.

Masu
Apr 26, 2017, 09:26 AM
Deus is sloppy but what needed fixing is tighter animations and better camera. Most of his difficulty comes from taking damage even though his fist is completely still or a laser has already passed by cleanly. Or the cutscenes screw with your camera and you can't see what he's doing.
^ ^ ^This^ ^ ^

And dang they nerf it when I started to like it. No wonder why I found last run (the one just before today tdvr) super smooth versus previous ones with no death at all.

Altiea
Apr 26, 2017, 09:27 AM
But... But why? I liked the fight just the way it is.

Xaeris
Apr 26, 2017, 09:33 AM
This is why we can't have nice things.

Flaoc
Apr 26, 2017, 09:53 AM
goddamn casuils.... heaven forbid we have some form of difficulty.. seems like the pd buff was a fluke but not even that was actually hard but it was an improvement over the original quest (minus double cause everyone hates double)

SteveCZ
Apr 26, 2017, 10:45 AM
They can just increase the 5 minutes to 7-10 minutes but they decided to make the boss weaker instead. But I'm fine with it cause the boss is so damn boring. Agreed with Selphea that it needs tighter animation. I mean even DF Loser still has it far better than anything else.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 26, 2017, 10:51 AM
seems like the pd buff was a fluke

With the coming buffed raid boss (Yamato) on June, it seems more like a new trend that's gonna happen on future raid bosses, more than just a fluke, so it may will be : 1st year get a base/easy version of a raid boss, then after 1 year get a boosted version of it. So we're probably gonna say "this is how it should have been" yeah, but SEGA is never gonna do the right version on an EQ release and more wait some months have passed before putting a version that would please the more serious players. The game has to last 10 years so whatever it takes, they'll go for it, even dispatching a content in 2 versions xD

Ziel
Apr 26, 2017, 10:54 AM
They can just increase the 5 minutes to 7-10 minutes but they decided to make the boss weaker instead.

Someone give this guy the whole rappy cookie bag pls.

Zanverse
Apr 26, 2017, 10:54 AM
So much salt from such a miniscule community compared to the JP side... I wonder what they think about the nerf. Maybe there was a large enough amount of fail rates amongst JP players that made SEGA want to nerf Deus Esca. :-?

Flaoc
Apr 26, 2017, 11:05 AM
but he wasnt hard to begin with.. nerf not needed especially on damage since his damage was both fine and telegraphed

Cyber Meteor
Apr 26, 2017, 11:06 AM
Maybe there was a large enough amount of fail rates amongst JP players that made SEGA want to nerf Deus Esca. :-?

Mmmm, maybe not in terms of JP vs EN players but more in terms of Expert blocks VS lower tier blocks (XH, SH, VH........), the quest isn't XH only, and the only barrier on XH there is is a 75/75 lvl requirement and you can still be stuck out of expert blocks because you either don't have a NT 13* at +35 (couldn't do enough CF in time) or didn't bother to do the solo XQ title required (also, is it said in game you need that title when you try to access Expert blocks while not having the title?). So yeah from an "expert block player" pov this nerf doesn't make any sense, but it definitly makes sense if the other part of XH players (the non-expert ones) and lower tier mpas (SH, VH....) can't really clear it. If expert blocks weren't implemented, i'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been a nerf since with so many ppl in expert blocks atm, there would have been more ppl with proper strenght to defeat 75M HP Deus to carry the les geared players xD

Kintama
Apr 26, 2017, 11:31 AM
Sooo, do i have an incentive to upgrade anymore? Because if not might as well go back to unnaffixed 8-9* units, sega will make sure i never struggle anyway :-)

Naoya Kiriyama
Apr 26, 2017, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I agree. They shouldn't have nerfed the boss. In fact, they should have buffed it. Gave it like 120m HP, reduce the DPS check time and give the damage cap to 99,999 instead. That way it might pose a slight challenge compared to before

Cyber Meteor
Apr 26, 2017, 11:49 AM
Sooo, do i have an incentive to upgrade anymore?

There is actually one, though it's up to you to think it's one or not xD, the zeinesis 3rd Potent or Qliphod potent, with a 150 atk affix the x2 affix boost + 14% dmg makes you pretty much at same power than 14*, so i would say, if you want a granted way to have 14* power then you have one, if you don't want that power, well maybe just for the look, but it's a matter of taste, otherwise, well idk xD

Kondibon
Apr 26, 2017, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I agree. They shouldn't have nerfed the boss. In fact, they should have buffed it. Gave it like 120m HP, reduce the DPS check time and give the damage cap to 99,999 instead. That way it might pose a slight challenge compared to before
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I find it odd that people are complaining that they're nerfing him, when a harder version is going to come anyway.

Altiea
Apr 26, 2017, 12:18 PM
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I find it odd that people are complaining that they're nerfing him, when a harder version is going to come anyway.

Short term complaints. We can't really base our complaints on a future buff because one hasn't been announced yet.

Z-0
Apr 26, 2017, 12:35 PM
I personally think that being able to relatively easily fail a time-slotted boss is a horrible design decision, and to nerf Deus only makes sense. If they want to implement difficult content, it should not be emergency quests, but content that you can always play. The kind of difficulty that emergency quests should have is the potential to go further (i.e. do more runs), or a rating system (similar to TD), but not straight up failure.

Deus might not have been hard for me or you guys, but for many people PSO2 is just a casual grinding game, and failing and then being locked out of the quest since it's ended is not exactly what I'd call fun.

echofaith
Apr 26, 2017, 12:49 PM
I am curious of the win rate of this eq in Xh blocks now. I mean, all players on my team who got screwed from the 35 weapon thing not being able to get into expert blocks have told me they have never been able to win in those block yet. I can only assume is less than half the runs that succeed there.

Zephyrion
Apr 26, 2017, 01:07 PM
I personally think that being able to relatively easily fail a time-slotted boss is a horrible design decision, and to nerf Deus only makes sense. If they want to implement difficult content, it should not be emergency quests, but content that you can always play. The kind of difficulty that emergency quests should have is the potential to go further (i.e. do more runs), or a rating system (similar to TD), but not straight up failure.

Deus might not have been hard for me or you guys, but for many people PSO2 is just a casual grinding game, and failing and then being locked out of the quest since it's ended is not exactly what I'd call fun.

I'm not so mad at the nerf itself as I dislike the fact they were so prompt at nerfing it. A lot of people didn't even get to do the EQ enough to actually get used to it. You can't really say a boss is too easy or too hard until it was there long enough for people to figure stuff out by themselves

Reminder that first week Mama runs were averaging at 20-25 minutes in expert blocks, and now average at 10-12. I did a few XH blocks run, and while said runs were slower, they still vastly improved from the 1st week run I did on it back then. I wished they gave time for the dust to settle to see whether or not the nerf was warranted. I fear by the time more casual players get accustomed to it, the boss conversely becomes a bit too easy (and therefore boring)

Vatallus
Apr 26, 2017, 01:08 PM
I really doubt the 4 man version is going to be harder. Unless for the sole fact that there is only 4 people and more chance of you having something's aggro. Deus Esca will obviously be HP nerfed to compensate for only having 4 players though.

Masu
Apr 26, 2017, 01:21 PM
I am curious of the win rate of this eq in Xh blocks now. I mean, all players on my team who got screwed from the 35 weapon thing not being able to get into expert blocks have told me they have never been able to win in those block yet. I can only assume is less than half the runs that succeed there.
Considering the numerous 75/75 (or more) players I've seen with 20 ele Aura/Revo not +30 or barely grinded but with some few millions worth camos and the like (and I don't even want to talk about units...noble on 2 slots, like...really?) when I run LQ, XH failure rate must have reached stratosphere. It's not to bash, just reporting what I witnessed.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 26, 2017, 01:26 PM
I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the nerf.......as much as why it was done.

I don't think Sega is quick to do stuff like this and this something became an issue they noticed.

Recall someone earlier mentioning of maybe Expert Blocks seem to be able to do it while non Expert can't so maybe to compensate?

who knows.....

echofaith
Apr 26, 2017, 01:27 PM
I really doubt the 4 man version is going to be harder. Unless for the sole fact that there is only 4 people and more chance of you having something's aggro. Deus Esca will obviously be HP nerfed to compensate for only having 4 players though.

Well the videos from before release showed it doing 4 digits with a few attacks, so it should be safe to assume that people will die more often there. And apparently you fail if the death counter reaches 5, so I am sure quite a lot of parties will struggle with that :p

RadiantLegend
Apr 26, 2017, 01:28 PM
At some point there has to be an incentive to get better at the game. If mama collection files were still active maybe just maybe people can use those weapons against Mr. Dragon heads.

Kintama
Apr 26, 2017, 02:24 PM
There is actually one, though it's up to you to think it's one or not xD, the zeinesis 3rd Potent or Qliphod potent, with a 150 atk affix the x2 affix boost + 14% dmg makes you pretty much at same power than 14*, so i would say, if you want a granted way to have 14* power then you have one, if you don't want that power, well maybe just for the look, but it's a matter of taste, otherwise, well idk xD

No i mean, why? i could just bring a vita weapon and get rewarded for participating at this point, and if i'm lucky I would be the one looting the 14* weapon

Saagonsa
Apr 26, 2017, 02:34 PM

Except that you didn't get locked out if you failed previous Deus? As far as I know you got to try again as long as the EQ is active. Not to mention that if it really was THAT easy to fail (it wasn't) they could have done a ton of other things that don't include dropping its HP by like 20 million.

kuromechan
Apr 26, 2017, 02:39 PM
cater the people that don't even use their money to better their gear nor ask around how to get better. GJ sega

Zorak000
Apr 26, 2017, 02:56 PM
bonus points: wait until 1 minute after the eq starts before launching the quest

anyway, from a design standpoint quests with a failure condition that are also only available for a short window of time is a big mistake. "thrill ride" EQs are the best implementation for the EQ design, but yeah as you can see here not everybody is too "thrilled" at the idea. there is a lot they could do for challenging 12-player content but I would go as far as to say they would need to ditch the eq system in order to do that in a meaningful way

Neith
Apr 26, 2017, 02:59 PM
While I agree some of the mechanics of the fight needed adjusting (he doesn't give much access to his core in the important 5 minutes), I really don't think he needed a HP/ATK nerf and it just sounds like a lazy way of 'fixing' the problem.

Mind, this is nothing new. Seems like whenever there's any content that's challenging, it gets nerfed.

escarlata
Apr 26, 2017, 03:11 PM
Honestly I can see why they are trying to nerf his HP (although there are more elegant solutions, like increasing the DPS check window), but really can't comprehend the Atk nerfs. His attacks are so well telegraphed and so easy to read so people who don't understand (or try to understand) that probably deserve their death anyway.

Dualdiamond
Apr 26, 2017, 03:45 PM
Honestly I can see why they are trying to nerf his HP (although there are more elegant solutions, like increasing the DPS check window), but really can't comprehend the Atk nerfs. His attacks are so well telegraphed and so easy to read so people who don't understand (or try to understand) that probably deserve their death anyway.

More people die from his first form in the first few seconds of the EQ than in the rest of the run. Deus Hunar is the strongest boss in that EQ simply because of stun combo. Strangely absent from his 2nd form.

If we look at the other 2 raid bosses for Earth, their first day runs were much worse.

Yamato - Incoming lasers from Yamato, of course we all have to rush head first into them and get incinerated. Emetabu's giant energy ball before the gun destruction part was largely ignored as it nuked everyone, because clearly the Type15s are the threat and not the emergency trial presented before you. Yamato A.I.S. fight always resulted in everyone trying to destroy every single anti-air gun using their laser on them and getting nuked at the end.

Mother - Ride roid was even worse, as most people didn't figure out the spinning attack until near the end with everyone going, "ohh, so that's what you do". Killing the arms which weren't connected to her HP, and the short down time to actually hurt her. And of course the instant kill phantom Double walls. The cubes was death was guaranteed to happen in these first runs.

Deus Esca - Run in and kill everything. Kill kill kill. It's hard to mess this up, and only the DPS check at the end made them fail.

Less trash mobs than Yamato, less gimmicks than Mother.

Great Pan
Apr 26, 2017, 07:20 PM
The tears of elitists is so delicious, GJ SEGA!

Now I can leech with breeze, running around, doing nothing and still cleared the EQ!

GHNeko
Apr 26, 2017, 07:21 PM
75m -> 55m hp, boring

sums it up for me tbh.

ResidentSleeper

SteveCZ
Apr 26, 2017, 09:29 PM
They'd better release some numbers to justify this. I know the first instance of the EQ was terrible (didn't even reach 100% on ship2), but it seemed to be doing fine after that.
Would honestly rather they just get rid of the expert blocks. I mean yeah I'd get paired with more awful players, but it'd probably be better for the health of the game. Plenty of people have quit because they don't have the time to farm to get to +35 and felt like it just wasn't worth playing if they were stuck like that.
Nerfing stuff like this means we don't need expert blocks anyway. Make up your mind, sega. What do you want to do with this divide you've set in place??

It also doesn't really make much sense that they'll readily nerf multiplayer content so even the poorest of players grouped together can do it, but they won't even consider the thought of rebalancing their solo content so that it's even ground for all classes. (Or knock it the fuck off with their "rich get richer" timed spawns. The point of the solo content is "to challenge players," but the already good players just bypass the only challenging aspect of it.)

I want to hear their logic for this. Why is it better to never make multiplayer content challenging, but keep solo content prohibitively challenging depending on the class?

I'd rather have expert block for a reason to get faster run than to be able to finish a time-based content. Every block deserves its chance to finish the boss on its respective difficulty. I think that's the reason why Expert block still uses XH content and not Expert content that doesn't even exist.

Unless the XH block people actually attempted the non-existing Expert difficulty, then I don't see the reason why SEGA should care about our complaints of how this nerf makes this boss even easier.

escarlata
Apr 27, 2017, 02:13 AM
I'd rather have expert block for a reason to get faster run than to be able to finish a time-based content. Every block deserves its chance to finish the boss on its respective difficulty. I think that's the reason why Expert block still uses XH content and not Expert content that doesn't even exist.

Unless the XH block people actually attempted the non-existing Expert difficulty, then I don't see the reason why SEGA should care about our complaints of how this nerf makes this boss even easier.

Honestly they should just make that non-existing Expert difficulty a reality only for ppl who make it into Expert blocks, make it harder than XH and more rewarding as well. This also gives more incentive to clear the Expert block requirements.

SmolNeko
Apr 27, 2017, 06:52 AM
Seems like the usual case of SEGA handling a situation poorly. EP4 has been a wild ride.
I really hope they drop the EQ system almost entirely for EP5's content, an Episode of 4-man content that provides both a challenge but space to learn and adapt would be a wet dream for most at this point. At this point I wouldn't even care about rewards, I've had so many austere sidegrade reskins and marginally different unit sets basically handed to me, and still nothing worth using them on for more than 30 mins a day.

Taurus83
Apr 27, 2017, 07:22 AM
today only get no fail on this XH eq manage to defeat it timer remaining 1:32

morkie
Apr 27, 2017, 11:42 AM
The God of Nerf...o`o

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 27, 2017, 12:59 PM
I will admit after my first run of it last night I did notice less deaths (my part and others)

usually if I died it was from the initially slash he does which I'm sure one shots if it connects I just have bad timing.

Other than that im not close enough in mose cases where dying was an issue...

I did notice I could eat hits better....

Anduril
Apr 27, 2017, 01:25 PM
The run I did this morning was about 2 minutes shorter than all my previous ones. The biggest thing I noticed was that the snakes now go down a lot faster.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 27, 2017, 01:30 PM
I'd still be curious on what the deciding factor of them doing that was. Usually buff/nerf of EQ bosses happened later while this one was literally after release....

TyroneSama
Apr 27, 2017, 04:14 PM
I honestly don't understand why they're trying to stick to a single progression track anymore.

You can't design an encounter for casual players and hardcore players without upsetting at least one group. If they're going to stick with the idea of separating people via Expert Blocks, give players in those blocks something to do. Even something as simple as "same fight but more HP" would suffice. Dangle 10% increased file progression rate in front of people, or something similarly trivial, and it would be enough.

delcck
Apr 27, 2017, 08:04 PM
I honestly don't understand why they're trying to stick to a single progression track anymore.

You can't design an encounter for casual players and hardcore players without upsetting at least one group. If they're going to stick with the idea of separating people via Expert Blocks, give players in those blocks something to do. Even something as simple as "same fight but more HP" would suffice. Dangle 10% increased file progression rate in front of people, or something similarly trivial, and it would be enough.

Maybe there is anything to do with their revenue, like income from selling more powerful boost tickets, premium, ship transfer by urging causal players to catch up through all means? At least as a causal player, I start spending AC just to catch up progress in CF progression and rent storage for 13 star that I will never touch (I am maining Su/Gu) since last month as I am quite afraid to be out-dated and left behind.
If as a causal player and I can grind the same weapons with an easier boss, but just slower, I will have less pressure and become really causal about the game and probably not spending AC that frequently...

echofaith
Apr 27, 2017, 08:48 PM
Their original idea was to filter leechers, while still leaving casuals stay and be carried by tryhards. The problem is that you cant really separate casuals and leechers, because as far as doing content efficently goes, they are the same. Add reqs and casuals complains, while making things too easy will make leechers be in all MPAs .

To be honest, I feel middle ground players are probably the happiest now. I am not casual enough because I like to keep my gear on par and being able to be independent, at least outside EQs. But I am definitely not tryhard enough to be a carry, and I certainly enjoy being carried by other players when the opportunity arises. Knowing that bottom tier players are stuck in their own block makes me feel at ease cause I know I will get better chances of success with less effort. I am aware part of the stuck community have unlucky players who didnt have time to 35+ crap(while already rocking +40 austeres), but there are players to this date still cant beat stage 5 solo XQ despite all the cheese available, and I would be scared to know I have to EQ with those players :|

Vatallus
Apr 27, 2017, 10:32 PM
So how does changing the requirement to +35 13* NT and class COs completed stop you from being in a MPA with people that can't pass solo ExQ.

Totori
Apr 27, 2017, 10:35 PM
If you are on the expert block, you won't run into people who can't complete that quest. I mean the quest is a better high mark than the overly time consuming NT grind requirement.

Vatallus
Apr 27, 2017, 10:51 PM
Could of sworn they threw that requirement out and changed it to needing a +35 13* NT and "The Perfect...." CO clears to get into Expert Blocks? Because I couldn't get into them after the update weeks ago until I did that because screw my Austere.

Edit: I guess they didn't but it only requires 1 - 5 which is why most players have it anyway. The added requirement of needing a +35 13* NT or lv 120 pet is what keeps the last few players out.

Ship 9 for example during this very EQ right now was 1 full XH block vs 9 Expert blocks, and since 1-5 can be easily cheesed by Braver and a +35 13* NT only requiring a person to do CFs actively and not actually be good... well as the post below me says. It's a joke. I go to the XH blocks once in awhile because I have a few teammates that didn't give a shit about the +35 requirement and the runs down there are just as fast as Expert blocks... at least on Ship 9.

Madevil
Apr 27, 2017, 11:02 PM
of course there's no way to "completely" separate casuals and leechers, but $EGA is not doing enough effort on the mechanism
in expert block, bringing a weapon without unlocking lv3 potential, or not fully elemental affix to the instance is obviously a leecher...

If you are on the expert block, you won't run into people who can't complete that quest. I mean the quest is a better high mark than the overly time consuming NT grind requirement.

the filter it's a joke, it's qualified by title, so any characters under the same account can pass the filter
also, the solo XQ title doesn't ask people to clear without reviving

D-Inferno
Apr 27, 2017, 11:58 PM
If the +1 grind cap items were made easier to obtain, then this wouldn't be as large of an issue. But it sucks that the +35 requirement is more or less leading to nerfed bosses.

Madevil
Apr 28, 2017, 12:26 AM
If the +1 grind cap items were made easier to obtain, then this wouldn't be as large of an issue. But it sucks that the +35 requirement is more or less leading to nerfed bosses.

+35 is never a real issue, only leechers quote it for excuse
getting CF progressfor a +35 on Revo or Aura don't event need to go through XH EQ

+5 elemental affix is unbelievable cheap compare with the old Austere era, the AH price dropped a digit
so what? leechers will rather spend their MST on cosmetics, equipment affixing is always their last priority

GHNeko
Apr 28, 2017, 12:29 AM
we had months to get +35 weapons.

the requirement is on no one but those who fail to meet it lmao

reinforcers
Apr 28, 2017, 01:02 AM
I think the nerf is inevitable, but never really thought going to be this fast. well, for most people with 80 class level at hand might be good, but since the minimum requirements is 75/75 it definitely gonna get nerf.

about 80 requirement to get +35 or 120 pet, I believe they thought it as Heaven and Hell at first but since many people can do HnH even without those and many already did as well, they need new requirement, so there we got +35 requirement. not really that hard since we got revo or aura that can be completed without EQ (XH FQ MPA is all you need) and can be done till next year, added bonus to Hunter and Techer, can done without both with just wand and spear from grind enemy for Laia

Ryuhou
Apr 28, 2017, 02:33 AM
Making a boss easier and giving 10% more CF progression for the regular version sounds good. Though only as long as it translates to actually needing 1 more run of the EQ because otherwise no one would do the regular version anymore and it would be another general nerf, which isn't going to happen.

It's not possible to force casuals to stop being casual. Recently I joined a random party for the 40% triboost (I do like this incentive to party up) and the leader was going to do Deus (before nerf) with a Kenei +7 on BoBr for the exp boost from Another History.
Yeah, regardless of what gear and skills casuals are forced to bring to expert blocks, they still might very well throw them all out of the window and leech anyway.

That's why I think the only way to fix the problem is to somehow change the system that forces good players to carry casuals. Of course this won't happen any time soon because at the moment the only real reason to buy premium set is to squeeze into better blocks for EQs.
Sega isn't gonna give this up without a reason to buy premium good enough to replace this and we don't even have use for weapon or unit passes at the moment.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 28, 2017, 02:34 AM
pretty sure we're not the only ones complaining about Deus's nerf catering to low tier casuals

https://s26.postimg.org/p3ojgvdvd/nerf.jpg

https://twitter.com/Gimiemon/status/857821465583812609

今回の弱体化の本質。こういう連中って、一度許してしまうと今後も遠慮なく増長してくるのだ。 それに、これほど短絡的な発想のユーザーが長く居着いてくれるかというとそうではなく、更に古参ユーザーの 失望も買いゲームの寿命を縮める事になるので、今回の対応は評価しません。

The essence of this time's weakening. With this kind of group, if you allow them even once, they'll get even worse relentlessly in the future. Furthermore, when it comes to users with ideas as simplistic as these settling down for a long time, it's not like that, it further provokes the disappointment of senior users and shortens the lifetime of the game, so I don't appreciate this time's response.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image: /toge こんなの不平等だ!!修正してえ!僕たち実力もやる気も無いけど最高ランクのクエと最強の武器狙いに行けな いなんてヒドイ!!びええ

/toge (a thorn emoji, I guess) This is unfair! Fix it! We don't have any skills or motivation, but it's unfair that we can't go to the highest ranked quests or aim for the strongest weapons!! waah

translation done by a friend.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 28, 2017, 06:15 AM
LOL! That's to be expected though, i think they should have put the rematch alongside the EQ and not 3 weeks later because it pretty much misleads ppl, the expert ones in that case, into thinking all future contents and all the versions of it from the implementation of those requirements is meant for expert players. The Deus for expert players will be on May 10th, though you could argue that being 75/75 and still having ungrinded 10* weapons can be surrealistic but that's the reality of normal XH blocks, the one we have atm is just for collecting 13*s ezpz :p. Can this be called an "early access of an EQ" rather than the EQ? ha! maybe, it's become much more common these days to give early access promoted as the final game from big companies :p

Ziel
Apr 28, 2017, 06:49 AM
we had months to get +35 weapons.

the requirement is on no one but those who fail to meet it lmao

Months splitted into 1 month (more or less) per CF with limited time EQs and expiry dates, also the false idea that SEGA fed all its playerbase of "+35 is not required! is only for maximum powah!" which caused some of us to dont give a shit to farm the weapon 2 or 3 more times past max element because +27 atk didnt make shit of a difference then or now compared to the element, go check the topic when NT weapons released and 80% of people there were "meh ill max element and be done with it", "3 more times for that? ill keep max element thx" and the like.
Due to timezone and work hours i cant ever complete 6 cfs since i miss half the eqs of the day, but i guess its on me for not missing work so i could grind the cfs moar...

Ryuhou
Apr 28, 2017, 06:54 AM
Wait, the JP players are complaining about the nerf?
I really, REALLY hate this Japanese gaming mentality of "bring on the pain!". Japanese players seem to relish punishingly low odds in rng, cheap as hell bosses and intense grinds.
So they can feel so very special after spending endless hours when any sane person wouldn't want to spend half the time.

I am all for challenge, but there is a HUGE difference between actual fun challenge and simply cheap BS.
CQ 1 is an actual challenge and it's a ton of fun. Deus with the bs attack pattern, spamming attacks so fast using a skill like Warcry or MH or even just a mate will almost always get you hit and only being attackable so short you blink and you miss it, especially with the short time limit is pure cheap BS and not even remotely fun, it breaks far too many of the mechanics.

Zephyrion
Apr 28, 2017, 07:00 AM
Months splitted into 1 month (more or less) per CF with limited time EQs and expiry dates, also the false idea that SEGA fed all its playerbase of "+35 is not required! is only for maximum powah!" which caused some of us to dont give a shit to farm the weapon 2 or 3 more times past max element because +27 atk didnt make shit of a difference then or now compared to the element, go check the topic when NT weapons released and 80% of people there were "meh ill max element and be done with it", "3 more times for that? ill keep max element thx" and the like.
Due to timezone and work hours i cant ever complete 6 cfs since i miss half the eqs of the day, but i guess its on me for not missing work so i could grind the cfs moar...

that's only partly true though, they already changed gears about +35 cap with the introduction of SAF and weapons dropping with elevated caps, and even gave us Revo and Aura file with new pots for a whole year, exactly to compensate for that. Also let's not kid ourselves, OF COURSE they will give you an incentive to play the game more to get the shiniest weapon like every other game. just that JP schedule screw every other region, but that's a tangential problem really

Furthermore, while some files had ridiculously short expiration dates, Mother file was 4 months and Deus is now 6 which should be enough to +35 a few even if you only grab a few EQs here and there

However I do agree that while all of this is nice and dandy, they should have waited a little more for cap and +35 requirement (and being 80/80 for Gracia), since it's a shame they finally made +35 something accessible to literally everybody, without giving the time for whose who need to actually catch up. Not perfect but if you look at the whole thing, it's really not that bad

Meteor Weapon
Apr 28, 2017, 07:14 AM
I really, REALLY hate this Japanese gaming mentality of "bring on the pain!". Japanese players seem to relish punishingly low odds in rng, cheap as hell bosses and intense grinds.
So they can feel so very special after spending endless hours when any sane person wouldn't want to spend half the time.

I am all for challenge, but there is a HUGE difference between actual fun challenge and simply cheap BS.
CQ 1 is an actual challenge and it's a ton of fun. Deus with the bs attack pattern, spamming attacks so fast using a skill like Warcry or MH or even just a mate will almost always get you hit and only being attackable so short you blink and you miss it, especially with the short time limit is pure cheap BS and not even remotely fun, it breaks far too many of the mechanics.

Japanese aren't really that much about Deus's nerf but more about how the nerf seems to caters more on people who refuse to get their goddamn gear upgrade and just leech then complain the game is too hard for them. What made the nerf so unnacceptable is because it's only been one week and he's already getting nerfed to the ground because people can't be bothered to upgrade their gears to 10+ and just complain.

They are worried that this may become a trend to future contents. I don't even know if you even read what I posted up there. Heck it even came up with a translation along that drawing image.

isCasted
Apr 28, 2017, 08:01 AM
Deus with the bs attack pattern, spamming attacks so fast using a skill like Warcry or MH or even just a mate will almost always get you hit and only being attackable so short you blink and you miss it, especially with the short time limit is pure cheap BS and not even remotely fun, it breaks far too many of the mechanics.

I literally have no clue what you're talking about. Nearly all of his attacks are heavily telegraphed, knuckle slams and sword swipes are stupidly slow. I considered this boss to be easier than Elder (as he was back in the old good days when he still could fight back, that is) even before the nerf. The only thing I might be occasionally confused by is when dragon heads go on rampage at the start of DPS check, yet those don't even do much damage (need, probably, 3 of them to fire at me at once to kill my Fo).

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 28, 2017, 08:25 AM
Considering Revo (and Aura I believe) all have 1 year time spans....even if you don't play on a regular basis.....getting something to +35 for 80 cap requirements isn't even tedious anymore. The only time I can see that is if there is a particular CF 13* you want to +35 and due to real life time conflicts you can't get it....

But just in the sense of 80? The CFs is there......and isn't a reason other than possibly real life timing conflicts to prevent you from getting to 80.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 28, 2017, 09:55 AM

Super Casual to the rescue! (im not carrying bad players for a challenge just so you guys can continue to be bad)

The only remotely good thing out of this nerf is that i get to do 3 runs of Deus now but the nerf wasnt necessary at all. Everything readable, predictable, this EQ in fact had the right difficulty to it. hell even AFTER the nerf, people are still dropping to Deus's super obvious center platform explosion.

I look forward to casuals complaining about the 4 man quest version, wasting half dolls, 5 deaths = instant fail, too strict!!!

Calsetes
Apr 28, 2017, 09:57 AM
Did Hard Mode yesterday. Felt like a boss because I always tried my best to make sure the weak points were hit with Weak Shot when possible. Don't think I got anything amazing out of it other than maybe one of those rare 7* 1-stat requirement bows (which is awesome because I wanted a Braver for a character but didn't have one of those.)

millefeuille
Apr 28, 2017, 10:12 AM

That image! He understands the struggle! :-o

Though, he does have a point. Leechers (or players that refuse to improve) are kind of a problem, but is it that big of a problem? Not sure, but the nerf will pretty much kill any motivation to get better gear now, unless they're still failing it. So that I agree with totally.

Was the nerf really necessary?
Probably. You needed a full party of tryhards to even attempt carrying an undergeared MPA hitting at barely 5-7K DPS. Note that the minimum needed to be considered carrying your weight pre-nerf is around 8-9K DPS. The post-nerf minimum is ~6K DPS.

Did it really need to happen a week after release?
Probably not. Another week or two of data would have given them a better picture of what was happening before making any decisions.

Really, if they just credited the failed Deus EQ's with progression towards the CF (with a bonus for actually succeeding at the EQ), it would have made all the failures much more tolerable and a nerf wouldn't be needed. :(

ThePSOVeteran
Apr 28, 2017, 11:37 AM
I died usually 10 times the first time, but after that I only die 4 at most to being stupid and not paying attention, but the first time I did it we only had 25 seconds left after that we win with 2 minutes always in Expert. He really isn't that hard, I even started handicapping myself with Techer to level it instead of Force main to do more damage. He didn't need nerfing.

Loveless62
Apr 28, 2017, 01:17 PM
Really, if they just credited the failed Deus EQ's with progression towards the CF (with a bonus for actually succeeding at the EQ), it would have made all the failures much more tolerable and a nerf wouldn't be needed. :(
Players would then fail the EQ on purpose so they could get a second run (or more) and get extra CF progress. That's not a good solution.

Vatallus
Apr 28, 2017, 01:45 PM
Boy if there are people complaining that Deus attacks too fast I'd hate to see how well they do when fighting a tortoise.

millefeuille
Apr 28, 2017, 02:16 PM
Players would then fail the EQ on purpose so they could get a second run (or more) and get extra CF progress. That's not a good solution.

The failure would count as a run since it also presumes getting a boss crystal at the end.

But even if it didn't count, I wouldn't mind getting only a third or a fourth of CF progression compared to a completed run or even remove fuses from the failed Deus loot table. Just something to make the taste of constant failure less bitter. :-(

Zephyrion
Apr 28, 2017, 04:33 PM
The failure would count as a run since it also presumes getting a boss crystal at the end.

But even if it didn't count, I wouldn't mind getting only a third or a fourth of CF progression compared to a completed run or even remove fuses from the failed Deus loot table. Just something to make the taste of constant failure less bitter. :-(

The best and only way to remove the bitter taste of failure is grind your teeth and do your best to achieve victory. It feels all the more sweeter this way after all xD

AzurEnd
Apr 29, 2017, 03:05 AM
Personally for me I never felt satisfaction beating Deus... The ONLY thing keeping people from beating it was Gear. Aside from that the boss is a completely one dimensional damage sponge with no specific mechanics for players to adapt to all the while having attacks with absurdly long animations that are practically designed to waste time in a fight with a DPS Check, specially since those attacks arent threatening in any other way unless the boss decides to do attacks that dont leave it open back to back.

loafhero
Apr 29, 2017, 04:08 AM

Deus Esca Zephyros is quite possibly the slowest EQ boss in the game. Even if you don't invest skill tree points in Automate, there are plenty of easy opportunities to drink Monomate or Dimates or using War Cry or Massive Hunter during the Zephyros battle.

hell even AFTER the nerf, people are still dropping to Deus's super obvious center platform explosion.

Only complaint I have about this one ability of Deus is that its possible for a player to be delayed from being launched back onto the platform if a Photon Art animation hasn't been completed yet, increasing the risk of them being killed by the platform splitting attack.

Syanonn
Apr 29, 2017, 11:36 PM
I'm a recent returnee and I have only been able to clear this once on XH blocks in Ship 2 even after the nerf. Tried like 8-9 times already.
I'm able to stay alive most of the time but my damage output isn't that high.

I only got a 13 star weapon from collector files to +30 and Zieg's 11 star crafting quest units.

Any tips on improving or should I just uninstall like some people in this thread are saying.

Lyrise
Apr 29, 2017, 11:43 PM
You don't provide enough information regarding what class you play as, so I can only provide generic advice. I'd start with re-evaluating the skill trees and mag you have in place currently for your class. Units are very helpful too, but the bulk of your output is going to come from your skill tree and your equipped mag.

Zulastar
Apr 29, 2017, 11:51 PM
XH blocks in Ship 2
This is your problem. If you want to play you'll need up yourself to Expert blocks ASAP.

There will be twice wipes more on Rematch 'cause of this nerf. It's just made ppl loose their asses.
And I think there's a need to practice more on Ra in this battle 'cause each 4 ppl will need a WB

Syanonn
Apr 30, 2017, 12:14 AM
I'm an elemental stance dual blade Bo/Hu.
It's been a long time since I last played, but I'm using extended レクステー (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3% 82%A3%E3%83%BC) for 5 of the elements except wind (didn't need wind back then), but I got a wind one from collectors file but its only at elemental strength 20, I manage to get it to +30 but need to complete the collector file more to get it to 35.

My mag is 150 S-atk, 50 dex - i do regret the 50 dex but it was from before subclasses were introduced and needed some dex to equip some of the all class weapons.

Pretty typical Elemental stance build, did not invest any points into Break stance or any of the jet boot skills - and did not stack any S-atk or T-atk
Fury stance on the Hu subclass with massive hunter, iron will - I did pick up some hunter only skills since I was leveling it, but I have many free all skill reset passes throughout the years I played on and off.
I do have 10 points on craft mastery for Bo because I use extended weapons, at least until I can get my hands on more 13 stars.

But really even if I increase my damage output, that's just still 1 person out of 12... and been failing this over and over again so I don't think it is just my fault. I would like to try to get into the expert blocks.

How can i farm the collector files faster, mainly those Lv71+ bosses. And is summoner any easier to get in there? I did manage to get a 13 star redoran egg but I have no idea how to play this "new" class.

Altiea
Apr 30, 2017, 12:45 AM
I'm an elemental stance dual blade Bo/Hu.
It's been a long time since I last played, but I'm using extended レクステー (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3% 82%A3%E3%83%BC) for 5 of the elements except wind (didn't need wind back then), but I got a wind one from collectors file but its only at elemental strength 20, I manage to get it to +30 but need to complete the collector file more to get it to 35.

My mag is 150 S-atk, 50 dex - i do regret the 50 dex but it was from before subclasses were introduced and needed some dex to equip some of the all class weapons.

Pretty typical Elemental stance build, did not invest any points into Break stance or any of the jet boot skills - and did not stack any S-atk or T-atk
Fury stance on the Hu subclass with massive hunter, iron will - I did pick up some hunter only skills since I was leveling it, but I have many free all skill reset passes throughout the years I played on and off.
I do have 10 points on craft mastery for Bo because I use extended weapons, at least until I can get my hands on more 13 stars.

But really even if I increase my damage output, that's just still 1 person out of 12... and been failing this over and over again so I don't think it is just my fault. I would like to try to get into the expert blocks.

How can i farm the collector files faster, mainly those Lv71+ bosses. And is summoner any easier to get in there? I did manage to get a 13 star redoran egg but I have no idea how to play this "new" class.

I'll let other people explain about gearing up.

The fastest way to get into Expert Blocks is indeed Summoner. You do not need to play Summoner to do this, since you only need to have a Lv. 120 Pet in order to access Expert Blocks. Since you have a 13* Redran, you can feed it trash Eggs until you hit Lv. 100; then, you can then Limit Break your Pet to unlock the Lv. 120 cap. The grind curve spikes exponentially once you pass Lv. 100, but if you have Star Gems, you can use Star Gems to purchase an extra 5 rounds of feeding with double EXP. If you do this constantly with 9* trash Eggs, you can get Lv. 120 within two weeks. Boom, Expert Blocks.

Syanonn
Apr 30, 2017, 12:52 AM
I'll let other people explain about gearing up.

The fastest way to get into Expert Blocks is indeed Summoner. You do not need to play Summoner to do this, since you only need to have a Lv. 120 Pet in order to access Expert Blocks. Since you have a 13* Redran, you can feed it trash Eggs until you hit Lv. 100; then, you can then Limit Break your Pet to unlock the Lv. 120 cap. The grind curve spikes exponentially once you pass Lv. 100, but if you have Star Gems, you can use Star Gems to purchase an extra 5 rounds of feeding with double EXP. If you do this constantly with 9* trash Eggs, you can get Lv. 120 within two weeks. Boom, Expert Blocks.

What and how to limit break pets? I did manage to get Redran to Lv100 for now

Edit: Nvm, found it, Pietro limit break for me... Never tried this class still learning

Altiea
Apr 30, 2017, 01:02 AM
What and how to limit break pets? I did manage to get Redran to Lv100 for now

Edit: Nvm, found it, Pietro limit break for me... Never tried this class still learning

Mind that you don't actually need to play Summoner. You just need the Lv. 120 Pet, which is what the SG force feed method is supposed to accomplish.

Ether
Apr 30, 2017, 01:04 AM
OMG please do not cheese your way into the expert blocks if you're seriously using 8* weapons

You can complete the collection file for this (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A6%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B4%E3% 82%A9%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B0) weapon in 3, maybe 4 runs of todays featured quest Chaotic Darkness, which has a guaranteed Falz Angel at the end. In general the 4th featured quest is the best way to complete most of the aura and revolutio collection files since they have a variety of high level bosses.

Syanonn
Apr 30, 2017, 01:26 AM
OMG please do not cheese your way into the expert blocks if you're seriously using 8* weapons

You can complete the collection file for this (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A6%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B4%E3% 82%A9%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B0) weapon in 3, maybe 4 runs of todays featured quest Chaotic Darkness, which has a guaranteed Falz Angel at the end. In general the 4th featured quest is the best way to complete most of the aura and revolutio collection files since they have a variety of high level bosses.

Like I said I haven't played in awhile. But are extended/crafted weapons that bad now? I remember back then, there wasn't a super big difference 7~9 star extended weapons compared to the 11star(?) weapons that was top end gear at the time. Some of the 10 star weapons actually got worse when you extended them.

I do have a 13star revolutio dual blade at +30, but my extended レクスティー still do more damage if I match the elemental weakness because of elemental stance and the potential on it.

Edit: Thx for the featured quest tip though, I just ran one and got good progress on my 2nd revolutio and my first aura collection file

isCasted
Apr 30, 2017, 02:27 AM
"Expert" blocks are only expert in the name. Main requirement for it is clearing 1-5 of Heaven and Hell XQ, which shouldn't be too hard even with what you have right now (I cleared it casually with a 1* sword, there was one guy who did it barehanded even). It should be treated as a test of competence, not something special.

13* +35/lv120 pet requirement is kinda dumb, and getting a pet to lv120 will take a really long while. Your other option is doing Laia's and Lumia's COs, they give the easiest 13* ever. If you have 3 characters with access to SH, you can +35 a weapon in 2 sittings (requirements are 300 enemies, cooldown is 3 days).

Still, if you need an actually decent weapon before you can get your actual 13* set, get a bunch of Nox Dinas-NT (1235 S-ATK at +35, 15% Elemental Stance damage boost potential). You can now freely buy 12* weapons, and these usually get cheaper after major EQs like PD, Mother and some others.

Asellus
Apr 30, 2017, 07:37 AM
Dues got nerfed and the p.u.g. community still sucks a fat one. People dying left and right, no zondeel, no efficiency, forces and techers needing to be told to buff. How the fuck does nerfed deus esca take 18min? I'll tell you how, SHIT, DPS.
/rant.

Kintama
Apr 30, 2017, 08:13 AM
Dues got nerfed and the p.u.g. community still sucks a fat one. People dying left and right, no zondeel, no efficiency, forces and techers needing to be told to buff. How the fuck does nerfed deus esca take 18min? I'll tell you how, SHIT, DPS.
/rant.

It's like you're complaining about having a struggle

doomdragon83
Apr 30, 2017, 08:35 AM
13* +35/lv120 pet requirement is kinda dumb, and getting a pet to lv120 will take a really long while. Your other option is doing Laia's and Lumia's COs, they give the easiest 13* ever. If you have 3 characters with access to SH, you can +35 a weapon in 2 sittings (requirements are 300 enemies, cooldown is 3 days).
Having access to SH means that PSU/Portable and anime NPCs can show up for an E-trial and you'll have a chance at getting their respective 13* weapon as a reward for clearing the trial. Make sure to not have those NPCs in your party though.

Ryuhou
May 1, 2017, 11:05 AM
I literally have no clue what you're talking about. Nearly all of his attacks are heavily telegraphed, knuckle slams and sword swipes are stupidly slow. I considered this boss to be easier than Elder (as he was back in the old good days when he still could fight back, that is) even before the nerf. The only thing I might be occasionally confused by is when dragon heads go on rampage at the start of DPS check, yet those don't even do much damage (need, probably, 3 of them to fire at me at once to kill my Fo).
Some kind of lag or other I apparently get most times, in general lag is pretty bad recently.
Had a run recently where I dodged virtually every attack with the same timing as always.

Then again, I had a couple of glitch outs as well like glitching right through the dragons taking no damage from them and not being able to attack or lockon on to them while they were damageable.
Also had deus spasm out a couple of times.

As for the nerf, the entire game is focusing more and more on casuals, complaining about a single nerf for a single eq just shows how little jps care about major issues (which is why sega won't fix them).

Ofc as always the worst is the permaban from abandoning eqs, the far majority of the times that is better players not wanting to carry leechers. Complaining about a nerf that makes it easier for carriers because you don't need a decent mpa for finishing the quest (some friends took the bullet and abandoned cause the mpas were this) instead of complaining the need to carry them in the first place is another sign that jp players are just dumb.

Meteor Weapon
May 1, 2017, 11:31 AM
As for the nerf, the entire game is focusing more and more on casuals, complaining about a single nerf for a single eq just shows how little jps care about major issues (which is why sega won't fix them).

The nerf was a major issue because it encourages leechers and casuals not to gear up, and if they keep that up it becomes a lot more worse in the future.

I don't really know what you're talking about them complaining about the nerf shows how little care JP has. They complain because they care.

TehCubey
May 1, 2017, 12:18 PM
I don't even know what Ryuhou's point is anymore. Feels like his posts are just complaining for the sake of it.

There's a lot to complain about but still.

Vatallus
May 1, 2017, 04:43 PM
Time for a new difficulty level and then nerf that too.

Ryuhou
May 2, 2017, 05:07 AM
The nerf was a major issue because it encourages leechers and casuals not to gear up, and if they keep that up it becomes a lot more worse in the future.

I don't really know what you're talking about them complaining about the nerf shows how little care JP has. They complain because they care.
The point is the entire game is focused on casuals and mainly the permaban is the real problem cause now casuals can rest assured good players will not abandon them.
Complaining about a nerf that benefits everyone is this fucked up state is bs and shows the jps have no idea wtf they are talking about, they complain about the nerf making casuals get more casual when the entire fucking game is catering to them now more than ever.
In the first place, an arbitrary DPS benchmark that decides success or failure is bs.

We are forced to carry leechers and casuals or get banned. The nerf means at least we don't have a real chance at failing the quest anymore even if we get a really bad mpa (as we can no longer leave and try to find a better one).

Not getting this just means you need to actually read my post and don't bitch about it after barely skimming thought it.

Zephyrion
May 2, 2017, 05:45 AM
The point is the entire game is focused on casuals and mainly the permaban is the real problem cause now casuals can rest assured good players will not abandon them.
Complaining about a nerf that benefits everyone is this fucked up state is bs and shows the jps have no idea wtf they are talking about, they complain about the nerf making casuals get more casual when the entire fucking game is catering to them now more than ever.
In the first place, an arbitrary DPS benchmark that decides success or failure is bs.

We are forced to carry leechers and casuals or get banned. The nerf means at least we don't have a real chance at failing the quest anymore even if we get a really bad mpa (as we can no longer leave and try to find a better one).

Not getting this just means you need to actually read my post and don't bitch about it after barely skimming thought it.

You know what you both said is not incompatible, the only issue is that SEGA can't seem to decide what to do at all, which is kinda detrimental for the game

Nerfing the main EQ is understandable to cater to the more casual population, but one of its main drawbacks is that the people that can be carried all the way through lv 80 don't have the skill and gear to pull their own weight, which will be detrimental for Gracia and all the 4 man content SEGA has been teasing. not even to mention solo PD and the possible occurence of other solo raid bosses in the future. So this nerf is really more of a short-term benefice and will probably be another detrimental step for the more casual players, since it translates into more time before realising they are not up to par, and therefore locked out of some content

People need to stop thinking in terms of casual players and "senior" players as two separate entities (even if all the decisions taken so far by PSO2 crew seems to indicate they think of their playerbase as such) A senior is merely a casual that decided to put effort in the game at some point. and when you make a game, it should be appealing to the casual playerbase, while giving them incentive to become better (since it translates to them playing more and probably spending money on the game, which is the basic MMO formula really). to access to harder content

The "somewhat kinda a little, but only a bit tight" DPS check, as awfully implemented as it was, could have been a step in that direction to help players take that step, but they ended up backtracking to make it a "might as well not exist" DPS check, which gives less incentive to access to that harder content (the difficulty gap between solo/4-man and mpa content is already huge as is. no need to widen the gap further). This point is the underlying issue about the worries concerning the health of the game.Whether they are warranted or not is something we'll see in the future.

Selphea
May 2, 2017, 05:54 AM
Been getting consistent clears before the timer goes below 3: xx here. Haven't run into a bad expert block pub yet.

I see Deus as the MMO equivalent of an open world event boss. Those are usually casual friendly affairs where anyone canhop in, drop some DPS on a pinata and get loot.

There should be challenging content of course. I wish UQs were converted into 4-player affairs with their main reward on a cooldown that resets at midnight. Throw in all the mean stuff like DPS checks and timers for better rewards. They could retool Slave NT and Nemesis NT with more practical potentials, and create a 12* upgrade path for Guranz and Diabo sets. If you could gear up by running the UQs 1x/day that'd be something to do during EQ downtime.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 2, 2017, 07:15 AM
I guess I shouldn't talk since usually I can find positives in just about anything.....and probably because I usually only do EQs with team members but....

Why was the DPS check a huge issue?

Was a lot of groups not meeting it?

While not the same style of game doesn't Odin in FFXIV have a damage check after an allotted time or OHKO?

Zephyrion
May 2, 2017, 07:23 AM
I guess I shouldn't talk since usually I can find positives in just about anything.....and probably because I usually only do EQs with team members but....

Why was the DPS check a huge issue?

Was a lot of groups not meeting it?

While not the same style of game doesn't Odin in FFXIV have a damage check after an allotted time or OHKO?

The DPS check wasn't a huge issue even pre-nerf but it would seem a lot of groups had fails so it ended up being nerfed

The nerf itself isn't such a bad idea but

-it was nerfed in one week, which is too fast to decide whether the bar was too high or not
- It was a sweeping nerf, greatly reducing deus' HP and even his power by a significant amount. They could have made a small nerf just to test the waters before comitting to such a big one. A lot of people mentioned the fact having more time to clear the DPS check would have been simpler and more elegant, which brings back the feeling of a "rushed" nerf.

Calsetes
May 2, 2017, 07:36 AM

Eh, the Odin thing is a bit different. He's a bit of a bitch to kill, but once you get his HP below a certain threshold, he literally stops doing EVERYTHING to charge his OHKO attack. No moving, no attacking, no blocking, he stands there while his gauge for Zanetsuken (or whatever it's called) charges up slowly. This means essentially that everyone and their brother can (and should) go hog-wild on the damage because you're either going to kill him in time to stop him, or you're all going to die a horrible, horrible death.

With the Deus fight, the 5-minute timer starts, and then he leaves small openings for burst damage to pop up through the fight. You're still dodging, healing, and now you have (I think) smaller windows to deal that damage during those changes.

doomdragon83
May 2, 2017, 07:50 AM
With the Deus fight, the 5-minute timer starts, and then he leaves small openings for burst damage to pop up through the fight. You're still dodging, healing, and now you have (I think) smaller windows to deal that damage during those changes.
This. Unless He does the fist slam thing or drags his hands across the field twice, he's mostly untouchable save for techniques and ranged attacks maybe. His other attacks such as horizontal sword swipe, overhead sword swing, thorns from below and "Grants?" keep him out of range and if he spams those attacks back to back, you have no choice but to wait.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 2, 2017, 07:59 AM
Provided I've only done Deus with team members anytime we did it he was usually always attacking to the point where the time wasn't an issue. On average there' still 3 minutes left. (pre nerf probably 2minutes) but I suppose organized rounds a bit different than pugs

Calsetes
May 2, 2017, 08:32 AM
Plus add in a bad call on where to dodge-roll to during the "fist slams" as the only Ranger in the 12-person group (or at least the only one using Weak Bullet) essentially means the group can't get a damage bonus during that short period since hey, I just got knocked with a fist OR happened to have a giant thorny bush sprout directly under my ass, sending me flying and requiring me to drink a juicebox or else risk dying and leaving the group even further behind.

That downtime adds up to a lot of missed potential damage. Mind you, I haven't even tried anything above Hard in this (not geared or leveled), but given that it can be that bad on Hard, I can only imagine what it's like on VH or SH.

Meteor Weapon
May 2, 2017, 09:59 AM
Plus add in a bad call on where to dodge-roll to during the "fist slams" as the only Ranger in the 12-person group (or at least the only one using Weak Bullet) essentially means the group can't get a damage bonus during that short period since hey, I just got knocked with a fist OR happened to have a giant thorny bush sprout directly under my ass, sending me flying and requiring me to drink a juicebox or else risk dying and leaving the group even further behind.

That downtime adds up to a lot of missed potential damage. Mind you, I haven't even tried anything above Hard in this (not geared or leveled), but given that it can be that bad on Hard, I can only imagine what it's like on VH or SH.

Normal-Hard mode is pretty much where almost everyone is just getting to the basics. VH-SH is probably where you'd notice there will be a difficulty jump and need to hone skills and geared up as possible as you can. On XH you are expected to know most of what you are doing with your class and get decent enough gears. Getting to 75/75 isn't an easy journey, a lot off bullshit and frustration needed to get to that point so I'm kinda wondering how and why people are still having too much trouble with Deus to the point of nerfing.

IchijinKali
May 2, 2017, 10:18 AM
Normal-Hard mode is pretty much where almost everyone is just getting to the basics. VH-SH is probably where you'd notice there will be a difficulty jump and need to hone skills and geared up as possible as you can. On XH you are expected to know most of what you are doing with your class and get decent enough gears. Getting to 75/75 isn't an easy journey, a lot off bullshit and frustration needed to get to that point so I'm kinda wondering how and why people are still having too much trouble with Deus to the point of nerfing.

As someone said earlier they nerfed him too early it took a few days before clearing mother became an easier task thanks to experience in seeing all the patterns, I still have pugs that can't clear those cubes yet mother never got a nerf. If SEGA had given it another week before deciding on what needed to be done, if anything, then there would've been no issue. However they should've just done what someone near the middle of this thread said "They can just increase the 5 minutes to 7-10 minutes".

Though honestly I DON'T CARE about the nerf the faster the EQ is cleared the faster I can see no 12* units or 13/14* weapons dropped.

Zulastar
May 2, 2017, 11:00 AM
I'll just repeat myself about SEGA nerfed Deus and community can't train itself enough for the Rematch release.
I smell LOTS of whines here about only ~10% of PUGs can clear it with one try.

Vatallus
May 2, 2017, 12:29 PM
I still love hearing the terms "elitist" "casuals" "seniors" in this game. Like damn. We are all literally pushing the same buttons and with Collection Files/Sheets/NPCs no one has an excuse to not have a 13* yet. So I guess the only two differences now is knowledge and someone actually investing a few mill into their gear because Sega keeps making it easier to do affixes.

Both of which should be easily obtainable by just playing the game or asking someone which PAs they should be using. For example if you are the only Ranger in the MPA and I see a Sphere Eraser being used on Deus while he is down instead of End Attract then we probably need to have a talk.

Lyrise
May 2, 2017, 12:29 PM
Get ready for a lot more salt then. Deus Esca Gracia has a minimum requirement of 80/80. Meaning the people running it already should have access to the Expert blocks currently; if those players are whining about having issues with the current EM, then they have zero chance against the rematch.

Vatallus
May 2, 2017, 12:33 PM
Get ready for a lot more salt then. Deus Esca Gracia has a minimum requirement of 80/80. Meaning the people running it already should have access to the Expert blocks currently; if those players are whining about having issues with the current EM, then they have zero chance against the rematch.

They don't deserve to win then. ;)

Zulastar
May 2, 2017, 12:44 PM

I think most of them just bring only 80 they can get so...

Meteor Weapon
May 2, 2017, 12:57 PM
Gonna admit that I'm not ready with Gracia even if it's 4/4 and plus with its 5 time death fail penalty that may or may not start a blame war, but im still gonna call the bullshit they were pulling on Solo PD being a time limited quest. I mean why couldn't they'd just leave it there? I know there are triggers for that, but it doesn't really make any sense for making it unavailable after a period of time.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 2, 2017, 01:03 PM
Was late. Puged on B14. Failed dps check. Spent 10 minutes on that block looking at everyone's gear, and only found like 3-4 people that were in passable shape. I must have seen 2-3 Br/Bos with katanas.
Never leaving expert blocks again.

Zulastar
May 2, 2017, 01:30 PM
Was late. Puged on B14. Failed dps check. Spent 10 minutes on that block looking at everyone's gear, and only found like 3-4 people that were in passable shape. I must have seen 2-3 Br/Bos with katanas.

B20 - 16 mins, 1.44 left - almost failed, no techer (no buffs), 5-6 ppl stable dead after countdown start...
Worst result I've got till now but 32 cubes and 4 fuses got >_<

millefeuille
May 2, 2017, 02:03 PM

The worst MPA I've gotten post-nerf was yesterday. It comprised of:

8 people who were below the required DPS mark. 13* weapons are fine, but a +0 to +9 grind is not. :-x
1 person was katana'ing at the minimum DPS required.
And only 3 people hitting past that (11%, 13%, 26% of total damage, respectively).

We managed to succeed with 20 seconds left, but it was the closest I've come to my first failed run since the nerf.

So, fun times at the XH blocks! ^^;

Great Pan
May 2, 2017, 07:07 PM
Moral of the story : Less fashion, more gear investments.

Madevil
May 2, 2017, 08:48 PM
The worst MPA I've gotten post-nerf was yesterday. It comprised of:

8 people who were below the required DPS mark. 13* weapons are fine, but a +0 to +9 grind is not. :-x
1 person was katana'ing at the minimum DPS required.
And only 3 people hitting past that (11%, 13%, 26% of total damage, respectively).

We managed to succeed with 20 seconds left, but it was the closest I've come to my first failed run since the nerf.

So, fun times at the XH blocks! ^^;

normally it's like 3 out of 12 failed the 8.3% average point
but... it's boosting week, expect to see all kind of leechers in pug
now it's usually only 4 or 5 above 8.3%... and the top one sometimes has to carry over 20% of total damage output

yep... expert block my ass

Vatallus
May 2, 2017, 08:54 PM
Last time my teammate ran the parser I did 9m damage to Deus as Fighter.... pretty sure he only has 55m. Anyway, I suppose you can't expect everyone to do the average. If you have players that are very good you're going to end up with teammates doing below average.

Raujinn
May 2, 2017, 09:50 PM
IIRC the minimum DPS per person is 2.7k. I think it's 10M hp over 5min, so 10M/300/12. I'm pretty sure I could reach 2k with starter gear so idk what people are doin. :(

millefeuille
May 2, 2017, 10:24 PM
IIRC the minimum DPS per person is 2.7k. I think it's 10M hp over 5min, so 10M/300/12. I'm pretty sure I could reach 2k with starter gear so idk what people are doin. :(

There's an HP split between the Dragon Heads and Deus himself that sometimes the plugin won't/can't separate at times, so I usually see it as ~20M. The minimum to pass DPS needed in a 12-man MPA during the 5 minute window is 67K (or 5.5K (8.3% of total damage) per person; I use 6K as the minimum since you want to beat Deus before the timer runs out. All of this is from after the fact analysis with ACT, so I'm not sure how OverParse reports it.

Really, the main problem with XH Blocks are undergeared players who really shouldn't be in XH, especially if they only do 1000 damage to a tower in MBD's. I don't mind carrying them, but it would really help if they actually put more meseta into their gear. ^^;

Vatallus
May 2, 2017, 11:15 PM
It really doesn't cost a lot these days to make competent gear. It confuses me to see people still running around with trash affix gear that probably dropped that way for them when you could probably spend 1m per unit and make a 4 slot with Soul/Attack/Spirita or Stamina/Mod

Did a XH run with a teammate... had one playing using luxe units, not affixed, with a torim. I'm glad we still can't check to see what level people's pet are or what candy they are using.

Anyway 67k dps isn't asking for a lot. Most runs I do see Deus Esca dying at around the 3:30 mark.

millefeuille
May 2, 2017, 11:47 PM
It really doesn't cost a lot these days to make competent gear. It confuses me to see people still running around with trash affix gear that probably dropped that way for them when you could probably spend 1m per unit and make a 4 slot with Soul/Attack/Spirita or Stamina/Mod

Did a XH run with a teammate... had one playing using luxe units, not affixed, with a torim. I'm glad we still can't check to see what level people's pet are or what candy they are using.

Anyway 67k dps isn't asking for a lot. Most runs I do see Deus Esca dying at around the 3:30 mark.

It really isn't. I still have yet to see a Deus run end before 3 minutes though on XH.

I don't really mind the problems though, especially since I've noticed some improvements with the usual XH people with their gear (a lot of Ideal Units, decently grinded/affixed 13* weapons) compared to a week ago. The struggle and the losses weren't all for nothing at least.

What does annoy me are the Expert Block/Level 80 requirements since I've pretty much done everything but have a +35 weapon. So, I'm doing Battle Arena just for that Max Grind +1 for my +34 Astrals, and working towards a throwaway +35 Aura weapon just to enter.

Just, ugh. :-x

Altiea
May 2, 2017, 11:49 PM
It really isn't. I still have yet to see a Deus run end before 3 minutes though on XH.

I don't really mind the problems though, especially since I've noticed some improvements with the usual XH people with their gear (a lot of Ideal Units, decently grinded/affixed 13* weapons) compared to a week ago. The struggle and the losses weren't all for nothing at least.

What does annoy me are the Expert Block/Level 80 requirements since I've pretty much done everything but have a +35 weapon. So, I'm doing Battle Arena just for that Max Grind +1 for my +34 Astrals, and working towards a throwaway +35 Aura weapon just to enter.

Just, ugh. :-x

Force feeding 13* Pets works too, just saying.

millefeuille
May 2, 2017, 11:57 PM
Force feeding 13* Pets works too, just saying.

I haven't played SU since last year, so I didn't focus on 13* pets (I don't have one :-( ). But once I get the 13* Maron, I'll probably do just that.

AzurEnd
May 3, 2017, 12:09 AM
Another thing I really, especially in my MPAs in the XH Block is that more than half my MPA seems to be dead at any given moment during the second half of the fight. They cant reach the minimum DPS if they are dead thats for sure.

Lyrise
May 3, 2017, 12:12 AM
The more I read the latest articles from Famitsu and Dengeki, the more I realize that the nerf is probably to goad people into the ultimate despair when Deus Esca Gracia hits next week.

The latest limitation to hit as per how Famitsu worded this warning: When you clear Deus Esca Zephyros, you get only 1 chance to challenge Deus Esca Gracia. Meaning If you fail, if you get disconnected, or you rage quit, that's it for you until the next time the EM shows up. You don't get to try again within the same session.

Vatallus
May 3, 2017, 12:30 AM
Boy I'm glad I have 1.3k hp pre techer deband on Fighter...

Probably gunna fail my first run anyway.

Madevil
May 3, 2017, 12:36 AM
The more I read the latest articles from Famitsu and Dengeki, the more I realize that the nerf is probably to goad people into the ultimate despair when Deus Esca Gracia hits next week.

The latest limitation to hit as per how Famitsu worded this warning: When you clear Deus Esca Zephyros, you get only 1 chance to challenge Deus Esca Gracia. Meaning If you fail, if you get disconnected, or you rage quit, that's it for you until the next time the EM shows up. You don't get to try again within the same session.

hum... still doesn't sound quite right...
if the average pug can't finish the normal challenge version, how do we expect they to beat the hardcore one?
lower the limitation would end up with more un-geared players flooding the Gracia pug

Altiea
May 3, 2017, 12:38 AM
hum... still doesn't sound quite right...
if the average pug can't finish the normal challenge version, how do we expect they to beat the hardcore one?
lower the limitation would end up with more un-geared players flooding the Gracia pug

But the people who can play the Gracia fight aren't "the average pug".

These are four players with 80/80. Also, Gracia's stats will probably scale to the lower number of players.

Lyrise
May 3, 2017, 12:41 AM
It's more or less to address the subset of players who were only able to clear Zephyros AFTER the nerf, but talk big about being able to beat it down so easily. Much like how we have a few people who talk smack about Solo PD... AFTER they reach level 80.

oratank
May 3, 2017, 03:40 AM
But the people who can play the Gracia fight aren't "the average pug".

These are four players with 80/80. Also, Gracia's stats will probably scale to the lower number of players.

lol you know 80/80 isn't THAT HARD as you think because i saw many 80/80 with shit gear on Xh block and i didn't 80/80 yet when i saw those guys

GHNeko
May 3, 2017, 04:40 AM
lol you know 80/80 isn't THAT HARD as you think because i saw many 80/80 with shit gear on Xh block and i didn't 80/80 yet when i saw those guys

we're in boost week and we just had a boost week pass.

it's currently not that hard to get to 80, but generally you're not gonna see everyone walking around at 80/80.

Cyber Meteor
May 3, 2017, 06:29 AM
According to bumped.org, Deus Esca Gracia will have more attack power and defense than Zephyros, so it really seems like it's gonna be a hard quest with not a lot of clears on 1st try. Well you still got 1 hour but avoiding 5 total deaths in a 4 man mpa is gonna be hard. Also we don't know if he's gonna have the same HP amount than Zephyros, probably not but who knows?

oratank
May 3, 2017, 07:42 AM
Te gonna be a must has in 4 man eq pretty sure with deband cut +hp nothing can 1 shot kill

Loveless62
May 3, 2017, 10:20 AM
According to bumped.org, Deus Esca Gracia will have more attack power and defense than Zephyros, so it really seems like it's gonna be a hard quest with not a lot of clears on 1st try. Well you still got 1 hour but avoiding 5 total deaths in a 4 man mpa is gonna be hard. Also we don't know if he's gonna have the same HP amount than Zephyros, probably not but who knows?
The preview video shows that the 5 minute blow-up-the-Earth timer is part of the Gracia fight, so I would certainly hope Gracia has reduced HP.

AzurEnd
May 3, 2017, 10:38 AM
The preview video shows that the 5 minute blow-up-the-Earth timer is part of the Gracia fight, so I would certainly hope Gracia has reduced HP.

Well theres a bunch of videos showing people 4-man clearing the current Zephyros, so if Sega is Sega expect the fight to be largely unchanged.
Well I guess people can look on the bright side. They will be getting that coordinated "Challenging" Content they have been wanting.

Loveless62
May 3, 2017, 11:42 AM
Well theres a bunch of videos showing people 4-man clearing the current Zephyros, so if Sega is Sega expect the fight to be largely unchanged.
Well I guess people can look on the bright side. They will be getting that coordinated "Challenging" Content they have been wanting.
I'm not sure how "expect the fight to be largely unchanged" follows from "if Sega is Sega". Recall that Sega tuned Solo PD differently from the 12-player version of the EQ, although I grant that the boss HP is reduced to only to 1/4 when you face the fight with 1/12 of the manpower.

I realize that the previews imply that Gracia will be overall more challenging than the Zephyros version. I am not sure if we can conclude where Sega is going to set the bar yet though. I do not expect Gracia to be "largely unchanged" from Zephyros.

Altiea
May 3, 2017, 12:14 PM
Well you still got 1 hour

You can only try the Quest once per instance. If you fail it, that's it.

AzurEnd
May 3, 2017, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure how "expect the fight to be largely unchanged" follows from "if Sega is Sega". Recall that Sega tuned Solo PD differently from the 12-player version of the EQ, although I grant that the boss HP is reduced to only to 1/4 when you face the fight with 1/12 of the manpower.

I realize that the previews imply that Gracia will be overall more challenging than the Zephyros version. I am not sure if we can conclude where Sega is going to set the bar yet though. I do not expect Gracia to be "largely unchanged" from Zephyros.

Well they are also tuning it for 80/80 Only with 4 people. From what info we currently have on it the Gracia fight will have more defense and from what little footage there is it seems he deals more damage and will use his instant kill attack outside of just the final few seconds on the clock if you stagger him. I just dont see Gracia being much different from regular Zephyros as that would require them to rework a majority of the fight seeing as its mostly an on rails set piece, now with even more DPS Checks.
Zephyros is the laziest boss I have seen in a long time and if thats the effort they put into that final phase of the fight I dont see them doing many adjustments to Gracia outside of whats already there. If anything I hope they make Gracia's animations faster so its not such a slog waiting for him to do something.

Cyber Meteor
May 3, 2017, 01:15 PM
You can only try the Quest once per instance. If you fail it, that's it.

I didn't mean it in "quest is available for one hour" but the timer once the quest starts, it will be 1 hour as the Zephy EQ :p

Altiea
May 3, 2017, 01:22 PM
I didn't mean it in "quest is available for one hour" but the timer once the quest starts, it will be 1 hour as the Zephy EQ :p

Oh. That makes more sense, then.

starwind75043
May 3, 2017, 04:40 PM
oops wrong thread XD

Asellus
May 3, 2017, 06:35 PM
I run three ships, and run (or try to run) raid bosses three times. I've honestly given up faith in the community. Here's why: Gunners who don't chain, Forces and Techers who don't buff/heal, use zanverse or zondeel (I mean really, what the fuck are you doing), Fighter/Hunters not running limit break, and on and on.

Even though the player base can get to 80/80, it doesn't mean that they know how to play their build and on that note, anyone bragging about having all of their classes maxed is usually the buffoon who can't play a single one of them correctly.

Not being able to run three raids isn't the issue because over time raid bosses become easier/faster to put down. The issue is players being seemingly clueless about how to play their build. Suck-ass players.

Masu
May 3, 2017, 11:45 PM
I *snip*Forces and Techers who don't buff/heal, use zanverse or zondeel (I mean really, what the fuck are you doing)*snip*

^This^.
Seems like a new trend. Super fun to have to switch my MA ring for wide support ring while they are around but not doing the aformentioned "tasks" while I play Su :v Last time (2 Deus eq ago) it happened I also heard compound ready sound just once...:-?

Flaoc
May 3, 2017, 11:56 PM
expecting fo main to become a support bitch Kermitpls.. at most they only need to drop zanverse and zondeel and shifta if no te (ya know.. the things fote normally do for themselves).. with that said they dont need to go out of their way to make sure everyone gets buffed either especially in deus where fote is dominant in damage.. they just drop zv and continue what they were doing

te on the other hand.. yea they should be doing all of the above

Masu
May 4, 2017, 12:15 AM
I'll keep this in mind when I'll be the only one to have the ability to buff and heal when I run mom...after all I have my Fornis talis to take care of my hp *rolleyes*
There are enough downtime during Deus to think about something else than yourself even if playing Fo. My 2 cents.

Madevil
May 4, 2017, 12:30 AM
boosting weeks are always amazing,

got 2 TE in a pug run, no debend, barely use shifta and resta

oh... and the zanverse was dealt by a su

that's reality in expert block

Altiea
May 4, 2017, 01:01 AM
As Boots main, I do one of two things: Attack, or support. I always check for TE in the MPA; no TE means I spend most of the Quest doing buff/Zanverse upkeep, otherwise I just go for Vinto rotations. 22% Zanverse isn't a lot, but something's gotta be done to support the MPA, and I'm not going to sit idly by and detract from the MPA by not buffing or Zanversing.

Great Pan
May 4, 2017, 03:49 AM
boosting weeks are always amazing,

got 2 TE in a pug run, no debend, barely use shifta and resta

oh... and the zanverse was dealt by a su

that's reality in expert block

So, what did they do? Wand whacking?

Madevil
May 4, 2017, 04:08 AM
So, what did they do? Wand whacking?

one was throwing out offensive techs wanna be a fo
another one was spawning sword PAs, someting like 30k max damage oe

GHNeko
May 4, 2017, 05:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Divi9yo.png

Loveless62
May 4, 2017, 12:51 PM
Offensive techs are actually reasonable for Te/Br (maybe other class combos? Definitely not Te/Hu), as long as they make sure buffs are covered (assuming the first Te was Te/Br).

I can't speak for the sword, though.

Vatallus
May 5, 2017, 01:21 AM
You shouldn't expect a Force to play buff bitch. Though if said Force doesn't even have the intelligence to cast Shifta once in awhile and Zanverse when Deus is open when no Techer is around...

Let's just say they probably have no clue what they are actually doing.

Even a Lv 17 Shifta with 0 skill points is worth casting, and Zanverse is -always- worth casting on a MPA boss that isn't moving.

GHNeko
May 5, 2017, 02:33 AM
You shouldn't expect a Force to play buff bitch. Though if said Force doesn't even have the intelligence to cast Shifta once in awhile and Zanverse when Deus is open when no Techer is around...

Even a Lv 17 Shifta with 0 skill points is worth casting, and Zanverse is -always- worth casting on a MPA boss that isn't moving.

B-But MUH DEEPS. I HAVE BETTER DPS WHEN I DONT ZANVERSE PLUS EVERYONE IN MY MPA IS NOT AS GOOD AS ME SO IF I ZANVERSE THE MPA, ITS NOT GONNA BE AS MUCH DPS. BibleThump

AzurEnd
May 5, 2017, 09:49 AM
Zanverse is -always- worth casting on a MPA boss that isn't moving.

Even if that Zanverse is coming from my Fi/Hu's Coat Doublis? Wasnt sure if it was a great idea but it hasnt been impeding me at all considering how Deus is, usually if I dont see anyone using Zanverse ill swap to Coat Doublis, pre-cast it where the boss is gonna leave itself and then swap back to my actual weapons and continue as normal.

jooozek
May 5, 2017, 10:42 AM
Even if that Zanverse is coming from my Fi/Hu's Coat Doublis? Wasnt sure if it was a great idea but it hasnt been impeding me at all considering how Deus is, usually if I dont see anyone using Zanverse ill swap to Coat Doublis, pre-cast it where the boss is gonna leave itself and then swap back to my actual weapons and continue as normal.

pretty sure it will vanish the second you switch weapons

Cyber Meteor
May 5, 2017, 11:15 AM
Well, visually the zanverse will stay but its effect will be cancelled when you'll switch the weapon (no additional hits will happen), it happens even as FO when you just switch to another weapon even if it's the same type and for any techs with some duration in its effect

AzurEnd
May 5, 2017, 12:17 PM
Well, visually the zanverse will stay but its effect will be cancelled when you'll switch the weapon (no additional hits will happen), it happens even as FO when you just switch to another weapon even if it's the same type and for any techs with some duration in its effect

Oh... well I cant say I didnt try to be helpful lol. Does it happen when you switch weapons even if Zanverse is on your Subpalette? I dont really play Fo or Te.

Cyber Meteor
May 5, 2017, 01:54 PM
Even with zanverse on subpallette it'll happen yeah (i have zanverse on my subpalette since EP3 came out xD )

Flaoc
May 5, 2017, 02:50 PM

this right here pretty much

Altiea
May 5, 2017, 03:11 PM
Moment Gale's Zanverse stays even if you switch weapons, weirdly enough.

Flaoc
May 5, 2017, 05:30 PM
you would think sega would at least fix this glitch already (jk its sega they dont do shit unless its chain banish )

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/aa6baecfd698d4b252aa4ad5128fa9cb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

GHNeko
May 5, 2017, 05:53 PM
you would think sega would at least fix this glitch already (jk its sega they dont do shit unless its chain banish )

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/aa6baecfd698d4b252aa4ad5128fa9cb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

i've been stuck inside the snake before unable to jump out lol,

Vatallus
May 5, 2017, 06:39 PM
Sega only fixes things that speed up progression or let us get off the treadmill entirely. They don't fix things that slow us down.

Anyway while I haven't been stuck in the snake before, I have had it happen twice now where the snake still tracks my location when it is suppose to be downed making it impossible for me to jump on it, and anyone else if I don't move far enough away that it keeps it's head down.

Anubaly
May 5, 2017, 09:18 PM
Have had 2 runs so far where I couldn't climb onto Deus' first down snake head. One time I managed to climb on just as the snake head started to move again like tracking a target.

Did Sega ever fix glitches related to Mother? Mother constantly speeding away during rideroid phase, sometimes during core exposure, and Mother being permanently shielded with no hands to hit? I doubt they did, but I haven't seen either in a few months.

loafhero
May 5, 2017, 09:54 PM

Oh, shit. I thought I was the only one. Had one run where in the climb up phase, the Dragon head started spinning around and prevented at least half of the MPA from getting to the core. Didn't get mad cause the Dragon head spinning around was hilarious.

Cadfael
May 5, 2017, 11:15 PM
Have had 2 runs so far where I couldn't climb onto Deus' first down snake head. One time I managed to climb on just as the snake head started to move again like tracking a target.

Did Sega ever fix glitches related to Mother? Mother constantly speeding away during rideroid phase, sometimes during core exposure, and Mother being permanently shielded with no hands to hit? I doubt they did, but I haven't seen either in a few months.

Dunno about those, but it still seems you can skip the second cube phase sometimes for some reason. So yeah, don't count on the Deus glitches being fixed any time soon.

....Or at all.

KuroNeko77
May 6, 2017, 05:45 AM
We just had Mother running away while her core was exposed, so at least this one has yet to be fixed.

HardBoiledPapa
May 6, 2017, 11:57 AM
Looks like you can retry the Desgracia duel even if you fail according to bumped.

reinforcers
May 8, 2017, 01:50 AM
I read bumped "Deus Esca Zephyros Nerf" is it going to nerf deuss esca again?

Cyber Meteor
May 8, 2017, 06:38 AM
No, it was about why they did that nerf, it's written just after that title

Vatallus
May 8, 2017, 07:35 AM
I know it was stated just a few post ago, but again... It is almost like Deus has an instant fail DPS phase instead. Like, are they trying to tell us people actually fail Mother? The only way to fail Mother is to not kill her in 1 hour?

How do they plan to make Deus like Mother when Deus can actually be failed by not doing enough damage in 5 minutes? These are two completely different boss situations.

reinforcers
May 8, 2017, 10:25 PM
I know it was stated just a few post ago, but again... It is almost like Deus has an instant fail DPS phase instead. Like, are they trying to tell us people actually fail Mother? The only way to fail Mother is to not kill her in 1 hour?

How do they plan to make Deus like Mother when Deus can actually be failed by not doing enough damage in 5 minutes? These are two completely different boss situations.

agreed, mother doesnt have sudden drastic event that make you need to kill it under 5 minutes, thats is the "failing blow" on deus. I think sega make it so that people wouldnt start to solo or duet on deus, which happening on mother

AzurEnd
May 8, 2017, 10:37 PM
agreed, mother doesnt have sudden drastic event that make you need to kill it under 5 minutes, thats is the "failing blow" on deus. I think sega make it so that people wouldnt start to solo or duet on deus, which happening on mother

Im just gonna throw this out there but there are videos of people Duoing and Soloing Dues now.

reinforcers
May 8, 2017, 10:43 PM
Im just gonna throw this out there but there are videos of people Duoing and Soloing Dues now.

the nerf does make it so, but still mpa got chance failed, just witness it few days ago players talking about failing on deus, while mother is certainly success

Meteor Weapon
May 8, 2017, 11:58 PM
Remember how people timed out on Loser back then? Did Loser ever got nerfed?

[Ayumi]
May 9, 2017, 01:11 AM

I would like to say technically yes by the way they buffed things or added customized PAs and techs and then of course skill tree changes and new weapons.

Selphea
May 9, 2017, 01:21 AM
Didn't his HP get nerfed in the SH to XH transition? They cut his SH HP to about a quarter of what it was, and his XH version was about the same as this old SH HP. His Profound Invasion version has even less HP than the normal quest.

Then throw in all the power creep from 13*s, broken PAs, crafts, main class bonus etc... he's nerfed pretty hard really :(

isCasted
May 9, 2017, 01:21 AM

On VH - yes. But not on any other difficulty

reinforcers
May 9, 2017, 01:32 AM

nope, it doesn't need to, technically it got nerfed but not directly, and also because loser isn't comparable with deus to begin with
1. did loser only have 1 target hit box? no. loser have many target hit hit box, even have breakable parts. deus? hit only 1 target and the rest area no damage at all.
2. did loser have to get very close to hit target? no, you can hit it from anywhere, deus too right? nope. try hit it long range at under arm and you will met the greatest invisible wall, only piercing able to hit the mark
3. did loser have sudden change even that drastically reduce the time needed to finish it off? nope, it doesnt have, loser is trully 50+ minutes boss not suddenly cut off to 5 minutes

edit: it doesn't mean the nerf is good, for me if that 5 minutes event removed, even without nerf deus is solid enough ... but then it just become mother replica ....

Zulastar
May 9, 2017, 08:55 AM
Then throw in all the power creep from 13*s, broken PAs, crafts, main class bonus etc... he's nerfed pretty hard really :(

I tried to run Deus on FiBo with Elemental Stance and Astral Blaze both Light and Dark. Well... it's a crap. Elemental Stance sometimes work, somtimes not and Brave Stance isn't work well on Deus too...

GHNeko
May 9, 2017, 11:46 AM
I tried to run Deus on FiBo with Elemental Stance and Astral Blaze both Light and Dark. Well... it's a crap. Elemental Stance sometimes work, somtimes not and Brave Stance isn't work well on Deus too...

Brave Stance is the only stance for the whole fight. Even on snake heads. Fi stance is relative to the main body of deus, so for the EQ, you only use brave.

FiBo is a pain in the ass due to how it plays,but the reason for it being a PITA isnt brave or elemental stance. It's more to do with PAs and no break stance.

Source: FiBr main who has only run FiBr on Deus. I also have a FiBo with Rainbow Astrals. I'm also on a team with another FiBo with rainbow astrals.

Bellion
May 9, 2017, 11:55 AM
The only time that Wise Stance applies is when Deus splits the field into two halves. The heads on the far left or right of their respective sides will require Wise Stance unless they move closer to you. You could just not bother with the furthest heads as a Fi/x or x/Fi anyway.

GHNeko
May 9, 2017, 12:28 PM
The only time that Wise Stance applies is when Deus splits the field into two halves. The heads on the far left or right of their respective sides will require Wise Stance unless they move closer to you. You could just not bother with the furthest heads as a Fi/x or x/Fi anyway.

Yeah.95% of the fight calls for brave so it's a nonissue.